Review of Yodle

info@yodle.com
2018 Customer choice award

tomm1145
8/11/16

I was contacted by a Yodle solicitor a couple of weeks ago, (late July 2016), and as a small business owner, I'm always considering more efficient ways to promote my business through the internet medium. What the initial sales rep told me sounded like a good value, though my business cash flow has been slow lately, and I wasn't ready to commit to any new program right now. After telling him that, he told me would turn me over to his manager if I could hold on. As an ex-trained salesman myself, I knew he might be headed for the "TO" as they say. The manager began asking me "closing questions" that pushy salespeople believe will lead to the embarrassment of the customer, who will then feel intellectually obligated to purchase. After trying several "pushy" high pressure questions on me, and not listening to my feelings or circumstances I felt would not permit me to buy anything right now, I decided to hang up on the jerk! I don't buy anything the first time I see it or hear about it!! I have learned in life to weigh all decisions carefully and deliberately. This company may have a worthwhile service; although reading many of the reviews here would indicate otherwise. But to employ high pressure tactics to get customers to capitulate, is an insulting and indignifying sales method that I have no respect for! Screw "Yelp"!!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Tom - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I'm disappointed to hear about your experience with one of our sales representatives. Please reach out to me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com with the details of the call and I would be happy to look into it for you. Best, GB.
bethm76
8/9/16

Bonnie Jenkins showed me around the dashboard today, and it was so user friendly. I'm excited about uploading photos and getting reviews to help my online rankings.

marcelines1
8/4/16

I requested ownership of my business listing from YP. It has not been forthcoming. Andrew stayed on the phone with me for well over two hours patiently and professionally explaining to YP why it could be done now and why there was not a need to wait any longer.

This frustrating and exasperating experience was made possible and was done pleasantly because of Andrew's willingness ot help and because of his patience.

janieg4
7/30/16

Yodle's service is very straightforward and user friendly. It is focused on getting your business out there and their customer service is fast and very helpful as well! This is a highly recommended service to promote your business!

sterlinge4
7/28/16

Great way for a web presence with simplicity. Great customer service.

frankl346
7/27/16

Thomas Standing imported into my Yodle Dashboard a huge CSV file with my contacts, and gave me access on Yodle to all 4500+ contacts I exported from my Microsoft Outlook contact list. Further, he explained how to work with them on the Yodel Dashboard and was just great explaining how to do that too. Thanks Thomas! (July 27, 2016)

johnd606
7/26/16

JOHNDAVIS REVIEW -VERY GOOD, INFORMATIVE, ORGANIZED AND PROFESSIONAL

sarahj145
7/22/16

They were very good at explaining things to us in a way that we could understand. Not being very computer savvy we really appreciate it.

harrieth8
7/20/16

I read reviews that said it was useless, but the salesman caught me at a weak moment and I signed up. Lo and behold, 6 months later, it was though I flushed $1,800 down the toilet! I even forgot about I had signed up.
Find a better outlet for your money.

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Harriet - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and I'm disappointed to hear you didn't have a more positive experience with Yodle. While I understand this wasn't your experience, the majority of our 50,000 customers do find success with our marketing solutions. If you have any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Best, GB.
harolds53
7/20/16

I listened to the sales pitch that took an hour. Their sales strategy reeks of desperation and over the top, aggressive, rude and idiotic methodology.

I was not born yesterday and I never have encountered tactics like these in business.

If you have a good service, expect the company to offer money back guarantees, not 6 month contracts on an "Act of Faith."

I told him I act "On research" not faith, and then he used it again. He is either stupid or following a script, or he is a robot.

If you sign up with these scammers, you have too much money on your hands, and they are there to take it from the weak and desperate in society, nothing else.

How can a corporation generate leads for you? This is impossible as business leads are usually generated by word of mouth, satisfied customers. You can get your own business on the front page of the search engine on your own, if you have any common sense.

The fact is that your business needs to grow through satisfied customers, good values, and good customer service....something yolda knows nothing about.

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Harold - I'd like to apologize that you had a bad experience with one of our sales representatives, we definitely don't condone this type of behavior. If you have any questions about our products or have any additional details you would like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. You can contact me directly at 646-768-3690. Best, GB.
kathrynr15
7/15/16

Such an easy website to navigate! Even if you need help it walks you right through what you need STEP by STEP on the site or you can speak directly to a representative, like our good friend Bonnie!

johnb649
7/14/16

Web interaction is very user friendly and helpful.

luist13
7/13/16

You might have the fortune of read this review before the pile with several "good" review in top. That is how to manipulate the systems.

If you read carefully the same happened to every one. the promise lots of leads and you get solicitors calling you all day long.

Total waste of my money

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Luis - I'm sorry to hear there was a disconnect between what was promised on the sales call and the service you received. If you would like to share more details or have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Best, GB.
josephi145
7/8/16

Just a quick note from a very critical consumer. Great customer sevice!

maryr176
7/6/16

Thomas has been a very pleasant person to work with but the changes we discuss STILL have not been correctly input. Totally could be me, but somehow the agreements we reach in conversations and the word docs I've submitted get changed. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Mary - Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and I'm sorry that we haven't met your expectations with this matter. I just passed along your feedback to our Customer Service team who will be looking into the issue. If you need any additional help, please reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Thanks, GB.
davidp250
6/29/16

After 3 months and almost $1000.00 the only requests I got were 2 from India wanting to sell me the same service. Nothing else. What a Waste of set up time and money that could have actually generated business

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi David - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find success with our service. If you want to share additional details, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Best, GB.
bills180
6/21/16

i just don't know

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Bill - If you could provide more details, I would be happy to discuss any issues you may be having with the platform. Please feel free to contact me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com. Thanks, GB.
frankm134
6/16/16

I had a wonderful experience Thomas Standing got things done love it

pamelac54
6/15/16

After several months of using Yodle, and not having one phone call translate into an appointment, I attempted to cancel our agreement with them. All I got was the run around for over 15 minutes with fast talking salesmen telling me the program was working for me. I continued to try to tell them very politely that we were going to be using a professional PR agency to handle our advertising and that not one of the phone calls from Yodle users resulted in an appointment, and they still wouldn't let me off the line. I'm embarassed that I ever signed up with this company!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Pamela - I'm disappointed to hear you didn't have more success with Yodle. If you are still having trouble cancelling, please reach out to me. You can contact me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com. Thanks, GB.
lienr
6/14/16

Yodle is a total waste of my time and money. Their "services" did nothing but block my actual website and confuse my customers. They took credit for leads they I generated myself. They brought me absolutely no business. Worst of all, they continued to charge me $299/month after I asked to cancel. They will rob the small business owner blind!! DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR TRAP!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Lien - I'm sorry to hear you didn't find success with Yodle, this is never something we want for our customers. If you are still having trouble canceling, please reach out to me and I would be happy to help. You can contact me directly at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com. Thanks, GB.
silvanal
6/14/16

We had our first session today to set our website and Jared did a great job explaining everything. He took time to answer all of our questions, he explained every feature of the website and dashboard, he made us aware of the importance of keeping the website updated and fresh. He also went through his whole presentation with confidence.

robertl203
6/14/16

Well-explained and expeditious. Everything made sense. Easy to communicate with. A lot of patience for two people who weren't above changing their minds a few times, and then changing them back.

Thanks, Jared!

janh58
6/14/16

Very patient and excellent service tech.

alishiaw
6/14/16

has helped us in so many aspects with the business. I have uploaded and designed my website so easily.

erneste7
6/11/16

YODLE. CARES
YODLE IS THERE TO HELP
I AM HAPPY WITH YODLE.
ONCE AGAIN YODLE CARES. ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER
YODLE. DELIVERS GO GO GO YODLE

341 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.

No you lose it

By Jason M.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle