Review of Yahoo

Saint Cloud, MN 56301, United States
stcloudmncarpetcleaners@yahoo.com

annj14
11/12/14

I love Yahoo! since I use their mail. I like their delightful style in the e-mail theme. I like browsing different articles of different topics. Overall Yahoo! is so good.

suem46
11/9/14

I am a real yahoo and online news junkie, and I read and scan multiple articles pretty much everyday.
I'm not too big with some of the articles and the slant. And... then there are loading problems they have occasionally; but yahoo seems to always be more than fair with the comments sections.
Many times the comments people make seem to be just insults, but yahoo lets it go. I am glad.
Yahoo seems to try to let people speak, even if it is garbage, and that is a real public service.
There is increasing censorship online and in online businesses, increasing blacklisting in employment, even online.
I am concerned about this and glad for yahoo.

Tip for consumers: Ignore trolls: but there might be legitimate concerns with angry people.

mahboobm
11/1/14

yahoo.com is good website

Tip for consumers: this is good search engine

dustinn3
10/7/14

Email is great once its set up, finance manager runs smoothly. Downside: ZERO customer service. You call, you can guarantee to be put on hold and then hung up on every time. Want to email them? No sorry, they don't have a easily found customer service email address to address your problems. You follow the on hold instructions from the automated phone service before they hung up on you? Oh sorry, there is no site for them to recieve a message from you help.yahoo.com/identity does not exist. Message them on facebook? Sorry they won't get back to you. Billion dollar industry with no customer service.

If you need a simple email service then Yahoo is great but if you ever run into a problem with their system then you are screwed. Call their helpline if you want verification on this. See how many times you get hung up on. :)

calvins19
9/8/14

Next to google the second top most search engine used by most of the people in the world is Yahoo. Yes both google annd yahoo are both ends as far as I knew. Yes, if the google is best in giving the search results for the unknown concepts in forms of deffinitions, acronyms etc., yahoo is at its best in covering the world news and also it is first place in updating the current events of the world frequently.

kentm10
8/30/14

they were once great, but nowadays things has went hilly....

i love their email back then , but nowadays they keep asking for my cell number inorder to activate it , that's ridiculous

Tip for consumers: do away the cell phone texting inorder to have a yahoo mail

paulc77
Paul C.
8/24/14

Yahoo is the best news site on the net. Their email system is very good. Even though they changed their logo, it's still an awesome site. I still prefer the old logo, though. Unlike Google, they actually have more information on their homepage. You can get anything news here. That's about it.

Tip for consumers: If you want your own email address, use Yahoo!.

mistys2
8/12/14

Yahoo has the best search engine.

brongk
7/25/14

Been with yahoo for about 6 yes and their customer service is horrible. Horrible enough for me to switch to Gmail. Apparently acct was hacked so had to call in to get my acct updated. Have tried calling yahoo multiple times and ever time there is a extremely long hold. Have been on the phone line waiting for over a hr and a half just so I can speak to a representative about logging in. Still currently on the phone line with them waiting. It's very disappointing. If I didn't need my yahoo email for work then I would definitely of had stop using them a long time ago. Permanently switching to Gmail after I log in once again to yahoo

johnnyb29
7/21/14

I ORDERED 3 4 WHEELERS 2 250 CC Typhoon and 1 125 cc Skyhawk, talk about junk, soon as we got them I put them together rand my sons 125 wouldn't stay running checked everything found out bad battery, no problem called mega motors and told them gave me big run around to check this check that, Im a certified motorcycle mechanic, so long story short they said we will send you a battery right out, well 4 weeks later it finally got here, went to walmart and bought one tired of waiting and my son wanted to ride, then my chain kept popping off every 20 feet, looked it over and found out chain tension roller was bent from factory, called mega motors 6 weeks ago and still no chain roller, well then my son starts riding finally and ball joint breaks called again and was told after 4 weeks they don't have any updates on part yet and told me they didn't know when or how long it would be, We sold the 2 250 cc junk piles and still haven't got chain tension roller, lol wow what a joke this company is, if I was you I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS FAKE LIEING DIEASE PIECE OF $#*! COMPANY, They have no cloe to what they are selling they buy from other companies and always have to put you on hold to find out from other companies when they can get parts, have own warehouse and parts my ASS, just stay away everyone STAY AWAY.

rickys10
4/10/14

Yahoo is great! The mail feature is good. I'm suggesting for more improvements in the site for the users.

nafeesaha
3/29/14

I've had an email account with Yahoo for more than 8 years and my issue with them is the lack of security that plagues the email system and their chat program. Yahoo also has terrible customer service with people that have nasty attitudes and if you're trying to get answers to something they're not very friendly. They need to really overhaul Yahoo's way of existing and just start over with people who actually give a crap about customer service and can perform their job right.

rameezs
3/27/14

i am christian i am passed my metriculation from Sf. Michael's convent high school and intermediate from Szabist intermediate college. and BBA from Sindh University.

cindyc27
3/23/14

Yahoo is a very useful search engine. One of the best search engines in Web.
But sometimes it takes time to load more heavy details.

sarahw57
3/17/14

I have been using Yahoo since the 90's. Wow! There have been many changes to the mail program, good and bad.

My only complaint is how difficult it is to access other email accounts from Yahoo. Last major upgrade, made this much harder than it has been over the years, not sure what the change was, or why it was implemented.

The news feed is handy.

davidm173
2/26/14

The news is heavily BIASED !

tracyw31
2/14/14

good people

abhishekt
2/12/14

i get well updated about the daily news and current affairs goin around the world. but some time the content is not relevant and i find it fake.

benedictf7
2/11/14

Yahoo is currently one of the worst sites for having an email account. Mails keep missing very often or don't get sent. I am really having problems with my email and nobody cares or does anything. I am starting to feel really sorry for them and if I didn't have so many contacts in my yahoo, I would instantly switch to gmail. I will give them one more chance tough.

beckys14
2/7/14

should up its game its almost there

cyberj
1/21/14

One of the most reliable websites. The trending news and the pics on the website are superb. Way to go Yahoo!!!!

gabyp
1/14/14

Yahoo sites are poorly organized. The homepage shows news articles, but the articles are not categorized in any way so if you are looking for a specific news subject (e.g. business, technology, etc.) you have to hunt for it. I used to read articles on Yahoo, but now it's actually easier and faster to do a web engine search by typing in the type of news you're looking for. In the past I could simply click on a category on the Yahoo homepage, but not so anymore.

Yahoo mail is tedious. They have improved the spam filters some. I don't get as much obvious spam as before. The bad side is that now some spam is designated as e-mails from Yahoo "sponsors" that you cannot delete. There was an option to stop receiving messages from sponsors a few months ago which I went through the steps to opt out, but that option was just for show since I still get them. These sponsor spams show up at the top of the list of e-mails. Also it takes forever for spam filters that you create to start working. I made a filter for these pharmacy spams and set it up for them to go to the trash folder. I kept getting them in my inbox for about a month after creating the filter.

Another thing I experienced was getting automatically signed up for Yahoo mail alerts about stories. They tracked the type of articles I read on the homepage and sent me tons of these alert messages. I went through the option of opting out and it said it would take more than a full week to change my preferences and to stop receiving them. Funny, it took them about a few days to start sending them to me, but when I want them to stop it takes a lot longer.

Yahoo Flickr is hard to go through. Yes, the format looks very pretty, but again, it's hard to use.

While Yahoo looks pretty, I want something that's also user friendly. I don't want to have to click on a bunch of items to figure out what to do. Years ago it had a very user friendly format, but this has changed. I feel like I did when I first got windows 8: lots of pretty colors, but that's it.

andree9
1/6/14

I like to use yahoo mail.

johng119
1/1/14

I had my email account with yahoo many years, I like to use it, it is very easy and convenient.

denisem15
12/30/13

I like yahoo. It tells me more things.

136 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yahoo, is under going a big market change with Verizon Wireless, Yahoo! has been running slow ever since they mention the Oath Brand, Inc. It was like the whole market crashed for Yahoo!, they are still working on buying back the stock, and I even wonder why the offer to buy, a company with no problem, that dose the same kinda of work without using or selling a telephone. Yahoo1 sould be up and running, but there is still, on when and how they are going to buy back the stock.

By Lavetta L.

Questions? Get answers from the Yahoo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Yahoo