Review of Yahoo

paull135
3/22/16

Pro's:
- easy to register
- plenty of services in one account
Con's:
- sends me emails every day and I can't unsubscribe
- it takes 10 mins to deliver an email

marier26
2/19/16

I purchased jewelries...awesome,beautiful,just love it,recommended to to my friends.

Marie
Alex.Va.

toniak1
1/25/16

Staffmart incident on Tuesday, January 19.
I used to work at CEVA through Staffmart. I tried to get into work close to 6:00 p.m. and my badge didn't work. A security officer was right behind me and made a comment about my badge not working. I tried once more- then he asked for my badge. He looked for my name in a book he had at the desk...my name was not listed with Staffmart. I found that odd because I have been working for them since September of 2015. The security guy says "You'll need to contact Staffmart." I immediately called CEVA's HR dept...No answer- left a message; I called Staffmart and left a message in the after hours mailbox. I even sent my immediate supervisor at CEVA, a text message...no response.
On January 20, 2016, I contacted the Staffmart on Lebanon Rd in Nashville, TN. and left another message at 8:39 a.m.. I then called the Staffmart office in Coolsprings at 8:42 a.m. I told the rep I could not get a response from the Lebanon Rd. office. The rep told me she would get someone to call me. At 9:21 a.m. the Coolsprings Staffmart rep sent me an e-mail, giving me the Lebanon Rd. office number to contact. I called and left another message at the staffmart on Lebanon Rd. At 9:36 a.m. I called CEVA's HR dept and spoke with a female rep. She told me she would get in touch with the on site Staffmart rep to find out what's going on.
On January 21, 2016, I contacted the headquarters for Staffmart in Cincinnati, OH and left a message. Shortly after a rep called me and said she will find out what's going on.
It is January 25, 2016 and I have yet to receive an e-mail, or a phone call...explanation from anyone. I can't believe I'm being treated this way, especially since I was getting good evaluations from the lead in my work area at CEVA. I was never notified my job was ending- nor did they try to find me other employment (If CEVA no-longer needed me).
I wonder how any of these people would feel if they showed up for work and could not get in...and was given no explanation! I'm trying to catch myself up on my bills and Staffmart is making it a little difficult.
I will say...when I signed up with Staffmart they were very kind and found me a job immediately after the paperwork was complete. What happened!!
Sincerely,
Dedicated ex-employee.

Tip for consumers: Be careful and have a back-up job.

jamesp199
1/11/16

Yahoo has been on the decline for sometime now, and who knows what the future hold for them. There are alternatives to yahoo that eclipse them in a very big way. The best thing to do is go to gmail or another large service

peggyt7
1/10/16

The new way of presenting "news" is terrible! It is all right wing blogs. There are few to no unbiased, factually correct articles. Do you take us for a bunch of dummies? I read the paper every morning and know a reporters unbiased article from a biased blog. Go back to the old news format or DELETE this one!

hopeb11
12/10/15

YAHOO WHATS TO SELL THEIR CUSTOMERS A JACKING SOFTWARE SO IF YOU HAVE AN E-MAIL WITH THEM AND THEY GET HATCHED THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU GET BACK INTO YOUR INFO WITHOUT CHARGE YOU THIS BS

Tip for consumers: NOT SAFE AND THEY DON'T BACK UP THEIR SOFTWARE AND THEN THEY SAYS U DID SOMETHING NOT A GOOD CUSTOMER COMPANY THEN WHEN U CALL THEY WILL NOT LET U TALK WITH A MANGER

samt20
12/4/15

It employs hack writers.

ankits8
12/1/15

yahoo is a good website. They pretty have everything, and make it pretty user friendly

jamieh67
11/30/15

In order to make more billions for their shareholders, Yahoo Small Business has become Aabaco (Alibaba). All the meta data tags business have had on the internet with their webhosting through YSB has now been turned over to Yext! A company that forcing small businesses to pay them a minimum of $449, up front, in order to get their names back in the search engines! The timing to start this racket during the holidays is devastating to businesses and borders on extortion. Yahoo and its affiliates are no longer happy with the fees their customers have been paying for webhosting and email services (Outlook), they have to make more. This is a sad commentary on the greed of corporate America and Wall Street at the expense of the small businesses that keep this nation working. Shame on Yahoo/Aabaco/Yext.

zaihnanyayw
10/25/15

I don't like that they force you to use your phone number.

jamesb272
10/22/15

I used to really enjoy reading Yahoo's news site. It was one of those places that I could find some interesting articles, and they send me down a rabbit trail of a couple of hours of reading! ;-) Recently though, it seems like every headline that looks interesting ends up being a video. I don't want to watch a video!! I want to read! Often I don't have sound handy at a school computer terminal, or I don't want to let my workmates know that I found an interesting news piece. Please bring back more articles, and I will spend more time reading them.

curth17
9/30/15

For some reason when people send an email to be at my Bellsouth.net account they get a message back that says I do not have a Yahoo.com account. Which I don't. Att can fix the problem so they told me to call Yahoo's customer care and gave me this number (408) 349-1572. When you call it just says we are having difficulties, please try later. What a joke. If you are smart you will never get tangled up with Yahoo.

lonnieh22
9/19/15

I was "inactive" for a couple months. There is no warning of de-activation, even though my REAL e-mail address (gmail) was my profile name? So, I go to sign up AGAIN, and my phone number is REQUIRED for membership? Not to mention the joy of navigating through their website, like visiting New York City on Christmas. So many bells and whistles you'd think that they think you are mindless cattle looking for shiny things. Yahoo "answers questions" or whatever the hell it's called, is a nice quality to their platform. User-friendliness (this isn't 1996!!!) sucks (technical term; got more cookies than pinterest.com; my next meal after this one)
UPDATE: Finally gave in and provided my phone number to sign in for ANOTHER account, it only took 20 minutes, after all the back and forth about user names, passwords being green and good enough then instantly not good enough... Instantly had spam in my new email account. I get literal head-aches using this horrible website. Everything about them is terrible. I cannot think of a single nice thing to say about yahoo. I hope they go away and never return. Makes AOL look user-friendly and high tech...
UPDATE: DELETED MY ACCOUNT AGAIN! It takes about 2 weeks, if you don't log in, they DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT! Good news, I discovered that you can run Bing ads without using yahoo. This company used to be important now it's just terrible and will make you sad. Horrible model for a company. Looks and acts like a toddler.

Tip for consumers: Complain to them if you are unlucky enough to be trying to market a website about their horrible monopoly service. Maybe they'll grow a heart someday? Maybe boycott these vipers?

shanew27
9/17/15

Provides SPAM filtering and reporting on incoming eMail. Many nice features considering it's free.

freddieb27
9/7/15

I got look out of my account and needed help. I follow yahoo promo assistance and I reach this so call site to assist. Site wanted me to pay money to bit log back in stating that someone from a foreign country was try to log in unauthorized and they lock the account and the only way to correct it was to pay them for assistance. Could not find any more more number to contact yahoo so after 20 year of having this account I am now held to ransom unless I pay. Totally arip off or a scam.

roberts279
8/14/15

I do not use Yahoo and don't intend to! Yahoo has insidious ways of slipping their "ask" search engine into Chrome and replacing Google. It's sneaky, annoying and a real pain in the butt!

dohns
8/7/15

Yahoo used to be my "go -to" site before I left for CNN. Yahoo is ok in terms of providing a mix of political/current event topics with celebrity gossip. I don't check in as often anymore which is not a reflection of the site, my preferences have simply changed.

chrissya1
7/2/15

Love it

jeniferl4
6/17/15

EMGS Group-Mohamed Alaoui *Theft & Fraud*

email address for his company

Beware of doing business with this company!

m.alaoui@emgsgroup.com

relhamdani@emgsgroup.com

stock@emgsgroup.com

We shipped his company $25,000 of merchandise from the USA to Europe, Total tax on the invoice was around $2500. We paid for the tax upfront by selecting "Bill Duties to Sender" with Fedex. However upon receiving the product M. Alaoui ceased to respond to our emails and then finally flat out refused to pay the taxes.

We want to make everyone aware to not do business with this company, they will take your money and run!

kimberlym45
5/29/15

I am an online marketer and we have NEVER had so many problems getting a business verified, They literally REFUSED to lend me phone support for Basic Small Business Listings aka Free listings. This is why Google is always number one and Yahoo never will be - even if they joined with Bing. I can call Google and get my clients' businesses verified on-the-spot. Yahoo only wants you to give them money. I would have left no stars, but it required one.

annam103
5/13/15

Google really has taken over the world. What about yahoo??

kathleenr6
2/13/15

Used to be really good, now it's worse than the worst. I wish there was a lower option than one star, because that's what it would earn now. As their policies have changed, they've become a major problem.

1. You can no longer sign up for an account without inputting a mobile phone number. This, to me, is a stupid policy. What about people who don't have a cell phone? I don't; I had to ask one of my friends if I could use her old phone number just to create an account.

2. You can only associate so many email accounts with one phone number, and you have to jump through hoops of fire to remove a phone number from an account, because you have to put in either another phone number or an alternate email.

3. I have many different email accounts, all of which I use for various purposes. I play a lot of online games, most of which allow you to have different game accounts but they all have to have separate emails. I have 2 main emails for most everything, 2 main ones for the websites I own, and a total of 18 others. Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I use every single one, logging in to each one every 2 weeks. I recently signed up for another account on one of my favorite sites, and I put in one of the alternate emails. When I went to log in to that account on Yahoo, it asked for my security code. After I put it in, it told me that the account hadn't been logged into for 2 weeks and was deactivated. I was pretty upset and decided to try another email. ALL 18 of my alternate emails were deactivated for "long-standing time". 2 weeks. Seriously?

4. After the email deactivation fiasco, I tried to recreate them. Now, I'm 20 years old. I got to the part of the form where you have to input your birthday and I did. I double checked to make sure it was right and then re-checked the entire form. When I pushed sign-up, it said that I didn't meet the age requirements.

I'm done with Yahoo. They're a piece of trash website now, and they're really not worth it anymore.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

christier4
1/13/15

Just got off the phone with "Raul" who couldn't help me at all. Was totally incompetent and when I asked for a supervisor told me none was available. I asked to speak to someone in the US and he said that he couldn't do that. Since when is a supervisor not available? I thought Yahoo cared about customers.

137 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yahoo, is under going a big market change with Verizon Wireless, Yahoo! has been running slow ever since they mention the Oath Brand, Inc. It was like the whole market crashed for Yahoo!, they are still working on buying back the stock, and I even wonder why the offer to buy, a company with no problem, that dose the same kinda of work without using or selling a telephone. Yahoo1 sould be up and running, but there is still, on when and how they are going to buy back the stock.

By Lavetta L.

Questions? Get answers from the Yahoo staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Yahoo