Review of XOTICPC

Tel: 877-289-9684
service@xoticpc.com

roby15
5/3/19

Like one of the negative reviewers here mentioned, I actually went with Dell initially because it's a well known, established company. However, after 4 weeks with no laptop (high end, > $3,500USD), and multiple calls to India with no help, terrible customer service, I just cancelled my order.

I came to ZOTICPC's website and opened an online chat. They were very responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable. I built a system with better specs, added rush delivery and 3-day shipping and it was still $100 less than what I was going to pay with Dell. I placed my order on a Friday and it shipped out Monday evening, this was a custom build, not something ready to be shipped.

The laptop showed up a day early on Wednesday, looks and works great! That's less than 5 business days from clicking the Order button until it was in my hands on the other side of the country.

Like any business dealing with hardware that, let's face it, is not being manufactured here in the U.S. (by any company), there are going to be some bad apples. Perhaps I was lucky, who knows, what I do know is that every single step of the process was handled in a friendly and professional manner, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Tip for consumers: If you have any questions, use the live chat!

zeyada3
11/24/18

I feel guilty for even giving 1 star, If there was less than 1 star i would have definitely chosen that. They have no Quality control what so ever and the employees are totally dishonest. NEVER EVER TRUST THIS SHOP. First i bought from them a laptop (Gigabyte Aero 15X) that had allot of issues like the keyboard clicks don't register, the keyboard LEDs are burned in some keys, the screen had significant back-light bleed, the chassis was not well fixed so it made sounds upon typing. I returned it and asked for the same model but they didn't have it in stock as if mine was the last piece. So i chose the MSI GS65 instead. Honestly the manager was quite helpful in allowing me time so that i can wait to receive the the device before i return the defected one. And i thought after i found this helpful manager my experience with them would change but unfortunately not. The new device arrived and first after turning on i noticed a cluster of stuck pixels in the screen that are always blue, they never change, i tried some software and stuff but no way. then after a week and then some keys stopped registering completely (Enter + End + Home + Win + Fn). So i returned it and i waited for another one. The other one arrived, with bad issues too, first there is something wrong with the capacitors on this board, it makes weird buzzing noise that were not in the first exact same model, second the laptop fans sound is totally different then the previous model, as if they are vibrating more than usual while rotating and the laptop heats significantly more than the previous one(same model). Third and strange is i noticed the battery LED is not working from day 1. This time i didn't return it, because i am from a different country and each time i would pay shipping both ways and brokerage fees and so on. I opened the device and immediately i noticed that the ribbon cable for the led was not connected, I though ok maybe the careless worker who assembled the device after upgrades forgot it, but then i discovered it was disconnected on purpose to hide a bigger issue. Whenever i bring anything metal or magnetic near this LED the laptop screen turns off !!!! I have absolutely no idea what that is, but what i know, instead of them changing whatever causes this, they just disconnected the battery LED and yes, for some reason removing this LED would stop this issue, in addition to their huge dishonesty, they claim that they test the devices for some hours before shipping, then when you receive the device you find on the desktop a report with the stress test results. But they shipped it very fast that i doubted that they even tested anything so i opened this report and found out that the report is actually for another device of another model an Asus device with totally different configuration and on a totally different date. Which means they don't test anything they fake some reports and just say we test it. They even didn't bother to fake the date and the model of the device in the report. I am considering reporting them aggressively because i won't contact them anymore. Bottom Line: Xotic PC is a Scam, if you want to throw your money on the ground, go buy from them.

donq5
8/11/17

I was very hopeful when I started my experience with this company. The options were great. The prices were great. The website was actually usable unlike some other computer building sites.
I was even more pleasantly surprised when I started using their online chat support. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Travis, Emily, and everyone else were great.
The problem started with my laptop order when I was still in Phase 1 (Inventory Gathering) after 14 Days of the order being placed and paid for. Mind you, the website said that it will ship between 7 and 9 business days. It had been 10 and I was still in Phase 1 of 5 phases...... (I know what work goes in to building a custom PC, so I know it takes time, however 2 weeks to gather inventory that is advertised on your website is absurd. On top of that, putting it together, installing windows, optimizing, calibrating, and overclocking, and then testing. I knew it was going to take another week at least before it was even shipped.)
So I decided to go with another company who can quickly acquire the goods needed for my build. I cancelled my order with them with a representative, who was also pleasant (Landon I believe), on 8/5. My Order status was changed during the day 8/7/17. Now another issue, I have not received my refund yet, and it has been 6 days, we are on the 5th business day since the order status changed.
I do not know about anyone reading this, however I am an eCommerce Marketplace Manager. If I had a department, or an employee, who was causing delays and slow turnaround time for anything in my business, there would be serious issues and change. eCommerce demands speed, quick turnaround, and perfect accuracy. I am not sure why it was taking so long to acquire parts, or why the refund process is absurdly long. I also know that I ordered a similar laptop from another company on 8/6/2017 and it will be here 8/14/2017. I have my tracking already.
I am disappointed because the support team at the very least was phenomenal. I have to get another laptop for my wife since hers is failing. I was going to get mine from Xotic now, then get hers in a few weeks...... Unless something significantly changes with this company, I will not be visiting their site again for my computer needs.

thomasa86
2/26/17

use dell or toshiba, same quality laptop without the old used parts. Bought a supposed brand new Laptop and had to spend $670 6 months later to repair the video card. Never again will i use a online system provider.

brianr49
3/13/14

xoticpc carries really good prices and configurations for MSI computers along with a great 3 year warrenty. Same configuration on other pcs like hp envy and asus run over $2500 but on msi through xoticpc I got it for around $1600, big savings.

Questions? Get answers from the XOTICPC staff and other customers.

1 Photo for XOTICPC