Review of WeddingWire

Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
support@weddingwire.com

melissat75
8/19/17

I originally LOVED WW. The tools such as the Checklist, Vendor Manager, and the Budget tracker was very useful. I didn't even know they had forums and I was excited to share ideas, give advice, etc. I gave genuine advice and kept it fun and lighthearted, only to be bashed pretty hard after trying to find more budget friendly ways for someone who was asking ways to save money. I was pretty crushed but noticed this is very much of a trend for the forums.

Not a month into WW and I had several accounts hacked into and my CC number taken off of my Amazon. I changed everything (passwords and such) but I would never believe that WW would be compromised. Someone make another account under one of my emails and started going haywire. I was emailed that I violated terms because of having two accounts. I was angry as I felt like a big finger was pointed at me by WW when I didn't know this was going on. I deactivated my account, only to get back on two months later as the planner tools are too good to pass up, and I am familiar with WW compared to the other websites I tried after. But WW didn't let me use my email that I originally had, and the email that was compromised. So I had to make a whole new email just to use the website.

amyt99
8/17/17

I could not find anywhere on the Wedding Wire site to express our concern so I am writing this review here:

Our daughter went to Wedding Wire to find a videographer for her wedding. She found Trae Smith of 728 Film and Photo who had glowing reviews and was the right price. She booked him, thinking that she had, through Wedding Wire, found a reputable person. But now there are red flags about his services and whether he is really going to produce what was promised in his contract. (Some contract items have already been unfulfilled - no drone as promised and no video in 14 days). We have since found out that Trae Smith was previously the owner of Viral Media out of Florida. If you go to Wedding Wire and look up Viral Media, you will see the scathing reviews that my daughter wishes she had seen. In fact, many of these reviews link him to 728 Film and Photo and also provide a link to a news story done in Fort Meyers about his scamming. In other words, this man is a known scammer but Wedding Wire continues to allow him to operate through their site, when we feel it is obvious that Wedding Wire should know of his history. Then, when we wrote a negative review on both business sites, they pulled the one for his 728 business and asked for documentation of our contract. We have no problem with this and understand why this step is necessary. What we do question is whether or not the same process is in place for positive reviews. We doubt that any positive review on his site is real. All part of the scam. So anyone who uses Wedding Wire to find a vendor needs to know that they have not vetted their list for scammers. While there are many good things about their site, to me, their number one function is for finding reputable vendors. They failed miserably for us. If Wedding Wire wants to respond to this, I would be happy to discuss this personally and possibly amend or withdraw this complaint.

ronaldf31
8/16/17

As a new wedding venue I wasnt quite sure what I was doing or hot to get involved. SO far I am impressed with the staff and the ability to answer all my questions. Picking up the phone and calling someone is technique long forgotten in the internet era. Thanks for all your help.

paml49
8/14/17

I had a hiccup when loading videos to our WW site. A quick Live Chat with Kelly sorted out the problem (OK, SHE fixed it from her end :) ), and the exchange will help me in the future. Thanks Kelly!

jessicao46
8/14/17

I wrote several reviews on this site. Our barn wedding venue vendor had a mediocre review primarily due to the behavior of our hosts. The review was up for 2.5 years when new ownership challenged my review. I received the email that my review was suspended, but nothing else. Apparently it comes from a separate email that must have gone into my junk folder. I repeatedly checked my online account- there were no way there to get notifications. By the time I checked in, I was not allowed to provide my contract. So while my review was valid, I was outside their process to validate. How many brides check their email years later? Why wouldn't the initial email include instructions? This is a horrible process by wedding wire. So anytime a vendor doesn't like a review- dispute it- if your bride doesn't notice the email from their 'disputes' team email address- you win and no one will know.

annalisar
8/13/17

I loved the free bracelet that I got from wedding wire that motivated me to stay relaxed for my wedding. I also loved all the organization tips that helped me to stay on top of my wedding tasks

mollyb34
8/13/17

Echoing the others that say stay away from the Forums! Rude women who defend it by saying "I'm blunt, not rude" (ps. being blunt IS rude). If the women in the forums think you have a bad idea, the will rip you apart. I was so sick of it, today I literally copied and pasted the rules about being positive and respectful and got attacked for doing so! One response was "do you really think you're the first to post something like this." Holy moly, if I'm not the first, why does it keep happening? I just posed asking for people to be nice to others and was attacked and told that asking people to be nice violates the rules! What kind of "respectful, positive" forum are you running if asking people to be nice violates the guidelines, but yelling at people that you don't have to be nice and to grow some balls (someone actually said that, too) doesn't. Flagging doesn't help either because they only look into it a comment once THREE people flag a comment and these woman are so into congratulating each other for their rude, aggressive, demeaning comments that THOSE get the thumbs up and "good post" image, instead of getting flagged and looked into. A bunch of bully women supporting bully behavior and branding it as "blunt opinions."

christac8
8/11/17

I am writing this well deserved review today for my representative, Doug Peters. When Doug first proactively touched base with me after signing up for wedding wire, I was so impressed in so many ways. He was helpful, kind, professional and so much more. His happiness, kindness and complete HONESTY flows directly through the phone line. Doug has walked me through every aspect of using the weddingwire site in such an incredible, knowledgeable way, it was mind blowing. He is very flavored in all aspects of the wedding business. I have never had a question that he could not answer promptly and professionally. At first when I joined wedding wire it was a bit slow and I expressed my concern to Doug and he really comforted me in explaining how their are dips and slow times. Well he was absolutely right and I appreciated his utmost honesty because now business is picking up and I am 100% confident that I will be booked next Spring and Summer!! I am so grateful to have an honest rep to help me when i need it. I actually love it when he randomly checks in to see how things are going. There are not enough words to describe Doug Peters, All I know is that I am looking forward to working with him for the years to come!!

amandah159
8/6/17

Working with Mike is SO wonderful. In an age where people really want to keep moving up and not look back, Mike is there to help and genuinely so. Wedding Wire has been a positive experience in some ways, while disappointing in others, but Mike Dillon, my customer service rep, is always a positive. I do recommend Wedding Wire to other professionals, and I tell them to try and work with him!
I love the webinars they offer, and I am hopeful that the analytics will result in more client leads and bookings.

amys257
8/3/17

Everything has been great with this site except actually chatting the brides to be. Honestly, all those who chat on here having nothing better in their life to do than to talk about their weddings. Very spoiled, self-absorbed bridezillas on here who, when you ask for their advice, tear you down in a heart beat. Don't bother with forums as the brides themselves are stupid. Everything else on this site it just fine.

aprilh59
8/2/17

Wedding wire has tripled my business. The customer service and support is excellent! I love that I receive texts when new leads come in. It enables me to respond as soon as possible!

lilyb36
8/2/17

Wedding Wire is amazing for both business and couples getting married or people putting on an event. The team at wedding wire is careing, informative, and helpful. From navigating contracts and how to book clients to the webinars and articles of insite on this growing industry. Such a great support system that both myself and brides I work with value and appreciate. Three plus years and 35+ five star reviews later it has been the best business decision to have a profile and grow with Wedding Wire.

las404
8/1/17

I'm am totally satisfied with wedding wire if I could give them 10 stars I would. I highly recommended this company to businesses to advertise their business as well as have your clients sign contracts & proposals & collect deposits. I also like that engaged couples who are in search of Venues, DJs, Photoboothers, Photographers and more. I really love that it's a one stop shop. I am totally going to sign up for next year. This is the best advertising money that I've spent hands down!

micheled44
7/31/17

I have been with Wedding Wire for 1 1/2 years now for advertising Justice of the Peace. I have had lots of couples find me through them. My business is growing very quickly and next year will be a much busier year thanks to Wedding Wire. Also happy customers also refer me to other couples getting married and this is helping my customer base. I have the pleasure to be working with Doug Peters and when I get in touch with him, he gets right back to me. I am very happy with Wedding Wire!

shadyi
7/26/17

The fact that they have a live chat available on their site is good enough for me :D Continue the good work and the great effort. Great service also! :D

davidd357
7/25/17

I'm the Operations Manager for Boise Mobile DJ our of Boise, ID. I started marketing with Wedding wire in February of 2017 and only wish I would have done it sooner. The Customer service rep that I got, Taylor, is fantastic. She is quick to help and even faster to find someone who can if she is not that person. I cannot say enough good things about how the marketing has helped out Boise Mobile DJ, I will be upgrading to the Featured package next year if prices hold.

I can safely say that Wedding Wire is better than The Knot, Gig Builder and Thumbtack put together. I regret spending any money at the other sites as it really hasn't produced returns for me. What I see is brand exposure, but I don't need to be paying for that when I can place my money on Wedding Wire knowing leads will be coming in.

Do the work. Wedding Wire cares about their customer, the vendors paying to market on their site. I have followed the instructions Taylor has given me and I have only seen increased return for my efforts. The best advice is to do exactly what they tell you to do. I REALLY believe Wedding Wire's staff cares about the vendors' success and I recommend them to all vendors seeking to increase their brand footprint with quantifiable returns.

swathim1
7/21/17

Laney is very thorough, knowledgeable and helpful! She is great!
She is available to help and give insight into how to turn the inquiries into bookings.

sandral130
7/21/17

I get great support from weddingwire. I do get leads and it helps me keep track of my business. They are always working to improve their product. Thanks.

amym198
7/20/17

My fiancé and I spend quite a bit of time investigating the services of a wedding planner/officiant husband wife team called Heart of Sedona Weddings. What a waste of time. During the planning process they kept coming up with excuses as to why they did not respond back to our email inquiries in a timely manner. Finally at one point, Reverend Andrew said he would get in touch with us in a couple of months so we could secure a date and contract. Well he never got back in touch so we assumed that since our wedding was small and that we were not interested in his wife's planning services that they were just not interested. I submitted an honest review on Wedding Wire and I received an email from Wedding Wire that the vendor had disputed the review and that it had been deleted. The bottom line is that vendors pay a fee to listed on Wedding Wire so of course they will delete any negative reviews. I would definitely recommend that if you are planning a wedding, check a source such as Yelp for true, honest reviews. I did post my review for Heart of Sedona Wedding on Yelp. Amy from Illinois

patriciaa97
7/20/17

I have had a vendor listing on wedding wire for a number of years, and the quality of the leads I get from this site is superior. The brides seem to be "my kind of clients," serious about finding their invitations rather than just price shopping. The brides are also very willing to meet with me to discuss their needs in detail. This gives me the chance to show them my products and give them a taste of the "uncommonly good" service they can expect from me. Besides the fact that Wedding Wire works, the people that I've dealt with are extremely helpful. I recently experienced a glitch when working on my storefront (turns out I caused the glitch) and they responded very quickly and solved the problem for me. This made me feel like I was not just "another storefront," but a very important person. Thanks a million!!

michaelm618
7/17/17

My wife and I started a farm wedding venue two years ago. There is no doubt in our minds that the single most important part of our marketing is WeddingWire. We purchased a "Featured" placement, and have never lacked strong, qualified leads! We have booked far more that our original hopes, and are now renewing for our third year. Even the leads we generate from our own website and Facebook account are clearly helped by the search-engine optimization that we enjoy through WeddingWire.
It is important to say here - that there is always an important contact within any great company-to-company relationship, and that is Naisby! She is our personal customer-service point-of-contact at WeddingWire, and we can't say enough positive things about her. She has NEVER let us down when we had a question, or concern. She has been highly responsive to our needs as a featured vendor. It was especially fun to meet her face-to-face at the Orlando event this summer! We know that Naisby will enjoy a long and successful career with WeddingWire

antoniar2
7/14/17

I have been a paid vendor (which by the way is not cheap) for over six months now and it has been a total failure!!! They will sell you as a vendor a good bunch of BS but what they do is they send fake referrals. I was told that the get the employees to send referral inquires to vendors just to keep them interested. The referrals that I have received which have been many all wind up as total dudes!!! No responses from referrals. No yay, nay or go to hell!!! This is the worst investment I have made as a seasoned wedding design/consultant/planner. Vendors don't do it!!! Freaking joke!!

miav6
7/13/17

There are SO many sites out there that dream about being 1/10th of what Wedding Wire is. WW is reliable, thorough, valuable (definitely worth what you pay for), personable, and intentional. Yes, it can be a hefty fee if your company is not in a position to actually gain business, but once you're in that position it's much easier and a much more valuable investment. For example, I paid for 6 months of a featured/spotlighted position and it was a waste of money. But it was a waste of money because I didn't have any reviews and had not taken the time to build my online presence with this particular site. Now that I've focused my attention to building through Wedding Wire I have decided to pay for a spotlight again and was hired within the first week. This isn't a snap your fingers and you're in business type of thing... this is an investment, not just financially, but also with your time. But the fact is, you have a whole network of support, you can contact them at any time and have your own personal rep, they will walk you through the analytics, guide you through how to build a more effective profile, etc etc. Some other sites (I'll avoid names) allow anybody to create fake profiles, leave you fake reviews, etc. Wedding Wire has protections in place for professionals, they know the ins and outs of the business, and they're willing to practically hold your hand through the process. They've been a part of helping me build my company and brand, they've been so personal that I feel as though I know them, and they've been, BY FAR< the most intentional, thorough, supportive site my company has done business on. Thanks WW, you gals are truly AMAZING.

maryelleo
7/11/17

We have been working with WeddingWire since November 2014 and we love it! We have attended one of the events in Las Vegas and found it to be fun and we picked up a few tips that have been very helpful to our business. Also when we have had a question in reference to our account I have found our customer manager, Doug Peters to be just fantastic to work with and so easy to reach by either email or phone (just schedule it by email). We can confidently say we feel supported by the weddingwire team and feel that its a great outlet for our clients to leave reviews and new clients to learn about our services.

mikej217
7/10/17

I went with WeddingWire because of it's social media marketing to the bridal clientele. My ad with them keeps me in front of those looking for a professional vendor. The staff at WeddingWire keep in contact with their customers to increase their visibility with prospective clients. Like with anything in life if you want something out of it you have to work at it. It will not land in your lap as far as business. WeddingWire gives you the tools to make it happen. There are a couple things that need to be worked on and that is legitimate clients that come through their portal. I know that they are addressing this and that it is a not an overnight fix. Overall I'm very happy with my advertisement with my fellow professional competitors.

Helpful answer

Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 7/7/15
Helpful answer

You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 4/21/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gracie! Please write in to support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to remove the review for you! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 5/3/17
Helpful answer

Hi Sheyna! Thanks for reaching out to ask. Each household needs at least one guest to be pulled into things such as the RSVP tool, email functionality, etc. If you have any further trouble with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at support@weddingwire.com! - Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 1/31/17
Helpful answer

Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 6/2/16
Helpful answer

Advertising costs vary by region, category, and package. Your local sales representative would be able to provide accurate numbers for your business. We would be happy to put you in contact if you email us directly at support@weddingwire.com.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 9/6/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

37 Photos for WeddingWire