US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

stephaniet20

We have only had good experiences with the WeddingWire customer service department! (in 36 reviews)

abbyp1

With WeddingWire, building a wedding website has been great. (in 20 reviews)

juliak

It has so many reviews of vendors, that I've started going there before going to yelp. (in 89 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elanab2
7/27/16

I'll keep this short and sweet...I never write reviews, or should i say on rare occasion. When something is awesome or horrible. Wedding wire are crooks. They send fake leads so that appears that interested clients are inquiring. But the emails, names, and even inquiries are severely suspect. For example, one of my businesses is a spray tan company and the other a store. Since there are no specific categories for spray tan or bachelorette venues. ( I have a european hosiery store) they placed me in make-up and wedding venue categories. But make no mistake it says only profile plain as day and in the title of my business what I do. I got inquiries asking for make-up and if I could fit long banquet tables in my store. Even thought the profiles/storefront was very detailed. I highly doubt a bride or wedding planner is completely misreading entire listings. But somehow I kept getting these bogus leads. Really there were only three or four in 4 months. That's how lazy and much of a scam wedding wire staff is. I called the company to complain and cancel to which they told me I would have to remain in the deal for 6 months. Even though the rep assured me it was risk free. They do not offer your money they do not call back, they have no customer service line, just a email and bogus voicemail. Seriously!!!!! So now I know what those mysterious $400+ a eek work from your house jobs are. They are people like the wedding wire reps and account executives. Scam artist. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau. It is now my mission to get this site closed! BUYER BEWARE

debbied57
7/26/16

Do not trust Wedding Wire reviews. They remove valid, even proven, negative reviews only to retain positive reviews of identified vendors who may be paying to be visible there. Buyer beware. I provided requested documentation substantiating the review. The review was made available for a a few months. I then got another notice again asking for supporting documentation and the review was removed. I again sent the required documentation.

I provided a good review for the vendor we used after the first vendor didn't keep her word. The site stated that since I provided a review for a separate vendor, I must not have done business with the first vendor for whom I gave the negative review. Beware!!

stephanies147
7/21/16

I have seen an exponential growth in wedding inquiries since joining WeddingWire. Not only am I reaching more couples, but the service that they provide is unlike any other. Their commitment to customer service is out of this world, and it shows! WeddingWire is much more than just a website; it's a must-have in today's wedding industry!

shastar
7/13/16

Over the years I've found that the investment in listing my wedding planning business on wedding vendor sites has not paid off, but what WeddingWire offers is so much more than just a listing. What they offer is an easy, efficient, professional way to run my business at an economical cost. I used to dread typing out the itemized invoices, but now WeddingWire does it for me so easily and quickly. Their system totals everything for me, adds the state tax, and computes the deposit and balance due. I can even send out proposals, which easily convert to invoices.

WeddingWire has an online contract that my clients can sign electronically, which is invaluable since I arrange only destination weddings. And the invoicing system connects to my PayPal account, so my invoices are very professional looking. All my clients have to do is click the link and submit their payments.

Their customer service has been top notch, too! Every rep I've had has been professional, polite, and has responded very quickly. This is a company that really cares about their customers and is constantly improving to make our lives and jobs easier. And they respond to our suggestions for ways to make it even better.

And did I mention the cost? This is the best bang for my buck for an online listing, and costs much less than some of the bigger names out there, while offering so much more. This is now the only paid listing I have online. What I'm very happy to pay for every month is the contract, invoicing, and payment system that is well worth every dollar.

poojap9
7/11/16

Wedding wire the nothing but a scam , I dealt with * who is apparently a sales rep , she sounds sweet and nice but she is a CON , upon signing up I asked her if I was bind to any contracts and if I could cancel anytime I wanted , she assure me that I could cancel at anytime , which gave some piece of mind and I went ahead and signed up , once I was signed up I got 14 leads , the advised me to never email the leads to always call them which I did , I called all 14 leads several times , I left Voicemails , I followed up with text messages but non of the 14 individuals called me back or picked up their phone , which lead me to think that they are giving you false leads because they want to make it seem like their websites work when it doesn't , I got 14 leads and 15 views on my storefront , things just don't add up with this company .. anyhow I emailed * who is my customer success manager telling her that I want to cancel my subscription she now tells me that I cannot cancel my subscription because of the contract , I told her that I was told by * that I could cancel at anytime , she goes on repeating herself saying that I am remember the wrong conversation ( why would I make up things when * is cc'd on the emails ) she told me that she can see that the leads read the messages I sent them , which is funny because I never messaged any of the leads I always called them and or texted them , unless she has access to their phones how can she know that , I do not recommend this company to anyone , the will give you fake leads and take your money , you will make nothing from advertising with them , I REGRET going with this company !!! I normally do not write reviews but this company is appalling !!!! I give them ZERO stars

*Personal information redacted by admin

cotybeautya
7/7/16

I love Maggie and Nate they are amazingly awesome. Becoming a vendor was the best choice I made! Thanks wedding Wire you guys have a great team!!

christopherp63
7/6/16

Because of the internet, everyone that has access literally has the world in their hands. But for a small wedding business, the interment can be a not so kind place. If you have ever tried to understand SEO search engine optimization which breaks down to when a perspective client types in a search where does your business come up in that search result? if at all! The bottom-line, If you are not in the top, no customer is ever going to find you, and gone are the days when you could stick tricky key words on your website and get search results. Today Google and other large search engines have complex algorithms on how search results come up for a client and these algorithms change continually. So even if you are a scientist at MIT or Stanford and have access to grid main frames, (thousands of CPUs) working on a complex mathematical equation like Googles search algorithms, by the time the mainframe computer has figured the equation out, Google and others have changed the equation!

If the SEO issue isnt enough for you to ask yourself, What do I do? there is also the added complexities of how society has changed. As a wedding vendor our demographic is no longer 18 ? years old. Today we find ourselves doing all types of weddings for all ages! Try marketing to Traditionalist, Baby boomers, Gen X and Millennials, yet this is exactly what you need to do if you are a wedding business.

Thanks to the Wedding Wire; all these issues can be resolved easily. Frist because the Wedding Wire is one of the top Web portals that potential couples go to, regardless of what Google changes, Wedding Wire is always at the top because of the pure numbers people that use Wedding Wire vs. our small businesses. If you understand this fact then this should be more then enough reason for you to advertise on Wedding Wire.

I have tired many different wedding web portals, with a lot of trial an error. I believe Wedding Wire is different and better because of their people. It is typical in todays business world to emphasize sales. This is where the revenue is derived from. But solid companies also understand the importance of what we call in the Information Technology world, the backend people. After the sale it is these poor folks that have to deliver on all the promises that the sales person made to you! There is no real revenue generated from these folks expect for good well and customer satisfaction.

I just had my first consultation with Douglas Peters, Customer Success Associate. Having worked in the Computer field for a very long time, I was skeptical, and concerned that Doug was going to waste my time by walking me through my entire Wedding Wire site! I had already done this a few seconds after my site was activated. I was very impressed, having worked on many website designs; how well designed and initiative the Wedding Wire portal is. What I relay wanted from Doug is his Knowledge, experience and opinions in working with all types of vendors on Wedding Wire. Please do not get me wrong, Doug was of the upmost professional, and never came close to divulging any proprietary business secrets. Doug and I spoke for over an hour and I couldnt keep up with all the valuable marking, internet, Gen X, and Millennial tips & tricks Doug shared with me. After ending our conversation within 5 minutes Doug sent me a follow-up email that outlined our discussion, and all the recommendations he had made.

It has now been close to a week since Doug and I spoke and I continue to review Dougs email notes. It occurred to me that there is so much value in advertising on Wedding Wire to gain Web exposure but to me the real value is in the knowledge that my Customer Success Associate, Dough Peters has and his dedication to ensure my business thrives. I look forward to a long relationship with the Wedding Wire and with Doug Peters.

Best Regards;
Chris Paras
C&C Sounds

jessican38
7/2/16

I was very skeptical about signing up for Wedding Wire (I signed up in May 2016 in the DC area). I was promised a no-penalty cancellation after 6 months but was worried about signing up for a year and "hoping for the best".

It's now July 2016 and everything has been great. More than great! The response has been exceptional. I'm average in price ($1,800 wedding day with digitals) and have eight 5-star reviews. So far, I get 3 to 4 inquiries a week and 2 to 3 bookings a month from Wedding Wire. These are all at full price, not budget weddings that want to squeeze every free hour they can out of me.

I could not be happier with the dashboard, client site, functionality of bookings and ease of getting reviews from couples. I upload a questionnaire, contract and invoice info and the client site takes care of the rest. I use these functions daily and am relieved to have the consistency that I wasn't getting by using PDFs and emails and word documents.

I've seen a huge increase in quality of the leads from Wedding Wire and at a much higher price point than I was getting from "deal" websites where clients just wanted everything on the cheap. Suddenly, I was getting emails from couples who loved my work and wanted to know if I was available on their day! It's a lot easier to make a living when you only need 24-30 clients a year and they're in love with what you do. With Craigslist or Thumbtack, it was a lot of clients wanting 5 hour weddings for as cheap as possible and I wasn't sure if they loved my work or my price more.

My Wedding Wire storefront is also helping my overall business appearance for the people that find me through word of mouth and on Google. It's nice to have reviews in one place and it looks a lot nicer than Google Reviews or Facebook page stars. Do I sound like an advertisement for WW..? haha, I'm just incredibly relieved that I made a smart investment by signing up because I was really worried it was going to be a waste of $1,000+.

What I'm saying is, I'm a super happy customer :) I had a lot of reservations and wasted almost a year making the decision to pay for a listing on WW based on my concerns and "what if"s but I am SO glad I made the leap. I've already got 2 weddings a month for the entire of next year and this was DEFINITELY unexpected and immediate growth.

vilma-
6/30/16

She is customer success manager for wedding wires she always been so professional . in all the time I know her .She always responded within minutes all may questions always help me a lot with my wedding wire questions . She represent the hart of wedding wires .
We love wedding wire the best advertiser . Thank You Lizzie so much !!!

kirkf10
6/23/16

What a great portal with excellent customer service. As an island destination vendor I really appreciate the helpful planning tools. My customer service rep always assists me with any issues I have in navigating or understanding the nuances of the site. I've definitely increased my business since signing up!!

jaym158
6/15/16

The website doesn't offer more than theknot. but the forum is interesting. By interesting I mean, yea you can get a lot of interesting opinions but you're not allowed to have one that is different or else the crazy women on there will condem you to hell! Lord, don't post about bridesmaids trouble, cash bars, self catering, dry weddings and if you hide a post you made they'll really turn on you! If you even suggest that the women on there are "mean" they'll jump down your throat and claim it's because you're too sensitive. I think that most of the posters use it daily, multiple times a day and they've formed a little vicious click. I'm all down for freedom of speech but our mothers should have taught us to keep our mouths closed if we can't say anything nice and classy like. Ohhh and all though they have "community guidelines" the people employed by WeddingWire will comment and claim that "we all are entitled to our opinion, no matter how bluntly it is stated". In other words, get over it. I'm over it. Which I'm sure is basically what the lady will comment back to this review. You'd think brides would be sweeter and classier.

millo2
6/1/16

The site had everything in one place and it was great and useful to see reviews from real couples.

amyt62
5/25/16

I got an account and joined hoping to meet other brides and get advice. Instead I was bullied and harassed on anything I posted. Also, on the mian website, trying to find their faq/support was difficult.

Tip for consumers: DON'T!

joannep29
5/24/16

Had a fantastic experience with Emily.

Worked with a real live person LOL! She helped me resolve my problem fast. and effeciently. Problem solved! Thanks Emily.

jenessab
5/24/16

Seriously these so called brides are just completely nasty, i asked a simple enough question on there just today and they jumped down my throat. i got pissed and called them out on it and they tried to turn it around and make me sound like the $#*!y crazy one. I DON'T THINK SO! i hid the forum post since i apparently couldn't delete it and didn't bother to read any more of the comments. the woman on there are nothing more then internet trolls with to much time on their hands. i honestly think they must all be bratty little $#*!es who have probably grown up with a princess complex. Sorry honey bunch but i come from a place and a family that has high morals and talks to people with respect so long as i receive the same respect. i will not be using the forum on this site any longer, the only good thing it has to offer is the wedding count down!

judithj8
5/23/16

I've been officiating at wedding ceremony for over 25 years now. Referrals used to be word of mouth based on my reputation. Now everything is online. WeddingWire is the only site I'm listed on because that's where the couples I want to work with are going looking for an officiant. I have had the good fortune to work with Mike Dillon there who is always patient, knowledgeable and accessible. He checks in from time to time and responds immediately to my calls to educate me about how to use the site and its great business management and communications tools. Thanks Mike!

il1474
5/22/16

Weddingwire.com is generally the most manipulative and the most expensive wedding advertising company at all. Descriptions of their reviews make no sense. For being competitive and friendly they offer only 3 starts on their review form. Ridiculous !!! I believe 3 starts deserve only unfriendly and careless service providers.
My customer were extremely pleased and happy with my work, but, eventually, I have got only 3 stars for being friendly ???? Of course, I am friendly. What should I be ?
Professionalism - is the experience, knowledge and quality, which I always provide.

The weddingwire.com is just a group of website builders. They know how to make a website, but they know nothing about nature of other businesses. Besides their monthly rates are extremely expensive compare to rates of all other advertising companies.

kellyk71
5/16/16

I was unable to get a file to upload on my storefront. I sent a message and attached the item, and they had it working the same day.

tiffanys57
5/16/16

There was just too much negativity and rudeness on the forum. You'd think since there are mainly brides writing and commenting that they'd be supportive and nice but no. Some are but mainly no. The app has great tools though.

carlr28
5/13/16

I really wasn't sure what to expect with advertising with WeddingWire. I've heard so many mixed reviews... some people say it doubled their business while others say they didn't get any leads. Obviously, being a frugal small business, I tried everything to market my business for free -- word of mouth, Craigslist, Instagram, etc. and I even paid for a bridal show to showcase my work and get couples interested but all did was waste time and talk to budget brides and couples who were contacting me for dates I already had booked. A friend who got married and used WeddingWire to plan their wedding and book her vendors suggested the site. After talking to a few people who said not to do it and others who swear by it, I took a leap of faith, inquired with a local rep, and paid for a front page spot. I've gotten a ton of inquiries and have been able to quickly respond to them over e-mail and my cell phone. Definitely a good investment because I'm not just paying for advertising... I'm paying for results.

mardiv
5/12/16

I find the planning tools very helpful but have been less than pleased with the open forum.

There seems to be a lot of negative comments and a few vendors that have run a muck with snarky comments.

There is a lot of "know it alls" that really know nothing. The demographic is for the 30 and under crowd and because of the ages of the members, their life experiences lead to very bad advise.

It's like a mean girl clique in high school.

constanzao1
5/7/16

I sign up with wedding wire after thousand calls and it was the worst mistake i didn't even get one inquire i get more for free membership for companies like Thumbtack or wedding Nook, every day and at least 5 orders fro them, the seller told me the contract was for 6 month now when i got the receipt purchase it said 12 months i called and let her to know i only wanted 6 month of membership she told me dont worry we have to write the receipt for only 12 months but is only 6 you can see in the receipt i was driving and trust her, now i have a 12 month membership and Vanessa Lanik for sure isn't there any more.please stay away from this website they are the worse!

katherineb28
5/6/16

Our experience at wedding wire world was wonderful. We enjoyed the speakers and variety of topics as well as connecting with others in the industry. Everyone was extremely helpful and we left with lots of great ideas. It would be nice to have a breakout session or 2 where we get to connect with others that are the same type -like other wedding venues for us. Also, the lighting was a little difficult in the main area sometimes and I think everyone should be able to sit at a table, not have to sit on the bleachers. Loved the Gaylord facility. Overall, it was a great experience.

nicoleg58
4/29/16

Website advertised as FREE Advertising for companies and businesses. The rep called after I signed up my make-up business and accused me of not wanting clients when I said I didn't want to spend over $5,000 a year in advertising. She argued with me for over a half hour and I finally just said "I'm done" and hung up. Don't use this website for your business.

candacej2
4/27/16

Man, they really get you. I have been doing events for 10 years, got roped in by awesome professional sales people. This is supposed to be on Brides Magazine as well and on the world wide web. WASTE OF MONEY not a single call and just when I realized 1 month later after $150.00 a month not even a single inquiry. Also notice all their featured businesses have very few reviews, say 2-4. It is plain it is this way because all the established businesses have dropped out after NO LEADS OR CALLS to make way for new victims.(aka new contracts) I really believed this would help. Even the positive reviews on this site seem over the top, like they are wedding wire employees. I really thought the fake inquiries accusation was a little crazy, but now I believe they are really doing these things. When they start doing the fake inquiries they have the person inquire about a day that they know you aren't available.(they see your scheduled events, clients don't) The second they took my money, they said an account manager would call me in 2 days, 3 weeks later no call from my "account manager" I make an inquiry via e-mail about the broken promise and vhwahllhaaa, a phone call. The account managers will blame you that your not setting up your account right and thus the reason for poor or no response, I am reading this and I believe it to be true. The account maintenance on this thing is insane and the way it is set up is all over the place. Unless you have someone to sit on their rear end on a computer all day to mess around, don't sign up. I have a business to run. Their sales men are TOP NOTCH you WILL get sucked in. I really felt so good about signing up and I am so wary of everyone. CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS I feel like a fool. BEWARE they charge everyone differently, They will talk to you for like an hour, like a vampire, get a feel for you, how gullible you are or how much revenue you make, then decide. I WENT TO A SMALL WEDDING FAIR AND 6 OUT OF THE 10 VENDORS GOT SUCKED IN TO WEDDDING WIRE ANDTHEY ALL REGRETTED IT!

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/2/16
Answer
laurens101
A: Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further!
-Lauren