Review of WeddingWire

support@weddingwire.com
2017 Customer choice award

jc365
10/19/17

We have partnered with Wedding Wire for a number of years and working with Michelle Molnar has always been an excellent experience. She knows exactly how to make our site look fantastic and continues to come up with new ideas to improve our listing. Michelle is very responsive, proactive, and just a joy to work with. Thanks for being our Wedding Wire rep!

mayag11
10/18/17

I just deactivated my account because I was tired of the pretentious women on the forums. I would go to checkout what advise bride's were asking and there was nothing but snarky, belittling women barking back and ganging up on anybody they disagreed with. It's disgusting to see women like this trying to bring other women down. How bored are you that your main accomplishment is getting 5 stars next to your name and then acting like your **** doesn't stink. What a disgrace. I don't wish to associate myself with such pettiness so good riddance. Stay away from this site!!! If you say anything they don't agree with they'll tear you apart because they're so miserable with their own lives.

jenniferf120
10/7/17

Absolutely love this website/app. I had no idea how to start planning for my wedding and WeddingWire makes it easy and fun. It takes away the overwhelming feeling and allows for the bride to feel like they are on top of their wedding planning game! My mom has been impressed with how organized and informed I am since the start of planning.

kateh61
10/6/17

Wow, I honestly can't say enough about Wedding Wire.

To be short, of the two promotion sites I used this year, 90% of my bookings were through Wedding Wire.

From the very begenning of my inquiry about using Wedding Wire as a way to advertise my Wedding Photography business I was impressed with the personal attention and care from the staff. I had a Wedding Wire rep contact me directly and have a live conversation about my business and goals for the year, and then was given an appointment to speak with a specialist who took me through all the tools of the site and walked me through how I could utalize them based on my specific needs as a wedding vendor.

The site itself is just set up so well too! It was so easy to navigate and generate leads, it has a function for you to set reminders of each step in the booking process with your clients, and it integrates seamlessly with your e-mail, making responding to a client fast and simple.
It even has a way to have your contract and other shared documents at hand through the site so you can share attachments within the conversation you have with your clients via Wedding Wire.

Another thing I love about Weddibg Wire was the review generator. In this day and age, having several high quality reviews of your business is a must for booking online, and Wedding Wire has this amazing tool that makes it easy to track when your clients view their invitation to leave you a review, as well as an option to automatically remind them to leave you a review if they forget and too much time goes by.

In addition to this, the site has numerous training tools and articles to help you grow your business.

Advertising through Wedding Wire was by far the most siccessful action I took to grow my business from hobby to professional and I will absolutely be continuing to use Weddibg Wire as my primary promotion tool in the future!

-Kate Holt of Kate Holt Photography

lindaa134
9/29/17

Treatie Beatie Cakes, Evelyn is so creative, a true master of Cakes. She will design exactly what you are looking for. I have seen many of her Cakes and they taste and look so wonderful . You will be very happy!

christianm90
9/26/17

The phrase above and beyond can't even begin to characterize her dedication to customer service. When I was comforted with several difficult choices on how to manage my business on Wedding Wire Danielle stepped to the plate with help hint and insightful wisdoms. I am truly blessed to have be connected with such a knowledgeable and personable rep. Wedding Wire should be honored to have such a dedicated employee. She has become the reason for my success with this company. A true model for other employees to follow.

brittanys84
9/26/17

Like many other reviewers, I was really excited about WW at first. All of my checklists, guest list, vendors, registry, and even forums for advice from other brides to be in one place? And on my phone? Helpful! If I'm being honest, all of these things are helpful with the exception of the forums. The forums are so unhelpful and disgusting that it almost kills the entire usefulness of what WW offers.
The WW forums reminded me why all of my closest friends are men. The women are horrible. WW has a star system and five stars gets you a t-shirt but in order to get five stars you must be in the top 2% of posters (or something like that) and women use this as an excuse to comment on every singly post whether they have anything constructive to say at all. There are numerous women I can expect to be completely rude for no reason. They constantly belittle, shame, and gang-up on other users who are simply seeking advice. They're sharks who smell blood in the water. Which, to be honest, I feel happens with women (which I should have remembered since that's, again, why all my best friends are men). The forums would be more helpful if, in a discussion you start, you can turn off comments from specific users. Once they begin they, and their friends, do not stop. They up-vote each other's rude comments and fuel one another. Then laugh. They do not read your comments or your entire post they just begin with their Mean Girls-esque attacks. You can tell how many women depend on this internet bashing clique as their wedding dates are a year prior and they're still lurking in forums for Brides-to-be when they're hardly even newlyweds anymore. It's not hard to tell who these women are since they do post on every forum and have that five-star "coveted" status so it shouldn't be that hard to revoke their posting privileges. From what I read on the community guidelines, every single one is broken and not enforced when it comes to these women. Nothing is ever done about it and its a huge put-off for WW as a whole. I would not recommend WW to any new bride as it has taken all of the fun out of wedding planning as well as sharing this experience with other brides.
Great concept but poorly regulated forums. Granted, they're supposed to be adults and respond more like high school cheerleaders locked onto an underclass target. I don't expect WW to babysit these women but per their guidelines, some women should have their posting privileges revoked or don't put guidelines up at all and let me call them out when they're being a-holes.

patricias225
9/18/17

The customer is amazing and helpful and very friendly I would suggest this app to all my friends.they were very fast in helping me with issues on the sight

elizabethc215
9/9/17

Our daughter just got married at Cielo's Garden near Grunthal, MB. It was an amazing day and in big part due to the beautiful venue. We had access to a chapel built of stone with open sides and windows, a beautiful open air reception area with a glass roof, a gazebo with fireplace, quaint washrooms and a grassy lawn area. The owners are very personable and most accommodating. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

sallys96
9/6/17

Harrington Farm is a great place for a wedding with a lovely outdoor garden and seating for the wedding ceremony. The large expanse of grass is gorgeous and makes the site very private. The tent for $#*!tails is large and elegant. The reception space in the wonderful "barn" is spacious and yet cozy with an outdoor area with couches and fireplace. The staff was terrific and the food was delicious.

jamesl334
9/3/17

I've emailed WeddingWire multiple times for vendor support with no response. The vendor subscription with this service is very expensive yet once they have your money, you will not recieve support upon request. Very unprofessional.

lisae100
9/1/17

As everyone knows being a bride can be stressful time , however I must tell you that I could not of been happier with the entire team at the 3 West Club.

I remember the day my fiance and I went to view the club and meet Ryan Furio for the first time. The warmth and help from Ryan had us book immediately and i can tell you that Ryan and his team were amazing all the way through from beginning to end of the ceremony.

I would highly recommend The 3 West club for any venue :)

Happily Married
Lisa

bonnies101
9/1/17

I have been a vendor customer for 3 years and absolutely love this company. They have the best customer service of all the wedding directories I have worked with. The back office is super easy to use and has way more functions available than I will ever use; although it's high time I started using some of the valuable features they offer (i.e. contract storage). I have housed all of my reviews on Weddingwire's site and have been fortunate to attract a lot of business because of my ratings. It's also great that we can promote our colleagues by providing endorsements for each other. I highly recommend shopping on this site as a consumer looking for wedding vendors and advertising as a vendor.

kelseyd13
8/30/17

I contacted support with some problems on my account. Heather was so quick to get everything fixed and get an account back on track for me!

johnc807
8/28/17

So I have been a customer and now I am a vendor. I love Wedding Wire so far. I have yet to find something they fall short on. I think they do a great job of customer service too. there isn't a phone number, but their email response is quick....and American i think. Once you sign up, you will have to go through a sales pitch so be aware of that. Outside of that, they do a greaj ob and I am looking forward to what the membership brings.

amyt99
8/23/17
• Updated review

A few days ago I wrote a negative review of Wedding Wire because they continued to allow a known scammer to operate through their site. They have now removed this person's access to his Wedding Wire site, thus preventing him from connecting to more brides. However, people can still find the negative reviews written about his company, which is a perfect solution for this situation. Thank you Wedding Wire for following through!

“Wedding Wire allows scammers to advertise”
• Previous review

I could not find anywhere on the Wedding Wire site to express our concern so I am writing this review here:

Our daughter went to Wedding Wire to find a videographer for her wedding. She found Trae Smith of 728 Film and Photo who had glowing reviews and was the right price. She booked him, thinking that she had, through Wedding Wire, found a reputable person. But now there are red flags about his services and whether he is really going to produce what was promised in his contract. (Some contract items have already been unfulfilled - no drone as promised and no video in 14 days). We have since found out that Trae Smith was previously the owner of Viral Media out of Florida. If you go to Wedding Wire and look up Viral Media, you will see the scathing reviews that my daughter wishes she had seen. In fact, many of these reviews link him to 728 Film and Photo and also provide a link to a news story done in Fort Meyers about his scamming. In other words, this man is a known scammer but Wedding Wire continues to allow him to operate through their site, when we feel it is obvious that Wedding Wire should know of his history. Then, when we wrote a negative review on both business sites, they pulled the one for his 728 business and asked for documentation of our contract. We have no problem with this and understand why this step is necessary. What we do question is whether or not the same process is in place for positive reviews. We doubt that any positive review on his site is real. All part of the scam. So anyone who uses Wedding Wire to find a vendor needs to know that they have not vetted their list for scammers. While there are many good things about their site, to me, their number one function is for finding reputable vendors. They failed miserably for us. If Wedding Wire wants to respond to this, I would be happy to discuss this personally and possibly amend or withdraw this complaint.

copperr1
8/23/17

We just signed up for a listing on Wedding Wire and everyone I've worked with so far have been very nice & helpful in setting up our storefront/account. Looking forward to this new marketing tool to help our business grow!

theressar
8/23/17

When I changed my business name, I just assumed it was going to be hard to make the changes on Wedding Wire, however, when I sent the new information to Heather, she immediately merged the two accounts to allow me to edit it so all of the new information shows on the new account.

Thanks Heather!!

anng89
8/23/17

I love wedding wire! It has given us about 75% of our leads since we signed up with them! Mike is very helpful and always has great ideas to help our business! Thank you for all that you do to help my business grow!

melissat75
8/19/17

I originally LOVED WW. The tools such as the Checklist, Vendor Manager, and the Budget tracker was very useful. I didn't even know they had forums and I was excited to share ideas, give advice, etc. I gave genuine advice and kept it fun and lighthearted, only to be bashed pretty hard after trying to find more budget friendly ways for someone who was asking ways to save money. I was pretty crushed but noticed this is very much of a trend for the forums.

Not a month into WW and I had several accounts hacked into and my CC number taken off of my Amazon. I changed everything (passwords and such) but I would never believe that WW would be compromised. Someone make another account under one of my emails and started going haywire. I was emailed that I violated terms because of having two accounts. I was angry as I felt like a big finger was pointed at me by WW when I didn't know this was going on. I deactivated my account, only to get back on two months later as the planner tools are too good to pass up, and I am familiar with WW compared to the other websites I tried after. But WW didn't let me use my email that I originally had, and the email that was compromised. So I had to make a whole new email just to use the website.

ronaldf31
8/16/17

As a new wedding venue I wasnt quite sure what I was doing or hot to get involved. SO far I am impressed with the staff and the ability to answer all my questions. Picking up the phone and calling someone is technique long forgotten in the internet era. Thanks for all your help.

paml49
8/14/17

I had a hiccup when loading videos to our WW site. A quick Live Chat with Kelly sorted out the problem (OK, SHE fixed it from her end :) ), and the exchange will help me in the future. Thanks Kelly!

jessicao46
8/14/17

I wrote several reviews on this site. Our barn wedding venue vendor had a mediocre review primarily due to the behavior of our hosts. The review was up for 2.5 years when new ownership challenged my review. I received the email that my review was suspended, but nothing else. Apparently it comes from a separate email that must have gone into my junk folder. I repeatedly checked my online account- there were no way there to get notifications. By the time I checked in, I was not allowed to provide my contract. So while my review was valid, I was outside their process to validate. How many brides check their email years later? Why wouldn't the initial email include instructions? This is a horrible process by wedding wire. So anytime a vendor doesn't like a review- dispute it- if your bride doesn't notice the email from their 'disputes' team email address- you win and no one will know.

annalisar
8/13/17

I loved the free bracelet that I got from wedding wire that motivated me to stay relaxed for my wedding. I also loved all the organization tips that helped me to stay on top of my wedding tasks

mollyb34
8/13/17

Echoing the others that say stay away from the Forums! Rude women who defend it by saying "I'm blunt, not rude" (ps. being blunt IS rude). If the women in the forums think you have a bad idea, the will rip you apart. I was so sick of it, today I literally copied and pasted the rules about being positive and respectful and got attacked for doing so! One response was "do you really think you're the first to post something like this." Holy moly, if I'm not the first, why does it keep happening? I just posed asking for people to be nice to others and was attacked and told that asking people to be nice violates the rules! What kind of "respectful, positive" forum are you running if asking people to be nice violates the guidelines, but yelling at people that you don't have to be nice and to grow some balls (someone actually said that, too) doesn't. Flagging doesn't help either because they only look into it a comment once THREE people flag a comment and these woman are so into congratulating each other for their rude, aggressive, demeaning comments that THOSE get the thumbs up and "good post" image, instead of getting flagged and looked into. A bunch of bully women supporting bully behavior and branding it as "blunt opinions."

Helpful answer

Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 7/7/15
Helpful answer

You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 4/21/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gracie! Please write in to support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to remove the review for you! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 5/3/17
Helpful answer

Hi Sheyna! Thanks for reaching out to ask. Each household needs at least one guest to be pulled into things such as the RSVP tool, email functionality, etc. If you have any further trouble with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at support@weddingwire.com! - Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 1/31/17
Helpful answer

Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 6/2/16
Helpful answer

Advertising costs vary by region, category, and package. Your local sales representative would be able to provide accurate numbers for your business. We would be happy to put you in contact if you email us directly at support@weddingwire.com.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep] on 9/6/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

37 Photos for WeddingWire