US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

phoenixr2
11/18/16

We were married on 10/29/2016 at the Chapel at Honeymoon Hills and the view was beautiful. The staff was very kind and made sure we had everything we needed. The package price was nice. What I didn't care for was the best pictures (that were taken outside) were the better photos and the most expensive.

brittanyh31
11/17/16

This website takes down all negative reviews. This is ridiculous and what is the point of Having reviews if you are filtering them. Worst wedding website

jasons225
10/29/16

Hands down...The customer service at Wedding Wire is among the best in the whole wide world. My rep Cathy is simply amazing...she is super helpful and easy to talk to. She seems more in interested in my success than even me. Wow! this Wedding Wire thing is money well spent and I have absolutely no regrets. I plan to be on here for a very very very long time. Thanks Wedding Wire and thanks a million Cathy for being beyond amazing. :))

john-charlesk
10/15/16

Paul Tenaglia, who was Senior Minister and Founder here in NYC at the Unity of New York, officiated at our wedding here at home in our living room! He had said he would not marry ANYONE until the Law for Same Sex Marriages passed - and he didn't - we were the first. His talk was inspirational, heartfelt, and beautifully delivered. We had only 3 other people here - an old friend of my partners, and the 2 folks who had introduced us "gave us away". We then walked 2 blocks to a restaurant which was open just for us (Machiavelli) and we "received" 80 people who had come from all our "past lives" and many cities. A truly great gathering. We thank & love Paul who is now in Seattle. John-Charles Kelly

kevina67
10/13/16

As a wedding videography, getting exposure was one of my number one concerns. WeddingWire exposed me to a level that I didn't even think was possible.

jodianr
9/30/16

You make it such an easy process being part of the Wedding Wire Network!!!! This year flew by so quickly and here at Candid Expressions Photography, we can't wait to take on the another year with you and the Wedding Wire Team! It's been an amazing year!!!!!! Cathy is the BEST!!!!!

roxannew8
9/22/16

Our Daughters Ceremony and Reception was held at this beautiful location September 10,2016. Our event cordanators Brianna Booth was personal, knowledgeable, and hands on during our year and a half planning process. The entire staff from reservation, uplighting, banquet food service was excellent. The entire crew deserve a raise for the quality of customers satisfaction it was an outstanding experience. Roxanne Williams

davidd264
9/22/16

Sean is fantastic! We are new in the Wedding Wire network and he helped us much to create step by step our profile, improve and we continuing working with him. We are very satisfied with his professionalism and very kind assistance to customers. Excellent customer service approach. Great job Sean and thanks very much. We appreciate professionalism and high level customer service provided by Sean O'Leary. HIghly recommend

christopherj53
9/20/16

I have recently explored using Wedding Wire as a platform to advertise my newly found wedding videography business. My point of contact, Mike, has been nothing short of amazing in providing assistance in many different avenues. Giving different perspectives on crucial parts of promoting my business along with tips to help close leads. His advice is very insightful and it feels like I am having a conversation with a friend rather than a marketer who might just treat my business as just another statistic. Glad that I choose this platform and will continue to do so.

rickb78
9/13/16

I was a business that used wedding wire for several years. (Couples choice award for two years) The website was under constant revisions in 2015 and 16 and had many bugs that made vendors re-enter all the information that they spent time creating. On top of an unstable website they just kept raising my costs. They have a high turnover rate with sale reps because I never really got to know any of the people over my account. I had the feeling they didn't care if I did business with them or not. My account essentially just died, with no follow up or response to my emails when it was time to renew. Very sad as I really liked wedding wire in 2013 and 2014 but this last two years have been a bad experience. Not sure if I would do business again with them.

antoniol34
9/7/16

When I first heard of Wedding Wire I was excited thinking this platform would help take my business to new heights. I had a personal representative that called me often excited and convincing me how great this opportunity will be. Saying that Wedding Wire is one of the top websites married couples visit when they are looking for Wedding vendors. The sales representative convinced me to make the purchase telling me if I wait the prices will be increasing and this is a deal getting in at this price and when you pay your profile is seen in the first few pages. I completed my profile putting all the information on my website from pictures and videos. I know many things take a while so many months went by and my website was getting under 20 views a months and no inquires. I was told before I became a member I can cancel. I wanted to cancel my membership I had to wait a year. When I would talk to my representative she would say generic things add more pictures and videos and change your profile verbage. I did that many time still no leads. I felt helpless and scammed out of my money I could not cancel my subscription and I got only five inquires. I made no money while being on this site, If you are thinking this is a great way to get exposure for your business DONT DO IT!!! When I couldn't cancel my subscription I thought if they don't let you get out of your subscription this is not a good website were I would want to spend my money because they don't stand behind their product and they know many vendors will leave within the first few months. You can generate more business on your own then what Wedding Wire will do for you. My lead representative changed a few times during my tenure with Wedding Wire. I guess if they do not make enough sales getting vendors to become members they get rid of them.

tiac14
9/5/16

As it turns out, WeddingWire will list anybody as a wedding vendor, regardless of how shady they are. All you need is a simple website, no body of work to show for and they will list you, no questions asked. Want to use stolen images in your portfolio? WeddingWire doesn't have a problem with it.

What's worse for couples, WeddingWire doesn't tell its couples that it doesn't show all vendors in their search. They only show those vendors who pay for listings. How does that help me as a couple planning a wedding one might ask? It doesn't. But it sure helps WeddingWire with their bottom line. So when looking for, let's say a wedding planner in Houston, WW will only show those listings who are "paid listings". There might be a bunch of kickass planners out there but we won't know because WW won't show them.

Lastly, when perusing vendor listings, I happened to notice a bunch that are written by fellow vendors as a favor. That's what the "endorse this vendor" function is for - but don't pretend to be a couple of give a star rating. Try to report this to WW? Good luck. Wish they had a "report this review" function like TripAdvisor does but then again, that would cost WW content and who wants that? Overall, wedding planning sites are nothing but one big scam, among them WeddingWire. They pretend to be there for the couple or the vendor when it is abundantly clear that they're only there for themselves.

erict64
8/25/16

Being a part of the Wedding Wire family has been one of the best decisions I've made for my business. As a wedding officiant, there are so many to choose from, but Wedding Wire has been so good at helping me market myself in this industry. My customer service rep, Taylor, has been so kind and helpful to me throughout the process. She constantly checks up on me, something I don't have the luxury from other platforms. Thank you Wedding Wire for contributing to my success!

rachell157
8/15/16

I'm relatively new to the wedding industry and was hesitant about where to spend my advertising dollars. I went with WeddingWire because honestly, I just trusted the sales team that contacted me and showed me how successful their site was for professionals like me. I had also heard rave reviews about them from other local vendors in the area, so I jumped in.

I can tell you that not only are their customer service members extremely helpful and responsive, but their site is on the cutting edge of the industry. They are always looking for new ways to connect their vendors to couples and I've found them to be really proactive with education and networking.

But the bottom line is that I've booked about 90% of my business through them. That's the key for any type of advertising you do. People use WeddingWire and stick with them because it works!

Tip for consumers: If you are serious about growing your business, you can be successful on WeddingWire. But you have to be proactive about creating a beautiful storefront, collecting reviews, and getting your response time down.

wandat13
8/12/16

Taylor Wymer, Customer Success Associate at WeddingWire is an exceptionally highly skilled professional individual. The job title "Customer Success" sums up the service Taylor provides for vendors. Taylor has outstanding listening skills which minimizes the time it takes to resolve the issue. She is knowledgeable about WeddingWire products & services. I appreciate Taylor's competent, confident, warm & engaging manner whenever I need help. Thank you, Taylor, for being a highly skilled professional who is dedicated to providing exceptional customer care services.

lindsayh38
8/10/16

In getting our wedding website started, I had several questions and kinks to work out. The staff was really quick to reply by email with helpful info or by taking care of something on their end. Thank you!

kateu3
8/9/16

I had a similar experience to other reviewer's. When I signed up I asked if I could cancel at any time, they said yes, no contracts. After zero bookings, I decided about 12 months (a full year) into it that I wanted to cancel. They automatically debited my card, although I asked many times to cancel both verbally and I tried to write them. They wouldn't allow me to, so I had to stop payments to them through the bank. The brides on WW are looking for very cheap wedding photographers-so if you charge over 2000 for a wedding I would not recommend it. Not worth the money you pay in advertising. I had maybe three inquires total in 6 months, and as someone else mentioned, I think they send you fake views... Stay away.

bethl27
8/4/16

I have to start by saying the staff at Wedding Wire is always so friendly and helpful. I have been officiating at weddings for 2 years now and not only researched many advertising options, but am constantly being approached by other companies asking me to spend my advertising dollars with them. Wedding Wire is the only site I have found that not only consistently brings me couples that book, but also provides me with access to my own personalized digital contracts, making it SUPER easy to quickly book serious couples. They provide your couples with their own "client site" so they can keep all their important information from you in one place, and it make you look great in the process. I'm hiring them for my third year and they even offer discounts for collecting reviews. Highly recommended.

vr44
8/2/16

Thank GOODNESS I have not posted a question about my wedding because I can only imagine how I'd be attacked. I've read so many posts where the same people comment on someone's post attacking them or making fun like we're in the movie mean girls. I get weddings are stressful but there are zero manners. Limiting things on the app may help.

To the media rep Lauren who comments on all of these reviews on this site: saying "this is an open online forum where honest opinions are encouraged and disagreements can occur." Freedom of speech is freedom to say how you feel without being prosecuted, not freedom to make women feel bad about themselves or their thoughts on a stupid app.

Maybe if someone gets married they should be able to post whatever they want for up to 2 weeks afterwards and then their number of posts are limited. I was attacked by someone married last year, why was he even still posting. OR there should be a limit on how many times someone can post on the same thread. 2 is plenty.

Making a set of e-social rules will do. Someone shouldn't have to wait until someone calls them a perjorative term.

I'm so happy I deleted the app. Good riddance until it changes.

elanab2
7/27/16

I'll keep this short and sweet...I never write reviews, or should i say on rare occasion. When something is awesome or horrible. Wedding wire are crooks. They send fake leads so that appears that interested clients are inquiring. But the emails, names, and even inquiries are severely suspect. For example, one of my businesses is a spray tan company and the other a store. Since there are no specific categories for spray tan or bachelorette venues. ( I have a european hosiery store) they placed me in make-up and wedding venue categories. But make no mistake it says only profile plain as day and in the title of my business what I do. I got inquiries asking for make-up and if I could fit long banquet tables in my store. Even thought the profiles/storefront was very detailed. I highly doubt a bride or wedding planner is completely misreading entire listings. But somehow I kept getting these bogus leads. Really there were only three or four in 4 months. That's how lazy and much of a scam wedding wire staff is. I called the company to complain and cancel to which they told me I would have to remain in the deal for 6 months. Even though the rep assured me it was risk free. They do not offer your money they do not call back, they have no customer service line, just a email and bogus voicemail. Seriously!!!!! So now I know what those mysterious $400+ a eek work from your house jobs are. They are people like the wedding wire reps and account executives. Scam artist. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau. It is now my mission to get this site closed! BUYER BEWARE

debbied57
7/26/16

Do not trust Wedding Wire reviews. They remove valid, even proven, negative reviews only to retain positive reviews of identified vendors who may be paying to be visible there. Buyer beware. I provided requested documentation substantiating the review. The review was made available for a a few months. I then got another notice again asking for supporting documentation and the review was removed. I again sent the required documentation.

I provided a good review for the vendor we used after the first vendor didn't keep her word. The site stated that since I provided a review for a separate vendor, I must not have done business with the first vendor for whom I gave the negative review. Beware!!

stephanies147
7/21/16

I have seen an exponential growth in wedding inquiries since joining WeddingWire. Not only am I reaching more couples, but the service that they provide is unlike any other. Their commitment to customer service is out of this world, and it shows! WeddingWire is much more than just a website; it's a must-have in today's wedding industry!

shastar
7/13/16

Over the years I've found that the investment in listing my wedding planning business on wedding vendor sites has not paid off, but what WeddingWire offers is so much more than just a listing. What they offer is an easy, efficient, professional way to run my business at an economical cost. I used to dread typing out the itemized invoices, but now WeddingWire does it for me so easily and quickly. Their system totals everything for me, adds the state tax, and computes the deposit and balance due. I can even send out proposals, which easily convert to invoices.

WeddingWire has an online contract that my clients can sign electronically, which is invaluable since I arrange only destination weddings. And the invoicing system connects to my PayPal account, so my invoices are very professional looking. All my clients have to do is click the link and submit their payments.

Their customer service has been top notch, too! Every rep I've had has been professional, polite, and has responded very quickly. This is a company that really cares about their customers and is constantly improving to make our lives and jobs easier. And they respond to our suggestions for ways to make it even better.

And did I mention the cost? This is the best bang for my buck for an online listing, and costs much less than some of the bigger names out there, while offering so much more. This is now the only paid listing I have online. What I'm very happy to pay for every month is the contract, invoicing, and payment system that is well worth every dollar.

poojap9
7/11/16

Wedding wire the nothing but a scam , I dealt with * who is apparently a sales rep , she sounds sweet and nice but she is a CON , upon signing up I asked her if I was bind to any contracts and if I could cancel anytime I wanted , she assure me that I could cancel at anytime , which gave some piece of mind and I went ahead and signed up , once I was signed up I got 14 leads , the advised me to never email the leads to always call them which I did , I called all 14 leads several times , I left Voicemails , I followed up with text messages but non of the 14 individuals called me back or picked up their phone , which lead me to think that they are giving you false leads because they want to make it seem like their websites work when it doesn't , I got 14 leads and 15 views on my storefront , things just don't add up with this company .. anyhow I emailed * who is my customer success manager telling her that I want to cancel my subscription she now tells me that I cannot cancel my subscription because of the contract , I told her that I was told by * that I could cancel at anytime , she goes on repeating herself saying that I am remember the wrong conversation ( why would I make up things when * is cc'd on the emails ) she told me that she can see that the leads read the messages I sent them , which is funny because I never messaged any of the leads I always called them and or texted them , unless she has access to their phones how can she know that , I do not recommend this company to anyone , the will give you fake leads and take your money , you will make nothing from advertising with them , I REGRET going with this company !!! I normally do not write reviews but this company is appalling !!!! I give them ZERO stars

*Personal information redacted by admin

cotybeautya
7/7/16

I love Maggie and Nate they are amazingly awesome. Becoming a vendor was the best choice I made! Thanks wedding Wire you guys have a great team!!

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 9/18/16
Add your answer
on 6/2/16
Answer
laurens101
A: Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further!
-Lauren