Review of WeddingWire

Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
support@weddingwire.com

lindap206
6/22/17

Any time I've had a question or concern, it has been addressed quickly and attentively. I'd like more referrals, of course, but I appreciate the service very much.

oliviab40
6/22/17

This is my first year as a Premium Account member, since November 2016. I am a rustic barn venue and faced new challenges as venue with an exclusive catering partnership. It was not until I started receiving feedback from my Customer Success Manager, Martha, and others on the sales team that I realized how I could be capitalizing more on my target audiences and more easily work my way through unqualified leads. I love receiving blog posts on recent consumer data, and being a part of the monthly webinars. All of the new information I have learned about weddings has been through WeddingWire! And that has helped me tremendously with selling the space to future wedding couples, and just staying informed on a fast moving industry. As a department of 1, I feel that most of my support comes from my support team at WeddingWire. I highly recommend!

jayb151
6/22/17

I've been a Wedding Wire client for years and have always had a wonderful experience. Danielle is my point person and she is great! She gets back to me promptly and professionally every time. I've gotten a lot of leads and jobs from advertising on Wedding Wire. Thank you Danielle!!!

pamelan25
6/21/17

I have been with Wedding Wire for 4 years. Within 23 hours of signing up, I got my first lead for a DJ that booked into a wedding! I had not even had a chance to setup my site. Having tried other wedding advertising forums, I was discouraged. Wedding Wire helps give our small business a big business voice in the Marketplace. Even if the clients do not make an inquiry on their site, the clients are encouraged to seek my website. When interviewing potential clients, I always ask "How did you hear about us?" Primarily the answer is, "I saw you first on Wedding Wire."

maryb457
6/21/17

I have been advertising with Wedding Wire for several years and LOVE the results. I receive more inquiries and have booked more weddings because of them! My business has grown with leaps and bounds... internet advertising is where it is at folks! The WW service team is wonderful and quick to answer any questions or concerns that I may have about my advertising or online page/dashboard. I wish I had time to utilize all of the benefits my page has to offer!!! I am VERY pleased with WW and know you will be too!

sherryf30
6/21/17

As a Venue advertising on WW we could not be more pleased with the ROI and service. Large percentage of couples from WW actually book. Very professional staff, always accessible and reponsive for any issues.

shaundrab
6/21/17

Naisby and Adrianna are my specialists in Houston TX. They are always so helpful and timely when I email a question, they get back to me by the end of the day. They have been helpful to offer advice on how I can get more bookings. Really excited for the second year with them!! I feel big things about to happen.

lornam5
6/21/17

We have advertised as a wedding venue with Wedding Wire for several years now and have been nothing but pleased our experience. Our investment has been returned many times over in the form of booked customers, and the customer service from Wedding Wire has always been top notch!

tarad24
6/21/17

As a Catering Sales Manager Wedding Wire has been a great source for wedding leads. Also, love working with Naisby from Wedding Wire. She is always keeping me informed and pleasant to work with! Thank you! From: Bilmar Beach Resort

alissai
6/17/17

Kelly, Judy, and Jessica the banquet hosts all went out of their way to accomodate us and our family to make our wedding day an astronomical event. The staff went above and beyond our expectations to help make and add to the most memorable day in our lives, one that our guests are still commenting/talking about. The food was unbelievably delicious and the service of the staff was extremely attentive to all our needs.

anonymousa113
6/14/17

I recently started an account, got 2 'leads' that were actually trying to contact a different business. I was charged extra to include Event Wire, which I was told was apart of the package, and the rep even said she couldn't see it as a separate charge on her end. Because of the 'misunderstanding' AND all the negative reviews I've seen, I asked if they would just cancel my account. They then offered to cancel my Event Wire account for the mishap and expected that I maintain my WeddingWire account. I said yes, please cancel Event Wire, but I still need to figure out how to cancel WeddingWire. Then they decided they didn't want to cancel my Event Wire account and that I would need to speak with a manager... What...on...earth. Clearly, I'm canceling my card, and contacting my bank and lawyer but that's just horrible of them.

If you hope to generate actual leads and income, for the love of God, do not sign up with Weddingwire.

Also - shoutout to Lauren who responds to the negative reviews. It looks like you say the exact same thing to people continuously sharing REAL concerns. The bullying and defamation sounds very serious and people keep reporting that nothing is being done. Shame on you and Weddingwire for not taking care of the people who have paid for your service and asked for your help. That is no way to do business.

brandiw13
6/13/17

I had issues setting up an account on weddingwire and sent an email to support. Page emailed me within a few minutes and after a few quick emails back and forth, she determined an old listing that we had set up that was the culprit. Now we're listed and ready for business..thanks for the help Page!

deenan
6/11/17

I recently gave a review for a vendor we got from wedding Wire and The Knot. The vendor had my review removed because the contract was not with me but my daughter who also reviewed the vendor. I paid the
Vendor and I am the one who told my daughter to use her. There information on the website is not
Factual. They remove any negative comments. Don't
Rely on them.

charlieb82
6/10/17

Wedding Wire is a service for any company in the Wedding Business must have.
It is where couples go to find information about a company services and what their clients say about them.

reuelm
6/10/17

Wedding wire is all fine and easy to sign up to as a vendor but once you sign up they NEVER let you go as a vendor until they try to strong arm or force you to stay for the full year subscription. I even had them fraudulently add one of my visa cards to my subscription and that was after I had gone to my bank and cancelled the previous card that was with them. These guys are straight up crooks and should be shut down!!!

Oh and my business as a pianist is going just fine and I never needed to sign up with them in the first place. Never got one lead from wedding wire and all I got was tactics to keep my contract locked. They are the very worst service I have dealt with in this business and I will happily stay with gig masters or gig salad instead.

zachc12
6/5/17

Im a mid-ranged videographer in a competitive city. I started using WW a few months ago and have gotten several requests and 1 booking so far. I wouldn't suggest WW as the end all be all of marketing, but its a great supplement and the review service has helped me build trust with potential clients. I dont believe WW is good for all professions and all locations, but in my case it has been a good investment.

kristym31
6/1/17

So happy that we chose WeddingWire to plan our wedding! My fiancé & I are getting married this year and we have used WeddingWire for nearly every facet of our planning.
Choose vendors - search, see reviews, get quotes, even correspond via WeddingWire. Utilize the Checklist - stay on track with this thorough checklist organized by month. Build and share your own wedding website (my favourite part) - customize a wedding website from several attractive templates & personalize with your wedding details (accommodation info., share photos, directions, etc.).
NOTE - their chat and support options are efficient & Fast (appreciated by This bride!)
Happy Planning & Happier Wedding Day, Everyone!
Kristy&Eric 11/11/17 Wedding

cherylm151
5/28/17

Highly, highly recommend! I had the pleasure of working with Diane when we used her calligraphy services for my nieces wedding documents. I can't begin to tell you how amazingly talented Diane is. Every detail was perfect, and her calligraphy has set a new bar for weddings. She made the entire invitation designing and ordering process easy and affordable. We could not have been happier with the finished products (invitations, response cards, reservation cards, envelopes and programs). She performed the services from start to finish: designing, addressing and mailing the material to the guest. She was responsive and timely and didn't even blink when I came to her with a few last minute changes and additions. Diane is a true professional, and I would use her again in a heartbeat. Diane is a one stop shop.

isaacp15
5/28/17

Only caters to the lower end brides, don't try to sell a top level package it's only attracting budget brides. The company themselves wouldn't let us out of our agreement when we tried to get out even though their exit clause was clear. Should have gone to the knot

amandal124
5/25/17
• Updated review

Lauren - these same bullies are attacking a user on another post and assuming I am posing as her. I'm not. They are saying really mean things to this User but basically about me because they think it's me. They're using my name and personal attacks about me. Why is WW still allowing this attacking to happen?! It's been enough time since your last post so why has this investigation not been performed and these women banned? This is out of hand. This needs to be taken to a higher level. i can't believe nothing is being done. Is there a phone number i can contact HQ?

“WW is not good”
• Previous review

My initial post was accidentally replaced by my update, but my original post said I do not recommend WW. Especially the Forum section. There are a group of women that refer to themselves as "lare bishes" that will bully, belittle, be vulgar with other women. It's gotten so bad that I've talked to multiple women that were using WW that I don't personally know that deactivated because of all the bullying. I still see these same women posting even after they have broken almost all the guidelines so I'm confused why they can gang up on one person and flag their comments (for no reason), get that person banned from posting, but they get off and don't face any repercussions. WW needs to do something about this because by not, you are condoning bullying. I don't care if someone is 7 or 70, bullying is wrong and should not be tolerated. Earlier today a girl made a post and the grammar and spelling was off and these women came in and tore this girl to shreds for her bad grammar and spelling. They just continued with it, too. They were stalking my posts yesterday and following them to start drama on all my stuff. These are about 15 women that I'm talking about...not just 1 or 2. I am very disappointed to see that nothing is being done with these women. A slap on the hand and a warning is not good enough. They need to have their posting rights and accounts banned. I submitted a list of the usernames to WW yesterday and I still see those same names happily posting and continuing to bully others. Oh and STILL trash talk me.

“Follow up to bullies on the forums review”
• Previous review

I'm sorry Lauren, but I disagree that WW will help with the issue. I contacted you guys multiple times yesterday and I see these same bullies posting today. Nothing has been done. Now, they found me on social media and are sharing my info and trash talking me. I can't believe you guys would let this go on. Action needs to be taken against these women. How can you let them get away with harassment and bullying? I've had some comments of mine that were flagged by their "group" and those comments didn't violate any of the CGs. But because so many of them back each other up, my comments were removed and I was banned from posting anything. The rules seem to only apply to some users it seems. I had to deactivate my Facebook because of these women. I'd like to speak with a manager or some one that can ensure these women don't get away with the terror they're bringing down on other users such as myself.

kellyc157
5/25/17

I agree with Amanda. Every single day I have comments flagged as inappropriate that do not violate CG's. It seems this particular group of girls gang up and bully and harass every other person that does not agree with them. I literally had to deactivate my account because of them. I signed up to wedding wire because I heard the forums are super informative and everyone else was so nice, but that is not true. I am actually having every single friend I know on there deactive their accounts. I have contacted customer support and nothing has been done about it. They continue to belittle people. They even have a forum post about how they dislike someone and making fun of other people's posts. I don't know how you allow that to go on. You are promoting bullying and should be so embarrassed to have people like this represent you. Back to the knot I go.

rachaelj5
5/22/17

We started with WeddingWire the beginning of the year. What sets them apart is the customer service. We were partnered with a 'customer success manager' who genuinely cares about us and our business. They are innovative, forward thinking, inclusive, and offer opportunities to increase knowledge and education within our industry. A special shout out to Taylor for being so amazing!

stevenv30
5/18/17

I have been a Wedding Wire advertiser for years and have never experienced any of the problems some of these other people claim. No fake leads, no fake reviews, prompt call returns, solid suggestions to improve my listing, and Wedding Wire World has been very good every time I have attended.

sergeiz2
5/18/17

I am an established photographer who moved to a different city. Decided to give Weddingwire a try in a new market. I got a lot of fake requests that never came through. Wasting my time typing responses. I started doubting my approach. It's nothing g but a scam, tried canceling- good luck with that. They don't have a signed agreement with you. Simply cancel your card and don't pay these scam artists.

theresaw41
5/3/17

While some of the advice and ideas are great, the forum is full of mean girls and vendors, especially *. It's obvious after awhile on that site, that many of the brides just regurgitate the obnoxious views of the vendors. Perhaps they don't realize that those vendors pay a fee to be on the sight and will say anything to drive more cash into their grubby little hands.

*Personal information redacted by admin

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/17/16
on 2/8/16
on 1/9/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

35 Photos for WeddingWire