US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

susanr142
1/12/17

This site is totally fake. Be smart, read real people reviews on the web, don't waste a money. Shame on you Wedding Wire.

sergek7
1/11/17

Just cancelled my account with them. The rep was saying " why? You've had 84 leads in 1 year" Yes, but with 0 booking or even single reply. When I realized that they send fake leads, I reply to the leads with $100 per whole day photography quote. No response :-) They also very creative with those weird bride names ;-) Even here, they trying to place their fake "happy with wedding wire" reviews. Total scam.

shaunc23
1/7/17

I paid for a subscription from Wedding Wire for a couple of years and received a few good leads here and there. My business started to slow and I was having financial problems, that's when Wedding Wire showed their true face. When I missed my first payment in over 2 years, within a week I received a hateful and threatening message that said if I did not pay immediately I would be terminated and would not be allowed to log into my account (which one can even with a free account) and would have to pay fees to start my subscription once again. And to top it all off, I had a terrible client who decided to put my personal information in a review. Wedding Wire would not delete it. If I had been a paying customer I'm sure that would not have been the case. They are greedy and certainly not for the business owner or vendor. Which is odd considering paid subscriptions is how they even exist. What a worthless and pathetic company.

garyl100
1/5/17

I spent over $800 with Wedding Wire without recieving 1 single qualified lead! Not much more you can say!

pennyw14
1/1/17

In the 6 month contract that I was forced to stay with Wedding Wire they did nothing to help my company get clients in the door. For $79.10 a month you get placed at the bottom of the list. For me this meant below 69 other photographers. This was odd for me since I was the only photographer in my area. I complained to the company explaining that Forks, Washington was a tiny little town and that I was the only listed photographer, they first told me that it was a technical issue that they would fix, this lasted 3 months of my contract. Next they told me that they had a rolling listing and that I would show first at times. Never did I show first if the brides put Forks, WA which is odd since I was the only photographer in Forks, WA. They never offered to refund my money or fix the problem. They never got any brides. They are all about taking your money for no services. Worst experience ever! Run from them if they contact you!

alanas10
12/28/16

In response to your response I did reach out to the weddingwire people and actually spoke with someone. This someone said she would pass on the issue to another department that could fix the problem. It has not been resolved and was wishing for someone to read the review and fix the problem. It's not that difficult to see that the review is for a different photographer. Just to remind you, Lauren, I live in Stewartsville, MO and the review is for business in Anchorage, AK. I have never been to Alaska, let alone, done business there. Go to the review for Alana Sisk Photography; look just above Alana Sisk Photography and you will see that this is a review for "Wedding photographers in Anchorage, AK". I tried to explain this to the lady on the phone, but I could tell that she could not understand what I was trying to tell her, which led me here to post a review on weddingwire.com. It is a terrible process of trying to speak to a person on the phone with your company. There is no phone number listed for contact. Only way I was able to speak with someone is to say that I was interested in starting account with the company, which I am not. Miss Lauren, I would appreciate it if you would send message to whomever can resolve this issue. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!!

annb114
12/20/16

Lisa at Impression Bridal Store helped my daughter find the perfect bridal dress for her wedding in August. Fantastic customer service by Lisa!!! She made my daughter feel very comfortable while she tried on many dresses, so that she could say "Yes to the dress", and she did! Thank you Lisa for all your help, and all with a smile. Memorable day!

robertoe4
12/13/16

I own a wedding photography business and decided to advertise with weddingwire, what a waste of time, resources and money. They have send me fake leads that never have an in person meeting with us for a whole year. Stay away from this crooked company.

alchemye
12/12/16

I own an entertainment company that does a lot of work I weddings. Spent the better part of eight months advertising for over $115/month on WeddingWire and received over a dozen leads, but only a single lead ever responded to my messages or provided enough information for me to give a quote. The majority of the weddings offered to date and asked me for the price, over when I asked for a location, duration, or features that they would like, people failed to respond. The average message I received is "Get back at me with a price," a date, and to no other details. I was also told that my prices were low compared to other WeddingWire DJs in my area, however the only feedback I received from any claim was that my prices were ridiculously high (yet we have been booking 3 to 4 weddings a month through other sites quoted at or above the prices I quoted on WeddingWire).

I guess the one thing I can say is that when I explained my situation to my rep comments told her I wanted to cancel, she didn't give us a hard time. Of course after collecting really $1,000 from us, what is there to complain about?

phoenixr2
11/18/16

We were married on 10/29/2016 at the Chapel at Honeymoon Hills and the view was beautiful. The staff was very kind and made sure we had everything we needed. The package price was nice. What I didn't care for was the best pictures (that were taken outside) were the better photos and the most expensive.

brittanyh31
11/17/16

This website takes down all negative reviews. This is ridiculous and what is the point of Having reviews if you are filtering them. Worst wedding website

jasons225
10/29/16

Hands down...The customer service at Wedding Wire is among the best in the whole wide world. My rep Cathy is simply amazing...she is super helpful and easy to talk to. She seems more in interested in my success than even me. Wow! this Wedding Wire thing is money well spent and I have absolutely no regrets. I plan to be on here for a very very very long time. Thanks Wedding Wire and thanks a million Cathy for being beyond amazing. :))

john-charlesk
10/15/16

Paul Tenaglia, who was Senior Minister and Founder here in NYC at the Unity of New York, officiated at our wedding here at home in our living room! He had said he would not marry ANYONE until the Law for Same Sex Marriages passed - and he didn't - we were the first. His talk was inspirational, heartfelt, and beautifully delivered. We had only 3 other people here - an old friend of my partners, and the 2 folks who had introduced us "gave us away". We then walked 2 blocks to a restaurant which was open just for us (Machiavelli) and we "received" 80 people who had come from all our "past lives" and many cities. A truly great gathering. We thank & love Paul who is now in Seattle. John-Charles Kelly

kevina67
10/13/16

As a wedding videography, getting exposure was one of my number one concerns. WeddingWire exposed me to a level that I didn't even think was possible.

jodianr
9/30/16

You make it such an easy process being part of the Wedding Wire Network!!!! This year flew by so quickly and here at Candid Expressions Photography, we can't wait to take on the another year with you and the Wedding Wire Team! It's been an amazing year!!!!!! Cathy is the BEST!!!!!

roxannew8
9/22/16

Our Daughters Ceremony and Reception was held at this beautiful location September 10,2016. Our event cordanators Brianna Booth was personal, knowledgeable, and hands on during our year and a half planning process. The entire staff from reservation, uplighting, banquet food service was excellent. The entire crew deserve a raise for the quality of customers satisfaction it was an outstanding experience. Roxanne Williams

davidd264
9/22/16

Sean is fantastic! We are new in the Wedding Wire network and he helped us much to create step by step our profile, improve and we continuing working with him. We are very satisfied with his professionalism and very kind assistance to customers. Excellent customer service approach. Great job Sean and thanks very much. We appreciate professionalism and high level customer service provided by Sean O'Leary. HIghly recommend

christopherj53
9/20/16

I have recently explored using Wedding Wire as a platform to advertise my newly found wedding videography business. My point of contact, Mike, has been nothing short of amazing in providing assistance in many different avenues. Giving different perspectives on crucial parts of promoting my business along with tips to help close leads. His advice is very insightful and it feels like I am having a conversation with a friend rather than a marketer who might just treat my business as just another statistic. Glad that I choose this platform and will continue to do so.

rickb78
9/13/16

I was a business that used wedding wire for several years. (Couples choice award for two years) The website was under constant revisions in 2015 and 16 and had many bugs that made vendors re-enter all the information that they spent time creating. On top of an unstable website they just kept raising my costs. They have a high turnover rate with sale reps because I never really got to know any of the people over my account. I had the feeling they didn't care if I did business with them or not. My account essentially just died, with no follow up or response to my emails when it was time to renew. Very sad as I really liked wedding wire in 2013 and 2014 but this last two years have been a bad experience. Not sure if I would do business again with them.

antoniol34
9/7/16

When I first heard of Wedding Wire I was excited thinking this platform would help take my business to new heights. I had a personal representative that called me often excited and convincing me how great this opportunity will be. Saying that Wedding Wire is one of the top websites married couples visit when they are looking for Wedding vendors. The sales representative convinced me to make the purchase telling me if I wait the prices will be increasing and this is a deal getting in at this price and when you pay your profile is seen in the first few pages. I completed my profile putting all the information on my website from pictures and videos. I know many things take a while so many months went by and my website was getting under 20 views a months and no inquires. I was told before I became a member I can cancel. I wanted to cancel my membership I had to wait a year. When I would talk to my representative she would say generic things add more pictures and videos and change your profile verbage. I did that many time still no leads. I felt helpless and scammed out of my money I could not cancel my subscription and I got only five inquires. I made no money while being on this site, If you are thinking this is a great way to get exposure for your business DONT DO IT!!! When I couldn't cancel my subscription I thought if they don't let you get out of your subscription this is not a good website were I would want to spend my money because they don't stand behind their product and they know many vendors will leave within the first few months. You can generate more business on your own then what Wedding Wire will do for you. My lead representative changed a few times during my tenure with Wedding Wire. I guess if they do not make enough sales getting vendors to become members they get rid of them.

tiac14
9/5/16

As it turns out, WeddingWire will list anybody as a wedding vendor, regardless of how shady they are. All you need is a simple website, no body of work to show for and they will list you, no questions asked. Want to use stolen images in your portfolio? WeddingWire doesn't have a problem with it.

What's worse for couples, WeddingWire doesn't tell its couples that it doesn't show all vendors in their search. They only show those vendors who pay for listings. How does that help me as a couple planning a wedding one might ask? It doesn't. But it sure helps WeddingWire with their bottom line. So when looking for, let's say a wedding planner in Houston, WW will only show those listings who are "paid listings". There might be a bunch of kickass planners out there but we won't know because WW won't show them.

Lastly, when perusing vendor listings, I happened to notice a bunch that are written by fellow vendors as a favor. That's what the "endorse this vendor" function is for - but don't pretend to be a couple of give a star rating. Try to report this to WW? Good luck. Wish they had a "report this review" function like TripAdvisor does but then again, that would cost WW content and who wants that? Overall, wedding planning sites are nothing but one big scam, among them WeddingWire. They pretend to be there for the couple or the vendor when it is abundantly clear that they're only there for themselves.

erict64
8/25/16

Being a part of the Wedding Wire family has been one of the best decisions I've made for my business. As a wedding officiant, there are so many to choose from, but Wedding Wire has been so good at helping me market myself in this industry. My customer service rep, Taylor, has been so kind and helpful to me throughout the process. She constantly checks up on me, something I don't have the luxury from other platforms. Thank you Wedding Wire for contributing to my success!

rachell157
8/15/16

I'm relatively new to the wedding industry and was hesitant about where to spend my advertising dollars. I went with WeddingWire because honestly, I just trusted the sales team that contacted me and showed me how successful their site was for professionals like me. I had also heard rave reviews about them from other local vendors in the area, so I jumped in.

I can tell you that not only are their customer service members extremely helpful and responsive, but their site is on the cutting edge of the industry. They are always looking for new ways to connect their vendors to couples and I've found them to be really proactive with education and networking.

But the bottom line is that I've booked about 90% of my business through them. That's the key for any type of advertising you do. People use WeddingWire and stick with them because it works!

Tip for consumers: If you are serious about growing your business, you can be successful on WeddingWire. But you have to be proactive about creating a beautiful storefront, collecting reviews, and getting your response time down.

wandat13
8/12/16

Taylor Wymer, Customer Success Associate at WeddingWire is an exceptionally highly skilled professional individual. The job title "Customer Success" sums up the service Taylor provides for vendors. Taylor has outstanding listening skills which minimizes the time it takes to resolve the issue. She is knowledgeable about WeddingWire products & services. I appreciate Taylor's competent, confident, warm & engaging manner whenever I need help. Thank you, Taylor, for being a highly skilled professional who is dedicated to providing exceptional customer care services.

lindsayh38
8/10/16

In getting our wedding website started, I had several questions and kinks to work out. The staff was really quick to reply by email with helpful info or by taking care of something on their end. Thank you!

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WeddingWire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/2/16
Answer
laurens101
Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]
A: Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further!
-Lauren