Review of WeddingWire

Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
support@weddingwire.com

pabloa36
5/14/19

I came across to weddingwire thanks to other vendors that work on the wedding industry. I have listings in Gigmasters and TheKnot and I have very good successful listings there.
I got into the WeddingWire free listing for a while. I got a booking with it. After that I started getting stupid calls and e-mails from customer service to upgrade my listing.
To make a long story short, WeddingWire have been the biggest customer service disappointment that I ever have. The customer service representative locked me into a photo booth listing and I thought that it was a DJ listing. My services cover both activities but I was interested on the DJ listing only. attempted to fix that but after a very aggressive customer service representative I agree on putting the add for Photo booth only.
After 5 month I didn't get the success that I was looking for. I decided to contact customer service in an attempt to change the listing to DJ.
To my surprise I got a bit NO. If you are on an specific listing you can't change.
Long story short: I appear on the first page, I'm not getting any hits and they are unable to reconsider changing my listing. I'm not asking for rocket science. I'm just asking them for a change. The people of TheKnot are willing to help, Gigmasters are very good at customer service. Weddingwire????? No,.. they are not. Sorry but I prefer to continue with TheKnot and Gigmasters! Good luck to you WeddinWire!

Tip for consumers: Review contract and make sure that they can change your listings on your please. Otherwise you will be locked for 1 year for nothing.

anonymous2
5/13/19

I signed up for Wedding Wire with the intention of using their free services. After so, I got bombarded with calls at work and emails asking to schedule a "Welcome Call" so they can "Verify" my account. I had no intention of buying a paid membership when I scheduled the call, but the lady sold it very well - seemingly with interest in helping my small start-up business - with her terms on leads, page traffic, and revenue. I agreed to the lowest available package and she pushed me to pay for it through the phone by informing me that the "15% Off Discount" she got from "her boss" who apparently was close enough to hear the whole conversation was only available at that time. That was my first mistake.

Second mistake was not looking into their services deeper prior to the call and being sucked into their sales pitch. If you look pass all the paid Ads that they have of themselves and several other pages from their own website, you'll see the reality of it all - all the people who they have wronged through their services, all those who have lost their money to empty promises.

Third mistake, After the call and payment of the initial first month due, I was surprise to receive an email that indicates "fixed initial term of 1 year" which I did not remember her mentioning. She repeated the 12 month payments but I did not remember agreeing to paying for a closed 12 months. But she insist that we discussed it. I agreed to paying month to month and maybe canceling if I don't like it, that's what I understood.

Fourth mistake, after searching everywhere for a way out I realized that I have been victimized by them as others have been. Countless complaints from people who have more expensive membership packages than I do complaining about their empty promises, lack of follow through, and zero customer results. Wedding Wire is fake reviews, fake leads, no assurance, 1 year contract trap - not at all small business friendly. After so, 2-3 Hours after talking to my "representative", I sent her an emailing with the intention to cancel my membership. Not a days, a week, a month, or months after... only 2-3 hours after I paid.

Ok, maybe if you are a big business, with money to spend to be on the first two pages, heck maybe even the first 3 options - then ok maybe this website is for you. But for a small business trying to build a potfolio, you are wasting your money on them.

After endless emails, between the representative and her supposed manager - them just repeatedly telling me that there was no way out of the contract despite the fact the I asked to get canceled only 2-3 hours after I paid for it. Still trying to sell the service and acting as if they acre about the state of your business and have only the best intentions for the terms that they go buy. I gave up on them, they are just leeches trying their best to sell their services.

I am hoping to find a way out of this mess without ruining my credit, losing all the money, or getting sued.

erikav22
5/7/19

I'm a vendor and I use WeddingWire.ca to promote my business. I've gotten a lot of business through their website and appreciate how easy it is to use and how nice it looks. I did recently have an issue that I needed help addressing. I was able to talk to an actual person rather than just receiving an automated response. Taslima I helped me and she was great at assisting me with my issue, explaining everything and getting back to me promptly (something that I find is so rare in customer service with large organizations now a days). The only criticism I have is that I found the explanation of my issue could have been made clearer before the fact with a better FAQ page being available and then I wouldn't have had a problem in the first place, however, things everything was resolved in the end thanks to Taslima.

muinata
5/6/19

Wedding wire has been contacting me to be a vendor for almost a year and I kept declining, They follow up with a lot of emails, and calls, I should have known better, i do not know what came over me to sign up with them eventually. I should have listened to the reviews.. Please listen to the reviews and do not sign up!!. They lie to you and say that you are going to get alot of business, even go as far as manipulating you that you will make this amount of profit on their website, and you will be able to pay your yearly total fee. I know no place is guaranteed business, but wedding wire has been the worst place I have advertised, 0 business, price shoppers, fake leads, scammers, and mostly couples who are on a budget. Please DO NOT SIGN UP, they do not care at all if you get leads or not. 7 months on there, i have not booked 1 wedding, a complete rip off

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Muinat,

Wear are sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to get you in touch with your Customer Success Manager to address your concerns and help you make the most out of your WeddingWire listing. Please reach out to our Support Team at support@weddingwire.com so we can help!

-Lauren
geraldj92
4/30/19

Lisa Marlowe of PaperAlley is the best! Not only is she professional .She's also courteous , inviting and informative. We absolutely loved our wedding invitations. I would recommend her 100%. If you want it done right.

timw322
4/25/19

They will tell you anything to get you to sign up. They said we would be listed in Atlanta and we were not. The leads are complete crap. Save your money. If you complain they will just ignore it and tell you that you signed the agreement. Terrible company to deal with.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Tim,

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor on WeddingWire! Were you able to connect with your Customer Success Manager to discuss your concerns? We would be happy to connect you, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can further assist you!

-Lauren
graces140
4/20/19

After spending hours of putting my wedding website together, I was unable to send RSVP invitations to my guests, due to a "technical issue which website technicians were trying to solve". That was the only response given to me by Customer Service without providing any foreseen timeline for problem solution. After a whole week of waiting and no tangible solution or satisfying response, I used another website and did the work all over again and was finally able to send out wedding invitations before it's too late!

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Grace,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your wedding website and invitation tool! Sometimes bugs or issues within our site take a bit of time to fix depending on the complexity and severity, so we are usually not able to provide exact timelines. It looks like the online invitation tool is up and running again in most accounts, if you have any trouble or additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at help@weddingwire.com.

-Lauren
kristinw37
4/19/19
• Updated review

Update to my previous review:

Five months after my wedding and after I left a negative review on WeddingWire's site and specifically mentioned Phraseology as never returning a phone call or an email, WeddingWire emailed me to tell me that my review is temporarily hidden because Phraseology decided that they suddenly can read emails and decided to dispute the review.
WeddingWire will find any loophole to avoid allowing negative reviews on their site. The funny thing about this is that Phraseology is NO LONGER LISTED AS VENDORS on their site. How can a company who isn't on the site any longer file a dispute. Hmmmmm.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Kristen,

Our Review Dispute team would be happy to help address any of your concerns about your disputed review. Please reach out to us at help@weddingwire.com so we can further assist you!

-Lauren
“No!”
11/19/18
• Previous review

I only needed an officiant, no venue, photographer or any of that, just the minister. The one officiant that had a decent price, (Phraseology,) never returned emails or phone calls. The spam that I was getting in my email from WeddinWire was really pissing me off. I got an officiant on my own for so much cheaper than the $350 that others on that site were charging. I also noticed that WeddingWire do not post negative reviews on their site, so that in itself, is shady. Nope, nope and another nope.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Kristin,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! We offer an unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails if you no longer wish to receive them. We also welcome all reviews good and bad. The more reviews we have, the better resource we can be for couples searching for vendors for their special day. If a vendor believes a review violates our Terms of Use, they are able to dispute the review. Once a review is disputed, it becomes our responsibility to ensure the review does not violate our Terms of Use through our dispute process. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help!

-Lauren
kaileyn1
4/17/19

My company has been using WeddingWire for quite a while. In the beginning there was not too many problems/issues. But lately there staff is NO help at all, they can barely answer simple questions. Also, I am paying them a monthly fee to have our listing up higher on the list but when I get inquiries they are automatically marked as fraud.. and half of them are not even fraud because I end up emailing their actual email & I have even booked a few brides that were "fraud". So I am paying you basically for lead that you are taking away from me? And now I have had a few brides write reviews for me & they are saying those are fraud too!! Then WeddingWire tells me I need to have my bride call them on their customer service line. I AM NOT asking my clients to call your customer service.. This website is becoming a joke, sucks to see that The Knot & WeddingWire will soon become one.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Kailey,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! We would be happy to get you in touch with your Customer Success Manager to make sure you have the best contact information and to help address your concerns about your leads and reviews. When you have a moment, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can further assist you!

-Lauren
rickt134
4/11/19

First , they use a contract because they know they will not perform. They overpromise and mislead. The staff is mostly inexperienced young people with no scruples. We tried them not once , but twice. Finally we just quit and dared them to try to continue to debit our account. We are experienced in results driven marketing and this was a joke. BEWARE

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Rick,

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor! Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can help address your concerns.

-Lauren
markj536
4/11/19

They will do all kinds of things behind you're back and it will cost you hundreds to thousands more than you would have paid to legitimate companies. Buyer beware!

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Have you been able to speak with our Customer Success team about your listing? We would be happy to connect you if you can reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com.

-Lauren
jonathang234
3/25/19

I can't say it much better. I wish I read these reviews before placing my credit card and signing on the virtual line. Once they get you they have you and no amount of zero business leads will change their mind. They throw contract in your face and never shut up. I chose to finish paying them $50 a month for a year just to get me back on their free listing which is the only place anybody ever should go or otherwise they held my business free account on their website as hostage. Horrible business, horrible customer service and any "leads" you will get from them is going to be SPAM more than likely and nothing more! Read all the bad reviews here and see a pattern. Setup a FB page instead and boost a few posts for $1 a day and you will get tons of great leads over time.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Jonathan,

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor. Our Support Team would be happy to connect you with your Customer Success Manager to help you make the most out of your listing. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com.

-Lauren
tovir
3/25/19

The website sent all of the guests to expedia without them knowing. It cost the guests hundreds including me.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Tovi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our Hotel Block service. We would be happy to further investigate this for you, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can take a look!

-Lauren
amyt241
3/21/19

I am the proud mama of 3 girls! We used weddingwire.com to plan the older two daughters weddings and now it is time for the "baby" to plan her wedding. I was at a loss for how to retrieve our guest list info. I reached out to weddingwire.com and lo and behold there was a wonderful woman, Michelle who was able to quickly help me. Phew! This truly will save me from having to pull my hair out retrieving all of the addresses again.
Thank you weddingwire.com!!

christyj22
3/17/19

Loved the dress! It arrived earlier than I expected, and was exactly what I ordered. I got the dress custom fit and lengthened the sleeves for my prom - I love how it looks with full length sleeves. The advice I received online when ordering was extremely helpful. Thank you, I look forward to wearing it on my prom!

paulm1093
3/12/19

Their entire staff is always helpful. They know that my success is also their success. My account rep is off on leave, but Kate was a real help with quick answers.

justina147
3/10/19

We paid in an annual premium $1499 for a year to be featured locally and put our band in a visible position for gigs. We got zero REAL leads and a bunch of scammers contacting us. They have a policy that you can cancel 6 months in and get a 50% refund which we ARE doing, but to think that we spent half of that money waisting our time talking to scammers and trying to listen to them on how to make our weddingwire better. This company is a rip off and I don't suggest using it. Their customer service led us on and have not helped us. We do weddings and professional events all the time and the fact that this site can't get us one gig is rediculous. Complete waist of our time and money. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Justin,

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor. Have you had a chance to share your concerns with your Customer Success Manager? Our Success team is happy to help you manage your account to make sure you're making the most out of your paid membership with us. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com if you need any assistance and we would be happy to get you in touch!

-Lauren
alyssas82
2/20/19

I joined as a member But the place is incredibly biased and the administration is obscenely rude. Basically if you see anything I post to the WeddingWire line they will delete your account. The community is nothing but a bunch of catty $#*!es who will attack you if you were doing anything in your wedding other than 100% the wedding wire way. I recommend you stay far away do not give any business to their vendors, encourage your vendors to close their account and use wedding bee

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Alyssa,

We're very sorry to hear you feel this way. Although users are allowed to voice their opinions, the comments made within the forums should never violate our Community Guidelines. We take any accusations of forum violations very seriously. Please email community@weddingwire.com directly and we would be happy to further assist you.

-Lauren
susanw500
2/11/19

I am always so impressed by the immediate help I get from Wedding Wire with any of my questions! Kendra has always given me specific answers to my questions and suggestions to help improve my listing.

jillianh19
2/10/19

I reached out to have a review removed from a vendor we used for our wedding. Since our review we have been having difficulties with the vendor and did not want our positive review to be used when others were considering their services. WeddingWire was very prompt with a response and acted swiftly to remove the review. We can't thank them enough for their attention to our request.

neilaj
2/9/19

You would think that the easiest task in planning my wedding would be adding guests to the wedding wire guest list, not! I've sent numerous emails back and forth because my guests are not able to RSVP through the website. This is a disaster and I've spent more time on trying to create the guest list and get my guests registered than I have done on anything else for my wedding. I do not recommend using this site because it is not user friendly. My wedding planning has been mostly stress free except for this process! My advice SKIP THIS, especially if you're going to have to spend the money (like I do) to send out hard copy RSVP cards.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Neila,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! Our team would be happy help you with your Guest List tool, when you have a moment, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

-Lauren
lancee20
Lance E.
2/6/19

The Wedding Industry and Sales are so very competitive! You must be customer driven, look outside the box, make sure you are in touch with your clients' needs and remember without them, there is no need for you. As a Wedding Photographer, (3rd career US Marine, Director of Procurement for AT&T & Owner/Photographer of Reflections Creative Photography), we know that we must live this every day and if we don't, someone else will fill in for us very quickly.
We have been doing Wedding Photography for 38 years, part and now full time, accomplished over 2600 Weddings and Special Events and until 2017 did no paid advertising. For years Wedding Wire and The Knot would call to try and get us to sign on with them. In 2016, we saw a slight down click in our numbers because of the increase in the number of new photographers in our marketing area, (some professional, many not but all who made an impact on the numbers), so in 2017 we finally took the call from WW. After the sales presentation, other than unsubstantiated % increases we opted to go with The Knot, who put their efforts were their mouth was. BTW at that time we had over 100 WW reviews on a free site. In 2017 and 2018, approximately 45% of our business came from the Knot and we won Best of Weddings in our 1st year. So, in late 2017, a new sales person from WW called; I challenged him with the same questions as I had the others and the sales team for the Knot. Apparently, I was too challenging for him and he refused to work with me anymore and passed me off to his Boss, Brian Mate. After some basic discussions, we opted to take a "Professional Listing" to see how it worked out for a year. It was then, that I was put in touch with Mike Dillon what a breath of fresh air! Working with Mike was effortless, enlightening and instructive how to best showcase oneself within WW. Not only was he there at the onset, but with monthly updates and responsive to any and all of my inquiries.
This was like my ongoing experience at The Knot I hear from my Sales Manager often as well as the support staff. At WW only from Mike not once did I receive an inquiry from the Sales Staff as to how things were going, what could they do to help, etc. etc.! Now maybe that was mostly Mikes job, which he did superbly, but if I remember most Sales people make commissions off the sales so just "taking the money and run" is not cool in my eyes, you might as well be selling insurance or new cars!
OK enough ranking about the WW sales staff and back to Mike the shinning star of our WW relationship! We've opted to stop our paid listing at this point, not because of Mike's support, just the overall numbers. So, my bottom line Mike Dillon is a super star and covers the backsides of the guys who just book it! Thanks Mike maybe we'll do this again sometime
Respectively.
Lance W Ek
Owner/Photographer
Reflections Creative Photography, LLC

kareng421
2/6/19

The website is beautiful and generally easy to use but I did encounter some limitations that I thought was prohibitive. However, after communicating with customer support, they helped to resolve these issues.

barbarap346
2/5/19

I had used the free service for a few years when I was contacted by a rep to upgrade to a level that would get me more exposure and improve my business. I spent over an hour on the phone with the rep going over all the information and discussing my concerns. I was specifically told by the rep that there was a loop hole and if the service wasn't working for me, that I could cancel in 6 months! A bold face lie!!! After 6 months, I tried to cancel and was told that because I chose to make monthly payments, the "loop hole" could not be used. I made it so very clear to the rep who signed me up, that I DID NOT WANT TO UPGRADE IF I COULDN'T CANCEL AFTER THE 6 MONTHS. She knew very well what she was doing and that she was being deceitful. The service did not work for me, I received 0 sales for the whole entire year, and I threw away $1,000. I sold more in prior years without the upgrade. The few leads I did receive with the upgrade were either spam or were for a service I didn't provide because their categories are too general. So save yourself money and grief by NOT using their upgraded services and listening to their lies.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Barbara,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to address your concerns in any way we can, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can help!

-Lauren
lyndah61
2/5/19

Recently I wanted to change my business name; the request was answered quickly and the staff was very helpful and thorough.

Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Kristin, All reviews, positive or negative, are welcome on WeddingWire. If a vendor disputes a review, the review is temporarily flagged down until it can be verified through our dispute process. Our Dispute Team works hard to ensure reviews on WeddingWire do not violate our Terms of Use. You may want to take a look at our Disputed Review FAQ at the link below for further helpful information: https://engagedsupport.weddingwire.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003776706-Disputed-Review-FAQ Our Support Team is always available to assist you with any additional questions or concerns you may have about our reviews or anything else on WeddingWire! Please don't hesitate to email us at support@weddingwire.com.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Vicki, We do have a validation process for new listings on WeddingWire, this may be why you are not seeing your full storefront yet. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help approve your listing!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Francine, Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com with your request and we can remove your review for you!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Tyler, We would be happy to help! Please send your request to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can deactivate your account for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Clio! To leave a review on WeddingWire, we do require an account with basic information such as wedding date, name, and email address. You can deactivate your account at any time, just reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

The review process for disputed reviews can take upwards of two weeks before a review is reinstated, provided we receive valid proof of payment or contract to reflect you worked with that vendor. For more information on or review verification process, feel free to read more at https://engagedsupport.weddingwire.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003776706-Disputed-Review-FAQ.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Gracie! Please write in to support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to remove the review for you! -Lauren

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Sheyna! Thanks for reaching out to ask. Each household needs at least one guest to be pulled into things such as the RSVP tool, email functionality, etc. If you have any further trouble with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at support@weddingwire.com! - Lauren

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

WeddingWire?