Review of WeddingWire

support@weddingwire.com
2017 Customer choice award

lancee9
12/12/17

There was a recent article I had read on the upcoming engagement season, thought I saved it but guess not! Asked for some help in finding it and after a little clarification they sent me the requested article link - great job and 2nd effort!!

cocow5
12/10/17

If you want support and you have a difference of opinion to what is the norm on this site, theie are 10-15 women that have formed a click and will condemn you. They will scrutinize your ideas. They will demean you. They will make unruly comments. They will be catty and if you dare respond in the same manner that they have been responding to other members, you will be flagged and they will be able to stay and continue harassing and demeaning others. This is not a good place for brides that sincerely need help.

I have watched these "ladies" literally crucify people for an opinion, for not having enough resources to have what they would consider to be an elite wedding, for not having the same cultural beliefs and etiquette as many of them appear to have. After watching several posters become upset or lose confidence, I made it my mission to point out to members that what they were doing was wrong. When they will respond to me with blatant disrespect and sarcasm and I responded with the same blatant sarcasm, I was flagged and they were able to continue to harass and demean others without reprimand. They will then point out the rules and how they know how to get around them.I felt the need to stand up for the ladies that really depend on this site for advice and assistance and they allow these immature brats to terrorize other members for different views. They condone these individuals to do as they please. Perhaps, they are part of the WW team and get special privileges. If you want to check out their website or if you doubt me, go and see for yourself. I have no reason to falsify information. This forum is obnoxious and needs to be checked. WW should be ashamed of themselves for condoning such behavior when they are such a good resource for brides to be.

I hope that they make changes and realize that if they do not stop allowing this kind of behavior from bullies on their forum, they are going to lose membership. It's happened to big sites such as Friendster, Myspace,etc. If they believe that this can not happen to them, they are highly mistaken. It is wrong and I really do not like the experience that I and others have had on this site. You literally had people stating that they have become depressed or upset because of comments that have been made and even if they are flagged, they are still able to continue to terrorize people.

If you like their features for reviews and resources, I will admit that they are helpful in those areas. As far as their forums, they need to make some serious changes. It's a shame that such a resourceful site condones such hateful and immature behavior.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Coco-

We have a large, diverse community of members with different experiences, backgrounds, and budget sizes, and all are welcome in our community. Bullying behavior is not acceptable under our Guidelines, and our flagging and violations policies are in place to ensure the Guidelines are upheld. Members are welcome to debate wedding ideas, but once a comment becomes personal it is not allowed in our forums. I know the community team has been in touch with you, but if you have any additional questions or concerns about a specific post, please reach out to community@weddingwire.com directly and they would be happy to help explain our policies.

-Lauren
rebeccap118
12/7/17

I was appalled to see how nasty the brides on this app are to each other and were to me when I submitted a question. They insulted me, swore at me, talked down to me, and taunted me. Theres absolutely no excuse for this kind of behavior and for it to go unchecked is very disappointing. I will not recommend this app for that reason, and I have requested to have my account deleted, which is really a shame, because the rest of the Services are very helpful.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Rebecca-

We understand your concern, and we take violations of our Vow of Conduct very seriously. If you have a specific violation you would like to be further investigated, please email us directly at community@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to look into this further.

-Lauren
kelleyk10
12/5/17

Thank you so much Cathy and Wedding Wire for helping with an aspect of my job that I never seem to have time to do!!!!

It is always super appreciated and the clients keep rolling in!!!

lenac16
11/19/17

I am a wedding photographer in the Portland, OR area, and I have had great success with WeddingWire the past year. I have booked several wedding for 2017 and 2018. Taylor Wymer is my Customer Success Manager, and I love her! She's prompt and patient with my questions. I email and talk to her over the phone. Even when I was going back and forth on my pricing, she dug into the data of surrounding photographers and the number of leads I was getting etc. to help me come up with a plan. Or when I complained about not getting leads for a stretch, she talked me through what could be going on and what I could be doing etc.

I love being a part of wedding photography workshops, Rising Tide Society meetings, listening to podcasts and watching countless online webinars, so I wouldn't say WeddingWire is a miracle worker. You get what you put it in. It's your job to do the research, organize your storefront, have a great website etc. WeddingWire provides an awesome platform for you reach brides and amazing customer service to help you along the way though!

scotts305
11/17/17

This company is a total ripoff, they sell you a really great game and tell you they'll do this for you and make it sound like they're going to really help but once they have your money they basically disappear.

On top of that they lock you into a contract for a year, please DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Scott-

We are sorry to hear that you have not seen success with your listing. In terms of advertising, we always recommend that vendors participate for a full 12 months to see the best ROI. The wedding season lasts from 12-14 months, so it can be difficult to see the results you are looking for after just a few months. When you have a moment, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to get you connected with your personal Customer Success Representative to address your concerns and help you get the most out of your listing.

-Lauren
sarahj238
11/16/17

Ok, so I'm definitely not alone in this as I've talked to many vendors, mostly photographers and all have agreed that Wedding Wire was a huge waist of money. My year of advertising with WW is almost up (thank god). I haven't booked a SINGLE wedding and only received maybe 10 leads. Most of which were odd, and never even seemed real. The reps check in with you here and there and ask how things are going. When you tell them it's not going well, they say YOU need to get more reviews, or re-do your store front. Basically, WE have to do all the work. and nothing comes of it. Don't waist your time and money with Wedding Wire- you will get a MUCH BETTER return with Yelp and Facebook advertising. and spend far less.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Sarah-

We are sorry to hear about your experience! Although our premium products guarantee advertisement placement and exposure on our site, vendors do still need to put effort into managing their storefront to see success with their listing. Your Customer Success Manager is available for any assistance you need regarding your account from "how-to" questions to review collecting best practices. If you have any questions or would like to be connected with your Customer Success Manager, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help.

-Lauren
sweetndivineb
11/14/17

It's been 1 year since I started using Weddingwire as a Desserts vendor, and joining them was definitely one of the best choices I've made.
This is a great tool for my business, easy for vendors and for couples. Customer service is prompt and people friendly. I will keep joining weddingwire :)
Sweet and Divine Baking
Phoenix, AZ

kathleenc92
11/9/17

...no vendor support! A lot of fake leads....almost no REAL leads and NO ROI. Spend your advertising money elsewhere.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Kathleen,

As an upgraded member, you are assigned a personal Customer Success Rep who is an expert at helping vendors receive more traction with their paid ad. We'd be happy to get you in touch with your Customer Success Rep so that they can lend some insight. If this is something you're interested in, can you please private message us your account information?

Lauren
neilr54
11/2/17

ALL of my customers have a very hard time leaving reviews. The "wedding date" (required to leave a review) part is a joke, it only goes back about 15 years or so, if a customer finds me and has me up-grade their rings, for example, but were married 25 years ago, they have to "lie" about their wedding date. Many of my clients are devout Christians and will not lie. So, no review. Lots more to say, but hate negativity, so just be warned...

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Neil,
Thank you for your feedback! WeddingWire is geared towards wedding related reviews but reviewers are welcome to leave reviews for other events on EventWire.com. If you would like more information or have any further questions, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help!
-Lauren
joannem77
10/31/17

"Free" vendor registration seems great as you get lots of potential business but somehow can't verify as tel. no, and email is not visible. Then come the phone calls to subscribe and when you don't, interest disappears..... But get sucked in and pay $3,000 plus and you can see customer details.....but suddenly - very few real enquiries. From the engaged couple perspective - beware! Registering template won't allow "Do not provide" so forced to offer services you don't. Businesses can write anything - wedding wire won't check out reality of businesses they list. And vendors beware - if you do manage a booking and the couple has an axe to grind (like didn't want to pay their bill) they can write horrid reviews and wedding wire won't fact check, Your boilerplate form reply will be "look at our terms:" or "how to respond to bad reviews" . It doesn't get much worse than this - subscribe for free service at your peril. If you subscribe it is impossible to cancel or get any $ back. Take it from a company out of business only due to Wedding Wire manipulation and slanderous reviews they posted full of outright lies as couple wouldn't pay bill - STAY AWAY

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
We're truly sorry to hear you feel this way. Have you been able to speak with your personal Customer Success Representative about your paid listing? Your representative is fully equipped to help you manage your account and make sure you're making the most out of your paid membership with WeddingWire. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com us your account information and we will be sure to connect you with your personal Customer Success Rep so that they can lend some insight!

Vendors are also encouraged to dispute reviews that they feel violate our Terms of Use. Once a vendor disputes a review, it's our job to ensure that the review was written by a legitimate client of that business. If you would like assistance disputing a review on your storefront, please include this information in your message and we would be happy to help!

-Lauren
moea12
10/26/17

As a vendor-Wedding DJ , I worked with Tara Arora and Cathy Ramirez. They went above and beyond to support and encourage me to grow my business and helped me tremendously with my online marketing strategy. I would be lost without them. They are always available to help and continue to encourage me now and I can imagine more in the future . I feel that I 100% trust them as business coaches and highly enjoy working with them. Great Job Tara and Cathy!

terrir31
10/25/17

Brides to be or anyone looking for helpful, positive, constructive advice related to weddings - do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from Wedding Wire! If I knew back in January when I became engaged, what I know now I would have hitched my "wagon" to The Knot or Wedding Bee or any site other than Wedding Wire. If my wedding website were not attached to them with my wedding just 10 days away I would deactivate my account RIGHT NOW!

The really sad part is that the vendor searches/reviews, and various blog posts are excellent - it's the FORUMS and more importantly the complete lack of a positive atmosphere in them that is the biggest problem on Wedding Wire.

There are more than a few downright rude, catty, negative, vile, and vicious users, and some vendors who are downright bullies. If you even dare to question why they are coming at you so negatively - they have your post blocked and you are helpless to do anything about it. Under Wedding Wire Community Guidelines (which are an absolute joke because they seem to only protect the bullies not the innocents), if 3 people flag your post, it is automatically removed - no warning or notification to you. According to the community guidelines (CG's) it is supposedly reviewed by a moderator who determines if the flag was inappropriate, if so the post is permanently removed however if it is deemed to be appropriate and not a violation of CG's it is supposed to be restored. Guess how many times a post is ever reinstated? From what I can tell NEVER!! So the bullies have figured this out - so if they don't like what you say - 3 flag you and your post is removed!

The first time this happened to me - my thread (https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/faux-wedding-cake-sssshhhh/b7fc69e67bbf1a53.html?page=1) was inundated with rude comments and when I countered them - they flagged my post and it was removed. I emailed Wedding Wire and received a "canned" response that the post had been found to be offensive and that I engaged in personal attacks and it was removed permanently. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Furthermore, if you look at the posts that remained they were so rude and so catty - so basically the bullies won.

Unfortunately unless you have screen shots or some type of visual proof of what you wrote, you have nothing to back up your side of the story because your post is gone. In my case, I have apparently gotten on the bad side of one of the notoriously rude vendors who posts nothing but snarky and rude comments in the forums. She has a VERY devoted following with some of the posters so if you say anything remotely on the wrong side of her - watch out! Her little fan club will "troll" you from post to post and flag your posts and get them removed. Again since the post is gone you have nothing to support your claim that you are being inappropriately censored. But as I expected it would, it happened again today and THIS TIME I have screen shots - so judge for yourself. The 3rd screenshot shows that my post in response to "Richard's" rude post - has been removed! Wedding Wire allows profanity in it's forums so that wasn't a violation. I wasn't rude I believe I was quite polite all things considered!

Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from Wedding Wire!

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Terri,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. All members have the ability to flag posts they feel violate the Community Guidelines, this is an important part of how we keep the site safe and welcoming. Our team of moderators reviews every comment that is flagged and puts live again those which are suitable for the site. If your post was not reinstated, it did not meet our Guidelines for positive and respectful posting.

If there is a particular incident or issue you would like reviewed, please feel free to contact the Community Team. Even without screenshots they are able to review any incident which took place in the forums and can address any specific concerns you may have. They can be reached at community@weddingwire.com

As we explained through previous email correspondence, members are welcome to discuss and debate wedding ideas, but once a comment becomes personal it is not allowed in our forums, as it does not contribute to a positive community environment. Name calling, insults and personal critiques of community members are not allowed and so several of your posts were not able to be made live again on the forums.

-Lauren
daniellem118
10/25/17

I had an issue with the new account I set up so I emailed for assistance. I received quick service and they solved the issue the same day. I look forward to using WW for my future planning!

tinas149
Tina S.
10/24/17

I love the personal wedding website feature plus this site has been very helpful in helping me with my time lines and guest list. I still have over a year for my wedding and will use Wedding Wire every step of the way!

jc365
10/19/17

We have partnered with Wedding Wire for a number of years and working with Michelle Molnar has always been an excellent experience. She knows exactly how to make our site look fantastic and continues to come up with new ideas to improve our listing. Michelle is very responsive, proactive, and just a joy to work with. Thanks for being our Wedding Wire rep!

jenniferf120
10/7/17

Absolutely love this website/app. I had no idea how to start planning for my wedding and WeddingWire makes it easy and fun. It takes away the overwhelming feeling and allows for the bride to feel like they are on top of their wedding planning game! My mom has been impressed with how organized and informed I am since the start of planning.

kateh61
10/6/17

Wow, I honestly can't say enough about Wedding Wire.

To be short, of the two promotion sites I used this year, 90% of my bookings were through Wedding Wire.

From the very begenning of my inquiry about using Wedding Wire as a way to advertise my Wedding Photography business I was impressed with the personal attention and care from the staff. I had a Wedding Wire rep contact me directly and have a live conversation about my business and goals for the year, and then was given an appointment to speak with a specialist who took me through all the tools of the site and walked me through how I could utalize them based on my specific needs as a wedding vendor.

The site itself is just set up so well too! It was so easy to navigate and generate leads, it has a function for you to set reminders of each step in the booking process with your clients, and it integrates seamlessly with your e-mail, making responding to a client fast and simple.
It even has a way to have your contract and other shared documents at hand through the site so you can share attachments within the conversation you have with your clients via Wedding Wire.

Another thing I love about Weddibg Wire was the review generator. In this day and age, having several high quality reviews of your business is a must for booking online, and Wedding Wire has this amazing tool that makes it easy to track when your clients view their invitation to leave you a review, as well as an option to automatically remind them to leave you a review if they forget and too much time goes by.

In addition to this, the site has numerous training tools and articles to help you grow your business.

Advertising through Wedding Wire was by far the most siccessful action I took to grow my business from hobby to professional and I will absolutely be continuing to use Weddibg Wire as my primary promotion tool in the future!

-Kate Holt of Kate Holt Photography

lindaa134
9/29/17

Treatie Beatie Cakes, Evelyn is so creative, a true master of Cakes. She will design exactly what you are looking for. I have seen many of her Cakes and they taste and look so wonderful . You will be very happy!

christianm90
9/26/17

The phrase above and beyond can't even begin to characterize her dedication to customer service. When I was comforted with several difficult choices on how to manage my business on Wedding Wire Danielle stepped to the plate with help hint and insightful wisdoms. I am truly blessed to have be connected with such a knowledgeable and personable rep. Wedding Wire should be honored to have such a dedicated employee. She has become the reason for my success with this company. A true model for other employees to follow.

patricias225
9/18/17

The customer is amazing and helpful and very friendly I would suggest this app to all my friends.they were very fast in helping me with issues on the sight

elizabethc215
9/9/17

Our daughter just got married at Cielo's Garden near Grunthal, MB. It was an amazing day and in big part due to the beautiful venue. We had access to a chapel built of stone with open sides and windows, a beautiful open air reception area with a glass roof, a gazebo with fireplace, quaint washrooms and a grassy lawn area. The owners are very personable and most accommodating. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

sallys96
9/6/17

Harrington Farm is a great place for a wedding with a lovely outdoor garden and seating for the wedding ceremony. The large expanse of grass is gorgeous and makes the site very private. The tent for $#*!tails is large and elegant. The reception space in the wonderful "barn" is spacious and yet cozy with an outdoor area with couches and fireplace. The staff was terrific and the food was delicious.

jamesl334
9/3/17

I've emailed WeddingWire multiple times for vendor support with no response. The vendor subscription with this service is very expensive yet once they have your money, you will not recieve support upon request. Very unprofessional.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi James,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! I took a look in our system and could not find any messages from you. When you have a moment, could you please send me a private message with your business name and email address? We will be happy to make sure you have the correct contact information and to get you in touch with your customer success manager!

-Lauren
lisae100
9/1/17

As everyone knows being a bride can be stressful time , however I must tell you that I could not of been happier with the entire team at the 3 West Club.

I remember the day my fiance and I went to view the club and meet Ryan Furio for the first time. The warmth and help from Ryan had us book immediately and i can tell you that Ryan and his team were amazing all the way through from beginning to end of the ceremony.

I would highly recommend The 3 West club for any venue :)

Happily Married
Lisa

Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

The review process for disputed reviews can take upwards of two weeks before a review is reinstated, provided we receive valid proof of payment or contract to reflect you worked with that vendor. For more information on or review verification process, feel free to read more at https://engagedsupport.weddingwire.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003776706-Disputed-Review-FAQ.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

Hi Gracie! Please write in to support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to remove the review for you! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

Hi Sheyna! Thanks for reaching out to ask. Each household needs at least one guest to be pulled into things such as the RSVP tool, email functionality, etc. If you have any further trouble with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at support@weddingwire.com! - Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further! -Lauren

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]

Advertising costs vary by region, category, and package. Your local sales representative would be able to provide accurate numbers for your business. We would be happy to put you in contact if you email us directly at support@weddingwire.com.

By Lauren S. [WeddingWire Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

40 Photos for WeddingWire