Review of WeddingWire

Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
support@weddingwire.com

heatherk136
10/17/18

I recently contacted my account manager, Cameron Luttrell, to see how I could improve my storefront to generate more leads. Not only did she do that but she also provided many helpful suggestions to improve my digital conversations and close on a sale. I was really blown away by how helpful she was. Very happy with the outcome of the call!!

elexisa
10/10/18

There are many other platforms that can bring you business. I'd rather give my money to Yelp (and that's saying a lot).

I'm currently trying to cancel my contract. It is a 12 month contract with no early cancellation! (so they say). I'm sure they didn't mention this before I signed up, but the woman who signed me up was 100% sure she did.

They blow up your phone when they know you're interested, but now that I want to cancel the only available time to speak with my marketing specialist is a week from now.

All customers are looky-Lou's. So little are ready to commit (although that's what the marketing team tells you). They do not give you any leads, so you must wait until a potential client contacts you.

If you're a vendor - DON'T DO IT.

michaelb1496
10/5/18

This is a site for people who dream of getting married but are serious flaky I have had over 130 requests in less than 6 months and not one single response .. I m using premium service and the people using this site really are just booming every venue with requests for info, never had a single person respond , save your money a total waste of money. $5 k out the window just for slodge.. :(

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Michael, we are sorry to hear you are not happy with your listing inquires! We would be happy to get you connected with the Customer Success Team so they can address your concerns and help you make the most of your upgraded listing. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can further assist you!

-Lauren
tracies27
10/3/18

I am a vendor and I only get about 1 of every 10 leads as compared to other sites. They blame it on not having reviews even though there is over 13. They don't care about their vendors at all and just steal all of your money. Definitely a waste of time

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Tracie, we are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor. Have you been able to work with your Customer Success Manager to help you get the most our of your listing? We would be happy to get you connected with them to further discuss your concerns, please email us at support@weddingwire.com so we can help!

-Lauren
samanthas236
9/24/18

I accidentally had a typo in my Wedding Wire username and couldn't log back into my account. Michelle at Wedding Wire was quick to respond to me and retrieve my account!

Also if you're getting married I recommend using Wedding Wire instead of The Knot. It has been way more helpful to me than the other wedding planning app.

hilaryf9
9/23/18

Unfortunately, weddingwire really screwed up and will only be getting a 1 star rating for this review. They got rid of the gift tracker and only sent an email out about how they would be getting rid of it. My husband and I lost access to our home recently (long story) so we were not able to access some of our gifts and weddingwire completely ruined this process for us. They sent so many junk emails out that there is no way that we would have caught that email. Customer service response was non-existent. Ridiculous.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Hilary,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We did recently remove a few lower usage tools in order to focus resources on continuing to develop and support our remaining tools. I apologize for any inconvenience, but please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com if you have any additional feedback or questions.

-Lauren
vanessas137
9/20/18

I needed a few changes on my profile and the customer service was just simply amazing. Within 20 minutes the changes were done and confirmed! Also going back to the beginning of when I created my profile, they were great and helpful, also on the phone. I can recommend this website for vendors.

marsham70
9/20/18

I presented Aida with a difficult issue to which she responded promptly, applying her commitment to a high standard of service and excellence seldom encountered in today's marketplace. Aida is an asset to Weddingwire.

sarahv72
9/18/18

Very appreciative for the quick response from Kendra at Weddingwire regarding a login issue we were having. Thank you!

robertd689
9/15/18

This has made planning for a wedding so much easier! Anytime I have an issue tho, they are happy and quick to correct it, or answer any questions I have.

pattied6
9/14/18

We had a credible complaint about a vendor. Weddingwire refuses to post it unless you spend loads of time to verify that review. I can't be bothered..... bottom line all good reviews show up immediately. Individual vendors can keep negative reviews off the site. Not trustworthy in my opinion

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Pattie,

All reviews on WeddingWire, whether positive, neutral, or negative are verified. Once a review is disputed, we just require either a binding contract with both parties signatures OR a proof of payment. We would be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns about your review, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can help.

-Lauren
darbyv2
9/12/18

I got signed up for the wrong membership. When I tried contacting them, NO ONE has responded. I wanted the month-to-month, and I got put in a YEAR subsciption. Now I am stuck and no one has responded to my many emails and calls. I have been completely ghosted. This is a horrible site for vendors. I have not gotten one real wedding inquiry. Do not go on as a vendor. I got many reviews and yet nothing. I have done everything for my SEO yet, nothing. DO NOT get wedding wire. They have horrible customer service for vendors once you are actually an official vendor they do not care about you.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Darby,

We are sorry to hear about your experience! Please reach out to us directly at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to assist you.

-Lauren
chelseam66
9/11/18

A rep by the name of Page was so very helpful! I can't thank her enough. My RSVP link wasn't working and I was in full out panic mode because that is how our guests are to RSVP. She got it linked correctly and I even had someone use it today! YAY!

ashleyb348
9/11/18

My business has a premium account with Wedding Wire and we will not be renewing at the end of our contract. I suspected after a few months that Wedding Wire generates fake leads and click thru website numbers come from account reps who are required to click around our actual website. After reading many other reviews on Pissed Consumer and here on SiteJabber, I am convinced that my suspicions are accurate. In 6 months, I have had a handful of "leads" actually respond. I will go weeks without leads then get 3 or 4 in a single day which is highly suspect. I receive notifications of new reviews for my business, but when I pull up my storefront, they're not there. When I asked Wedding Wire about this, they say something must not have been completed by the reviewer and offer no other solution. This is a waste of my advertising budget. Vendors use your funds more wisely and do not pay for Wedding Wire space.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. WeddingWire has a system in place to help prevent spam or 'fake' leads and does provide tools for vendors to mark a message as spam if it slips through. We would be happy to assist you with your leads and any concerns you may have about reviews. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com with your business information so we can take a look and further assist you.

-Lauren
sj97
9/10/18

Signed up as a paid vendor thinking it would be a decent return. Literally no "real" leads from this site. They were fake. And when I try to cancel my paid subscription, they tell me I'm under contract to fulfill for 6 more months. As if I have to keep paying for a service that doesn't work. $#*!tiest customer service I have dealt with.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi S.J.,

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor. Our contracts are for a full 12 months because the engagement cycle typically lasts 12-16 months and we want to make sure that you see a full return on investment. Have you contacted your Customer Success Representative to work on your listing? Their role is to help you get the most out of your advertising and make sure that you are reaching as many engaged couples as possible. If you need any assistance getting in touch, please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help.

-Lauren
lesliel114
9/4/18

I love this website. It has made planning my wedding a breeze! The customer support is also top notch. I ran into a slight hiccup in linking my registry and the support team got me fixed up in no time. I wasn't given instructions on how to do it, they actually helped by doing it for me and resolving the issue within hours. (Even after a holiday weekend when I'm sure they were slammed.) Wedding Wire ROCKS!

danik12
8/31/18

EVERY time I have a concern I am treated with respect (no matter how silly my question is). I receive prompt and accurate responses. Wedding wire has taken great care of us every step of the way!

theresam160
8/31/18

Excellent support team! One of the best I've ever used. Customer Care Rep Kelly was efficient and took care of my problem immediately.

sheralg1
8/29/18

We signed up for a year of priority website placement. Yes, we were on the top row, top left. And.....only got 3 hits, which all turned out to be bogus clients! We are located in Oahu, Hawaii, the home of the destination wedding for mainland folks. We are one of the ONLY firms offering a variety of musicians and bands. We spent hours and hours buffing up our site, as we were told that our site needed work. Well, that didn't help our stats either. We paid for a year up front, as that was the only option to 'cancel' and get 1/2 of our money back. A monthly subscription for a year does not give you the option to cancel. Now we're hearing "good luck getting your money back". Well, that better not be the case, or I'll see them in court. I will update this post once we see our money......

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Sheral-

We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor! We would be happy to get you in touch with your personal Customer Success Manager to discuss your concerns. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com with your account information so we can help.

-Lauren
jessicar292
8/17/18

WeddingWire had a vendor listed that ended up being a scam. This vendor would book bridal hair and makeup services and then not show up. I found out from a different makeup artist that they were fraudulent when I reached out to her wondering if she knew why the business stopped responding to me a month before my wedding. The BBB shut down this business, but WeddingWire refused to take them off of the site after I informed them of the terrible experience I had and that the vendor was a scammer. The vendor had 200+ reviews, but all of the good reviews must have been sorted towards the top. This is the response that I recieved from WeddingWire after I asked them to remove the vendor from their site:

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear about your experience with this vendor.

As a client of this vendor, you are strongly urged to write a review of your experience. There are many reviews already posted - this is why we keep vendors on our site and tell couples to always read reviews before booking. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmest Regards,
Michelle
WeddingWire Support

They are more focused on receiving money rather than protecting brides, and making brides dream wedding planning easy. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WeddingWire, because you can't trust their vendors to be legitimate businesses. This not only affects brides, but can also lower the reputation of other businesses that subscribe to the site.

jamiet75
8/14/18

The most annoying thing is the continuous emails about the survey. Weddingwire hasn't even completed their business with us and they're hounding us about a survey! It is rude and unprofessional to ask for reviews and vendor information before business is complete. I would not use this site if I were you.

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Jamie,
Thank you for sharing your experience! We do appreciate your feedback and would be happy to make sure the information on your account is correct for you. Sometimes accounts have an outdated or incorrect wedding date which can cause these emails to be sent earlier than necessary. We would also be happy to help unsubscribe you from these emails. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com with the email address associated with your account. We look forward to helping!
pieryvesm
8/13/18

I do not recommend WeddingWire. WeddingWire is not honest in its relationship with its Wedding providers.
My company, created in 1994, films Wedding in France, Europe, Usa, Asia, Etc.
- A few years ago, Wedding Wire proposed us a subscription per month or per year. We chose 3 months. We had a forced subscription of one year.
- When we pay $ 40 per month, Wedding Wire does not inform the Client he will not appear on the Site. We need to pay $ 50 per month.
- We asked to be located on Paris. In fact we were located on San Jose, then on Denver. Despite many complaints, we have never been located in Paris. Consequence: no result for our company.
- WeddingWire does not assume its mistakes. We have never been reimbursed for our subscription.
- WeddingWire does not comply with US and European laws. An account must be deleted at the request of the Customer.
- WeddingWire punishes customers who quit. Wedding Wire has erased our many positive reviews to leave only four including two negative ones.
- Two of our Clients complained to WeddingWire for deleting their reviews. No response from WeddingWire.
We invite anyone to read the positive reviews on our website. Who can think that a director who films in Germany, Belgium, Canada, China, Korea, Spain, France, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, Portugal, Switzerland, USA, is bad ?

Response from Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Hi Pier-Yves,
We are sorry to hear about your experience as an upgraded vendor on WeddingWire. If a business account is deactivated, all personal contact information is removed along with any added content however, once a listing has reviews, the public business name remains to house the reviews. We are unable to remove reviews per a vendor's request, and can only remove reviews that violate our Terms of Use. We would be happy to discuss your concerns or help you dispute any reviews that you believe violate our Terms of Use. Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can help!
lynelg
8/10/18

The customer service at WeddingWire is exceptional. Upon registering you are assigned to a customer service representative who is always there to assist you. They pay close attention to the client's needs.

emilyp137
8/8/18

As a vendor, I was unable to login to my account for some random reason. When I reached out, they responded immediately and even though it says to expect up to two days for a response, they solved the issue within 15 minutes!

lovea8
8/8/18

Wedding wire customer service Is excellent. We were Recently new to their site, And were thrilled at their quick, informative and always helpful response. I highly recommend wedding wire. Love and Light Wedding Officiants.

Unfortunately, we are unable to control which Wedding Website pages that Google decides to index. Your best course of action is to make sure that your profile settings are public and also that you make your website searchable. Once you do so, your guests will be able to search directly on WeddingWire for your website. Make sure that you add your fiance to your account as well, so that your website is searchable by both names!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

You can do this on the main WeddingWire.com page! Click the drop-down menu next to the vendor categories and select 'Search by Business Name'.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Vicki, We do have a validation process for new listings on WeddingWire, this may be why you are not seeing your full storefront yet. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help approve your listing!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Francine, Please reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com with your request and we can remove your review for you!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Tyler, We would be happy to help! Please send your request to us at support@weddingwire.com so we can deactivate your account for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Clio! To leave a review on WeddingWire, we do require an account with basic information such as wedding date, name, and email address. You can deactivate your account at any time, just reach out to us at support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to help!

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

The review process for disputed reviews can take upwards of two weeks before a review is reinstated, provided we receive valid proof of payment or contract to reflect you worked with that vendor. For more information on or review verification process, feel free to read more at https://engagedsupport.weddingwire.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003776706-Disputed-Review-FAQ.

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Gracie! Please write in to support@weddingwire.com and we would be happy to remove the review for you! -Lauren

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Sheyna! Thanks for reaching out to ask. Each household needs at least one guest to be pulled into things such as the RSVP tool, email functionality, etc. If you have any further trouble with this, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at support@weddingwire.com! - Lauren

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative

Hi Emberly! You can rearrange the sections on your wedding page by clicking the gear icon in the lower right corner of the section and selecting the up and down arrows next to 'Re-Order On This Page'. Additionally, please make sure that Chris is added as a user on the account to have both names display on your dashboard! Feel free to write in to support@weddingwire.com with your account information so that one of our support representatives can help you further! -Lauren

By Lauren S., WeddingWire Representative
Questions? Get answers from the WeddingWire staff and other customers.

WeddingWire?