Review of US-Appliance

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

gracew36
4/18/17

They were awesome they deliver my appliance sooner than expected. I saved on tax and free shipping!I do not normally write reviews

marcc37
3/1/17

I was very apprehensive about ordering our new washer/dryer from US Appliance after reading some reviews online. It seemed most of the negative feedback was pertaining to the shipping company used and not US Appliance. I went ahead and ordered because the price was SO much better than HD, Lowes, Sears, etc. I was going to install myself, so the reviews about bad installers did not worry me and I planned on not accepting shipment if the washer/dryer boxes looked like some of the pictures on Yelp. I am so glad I took the chance on US Appliance. I saved over $400 in discounts along with the free shipping and no sales tax. They quoted me 3-5 business days when I ordered on Thursday. The washer/dryer were delivered by ABF freight before noon on Monday. The truck driver was very nice and wheeled the pallet right into the spot I had cleared in my garage. The boxes were in perfect condition and the driver had no problem waiting for me to open them up and inspect for damage before signing. The washer/dryer were in brand new condition with all manuals and accessories included. I installed them yesterday and they are working great. Others may have had bad experiences with delivery time, damage or installers but my experience was fantastic and I plan on purchasing all future appliances from US appliance.

ryanr84
12/26/16

I recently bought an LG TV from these guys which they said would ship within 24 hours. I received an email from them telling me the shipment from LG is delayed by more than 2 weeks. After waiting for almost 3 weeks, they told me the shipment got delayed again for another week. When they finally told me the shipment arrived, i did not receive the TV and they just told me that the number of items they received was not enough for the number of orders they currently have. I asked them for an exact date when they can make the commitment to actually send me my order that they had already charged me for and all they could tell me was that they don't have any further information.

These guys would take your money, make you wait for a month or even more if you don't follow it up, and would not take into account in their inventory or orders from the manufacturer how many units they have or need to fulfill their commitment with their customers.

They are the worst online retailer i have come across and i literally regret doing business with them.

I ordered from amazon and found a seller that does not charge tax and got the items after 2 days.

DO NOT BUY FROM US APPLIANCE!!!

warrenh30
11/27/16

I purchased an LG refridgerator, They charged my credit card, Then I waited for the e-mail with a delivery date.
After 3 weeks I called because I had heard nothing.
I was told they were waiting fir it from LG.
I checked every week with them until week # 7 !
Still claiming it hadn't come in from LG.
I was disgusted for waitin 7 weeks and no fridge.
Csncelled order, went to local Sears, and had it delivered in 2 days !
They take your money up front, and don't deliver the product.

candacec18
9/18/16

My father and I used this company for one of our investment properties a little over a year ago and were very pleased with the service and product we received aside from a little bit of damage to the dishwasher that did not show, so we decided to go with them again for a new apartment we are building for me. I am very unhappy and frustrated (to say the least) with this experience.

It took a month to get the appliances, which was okay at the time as the building was not finished yet. However, they said delivery would be 1-3 weeks and we ordered on July 22nd and received them on August 23rd. We inspected the appliances by cutting off the sides of the boxes and checking for damage. The men who delivered them were behind schedule and were rushing us to finish, but I inspected every side for scratches and dents by cutting the cardboard off the sides with a box cutter. Everything seemed okay at the time, and we signed the delivery papers and the men left.

As we were moving the appliances into the garage, we picked up the oven and noticed the leg was completely bent. (Not noticeable upon first inspection. We set it down and upon further inspection, noticed that the hinge was also bent and the oven does not close at the bottom. This damage was not noticeable until it was picked up off the ground and looked at from the bottom.

I sent two emails to US Appliance (with photos), asking for a resolution to the problem, and both of them were completely ignored. I called and spoke to a woman in customer service who was very rude and they are unwilling to do anything for us. She kept saying that we "failed to adhere to their 24 hour damage policy." I can't report damage I don't know is there. This damage is more than cosmetic and can not be seen until you physically pick up the oven and look underneath. I expected them to be a little more helpful than they were. She told me to call Frigidaire.

I called Frigidaire and they arranged to send one of their authorized technicians to come out and look at the stove. I was told that fixing it may not be covered and I would have to pay out of pocket to fix the stove so it could be used. ( a brand new range, still with it's protective covering.) The technician came out and after looking at the range, told me it was not able to be repaired. He said that because the box was not damaged, this is most likely something that happened in the warehouse and that it was completely structurally damaged and could not be used. It had most likely fallen off a stack in the warehouse. He said it has what is called "concealed damage." He reported it to Frigidaire, who then says that they will NOT be replacing it, to contact the company I bought it from. I called US Appliance again and explained the situation, and they basically told me I am SOL, and they will NOT be replacing it because I do not have the original box it came it. (The one we were told to rip off to inspect the appliances.

I am now without a range oven (even though I paid for one) and having to deal with the credit card company to dispute the charges and possibly have to take it to small claims court.

This company is doing nothing but scamming their customers. They take your money and don't care about what happens after that. Go anywhere but here. I wish I had checked out their Yelp reviews before buying. Many people have the exact same story as I do. I would never have done business with them if I had. Run.

Update: After a lot of headache, I received a refund. It took almost 2 months to get it, so I have been without a stove for that long because I cannot afford a new one until I get my money. Their shipping company no called and no showed the first week they were supposed to get it. After a ton of phone calls and hand-holding they finally came and got the stove last week. Two days later they sent me a refund which still has not yet hit my credit card.

I appreciate that they finally gave me a refund, but it is too little too late for me. I do not like how I was treated and what an inconvenience this entire process was. I will never purchase anything from them again and would never recommend them.

georgetter1
8/16/16

George in Customer Service was Amazing!!

If you are in the market for an appliance, I would highly recommend US Appliances.

Make sure that when you decide to purchase your appliance, you take into consideration your location in the US.

US Appliance is located in Michigan and we are located in Arizona. This being said, US Appliance wants to keep the cost down for their customers and therefore will wait to ship to Arizona until they have enough appliances traveling to the (in my case) Southwest.

So if you plan accordingly and are not in a hurry 3 to 8 weeks) until you need to receive the appliance, this is definitely the place to go!

The Customer Service was professional, courteous and prompt!!

chrisc258
5/23/16

First, I have been a loyal customer for years - until now. Obviously something has changed. I bought a dishwasher ($900) that looked fine when delivered but the stacked something on it or dropped it causing the tub to be out of shape allowing water to leak. After running through hoops (pictures, repair man, etc) they said it was clearly damaged and shouldn't have been installed and it is my problem. Don't buy from these crooks.

nicholass37
1/16/16

Bought over 22,000 worth of appliances- took forever to complete order- one would not start (dishwasher) got nothing but the old run around and the Bosch phone number- took many, many hours on the phone and 5 weeks to get dishwasher repaired- there is no way they were going to exchange it. Don't buy from this company- I will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER buy even a 2 dollar toaster from this company again. Nick Stroud

dd120
12/11/15

I ordered a GE dryer on Monday and had it in my house on Friday in middle of IL and I save $300. perfect!!!

robertm257
11/28/15

The worst web purchase I ever made. I ordered a Speed Queen washer from them on October 11, 2015. The tracking number they provided led to a shipping website which indicated they could not track my delivery. I had to call US to find out why my washer had not been delivered on time. They said they were sorry but did not elaborate. It finally arrived on November 27,2015. The only positive thing to report is the machine was not damaged in transit and the price was good but not worth the hassle.

tomm81
11/13/15

Beware. On 10/31/15 I placed an order for headphones. After a couple of days I checked the status of the order and the website showed that the order had been "rejected". I called and was sent to voice mail where i left a message. I received no return call so I bought headphones elsewhere. Then on 11/6 a charge from US Appliance showed on my bank statement. I called US Appliance and after being transferred back and forth was told that the item had been shipped incorrectly and that they would have to wait until the item came back to maybe give me a credit. Today is 11/13 no headphones no refund. Buyer beware, a lot of mistakes by this company and no attempt to correct the mistakes or provide any type of customer service

thomasl73
11/10/15

If you don't live in some kind of metro area expect your delivery in a tractor/trailer rig with limitations to that size of vehicle getting into and out of your place.
When I asked about a standard size appliance truck they told me it would be a $300 up charge.. This information is not part of your shopping experience, they direct you to another page when you find out after the fact.
Next thing-I ordered LG refrigerator and dishwasher. The dishwasher left items dirty or appeared to make some dirtier and the tub appears to be made out of something other than stainless steel. Like a plastic with painted on chrome /stainless. Stainless steel is a metal not a paint.
Continued- US-A told me there is no return once it's installed, I asked them, how would I find out about the bad cleaning unless I installed it.
I also wanted to return it based on the lack of stainless steel tub. They said there was no returns on cosmetic issues.

georgek61
8/18/15

I ordered a refrigerator, and my credit card was charged, on 7/28/15. The website claimed refrigerators would be delivered in 1 to 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I received an e-mail saying the fridge had been shipped, and it would be another 7 to 10 business days before the delivery firm would contact me to arrange delivery. My 2 calls to the company were unsatisfactory. None of the other reputable internet companies I've dealt with charged me until the items were shipped. It's quite likely that I'll have to pay the credit card charge before I even receive the appliance.

danv8
5/10/15

We purchased a Samsung TV from US-Appliance, it was DOA, when US Appliance couldn't get the they provided no solution we have a no working TV and are out all our money.

dougs39
12/5/14

I have over the past 12-18 months purchased multiple major appliances from US Appliance during a leisurely progressing home renovation project. Their prices are consistently very competitive. Prior transactions other than very slow delivery times in spite of posting charges to my credit card immediately upon placing the order and NOT upon actual shipping have been generally satisfactory. It was not until my must recent order that I came to understand that you truly see the real quality, real business practice of a company not when things are going right but only when they go wrong. I most recently purchased a Bosch electric kitchen range which arrived dented and damaged. The process of resolving this matter showed the true character of a company that is absolutely insensitive to the customers satisfaction, convenience and time. A very significant amount of my time was squandered in the process of resolving this matter which finally occurred only after my disputing the credit card charge with American Express and their involvement. Never again will I do business with US Appliance.

jeffb98
11/23/14

US Appliance claims on their webpage that large appliance orders will be received in between 1 and 3 weeks time. This is simply false. Our delivery is scheduled 31 days after the order was placed, and we don't know yet whether it will actually come by then. We were never notified of any delay and it was only through repeated phone calls that we were told anything. We only received the correct date that the order was even shipped from their store after the third phone call. The prices are reasonable, but the customer service is poor.

hagenb
8/2/14

Really poor customer service. It took a really long time to get the order shipped.

wendyh21
5/18/14

I give this company a zero. The very expensive gas range we purchased for our son for Christmas came with a huge dent in the top. It should be a crime to sell damaged merchandise as new. Do not do business with this company!!!

kylew22
3/11/14

awful awful awful

dylanm31
1/3/14

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM US APPLIANCE! This is the first time I have ever written one of these reviews about a company, but I feel so strongly about the poor service that came from this company that I had to write it. We purchased all of our new appliances (7 items total) from US Appliance because they were undoubtedly cheaper, but the lower cost isn't worth it! They take so long delivering items and they come damaged that it ends up costing the same as other companies when all is said and done.. and you have to wait for literally months to have your items delivered in good condition! We ordered all of our appliances back in October and were promised they would be to us in 2-3 weeks and we still do not have 2 of our items --- 2 1/2 months later. 2 of the items (the most expensive ones) came damaged to us and the delivery company they use is horrendous! Please take my advice and DO NOT order from them. I hope if you do use them that you have better luck than we did, and if you do order expect huge delays and frustration. If they had a zero star rating, that's what I would give them."

gretar
5/17/13

DON'T buy from them. I ordered a washer and dryer and opened them shortly after they arrived and notified them there was damage to the dryer (scratches on one side and out of alignment as if it had been twisted). It happened to be trash day, so in the meantime I put the box at the curb. When I spoke with customer service they would not take it back, would not return my follow up email. You could tell by the questions their person asked were designed to find any reason not to accept a return the appliance.

I wish I had found all the negative reviews prior to ordering from thm. Shame on you US appliance!!! I will never order from them again.....

shanec10
9/16/12

I ordered two range hoods, one of them is a Kobe brand. At the time the site said they carried them and charged me money.

I didn't receive anything for over a week and then they sent me a note asking me to
call them. It took me 3 days to finally get through the waiting and spoke to some one. I was told then they couldn't find me the Kobe hood. When I told them I wanted to cancel the order for both things, the operator said fine in a very rude way. They did send me a cancel notice in email but didn't refund my money until I asked PayPal to resolve dispute.

It's a very bad experience and won't use them again.

kathyr9
6/20/12

Ordered it (clothes Dryer) because of good price...However after many days still said processing online. I called and was told 10 more days to get it to N.Y. and then they would expedite to me because of the wait...Long story short over a month! To get it to New York Their warehouse. Then to me in GA. You can get stuff from other countries faster than that....So I cancelled the order. I was also told by US Appliance this clothes dryer was on back order in the whole U.S. Called HH Greg ordered it today will be in by ten am friday They had 15 of them in Atlanta. US Appliance lies!

chrism53
4/11/12

Avoid at all costs! They don't stand behind their merchandise or their shipping. Damaged goods? Too bad, you're on your own. The internet is a big place. Keep shopping. Deal with a company that values your business. Stay away!

deniseh2
3/1/12

I ordered a Refridgerator in January, recieved it and it wouldn't turn on. Called the company and they made US call a local repair seervice. Took another week to get him here. Turns out the motherboard is broken. They REFUSED to replace it and I was told I have to have a new part put in. So I guess my brand new appliance is now a repaired appliance. Well I was told the part would take 2 weeks. Talked to them today and was told the end of March. No one will do ANYTHING to help us, our fridge is still sitting in the kitchen. NEVER order from here, go to your local appliance dealers. We have no recourse, not a thing will be done. They refuse to replace it. The difference in cost was under a hundred dollars and the trouble is SO not worth it. Again, pay a few dollars extra to get much better customer service!!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the US-Appliance staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Michelle F.
on 2/12/16
Answer
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the US-Appliance staff and other customers.

US-Appliance?