US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

georgetter1
8/16/16

George in Customer Service was Amazing!!

If you are in the market for an appliance, I would highly recommend US Appliances.

Make sure that when you decide to purchase your appliance, you take into consideration your location in the US.

US Appliance is located in Michigan and we are located in Arizona. This being said, US Appliance wants to keep the cost down for their customers and therefore will wait to ship to Arizona until they have enough appliances traveling to the (in my case) Southwest.

So if you plan accordingly and are not in a hurry 3 to 8 weeks) until you need to receive the appliance, this is definitely the place to go!

The Customer Service was professional, courteous and prompt!!

chrisc258
5/23/16

First, I have been a loyal customer for years - until now. Obviously something has changed. I bought a dishwasher ($900) that looked fine when delivered but the stacked something on it or dropped it causing the tub to be out of shape allowing water to leak. After running through hoops (pictures, repair man, etc) they said it was clearly damaged and shouldn't have been installed and it is my problem. Don't buy from these crooks.

nicholass37
1/16/16

Bought over 22,000 worth of appliances- took forever to complete order- one would not start (dishwasher) got nothing but the old run around and the Bosch phone number- took many, many hours on the phone and 5 weeks to get dishwasher repaired- there is no way they were going to exchange it. Don't buy from this company- I will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER buy even a 2 dollar toaster from this company again. Nick Stroud

dd120
12/11/15

I ordered a GE dryer on Monday and had it in my house on Friday in middle of IL and I save $300. perfect!!!

robertm257
11/28/15

The worst web purchase I ever made. I ordered a Speed Queen washer from them on October 11, 2015. The tracking number they provided led to a shipping website which indicated they could not track my delivery. I had to call US to find out why my washer had not been delivered on time. They said they were sorry but did not elaborate. It finally arrived on November 27,2015. The only positive thing to report is the machine was not damaged in transit and the price was good but not worth the hassle.

tomm81
11/13/15

Beware. On 10/31/15 I placed an order for headphones. After a couple of days I checked the status of the order and the website showed that the order had been "rejected". I called and was sent to voice mail where i left a message. I received no return call so I bought headphones elsewhere. Then on 11/6 a charge from US Appliance showed on my bank statement. I called US Appliance and after being transferred back and forth was told that the item had been shipped incorrectly and that they would have to wait until the item came back to maybe give me a credit. Today is 11/13 no headphones no refund. Buyer beware, a lot of mistakes by this company and no attempt to correct the mistakes or provide any type of customer service

thomasl73
11/10/15

If you don't live in some kind of metro area expect your delivery in a tractor/trailer rig with limitations to that size of vehicle getting into and out of your place.
When I asked about a standard size appliance truck they told me it would be a $300 up charge.. This information is not part of your shopping experience, they direct you to another page when you find out after the fact.
Next thing-I ordered LG refrigerator and dishwasher. The dishwasher left items dirty or appeared to make some dirtier and the tub appears to be made out of something other than stainless steel. Like a plastic with painted on chrome /stainless. Stainless steel is a metal not a paint.
Continued- US-A told me there is no return once it's installed, I asked them, how would I find out about the bad cleaning unless I installed it.
I also wanted to return it based on the lack of stainless steel tub. They said there was no returns on cosmetic issues.

georgek61
8/18/15

I ordered a refrigerator, and my credit card was charged, on 7/28/15. The website claimed refrigerators would be delivered in 1 to 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I received an e-mail saying the fridge had been shipped, and it would be another 7 to 10 business days before the delivery firm would contact me to arrange delivery. My 2 calls to the company were unsatisfactory. None of the other reputable internet companies I've dealt with charged me until the items were shipped. It's quite likely that I'll have to pay the credit card charge before I even receive the appliance.

danv8
5/10/15

We purchased a Samsung TV from US-Appliance, it was DOA, when US Appliance couldn't get the they provided no solution we have a no working TV and are out all our money.

dougs39
12/5/14

I have over the past 12-18 months purchased multiple major appliances from US Appliance during a leisurely progressing home renovation project. Their prices are consistently very competitive. Prior transactions other than very slow delivery times in spite of posting charges to my credit card immediately upon placing the order and NOT upon actual shipping have been generally satisfactory. It was not until my must recent order that I came to understand that you truly see the real quality, real business practice of a company not when things are going right but only when they go wrong. I most recently purchased a Bosch electric kitchen range which arrived dented and damaged. The process of resolving this matter showed the true character of a company that is absolutely insensitive to the customer’s satisfaction, convenience and time. A very significant amount of my time was squandered in the process of resolving this matter which finally occurred only after my disputing the credit card charge with American Express and their involvement. Never again will I do business with US Appliance.

jeffb98
11/23/14

US Appliance claims on their webpage that large appliance orders will be received in between 1 and 3 weeks time. This is simply false. Our delivery is scheduled 31 days after the order was placed, and we don't know yet whether it will actually come by then. We were never notified of any delay and it was only through repeated phone calls that we were told anything. We only received the correct date that the order was even shipped from their store after the third phone call. The prices are reasonable, but the customer service is poor.

hagenb
8/2/14

Really poor customer service. It took a really long time to get the order shipped.

wendyh21
5/18/14

I give this company a zero. The very expensive gas range we purchased for our son for Christmas came with a huge dent in the top. It should be a crime to sell damaged merchandise as new. Do not do business with this company!!!

kylew22
3/11/14

awful awful awful

dylanm31
1/3/14

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM US APPLIANCE! This is the first time I have ever written one of these reviews about a company, but I feel so strongly about the poor service that came from this company that I had to write it. We purchased all of our new appliances (7 items total) from US Appliance because they were undoubtedly cheaper, but the lower cost isn't worth it! They take so long delivering items and they come damaged that it ends up costing the same as other companies when all is said and done.. and you have to wait for literally months to have your items delivered in good condition! We ordered all of our appliances back in October and were promised they would be to us in 2-3 weeks and we still do not have 2 of our items --- 2 1/2 months later. 2 of the items (the most expensive ones) came damaged to us and the delivery company they use is horrendous! Please take my advice and DO NOT order from them. I hope if you do use them that you have better luck than we did, and if you do order expect huge delays and frustration. If they had a zero star rating, that's what I would give them."

gretar
5/17/13

DON'T buy from them. I ordered a washer and dryer and opened them shortly after they arrived and notified them there was damage to the dryer (scratches on one side and out of alignment as if it had been twisted). It happened to be trash day, so in the meantime I put the box at the curb. When I spoke with customer service they would not take it back, would not return my follow up email. You could tell by the questions their person asked were designed to find any reason not to accept a return the appliance.

I wish I had found all the negative reviews prior to ordering from thm. Shame on you US appliance!!! I will never order from them again.....

shanec10
9/16/12

I ordered two range hoods, one of them is a Kobe brand. At the time the site said they carried them and charged me money.

I didn't receive anything for over a week and then they sent me a note asking me to
call them. It took me 3 days to finally get through the waiting and spoke to some one. I was told then they couldn't find me the Kobe hood. When I told them I wanted to cancel the order for both things, the operator said fine in a very rude way. They did send me a cancel notice in email but didn't refund my money until I asked PayPal to resolve dispute.

It's a very bad experience and won't use them again.

kathyr9
6/20/12

Ordered it (clothes Dryer) because of good price...However after many days still said processing online. I called and was told 10 more days to get it to N.Y. and then they would expedite to me because of the wait...Long story short over a month! To get it to New York Their warehouse. Then to me in GA. You can get stuff from other countries faster than that....So I cancelled the order. I was also told by US Appliance this clothes dryer was on back order in the whole U.S. Called HH Greg ordered it today will be in by ten am friday They had 15 of them in Atlanta. US Appliance lies!

chrism53
4/11/12

Avoid at all costs! They don't stand behind their merchandise or their shipping. Damaged goods? Too bad, you're on your own. The internet is a big place. Keep shopping. Deal with a company that values your business. Stay away!

deniseh2
3/1/12

I ordered a Refridgerator in January, recieved it and it wouldn't turn on. Called the company and they made US call a local repair seervice. Took another week to get him here. Turns out the motherboard is broken. They REFUSED to replace it and I was told I have to have a new part put in. So I guess my brand new appliance is now a repaired appliance. Well I was told the part would take 2 weeks. Talked to them today and was told the end of March. No one will do ANYTHING to help us, our fridge is still sitting in the kitchen. NEVER order from here, go to your local appliance dealers. We have no recourse, not a thing will be done. They refuse to replace it. The difference in cost was under a hundred dollars and the trouble is SO not worth it. Again, pay a few dollars extra to get much better customer service!!

kimk11
2/2/12

I ordered two expensive machines from them--an LG washer and dryer. When the washer came damaged, they did nothing to help me. Their customer service was indignant and their delivery horrible. They claim that I didn't report the damage (which could not be seen from the outside of the box) to them within 24 hours--which I had. Their "Best" was for me to pay to ship it back and restock it. Then they might consider giving me some money back. Insulting in every way.

jimr11
1/19/12

It isn't the website per-say it is the merchant behind it US Appliance.
Beware Ordering from US Appliance. I won't saw they are CROOKS or Con men. But what they do is very close to unethical.
I was very hesitant using US Appliance, because of the recent reviews of customers waiting weeks for their appliances only to be informed that their order was cancelled. On 12/31/2011, I placed an order from US Appliance for a Whirlpool stainless steel double convection oven. On January 19, 2012 I receive an email informing me that my order was cancelled and it would be 2-3 days before I would have the refund credited back to my charge card. In my case US Appliance was no help in finding any replacement for the Whirlpool Double Oven I ordered. From other review sites that I have looked at this seems to be Standard Operating Procedure at US Appliance. "

adanp1
1/18/12

Horrible customer service. If you have to make a return they are going to rake you over the coals. I suspect they are very small, like less than 10 employees. Only 1 sales person and 1 customer service person...

bdj
11/25/11

"Beware of this company, i have filed a compliant with the BBB because US Appliance is a False Advertising/Bait and Switch scam company. I purchased a tv and received a conformation email detailing my order. The next day I receive this letter:

"We apologize but at the time you placed your order, the price of the item listed below was incorrect on our website. Due to this issue, we have canceled the order. No further action is required on your part and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

PN59D550 Samsung 59" Series 5 Plasma 3D 1080p HDTV

Please do not respond to this email as this is an unmonitored account. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us toll free at 877-628-9913. "

Emailed to complain with no answer!.

Called to inquire into why it was cancelled and was told I am SOL! Rude salesperson answered.

DO NOT BUY from this company. They could care less about customer satisfaction!!!

From what i found online, US Appliance has price errors often and I mean often! They do this to drive traffic to their website in hopes you will buy other products as well. These are not actual price errors, but a False Advertising/Bait and Switch scam to get you to visit their website. Considering the number of "price errors" means one of two things: 1.) the are guity of False Advertising or 2.) it is actual human errors as they claim. However, considering their business is being an E-Retailer they would have procedures in place to limit this from occuring time and time again. So either they are the WORST managed company on the internet and should not be trusted or they are in fact committing False Advertising crimes to drive traffic to their website. I am very disappointed in their business practices and would advise everyone to avoid this company.

leonardr1
5/20/11

I purchased a GE Builders Special Appliance Package.
Three appliances were stainless steel with black sides and trim and one appliance was stainless steel with light gray sides. They are unacceptable for use in any kitchen as a set.
The company was contacted but was not helpfull.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the US-Appliance staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2/12/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
8/11/10
Answer
michellef73
A: Their website states there is a 60 day refund policy. A one day claim policy makes there 60 day refund policy false/deceptive advertising.
2/12/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the US-Appliance staff and other customers.

Similar Pages