Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

adamk87
3/1/17

Holloway Road Branch they sell Ram, Hard drive when you exchange or refund they will tell you that they have to test it then they will tell you they don't have the facility to test it in their branch they will send you fare away branches the put you off from the exchange no business ethic their manager lies all the time worst company in the U.K. Total scam

jaym180
12/28/16

Looked on there web site to sell my old 2 iPhones
You can chose from (condition) good, poor, faulty so chose poor due to scratches and went to store and they offer faulty price,
So went next door to game and got better price

laurag118
12/6/16

Total ripoff. Went in today with a phone with a tiny scratch, a brand new tablet that I got free with my new phone and an iphone in great condition. They wanted the brand new tablet for £15, which is ridiculous. They wanted the iphone for £38, which is fair enough. Then they said they would give 1p for the phone, after quoting £60 on their website.
I took the phone back but we decided to sell the iphone and tablet. An hour later, after their tests, they decided they didn't want the tablet because the charger was usb. Then they knocked £10 off the iphone price.
Long story short, we will not be returning to CeX, in Norwich or otherwise.
Also, we were served by the most monotonous man imaginable, who mumbled every word and tried to buy everything for just £15.

avictimo
11/10/16

NEVER EVER deal with these sharks! They send out dangerous and faulty goods, goods that are nothing like the descriptions on their website, and if you complain, you can only contact a so-called "helpline" (just an email address) in India. I have reported them to Trading Standards and I hope that they will be closed down. SHAME ON YOU CEX, YOU ARE CON ARTISTS!!!! Prospective buyers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

garyc120
10/3/16

The iMac computer i purchased from CEX was in good condition, but was expecting an Apple keyboard and mouse. I received a tatty black Dell keyboard and a 2004 Apple mouse (that was faulty). The image showed computer with Apple keyboard and mouse and in the description it mentioned the same. Now they have changed all their pictures to display just the computer. Customer service is shocking and just quote company policies. I've returned my purchase as not happy with my experience. Never buying from CEX again.

Tip for consumers: Read the small print..

aideng8
3/21/16

i sold 5 ps4 games to them, and they have had them for over 2weeks, but they still have no giving me my money or voucher, still says waiting testing,
ive sent several emails, some get ignored and other they sent me back 3 word email saying email someone else,
stay away from these, i will never use this company again, they still have my items worth £40!!!

melaniev5
3/5/16

We have been customers of CEX in Warrington Cheshire for a few years. My husband is an avid gamer and we both like our gadgets. I bought my iPad from CEX after trading an old one in around 18 months ago and couldn't be happier with the service of the staff and the quality of the item purchased. The same goes for any games we've purchased after trading items in.
A year ago before our wedding we looked into buying a GoPro camera to use while we were away (we got married abroad and do a lot of watersports), so when one popped up in the shop window of CEX we snapped it up. We couldn't be happier with the product and ended up getting awesome videos and pictures, so much so we created our own wedding video; thus saving a fortune on a videographer.
We went to NYC for our honeymoon, and again captured the best moments on the GoPro. When we booked our holiday to Mexico for 2016 we decided that because we had used the GoPro Hero 2 to such an extent, it was maybe time to get another GoPro.
We read into it and decided the GoPro Hero 4 Silver was the best suited product for our needs. We were once again wanting to use it for water sports therefore the LCD screen would come in handy. Also, we would have a camera each, capture double the shots whilst diving.
My husband had just upgraded his iPhone, so took his old one into CEX Warrington. The staff were very helpful (as always) and tested the item. Whilst they were testing the item the advisor asked my husband whether he wanted store credit or cash. They'd had a long conversation about GoPro's and how we'd thought we would upgrade before going to Mexico. She looked online and said that a Grade A GoPro 4 Silver was in stock and that if he traded the phone for credit he would receive £145. He decided to go for the store credit with the idea of when he got home to order the item. When he got home, he ordered the item.
After waiting several days for the item to arrive, we received what I can only describe as a bundle of foul smelling bubble wrap which looked like it had been screwed up and taped together for someone to throw into the bin. We opened the item, it was a Grade B GoPro 4 Black Edition. It also smelt, and had no accessories with it. The casing was extremely scratched and the memory card door was completely missing - exposing the memory card slot.
The item was poorly presented, smelt foul; and was the wrong item. We were annoyed, but also upset that the item we had looked forward to taking on a walk up Snowdon that weekend did not arrive. Jack decided to email the after sales team to advise them. However, we are still yet to receive a reply - it has been 5 days since we received the item.
We decided that as we have always received great service from the Warrington branch of CEX we would visit with the item and ask if they could exchange it for the correct item.
We spoke to an Advisor who was extremely helpful and very honest about the state of the company. He said that items being sent out without parts and in poorer condition than expected was a regular occurrence - also, the norm for CEX.
He said that he would refund the item and repay my husbands CEX account with the store credit he'd gotten from his phone trade in. He advised that we would have to wait until the item came back into stock to reorder it. He looked on the CEX website and found one store which had the item in stock. He tried to call the store, however he could not find a valid phone number on the system. He then found a different number for someone that worked at that branch and called them - they advised that someone else had already purchased the product.
At this point we realised that CEX had over £100 of our cash tied up in their company with no way of getting it back. I asked if we could have the cash value of the phone originally traded in - to be told this cannot be done.
He also tried to contact the online team who answer the incoming emails to try and trigger a response about our order. He said that the team were 'overwhelmed' with emails and rarely give a response to customers. Whilst waiting he explained the way in which CEX runs its online business. He said that CEX head office use a different till system to the rest of the shops therefore communications are sometimes 'lost'.
He managed to finally get through to someone who answers the emails and said that he was 'writing a reply as we speak' to my husband. We are still yet to receive the email; or any written confirmation or correspondence from CEX.
Now, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place with no camera, and no cash to put towards a camera sold by a different company. I stated all of this to the advisor in the Warrington branch, who said that there's no way of us getting our money back and also no way of forward ordering the item, so that when it eventually did by chance come into stock into one of the stores; we could have it. Oh no, no help for us. No camera for our holiday in Mexico next month.
The company is a joke. As is the way in which it operates. We want our money back to shop elsewhere.

damiend13

1/26/16

Bueno volveré a ir

davidf149
1/26/16

My son wanted Disney Infinite 2 for Xbox 360 so Cex near us has 3 in stock. Guy was very friendly and got us a boxed version.

My son opened it on his birthday and tried it but it wouldn't recognise the characters. We restarted it and went through the 15 minute into gameplay again and it still wouldn't read the characters.

My son was upset but we said we'll sort it and duly went back to the shop and explained the problem. After he swapped the contents from ours with an unboxed one, I decided to check the game was in, and it was.

It was this point where my son said that the other disc was white and I realised the first person had in fact given us the game for version 1 and not 2.

At least they sorted it but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Sigh.

andrews175
1/2/16

I bought some games out of Cex. Staff Kyle R from Sunderland high street, I love Cex

zoeb8
12/20/15

Brilliant

mikelt4
12/12/15

Estoi muy satisfecho

tracym79
12/8/15

I brought a second hand Xbox one headset from my local in Walsall. The first on didn't work brought into shop exchanged for another one, which also was not working returned to store and got a full refund on 07/12/15. Just be careful when buying second items

med70
11/26/15

I want to know if I can trust them with my Internal Hard Drive from last computer, which they say "would ALL be cleaned & wiped off" now that I want to get rid of it all?

bs59
5/17/15

I 'sold' two HTC mobiles to CeX/WeBuy. One was returned to me broken. However the phone they returned was one I sent them. They promised to look into this but never did. And the other they never paid me for. I tried for 3 months to get the money or my phone back, I got nothing other than emails apologising and saying they were looking into it, or that a cheque was on the way, or the cheque must have been sent to the wrong address

So in sum, CeX/WeBuy stole two mobile phones from me. There are better companies out there. Good luck.

lindah85
5/11/15

seems the rules are changeable! Beware their voucher system when you return DVDs bought from the shop - the voucher equates to the cost of the DVD if returned within 48 hours, ensuring you spend it in the shop. Fair enough, there will always be those times when you slip outside that time frame and receive a lot less. But do it too many times and the voucher system is withdrawn!!!!!!

anilu
2/5/15

idea

jamesb105
6/30/13

Well, if you go in store to buy a game or DVD then it's ok as you can see what you're getting and they can be cheap.

For anything else I would avoid like the plague.

The online side of it is dreadful. I ordered some RAM from them, but when it arrived it was the wrong thing. So, I dutifully notified them and opted to return it to them by recorded delivery which they said they would reimburse me for.
I waited. And waited. And waited. After a month I still hadn't heard anything (even though I know they had received my item). I emailed them and the said they were busy at the moment and would deal with it when they could. I pointed out that they had a legal obligation to resolve the issue within 30 days of me returning the product, which had since passed, and they replied that they'd do it when they got round to it. Several emails and weeks later the situation was the same, and so I said that I simply wanted a refund as I was going to buy the RAM from somewhere else.
3 months later I am still waiting for a refund for both the cost of purchase, and for the cost of my return postage. Keep getting nonsense emails fobbing me off. Infuriates me as I know that if I had taken something from CEX and wasn't giving it back I'd have the police round my door in a couple of days.
The long and short of it is that big companies are above the law and that the public are worthless cretins (in the eyes of companies and authorities).

I've stopped trading in games because every game I took in, the staff member would tell me that it was scratched (even though I look after my games extremely well and it was in the exact state that I received it off CEX a couple of weeks earlier) and thus they would only give me 50p instead of £4. I said forget it, but this has happened so many times now with perfectly good games that I think that it is merely a scheme to do people out of money as a lot of people will just say 'Oh, ok then'.

Avoid them before they screw you over, because sooner or later they will.

joek25
4/4/13

22 days in and yet to receive my product. Absolutely uselss and unprofessional. No method of communication whatsoever. Avoid this company at all costs.

adamt24
1/13/13

Recently I purchased a 7200RPM 500GB SATAII Hard Drive from the CeX online store. The checkout went smoothly, and my order was despatched the next day.

When the item arrived, to my delight the packaging was exceptional! A (folded over) jiffy bag, followed by two layers of bubble wrap and two paper bags would ensure that any hard drive would survive the punishment of Royal Mail.

When the hard drive was revealed, I was astounded to find out that it was a Segate hard drive (In my opinion the best brand). But, on inspection, I found out that this particular hard drive had only an RPM of 5900 (As it was an energy saving model) I let this slide, because of the cheap price and hooked it up to my PC. No bad sectors, and it was a VERY quick drive in benchmarks.

All in all, a brilliant experience. Just a shame it wasn't what was advertised on the website.

harryb5
4/4/11

Only used it as a buyer, but not impressed. Prices are good and delivery is free but it can take AGES for anything to arrive, and customer service is almost non-existent!

jillg2
10/18/10

i think this is the worst website i have ever been on! go on it if you want to loose alot of money and be messed about.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
simont30
Simon T.
on 3/23/16
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?