Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

jons181
8/12/17

Brought a phone from them that they stated as mint but not so phone was broken so back cover would not clip to it ,also faulty battery swollen through age and to top it all locked out so all pretty useless really, still waiting on refund . I doubt if this phone was inspected at any length before distribution .please don't buy phone from them you would be better off using a homing pigeon with a message on its leg to communicate with your mates.

jonathant60
7/22/17

I have read some really great reviews

I have read some really great reviews on here regarding CEX and I know some of their staff are excellent also but my experience has been abysmal!

All I wanted to do was to buy a certain lens from a particular branch, there were only 2 items of this kind in the UK so how hard could this have been to arrange via online.

I have in the past ordered a lens from CEX and it arrived faulty and un-boxed (nothing mentioned in the description what so ever) so once bitten twice shy as they say. So in future unless it was a boxed item I was not interested.

So I sent 4 emails initially via the CEX online Support portal to which I received absolutely no reply, so ever the optimist I decided to place the order hoping that my emails had been noted and that when the order was placed they would choose the correct lens from the correct store.

But, this is where I assumed incorrectly as the then told me that they were going to send me the lens from the incorrect store at which point I asked surely you could just change the store from which it has been sent seeing as there is only 2 in the whole country, the response after nearly 2 hours was no I basically had to have that one, amazing that no longer does the buyer of an item have the right to chose which product he receives even after he has paid!!

So, to cut an already rather long story short at this point in time I have no lens, no money, and no responses to my emails letting me know whats happening to my refund or anything??

All I wanted to do was buy a lens ...... simple really but with CEX apparently not!!

EXTREMELY UNIMPRESSED BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE!!!!

jamiep66
7/5/17

I have uploaded an E-mail to show you how they justify getting away with this. Basically I was having a quick look through CEX's electrical goods when I spotted a Pokémon Go plus device Being sold for £44.50 second hand when you can pick one of these up on Amazon Brand new for £39.60. CEX is an absolute RIP I'm still trying to find something to buy with a £35 voucher I was given after I had been told a specific graphics card would fit my P.c and it didn't, likewise with the ram I was told to buy. Never once had a reply from CEX I just think that they are Con men in sheep's clothing.

andrewm236
7/3/17

Bought the phone it was broken wouldn't take it back had the phone 2 weeks hope u go out of business you scum bags

shannuns1
6/28/17

i made a purchase in mid march/ April i handed £520 in cash to buy a grade A IPhone 6s plus and pleased with the phone at first, after two weeks of having the phone the was blocked and reported stolen.

i was not aware of the policy so i went to the store to ask for a full refund, i was then told by the manger in the wood green branch the is nothing he was able to do i asked him if there is any way to refund because of the circumstances if its possible to give back the £520 the manger then replied no.

i was pregnant and was going through health issues and pregnancy i was receiving hospital appointment and job interviews through this phone which i was the only way i was anyone was able to connect me.

later on they said they will exchange my phone for a down grade, but i forced to pay the same price as i was desperate, with no money to buy another phone nor was getting back my money - was not even any help or any other alternative- so the only choice i had was to exchange my phone for a IPhone 6s i was ensured that there was nothing faulty with the phone just a scratch on the phone.

after less than 4 months of having the phone i had purchased started to play up when i would touch the screen it would not work and so i brought the phone back to get it fixed - at this point i was extremely disappointed due to the fact i was told that there was nothing work with this phone and this was the second time me complaining- at this point i was heavily pregnant and was told that the phone had to be checked and it would take a DAY. The following day i was told to come as they were trying the figure out what was wrong with the phone, so i came back for the third day asking the phone because i had appointments due to the fact that my breathing was getting worse due to the asthma and i had swelling on my legs, hands and feet i had to walk for 30mins three days straight.

the third day i was given back the phone and was told by the manager himself that if its faulty again that i would be able to get my money back. I turn on my phone and returned back to the shop because once again the phone was not fixed. I was then told by the manager there is nothing he can do and i he could not exchange nor refund me for my phone after i was told i could.

this whole experience has added to my anxiety and depression because i throughout this whole process i lost £520, hospital appointments - which could of seriously effected me and my unborn baby- and wiped out all of my job information i needed which lost me money.

Wednesday 28th June 2017 one year after purchasing my first phone i went back to cex because phone has been blocked again, but refused by the manager for it to be checked and was told that he could not take no further actions and i will not be able to get money back. Now i have the baby i'm still having problems and i'm a extremely angry customer who feels something should be done immediately !!!

maxm110
5/31/17

I ordered a handful of anime dvds using there online website. 1 out of 7 turned up in acceptable condition...... A good majority had replacement cases with fake covers attached which looked like they had been printed on an early 2000's inkjet printer. Disc was authentic, everything else wasn't. One dvd turned up with the disc holder completely broken, disc rattling about inside, severely scratched the front cover plastered in sticker residue from many failed attempts to peel the previous price tags off ASWELL as the dvd cover being inside out for some reason?

Tip for consumers: Be very cautious ordering online from them. My experience is 6 out of 7 times there's going to be some serious faults with the product.......

jessa60
5/16/17

Have just been completely mugged off by CEX.

I bought an Alcatel flip phone in the Brighton store for £18. But when I realised I bought the wrong phone, (was actually intending to buy one with a camera attached to it) I went to the Worthing store, expecting to return the phone or even exchange it for the correct mobile.

I was then told that CEX do not allow items to be returned unless they are faulty, even though this item was untouched, still in the packaging, receipt included, charger still wrapped up.

& even though their online Terms & Conditions state that items can be returned within 14 days, I had to sell the phone back to the store for £10 less than I had bought it for 3 days earlier.

It's so disappointing as I have been a big time CEX fan for many years and am always recommending to friends and family.

freakkf
5/8/17

I brought a PS3 it to their store in Lewisham (London), they said they would test it and never called me back. They did not leave a phone number and If you wait longer than 14 days before going back to the store, they claim they can "dispose of the goods the way they deem fit", meaning they sold it and they do not give you anything. Just a bunch of thieves.

cameronm49
5/1/17

CEX has never let me down ever...it has the friendleist staff who will always help you make the right decisions on consols E.T.C. they also have a huge variaty of games from brand new to the timeless classics it all so has dvds i hugely admire the concept of CEX it is efectivly a black market for gamers of all genres and has exilent choice and i have never been let down or dissipointed when visiting CEX and it desevres more than its current rating so if u go out to buy or sell games CEX is definetly the place to go

jond93
4/24/17

Have a voucher from one of their stores. Despite inputting the data correctly it refuses to accept the voucher. It is pointless attempting to contact their customer support: you will simply get a standard reply saying how too chase up an order; if it's something else `click here'. You guessed it the `click here doesn't work. Just like the button on submit the voucher.

Now faced with a long journey to one of their stores where the dvd box set I want is, so I can use the voucher. Needless to say will avoid in the future.

cathyn24
4/15/17

My partner purchased a phone for me from CEX with a 2 year guarantee. 3 months later the front was coming away from the main baby. I took it back and was told it would be sent of for repair. I was told 7 days, 3 weeks later and still waiting I was told they were waiting for a part. Then after 1 month I was returned my phone being told they were not repairing it as it was water damaged ! My phone hasn't even been I my steamy bathroom. The guarantee means nothing, they tell a load of gob $#*!e when they can't repair a phone or maybe it was too e pensive to repair , DONT buy phones from here, your chancing your luck,

lewisg28
4/6/17

where do i start on the absolute shambles of an experience i had selling a console. First up was the 'no money' lie which went something like 'im sorry sir £65 is a rediculous amount of money for a store to have in a till, we need to send it via bank transfer' to which i inquired about the processing time where in comes the second wave of bull, 'since its a thursday if your lucky tomorrow but probably monday', i could have lived with that but lets keep going. Obviously my bank account was still empty friday so flash forward to monday ..... nothing, thought about phoning them to find out after a little google search they have no instore phone lines and there facebook is overflowing with unhappy customers, what a great choice i had made, what about tuesday .... nothing, maybe wednesday? nothing, its got to be thursday right? empty, a new email though 'we tried to phone you, your console has failed testing' i check my phone to see no new numbers have called or tried to call me this week while also thinking if there ever was a time my console even froze nevermind didnt work, but alas no time popped to mind.
My advice? Go read one of the many pages where unhappy customers are building up on and realise you need to go somewhere else

Tip for consumers: Top Tip - Cex, get a phone line, like I shouldnt even have to tell you that as a business. Just because you dont hear complaints doesnt mean they are not there, ignorance isnt bliss if your profits depend on it

debc37
3/30/17

I went through website selling half my DVD collection (keeping my favourites). I don't use them and thought why have them cluttering the place up. The site is easy to use.

I chose to receive payment via voucher as I had in mind to purchase 2 Google Chromecasts from them with the proceeds of the DVDs.

I packed up and posted them on the Tuesday (sent them via Collect and Plus) and received the voucher Sunday evening. I received emails letting me know they'd received the DVDs and when they had finished testing them. I also had prompt replies to a couple of questions I had regarding the transaction.

I purchased 2 x C ratings' of Google Chromecast, as the previous reviews of C graded items were good. I wasn't disappointed.

I think 1 product came with original cables and neither had original packaging, which didn't bother me in the slightest. Other than that, they're in mint condition and work brilliantly.

I can now use my TV more than my laptop or phone, as I can now "cast" everything to the TV.

UPDATE: I've been that impressed, that I've now packaged up all my remaining DVDs and sent them off too. I'm embracing the digital world. Now that I have Chromecasts, DVDs really aren't needed.

I was very impatient with them, yet they were professional, polite and patient with me over a query I had. I really can't fault them.

Tip for consumers: Allow 48 hours for queries (unlike me who expected immediate response) they will answer you, they will help you.

adamk87
3/1/17

Bad Customer services
Bad refund policy
Bad customer response
No telephone available to call customer service
Refund policy is scam
Employee never keep their promises and lie all the time
Store manager always hides in back office
Most of their goods are pre owned there is a high risk of getting defected goods and their refund policy is scam you try to contact no telephone but they have an online form but the customer service is so poor.
If you want to buy from them you have to be a solicitor specialised in consumer law or a Judge working in the local county court or a local MP as it will be easy for them to penalise them for all wrong doing.
SCAM 100% Good luck spending hard earned money to this incompetent company

jaym180
12/28/16

Looked on there web site to sell my old 2 iPhones
You can chose from (condition) good, poor, faulty so chose poor due to scratches and went to store and they offer faulty price,
So went next door to game and got better price

laurag118
12/6/16

Total ripoff. Went in today with a phone with a tiny scratch, a brand new tablet that I got free with my new phone and an iphone in great condition. They wanted the brand new tablet for £15, which is ridiculous. They wanted the iphone for £38, which is fair enough. Then they said they would give 1p for the phone, after quoting £60 on their website.
I took the phone back but we decided to sell the iphone and tablet. An hour later, after their tests, they decided they didn't want the tablet because the charger was usb. Then they knocked £10 off the iphone price.
Long story short, we will not be returning to CeX, in Norwich or otherwise.
Also, we were served by the most monotonous man imaginable, who mumbled every word and tried to buy everything for just £15.

avictimo
11/10/16

NEVER EVER deal with these sharks! They send out dangerous and faulty goods, goods that are nothing like the descriptions on their website, and if you complain, you can only contact a so-called "helpline" (just an email address) in India. I have reported them to Trading Standards and I hope that they will be closed down. SHAME ON YOU CEX, YOU ARE CON ARTISTS!!!! Prospective buyers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

garyc120
10/3/16

The iMac computer i purchased from CEX was in good condition, but was expecting an Apple keyboard and mouse. I received a tatty black Dell keyboard and a 2004 Apple mouse (that was faulty). The image showed computer with Apple keyboard and mouse and in the description it mentioned the same. Now they have changed all their pictures to display just the computer. Customer service is shocking and just quote company policies. I've returned my purchase as not happy with my experience. Never buying from CEX again.

Tip for consumers: Read the small print..

aideng8
3/21/16

i sold 5 ps4 games to them, and they have had them for over 2weeks, but they still have no giving me my money or voucher, still says waiting testing,
ive sent several emails, some get ignored and other they sent me back 3 word email saying email someone else,
stay away from these, i will never use this company again, they still have my items worth £40!!!

melaniev5
3/5/16

We have been customers of CEX in Warrington Cheshire for a few years. My husband is an avid gamer and we both like our gadgets. I bought my iPad from CEX after trading an old one in around 18 months ago and couldn't be happier with the service of the staff and the quality of the item purchased. The same goes for any games we've purchased after trading items in.
A year ago before our wedding we looked into buying a GoPro camera to use while we were away (we got married abroad and do a lot of watersports), so when one popped up in the shop window of CEX we snapped it up. We couldn't be happier with the product and ended up getting awesome videos and pictures, so much so we created our own wedding video; thus saving a fortune on a videographer.
We went to NYC for our honeymoon, and again captured the best moments on the GoPro. When we booked our holiday to Mexico for 2016 we decided that because we had used the GoPro Hero 2 to such an extent, it was maybe time to get another GoPro.
We read into it and decided the GoPro Hero 4 Silver was the best suited product for our needs. We were once again wanting to use it for water sports therefore the LCD screen would come in handy. Also, we would have a camera each, capture double the shots whilst diving.
My husband had just upgraded his iPhone, so took his old one into CEX Warrington. The staff were very helpful (as always) and tested the item. Whilst they were testing the item the advisor asked my husband whether he wanted store credit or cash. They'd had a long conversation about GoPro's and how we'd thought we would upgrade before going to Mexico. She looked online and said that a Grade A GoPro 4 Silver was in stock and that if he traded the phone for credit he would receive £145. He decided to go for the store credit with the idea of when he got home to order the item. When he got home, he ordered the item.
After waiting several days for the item to arrive, we received what I can only describe as a bundle of foul smelling bubble wrap which looked like it had been screwed up and taped together for someone to throw into the bin. We opened the item, it was a Grade B GoPro 4 Black Edition. It also smelt, and had no accessories with it. The casing was extremely scratched and the memory card door was completely missing - exposing the memory card slot.
The item was poorly presented, smelt foul; and was the wrong item. We were annoyed, but also upset that the item we had looked forward to taking on a walk up Snowdon that weekend did not arrive. Jack decided to email the after sales team to advise them. However, we are still yet to receive a reply - it has been 5 days since we received the item.
We decided that as we have always received great service from the Warrington branch of CEX we would visit with the item and ask if they could exchange it for the correct item.
We spoke to an Advisor who was extremely helpful and very honest about the state of the company. He said that items being sent out without parts and in poorer condition than expected was a regular occurrence - also, the norm for CEX.
He said that he would refund the item and repay my husbands CEX account with the store credit he'd gotten from his phone trade in. He advised that we would have to wait until the item came back into stock to reorder it. He looked on the CEX website and found one store which had the item in stock. He tried to call the store, however he could not find a valid phone number on the system. He then found a different number for someone that worked at that branch and called them - they advised that someone else had already purchased the product.
At this point we realised that CEX had over £100 of our cash tied up in their company with no way of getting it back. I asked if we could have the cash value of the phone originally traded in - to be told this cannot be done.
He also tried to contact the online team who answer the incoming emails to try and trigger a response about our order. He said that the team were 'overwhelmed' with emails and rarely give a response to customers. Whilst waiting he explained the way in which CEX runs its online business. He said that CEX head office use a different till system to the rest of the shops therefore communications are sometimes 'lost'.
He managed to finally get through to someone who answers the emails and said that he was 'writing a reply as we speak' to my husband. We are still yet to receive the email; or any written confirmation or correspondence from CEX.
Now, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place with no camera, and no cash to put towards a camera sold by a different company. I stated all of this to the advisor in the Warrington branch, who said that there's no way of us getting our money back and also no way of forward ordering the item, so that when it eventually did by chance come into stock into one of the stores; we could have it. Oh no, no help for us. No camera for our holiday in Mexico next month.
The company is a joke. As is the way in which it operates. We want our money back to shop elsewhere.

damiend13

1/26/16

Bueno volveré a ir

davidf149
1/26/16

My son wanted Disney Infinite 2 for Xbox 360 so Cex near us has 3 in stock. Guy was very friendly and got us a boxed version.

My son opened it on his birthday and tried it but it wouldn't recognise the characters. We restarted it and went through the 15 minute into gameplay again and it still wouldn't read the characters.

My son was upset but we said we'll sort it and duly went back to the shop and explained the problem. After he swapped the contents from ours with an unboxed one, I decided to check the game was in, and it was.

It was this point where my son said that the other disc was white and I realised the first person had in fact given us the game for version 1 and not 2.

At least they sorted it but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Sigh.

andrews175
1/2/16

I bought some games out of Cex. Staff Kyle R from Sunderland high street, I love Cex

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?