Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX) reviews

wecare@webuy.com

christopherm147
10/4/17

The local cex Inverness is very terrible usually you are kept waiting in line for up to twenty minutes even if no other customer is being served, today I decided to visit them to do a trade in however I left the store very angry as I was in the line where the signs say to stand but the staff member totally ignored me and took others in front of me despite me making it obvious I was waiting next there was numerous other staff standing gossiping behind doing nothing to help serve eventually another member of staff served me there was absolutely no word of an apology either Sam was the staff member who refused to acknowledge me yet even though he heard me complain about him then to make it worse as I was leaving the store the staff member who served me and the one who ignored me were laughing and taking the mickey out of me yes before I had even left the shop this is disgraceful I have an illness and can do without this unnecessary attitude will never shop with cex Inverness ever again its filthy as well the staff eat take away while serving too be warned if you decide to go in there try elsewhere if you possibly can.

eileens41
10/1/17

My phone hasn't worked properly since I bought it I took it back to the shop in Braintree after one week they said it was strange that the screen would not stay off. This was causing the battery to not last a full day. I thought they would replace the phone but they told me they would send it away and it could take a week to four weeks to repair. This I found unbelievably bad for the reason I had only had it a week and it had not worked properly from the day I bought it.

royd42
9/15/17

Truly cannot understand how this business continues to function.
Called at a store in Leigh Lancashire today with the complete James Bond series in a metal presentation box set, all flawless DVD's watched once. Purchased for me as a gift for over £100.
I was completely stumped when the store offered me £4.
That equated to 20 pence per DVD.
I have since researched on line and the same product is selling on both Amazon and eBay for between £40 and £75.
Do yourselves a favour and sell your goods privately.

kierand11
9/5/17

Went in with my PS3 told it was worth £39. The PS3 worked perfectly. They ran a test which took 1 hour only to be told that it was "faulty" as it wouldn't accept any discs. I took the PS3 home and it works perfectly fine probably to ignorant to realise they were using a faulty disc of there own to rest it with!

rachelw112
9/4/17

Absolutely terrible. The store is filthy with incompetent staff. Don't touch it with a barge poll. Went in with my son and his ps3 with two controllers. They happily took the better controller and sent us home to get the missing usb cable. Fair enough...until we returned only to be told the ps3 which was worth roughly £50 was un tradable as the controller they had sent us away with was faulty. Why weren't we told this the day before? Really bad customer service in my opinion and very dishonest.

jonahb40
8/29/17

Do not go to this store. Awful customer service, incompetent staff who look like they dont give a crap. Had 3 online orders " disappear " and countless wrong and beyond scratched discs. They also offer appalling prices for buying off you sometimes making a 3000% profit.

shaunp15
8/26/17

orderd 2 items offline when both came totaly wrong items sent then when you go contact someone you find there is no phone no to ring so you have to use there web based messaging system only to be told it takes up to 2 days to get a response so you decide to take bake to the norwich store to talked to like you dont know what you have bought im pretty sure i knew more than him at the time as he was just looking at the pictures not checking the code on the item then got told you have to wait for the items to be testerd even though that you got them the same day and you not even used them so not prepaired to wait only to find out when i got home that they had not gave one of my items good way to make money send you wrong items and then keep one of the items without a refund good way to make a profit avoid them as they surely dont have the staff to know what they are doing

jons181
8/12/17

Brought a phone from them that they stated as mint but not so phone was broken so back cover would not clip to it ,also faulty battery swollen through age and to top it all locked out so all pretty useless really, still waiting on refund . I doubt if this phone was inspected at any length before distribution .please don't buy phone from them you would be better off using a homing pigeon with a message on its leg to communicate with your mates.

jonathant60
7/22/17

I have read some really great reviews

I have read some really great reviews on here regarding CEX and I know some of their staff are excellent also but my experience has been abysmal!

All I wanted to do was to buy a certain lens from a particular branch, there were only 2 items of this kind in the UK so how hard could this have been to arrange via online.

I have in the past ordered a lens from CEX and it arrived faulty and un-boxed (nothing mentioned in the description what so ever) so once bitten twice shy as they say. So in future unless it was a boxed item I was not interested.

So I sent 4 emails initially via the CEX online Support portal to which I received absolutely no reply, so ever the optimist I decided to place the order hoping that my emails had been noted and that when the order was placed they would choose the correct lens from the correct store.

But, this is where I assumed incorrectly as the then told me that they were going to send me the lens from the incorrect store at which point I asked surely you could just change the store from which it has been sent seeing as there is only 2 in the whole country, the response after nearly 2 hours was no I basically had to have that one, amazing that no longer does the buyer of an item have the right to chose which product he receives even after he has paid!!

So, to cut an already rather long story short at this point in time I have no lens, no money, and no responses to my emails letting me know whats happening to my refund or anything??

All I wanted to do was buy a lens ...... simple really but with CEX apparently not!!

EXTREMELY UNIMPRESSED BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE!!!!

jamiep66
7/5/17

I have uploaded an E-mail to show you how they justify getting away with this. Basically I was having a quick look through CEX's electrical goods when I spotted a Pokémon Go plus device Being sold for £44.50 second hand when you can pick one of these up on Amazon Brand new for £39.60. CEX is an absolute RIP I'm still trying to find something to buy with a £35 voucher I was given after I had been told a specific graphics card would fit my P.c and it didn't, likewise with the ram I was told to buy. Never once had a reply from CEX I just think that they are Con men in sheep's clothing.

andrewm236
7/3/17

Bought the phone it was broken wouldn't take it back had the phone 2 weeks hope u go out of business you scum bags

shannuns1
6/28/17

i made a purchase in mid march/ April i handed £520 in cash to buy a grade A IPhone 6s plus and pleased with the phone at first, after two weeks of having the phone the was blocked and reported stolen.

i was not aware of the policy so i went to the store to ask for a full refund, i was then told by the manger in the wood green branch the is nothing he was able to do i asked him if there is any way to refund because of the circumstances if its possible to give back the £520 the manger then replied no.

i was pregnant and was going through health issues and pregnancy i was receiving hospital appointment and job interviews through this phone which i was the only way i was anyone was able to connect me.

later on they said they will exchange my phone for a down grade, but i forced to pay the same price as i was desperate, with no money to buy another phone nor was getting back my money - was not even any help or any other alternative- so the only choice i had was to exchange my phone for a IPhone 6s i was ensured that there was nothing faulty with the phone just a scratch on the phone.

after less than 4 months of having the phone i had purchased started to play up when i would touch the screen it would not work and so i brought the phone back to get it fixed - at this point i was extremely disappointed due to the fact i was told that there was nothing work with this phone and this was the second time me complaining- at this point i was heavily pregnant and was told that the phone had to be checked and it would take a DAY. The following day i was told to come as they were trying the figure out what was wrong with the phone, so i came back for the third day asking the phone because i had appointments due to the fact that my breathing was getting worse due to the asthma and i had swelling on my legs, hands and feet i had to walk for 30mins three days straight.

the third day i was given back the phone and was told by the manager himself that if its faulty again that i would be able to get my money back. I turn on my phone and returned back to the shop because once again the phone was not fixed. I was then told by the manager there is nothing he can do and i he could not exchange nor refund me for my phone after i was told i could.

this whole experience has added to my anxiety and depression because i throughout this whole process i lost £520, hospital appointments - which could of seriously effected me and my unborn baby- and wiped out all of my job information i needed which lost me money.

Wednesday 28th June 2017 one year after purchasing my first phone i went back to cex because phone has been blocked again, but refused by the manager for it to be checked and was told that he could not take no further actions and i will not be able to get money back. Now i have the baby i'm still having problems and i'm a extremely angry customer who feels something should be done immediately !!!

maxm110
5/31/17

I ordered a handful of anime dvds using there online website. 1 out of 7 turned up in acceptable condition...... A good majority had replacement cases with fake covers attached which looked like they had been printed on an early 2000's inkjet printer. Disc was authentic, everything else wasn't. One dvd turned up with the disc holder completely broken, disc rattling about inside, severely scratched the front cover plastered in sticker residue from many failed attempts to peel the previous price tags off ASWELL as the dvd cover being inside out for some reason?

Tip for consumers: Be very cautious ordering online from them. My experience is 6 out of 7 times there's going to be some serious faults with the product.......

jessa60
5/16/17

Have just been completely mugged off by CEX.

I bought an Alcatel flip phone in the Brighton store for £18. But when I realised I bought the wrong phone, (was actually intending to buy one with a camera attached to it) I went to the Worthing store, expecting to return the phone or even exchange it for the correct mobile.

I was then told that CEX do not allow items to be returned unless they are faulty, even though this item was untouched, still in the packaging, receipt included, charger still wrapped up.

& even though their online Terms & Conditions state that items can be returned within 14 days, I had to sell the phone back to the store for £10 less than I had bought it for 3 days earlier.

It's so disappointing as I have been a big time CEX fan for many years and am always recommending to friends and family.

freakkf
5/8/17

I brought a PS3 it to their store in Lewisham (London), they said they would test it and never called me back. They did not leave a phone number and If you wait longer than 14 days before going back to the store, they claim they can "dispose of the goods the way they deem fit", meaning they sold it and they do not give you anything. Just a bunch of thieves.

cameronm49
5/1/17

CEX has never let me down ever...it has the friendleist staff who will always help you make the right decisions on consols E.T.C. they also have a huge variaty of games from brand new to the timeless classics it all so has dvds i hugely admire the concept of CEX it is efectivly a black market for gamers of all genres and has exilent choice and i have never been let down or dissipointed when visiting CEX and it desevres more than its current rating so if u go out to buy or sell games CEX is definetly the place to go

jond93
4/24/17

Have a voucher from one of their stores. Despite inputting the data correctly it refuses to accept the voucher. It is pointless attempting to contact their customer support: you will simply get a standard reply saying how too chase up an order; if it's something else `click here'. You guessed it the `click here doesn't work. Just like the button on submit the voucher.

Now faced with a long journey to one of their stores where the dvd box set I want is, so I can use the voucher. Needless to say will avoid in the future.

cathyn24
4/15/17

My partner purchased a phone for me from CEX with a 2 year guarantee. 3 months later the front was coming away from the main baby. I took it back and was told it would be sent of for repair. I was told 7 days, 3 weeks later and still waiting I was told they were waiting for a part. Then after 1 month I was returned my phone being told they were not repairing it as it was water damaged ! My phone hasn't even been I my steamy bathroom. The guarantee means nothing, they tell a load of gob $#*!e when they can't repair a phone or maybe it was too e pensive to repair , DONT buy phones from here, your chancing your luck,

lewisg28
4/6/17

where do i start on the absolute shambles of an experience i had selling a console. First up was the 'no money' lie which went something like 'im sorry sir £65 is a rediculous amount of money for a store to have in a till, we need to send it via bank transfer' to which i inquired about the processing time where in comes the second wave of bull, 'since its a thursday if your lucky tomorrow but probably monday', i could have lived with that but lets keep going. Obviously my bank account was still empty friday so flash forward to monday ..... nothing, thought about phoning them to find out after a little google search they have no instore phone lines and there facebook is overflowing with unhappy customers, what a great choice i had made, what about tuesday .... nothing, maybe wednesday? nothing, its got to be thursday right? empty, a new email though 'we tried to phone you, your console has failed testing' i check my phone to see no new numbers have called or tried to call me this week while also thinking if there ever was a time my console even froze nevermind didnt work, but alas no time popped to mind.
My advice? Go read one of the many pages where unhappy customers are building up on and realise you need to go somewhere else

Tip for consumers: Top Tip - Cex, get a phone line, like I shouldnt even have to tell you that as a business. Just because you dont hear complaints doesnt mean they are not there, ignorance isnt bliss if your profits depend on it

debc37
3/30/17

I went through website selling half my DVD collection (keeping my favourites). I don't use them and thought why have them cluttering the place up. The site is easy to use.

I chose to receive payment via voucher as I had in mind to purchase 2 Google Chromecasts from them with the proceeds of the DVDs.

I packed up and posted them on the Tuesday (sent them via Collect and Plus) and received the voucher Sunday evening. I received emails letting me know they'd received the DVDs and when they had finished testing them. I also had prompt replies to a couple of questions I had regarding the transaction.

I purchased 2 x C ratings' of Google Chromecast, as the previous reviews of C graded items were good. I wasn't disappointed.

I think 1 product came with original cables and neither had original packaging, which didn't bother me in the slightest. Other than that, they're in mint condition and work brilliantly.

I can now use my TV more than my laptop or phone, as I can now "cast" everything to the TV.

UPDATE: I've been that impressed, that I've now packaged up all my remaining DVDs and sent them off too. I'm embracing the digital world. Now that I have Chromecasts, DVDs really aren't needed.

I was very impatient with them, yet they were professional, polite and patient with me over a query I had. I really can't fault them.

Tip for consumers: Allow 48 hours for queries (unlike me who expected immediate response) they will answer you, they will help you.

adamk87
3/1/17

Bad Customer services
Bad refund policy
Bad customer response
No telephone available to call customer service
Refund policy is scam
Employee never keep their promises and lie all the time
Store manager always hides in back office
Most of their goods are pre owned there is a high risk of getting defected goods and their refund policy is scam you try to contact no telephone but they have an online form but the customer service is so poor.
If you want to buy from them you have to be a solicitor specialised in consumer law or a Judge working in the local county court or a local MP as it will be easy for them to penalise them for all wrong doing.
SCAM 100% Good luck spending hard earned money to this incompetent company

jaym180
12/28/16

Looked on there web site to sell my old 2 iPhones
You can chose from (condition) good, poor, faulty so chose poor due to scratches and went to store and they offer faulty price,
So went next door to game and got better price

laurag118
12/6/16

Total ripoff. Went in today with a phone with a tiny scratch, a brand new tablet that I got free with my new phone and an iphone in great condition. They wanted the brand new tablet for £15, which is ridiculous. They wanted the iphone for £38, which is fair enough. Then they said they would give 1p for the phone, after quoting £60 on their website.
I took the phone back but we decided to sell the iphone and tablet. An hour later, after their tests, they decided they didn't want the tablet because the charger was usb. Then they knocked £10 off the iphone price.
Long story short, we will not be returning to CeX, in Norwich or otherwise.
Also, we were served by the most monotonous man imaginable, who mumbled every word and tried to buy everything for just £15.

avictimo
11/10/16

NEVER EVER deal with these sharks! They send out dangerous and faulty goods, goods that are nothing like the descriptions on their website, and if you complain, you can only contact a so-called "helpline" (just an email address) in India. I have reported them to Trading Standards and I hope that they will be closed down. SHAME ON YOU CEX, YOU ARE CON ARTISTS!!!! Prospective buyers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

garyc120
10/3/16

The iMac computer i purchased from CEX was in good condition, but was expecting an Apple keyboard and mouse. I received a tatty black Dell keyboard and a 2004 Apple mouse (that was faulty). The image showed computer with Apple keyboard and mouse and in the description it mentioned the same. Now they have changed all their pictures to display just the computer. Customer service is shocking and just quote company policies. I've returned my purchase as not happy with my experience. Never buying from CEX again.

Tip for consumers: Read the small print..

Helpful answer

B grade is considered as looking used. so for example, it may have some wear and tear marks on, however, nothing major that will affect the use of the product. Furthermore, an item is considered a B grade, if the product does not have its original box. With the product that you are enquiring about, this may have some marks on the product, or, it may not have its original box, it will still have to come with everything that is required for the product to work. I hope that I have managed to help you and anyone else regarding grading. A grade= practically new, should not have any scratches or damage to the product and MUST have all of it's original accessories. B grade= General wear and tear marks of a used product, may not have its original accessories as these are not always require, unless the product in question needs them to allow it to function properly. C grade= heavy scratches to the product, it may not have its original accessories.

By kira h. on 11/2/16
Helpful answer

unlocked simply tells you whether or not a product is open to all networks or locked to a specific one. For example, if a product states EE/Virgin/3 then it will be locked to that specific network, if however it says unlocked or any network you are able to put any service provider into that product. The A and B seen in the product description is a way pf grading the phone and stating what condition it is considered to be in. A grade is the best grade possible for a phone/table/laptop/camera. this means that it should be immaculate and have all of its original accessories. B grade is considered used and may have some general wear and tear marks, which will not affect the usage pf the product. it may not have its original accessories but will come with anything that is required to allow use the product properly.

By kira h. on 3/23/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?