Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Watford, England, United Kingdom
wecare@webuy.com

gordyr1
2/13/19

I took a perfectly good Samsung Galaxy S6 into the Barnsley branch today. The lad powered it up said that's fine, we agreed a price of £99 cash and he said come back in 40 minutes. So I did and this other lad said they can't buy it because when the camera turns on there's a SLIGHT vibration on the phone. Which is RUBBISH. I look after my phones and I swear on my stepkids' lives there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway I suffer from panic attacks and they caused me to have another one in the middle of the town centre with people starting at me. So no money and indignity on top.....

wimpyt
2/12/19

Purchased a wii u gamepad.
It arrived promptly, worked and came with a charging cable, but was disgustingly filthy with old dead skin and finger prints and was missing the stylus described in the product description.

Moreover, my review to this nature on their own site was rejected.

lulut4
2/9/19

Rude, dismissive and couldn't give a toss about the customer. They clearly don't want to sell anything as Gloucester shop is always rammed with people trading in. That's fine but how hard is it to have a fast track till for those just wanting to make a quick purchase? Waited over 30 mins only to be snapped at by young man at till. Will never spend my money there again

adrianr56
1/30/19

The staff were friendly but the work done on my PS4 I took in there for repair is awful. They told me I should have it back in about 10 days but it took that long to leave the shop for the repair centre. I had to go in after a week of giving it to them to ask why nothing had happened. That was the second time I had to go back. The first time was because the staff member who originally served me forgot to give me a form that they needed. It finally came back to the shop unrepaired which I could have lived with if it had not been in worse condition than it was before. There was no problem with the gameplay before sending it off jut the picture quality. Now they've put it in safe mode and it won't even work enough to let me do anything about it. I can't get on it to get my game data off because they somehow made it worse than it already was. Thankfully they didn't charge me for it but I lost three and a half weeks waiting for it back. If I had known it was a lost cause beforehand I wouldn't have bothered. If I have any more problems with my PS4 or computer in the future then I would not bring it here. I would even travel further away just to get the problem fixed.

anthonyg278
1/12/19

Agreed a price then paid less
Do not even want to give one star. After inspection of my phones, a price was agreed and forms were filled in. We were told the money would be in our account within a day or two. We have now just received a voicemail saying that they are going to pay us a lot less now because of one of wear and tear on one of the phones. Scandalous!

emzk
12/22/18

Bought a 2nd hand video card with 3 fans from Cex with a 2 year warranty. Discovered one of the fans had sheared off. Checked and found that it was still within the warranty. Brought the video card in for a warranty check. Was told, initially that it was determined that the damage was caused by the customer because the video card's case had been opened(I hadn't). Pointed out that if it had been opened I bought it off them in that state, seeing as it was a pre-owned product.

Later on told that the damage was caused by customer because "i had overpowered the card". Same thing, I hadn't because I don't overclock. Inconsistancy between reasons given shows they're lies invented to allow them to refuse to honour the warranty.

Cex are crooks, will never buy from them again.

daniela309
12/11/18

I ordered a headset from cex costing me 74. 99. The courier they used just left out on my doorstep whilst I was at work, he didn't even leave a card through the post or try a neighbour. All that was sent was a email stating where he had left it. When I returned home from work the parcel had been taken. Ups delivery service admitted liability to me over the phone and requested me to contact CEX to start a refund.
It's now been over a week, CEX have spoken to ups , they know the parcel had been stolen, yet a refund had not been issued and I just receive emails starting that the matter is getting investigated!!!!
Surely having all the evidence, and ups actually telling you that there driver didn't even get the parcel sighned for!!!. You should of issued me with a instant refund and then carried on your investigation with ups. BUT NO I'm now waiting still, so close to Christmas for my refund .... terrible customer service. I will not be using CEX AGAIN. now my son may possibly go without he's Christmas present.

duanea23
12/9/18

Just had one of my worst shopping experiences ever at the Northallerton branch with an ignorant and rude lady that cost them over £270 worth of sales. I was so embarrassed by her tactless behaviour I walked away wondering what just happened

shaunl76
12/5/18

I bought a poke ball controller online for £46.50. Argos sell them for £49.99. I checked in my local store and was told it was new. When it arrived it was in bubble wrap in a cardboard box. Clearly not new and hugely overpriced for something used. Avoid avoid avoid.

asifp
11/23/18

Order number EQ230081
18th Nov made a visit to Cex East Ham, was served by Hammad, I had 6 brand new unlocked mobile phone which I wanted to sell price was agreed and a form was filled out. I thought instead of cash I would get the payment as bank transfer so I wouldn't have to come back to the shop. Hammad had advised me that by the 20th Nov latest I would have the money in my account, I waited until the 21st and got nothing so on the 21st I went to Cex East Ham and had spoken to a young Asian girl who told me the phones have not been checked and she doesn't know why but it will be check today and yet another form was filled out and that I would get the bank transfer in my account by 22nd nov but of course still nothing no payment so I went back to Cex East Ham a third time on 22 nov and had spoken to Hammad again and he was unsure why this wasn't proceed but whilst I was in store at the counter he had proceed it all and I will get the money in my account by 23rd nov and he was 110% sure about that, those were his words. So today is 23rd Nov and still no money has been paid into my bank account? Wonder if anyone can help as in store they don't seem very professional and obviously don't care about their customers and don't know how to provide customer service and are good at lying this proves. I have patiently waiting but after the third time this is getting ridiculous and really annoying me and wasting my time.

adamg180
10/31/18

I recently purchased a Nintendo switch console from CEX online. It was £270 (very pricey for second hand) and when it arrived it was missing the joy con grip' which is essentially the controller, so a fairly vital part!

I tried to find a contact number and very quickly found out CEX have no phone number and all communication must be done via email.

I emailed CEX explaining what had happened and I received an automatic email saying I would hear back within in 48 hours. 48 hours came and went with no reply, so I emailed them again.

I finally got a response apologising and telling me the missing part had been sent to me. 4 days later it arrived, I was out at the time so it was taken to my local post office where I had to pick it up. Upon collecting it from the post office, I opened it to find out they had sent me the incorrect part.

I sent another email to CEX and 4 days later they apologised and said another one had been sent to me. I asked them to confirm that it was the correct part and asked if I'd be getting any compensation for the time of mine they had wasted, as of yet no response from them.

It is now close to a month since my console arrived and I am still waiting for the controller that was supposed to be included.

Do yourself a favour and avoid CEX at all costs. They make mistakes, which to be fair everyone does, but after making the mistakes they have little care or urgency to sort it out and are happy to ignore a customer after they've got their money.

thomasg277
10/22/18

bought a camera from them online camera of my dreams turned into a nightmare 6 months in it fell apart, claimed it was my fault wouldn't refund was rude ,claimed they wouldn't sell stuff in condition they sold to me, 24 month warentee is worthless dispute put in to paypal to hopefully get some money back don't buy from them its a scam they are a scam

richardw659
10/10/18

Possibly the worst shop (if that's what you want to call it) in the country! They'll give you next to nothing for your goods & sell them for an incredible profit. Photocopied covers on DVD's with no notification, wrong DVD's in the box (really pisses me off when I have to return to the same shop three times to get the right disc that I've paid for). West Bromwich is the WORST of the branches. Dopey staff that have never heard of customer service & have a couldn't care less attitude! Won't use these rip off merchants again!

liamc45
10/5/18

I order an official sega 6 button pad online for £16.50 only to be sent a cheap chinese knock off you can get on ebay for £3.51

pipp1
10/4/18

This year I have purchased quite a few things from cex. The results were wrong products, damaged products and products that had no supporting applications that being a jawbone fitness tracker.
The only thing they ever say when you contact them is sorry and quote their returns policy.
In my experience this year they have just got worse and they were not that good to start with.
Also some of their used items are nearly as much as a brand new item.

craigm229
9/6/18

It is not worth the risk of purchasing from this company. I received a damaged camera lens worth over 500. The company requested I return the item for investigation. They then returned it to me in an even more damaged condition and advised they would be honouring the warranty as their records show it was in working order when it was sent. I literally took this lens out the box and put it on my camera and it broken through no fault of my own. Do not risk buying from them. They cannot be trusted.

joshk90
8/30/18

STAY AWAY FROM CEX AND PUT THIS COMPANY TO SHAME!
I don't go in cex often but since my recent time buying items from there past few months, i have been very unhappy of how they do things with the company.
1. Bought elgato hd60 in a different town for £70, to find out later it did not work so had to take it back to find out they said "it doesn't work, would you like voucher?" I wanted cash not vouchers, so they gave me my full refund. Terrible service and over priced for item that was grade B and missing some content.

2. I bought second hand laptop in my town and to find out it was so slow and the wifi did not work at all, so took it back and they said " it doesn't work as wifi broken, would you like vouchers?" I ALWAYS WANT MY FULL REFUND!. Jeeze staff are so stupid and that laptop was over priced £145 for a 6 year old laptop.

I look on there website and they are even worse. they sell items a lot more than what they are worth and offer crap cash for it. Better off buying on Ebay as the tech etc will actually work and fair price.

i say bring back GAMESTATION at least they were fair and reliable.

phils159
8/21/18

Brought a Samsung GALAXY S4 for £105 in May 2018, hardly used the phone as it was for work. in August 2018 the phone then stated out of the blue that it had no sim. the sim card was in place and hadn't been touched. I took the phone back to the CEX shop in Guildford Surrey where i purchased it as it had a 24 month warranty. They took the phone and sent me away for 40 minutes while they checked it. When i came back they said the warranty was void as there was a tiny crack in the rear external case of the phone. I explained that this has nothing to do with the Sim card not registering and then they showed me some bent pins where the sim card goes and said that i have bent the pins and that is why it doesn't work. I was furious as i had not bent the pins, I hadn't touched the sim card - why would I? Anyway the store manager basically called me a liar and said the phone will not be covered as it is accidental damage. there is no customer service phone number to contact CEX, i will never use this company again, this is the one and only experience that i have had with them.

justinw130
8/19/18

Decided to sell my Chromebook at CeX, but they seem to be absolutely clueless regarding them (I have been to two stores) and both were useless at knowing what to do, and I am not talking just about one member of staff, but several. Anyway! They said it would take them about 2 hours to wipe it and test it. Hilarious. Aren't they aware of the fact that a Powerwash on a Chromebook takes about a minute and is securely wiped? Anyway they wiped it before they quoted me the time, and I refused and didn't think much about it, anyway a month later I got a better offer in Cash Generator, booted it up and realised they stuck a password on it, so I couldn't even access my own computer, great eh? Then I went back to store and I was accused of being rude, well what do you expect me to be like? Extremely happy you gave me a ridiculous time frame of testing a computer and then sticking your own password on it. Anyway since this, I have ripped up my membership and will never buy or sell something in this ridiculously overpriced and underpaying store. (Put it his way, they sell second hand stuff at near RRP) doesn't make sense does it?

rajk114
8/12/18

I bought a tablet, stopped working. Paid more to replace it. That did not work either. They tested it and could not tell that it was faulty. Then said would not replace it.

Over priced and poor product and poor service. Manager at Leicester totally unfriendly and aggressive.

Don't go them for anything.

fionaj15
8/5/18

IF I could give no stars I would! Do not I repeat do not order online from this company! I have no choice but to keep ordering until I get a right item as I have a voucher I have to use. I have emailed the managing director directly it's so appalling and I have had no help for the 3rd time I have had to place an order to get a correct item that works! 1st one cancelled, fair enough, 2nd GoPro wrong one, 3rd one A grade faulty and missing a vital part on camera And so back to local store again for refund!4th told by online service to order again and they would help to ensure what is being sent is correct etc and guess what? Nope they didn't aNd have dispatched it anywAy! I have lost money in car parks and petrol and time wasted and I have a special needs son who came with me and it upsets him to queue and have to wait for them to check an item I just received in the post by them! I then had to get family help to have my son as he was upset and didn't want to go! I have no doubt I will be there again to refund my 4th order as it hasn't been checked! I paid more for an A grade to ensure this didn't happen but there was no point! No response to messages or emails in time either. No phone number and now I see why! Help my latest order number is 5007769 but I should all too late! Have had it now and wish I never bothered as it's stressing me out now!

ashleyh250
8/4/18

First time bought a phone got home noticed yellow screen (damage) refused refund so changed to a new phone was OK for a but but went in recently got a new phone the camera kept going black and white so went back got a voucher as they refuse refund again got a new phone headphone jack doesn't work in it they refused refund or a swap. Partners phone died so needed a new one but I warned her cex are rubbish with phones always faulty decided to get one anyway come home today and it's not getting signal at all.comes then quickly goes now everyone in the family they get signal everywhere in the house except her new phone from cex. DO NOT BUY PHONES FROM HERE. ALWAYS FAULTY

sarahm565
8/3/18

I lost all the data, pictures, videos and work files I had on my phone because the staff member forgot to tell me they wipe phones when checking them. I was not offered any format of genuine apology, the manager didn't even try and attempt to show me how to restore my phone after me repeatedly telling them it wasn't backed up. I am disgusted that they watched me stand there crying over the loss of irreplaceable memories without being able to show any care. I was just left there like an idiot. They then forgot to put my sim card in my phone so I had to miss my bus and go back to get it. Again I was dismissed and dealt with in a way that made me feel like I was in the wrong. Shocked and disgusted. Just because I'm dyslexic and gave trouble reading I shouldn't be treated badly because the receipt I signed tells me they will wipe my phone. I asked staff what receipt was for and was told to get my phone back after testing. Ridiculous.

deed138
7/30/18

Just been in my local washington store to return with recipt a VR i bought two weeks ago. Before I bought the VR I asked twice to make sure it would be compatable with my son's s6 edge to be told absolutely it will. To get home and find my son's phone doesn't fit. I then spend two weeks trying to find an adapter (which I shouldn't have had to do) without any luck. So as I promised my son I will take it back and get your money back ( he's 15 and was his money) so firstly I explain why I'm returning it and would like my cash back to be told that we just need to run a warranty test and it will take 2 mins. Anyway after waiting about 15 mins they came back to me and said they can only give me a cash voucher. Which is ridiculous they sold me something that they said would fit but it didn't. So of course I challenge this but In responce I get a jumped up little prick thinking it's funny and trying to be a wise ass. Unfortunately because my son was getting embaressed I had to give in and take the voucher. Terrible company !!! Terrible staff!!!!!!!!!! Should be closed down for good the lot of them angry beyond belief if I could have put a zero I would

paulc621
7/23/18

CEX are happy to deduct £1 off a trade or cash sale if your disc has a tiny scratch, they claim it covers disc cleaning... have you ever seen a disc cleaner in any store? No. They dont clean anything, they deduct the £1 and put the item out for sale. The amount of disc based media ibe bought with heavily scratched/soiled discs is unacceptable. Also, why do they think its ok to sell heavily damaged items? Ive seen video game boxed that look like theyve been towed by a car down the motorway, also they seem to think its ok to sell games/DVDs with photocopied covers. On a side note, their prices are daylight robbery in most cases, very poor in-store service. Unpredictable online services, and why separate a bundle? If I buy a Halo exclusive console I expect the game to be included, but no, they take apart gaming bundles and sell them separately. Garbage store, so many decent stores have closed down over the years but these parasites are surviving somehow.

B grade is considered as looking used. so for example, it may have some wear and tear marks on, however, nothing major that will affect the use of the product. Furthermore, an item is considered a B grade, if the product does not have its original box. With the product that you are enquiring about, this may have some marks on the product, or, it may not have its original box, it will still have to come with everything that is required for the product to work. I hope that I have managed to help you and anyone else regarding grading. A grade= practically new, should not have any scratches or damage to the product and MUST have all of it's original accessories. B grade= General wear and tear marks of a used product, may not have its original accessories as these are not always require, unless the product in question needs them to allow it to function properly. C grade= heavy scratches to the product, it may not have its original accessories.

By kira h.

unlocked simply tells you whether or not a product is open to all networks or locked to a specific one. For example, if a product states EE/Virgin/3 then it will be locked to that specific network, if however it says unlocked or any network you are able to put any service provider into that product. The A and B seen in the product description is a way pf grading the phone and stating what condition it is considered to be in. A grade is the best grade possible for a phone/table/laptop/camera. this means that it should be immaculate and have all of its original accessories. B grade is considered used and may have some general wear and tear marks, which will not affect the usage pf the product. it may not have its original accessories but will come with anything that is required to allow use the product properly.

By kira h.

Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?