Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Watford, England, United Kingdom
wecare@webuy.com

leer139
8/14/19

They agreed price. Said phone was B grade. No problem. To then after check say the mute button was faulty. Put a sim from my work phone in it at counter & called it. Hey guess what it works fine. Mute on off multiple times no issue. Took to another store to be given same price to then after test be told the jack plug was intermittent ? Not the mute button then ? Reply no just the jack plug. So again I got out a sealed pair of unused earbuds from box & plugged in. No surprise that the system worked fine. Staff not happy to be told they had been filmed throughout from top pocket with own phone & that two stores had different imagery faults with the same phone. Total scam stay away from these awful crooks.

szilveszterj
8/5/19

I've placed an order on 22/7/19, four days later I've contacted CEX, why is my tracking still saying that "We're expecting it, Sender preparing item" Next day I had a public reply on trustpilot after i reviewed them.

"Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to know that your order hasn't arrived yet.

Once dispatched, we aim to deliver orders within 3-5 working days. However, due to any unforeseen circumstances, if there is a possible delay, we request you to allow upto 14 days for delivery.

We are facing issues with Royal Mail lately and the tracking numbers are not being active. This has already been taken up with Royal Mail and we are expecting this to be resolved as soon as possible.

I see that you have been in contact with our support team who advised you about this. If your order doesn't arrive within the advised time frame, kindly reply to the email thread and we'll be happy to take it further from there.

We look forward to opportunities to amending your online shopping experience.

Regards,
Asif

Fair enough, I Waited 2 weeks and guess what?
Tracking still saying that "We're expecting it, Sender preparing item"
I now decided to contact Royal Mail and they said,
They never picked the item up from the seller.
LYING SCAMMERS, THIEVES

kathyr216
7/22/19

I have ordered many things from CeX and each time get sent poor quality or incorrect items. The latest buy was a Lenovo desktop I asked the store to confirm it was the tiny version as the listing didn't show a dvd drive. They held on to it for 4 days before sending it, I asked them to cancel the order but they refused.

So they sent it and it arrived after a week and it's a bulky, ancient old system full of dust and haven't even been cleaned.

I brought a Samsung S9 from them and it was rooted which meant I couldn't use banking aloe Samsung health. They claim to never buy or sell rooted devices, it cost me £300 to get fixed.

I've had a Samsung s7 in the past which died within 24 hours and they refused to refund, they held on to it for 3 days and claimed to be testing it and eventually I got my money back.

I've had phones and laptops with missing parts or missing chargers

Phones which were graded as B with big deep scratches on the screen

You can't trust CeX because they don't test the stuff properly or list all the information correctly

They have even been known to sell expensive retro games and print their own box art which is copyright infringement and they never used to declare it was pirated box art

jamesd957
7/13/19

Rude staff in most stores I've been to. Their products aren't checked properly for fingerprints and other marks. I mean it takes like a minute to do so...

ammerj
7/10/19

I did deposited 100$ and its not credited its been hours now , the support says no transcation was the the cex.io account itself shows the transaction requested in the activity my card got debited ..so poor return me my money back

zarkm
6/30/19

in my experience, you get a great result from cex as long you aren't a douchebag...imagine them as a company that pays their taxes and then you will understand... lots of times you will be overwhelmed by what you have got, for the price,and at other fewer times you might get something that looks shoddy... I.have bought some things I couldn't believe in the past- with free post.. and have traded in happily items of my own for much more money than anywhere was offering on the internet, .. if you are a poor person like me, don't hesistate with cex, its great, its just that its so good rich people want to convince you its $#*! so they can abuse its good will.

francoisep1
5/31/19

After an error at a shop, customer services did their upmost to resolve the problem and made sure I had the correct items, thank you so much for resolving the issue without any problems

deeh101
5/18/19

I purchased a £50 iPod 17 May 2019 as a gift and paid cash.

I was not informed of the returns policy i.e. cex do not want to return your money if the goods are returned!

Less than a day later I returned the item, only to be told I would receive a voucher and not my hard earned cash.

Ridiculous!!!!! if I purchased the iPod online according to the website, a full refund would be given (In the method of how you paid).

Talk about a greedy company who are forcing you to spend your money with them.

I will never shop with cex again!!!

adamh261
5/9/19

I had been shopping around for a decently priced graphics card to use in my pc, i finally settled on a gtx 980ti. After waiting a week for my card i put it in my pc and made sure everything thing was working... but my pc didnt post. After a couple more trys I smelt burning coming from my PC. The card was on fire. I turned off my pc and put out the fire before discovering a slightly gooey substance on the motherboard of the card. I realised someone tryed severley overclocking the card and when it came close to failing, they must have sold it. Dont believe the crap about them testing everything works before sending it out... they dont.

ethanf34
4/18/19

I was looking online, for cheap games for my Xbox 360 as I can't affors much as I'm only 12 but I got 7 really cool but the coolest game is definitely WWE which was 3 pounds and I got all the games with my Mum games for about 20 pounds and it's amazing CEX is such an amazing business and has really helped me and I will probably come back soon as I need a upgrade.
Thanks Ethan Franklin.

davidm1959
4/14/19

Terrible shop in East Kilbride.. Will never return to this shop. went in 11 days ago and asked for a samsung plug as I had found my phone was only charging slowly just using a wire pluged into an extension cord. Was sold a samsung plug and cable. Tried it but same problem with these. it only charges phone slow. Tried to return today to be told that I could only return for credit as it was more than two days. Under the low, as I was sold something unfit for purpose, I am entitles to a full refund up to 30 days. They dont even have a refund posted on their wall. Needless to say, I will never return to this shop again. I lost £11, but you have lost a customer.

bincyj
4/10/19

This is a joke. Poor customer service, rude and clueless staff. Bought an item from them, damaged and faulty.. to return it I had to wait an hour for their test.. was send back saying they could not test it because it had a lock. What kind of tester is it who does not know to test run an iPad with a lock on it??? And they refuse to refund saying guis was sold to me as it was. Who will buy a faulty iPad...Stay away.... this people are just here to cheat you. Do not buy anything from them.

ianb224
4/5/19

Warranty not honoured on two separate purchases made by my two teenage sons. who were stonewalled and bullied by staff at the shop - very poor behaviour.

I can't understand how they are still in business.

ninap51
3/15/19

So I went pick up my surface pro 5 from Bromley branch. There are numerous scratches! (some scratch are 10cm long and deep) near the volume rocker is chipped, the touch screen isn't even working properly, there's dead zone on the screen where the touch doesn't work. The camera is partially covered by wire, speaker mesh is frayed/damaged, there's glue on the edge of the screen and there's some unknown dirt on the fold which looks like weed. They didn't just not fix my screen but managed to damage it even more, I am really disappointed and angry with the service!!

jayj205
3/14/19

I believe CEX are a scam company too.
1. On 13/03/19 I took an immaculate Huawei phone , box charger , everything - the assistant agreed it was 'A' grade and said come back in 40 mins.
On return they told me it failed as the phone is bent.
What ?!? it's made of wafer thin glass and metal - there are zero signs of stress or cracking !
I disagreed and demonstrated a piece of paper could not even pass under the phone ! - note the paper is a TENTH of a millimetre. . . .
The test report says it has passed the visual inspection.
Had a 30 minute disagreement and had to leave in frustration.
2. Next day took it to another Cex store.
Remember the phone is in immaculate condition.
The assistant took one look at the charger jack and downgraded it to a 'B' grade - when the phone will easily sell at 'A' grade !
Walked out in disagreement and went to another Cex store.
3. The next Cex store agreed my phone was in PERFECT condition and said it was easily 'A' grade.
Told me to come back in 30 minutes after the test.
Came back - they told me it has failed as the Gyroscope is not working !
What ?!?
Then they proceeded to explain to me what a gyroscope was - i am fully aware what it is.
I demonstrated the gyro was working perfectly by going on to You tube and turning the phone 90 degrees - the display flipped in time indicating the gyroscope does work .
The Cex tester said , no there's another part of the gyroscope wrong (BS) and it's failed on their software.
He showed me and it was a basic screen which i doubted immediately.
I activated the 'Compass' Function on the phone and again demonstrated the gyro is working perfectly in every degree .
The Cex tester said yes i can see it's working but it's failed on OUR system.
Treble Frustration for me - an honest customer with an immaculate phone . . . . Cex statements were proven wrong on each occasion but they refused to take in the phone as promised !
There is some sort of SCAM going on here - 3 stores fabricated a lie to avoid taking my spotless , fully functional boxed phone.
What the heck is going on with Cex ????
Still fuming and deflated . . . . .

lorrainel58
3/12/19

My boyfriend bought a I phone 6 plus last July for my son as a present, the phone was £280.00 and we were told came with a two year warranty. About a month ago the phone stopped working and I took to CEX in Braintree and they did a warranty test but couldn't fix the problem of the phone logging my son out of the network so looked closer at phone saying very small mark on phone so they will not fix!!!!! I take this as we have your money your on your own! We have the phone with a phone engineer who has looked at phone and informs us phone is a faulty phone as one chip is taking the others out and the engineer is unable to find a replacement chip. I have now had to buy another phone on ebay as not fair my son is without a phone.... I'm very disappointed with the service and right now would NOT recommend parents buy phones for their children from this company.

simonc136
3/8/19

I work abroad i bought an Samsung Galaxy s7 for a work phone witch was broke and kept ending my important calls so i returned it after a week as you do only to be told because its out of the two day warranty there is nothing they can do made a formal complaint to head office to be told the same thing don't buy from this company if your item breaks and you spend £200+ like me your well and truly out of pocket even with my receipt.

garyw332
3/8/19

Awful. Sent wrong disc. Fair enough. Used my time to print the return stuff. Great. But no reply given to me, just refunded when i was told the correct disc would be sent out once returned. Like i wasent worth their time

So is that what you do? Send special edition boxes but just insert any discs you please and hope they dont notice and be all nicey nice but once you issue your redund thats it sorted when you didnt even request it, well i hope you dont plan on sending wrong disc and correct box to some other victum. Would not surprise me. DO NOT USE ONLINE. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER WITH £ NEXT TO IT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE ONLINE. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER WITH £ NEXT TO IT.

jetcoolf
2/22/19

Beware I've lost a lot of money with this company compared to eBay eBay might actually be better last two weeks I had 2 iPhone XS Max with problems only was able to get a refund on one because one was blocked but the C grade 1 they sold me had a cracked screen and I didn't get any refund fact that one cost me £400 to swap in for a different one but eBay would've given back my full cost

gordyr1
2/13/19

I took a perfectly good Samsung Galaxy S6 into the Barnsley branch today. The lad powered it up said that's fine, we agreed a price of £99 cash and he said come back in 40 minutes. So I did and this other lad said they can't buy it because when the camera turns on there's a SLIGHT vibration on the phone. Which is RUBBISH. I look after my phones and I swear on my stepkids' lives there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway I suffer from panic attacks and they caused me to have another one in the middle of the town centre with people starting at me. So no money and indignity on top.....

wimpyt
2/12/19

Purchased a wii u gamepad.
It arrived promptly, worked and came with a charging cable, but was disgustingly filthy with old dead skin and finger prints and was missing the stylus described in the product description.

Moreover, my review to this nature on their own site was rejected.

lulut4
2/9/19

Rude, dismissive and couldn't give a toss about the customer. They clearly don't want to sell anything as Gloucester shop is always rammed with people trading in. That's fine but how hard is it to have a fast track till for those just wanting to make a quick purchase? Waited over 30 mins only to be snapped at by young man at till. Will never spend my money there again

adrianr56
1/30/19

The staff were friendly but the work done on my PS4 I took in there for repair is awful. They told me I should have it back in about 10 days but it took that long to leave the shop for the repair centre. I had to go in after a week of giving it to them to ask why nothing had happened. That was the second time I had to go back. The first time was because the staff member who originally served me forgot to give me a form that they needed. It finally came back to the shop unrepaired which I could have lived with if it had not been in worse condition than it was before. There was no problem with the gameplay before sending it off jut the picture quality. Now they've put it in safe mode and it won't even work enough to let me do anything about it. I can't get on it to get my game data off because they somehow made it worse than it already was. Thankfully they didn't charge me for it but I lost three and a half weeks waiting for it back. If I had known it was a lost cause beforehand I wouldn't have bothered. If I have any more problems with my PS4 or computer in the future then I would not bring it here. I would even travel further away just to get the problem fixed.

anthonyg278
1/12/19

Agreed a price then paid less
Do not even want to give one star. After inspection of my phones, a price was agreed and forms were filled in. We were told the money would be in our account within a day or two. We have now just received a voicemail saying that they are going to pay us a lot less now because of one of wear and tear on one of the phones. Scandalous!

emzk
12/22/18

Bought a 2nd hand video card with 3 fans from Cex with a 2 year warranty. Discovered one of the fans had sheared off. Checked and found that it was still within the warranty. Brought the video card in for a warranty check. Was told, initially that it was determined that the damage was caused by the customer because the video card's case had been opened(I hadn't). Pointed out that if it had been opened I bought it off them in that state, seeing as it was a pre-owned product.

Later on told that the damage was caused by customer because "i had overpowered the card". Same thing, I hadn't because I don't overclock. Inconsistancy between reasons given shows they're lies invented to allow them to refuse to honour the warranty.

Cex are crooks, will never buy from them again.

Go to resolver.co.uk and make a complaint against CeX, they will take it more seriously

By Kathy R.

B grade is considered as looking used. so for example, it may have some wear and tear marks on, however, nothing major that will affect the use of the product. Furthermore, an item is considered a B grade, if the product does not have its original box. With the product that you are enquiring about, this may have some marks on the product, or, it may not have its original box, it will still have to come with everything that is required for the product to work. I hope that I have managed to help you and anyone else regarding grading. A grade= practically new, should not have any scratches or damage to the product and MUST have all of it's original accessories. B grade= General wear and tear marks of a used product, may not have its original accessories as these are not always require, unless the product in question needs them to allow it to function properly. C grade= heavy scratches to the product, it may not have its original accessories.

By kira h.

unlocked simply tells you whether or not a product is open to all networks or locked to a specific one. For example, if a product states EE/Virgin/3 then it will be locked to that specific network, if however it says unlocked or any network you are able to put any service provider into that product. The A and B seen in the product description is a way pf grading the phone and stating what condition it is considered to be in. A grade is the best grade possible for a phone/table/laptop/camera. this means that it should be immaculate and have all of its original accessories. B grade is considered used and may have some general wear and tear marks, which will not affect the usage pf the product. it may not have its original accessories but will come with anything that is required to allow use the product properly.

By kira h.

Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?