Review of Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Watford, England, United Kingdom
wecare@webuy.com

ethanf34
4/18/19

I was looking online, for cheap games for my Xbox 360 as I can't affors much as I'm only 12 but I got 7 really cool but the coolest game is definitely WWE which was 3 pounds and I got all the games with my Mum games for about 20 pounds and it's amazing CEX is such an amazing business and has really helped me and I will probably come back soon as I need a upgrade.
Thanks Ethan Franklin.

davidm1959
4/14/19

Terrible shop in East Kilbride.. Will never return to this shop. went in 11 days ago and asked for a samsung plug as I had found my phone was only charging slowly just using a wire pluged into an extension cord. Was sold a samsung plug and cable. Tried it but same problem with these. it only charges phone slow. Tried to return today to be told that I could only return for credit as it was more than two days. Under the low, as I was sold something unfit for purpose, I am entitles to a full refund up to 30 days. They dont even have a refund posted on their wall. Needless to say, I will never return to this shop again. I lost £11, but you have lost a customer.

bincyj
4/10/19

This is a joke. Poor customer service, rude and clueless staff. Bought an item from them, damaged and faulty.. to return it I had to wait an hour for their test.. was send back saying they could not test it because it had a lock. What kind of tester is it who does not know to test run an iPad with a lock on it??? And they refuse to refund saying guis was sold to me as it was. Who will buy a faulty iPad...Stay away.... this people are just here to cheat you. Do not buy anything from them.

ianb224
4/5/19

Warranty not honoured on two separate purchases made by my two teenage sons. who were stonewalled and bullied by staff at the shop - very poor behaviour.

I can't understand how they are still in business.

ninap51
3/15/19

So I went pick up my surface pro 5 from Bromley branch. There are numerous scratches! (some scratch are 10cm long and deep) near the volume rocker is chipped, the touch screen isn't even working properly, there's dead zone on the screen where the touch doesn't work. The camera is partially covered by wire, speaker mesh is frayed/damaged, there's glue on the edge of the screen and there's some unknown dirt on the fold which looks like weed. They didn't just not fix my screen but managed to damage it even more, I am really disappointed and angry with the service!!

jayj205
3/14/19

I believe CEX are a scam company too.
1. On 13/03/19 I took an immaculate Huawei phone , box charger , everything - the assistant agreed it was 'A' grade and said come back in 40 mins.
On return they told me it failed as the phone is bent.
What ?!? it's made of wafer thin glass and metal - there are zero signs of stress or cracking !
I disagreed and demonstrated a piece of paper could not even pass under the phone ! - note the paper is a TENTH of a millimetre. . . .
The test report says it has passed the visual inspection.
Had a 30 minute disagreement and had to leave in frustration.
2. Next day took it to another Cex store.
Remember the phone is in immaculate condition.
The assistant took one look at the charger jack and downgraded it to a 'B' grade - when the phone will easily sell at 'A' grade !
Walked out in disagreement and went to another Cex store.
3. The next Cex store agreed my phone was in PERFECT condition and said it was easily 'A' grade.
Told me to come back in 30 minutes after the test.
Came back - they told me it has failed as the Gyroscope is not working !
What ?!?
Then they proceeded to explain to me what a gyroscope was - i am fully aware what it is.
I demonstrated the gyro was working perfectly by going on to You tube and turning the phone 90 degrees - the display flipped in time indicating the gyroscope does work .
The Cex tester said , no there's another part of the gyroscope wrong (BS) and it's failed on their software.
He showed me and it was a basic screen which i doubted immediately.
I activated the 'Compass' Function on the phone and again demonstrated the gyro is working perfectly in every degree .
The Cex tester said yes i can see it's working but it's failed on OUR system.
Treble Frustration for me - an honest customer with an immaculate phone . . . . Cex statements were proven wrong on each occasion but they refused to take in the phone as promised !
There is some sort of SCAM going on here - 3 stores fabricated a lie to avoid taking my spotless , fully functional boxed phone.
What the heck is going on with Cex ????
Still fuming and deflated . . . . .

lorrainel58
3/12/19

My boyfriend bought a I phone 6 plus last July for my son as a present, the phone was £280.00 and we were told came with a two year warranty. About a month ago the phone stopped working and I took to CEX in Braintree and they did a warranty test but couldn't fix the problem of the phone logging my son out of the network so looked closer at phone saying very small mark on phone so they will not fix!!!!! I take this as we have your money your on your own! We have the phone with a phone engineer who has looked at phone and informs us phone is a faulty phone as one chip is taking the others out and the engineer is unable to find a replacement chip. I have now had to buy another phone on ebay as not fair my son is without a phone.... I'm very disappointed with the service and right now would NOT recommend parents buy phones for their children from this company.

simonc136
3/8/19

I work abroad i bought an Samsung Galaxy s7 for a work phone witch was broke and kept ending my important calls so i returned it after a week as you do only to be told because its out of the two day warranty there is nothing they can do made a formal complaint to head office to be told the same thing don't buy from this company if your item breaks and you spend £200+ like me your well and truly out of pocket even with my receipt.

garyw332
3/8/19

Awful. Sent wrong disc. Fair enough. Used my time to print the return stuff. Great. But no reply given to me, just refunded when i was told the correct disc would be sent out once returned. Like i wasent worth their time

So is that what you do? Send special edition boxes but just insert any discs you please and hope they dont notice and be all nicey nice but once you issue your redund thats it sorted when you didnt even request it, well i hope you dont plan on sending wrong disc and correct box to some other victum. Would not surprise me. DO NOT USE ONLINE. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER WITH £ NEXT TO IT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE ONLINE. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER WITH £ NEXT TO IT.

jetcoolf
2/22/19

Beware I've lost a lot of money with this company compared to eBay eBay might actually be better last two weeks I had 2 iPhone XS Max with problems only was able to get a refund on one because one was blocked but the C grade 1 they sold me had a cracked screen and I didn't get any refund fact that one cost me £400 to swap in for a different one but eBay would've given back my full cost

gordyr1
2/13/19

I took a perfectly good Samsung Galaxy S6 into the Barnsley branch today. The lad powered it up said that's fine, we agreed a price of £99 cash and he said come back in 40 minutes. So I did and this other lad said they can't buy it because when the camera turns on there's a SLIGHT vibration on the phone. Which is RUBBISH. I look after my phones and I swear on my stepkids' lives there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway I suffer from panic attacks and they caused me to have another one in the middle of the town centre with people starting at me. So no money and indignity on top.....

wimpyt
2/12/19

Purchased a wii u gamepad.
It arrived promptly, worked and came with a charging cable, but was disgustingly filthy with old dead skin and finger prints and was missing the stylus described in the product description.

Moreover, my review to this nature on their own site was rejected.

lulut4
2/9/19

Rude, dismissive and couldn't give a toss about the customer. They clearly don't want to sell anything as Gloucester shop is always rammed with people trading in. That's fine but how hard is it to have a fast track till for those just wanting to make a quick purchase? Waited over 30 mins only to be snapped at by young man at till. Will never spend my money there again

adrianr56
1/30/19

The staff were friendly but the work done on my PS4 I took in there for repair is awful. They told me I should have it back in about 10 days but it took that long to leave the shop for the repair centre. I had to go in after a week of giving it to them to ask why nothing had happened. That was the second time I had to go back. The first time was because the staff member who originally served me forgot to give me a form that they needed. It finally came back to the shop unrepaired which I could have lived with if it had not been in worse condition than it was before. There was no problem with the gameplay before sending it off jut the picture quality. Now they've put it in safe mode and it won't even work enough to let me do anything about it. I can't get on it to get my game data off because they somehow made it worse than it already was. Thankfully they didn't charge me for it but I lost three and a half weeks waiting for it back. If I had known it was a lost cause beforehand I wouldn't have bothered. If I have any more problems with my PS4 or computer in the future then I would not bring it here. I would even travel further away just to get the problem fixed.

anthonyg278
1/12/19

Agreed a price then paid less
Do not even want to give one star. After inspection of my phones, a price was agreed and forms were filled in. We were told the money would be in our account within a day or two. We have now just received a voicemail saying that they are going to pay us a lot less now because of one of wear and tear on one of the phones. Scandalous!

emzk
12/22/18

Bought a 2nd hand video card with 3 fans from Cex with a 2 year warranty. Discovered one of the fans had sheared off. Checked and found that it was still within the warranty. Brought the video card in for a warranty check. Was told, initially that it was determined that the damage was caused by the customer because the video card's case had been opened(I hadn't). Pointed out that if it had been opened I bought it off them in that state, seeing as it was a pre-owned product.

Later on told that the damage was caused by customer because "i had overpowered the card". Same thing, I hadn't because I don't overclock. Inconsistancy between reasons given shows they're lies invented to allow them to refuse to honour the warranty.

Cex are crooks, will never buy from them again.

daniela309
12/11/18

I ordered a headset from cex costing me 74. 99. The courier they used just left out on my doorstep whilst I was at work, he didn't even leave a card through the post or try a neighbour. All that was sent was a email stating where he had left it. When I returned home from work the parcel had been taken. Ups delivery service admitted liability to me over the phone and requested me to contact CEX to start a refund.
It's now been over a week, CEX have spoken to ups , they know the parcel had been stolen, yet a refund had not been issued and I just receive emails starting that the matter is getting investigated!!!!
Surely having all the evidence, and ups actually telling you that there driver didn't even get the parcel sighned for!!!. You should of issued me with a instant refund and then carried on your investigation with ups. BUT NO I'm now waiting still, so close to Christmas for my refund .... terrible customer service. I will not be using CEX AGAIN. now my son may possibly go without he's Christmas present.

duanea23
12/9/18

Just had one of my worst shopping experiences ever at the Northallerton branch with an ignorant and rude lady that cost them over £270 worth of sales. I was so embarrassed by her tactless behaviour I walked away wondering what just happened

shaunl76
12/5/18

I bought a poke ball controller online for £46.50. Argos sell them for £49.99. I checked in my local store and was told it was new. When it arrived it was in bubble wrap in a cardboard box. Clearly not new and hugely overpriced for something used. Avoid avoid avoid.

asifp
11/23/18

Order number EQ230081
18th Nov made a visit to Cex East Ham, was served by Hammad, I had 6 brand new unlocked mobile phone which I wanted to sell price was agreed and a form was filled out. I thought instead of cash I would get the payment as bank transfer so I wouldn't have to come back to the shop. Hammad had advised me that by the 20th Nov latest I would have the money in my account, I waited until the 21st and got nothing so on the 21st I went to Cex East Ham and had spoken to a young Asian girl who told me the phones have not been checked and she doesn't know why but it will be check today and yet another form was filled out and that I would get the bank transfer in my account by 22nd nov but of course still nothing no payment so I went back to Cex East Ham a third time on 22 nov and had spoken to Hammad again and he was unsure why this wasn't proceed but whilst I was in store at the counter he had proceed it all and I will get the money in my account by 23rd nov and he was 110% sure about that, those were his words. So today is 23rd Nov and still no money has been paid into my bank account? Wonder if anyone can help as in store they don't seem very professional and obviously don't care about their customers and don't know how to provide customer service and are good at lying this proves. I have patiently waiting but after the third time this is getting ridiculous and really annoying me and wasting my time.

adamg180
10/31/18

I recently purchased a Nintendo switch console from CEX online. It was £270 (very pricey for second hand) and when it arrived it was missing the joy con grip' which is essentially the controller, so a fairly vital part!

I tried to find a contact number and very quickly found out CEX have no phone number and all communication must be done via email.

I emailed CEX explaining what had happened and I received an automatic email saying I would hear back within in 48 hours. 48 hours came and went with no reply, so I emailed them again.

I finally got a response apologising and telling me the missing part had been sent to me. 4 days later it arrived, I was out at the time so it was taken to my local post office where I had to pick it up. Upon collecting it from the post office, I opened it to find out they had sent me the incorrect part.

I sent another email to CEX and 4 days later they apologised and said another one had been sent to me. I asked them to confirm that it was the correct part and asked if I'd be getting any compensation for the time of mine they had wasted, as of yet no response from them.

It is now close to a month since my console arrived and I am still waiting for the controller that was supposed to be included.

Do yourself a favour and avoid CEX at all costs. They make mistakes, which to be fair everyone does, but after making the mistakes they have little care or urgency to sort it out and are happy to ignore a customer after they've got their money.

thomasg277
10/22/18

bought a camera from them online camera of my dreams turned into a nightmare 6 months in it fell apart, claimed it was my fault wouldn't refund was rude ,claimed they wouldn't sell stuff in condition they sold to me, 24 month warentee is worthless dispute put in to paypal to hopefully get some money back don't buy from them its a scam they are a scam

richardw659
10/10/18

Possibly the worst shop (if that's what you want to call it) in the country! They'll give you next to nothing for your goods & sell them for an incredible profit. Photocopied covers on DVD's with no notification, wrong DVD's in the box (really pisses me off when I have to return to the same shop three times to get the right disc that I've paid for). West Bromwich is the WORST of the branches. Dopey staff that have never heard of customer service & have a couldn't care less attitude! Won't use these rip off merchants again!

liamc45
10/5/18

I order an official sega 6 button pad online for £16.50 only to be sent a cheap chinese knock off you can get on ebay for £3.51

pipp1
10/4/18

This year I have purchased quite a few things from cex. The results were wrong products, damaged products and products that had no supporting applications that being a jawbone fitness tracker.
The only thing they ever say when you contact them is sorry and quote their returns policy.
In my experience this year they have just got worse and they were not that good to start with.
Also some of their used items are nearly as much as a brand new item.

B grade is considered as looking used. so for example, it may have some wear and tear marks on, however, nothing major that will affect the use of the product. Furthermore, an item is considered a B grade, if the product does not have its original box. With the product that you are enquiring about, this may have some marks on the product, or, it may not have its original box, it will still have to come with everything that is required for the product to work. I hope that I have managed to help you and anyone else regarding grading. A grade= practically new, should not have any scratches or damage to the product and MUST have all of it's original accessories. B grade= General wear and tear marks of a used product, may not have its original accessories as these are not always require, unless the product in question needs them to allow it to function properly. C grade= heavy scratches to the product, it may not have its original accessories.

By kira h.

unlocked simply tells you whether or not a product is open to all networks or locked to a specific one. For example, if a product states EE/Virgin/3 then it will be locked to that specific network, if however it says unlocked or any network you are able to put any service provider into that product. The A and B seen in the product description is a way pf grading the phone and stating what condition it is considered to be in. A grade is the best grade possible for a phone/table/laptop/camera. this means that it should be immaculate and have all of its original accessories. B grade is considered used and may have some general wear and tear marks, which will not affect the usage pf the product. it may not have its original accessories but will come with anything that is required to allow use the product properly.

By kira h.

Questions? Get answers from the Uk.WeBuy (CeX) staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Uk.WeBuy (CeX)

Uk.WeBuy (CeX)?