Review of The Knot

feedback@theknot.com
2017 Customer choice award

cah23
10/18/17

We had a fabulous event at RrdTail for our nieces baby shower
Staff was so attentive and food was tasty

kailuat
9/30/17

My daughter had her wedding at the Aria. The Venue downstairs and outside is beautiful. Customer service from the office to the staff helpers was horrible. The rest of the place needs a paint job. We showed up and there was no food in bridal suite not even champagne to start with. They promised us that we could arrive before two hours of the event starting and they forced us to one and a half hours. The suite was a sauna and had no AC. Our hairs were suffering from the bad climate in the room. Apparently, they must be having financial issues, as I am a financial consultant and the red flags were there. The AC was not turned on and when they did for the receiption, it was very low. Furthermore, lighting in the halls were close the dark, obviously saving on light. We had the ceremony outside, and were promised heaters, yet none were on. We all froze and they were only turned due to our persistence, after the $#*!tail hour was almost over. Please note that the current $#*!tail hour was outside. As for staff helpers they were HORRIBLE. The matre d' Sergio was worthless and clueless. My husband had to take over or the receiption process and formalities would not have started. The Bridal attendant just roamed around and not pleasant when had to do her job. During the receiption staff was dancing, hugging and kissing on one another. The females were flirting with the single men in the bridal party. The food was distributed in an unorganized manner and the soup seemed to be from Campbell can of soup. We paid extra for the venese hour and was all llimited though we paid for the premium package. Do not let looks deceive you. You will cry on your special day if you use this venue.

marleneb25
9/28/17

If you are looking for a place to hold a wedding/reception, look no further. Wedgewood Pines in Stow, Ma is a magical place that will provide a spectacular venue for your special day. The setting is idyllic. We held a post wedding reception brunch last weekend. Trish Silva, event coordinator is a hidden gem. She made excellent suggestions and made us feel very special. The food was outstanding from the $#*!tail hour through dessert. Her chef and staff were wonderful to our guests. It was a seamless event, very reasonably priced and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

cherylm162
9/26/17

Our daughter's wedding at the Claridge Hotel in Atlantic City was just fantastic. James Sacco, and all of the Claridge employees went over and above to make this such a memorable day for all of us .
The Migliacci Family

lisae100
9/1/17

As everyone knows being a bride can be stressful time , however I must tell you that I could not of been happier with the entire team at the 3 West Club.

I remember the day my fiance and I went to view the club and meet Ryan Furio for the first time. The warmth and help from Ryan had us book immediately and i can tell you that Ryan and his team were amazing all the way through from beginning to end of the ceremony.

I would highly recommend The 3 West club for any venue and :)

Happily Married
Lisa Eitelberg

roberta456
8/9/17

We had Levan's Catering do our wedding. They were professional and we were so pleased with the result! We are getting so many comments on the food, service and the personal were great! We highly recommend Levan's Catering! Thank you!

anniea31
7/27/17

I tried to post a review on vendor that I was given bad services and they kept requesting me to change the entire review. There argument was that they must be fair to vendors also. But then what about consumers? What about vendors who scam people out of their money for weddings? The knot is not authentic don't go by their reviews.

eldarr
7/19/17

This is a huge violation of privacy. I specifically made the settings private and yet there it is in a simple goodle search! ALL THE DETAILS OF OUR WEDDING FOR THE WORLD TO SEE! I would be own to sue. I have never been so pissed.

jaimes40
7/7/17

I used the knot to host my wedding website. They have this neat electronic RSVP feature & allows you to use secure RSVP, so only people invited can respind. Pretty neat I thought, except the secure feature kerps reversing (3 times do far & counting). I have had multiple people not invited to my wedding RSVP to it. I've now resorted to checking the settings multiple times a day to make sure I dont end up having to tell dozens of people they werent supposed to be allowed to RSVP. Its awful!!! I would suggest anybody considering them for this to look elsewhere!

lesliej24
6/6/17

So, the site is really helpful. The timeline list thing is a great guideline. The free wedding website thing is helpful and sometimes they have some good advice. Some people have said that you can't delete anything and I've not had this problem. Our wedding date changed and it changed ok, but I've not gotten married yet so I've not needed to take anything down.

That being said, I would avoid the forums. It's like any forum. A lot of people there want to be jerks.

Weddings are different from culture to culture and family to family (couple to couple of course). Therefore, something that is acceptable or expected in one culture is frowned on in another. People on this site don't know that and will jump down your throat if they disagree. If you need advice, talk to actual humans.

sidonyd
6/2/17

Website has some good pages, but be sure to avoid the "community" forums. Bad software, you can never get rid of your posts (also nearly impossible to remove a wedding page -- no respect for your privacy) and nothing but a catty clique of 'mean girl' Bridezillas and their yes-women anyway.

mikel333
5/16/17

Vendors can write their own reviews and post them on this website.
Also consumer reviews are not verified so anyone can post a review.
No guidelines or rules for vendors or consumers.
Mind blowing of how these people are still in business with the amount of negative reviews.

kristins50
5/16/17

My family's photography business has been a client of The Knot for quite sometime. Recently, my father passed and the business closed. We were told to send a letter stating we wanted to cancel our account as well as the reasoning. We did this right away. We were still billed that month which we understood because it was last minute. This month, we will billed again. After numerous calls trying to get connected to the billing department, we finally connected with someone in this department. They were extremely inconsiderate of the situation and not helpful at all. They acted like it was our fault our family member passed. She could not explain why we were billed again and kept blaming the credit card company. There was zero sympathy for our situation. The agent was speaking to a woman whose husband had just passed and she did not care one bit what she was going through and how much tougher she was making this process.

robink22
5/10/17

I had high hopes for The Knot as it seemed to be "the" place to go for a wedding website. However, my hopes were dashed. The Knot is only for those who have a lot of time to expend on navigating this bizarrely organized site. Not much is easy to do (not even registries/charities), and the customer service is nil. If you have time and enjoy piddling around a wedding site, go for it. But if you have a life, you may want to look elsewhere.

susant111
5/8/17

I have a free site on The Knot.com which has helped me get found. Despite being one of the best and reasonably priced wedding vendors around, rarely do these contacts result in booked weddings. I just found out one reason why. Any crackpot can give me a bad review and because I don't pay The Knot $100 a month, I cannot dispute or even respond to this injustice. Once again The Knot sucks.

johnnyr37
5/4/17

who can i speak to about neg reviews too at he knot please or how do i go about and fix these issues i nno nothing about

trudym6
4/29/17

If you want a true partner to guide you through your best times, Patken Photography is it. With all of the hustle and bustle of my daughter's wedding, Doug Gordon was patient, flexible and most of all funny. He really contributed to our day and everyone was at ease. No pressure was the name of the game and the pictures are beautiful. Every moment to cherish captured. Thank you Doug Gordon and Patken Photography!

samanthab87
4/24/17

Three sweets cake creations did my wedding cake on 04/22/17 and it was absolutely beautiful and tasting amazing!!
I always have her so cakes for my children's birthdays and anytime I need them and she does such a great job!!!
Thank you Cristalee!!
She is located in Bristol, RI if your getting married and need a cake!!

jennyw60
4/18/17

I am a vendor and i am very dissatisfied with the customer service I have received at The Knot. If there were another website out there that was similar I would leave in a heartbeat. I think they are able to take advantage of this and screw over their vendors. Really hate that I feel the need to continue using their services.

tomikoc
4/3/17

They are unable to maintain privacy- even if you change your settings to private (after several months of contacting them & waiting) they are unable to keep your wedding website off of search engines. For some this may not be a priority, however for me personally, having dealt with some undesirable attention, this was a nightmare. Otherwise I believe this site is good, but the lack of control over your own privacy from the public is disturbing & detrimental.

anthonyp111
3/22/17

The last thing (The Knot) is obviously concerned with is the Vendor Reviews on their site, They can care less and DO NOT Verify them. Go to WeddingWire you will get much more business for your buck and reviews are verified. Believe and take it from me... I am a leading wedding vendor in the Jacksonville Florida Area

blahb26
3/9/17

Just read thereviews, no customer support not vendor friendly.
!! WEDDING WIRE top natch. !!

victoriam90
3/8/17

I had a really short engagement and I heard everyone was using The Knot. However, when I began to use it, their site would not work 80% of the time I needed it to. It would not allow me to go to access the site to edit my webpage that I created and it deleted the guests I had added to the guest list manager. WORST WEBSITE! DO NOT USE THIS! I would suggest Wedding Wire. I used it as "backup" and I never once had an issue with it!

sarahm288
3/7/17

I emailed them to complain that there were issues with my webpage and they blocked me from emailing them again. They give your details to other people without your permission. Stay away.

graciel29
gracie l.
1/11/17

Your website absolutely $#*!ing sucks! i will never recommend this website. it keeps crashing and it keeps erasing stuff ive all ready posted. if i hadnt all ready wasted 6 months on the site i would have erased my account and gone elsewhere.

275 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

My honest opinion..... do not use theknot.com for your wedding. It crashes often and can be extremely frustrating. Believe me... I used it and was locked into using it because it was on all of my invitations. My best advice: use weddingwire.com . But, if you're not going to listen to my advice or are locked in and stuck as I was, go to your wedding website (not in preview mode) and click on guest list from the dashboard......well.... After 9 attempts, TK will not load properly so that I can step you through it (everything else on my computer works great). Sorry, that's all I have for you. I hate theknot.com!

By Brittany R. on 9/10/15

Sorry, have no idea.

By Catherine G. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

That's the problem with this site, there's nobody to really help you with issues. I wish u luck but I don't know....

By Barb W. on 4/16/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the The Knot staff and other customers.

The Knot?