Review of The Knot

Tel: 800-390-9784.
feedback@theknot.com

lesliej24
6/6/17

So, the site is really helpful. The timeline list thing is a great guideline. The free wedding website thing is helpful and sometimes they have some good advice. Some people have said that you can't delete anything and I've not had this problem. Our wedding date changed and it changed ok, but I've not gotten married yet so I've not needed to take anything down.

That being said, I would avoid the forums. It's like any forum. A lot of people there want to be jerks.

Weddings are different from culture to culture and family to family (couple to couple of course). Therefore, something that is acceptable or expected in one culture is frowned on in another. People on this site don't know that and will jump down your throat if they disagree. If you need advice, talk to actual humans.

sidonyd
6/2/17

Website has some good pages, but be sure to avoid the "community" forums. Bad software, you can never get rid of your posts (also nearly impossible to remove a wedding page -- no respect for your privacy) and nothing but a catty clique of 'mean girl' Bridezillas and their yes-women anyway.

mikel333
5/16/17

Vendors can write their own reviews and post them on this website.
Also consumer reviews are not verified so anyone can post a review.
No guidelines or rules for vendors or consumers.
Mind blowing of how these people are still in business with the amount of negative reviews.

kristins50
5/16/17

My family's photography business has been a client of The Knot for quite sometime. Recently, my father passed and the business closed. We were told to send a letter stating we wanted to cancel our account as well as the reasoning. We did this right away. We were still billed that month which we understood because it was last minute. This month, we will billed again. After numerous calls trying to get connected to the billing department, we finally connected with someone in this department. They were extremely inconsiderate of the situation and not helpful at all. They acted like it was our fault our family member passed. She could not explain why we were billed again and kept blaming the credit card company. There was zero sympathy for our situation. The agent was speaking to a woman whose husband had just passed and she did not care one bit what she was going through and how much tougher she was making this process.

robink22
5/10/17

I had high hopes for The Knot as it seemed to be "the" place to go for a wedding website. However, my hopes were dashed. The Knot is only for those who have a lot of time to expend on navigating this bizarrely organized site. Not much is easy to do (not even registries/charities), and the customer service is nil. If you have time and enjoy piddling around a wedding site, go for it. But if you have a life, you may want to look elsewhere.

susant111
5/8/17

I have a free site on The Knot.com which has helped me get found. Despite being one of the best and reasonably priced wedding vendors around, rarely do these contacts result in booked weddings. I just found out one reason why. Any crackpot can give me a bad review and because I don't pay The Knot $100 a month, I cannot dispute or even respond to this injustice. Once again The Knot sucks.

johnnyr37
5/4/17

who can i speak to about neg reviews too at he knot please or how do i go about and fix these issues i nno nothing about

trudym6
4/29/17

If you want a true partner to guide you through your best times, Patken Photography is it. With all of the hustle and bustle of my daughter's wedding, Doug Gordon was patient, flexible and most of all funny. He really contributed to our day and everyone was at ease. No pressure was the name of the game and the pictures are beautiful. Every moment to cherish captured. Thank you Doug Gordon and Patken Photography!

samanthab87
4/24/17

Three sweets cake creations did my wedding cake on 04/22/17 and it was absolutely beautiful and tasting amazing!!
I always have her so cakes for my children's birthdays and anytime I need them and she does such a great job!!!
Thank you Cristalee!!
She is located in Bristol, RI if your getting married and need a cake!!

jennyw60
4/18/17

I am a vendor and i am very dissatisfied with the customer service I have received at The Knot. If there were another website out there that was similar I would leave in a heartbeat. I think they are able to take advantage of this and screw over their vendors. Really hate that I feel the need to continue using their services.

tomikoc
4/3/17

They are unable to maintain privacy- even if you change your settings to private (after several months of contacting them & waiting) they are unable to keep your wedding website off of search engines. For some this may not be a priority, however for me personally, having dealt with some undesirable attention, this was a nightmare. Otherwise I believe this site is good, but the lack of control over your own privacy from the public is disturbing & detrimental.

anthonyp111
3/22/17

The last thing (The Knot) is obviously concerned with is the Vendor Reviews on their site, They can care less and DO NOT Verify them. Go to WeddingWire you will get much more business for your buck and reviews are verified. Believe and take it from me... I am a leading wedding vendor in the Jacksonville Florida Area

blahb26
3/9/17

Just read thereviews, no customer support not vendor friendly.
!! WEDDING WIRE top natch. !!

victoriam90
3/8/17

I had a really short engagement and I heard everyone was using The Knot. However, when I began to use it, their site would not work 80% of the time I needed it to. It would not allow me to go to access the site to edit my webpage that I created and it deleted the guests I had added to the guest list manager. WORST WEBSITE! DO NOT USE THIS! I would suggest Wedding Wire. I used it as "backup" and I never once had an issue with it!

sarahm288
3/7/17

I emailed them to complain that there were issues with my webpage and they blocked me from emailing them again. They give your details to other people without your permission. Stay away.

graciel29
1/11/17

Your website absolutely $#*!ing sucks! i will never recommend this website. it keeps crashing and it keeps erasing stuff ive all ready posted. if i hadnt all ready wasted 6 months on the site i would have erased my account and gone elsewhere.

patyriciam
1/4/17

I was one of the many, many victims which it is clear from the many negative posts about the Knot! I am not a member and do not pay for advertising with them only for one reason......I am not comfortable bugging my brides to sign onto their site to write a review. Instead my brides and often parents of the brides mail me thank you cards and notes that often come with photos from the wedding. A vendor that I dealt with recently (not in the wedding industry) charged my credit card and never shipped some items. This happened to nine of us that all ordered from them, paid by credit card and only then to be charged and have nothing shipped. After three long months, we were finally able to get our money returned from the credit card company and the credit card companies awarded us the dispute in every case. In retaliation, she said that she would shower my business with negative reviews which took place via the Knot. A completely false review was written by someone that we never met, never heard of, never talked on the phone with and never did any business with. The review also included many mistakes about us taking a last minute cake which we never because we book out the entire season! We also never hold tastings in our studio so fact after fact was false. When I sent in a dispute to the Knot to look into it, I was told that they can't tell what is the truth and what is not so they just leave them on. I am guessing that if I was an advertiser, they would be much more helpful! What a joke these reviews are. I have some from brides on there that i know the brides and I appreciate them taking the time to take the steps to post a review but if someone decides that they have a grudge or they are upset with anything at all, unrelated to my business, they are completely able to fabricate anything at all that they want to and post it. Now I am finding out that if they decide to punish you, they will even erase your good reviews and leave the bad posts! thank you "The Knot" for being a dishonest and horrible company to deal with. i will make sure that anyone and everyone we knows hears of not only our experience but that of others! Hope that your business suffers as you let vendors do the same due to fake reviews!!!

marcc32
10/20/16

Folks, stay away form companies without integrity!!
Everything was going so well at first. I asked about 200 of my past customers to put a review out there to build a great profile to draw in clients. Which several did. Now most of them are now married and moved on but several of them who put reviews out there used a temporary email or a bogus one because they did not need the spam the The Knot creates. (makes total sense).
I received a negative review but what we presume was an agree guest and she put her anger into a review which was clear. The Knot Review manager Molly so called looked into it and requested documentation. LOL How do you document behavior issues and incidents at a wedding? So Molly got all defensive and wrote a 2 pages line of crap on why the review would stay. During her long letter she clearly admits that "the majority of reviews have frauds names, emails and dates" oh yes she just admitted that the company knows most of the reviews are FAKE!!
Sp if they know this then why allow it? So I took this up were her immediate director and guess what. The mad dog Molly removed all but 4 reviews and left the crappy ones up there.
Please do not use them. Wedding wire has a better system where customers only that are legit hired can review you.

bl1477
10/19/16

I started my business many years ago, any website we are affiliated with gives the user more control over what gets posted/reviews, except for the KNOT. I hate that I wasted my money every month on a service that has so little regard for its business owners. They allowed and still remains one bad review on their site, which apparently they could "care less" about. My first email to report the abuse was never even replied to. Now, 3 years later, I am trying it again. This is the worst site to do business with, don't waste your money. My business has a perfect 5.0 star rating on 20 other sites, and if it weren't for that one Brides nonsense and non factual events. While I still maintain a 5.0 star rating from my clients on this site, its not the point of it. The point is, they allow anyone, to say anything, true or not. BE LEARY! Also, I have tried to take actions to have my business removed, all they would do is move it to a FREE listing. I do not want or care to be a part of any website such as this, who allows such nonsense, they are NON CREDIBLE and do not care about their consumers.

shelleys28
10/12/16

Received several inaccurate reviews, they had the nerve to indicate I was lying then demanded proof or a court order to have removed. So guess what, I called me attorney and had to spend thousand of dollars to get it removed.
Reviews should be based on contractual agreements only. Joe Smith should nto just come in and give a false statement. Turns out they were competitors trying to ruin my rep.

Go with Wedding Wire instead. No proof = no review

bethr37
10/5/16

Tried the premium spot for 6 months, was locked in to a storefront for a year. Even with the spent time and energy into setting up site, we are still upside down in our wedding side of our business. The customer service was horrendous. Standard was email, call, email again to get an answer. The responses never clearly answered our questions. Not as great as people think.

stephanieb112
10/3/16

Very good experience with wonderful people to help and make this a very special time.

kj189
9/9/16

My fiancee and I took pains to make sure that our wedding was a personal, small, and private event and made sure that we did not put any information about it online in a publicly accessible page. We initially did not even create a registry but eventually did so at the request of a family member with a vendor that allowed the registry to be kept private. Even though we specifically selected the private option for our registry, Theknot obtained our registry information from the vendor we were using and proceeded to publish every detail about our wedding on theknot.com including the location, date, our full names, and registry. Theknot took advantage of our wedding information despite our specific selection of a private registry so that they could increase traffic to their website. Theknot's actions are a violation of privacy laws and a misappropriation of our names and private information. We are seriously considering suing this company in a class action format.

amiel5
9/7/16

Karla and the Knot have been great, not only as an advertising tool for our business, but also to help answer questions about trends in the bridal business! I have been to several of their training meetings in person and online and have always walked away feeling I learned something new!

careys19
8/5/16

I tried to get my business taken off theknot because I never put it up in the first place. Not only did someone put my business as a vendor but they attached a website that was from 2002 that I haven't used since then and I can't access. They left a negative review although they never contacted me stating their was any issues. They said they didn't get all the photos they wanted because I wouldn't take control of their group. Their group had been doing tequila shots since before the ceremony and was drunk and out of control. Theknot will not remove the site even though the site was set up fraudulently. They told me I needed to claim the site and correct the information. I tried to set up a new site with my actual true information. They took the new information and combined it with the old site and only corrected the email address. They will not allow me to respond to the negative feedback because I am not paying to do that. That is why I have always used wedding wire and wedding wire is an amazing tool that is FREE! If there was no stars that's what TheKnot would get.Now I am attached to an account that is fraudulent and hurts my business and I can't even respond. The feedback was left over 6 years ago and I just found it when I did a search to see if I had other reviews on the net. I suggest everyone do the same because you may be listed on theKnot without knowing it.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to search your business name with the keyword reviews to see if you are on TheKnot

133 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

My honest opinion..... do not use theknot.com for your wedding. It crashes often and can be extremely frustrating. Believe me... I used it and was locked into using it because it was on all of my invitations. My best advice: use weddingwire.com . But, if you're not going to listen to my advice or are locked in and stuck as I was, go to your wedding website (not in preview mode) and click on guest list from the dashboard......well.... After 9 attempts, TK will not load properly so that I can step you through it (everything else on my computer works great). Sorry, that's all I have for you. I hate theknot.com!

By Brittany R. on 9/10/15

Sorry, have no idea.

By Catherine G. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

That's the problem with this site, there's nobody to really help you with issues. I wish u luck but I don't know....

By Barb W. on 4/16/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the The Knot staff and other customers.

The Knot?