US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

cindyc59

Great customer service, I get on avg one lead a week sometimes more very pleased! (in 31 reviews)

juliak

You can also have start a free wedding website or get a personal url for $30. (in 18 reviews)

ashleyh2

The Knot is a great resource for wedding planning. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rond64
7/26/16

Concerning the 12 month negative contract, what is the best was to handle the people doing collections?

nt45
7/8/16

I have tried countless times to remove my information from this website. Customer service always promises that it will be gone in 30 days or less, but there it is still - six months later. I created an account after getting engaged last year and they make you create a wedding date from the start, but since the date is not set yet, they have false information posted all over the web now which is confusing to my family members. They will not remove it, even though they say they will! Awful. I also know vendors that have used them and had a horrible experience - overcharged with no leads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

michellem177
6/9/16

I am so frustrated with theknot.com. My business is closed. I received a bad review yesterday (from a difficult client I serviced over a year ago), and realized that I needed to take down the storefront. They are not allowing me to remove my listing because "their research" suggests my business is still open... Rather than direct me to prove closure, they sent me a multi paragraph email on how to drum up more reviews. This has been such a waste of time and energy, and extremely insulting. I spent the last two years working tirelessly to change careers, and am now stuck with solicitations (and insults) from theknot brides. Run if you can...

susant90
6/8/16

I have a free listing on the Knot but have been unable to access it to answer inquiries in about 6 months. They did a software "upgrade" and every time I try to access my inquiries it says I must "Claim"my business and update email will be coming, except it never does and the customer service sucks. Still haven't fixed it and I have lost at least 3 weddings.

cliffordz2
6/8/16

At one time, this was a good company to advertise on. I'm a photographer, and even though many leads were bogus, some were not (and I used to get 2-3 leads per week). Now, after the changes they made to the site, I've gotten two leads in six months. The customer service, which used to be good, is horrific. The service person/central specialist doesn't return calls and takes days to respond to your e-mail. The e-mail response system doesn't work (your spacing and signature are all blended together...no paragraph spacing either). On a mobile device, it's very difficult to find the vendors (who, of course, are paying the tab). Again, do not advertise on The Knot. It's a complete waste of money.

jennifert99
6/2/16

Poor customer service.
Lousy, outdated software.

I had a customer submit a negative review to The Knot. First, I tried to claim my business so that I could reply to the review. The website is broken and would not let me claim my listing. There was no information given on the customer so that I couldn't contact her or even verify if it was indeed a real customer.

I contacted customer support and followed their recommendations to 1) claim my business 2) find out how to contact the reviewer. They provided little help in either department.

Eventually, she left another review on another website so I could confirm her identity and I reached out to her. We resolved the issue. I offered her a full refund. She agreed to remove the review and followed the instructions given to do so.

The review remains and now I am getting run around from customer service which states they have contacted the reviewer and perhaps she has changed her mind about removing the review.

In either case, I should be given the ability to at least reply to the review. I am so frustrated with this fraud of a company. I would never spend a cent using their site to promote my business.

nathand30
5/28/16

The knot is the worst website I have ever used. Not user friendly and their programs are antiquated.

Adding a photo to the cover page of the website is a nightmare. The cropping defaults to shifting upwards and to the right of where you actually selected. In addition it doesn't save the section you select if your photo is vertical. However if the photo you select is a horizontal one then and ONLY then will it crop where you want and save what you select.

Also their own equivalent of word doc for the "our story" won't save some of our spell check and it auto capitalizes every time you backspace.

suzannel18
5/23/16

According to Macy's Customer Service, any registry items ordered from Macy's through The Knot can take up to 30 days to be updated on the registry. Wow! That leaves a lot of room for duplicate items for the couple. Better to go through the dept store directly with your registry

eventv
5/11/16

They put you in auto-renewal, and it is impossible to cancel. The marketing packages that they want you to buy always over-promise and absolutely do not deliver on results. We signed up to the minimum year package, and after canceling we now have a credit agency calling us for a second year service that we did not use or want. As a vendor, we were not able to access any inquiries efficiently. Brides, we do not receive any contact information to assess your needs. We can only reply through The Knot, which can be a hassle in itself, so you must go back to the site for responses. The system is inefficient, and I am appalled with this autorenewal scam to vendors. Read the reviews, nobody appreciates being forced into contracts they do not want.

alinaa8
5/7/16

I have created a draft website (password protected of course), i have not registered with any retailer and i have chosen that the site does not appear in google searches and YET it does! ! I thought the website will be available ONLY to the people i will give the link to, when it s ready and I send the link, together with the password! Yet, to my surprise, when i search for my name on google, The registry appears!!! (I have not registered with any retailer!) The link and the short description reveals our names and the wedding date and place!!! For personal reasons I do not wish to have this information publicly available! Not only The Knot is not able to remove this link from google searches now, but I have neither been informed nor asked permission for this info to be on the web upfront!

nikn6
4/28/16

Want to search for a venue within 50 miles? Affordable vs. Expensive? Based on the number of guests? Well too bad, because their filter doesn't even work. Fail.

janed142
3/25/16

Weddings are beautiful amazing experiences and equally stressful. The most STRESSFUL part of my wedding has been utilizing this site. If I could give it negative stars I would.

I made the mistake of using it early on and now that I have sent my invitations and people will be coming to my site and I CAN NOT EDIT IT. There are numerous things that need to be updated and guess what... there is NO possible way to contact a living human being in order to tell them that the back end of there programming isn't working. My wedding party is non-existent. There is no link. There is no one to contact. Therefore, it apparently will continue to be the incorrect information until I get married.

If you have a quality product-- let your audience contact you! Whoever is in charge of the "costumer experience" should flat out be out of a job.

joanneb43
3/13/16

Don't use this wedding,officiant. Came to our home drunk to do our vows. DO NOT USE JIM ALBANI

tlc6
2/29/16

I mostly copy/pasted someone else's post because I had the IDENTICAL experience. Within 30 days I had NO traction on The Knot, but crazy sales through my website. When I tried to cancel I was informed I signed a YEAR contract - but I was told I'm billed monthly - I don't understand. The annual contract never came up! So now, I'm locked in for 11.5 months. "Wish I had read these reviews before getting involved with them. They treat their vendors very badly, customer service is extremely poor, they seem to be only interested in money. They charge a lot of money for very little service and limited tools. Further, the leads from the site are minimal in relationship to the exposure they give you for the cost. Never again, big mistake."

jimmys70
2/9/16

I ordered a bulk order from the knot shop. It was for the wrong amount (120 came in, I wanted 144). I called them within a week of receiving the order. They said there was nothing they could do, I had to pay full price per each additional one I needed instead of the bulk price that I should have received and in addition I had to pay the set up fee AGAIN! They were rude, and not helpful via email or by phone. I wish I could return all of these but I would rather the shot glasses I have to go in the trash then to give them one more red penny. I don't think the company cares about these reviews though, or they would respond...look at the amount of negative reviews.

andrewj53
2/4/16

I'm a vendor and I totally agree with review of Austin G. The Knot has is paying people / bloggers to initiate contact with vendors. They show interest in your services, but the communication stops after a vendor responds. It happened to me for several month. It happens to most vendors. I started saving all e mails received through the knot. In several month I have advertised with the knot, I have not received one e mail from a real potential client and have not booked one wedding through knot. When I tried to end my advertisement early, I received the same answer most vendors on here got - must stay till the end of agreement.
I don't understand one thing. How can a company that is scamming so many vendors and brides stay in business for so many years? This doesn't seem right, does it?

susans188
1/27/16

All our reviews were 5 stars suddenly we get a 1 star that was full of lies it was so obviously an unhappy competitor even our customers came to our defense by writing glowing 5 star reviews. I spent hours with customer service and my "sales rep" and they just wrote me off and defended the phantom bride. I am the one that is paying these people thousands of dollars a year to advertise but who got the benefit of the doubt? well it was not me and they told me to "you have the obligation to prove that it was a competitor" How about taking the side of the vendor who pays. What a joke! once my contract is up they will never again get my business.

angelab105
1/27/16

donnam103
1/19/16

I had my business advertised on The Knot for over 4 years. I was very happy with the response I got until they changed the way brides responded via an app.
I was told "there is something wrong with my email" ...long story short.
When they said hey it's time to renew I emailed them back saying I will be looking for other
avenues to advertise. Now 5 months later they didn't get paid after that and now telling me I owe them for back fees...for WHAT? I lost..I should send them a bill.
So before you advertise with them..make sure "there is nothing wrong with your email" whatever that means.
Several leads responded to went into spam when I did reply. If you advertise online and get a lead you know how important it is to answer in a timely manner...so does The Knot since they are constantly reminding me of this.

alexz30
12/18/15

I dont want to be in the family bizz fr oky dadd i dnt lke ths `

katyv2
12/18/15

David Cheney is the most AMAZING photographer I have ever met!! He will bend his schedule to accomidate yours. Our photoshoots were over-the-top fun and enjoyable. He has a wonderful personality and a charming sense of humor. We loved our photos and can not wait to make an excuse to use him again!!!! He is worth every dime and every minute! You will NOT find a better photographer to capture all of the small treasured moments of your big day!!! After our big day, he is now considered family. I am a DAVID CHENEY FAN!!! Go David! Go David!

Tip for consumers: Listen to what he suggests. He knows what he is talking about.

ingridk5
12/3/15

I try to cancel my account because I haven had a single wedding from this site and I can't afford the price.. I spoke with Jill and Brad and the only think about getting paid, they said you are in a contract for a year if you don't paid the balance we will send you to collection.. well that is I want to cancel so I does get to that point but the only think the care is getting paid. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THE KNOT YOU WONT GET CLIENTS AND STILL HAVE TO PAID FOR A HOLD YEAR THANKS FOR NOTHING THE KNOT I WILL NEVER USED YOUR SERVICE AGAIN

jackr63
11/6/15

It published our exact wedding day and time on google and there is NO way to take it down. DO NOT use this sight.

marys255
11/6/15

While I enjoyed using The Knot to gather inspiration for my wedding and to create our wedding website, I was HIGHLY unimpressed with their customer service. First of all, I was somehow signed up for email blasts and mail blasts from vendors who bought distribution lists from theknot, even though I had specified I did not want to be contacted by any outside vendors. Next, they kept changing the checklists so I was constantly losing what the next steps would be for planning my wedding.

Finally...and most frustatingly, their 'easy' RSVP was not so easy. Yes, the guests could RSVP from the website but 50% of the time, an email would be sent to me saying someone RSVPed while the other 50% had no email. Likewise, 50% of those who RSVPed on the website changed status automatically in our list housed by theknot, then the other 50% of the time they didn't change status which meant I had to meticulously go through my list multiple times in order to make sure I had everyone accounted for...oh this also meant going though their emails and also contacting all our guests again to double check. Oh yea...there were a number of times the guests responses didn't show up. This final issue was so frustrating that I contacted the company about the issue. It's been a month since my wedding and 2 months since I contacted them with no response.

If you don't use them for your guest list, website or checklist and just purely for inspiration, it's great. If you need any support, they are the worst company to use.

donnab75
10/30/15

Had my daughter's wedding On Oct 23 2015.The venue Imperial Designs Banquet Hall in Orlando Florida was truly amazing an all-inclusive paradise I walked into the ballroom and thought I was in a room decorated by David Tutera himself Christian and his crew did an outstanding job I was pleased 100% love love love it . Highly recommended 5 stars Donna B.

133 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheKnot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question