Review of ShoeDazzle

El Segundo, CA, US
Tel: 1.888.508.1888

kirstene6
9/20/17

Stay away. I ordered 2 boots. Didn't like them. Wanted to return them. Couldn't find this return labor they write about. Turns out 1st time customers don't get that option and have to call. Only found this out after scouring their site and giving in to call them. Oh and a 5.95 restock fee. Hilarious. Never again. Waste of time and life. Bye

laquanyas
9/16/17

I order two pair of shoes for 5.5 and they both both arrived in great timing. However, when I went to try on the shoes the boxes both stated a 5.5 but when I pulled out the shoe it was a 7. I immediately called to get the correct size for my birthday dinner 2 weeks away. They no longer had the 5.5 in this shoe so they had to do a store credit so I send the back the two days later. Now it is the following week almost a week after I send them back and still there is no credit on my account. I called the customer service and was informed I have to wait until my return is in there warehouse even though now my size is in stock now... very disappointed in the service I had. I have to be inconvenience due to someone not paying attitude to what they were doing... will be canceling my membership.

sybenieh
9/14/17

They advertise free returns but this is very misleading. You have to pay a restocking fee or you get store credit. The worst part is that store credit can only be used on certain items and cannot be used in conjunction with any promotions. The shoe sizes are inconsistent so you are taking a risk by purchasing any shoes because there is a chance they will not fit and in turn will not be available with another size.

elaines80
9/12/17

I bought a pair of shoes on Shoedazzle a year ago (09/17/2016 to be exact). As always, I did not pay much attention to terms&conditions and checked and moved over. and Yes, that is my fault. I should've known what I was signing into. What happened today (or yesterday 09/09/2017) was Shoedazzle has charged me $39.95 for "VIP charges." I DID NOT know about this money kept going out to shoedazzle until today (09/10/2017). Yes. I did get a pair of shoes which was supposed to be $39.99 shoes as 9.99 last year. But now that I have to pay 39.99 just makes that up and actually took my money. (not to mention all the other months I have paid 39.99 without knowledge.)

IF you really want to buy a pair of shoes with discount, go ahead. but BE AWARE that this place will automatically sign you up for "VIP" and take you money out MONTHLY afterwards.

ALSO, do cancel your VIP membership, you have to call them. (yes, no online cancellation. You HAVE to call them.) I was lucky to cancel by calling them (and it took good 20 minutes to cancel my VIP membership because the guy was repeating same thing OVER and OVER again when I just wanted to cancel this VIP-$#*!. sorry about cursing.)

Besides this whole "scam" side of the shoedazzle, I do find some downside for Shoedazzle. Their pair of shoes are OK. I did manage to use that one pair of shoes I got from shoedazzle last a year. (but I am a light-wearer and I spray water-resistance spray on during winter) but you can get similar level of shoes WITHOUT subscribing it at the other stores and online. Also, as a minimalist person, I do not buy any more than one or two pairs of shoes a year. This 39.99 subscription is NOT WORTH to me.

It maybe a good website for shoe lovers or a person who buys A LOT of pairs of shoes when they can just spend dollars after dollars to buy shoes and make 39.99 worth MONTHLY. I don't know who has that much of money and love for OK shoes.

That was my letting-my-anger-out review. Sorry for any bitterness you felt in this review. I just don't want people like me to lose any more money.

asdfa23
8/20/17

It's a scam designed to lure you into subscribing and paying monthly. The company isn't about creating shoes with style and comfort. They're about getting subscribers in order to generate revenue.

jenellea
8/17/17

Many of the complaints that I've seen here are from VIP members. I've been a VIP member for 7 years and for a while I was purchasing quite a bit from Shoedazzle. However, the products they've been carrying recently don't interest me and even though I've cancelled my VIP membership, citing lack of products which interest me, they tell me I'll have to use my "credits" for purchases. I just don't think the products they offer are worth the money.

I held out, hopeful that the following month would bring something I liked and unfortunately that wasn't the case. Style changes with time and I'm looking for different products which ShoeDazzle doesn't provide. It's disappointing that they don't have a better policy on membership cancellations and refunds.

I certainly won't be recommending the VIP membership or the site in the future.

mores1
8/13/17

The shoes and products were great but when you become a VIP MEMBER be sure to unsubscribe to any monthly subscriptions. It charges my card every month $39.95 and I have only bought two pairs of shoes that cost maybe $15 each. They charged my card like four times and I had to cancel the subscription. They give you like 10.00 credit. I want the whole charge that you took from my account. I would rather all my money instead of some damn store credit. Be sure to cancel when dealing withShoedazzle. Asap because that money adds up

coleena3
8/12/17

I called Shoedazzle on a Tuesday, asking if they had overnight shipping. They don't. I needed a pair of shoes by Friday, told them and was told, not only by a associate but by a supervisor that if I ordered the shoes by Wednesday 11:59 am (EST) they would be processed and shipped the same day. I live in California but I'm originally from Indiana so I know the time differences.
So on Wednesday morning I called Shoedazzle at 8 am (PST)....11 (EST), ordered my shoes and was told they would be processed and shipped the same day.
Later that evening, I received a message stating that they had been shipped. Thursday morning, I check the status of my package and nothing! FedEx showed a label being printed. Nothing else!!
I called Shoedazzle and was told so many different things from...."it takes 24 hours to process" to "it's gone and it's FexEx's fault" to hanging up on me.
My package won't be here by Friday!! It will be here on Monday when I won't be home. I'm leaving Saturday!!! That's why I asked questions before I purchased these damn shoes!!!!
I've never seen a company that won't overnight a package!! Are you kidding me??!!
I was lied to by at least 4 people. Hung up on. Told they tried calling me back but I have the phone records to prove otherwise.
Ok...so what you refunded my shipping. That doesn't help me!! I specifically stated I needed these shoes by Friday. If I knew you couldn't deliver, I NEVER would have ordered them!!!!
I will never never never use this site again!!!

By the way......it states on the website if you order by 11 am (PST) they will be processed and shipped the same day. If not, by next business day. If true.....then I was WAY EARLY ENOUGH for this to happen.

deborahh105
8/12/17

I AM VERY DIS- APPOINTED MY SNEAKERS CAME WITH DAMAGED LACES....BUT YOUR COMPANY WANTS ME TO RUN AROUND TO GET A RETURN LABEL INSTEAD OF SENDING ME ONE IN THE MAIL. I DON'T THINK I WILL BE ORDERING ANYMORE SHOES FROM YOUR COMPANY

chelsear23
8/10/17

I bought two pairs of shoes from them last september 2016. Apparently, without my knowledge, that signed me up for a monthly charge of 39.95 every single month. I was never aware or told by them that this was happening. They took my money and "turned" it into "credit" for their website. But without my knowledge, over the past 10 months I've been charged and my 400 dollars were taken. They refuse to give me a full refund. I called and spoke to someone and they are only giving me half back. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau because that is theft. I believe if I have not used any of my supposed credit that I was not aware about, I deserve complete full refund of MY MONEY.

aliciam75
8/9/17

I made a few orders with shoe dazzle and honestly the first one was perfect. Then my second one I received shoes that were 4 times mmy size and the return policy was crazy. I had to pay for the shipping to return it and pay the shipping to have the correct pair sent back to me. For the $40 dollars it was going to cost me in shipping I said forget it.
I realized a few months later they were charging my credit card as part of the VIP scam they have. I figured since the money is on there site already I might as well spend it. I filled up my shopping cart leaving a little space for shipping and go to check out.... was I ever wrong. You need to use your whole VIP credit on your purchase then pay the additional shipping costs with your credit card. Then items that were part of promotions or sales were showing up full price suddenly. That was it for me. I called for a refund and asked to have my card removed and my VIP subscription cancelled removing my credit card.

A few months later I see I'd been charged every month for the VIP subscription. I call again and ask for the account to be cancelled. The customer service rep told me if I do that without spending it I lose my money. I was furious and kept the account open going on once a month to "skip the month"....... Now we are months later and my credit card expires, I receive a new and think well hey now the subscription is automatically cancelled. Half a year goes by and lone behold somehow they were still taking money off of my card. It wasn't even the same expiration date or cvs code. I have no idea how they managed that one.

I called and after a hassle and 30 minutes of them trying to convince me to keep my account I was final able to cancel it... a nearly 2 year nightmare of stressing about something I didn't even realize I had signed up for. ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!!

tricias32
8/9/17

they make it literally IMPOSSIBLE for you to cancel a VIP membership!!!!! my mom was charged $40 last month because I forgot to cancel and the same thing is about to happen!!!! I can't get in touch with ANYONE!!! I've tried calling, I've tried the online chat, and I'm now trying Facebook messenger and the woman, Rose, is blantanly ignoring me!!!!!!! my messages have all been left on read!!!! I just want my money back and to cancel this stupid account!!!!!!!!!!!

mackenzieg1
8/3/17

To speak to a live agent, it takes forever. You must be willing to wait on hold for a very long time. I have had the worst experiences with this company. I've skipped and still been charged, my order took a MONTH to get to me, I had to go thru hoops to get the credit I was promised. Just such a mess. They try to keep you as a VIP offering a 'one time discount' dont do it. Spend your remaining credits and GET OUT..They also can manual change the prices over the phone..i have a feeling i was duped.

nicolea72
7/29/17

I had a charge on my bank account even after i closed out my accounts. I had called to ask about getting refunded and after 40 minutes on the phone explaining that I did not have this account to a person who spoke no English she finally said I should expect the refund in 5 -10 days. Well we are on day 16 and still no refund. Because of the charge it made my account negative and I have had to pay $269.50 $154 is because of ShoeDazzle themselves. DO NOT SIGN UP with these people. They take your money, basically tell you you screwed up, and then tells you have a great day. Oh and there shoes are terrible. Uncomfortable and cheaply made.

roment
7/22/17

They won't refund my money back ,I Wont my money back cause they takes to long to ship package out to you ,they have you waiting and by that time I found something else that had came to me in order for me to get my money back I have to refuse package and wait for it to get back to them that's more time I'll have to wait for the money to come back on my card y do all that y not just give my refund back today , don't $#*! with this dam site they full of $#*! and they have you waiting for a long time for your package

ayata
7/13/17

So I've been a member for two months until today. This month was the first I skipped because I already had credit from last month that I have yet to use. Today they're having a pretty good sale (for VIP members only) so I tried to make a purchase, only to discover 1- I have been charged this month regardless of having skipped, and 2- my "credit" is pretty much wasted because you can only use that credit towards full priced items, aka not VIP pricing.

I contacted them about both issues.As regard to my purchase he told me that my credit only applies if I'm willing to pay full price and the total has to be above 39$ increments. So lets say you have 78$ in credit like I did earlier today and tried to purchase two items, 1 was 39$ and the other was 19$, my credit would only cover the 39$ item and not the lesser value item even though I have enough balance to cover it! That's just ridiculous, but fine, I should've read the fine print.

He also informed me that they recommend not using the mobile site because sometimes the skipping a month doesn't go through and if it did I should have gotten a confirmation email. I told him I never got one and I didn't know that I was supposed to as this is my first time skipping, I just wanted that credit back. He said he can't do that.

I am seething at this point, use whatever credit I have to buy things I don't really want, and cancel my membership. To cancel I have to speak with a rep, they dont just have a cancel button. He wanted to know why, I told him I just wanted the credit for the month back and they had refused to do that so I'm done. He says I"I see here that you've already used that to make a purchase today so unfortunately I can't return it to you, but I can give you a 20% discount on future items if you will stay as a VIP member" The games they play are unbelievable!

They aren't upfront and customer service is ridiculous. Just stay away

rochellet5
7/9/17

Shoedazzle is not worth the 39.95 to me. I hear the quality of the shoes and stuff have gotten better over the years. But to me there is not much of anything worth buying for 39.95 A MONTH. That is just a personal opinion though. Some people may love the things they have on there. But I only ordered once out of all the couple of years I have been a member. Then it irritates me because it is so easy to forget to skip the month in order to avoid the unnecessary monthly charge. So i have to call them every month to get my refund. Gladly they do keep giving me my money back so that leaves less of a problem for me.The only issue I had was, with a refund that the operator told me she processed. I waited 2 weeks and never got it so I had to call back again and have someone else do it. They also try and convince you to stay with them and just skip your months instead of canceling but i finally just cancelled mine today. I would say overall just to go on there and try it for yourself. There is some good and back aspects of it. But you have to know what your'e getting into and if that is something you want to be apart of. It is 39.95 a month!

juneh39
7/3/17

There's too much to write. Basically they make you remember to skip every month (which sometimes slips your mind) or they steal $40 from you. Ok whatever I have 2 credits because my card was expired and I thought I no longer needed to skip so I went to buy some stuff when they had a BOGO sale. Well guess what? They only let you buy 1 thing for each credit!! So even though I could have gotten several pairs with my 2 credits I would be losing a good bit of money!! What's the point of VIP sales if we can't use the money you take from us?? This is such a scam it's not even funny. I want my money back or be able to shop sales but nope they don't care. I seriously hate this company! I would love to buy since they upped their product quality but no thank you now that I have to wait $80 on like $40-$60 worth of product!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't sign up! They make it impossible to cancel your service and it's very easy to forget and they take the $40 even if you don't have the funds available. The only people who would like this site is rich people and even then I doubt they'd be happy about their policy.

alicial33
6/21/17

I was unknowingly placed in the VIP awards program in 2013 and I have been charged $39.95 each month as of June 13, 2017. It was not until I audited my personal account that I realized that my checking account was being automatically debited by ShoeDazzle. Yes, I should have reviewed my account, but I TRUSTED the company. I entered my credit card number when they expired to make a PURCHASE. I had no idea that my card information would be used monthly.

I have ordered items from the company throughout the years, but the amount I ordered from ShoeDazzle certainly does not equal to the $39.95 I paid monthly. The membership fee is not even stated on the website and when I spoke with Ana "my shoe fashion consultant" she placed me on hold and when she returned she did not answer my question. Instead she kept pushing me to "skip a month" until I had to become very stern with her. She placed me back on hold and when she returned to our call she rattled off a lot of information and told me that I would only receive $79.25 for my FIVE YEARS of monthly deductions.
I am very disappointed and I will definitely never recommend that anyone order an item from Shoedazzle as they will become automatic VIP members and waste their hard earned income for items you can find cheaper in a department store.

vivianel
6/18/17

Shoedazzle is a scam. You buy a shoes from them and they enroll ypu in an automatically iVIP membership, then they start charging your credit card every month. They did this to me for one year till I found out.

ca22239
6/10/17

They charge you every month and only sell a limited variety of extremely high heeled shoes...who wants to stand on sticks? Plus they have almost always run out of stock. Dresses and bags are not even worth the prices. So basically they take your money month after month with nothing much to offer you to buy.

sharat10
6/10/17

After seeing some of ShoeDazzle's beautiful shoes/clothing, I knew I needed to have them. I've bought 3 pairs of shoes from them and I regret getting anything from them. I understand the VIP Membership is a subscription that is completely understandable, but what isn't, is the fact they take money out of your account ($40.00 that I don't have to just hand out) even if you haven't purchased anything....HOW STUPID! I didn't purchase anything else why am I being charged?!?! And then what really pisses me off is the fact that they removed money from my account AND THEN AFTER THE FACT emailed me about how I'll be charged if I don't buy a pair of shoes...I just think it's incredibly stupid to take something away THEN warn me. After this I'm done. I should've been done after the last pair of shoes I got, which I used store credit for and still had money removed from my account! And to put the icing on the cake, don't get me wrong THE SHOES ARE GORGEOUS but have absolutely NO SUPPORT AND ARE PAINFULL AS HELL TO WEAR. I am done with this company I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A THING FROM THEM AGAIN!

kukus
5/31/17

Thinking of making a purchase so I signed up to the website. I always check reviews of the website to make sure it's proper. Upon reading, I found out about the VIP subscription and was so disheartened. I don't have a lot of money being a student and $40 is a lot. Feeling scammed.

shamp3
5/29/17

They charge you 39.99 a month but yet still, when you go on the website to purchase something thats on sale you can't use the credit/your money that they took from u towards the sale purchase. Totally rip off.

samanthal25
5/11/17

I cannot stand that people are rating this company so poorly just because they didn't understand what they were signing up for. Maybe before you decide to give out your credit card info to an online website, you might want to READ what you are signing up for. Plain and simple. Anyways, I LOVE SHOEDAZZLE. I have only gotten two shoes from them so far, and i love both pairs. I was able to track both shoes when they were in transit and they came reasonably fast (i live in Canada too ) . I've skipped the month over TEN times in the past year and they have NEVER charged my card by accident. This is a easy to navigate website with so much selection for people who want trendy shoes but cannot afford designer prices. Will order again!

Helpful answer

Until you purchase your first pair of shoes they will not charge you. Once you do you then have till the 5th of each month to skip. If you forget to do this then you will be charged the $39.95 monthly membership fee. If you choose to cancel you have to call CS and they will cancel. The CS is great and the shoes are good For $39.95 the quality is decent! hope this helps!

By J K. on 6/28/13
Helpful answer

This is a pattern with this company!!! This also happened to me after I canceled my account when I called they talked me out of it by crediting my account for 1 month then giving me 500 points. Don't fall for it you can find better quality shoes so many other places!!! Take the credit and run fast and don't look back!!! They don't deserve our business!!!

By JANET L. on 11/7/15
Helpful answer

There's no cancelation fee.

By Jenie L. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

There is no sign up fee. You must 'skip the month ' by the 5th of the month to avoid being charged $39.95 (which is applied to any purchase) while still being a member. Or you can just cancel completely at any time.

By elizabeth o. on 5/17/15
Helpful answer

I was a good customer until they treated me so bad by not being a good business. I ordered a pair of boots when they arrived I tried on one boot not both and when I called to let them know I received two left feet they didn't give a damn! If you are looking for good quality for less try Zara or Aldo they stand behind they products and the quality and style of shoes are excellent don't waste your time with Shoe Dazzle they will definitely disappoint you on the end!! Good-luck!!! Janet

By JANET L. on 1/9/16

bad quality

By Brit E. on 10/9/15
Helpful answer

The only thing that I know to do is call. The customer service number I have for them is 888-508-1888. That said, I never found their customer service reps that helpful.

By M B. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

I honestly don't know. Think mine came UPS in the states.

By Collette A. on 6/29/15
Helpful answer

If you call the toll free number 1-888-508-1888 and ask them to verify your VIP Membership was canceled they will be able to tell you. Word to the wise.....check your bank statement to make sure they didn't charge you, they have a habit of doing that even after you cancel, it happened to me! Have a great day! Janet

By JANET L. on 12/3/15
Helpful answer

If you just need to change your account details, shipping address, etc., you can do this hovering your mouse's arrow at the top towards the right where it says VIP account (it should be to the left of the checkout button). A drop down menu should then appear. Click on account details. After that, you should see a menu on the right. Click to change whatever details you need to. Don't forget to hit the save changes button! To discontinue your membership with Shoedazzle, I believe you have to call them personally.

By Gina S. on 4/26/15
Questions? Get answers from the ShoeDazzle staff and other customers.

8 Photos for ShoeDazzle