Review of ShoeDazzle

Headquarters
El Segundo, CA, US

ayata
7/13/17

So I've been a member for two months until today. This month was the first I skipped because I already had credit from last month that I have yet to use. Today they're having a pretty good sale (for VIP members only) so I tried to make a purchase, only to discover 1- I have been charged this month regardless of having skipped, and 2- my "credit" is pretty much wasted because you can only use that credit towards full priced items, aka not VIP pricing.

I contacted them about both issues.As regard to my purchase he told me that my credit only applies if I'm willing to pay full price and the total has to be above 39$ increments. So lets say you have 78$ in credit like I did earlier today and tried to purchase two items, 1 was 39$ and the other was 19$, my credit would only cover the 39$ item and not the lesser value item even though I have enough balance to cover it! That's just ridiculous, but fine, I should've read the fine print.

He also informed me that they recommend not using the mobile site because sometimes the skipping a month doesn't go through and if it did I should have gotten a confirmation email. I told him I never got one and I didn't know that I was supposed to as this is my first time skipping, I just wanted that credit back. He said he can't do that.

I am seething at this point, use whatever credit I have to buy things I don't really want, and cancel my membership. To cancel I have to speak with a rep, they dont just have a cancel button. He wanted to know why, I told him I just wanted the credit for the month back and they had refused to do that so I'm done. He says I"I see here that you've already used that to make a purchase today so unfortunately I can't return it to you, but I can give you a 20% discount on future items if you will stay as a VIP member" The games they play are unbelievable!

They aren't upfront and customer service is ridiculous. Just stay away

rochellet5
7/9/17

Shoedazzle is not worth the 39.95 to me. I hear the quality of the shoes and stuff have gotten better over the years. But to me there is not much of anything worth buying for 39.95 A MONTH. That is just a personal opinion though. Some people may love the things they have on there. But I only ordered once out of all the couple of years I have been a member. Then it irritates me because it is so easy to forget to skip the month in order to avoid the unnecessary monthly charge. So i have to call them every month to get my refund. Gladly they do keep giving me my money back so that leaves less of a problem for me.The only issue I had was, with a refund that the operator told me she processed. I waited 2 weeks and never got it so I had to call back again and have someone else do it. They also try and convince you to stay with them and just skip your months instead of canceling but i finally just cancelled mine today. I would say overall just to go on there and try it for yourself. There is some good and back aspects of it. But you have to know what your'e getting into and if that is something you want to be apart of. It is 39.95 a month!

juneh39
7/3/17

There's too much to write. Basically they make you remember to skip every month (which sometimes slips your mind) or they steal $40 from you. Ok whatever I have 2 credits because my card was expired and I thought I no longer needed to skip so I went to buy some stuff when they had a BOGO sale. Well guess what? They only let you buy 1 thing for each credit!! So even though I could have gotten several pairs with my 2 credits I would be losing a good bit of money!! What's the point of VIP sales if we can't use the money you take from us?? This is such a scam it's not even funny. I want my money back or be able to shop sales but nope they don't care. I seriously hate this company! I would love to buy since they upped their product quality but no thank you now that I have to wait $80 on like $40-$60 worth of product!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't sign up! They make it impossible to cancel your service and it's very easy to forget and they take the $40 even if you don't have the funds available. The only people who would like this site is rich people and even then I doubt they'd be happy about their policy.

alicial33
6/21/17

I was unknowingly placed in the VIP awards program in 2013 and I have been charged $39.95 each month as of June 13, 2017. It was not until I audited my personal account that I realized that my checking account was being automatically debited by ShoeDazzle. Yes, I should have reviewed my account, but I TRUSTED the company. I entered my credit card number when they expired to make a PURCHASE. I had no idea that my card information would be used monthly.

I have ordered items from the company throughout the years, but the amount I ordered from ShoeDazzle certainly does not equal to the $39.95 I paid monthly. The membership fee is not even stated on the website and when I spoke with Ana "my shoe fashion consultant" she placed me on hold and when she returned she did not answer my question. Instead she kept pushing me to "skip a month" until I had to become very stern with her. She placed me back on hold and when she returned to our call she rattled off a lot of information and told me that I would only receive $79.25 for my FIVE YEARS of monthly deductions.
I am very disappointed and I will definitely never recommend that anyone order an item from Shoedazzle as they will become automatic VIP members and waste their hard earned income for items you can find cheaper in a department store.

vivianel
6/18/17

Shoedazzle is a scam. You buy a shoes from them and they enroll ypu in an automatically iVIP membership, then they start charging your credit card every month. They did this to me for one year till I found out.

ca22239
6/10/17

They charge you every month and only sell a limited variety of extremely high heeled shoes...who wants to stand on sticks? Plus they have almost always run out of stock. Dresses and bags are not even worth the prices. So basically they take your money month after month with nothing much to offer you to buy.

sharat10
6/10/17

After seeing some of ShoeDazzle's beautiful shoes/clothing, I knew I needed to have them. I've bought 3 pairs of shoes from them and I regret getting anything from them. I understand the VIP Membership is a subscription that is completely understandable, but what isn't, is the fact they take money out of your account ($40.00 that I don't have to just hand out) even if you haven't purchased anything....HOW STUPID! I didn't purchase anything else why am I being charged?!?! And then what really pisses me off is the fact that they removed money from my account AND THEN AFTER THE FACT emailed me about how I'll be charged if I don't buy a pair of shoes...I just think it's incredibly stupid to take something away THEN warn me. After this I'm done. I should've been done after the last pair of shoes I got, which I used store credit for and still had money removed from my account! And to put the icing on the cake, don't get me wrong THE SHOES ARE GORGEOUS but have absolutely NO SUPPORT AND ARE PAINFULL AS HELL TO WEAR. I am done with this company I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A THING FROM THEM AGAIN!

kukus
5/31/17

Thinking of making a purchase so I signed up to the website. I always check reviews of the website to make sure it's proper. Upon reading, I found out about the VIP subscription and was so disheartened. I don't have a lot of money being a student and $40 is a lot. Feeling scammed.

shamp3
5/29/17

They charge you 39.99 a month but yet still, when you go on the website to purchase something thats on sale you can't use the credit/your money that they took from u towards the sale purchase. Totally rip off.

samanthal25
5/11/17

I cannot stand that people are rating this company so poorly just because they didn't understand what they were signing up for. Maybe before you decide to give out your credit card info to an online website, you might want to READ what you are signing up for. Plain and simple. Anyways, I LOVE SHOEDAZZLE. I have only gotten two shoes from them so far, and i love both pairs. I was able to track both shoes when they were in transit and they came reasonably fast (i live in Canada too ) . I've skipped the month over TEN times in the past year and they have NEVER charged my card by accident. This is a easy to navigate website with so much selection for people who want trendy shoes but cannot afford designer prices. Will order again!

gabrielaa11
5/2/17

I made a purchase of 4 shoes and I received the wrong one for one of them. Fine no issue. I called customer service and they told me they couldn't assure I will be getting the right ones, and on top of that to return it I lost $20. They said that it was a warehouse issue, i just think it is unfair how the customers pay for their mistakes. Right away cancelled my membership and returned all shoes. Safe to say I will NOT be purchasing again from these people.

taylord28
4/19/17

I had placed an order for 6 pairs of shoes but when checking the status the 6th pair were no where to be found. I used the free live chat and spoke with Carl. He was amazing. He verified it was me, and waived the price of the shoes because they were supposed to go along with a 2 for 39.95 deal. He was so helpful and I am so thankful! Can't wait for my shoes to arrive!

pamelad58
4/18/17

The shoes I have purchased from then are not only beautiful but the quality is great. I've worn a set of their boots a whole winter for work almost every day in canada and got many compliments on them. Boots are still in good condition.
It pains me to see the reviews saying their website is s scam and that they "take your money". People, this is a SUBSCRIPTION program. However you can skip any month. I have twice forgotten to snykio the month and their customer service issued a refund for me upon request without any problem.
Please read the conditions before you sing up for something and call customer service if you have an issue because this company offers a great service at a great price and also offers very helpful and understanding support. Why leave a bad review for a company that works exactly as advertised? I'm very satisfied with their service and support snd will remain as a customer.

umal1
4/6/17

Inspite of skipping a month..I get charged...This is the second time it's happening.
I am soo disheartened. I am a student and I loose money like this.
It's horrible and I feel cheated. I want my money back!!!!!

marinam42
4/6/17

This is disgusting. You don't tell the customers there will be a VIP membership. If you don't give me the money back, I'll make sure your website closes down. This is disrespectful and arrogant. Don't ever buy anything from there. I'll be returning all the shoes I bought.

ninam41
4/5/17

Watch out for VIP rules they charged me every month $39.99every month by sending virus to my page when I was going through transaction now I am working with my credit card to dispute and also if they won't be responsible I will call better business bureaul or..... please open your eyes and don't lose your money

anitab49
3/31/17

I order from Shoedazzle all the time. The quality is excellent for clothes and shoes, I will always buy from them. Great company. Thanks Shoedazzle!

gabya5
3/30/17

I bought 2 pairs of boots for a really good price + a free pair of heals. To be honest the material the boots are made off it's really nice and soft, they were $50 and I got them for $20 GREAT DEAL! the problem was that they were too high and I mean uneven high, the heal was higher than the front platform : ( walking on this boots was pure pain, only wore one of them once. I had to order size 8 even though I'm s6 they fit perfectly, like for real. I was also charged for the VIP bc of not reading but I got my money back and cancel right away. And lastly the pair I got for free are really CHEAP LOOKING, really HIGH, and came a little broken but surprisingly constable, that's a plus.

deeg39
3/29/17

I ordered 20 pairs of shoes during their 2 for $24 promotion. Out of 20 pair only 2 were too small. I placed my order and received it less than a week later. I called customer service and they were very helpful. She emailed me a return label but i decided to give the smaller pairs to my niece. I'm ecstatic!!! I am aware of the monthly membership fee for VIP's and that you can SKIP A MONTH and not be charged. If you didn't read the notice, then that's your fault. You can't blame the company for your illiteracy!!!

oliviah31
3/21/17

i order a pair of boots size 6 and they send me one boot size 6 and other one size 8 i call to do change and the lady on customer service said they can do nothing about it cuz i did'nt have the box and receipt even that i was in the sistem,, those boot went to the trash i am never buying from them again.

debb1638
3/15/17

What I don't like about this whole VIP thing, is that you cant use your monthly 39.99 to shop any of their sales! If you try to use your monthly credit, your charged full price! Credit only applies toward full price shoes! I will cancel!

brandij9
3/10/17

I ordered some boots for a good price, but then they charged me $39.95, I couldn't figure it out at first. But when I tried to contact them to my surprise there were more complaints for the same scam so to speak. Beware of them.

larissaw3
3/9/17

All these reviews about scams are just people who did not understand what they were doing when they signed up. I have bought numerous pairs of shoes from them, all great quality, super stylish, and priced perfectly. It's not a scam if they straight up TELL YOU that they will be charging you $39.95 a month if you do not opt out. They email me every month reminding me that it's time to shop if I don't want to opt out, which is usually my reminder to opt out for the month when I don't feel like shopping. Opting out is so easy, they don't make it tricky or hard to do. Twice I totally forgot and that's ok, because I went to buy two pairs of shoes today and only paid $4.80. Why? Because the two months I forgot to opt out paid for the rest. Most of the shoes are priced at $39 or $49, so if you forget to opt out, just think of it as you get to go pick out a pair of shoes. I personally love this site. Every business has fine print, when will people learn to read it?!?

justineb19
3/6/17

I recently ordered a pair of heals from them, after joining their VIP club. They were $9.99. But, what they failed to mention was being charged $39.99 a month for it all. It's in small wording. So, I called to cancel my VIP and to close my credit card, so they wouldn't charge me anything anymore, since reading the reviews on here. Thanks for the smart idea, and thanks Shoe Dazzle for being complete scammers!

marym466
3/4/17

For a pair of shoes that cost us $14, we were then charged $39.95 a month TWICE a month for a total of over $3,500 without realizing it. Most expensive shoes we've ever purchased! When we tried to cancel account, they made us stay on phone for over 2 hours and treated us horribly and were very reluctant to close account. Made us beg to close account for over 30 minutes!!! By end of call, my husband was screaming at them and threatened to call the best man from our wedding who is a state Attorney General to attack them. They finally relented and cancelled account but did not refund any money. These folks are the dregs of society!!!

Helpful answer

Until you purchase your first pair of shoes they will not charge you. Once you do you then have till the 5th of each month to skip. If you forget to do this then you will be charged the $39.95 monthly membership fee. If you choose to cancel you have to call CS and they will cancel. The CS is great and the shoes are good For $39.95 the quality is decent! hope this helps!

By J K. on 6/28/13
Helpful answer

This is a pattern with this company!!! This also happened to me after I canceled my account when I called they talked me out of it by crediting my account for 1 month then giving me 500 points. Don't fall for it you can find better quality shoes so many other places!!! Take the credit and run fast and don't look back!!! They don't deserve our business!!!

By JANET L. on 11/7/15
Helpful answer

There's no cancelation fee.

By Jenie L. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

There is no sign up fee. You must 'skip the month ' by the 5th of the month to avoid being charged $39.95 (which is applied to any purchase) while still being a member. Or you can just cancel completely at any time.

By elizabeth o. on 5/17/15
Helpful answer

I was a good customer until they treated me so bad by not being a good business. I ordered a pair of boots when they arrived I tried on one boot not both and when I called to let them know I received two left feet they didn't give a damn! If you are looking for good quality for less try Zara or Aldo they stand behind they products and the quality and style of shoes are excellent don't waste your time with Shoe Dazzle they will definitely disappoint you on the end!! Good-luck!!! Janet

By JANET L. on 1/9/16

bad quality

By Brit E. on 10/9/15
Helpful answer

The only thing that I know to do is call. The customer service number I have for them is 888-508-1888. That said, I never found their customer service reps that helpful.

By M B. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

I honestly don't know. Think mine came UPS in the states.

By Collette A. on 6/29/15
Helpful answer

If you call the toll free number 1-888-508-1888 and ask them to verify your VIP Membership was canceled they will be able to tell you. Word to the wise.....check your bank statement to make sure they didn't charge you, they have a habit of doing that even after you cancel, it happened to me! Have a great day! Janet

By JANET L. on 12/3/15
Helpful answer

If you just need to change your account details, shipping address, etc., you can do this hovering your mouse's arrow at the top towards the right where it says VIP account (it should be to the left of the checkout button). A drop down menu should then appear. Click on account details. After that, you should see a menu on the right. Click to change whatever details you need to. Don't forget to hit the save changes button! To discontinue your membership with Shoedazzle, I believe you have to call them personally.

By Gina S. on 4/26/15
Questions? Get answers from the ShoeDazzle staff and other customers.

8 Photos for ShoeDazzle