US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

annb101
9/16/16

I used rocket lawyer to help write a letter and was content to pay the initial fee I bieve of $9.99. Since then they have billed my card twice for $39.95 when I call to try to stop them you get a run around after the initial wait to listen to their offers. Have nothing to do with this company they are just awful. I changed my credit card number today

paulk154
9/12/16

My elderly parent paid for one copy of power of attorney for $39.95 back in Jan/2016. Just discovered their account has been charged for 8 consecutive month. They did not sign up for a monthly membership. This is an outright fraud!

ginaa16
9/11/16

I went to the site and found it very helpful, making my document was an easy process, after reading the options available, I chose the trail membership so I could ask a legal question, got a quick response and was able to end the trial without any problems. My only gripe is how hard it was to find the cancel option. Turns out its a downgrade option. Would use again as I do not want to pay high attorney fees.

michaelr256
9/6/16

SCAM DO NOT USE I SPENT AN HOURR WORKING ON WHAT WAS TO BE A FREE FORM ONLY TO BE LED TO A SITE DEMANDING $20 FOR THE DOCUMENT. MAMA TAUGHT ME THREE THINGS AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED: 1) DON'T RUN WITH A SUCKER IN YOUR MOUTH 2) THE LORD LOVES A WORKING MAN 3) DON'T TRUST WHITEY.

emilm21
8/29/16

I signed up for a one time $10.00 fee to create a home rental agreement. Then they "automatically" enrolled me and have been charging my credit card $39.95 a month since January. That one document cost me $319.60.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!

cherylm100
8/26/16

Very disappointed with Rocket Lawyer. I used them in February, August and paid for one time use then again in May and used the Free offer only to find out it wasn't free. My credit card has been charged for June, July and August before I realized! The nice customer service lady said I had to cancel the free offer. I would never of done the free offer if I knew that I would have to follow up and cancel it. The free offer was not clear enough in their advertisement. They offered to refund some of my money but not all. Very disappointed and Rocket Lawyer has just lost a customer and will from this point forward I guarantee I will tell everyone I know not to use Rocket Lawyer.

franka64
8/10/16

Like others I signed up to get one document. I then cancelled the service but they continued to charge for a service I cancelled or thought I had. This should be illegal. Company's that make it easy to sign up and hard to cancel should be put out of business and their leaders in jail.

boba62
7/27/16

Does not let you know that if you already have an account in fact your document will not be free. Customer support experience very bad.

tonyay1
7/16/16

I never signed up or agreed to a monthly fee. I'm not sure if this is even legal but I've been charged for several months $40. It's been reported to Usaa fraud team and I really feel cheated!! These people are crooks!!

jond71
7/5/16

After reading these reviews, I was careful to get IN WRITING confirmation that my account was downgraded to a free account. So, it has been "free" for about 45 days. Well, suddenly I noticed a $39.95 bill on my credit card. I logged in and I was switched to a premium account out of nowhere! I haven't even used the service in over 45 days and they randomly started billing me? I have the email proof that I should not be billed. For anyone in my position, PLEASE submit these to your credit card companies so that Rocket Lawyer's credit rating as a merchant is ruined and they cannot do this to anyone else.

jintaoc
7/4/16

I looked for a template and register for an account. It was not until 7month later my software informed me that ROCKET LAWYER is charging me $40 for membership while I didn't signed up for it.

Stay away from it

jimmyt24
6/29/16

And if you did just call your bank and have them put a block and remove any charges. Their way of doing business sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Bought a contract from them and like everybody else they started billing me their stupid $39.99/mo special. Called my bank and blocked them. Ass-clowns.

philipm68
6/19/16

Got a will off Rocketlawyer.com. Paid for the will only, no added services and did not sign up for monthly charges. BOOM!! Got billed the next month for no reason. Put the whole thing into review by American Express. DO NOT USE ROCKETLAWYER!!

kellym152
6/19/16

I went on to Rocket Lawyer to obtain a simple template for a Power of Attorney for my mother who sometimes cares for our children. I did NOT intend to sign up for a membership, but have been billed $40 TWICE. I called to cancel, and then also went onto the website to cancel this "membership." Very expensive for a simple document that I could have written myself! Had I not combed through my credit card statement in detail, who knows how many months I would have been billed $40 for literally nothing! Buyer beware. Please note, I am not commenting about the quality of their legal services per se, but I find their "membership" system to be underhanded.

matsr10
6/18/16

Document downloaded was actually good but credit card used fraudulently immediately after using website.

kathya40
6/14/16

Good document but credit card info was stolen, used to purchase items immediately after giving it to Rocket Lawyer. Thankful to Chase for fraud alert! Reading other reviews, it appears they are criminals

ryant51
6/11/16

I discovered, after closely reviewing my bank account, that I had been charged 39.95 by Rocket Attorney for the past 13 months. As I have never used a form from Rocket Attorney, I inquired about the charge. The response was that I had, according to the company. given my consent for the charge by not successfully declining after I had looked at a form last year. Rather than any form of refund, for a service that I had never used, I was told that my account had been "downgraded" to a free account. Never use this business!!!

ln20
6/10/16

I continue to cancel withdrawals by Rocket Lawyer, unsuccessfully. I am promised my money is being reimbursed, but never see it happen. These people are fraudulent, and misleading. Scammers!

I talked with, and emailed communications to/from Rocket Lawyer. I received promises for reimbursement, but that money never arrived. All emails from RL show the date sent, "Todays date."

rickw51
6/10/16

After you spend all the time to create a document and get to the end you find out that even for a free copy you are going to have to give them a credit card number. Scam!

donaldd43
6/7/16

I actually used them for a couple of IT service agreements. I knew it wasn't really free so when it came up at the end asking if I wanted a 7 day trial for $40 /mth OR if I wanted to just buy the document for $5 ... I chose to buy the document.

I made 3 or 4 contracts this way without any issue. Today, I made another of the same type of document (no changes or new policies or anything) and at the end they said it would cost $60 !?!?! That is a 1200% increase in price!

So I called and was told they may be "testing" prices ??? So, you are trying to see how much you can sucker out of us before we get pissed? Well, now you know, I AM PISSED!

Now their answer was to sign up for the trial and cancel. I explained then that I could NEVER trust a company that increases prices by 1200% WITHOUT NOTICE. After reading the other reviews, I see that was the correct move.

I moved on and got a generic template for free that I can use just changing the names of the parties. Thanks for forcing me to find other options, worked out for me!

sandraw86
6/7/16

I needed one set of documents for a DIY divorce, when I took the documents to file they were turned down for being the wrong documents. I went to another site, was given the correct documents, which were free. Now I find a 40.00$ charge a month later on my account. Stop charging me!

dissapointedc4
5/30/16

The site was helpful for one document. I paid for that document and that was that. I then realized I have been charged with a monthly fee for a half a year? What type of business is this?

fuckt3
5/27/16

I signed a roommate agreement in July of last year through this website.
As soon as I signed my name and saved the document the site closed up and I no longer had access to the document, disappearing into the abyss like Ursula's scroll when the little mermaid signed her voice away for a pair of legs.
Fast forward 7 months, the main lease holder of the house lost her mind and started violating points in the roommate agreement and complaining that we were not BFFS. Becoming vindictive and aggressive she began threatening to "kick [me] out of the house", even though I had violated no points whatsoever and she had.
It turns out the website never documented my signature. As soon as Ursula's scroll snapped shut it kicked me out and pretended I had never existed.
Luckily, I remembered the name of the lawyer who was responsible for drawing up the document, and thought "surely, she will have a signed copy". So I wrote her a letter on the site to send to her. The site then informed me that "somebody" would get back to me, and tried to charge me $50 for something that is my absolute right.
So I googled the name of the lawyer and drove 3 hours to visit her. She was not there. None of her advertising even said she was certified to do leasings/roommate agreements. It was divorce, crime, etc. think Saul Goodman.
I left her a message 3 days ago and she has not responded.
The crazy roommate is going off of her rocker trying to hold me to the contract in the parts that benefit her, but any part that benefits me she tells me that I can't even see the document or talk to somebody above her (no point of contact for property manager) since I am "not on the lease".
F*** this site and every s*** a*** "lawyer" that is a part of it.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Ask $#*! about Rocket Lawyer
bm71
5/6/16

Fraudulent charges on my debit card, even though I have never visited their site. Had never even heard of this fraudulent company.

nettien1
5/4/16

I've been utilizing Rocket Lawyer for a couple of years now and it has proven to be a great service. The Attorney assistance that is provided is also very timely and helpful.

Nettie Nelson

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Rocket Lawyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question