US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

brianh187
12/8/16

Still up to old tricks.
They double dip people after cancelled account before trial period ended.
,$178.99 overdraft on my bank and no refund yet been 1 Mont and your documents are not that great.
Almost everything you need is available for free at any public library

tzew
12/7/16

June 2015 I signed up with their trial to download one legal document. I remember after trying their service I cancelled my trial. However, I never receive any email notice about member cancellation, thinking its been done and put this case behind. However, this month, after 1.5 year, to check my credit card statement to notice rocket lawyer has been swiping my credit card 39.95 for monthly premium member subscription. I immediately log in to the site to delete my credit card but failed as their website do not allow me to delete, also the website would not allow me to remove this non-consented membership. Its illegal to do this. and never billing me for charging my credit card is also illegal! So up to this date I have been fraud USD 716.10. Please stay away from this website. I hope to get my money back. If anyone know how to deal with this issue, please help me!

aarong50
11/30/16

I had no idea I was being charged for the service. It said free trial and then it billed me for two months without me realizing it. I never received an email notifying me that I was being billed or that my trial membership was up. This site is a scam and the people on the phone were very rude. I recommend to stay away from this website and their service. Their excuse was that a lot of times their bills go into the spam folder. The BBB needs to look into these shady practices.

poa5
11/15/16

The service is fine but the membership fee is not clear and difficult to, "decode", at best. A free membership for one week is the offer. Three free documents, as part of the free for one week offer, is VERY hard to find and there is no clear indication of a charge if you exceed the three free documents.

I started my journey on the site to create a single document. When I started to create a second document a screen appeared that required entry of credit card data before I was allowed to proceed. Seems to me if three free document are offered the credit card should not enter into the equation until you start the fourth document. That should have been a clue that something was not quite what was being offered.

After seeing a $39.95 on my credit card statement I contacted a Rocket Lawyer associate to ask about the charge for the free one week opportunity. After trading several emails I finally found a very unclear and carefully worded explanation of what might happen if you use the free for one week service and create more than three documents.

I appreciated the opportunity to create the required legal documents but the lack of clarity about the payment was quite frustrating. The old saying, "if it seems to be too good to be true", it probably is. My advice to the folks at Rocket Lawyer would be to clearly state what the cost really will be. Be clear, be up front and put it on the front page so folks won't be misled. Due to the number of very poor reviews on this site I guess many others have had the same or similar experiences. Do a better job Rocket Lawyer and be very clear. Nuff sed.

mikeg216
11/11/16

Searched "Free, Printable Simple Will" and they were position #1 in Google Search rankings. Took 1/2 hour to complete my will then get the Credit Card notification at the end. Searched further, and it stated you will receive an e-mail confirmation in which you can download the PDF and receive one free. Still waiting for the e-mail confirmation. Should have learned after doing the same on 12Law.com. Bull-$#*!.

robertj173
10/29/16

Used this for power of attorney and thought I had signed up for free service. Like so many others here, found it impossible to cancel. Luckily I found the bogus $39.99 charge before paying my credit card and after some not-so-polite conversations, they removed the charge. Do not use this service.

heidit10
10/27/16

I used Rocket Lawyer several years ago for a free basic rental form. It was much harder to find a basic form and it sure as hell wasn't free. I finally completed the form and when it was complete, the combined first/last/security + dog security was $600 off what it was when the tenant and I separately added them up. What good is a product that makes an enormous error with the simply adding a handful of items?

But at least it gets worse: I just opened my credit card statement and found a $39.95 charge from Rocket Lawyer! So I checked our calendar to see what day I canceled their service (within the period allotted). I note these dates because I have had this happen before (always fought, always won).

This time, I'm not even bothering with contacting Rocket Lawyer. Going straight to CC and protesting. I have owned many businesses and on the few times someone lodged a complaint (always won those, too), I realized they had started adding a $20 charge to all businesses when a complaint is lodged. If it's settled in favor of the business the $20 is refunded. If not, it's not refunded. This is a good way to hold shady companies such as Rocket Lawyer accountable, so please follow suit with problem companies.

dawnk27
10/18/16

If a free document is truly free one should not be FORCED to have an "upgraded" account when in fact one doesnt want an account at all. Thankfully I have an alert on my card for purchases otherwise this would be a backdoor way of scamming customers who are unaware of a ongoing monthly fee whether they use the service or not. The BBB needs to be notified.

brandir12
10/12/16

I asked two questionsabout starting a business. I got two very vague answers. I don't even think they have lawyers that works for them. I wouldn't even call them answers. The answers they gave me sounded like Trump and Clinton avoiding answering a question at a debate. Pathetic like our choices for president.

annb101
9/16/16

I used rocket lawyer to help write a letter and was content to pay the initial fee I bieve of $9.99. Since then they have billed my card twice for $39.95 when I call to try to stop them you get a run around after the initial wait to listen to their offers. Have nothing to do with this company they are just awful. I changed my credit card number today

paulk154
9/12/16

My elderly parent paid for one copy of power of attorney for $39.95 back in Jan/2016. Just discovered their account has been charged for 8 consecutive month. They did not sign up for a monthly membership. This is an outright fraud!

ginaa16
9/11/16

I went to the site and found it very helpful, making my document was an easy process, after reading the options available, I chose the trail membership so I could ask a legal question, got a quick response and was able to end the trial without any problems. My only gripe is how hard it was to find the cancel option. Turns out its a downgrade option. Would use again as I do not want to pay high attorney fees.

michaelr256
9/6/16

SCAM DO NOT USE I SPENT AN HOURR WORKING ON WHAT WAS TO BE A FREE FORM ONLY TO BE LED TO A SITE DEMANDING $20 FOR THE DOCUMENT. MAMA TAUGHT ME THREE THINGS AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED: 1) DON'T RUN WITH A SUCKER IN YOUR MOUTH 2) THE LORD LOVES A WORKING MAN 3) DON'T TRUST WHITEY.

emilm21
8/29/16

I signed up for a one time $10.00 fee to create a home rental agreement. Then they "automatically" enrolled me and have been charging my credit card $39.95 a month since January. That one document cost me $319.60.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!

cherylm100
8/26/16

Very disappointed with Rocket Lawyer. I used them in February, August and paid for one time use then again in May and used the Free offer only to find out it wasn't free. My credit card has been charged for June, July and August before I realized! The nice customer service lady said I had to cancel the free offer. I would never of done the free offer if I knew that I would have to follow up and cancel it. The free offer was not clear enough in their advertisement. They offered to refund some of my money but not all. Very disappointed and Rocket Lawyer has just lost a customer and will from this point forward I guarantee I will tell everyone I know not to use Rocket Lawyer.

franka64
8/10/16

Like others I signed up to get one document. I then cancelled the service but they continued to charge for a service I cancelled or thought I had. This should be illegal. Company's that make it easy to sign up and hard to cancel should be put out of business and their leaders in jail.

boba62
7/27/16

Does not let you know that if you already have an account in fact your document will not be free. Customer support experience very bad.

tonyay1
7/16/16

I never signed up or agreed to a monthly fee. I'm not sure if this is even legal but I've been charged for several months $40. It's been reported to Usaa fraud team and I really feel cheated!! These people are crooks!!

jond71
7/5/16

After reading these reviews, I was careful to get IN WRITING confirmation that my account was downgraded to a free account. So, it has been "free" for about 45 days. Well, suddenly I noticed a $39.95 bill on my credit card. I logged in and I was switched to a premium account out of nowhere! I haven't even used the service in over 45 days and they randomly started billing me? I have the email proof that I should not be billed. For anyone in my position, PLEASE submit these to your credit card companies so that Rocket Lawyer's credit rating as a merchant is ruined and they cannot do this to anyone else.

jintaoc
7/4/16

I looked for a template and register for an account. It was not until 7month later my software informed me that ROCKET LAWYER is charging me $40 for membership while I didn't signed up for it.

Stay away from it

jimmyt24
6/29/16

And if you did just call your bank and have them put a block and remove any charges. Their way of doing business sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Bought a contract from them and like everybody else they started billing me their stupid $39.99/mo special. Called my bank and blocked them. Ass-clowns.

philipm68
6/19/16

Got a will off Rocketlawyer.com. Paid for the will only, no added services and did not sign up for monthly charges. BOOM!! Got billed the next month for no reason. Put the whole thing into review by American Express. DO NOT USE ROCKETLAWYER!!

kellym152
6/19/16

I went on to Rocket Lawyer to obtain a simple template for a Power of Attorney for my mother who sometimes cares for our children. I did NOT intend to sign up for a membership, but have been billed $40 TWICE. I called to cancel, and then also went onto the website to cancel this "membership." Very expensive for a simple document that I could have written myself! Had I not combed through my credit card statement in detail, who knows how many months I would have been billed $40 for literally nothing! Buyer beware. Please note, I am not commenting about the quality of their legal services per se, but I find their "membership" system to be underhanded.

matsr10
6/18/16

Document downloaded was actually good but credit card used fraudulently immediately after using website.

kathya40
6/14/16

Good document but credit card info was stolen, used to purchase items immediately after giving it to Rocket Lawyer. Thankful to Chase for fraud alert! Reading other reviews, it appears they are criminals

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Rocket Lawyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question