US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jazzym

Definitely do not give your credit card as that is a scam to bill it. (in 41 reviews)

chrisp119

Rocket Lawyer advertised free forms so I started making a document. (in 51 reviews)

jj168

I signed up for Rocket Lawyer and i'm on the free 7 day trial and have not provided my credit card yet. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tonyay1
7/16/16

I never signed up or agreed to a monthly fee. I'm not sure if this is even legal but I've been charged for several months $40. It's been reported to Usaa fraud team and I really feel cheated!! These people are crooks!!

jond71
7/5/16

After reading these reviews, I was careful to get IN WRITING confirmation that my account was downgraded to a free account. So, it has been "free" for about 45 days. Well, suddenly I noticed a $39.95 bill on my credit card. I logged in and I was switched to a premium account out of nowhere! I haven't even used the service in over 45 days and they randomly started billing me? I have the email proof that I should not be billed. For anyone in my position, PLEASE submit these to your credit card companies so that Rocket Lawyer's credit rating as a merchant is ruined and they cannot do this to anyone else.

jintaoc
7/4/16

I looked for a template and register for an account. It was not until 7month later my software informed me that ROCKET LAWYER is charging me $40 for membership while I didn't signed up for it.

Stay away from it

jimmyt24
6/29/16

And if you did just call your bank and have them put a block and remove any charges. Their way of doing business sucks and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Bought a contract from them and like everybody else they started billing me their stupid $39.99/mo special. Called my bank and blocked them. Ass-clowns.

philipm68
6/19/16

Got a will off Rocketlawyer.com. Paid for the will only, no added services and did not sign up for monthly charges. BOOM!! Got billed the next month for no reason. Put the whole thing into review by American Express. DO NOT USE ROCKETLAWYER!!

kellym152
6/19/16

I went on to Rocket Lawyer to obtain a simple template for a Power of Attorney for my mother who sometimes cares for our children. I did NOT intend to sign up for a membership, but have been billed $40 TWICE. I called to cancel, and then also went onto the website to cancel this "membership." Very expensive for a simple document that I could have written myself! Had I not combed through my credit card statement in detail, who knows how many months I would have been billed $40 for literally nothing! Buyer beware. Please note, I am not commenting about the quality of their legal services per se, but I find their "membership" system to be underhanded.

matsr10
6/18/16

Document downloaded was actually good but credit card used fraudulently immediately after using website.

kathya40
6/14/16

Good document but credit card info was stolen, used to purchase items immediately after giving it to Rocket Lawyer. Thankful to Chase for fraud alert! Reading other reviews, it appears they are criminals

ryant51
6/11/16

I discovered, after closely reviewing my bank account, that I had been charged 39.95 by Rocket Attorney for the past 13 months. As I have never used a form from Rocket Attorney, I inquired about the charge. The response was that I had, according to the company. given my consent for the charge by not successfully declining after I had looked at a form last year. Rather than any form of refund, for a service that I had never used, I was told that my account had been "downgraded" to a free account. Never use this business!!!

ln20
6/10/16

I continue to cancel withdrawals by Rocket Lawyer, unsuccessfully. I am promised my money is being reimbursed, but never see it happen. These people are fraudulent, and misleading. Scammers!

I talked with, and emailed communications to/from Rocket Lawyer. I received promises for reimbursement, but that money never arrived. All emails from RL show the date sent, "Todays date."

rickw51
6/10/16

After you spend all the time to create a document and get to the end you find out that even for a free copy you are going to have to give them a credit card number. Scam!

donaldd43
6/7/16

I actually used them for a couple of IT service agreements. I knew it wasn't really free so when it came up at the end asking if I wanted a 7 day trial for $40 /mth OR if I wanted to just buy the document for $5 ... I chose to buy the document.

I made 3 or 4 contracts this way without any issue. Today, I made another of the same type of document (no changes or new policies or anything) and at the end they said it would cost $60 !?!?! That is a 1200% increase in price!

So I called and was told they may be "testing" prices ??? So, you are trying to see how much you can sucker out of us before we get pissed? Well, now you know, I AM PISSED!

Now their answer was to sign up for the trial and cancel. I explained then that I could NEVER trust a company that increases prices by 1200% WITHOUT NOTICE. After reading the other reviews, I see that was the correct move.

I moved on and got a generic template for free that I can use just changing the names of the parties. Thanks for forcing me to find other options, worked out for me!

sandraw86
6/7/16

I needed one set of documents for a DIY divorce, when I took the documents to file they were turned down for being the wrong documents. I went to another site, was given the correct documents, which were free. Now I find a 40.00$ charge a month later on my account. Stop charging me!

dissapointedc4
5/30/16

The site was helpful for one document. I paid for that document and that was that. I then realized I have been charged with a monthly fee for a half a year? What type of business is this?

fuckt3
5/27/16

I signed a roommate agreement in July of last year through this website.
As soon as I signed my name and saved the document the site closed up and I no longer had access to the document, disappearing into the abyss like Ursula's scroll when the little mermaid signed her voice away for a pair of legs.
Fast forward 7 months, the main lease holder of the house lost her mind and started violating points in the roommate agreement and complaining that we were not BFFS. Becoming vindictive and aggressive she began threatening to "kick [me] out of the house", even though I had violated no points whatsoever and she had.
It turns out the website never documented my signature. As soon as Ursula's scroll snapped shut it kicked me out and pretended I had never existed.
Luckily, I remembered the name of the lawyer who was responsible for drawing up the document, and thought "surely, she will have a signed copy". So I wrote her a letter on the site to send to her. The site then informed me that "somebody" would get back to me, and tried to charge me $50 for something that is my absolute right.
So I googled the name of the lawyer and drove 3 hours to visit her. She was not there. None of her advertising even said she was certified to do leasings/roommate agreements. It was divorce, crime, etc. think Saul Goodman.
I left her a message 3 days ago and she has not responded.
The crazy roommate is going off of her rocker trying to hold me to the contract in the parts that benefit her, but any part that benefits me she tells me that I can't even see the document or talk to somebody above her (no point of contact for property manager) since I am "not on the lease".
F*** this site and every s*** a*** "lawyer" that is a part of it.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Ask $#*! about Rocket Lawyer
bm71
5/6/16

Fraudulent charges on my debit card, even though I have never visited their site. Had never even heard of this fraudulent company.

nettien1
5/4/16

I've been utilizing Rocket Lawyer for a couple of years now and it has proven to be a great service. The Attorney assistance that is provided is also very timely and helpful.

Nettie Nelson

jaimeh17
5/4/16

This place is a fraud!! Charged ibu's for two months which was $80 and never helped us with anything and never even responded to our questions

erikh24
4/29/16

I purchased a simple form from them on line for $5. That was worth my not having to continue to research it. I didn't buy their service nor ask them for any further help and certainly didn't contract them at any level. They started using my credit card without my knowledge and billed me $39.95 for some Phantom vapor-ware fraudulent service for 2 months. I didn't catch the first one because someone else paid that bill, but I caught it on the second bill. Both were subsequently reimbursed by my CC company but not until i wasted a hour dealing with it. Bad choice to do business with.

shanb4
4/29/16

Needed to draw up a legal document, rocket lawyer looked legit. But then when they required my full credit card details to get the single document for free, or pay a one-time £10.00 fee for the document, I became suspicious and sceptical. Really glad I came here and read these reviews before thinking: 'Oh well I'll just sign up now for free and cancel later in the day or tomorrow.' I see them replying to every concern here with a generic message, I think with over a 100 awful reviews; if I was running a company, I'd have to explain myself with more than just generic templates.

brianf78
3/31/16

Wouldn't use this company for anything. Horrible service quality will not stand by there mistakes or work with you in anyway. Suggest staying away from them totally.

judyb51
3/31/16

We forgot to cancel our free trial period and didn't realize we were being charged $39.95 per month until 4 months had passed! I called expecting to get a lot of flack, but the representative (Jude) was very kind understanding, and gave us a full refund (minus the $5 promotion which was what was what we signed up for). They have good legal documents if you need them, and better yet, back up their offer. Can't beat that! Thank you Rocket Lawyer!!!

elizabethk67
3/30/16

Used site for documents put in my card number for a "free trial" and the next day there were fraudulent charges in my bank account for items purchased at Best Buy among other Internet transactions. DO NOT fall for this company's scam they will steal your money and when contacted about fraudulent charges they said they do not investigate these things but would offer legal representation! Are you kidding!? STAY AWAY!

vant17
3/26/16

Site stated I would get a doc for free if I filled in my info. After doing so I was told that I can only download it IF I signed up. Did that, and was told I needed to get a free trial. All and all, lost $39. Scumbags. There is literally no point replying to these reviews if you intend to act in an unethical manner. Stay away! - Van

russellr18
3/15/16

My advice: do NOT use RocketLawyer for anything. The site claims that everything is free, and even helps you create your doc', but then won't release your doc. until you give them all your credit card info. And as you will see on other "scam warning" sites, RocketLawyer often bills people for a form or something that was supposed to be free. Very aggravating. Steer clear of this site and this company.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Rocket Lawyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question