Review of Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer reviews

Legal Documents, Legal Services
2017 Customer choice award
All the legal help you need. Anytime. Anywhere.
Visit Us

samj125
9/18/17

It did not take much time. It is a pretty streamlined process. I felt very comfortable using this service and I was able to get what I needed very quickly.

maikens
9/17/17

Easy and affordable way to do your Last Will, definitely would recommend it. I forever procrastinated doing my Last Will and Testament, if I would have known how easy and affordable it was with this site I would have done it years ago! Glad we got this done and I don't have to worry anymore.

emilys179
9/15/17

Easy to fill out and understand. Cost effective, another site was charging 3x as much! I would recommend this site to anyone who needs legal forms.

samuelo20
9/12/17

It is a straight forward catch with the kind of legal documents needed and Rocket Lawyer was able to provide.

jasonb296
9/11/17

I downloaded it, and had it ready to notarize by the time the notary arrived, thanks. Just what I needed. I'll use you guys again next time I need a form. It was very quick and easy to find and get the form I needed. thanks

charlesc178
9/8/17

Outstanding, professional and individually oriented. I highly recommend Rocket Lawyer to provide any and all on anyones legal matters.

elenar24
9/7/17

I love your site. Your documents are easy to use and edit. Your site is user friendly and easily navigated. I can find what i need quickly. I trust that you've done the research to meet my needs as i proceed, anticipating questions i may not have considered before i complete my document. I feel confident that I'm leaving the site with exactly what i need.

susib2
9/6/17

I needed a Confidentiality Agreement for a new hire. I registered with Rocket Lawyer and, in a short time, had exactly what I needed!

nathaliev2
9/5/17

Was looking for something not complicated. .found it in this website. Also it wasn't expensive..it was very fast and easy, just what I was looking for.

deannag19
9/5/17

The hospital needs the living will completed.
The Rocket lawer was easy and cost $20.00.
It made my life less complicated. It has to be signed by two people or notarized. Did it in less then one hour.

jeffreyl64
9/3/17

Needed to create an NDA and it was a great user experience, the document was put together to my complete satisfaction.

budw5
9/3/17

Impressed!..... I can't wait to see what else they can do for me in the way of organizing my estate. I'll never use the competition again - sorry Legalzoom.

myas9
8/29/17

Rocket Lawyer has some of best looking and legally phrased documents available! The only problem is that you have to remember to quit your free membership within 7-days, or you will be billed $39.95 monthly!

carolinad10
8/29/17

I found the contract that I wanted. It was much better than what I hoped for and made my new business relationship much clearer.

sheriw8
8/27/17
• Updated review

Because of my original review on this site, and because I responded when Rocket Lawyer reached out again, my son was given a full refund for all the monthly charges that we considered to be in error. Honestly, I was doubtful when they told me they were trying to improve their Customer Service, but they came through and kept me informed at every step during the refund process. My now 5 stars is for the Customer Service.

“I was hopeful they'd help, but nothing happened...”
8/25/17
• Previous review

I left a review yesterday, received a response, followed instructions and called in as requested. An RL rep was going to see if they could rectify the matter. They couldn't do any sort of a refund because the charges in question were over a year old and their system wouldn't "let" them. Really? Rocket Lawyer doesn't have the means or technology to issue a credit to a credit card or write a refund check at any time? They did offer me a free membership - NO THANKS!!! But to anyone reading this - CALL IN QUICKLY IF YOU GET CHARGED ON YOUR CARD IN ERROR AFTER THINKING YOU'D CANCELED YOUR MEMBERSHIP. They didn't argue the fact that their emails and billing processes were misleading. I simply couldn't get a refund because the charges were so old. Stay away if you haven't done any business with them yet, and if you have, I feel your frustration.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!!

mariam438
8/22/17

I used Rocket lawyer for a legal papers (rental lease). Great website and easy. I haven't use the lawyer services yet.

alisterm4
8/18/17

I simply had am idea for a business and was clueless as to where to get started. This service allowed me the opportunity to get my ideas protected while going through the process of getting my copyrights.

Great service!

alvinw15
8/17/17

I was in need of a document and found it at Rocket Lawyer. I was able to create the document, print it, and file it in one day's time.

jacquelineg31
8/15/17

I ordered a Quit Claim form online and I want to thank you for making it a painless experience. The user friendly prompts make it easy to complete any technical filling.

maraw5
8/15/17

I found the site and product very easy to use, convenient, well managed. Much better than expected for a very good price.

juliew139
8/10/17

I was so impressed with how professional rocket lawyer paperwork was, and how simple they made it to create paperwork. They also went above and beyond to ensure you know what you're getting into (read the fine print people!) and their system for canceling- was simple and really user friendly. Plus their website is appealing and they have good marketing.

katheer
8/10/17

I am so appreciative of having learned of this web site. We'd been putting off creating our will for years. Now it is done thanks to Rocket Lawyer!

miguels40
8/9/17

Got most of my legal needs at rocketlawyer for running my small business. The customer service staff is top notched.

brianw163
8/9/17

I needed to have a lease agreement fast. Rocket Lawyer provided a fast and easy way to get the document prepared and printed.

hollyz3
8/7/17

I was told the Pennsylvania POA that I got didn't have all the updates that were required since Pennsylvania updated the POA requirements in 2015. Not sure if this is true so now I'm going to have to take it to a lawyer to review.

232 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Sorry, but I would try any other service before Rocket Lawyer. All they will do is take your money and then tell you to go find a lawyer. Waste of time and $$.

By Sarah W. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

No. I've found it hard to get a response from the ones recommended.

By Jazzy M. on 6/11/13
Helpful answer

Hi Norma. We're happy to assist with any questions you have. Give us a call at 877-881-0947 M-F 6am-6pm PST. -Matt

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 4/6/15
Helpful answer

Hello Chris! For our legal documents, we offer two options at the checkout page; starting the 7-Day Free Trial or customers can simply purchase their legal document out right for a single price, in your case it is $20. So long as you choose this option by clicking on the bubble for it then you will only be charged for that legal document. I apologize that you feel this way about Rocket Lawyer, but if there are any issues at all we are always more than willing to help our customers. You can contact us at support@rocketlawyer.com or give us a call at 877-881-0947 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT.)

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 4/26/17
Helpful answer

We do carry many legal documents on our site that may assist you with your legal needs; however, Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are unsure about what to do in your situation and need help, you can always connect with an attorney in your area to address your particular situation by browsing our Lawyer Directory. Members of Rocket Lawyer in either a monthly or annual Legal Plan are eligible for our On Call program, which includes free attorney reviews of documents, discounted hourly lawyer services and much more. Additionally, members and trial members can ask a quick legal question here and get a response within a business day from a lawyer that specializes in that issue. For additional information or assistance, please contact our Customer Service team at 877-881-0947 Mon - Fri 6am-6pm PST.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

I recommend the practicepanther. i've been using practicepanther for months now, and it is so good. At first, i was in my second thought in using this software, but as i tried this, its so interesting and addictive. its so easy. this one is such a great help for me and my office. arrange and organize my files for us to work easier and even faster.great job practicepanther!

By David G. on 5/14/15
Helpful answer

Hi Anne! Thanks for the question. If you have just purchased a legal document for $20.00, then it is just a one time charge. It doesn't include a membership.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] 1 day, 6 hours ago
Helpful answer

Hey Kathleen, Thanks for your question. According to the information provided about our Credit Freeze Request on Rocket Lawyer's website, "When you make a Credit Freeze Request, you will have to file a request with each of the three credit reporting bureaus, although they all have different requirements. This Credit Freeze Request quickly generates custom letters to satisfy each of them." Unfortunately, we do not do "the freeze", we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] 1 week, 1 day ago
Helpful answer

Hey Nora, We do carry many legal documents on our site, which may assist you with your legal needs. I am not an attorney, so, unfortunately, the question you posed is not something I would know. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are unsure about what to do in your situation and need help, you can always connect with an attorney in your area, to address your particular situation, by browsing our Lawyer Directory (URL: https://www.rocketlawyer.com/find-a-lawyer.rl). Members of Rocket Lawyer, in either a monthly or annual Legal Plans, are eligible for our On Call program, which includes free attorney reviews of documents, discounted hourly lawyer services and much more. If you need further assistance please contact us any time by e-mail at customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com or call us (877) 881-0947 Mon - Fri, 6am-6pm PST.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] 1 week, 3 days ago
Helpful answer

Hey there Fernanda, First time customers will be given two options once they've completed their first legal document online through our website. One option is to purchase the document for a single price of $20.00 at this time (no further billing/membership occurs) and the second option will be to start our 7-Day Free Trial, which does require credit/debit card information, but it will not be billed during the Trial period. If a customer downgrades (closes) their membership during the Free Trial, then they're not billed at all. If the Trial isn't downgraded within the 7 days it will convert into a Premium Monthly Plan and will bill the credit/debit card on file $39.95, so if you don't want to be charged you just need to make sure you downgrade within that allotted time. If you have any other questions or concerns in regards to anything else, please know that you can call our customer service line at (877-881-0947) during our hours of operation (M-F, 7am-7pm PT)

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 8/9/17
Questions? Get answers from the Rocket Lawyer staff and other customers.

Rocket Lawyer?