Review of Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer reviews

Legal Documents, Legal Services
All the legal help you need. Anytime. Anywhere.
Visit Us

robertf209
7/25/17

Excellent and to the point. Could not be more pleased. Will continue to use rocket for all my basic legal needs. have already recommended Rocket to many friends.

ar8886
7/24/17

I was just about to use Ticket Lawyer until I read the reviews. I just want to say THANK YOU for saving me from the BS. I had a company called prepaid legal service that did the SAME exact thing in 2007 so after that I look at reviews. Obvious the good reviews are fake since 90% of there reviews are NEGATIV!

toshiac1
7/22/17

I paid $20.00 to get my bylaws done and thought that was a flat fee to only be charged $39.95 today. I definitely want a refund.

gregoryk28
7/21/17

Excellent and assistance just as great. I have been on the Rocket many time and It has reduced stress and strain.

martenr
7/16/17

I signed up to test it for 1 (!!) document, and then a steady flow money disappeared from my credit card. Do not use this service. Totally unhappy with it. You are only informed in the footer very smal that they will charge you a LOT... and NOT even having the decency to show invoices or email these (hell.. you may remember you have ordered this useless service..)

chrisc201
7/13/17

Do not use this site, this is a scam you complete all the information and then they want your credit card to provide your "free" document. They really want you to sign up for a monthly membership you can never get out of. I have reported this company to the Attorney General in my State of Florida.

georgek113
7/10/17

I am being charged $39.95 per month and was not notified I was part of the premium service. I went on to develop one lease contract and that was it. I can't get anyone on the phone and I called several times (during their business hours). I wish I had read the reviews before working with Rocket- I never would have used them. My complaint is the same as the dozens of others on line..... just read a few more and you'll get the idea.

paulk192
7/6/17

After 5 weeks of paying $80 and Never receiving a promised legal reply, Go Elsewhere! This company has not yet refunded my 2 months of fees.

tracis16
7/5/17

I have NO clue who you are! All I know is I have a 39.95 charge from you on my bank statement!!!!! That $#*! needs taken care of right now! For those of you reading these reviews, beware! I don't know who these people are but I will sure find out.

liams27
7/4/17

I signed up for the trial and cancelled it well within the trial period. Then I started getting charged again 2 months later, noticed after 2 months I had been charged £50, emailed them and apparently, they can't do anything about it because it is over 14 days since I allegedly signed up again, which I did not. I only logged back in, I did not sign up again and I have been charged. Despicable.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE ROCKETLAWYER.

hamc1
7/1/17

Keep charging my card for over a year and do not have anyone answer the phone if you want to cancel it. Don't use their free trial. I have to call my credit card company to stop payment. Major trap!

dariusk4
6/29/17

I must say the Rocket Lawyers did a wonderful job with converting my business over from an LLC to a corporation. I will definitely use them again.

Darius

remediall
6/18/17

They think I was complaining about their premium service that is paid monthly.
In actuality. They charged me (document fee) 4 times for what ended up being 1 document that sits unfinished.

samuelk39
6/13/17

I lost a couple hundred dollars because they kept charging my card every month for $40 dollars without any statement or notification. They even charged me twice for one month. Had to call them and change my card. BEWARE.

amberm101
6/12/17

Not worth it. Free trial is a joke. Never used it nor did I ever log in and already days later I am getting charged for what I thought was a 30 day free trial. Ridiculous.

royw40
6/7/17

they call over and over after years of me not using their service and tried to charge my acc for annual service. I told them I never had annual anything so why would you try that now??? sleezy salesman desperate for a commission using ILLEGAL means.

johna663
5/19/17

Warning - do not use Rocket Lawyer. The company seems to be going out of business as of May 2017 when I tried making a will and associated documents. The documents are INCORRECT for California law. I noticed two problems with my documents. Their support email responses (I exchanged four emails) were worthless. They only sent standardized answers that did not address my questions. I purchased Nolo WillMaker and found it is vastly superior in ease of use and accuracy of documents.

khoshhala
5/15/17

These are scam. I tried the trail period and within the same hour I canceled and never ever logged into my account again. Yet, they are charging my account every month. Stay away from this place. I am disputing it with my bank now because they are no help.

michellel197
5/12/17

i had my uncontested divorce papers drawn up with rl i took them to a lawyer to make sure that i had filled them out right and was informed that the courts would have thrown those paper out if i had filled them. the heading was wrong the format was off they didn't include a parenting plan or anything do not use this service!

robinj52
5/11/17

They have in small writing ..... of course...that after 7 days of using their service you will be charged $39.95 EVERY MONTH til you cancel it!!! I had to cancel my credit card to stop this misery.. Of course it is all legal!! They can rob you blind and its legal!!

stellas33
5/9/17

I don't have a review, just a question. I filled out a form for an Affidavit of Heirship putting down all the information for property, now I am afraid I may be scammed out of my property. How legit is this company?

wbg1
5/2/17

I have used Rocket Lawyer several times to get ideas about what to write a contract, however I write it myself at the end or in some cases I actually hire a lawyer to do it for me. I'm laughing at all the bad reviews because these reviewers are CHEATERS who don't want to pay for a lawyer and want a freebie, then they complain that they get charged for this site's services. I can only assume that Rocket Lawyer paid lawyers to write the hundreds of contracts or agreements that you can find on their site so hey! they deserve to be compensated. If you are cheap you will sooner or later pay for the consequences. At the end, you don't even know if their content complies with local and state laws, so it is your fault for trying to cheat the system. Hire a real lawyer and stop $#*!ing!

adelea3
4/28/17

I signed up for what I thought was a one time use and then they billed me for the next 12 months $39.995 per month, even though I cancelled and never used the service.
Tried to get a refund but was told I couldnt get one. Do Not Use This Company!!!

dianet60
4/26/17

Scummy company. wish i read these reviews before i got taken in. I also did a one time fee document and was charged a monthly fee for a couple of months before i noticed. They say they sent an email telling me i signed up for a membership which is a total lie. i never signed up and never received an email. do not use this company they. I am reporting them to the the Better Business Burea

Tip for consumers: if i could give a negative review that's what i would do

carlosr65
4/23/17

I paid, the agreement said one time payment, is 3 months they still my money every month.$39.95. I have to work for get that money and this site take easy. Stolen.

126 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Sorry, but I would try any other service before Rocket Lawyer. All they will do is take your money and then tell you to go find a lawyer. Waste of time and $$.

By Sarah W. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

No. I've found it hard to get a response from the ones recommended.

By Jazzy M. on 6/11/13
Helpful answer

Hi Norma. We're happy to assist with any questions you have. Give us a call at 877-881-0947 M-F 6am-6pm PST. -Matt

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 4/6/15
Helpful answer

Hello Chris! For our legal documents, we offer two options at the checkout page; starting the 7-Day Free Trial or customers can simply purchase their legal document out right for a single price, in your case it is $20. So long as you choose this option by clicking on the bubble for it then you will only be charged for that legal document. I apologize that you feel this way about Rocket Lawyer, but if there are any issues at all we are always more than willing to help our customers. You can contact us at support@rocketlawyer.com or give us a call at 877-881-0947 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT.)

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 4/26/17
Helpful answer

We do carry many legal documents on our site that may assist you with your legal needs; however, Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you are unsure about what to do in your situation and need help, you can always connect with an attorney in your area to address your particular situation by browsing our Lawyer Directory. Members of Rocket Lawyer in either a monthly or annual Legal Plan are eligible for our On Call program, which includes free attorney reviews of documents, discounted hourly lawyer services and much more. Additionally, members and trial members can ask a quick legal question here and get a response within a business day from a lawyer that specializes in that issue. For additional information or assistance, please contact our Customer Service team at 877-881-0947 Mon - Fri 6am-6pm PST.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

I recommend the practicepanther. i've been using practicepanther for months now, and it is so good. At first, i was in my second thought in using this software, but as i tried this, its so interesting and addictive. its so easy. this one is such a great help for me and my office. arrange and organize my files for us to work easier and even faster.great job practicepanther!

By David G. on 5/14/15
Helpful answer

Hello Mary, Rocket Lawyer does connect our members to real attorneys. They are not employees of Rocket Lawyer, but have agreed to offer their services to our members. If you would like to be connected with a lawyer you can call us at (877) 881-0947 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm MST and ask to speak with our OnCall department, or you can submit a request through your account online by selecting the Ask A Lawyer option.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 5/22/17
Helpful answer

Hello Fred W., We would be happy to look into this matter and get it resolved for you, but please contact our customer service line at 877-881-0947 or you can email us at support@rocketlawyer.com. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm MST.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 1/23/17
Helpful answer

Patti, thank you for your question. Without seeing your account, I'm unable to confirm the actual status; however, If you selected the $5.00 option, you will not be billed for the monthly membership. If you would like us to verify this for you, please email customeroutreach@rocketlawyer.com (or you can call MON-FRI 6AM-6PM PST 877-881-0947) with your email address that was used on the website. We would be happy to look into this for you.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 4/14/16
Helpful answer

At Rocket Lawyer, we do have a network of attorneys that can provide legal advice and assistance to our customers with active subscriptions. To further assist you, please contact Rocket Lawyer support at (877) 881-0947 MON - FRI 6AM - 6PM PST.

By Rocket L. [Rocket Lawyer Rep] on 3/4/16
Questions? Get answers from the Rocket Lawyer staff and other customers.

Rocket Lawyer?