Review of Restaurant.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

gentryh
3/25/17

Tried to purchase GC's via the site. Was "offered" an additional 40% that disappears when I try to check out.
Took my CC info and appeared to confirm sale. However, no email, and site says I have no GC to redeem. I don't see a charge on my Visa st this point; but if it shows up, that's going to be a problem.
No customer service on weekends, really?
Seems like either a scam or hassle. Either way, best to avoid

melissam179
3/25/17

Bought a groupon for ultimate date night for 39.00.
For "2 movie tickets and a $100 restaurant.com egift card"......important word here is "a" 100 gift card......but you actually get 4/25.00 gift cards that you cannot use at the same time.....AND the app is now telling me that i have none to redeem, and i actually have 100.00. The only thing that the customer service people say is "i am sorry for the inconvenience"...........WHAT EVER!!
This place is a joke.......

mistyh13
3/18/17

I gor a groupon for 40 dollars worth hundred dollars worth food for date night. When trying to use in my area or 30 mile radius Thete were only taco shops and 1 pizza resteraunt. We decide on the pizza resteraunt. We get thete it's a food cart, okay fine we orsee to.pizzas for 40. They tell us we can only use 10 a month. So we would need to.pay for the reSt Then we try to use at 3 diffrent mexican resteraunt in are area mostly shady taco stands and everyone was closed. The worst 40 dollars evr spent don't trust.

robb674
3/18/17

this seems like a fake thing. the restaurants listed in the "Restaurant.com" are either permanently closed or the one that are available are pretty crappy. Don't trust this. I had two restaurant in Phonix arizona area listed in the restaurant.com and bought the certificate but when went to pick up my order, found that both of them were permanently closed

miltonb18
3/8/17

Restaurant.com also has other deals for vacation, electronics etc. $50 for $500 travel expenses. Site seems real but the deals are too good to be true. Any experiences?

letk
3/6/17

We, Fuze Asian Grille, never signed up for restaurant.com's coupons or certificates or is not affiliated with it whatsoever. Still, customers are coming with its coupons or certificates and when I checked the website, I found out that restaurant.com is giving certificates to site visitors way less than its original price.
Again, We, Fuze Asian Grielle, never signed up for restaurant.com coupons or certificates or is not affiliated with restaurant.com whatsoever and we do not honor any of its certificates or coupons.

Restaurant.com should pay respect to other business.

Fuze Asian Grille

mauricea8
3/4/17

My husband and I attempted to use this site after it was advertised on Groupon.... Yeah big joke. The restaurant we decided to eat at was closed (permanently). We attempted to request a refund, but our coupon code that was issued by groupon didn't work.

Also, they dont add it in the fine print but you can only use $25.00 of the $100.00 at one time. DO NOT BUY!!!!! IT'S A BIG SCAM.

perrya13
3/1/17

I went to local resturant in an attempt to get the so called deal that the certificate was valued at. I asked the waitress if I could indeed, use the coupon.
I was informed that the resturant did not accept the coupon because they had in the past accepted them, but were not reimbursed from resturants.com and had lost alot of money.
I would say that there is some kind issue somewhere in this so called discounted certificate service.
The light in this dark sceme is that I did not lose alot of money.

chinas2
2/26/17

I'M TIRED OF BEING RIPPED OFF, WHAT CAN WE DO THOUGH?! IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT HOW TO START A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT?! THIS IS FRAUD AND FALSE ADVERTISING AT ITS FINEST!!

mariahf3
2/18/17

This website is the most poorly designed and updated. I have gift cards on my account to be redeemed for restaurant gift certificates. All of the gift cards are listed separately and cannot be combined in any way known to me. Their calling hours to orde over the phone are surprisingly Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4pm. The site doesn't save any of your search settings, you have to plug it back in every time you go back to browse through the restaurants.

Overall, it looks like they had a 4 year old design their site and he did a terrible job, even for a 4 year old. The most horribly user friendly site I have ever used.

staceyl26
2/14/17

Restaurant.com is a scam. The prices are not that good with only a small discount after you must buy twenty five dollars worth of food, and there is only a 6 dollar discount. Many times it's a 50 dollar purchase for a 10 savings. It isn't easy to download and has blinking advertising which is very annoying and distracting. Don't fall for it! Avoid it like the plague!!

ericj61
2/8/17

The deals were indeed too good to be true. You will never receive a gift card or certificate from them, they don't exist. This company only offers coupons and lies.

jennifers330
2/6/17

Yes there's fine print and it only pops up after you are finished with your meal at a restaurant and it comes time to redeem your certificate. Gift cards are NOT certificates don't be fooled. I had a fifty dollar GIFT CARD from restaurant.com. I embarrassingly took my husband to one of their listed restaurants for his birthday. Thinking I had at least 50$!!! Of course AFTER THE MEAL time to pay and they say sorry you have to redeem our certificates with your gift card. OK FINE LETS DO THAT. Sorry you can only purchase increments of 25$. OK FINE I SAY, i have 50$ so let's do two certs which equals 50$. SORRY they say you can only use one certificate per party per visit. WTF??!!!! So I have fifty in a gift card for
Restaurant.com and u are forcing me to use only 25$ of it. Wow! I had to drop way more money than expected on that dinner and totally embarrassed.

marioc27
2/4/17

In a nutshell, one star rating is too much to give for this scam Business. Please Please do not buy any deals from this scam business. You will fall and regret it. Please I am taking the time to write this review and I do normally do not do this. You will loose your money after you found out all stupid policies and regulations when it comes to exchanges and how to use the certificates. You really want to know and find out. Go ahead and get certificates and you will know what I am talking about.

jaydeng7
1/30/17

Please don't waste your money or time on restaurant.com . It is all a scam or miserable failure . Half of the restaurants don't exist and the ones that do , won't accept the certificates or have some ridiculous " rules". Stay away !!! They will not give you your money back and it's a hassle to change your certificates when the stupid restaurants don't even exist . I am not going to waste any more time on it , just here to warn everyone. They are just going to scam you , waste your time and piss you off .Restaurant.com should be shut down !

dennisr59
1/23/17

Purchased a number of paper certificates in 2015. One of the restaurants closed. When I contact restaurant.com to ask to exchange the paper certificate they provide instructions on how to exchange an electronic on line certificate.

I've been going in circles with these bozo's for weeks now and it's getting to no longer be worth it.

Add to that ridiculous rules associated with using the certificates, such as only being able to use one at a given restaurant per month???

Really not worth the hassle.

roses95
1/12/17

I have felt ripped off for years and had tried my best to get refunds for lots of money that seemed stolen from me. For example, I'd buy certificates, the place would shut down or deny the certificate use, I'd get humiliated and then stuck paying a much higher price for my meal than expected. I was a college student trying to dine and save my $. Instead restaurant.com would offer me certificates for their site for credit. I'd get stuck and still am over 5 yrs later. They have withheld and REFUSED my REFUND!!!! Even, after I explain business shut down or denies use of your certificates.... They keep that fraud move going.... and say We do not refund we can credit you more certificates. It's THEFT!!!!!! I have explained I have dietary restrictions, I am pescatarian, my location- I can't use certificates in Simi Valley, no choices here. In fact, overall there are very few places that want to work with this frauded site. How can I sped their credits they are forcing on me when no merchants want to support them. I am now forced to post on line, collect all law suit info, and fight this Fraud on my own. Now, I am out of school, broke with debt, and I quite often stress about the hundreds of dollars they stole from me. In the past, I'd search to find the website and that was shady. For a longtime I could not even access the account and thought it was a complete scam. The other day, I was surprised to see an email saying I have Lots of unused certificates. No $#*!! I can't use them, it's a SCAM.

Tip for consumers: I'd give them NEGATIVE STARS If that was an option.

angiea11
1/11/17

I only used this service once. I will never go back. I purchased play tickets, the play was cancelled. How I found out was when I gave these tickets to my mom as a Christmas gift. My mom looked the play up online for more info and saw that it was cancelled. I email the company, because you can not even call them! I got an email back saying it was cancelled and sorry! Sorry! I live a hour away from this play, this was to be a big night out. Just glad I didn't find out that it was cancelled after I drove there and paid for parking.

johnb769
1/9/17

That's where you might as well put the card/certificate, right in the garbage. Absolutely useless. Hopefully no one gives you on for a gift cause you will think those people hate you.

kevind102
1/7/17

I have gone to plenty of restaurants to find out they do not accept the certificate. The restaurants claim they never consented with restaurant.com to use them or they did and no longer accept the certificates...in any case it is a wasted trip and time on my part.

I have learned now to call the restaurant and ask before going. When the certificates do work, it's not bad hence the 2 stars.

melissar93
1/6/17

By the time you find a restaurant your willing to try, they will only let you use one (usually the $5 gift cert) with one meal with a MINIMUM purchase usually double of the gift certificate.

jeanned17
1/6/17

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY or USE Restaurant.com They don't care about your money or certificates values or etc.

Their APP sucks too.

janek49
1/5/17

I wish I would of read the reviews before I purchased through them. They won't refund you any of your money so your screwed. Don't purchase anything from this company!! Scam

jeffd87
1/3/17

I guess I should have known that if it sounds to good to be true than it probably isn't. But this company is bent on screwing customers because they will not refund a membership even if it is the same day.

michaeld255
12/30/16

Had received 3 25.00 gift cards when I purchased tickets to Disney World through tickets at work on line as Christmas Gifts, not knowing that 1) Could not redeem the gift cards anywhere but Restaurant.com and gave them as gifts to my family who ultimately gave them back to me as they were so difficult to use. You cannot use the cards towards food purchase but must print their coupons and spend a minimum amount of money at each restaurant about 50.00 and then add an additional 25.00 in food purchases for a total of 75.00 food bill before the restaurant will accept the gift card. What a scam most of the restaurants are little Mom and Pop places and no major chain dining places are listed. Most of these places are located in the seedier parts of the city so it kind of makes it dangerous to even go there. I opted to simply throw out the gift cards rather than benefit this rather shady company. BTW only one gift card is allowed to be sued at a time. So this really is a consumer nightmare. Also held for 30 minutes to get to customer service and no one even answered the phone so there was no resolve to this issue anywhere.

62 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question