US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

williamg116
9/21/16

I had several gift card credits to use so I followed the proceedure to redeem them and buy some new certificates. When i finished I noticed that they never did apply my credits and instead charged my credit card the full amount. I contact them and all they did was send me the standard procedure for redetermining credits. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER.......No real way to contact them & speak to someone and get issues resolved. This was once a good deal but now it is dishonest and will fail. I'll get refunded through my credit card company as fraud ...... beware those that stalk in cyber space for suckers.

veek2
9/3/16

The website won't allow access when adding the codes for "captcha" so no way to get in touch. I would like to exchange 4 certificates, but where are they? They don't have them listed and want me to caontact "customer service" which i can't do.

philp35
9/1/16

They sold me a certificate to a restaurant that was out of business. Trying to exchange it for another certificate took me several hours and didn't work. Ultimately I asked my wife who is a computer expert t do it for me.
The site was so bad that she got directed to a place where she discovered she had bought another cert that we didn't want. I call the help desk number. After 20 minutes alex said "no refunds, tough luck". I finally got Bianca a supervisor who backed out the additional charge. It took me over 3 hours to get a trivial thing done. As soon as I use the exchanged cert I'm quitting these guys ASAP

saydif
8/29/16

I bought certificates for places we enjoy in our neighborhood. Unfortunately some places no longer take coupons (even though California law prohibits) the choices to exchange close to us are places we'd never go to. One place has rats! They need to be sure the restaurant they're selling is not a health hazard. Maybe they should check Yelp reviews for restaurants. $200+- of my money down the tubes.

camm34
8/29/16

I received the first coupon from Verizon - I was going to use it in Breck for Windy City Pizza - ugh - filthy place - we left before they waited on us - so I called rest.com to report the findings on that one. (there was not another rest listed in Breckenridge) They "upsold" me on a couple more coupon deals - there are two not good restaurants that we would never eat at here in Parker. When I try to find a place to go on their site - they take us 20 miles from our zip code - AND when most people go to eat it is usually on the weekend - and most of these places do not take the coupon on the weekend - we have not used them - we have had them for a few months and I probably will never use them and chuck it up to stupidity on my behalf -

carolines40
8/27/16

This is Hazlet Pizza Pizzeria in 3041 highway 35 Hazlet new jersey/ Customer came into my pizzeria ate $58.00 worth of food and gave me a $25.00 from Restaurant.com. Said he paid for it at restaurant . com.
I never authorized any such coupon to be offered and I fully intend to call the authorities about my company being put on a coupon site with any permission from me the owner.
I want this customer to get his 10.00 that he invested in this fradulent coupon back. .
Someone from the Restaurant.com site needs to speak with me . And I mean now.
Hazlet pizzeria Hazlet. n.j.

danap30
8/24/16

I went to Rising Sons in Madison on High Point Road, WI and was told by the owner that they do not want to honor the certificate that I purchased on restaurants.com. Eventually they took the certificate saying that because I already purchased they will take it this time. I believe that this certificate should not be offered if the owner does not want to honor it. I emailed restaurants.com and has never received response. I still see on the restaurants.com the same certificate for $10 to Rising Sons. It's scam to sell certificate that is not honored at the restaurant.

jesusa17
8/24/16

Never authorized certificates for my restaurant......

chrisw196
8/23/16

Its bad customer service when you call in no one listens all they do if read off a paper saying same thing over an over then the restaurant s that deal with them are just as bad no know how to use them in any restaurant not even the manager s so why is this service even offered just bad bad bad all around never buy any restaurant anything off line again because of this company

petero27
8/22/16

Absolute bull - all of it. You will never get the value. RIP OFF!! I recieved this as an Xmas gift and I feel bad my relative bought in to this nonsense.

pc77
8/21/16

I got a Restaurant.com card as a gift a year or so ago, only to find out that I can getgood deals on the coupon, but have to spend a minimum of $50 at most places, even Pizzeria's and cafe's, that I want to go to. I can't eat up $50 of food myself. Even with my wife, we can't eat $50 worth of food in a Mexican restaraunt. I'm in Florida, not New York, so prices are reasonable, but still...For instance, a $10 coupon for $4..but I have to spend a minimum of $50. Rediculous..................

fredh66
8/19/16

These folks have no problem harassing a small business owner with multiple, back to back phone calls trying to sell whatever they sell.Rude, Monstrous, Ridiculous.

brandic12
8/15/16

I bought a coupon for the Native Cafe in Pensacola Beach and tried to use it today just to find out they did not have permission to be selling them aso they are not redeemable! Never buy from this site!!!

caroliner25
8/15/16

I attempted to use a gift card from restaurant.com over the weekend just to learn that it wasn't accepted at one of the recommended places on their list. It is too difficult to use, and I had to pay the bill without using the card. I am very disappointed about this card.

babelyr
8/10/16

I don't even know what happened to them, it used to be a good way to save money but as a year and a half or so everything went down hill when I tried to use one of the certificates and the restaurant told me that they never authorized those certificates, I called Rest.com (when they used to answer the phone) they apologized and told me they will put it as a credit or gift card on my account... Long story short, now I have 7 certificate credits or gift cards, $25 worth each, that I can't use, when I go to exchange then it tells me that the same certificate number is linked to another account, I called them.... Over 40 minutes waiting after they first responded and left me waiting for customer service, no response, sent them multiple emails, no response either. What it was a good company now they are a scam, don't give them your money!!!

catherines65
8/9/16

If you see an offer for any specials listed in conjunction with a restaurant.com certificate ignore it!! I mean that! You can never redeem the special and no one at restaurant.com will ever answer your email. It has happened to me two times. Never again!

susanb198
8/9/16

Before I get accused of not reading the fine print, I did, I read it all. I purchased a certificate on Groupon after looking on the restaurant.com website. The deals looked good, such as $10 for a $25 dollar restaurant gift card. I purchased the groupon but when I entered my redemption code, all of those deals went bye bye. Here's an example of my choices...$25 for a $25 gift card. That is no bargain, especially when you consider the $50 minimum at the local restaurant. Now, I agree, I did not pay the full price for $100 worth of credit on Restaurant.com so all in all, it would have been a deal...EXCEPT...not only did the deals change, after I redeemed $35 of my $100, my account all of a sudden showed a 0 balance. RIP-OFF. I emailed using the address on their site, but have received no response. I called the number Groupon gave me and it just lets me sit on hold for eons. Don't waste your money...I guess if it sounds too good to be true, it really is. My mistake, just trying to keep you from making it too.

annaf45
8/4/16

O received a gift Certificate of $100.00, a while ago, but up to today no able to redeem because the offer on this site are too low. I just don't know what to do with this stupid Certificate. If I use $40.00 Certificate I have to spend, minimum $200 at restaurant. What is this? The deal is only good for the restaurant and to the site, For me nothing. I am extremely unhappy with this. So, if you want to give me a gift certificate. please do no - DO NOT - go for Restaurant.com

patrickc80
8/2/16

Bought a certificate for a restaurant that my wife loves. Two weeks later I get an email stating that particular restaurant is no longer accepting the certificates. So be it, I will get a refund. Wrong, I was told by an Alex that they do not give refunds and I can only get a certificate for a different restaurant. I told him if I wanted the other restaurants I would have bought them but only bought from restaurant I did try and buy. This is a complete rip off. I asked him what is stopping them from listing cheap certificates to nice restaurants and then once they sold enough to just cancel it and make everyone now use that money for the restaurants that aren't selling. I believe this was a setup all along. I asked for a supervisor, which of course I was told they are all busy. They wanted to have one call me back but I told them I would wait on hold for as long as it took...half hour and they keep checking back but saying still not available. Will wait this out on principle alone

louk182
8/1/16

WHAT A CROCK OF GARBAGE THIS SITE IS! I have a $100.00 gift card stored in my account. So.... I should be able to just click on a deal and redeem like it says I can right? WRONG.. Each time I go to redeem it says I have no funds available.. BUT.. when I go into my account.. it says I have $100.00 to redeem. Why... it even congratulates me on this great feat of having a gift card in the system.. THE ONLY THING it will allow me to do, is to input my credit card, thus charging me INSTEAD of using my $100.00 stored gift card. WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe (1) They are still in operation (maybe they aren't and no one knows it) and (2) Major lawsuits of fraud have not been attached to them..

bobg77
7/28/16

Restaurant.com lists our diner for their customers. Unfortunately we have never had a contractual relationship with restaurant.com. An Internet crime complaint has been filed. Buyer beware.

erinw33
7/27/16

The worst. Very difficult to use. You must find an approved restaurant listed on their website first, purchase the gift certificate, print out the certificate and then bring it to the restaurant. Every restaurant requires you to spend a certain amount of money to use the gift certificate. Usually, the certificate saves you half. For instance, the gift certificate may be for $25, but you have to spend $50 at the restaurant to use it.

I have received two $100 Restaurant.com gift cards as gifts (I'm sure it's because no one wants to deal with them). I have used $30 on one of them 4 years ago and will likely not bother using it ever again, it was such a pain.

I have been trying to contact customer service for days now to find out which one of my gift cards is the unused one so I can give it away as a gift, but there is no way to look up that information on the website. I did receive an email in response to my inquiry, but it was automated and did not answer my question.

Thankfully, I've never used any of my own money for these useless gift cards. Just don't bother wasting your time on these.

dwighth18
7/27/16

I HAVE A $100 GIFT CARD. ONLY HAVE ONE RESTAURANT IN OUR TOWN THAT WAS LISTED. I WAS SKEPTICAL BECAUSE THE FINE PRINT SAID THAT YOU HAD TO PURCHASE $50.00 TO USE A $25.00 CERTIFICATE. WHEN I TOOK IT TO THE RESTAURANT THEY HAD A PICTURE OF THE CERTIFICATE HANGING UP SAYING THEY DID NOT HONOR THE CARD. ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROGRAM.

pennyc26
7/21/16

Bought 4 tickets to see Wicked and promotion included a free CD. No CD. Waited for 6 months and have contacted customer service several times. Also difficult to find restaurants taking $50 e-certificates. Seats cost the same throughout Ticket Master and you get to pick your seats.

gerrib3
7/21/16

They sold me a package by fast talk. I tried the next day (before my card was charged) and no one would answer the phone. One week later I chose the option for person who wanted a promotion and that call was answered immediately. This is no accident they refused to remove the charge. I am going to try and get the chamber of commerce where their office is to file a complaint. I hope this site will let me register a zero.

52 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question