US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mariahf3
2/18/17

This website is the most poorly designed and updated. I have gift cards on my account to be redeemed for restaurant gift certificates. All of the gift cards are listed separately and cannot be combined in any way known to me. Their calling hours to orde over the phone are surprisingly Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4pm. The site doesn't save any of your search settings, you have to plug it back in every time you go back to browse through the restaurants.

Overall, it looks like they had a 4 year old design their site and he did a terrible job, even for a 4 year old. The most horribly user friendly site I have ever used.

staceyl26
2/14/17

Restaurant.com is a scam. The prices are not that good with only a small discount after you must buy twenty five dollars worth of food, and there is only a 6 dollar discount. Many times it's a 50 dollar purchase for a 10 savings. It isn't easy to download and has blinking advertising which is very annoying and distracting. Don't fall for it! Avoid it like the plague!!

ericj61
2/8/17

The deals were indeed too good to be true. You will never receive a gift card or certificate from them, they don't exist. This company only offers coupons and lies.

jennifers330
2/6/17

Yes there's fine print and it only pops up after you are finished with your meal at a restaurant and it comes time to redeem your certificate. Gift cards are NOT certificates don't be fooled. I had a fifty dollar GIFT CARD from restaurant.com. I embarrassingly took my husband to one of their listed restaurants for his birthday. Thinking I had at least 50$!!! Of course AFTER THE MEAL time to pay and they say sorry you have to redeem our certificates with your gift card. OK FINE LETS DO THAT. Sorry you can only purchase increments of 25$. OK FINE I SAY, i have 50$ so let's do two certs which equals 50$. SORRY they say you can only use one certificate per party per visit. WTF??!!!! So I have fifty in a gift card for
Restaurant.com and u are forcing me to use only 25$ of it. Wow! I had to drop way more money than expected on that dinner and totally embarrassed.

marioc27
2/4/17

In a nutshell, one star rating is too much to give for this scam Business. Please Please do not buy any deals from this scam business. You will fall and regret it. Please I am taking the time to write this review and I do normally do not do this. You will loose your money after you found out all stupid policies and regulations when it comes to exchanges and how to use the certificates. You really want to know and find out. Go ahead and get certificates and you will know what I am talking about.

jaydeng7
1/30/17

Please don't waste your money or time on restaurant.com . It is all a scam or miserable failure . Half of the restaurants don't exist and the ones that do , won't accept the certificates or have some ridiculous " rules". Stay away !!! They will not give you your money back and it's a hassle to change your certificates when the stupid restaurants don't even exist . I am not going to waste any more time on it , just here to warn everyone. They are just going to scam you , waste your time and piss you off .Restaurant.com should be shut down !

dennisr59
1/23/17

Purchased a number of paper certificates in 2015. One of the restaurants closed. When I contact restaurant.com to ask to exchange the paper certificate they provide instructions on how to exchange an electronic on line certificate.

I've been going in circles with these bozo's for weeks now and it's getting to no longer be worth it.

Add to that ridiculous rules associated with using the certificates, such as only being able to use one at a given restaurant per month???

Really not worth the hassle.

roses95
1/12/17

I have felt ripped off for years and had tried my best to get refunds for lots of money that seemed stolen from me. For example, I'd buy certificates, the place would shut down or deny the certificate use, I'd get humiliated and then stuck paying a much higher price for my meal than expected. I was a college student trying to dine and save my $. Instead restaurant.com would offer me certificates for their site for credit. I'd get stuck and still am over 5 yrs later. They have withheld and REFUSED my REFUND!!!! Even, after I explain business shut down or denies use of your certificates.... They keep that fraud move going.... and say We do not refund we can credit you more certificates. It's THEFT!!!!!! I have explained I have dietary restrictions, I am pescatarian, my location- I can't use certificates in Simi Valley, no choices here. In fact, overall there are very few places that want to work with this frauded site. How can I sped their credits they are forcing on me when no merchants want to support them. I am now forced to post on line, collect all law suit info, and fight this Fraud on my own. Now, I am out of school, broke with debt, and I quite often stress about the hundreds of dollars they stole from me. In the past, I'd search to find the website and that was shady. For a longtime I could not even access the account and thought it was a complete scam. The other day, I was surprised to see an email saying I have Lots of unused certificates. No $#*!! I can't use them, it's a SCAM.

Tip for consumers: I'd give them NEGATIVE STARS If that was an option.

angiea11
1/11/17

I only used this service once. I will never go back. I purchased play tickets, the play was cancelled. How I found out was when I gave these tickets to my mom as a Christmas gift. My mom looked the play up online for more info and saw that it was cancelled. I email the company, because you can not even call them! I got an email back saying it was cancelled and sorry! Sorry! I live a hour away from this play, this was to be a big night out. Just glad I didn't find out that it was cancelled after I drove there and paid for parking.

johnb769
1/9/17

That's where you might as well put the card/certificate, right in the garbage. Absolutely useless. Hopefully no one gives you on for a gift cause you will think those people hate you.

kevind102
1/7/17

I have gone to plenty of restaurants to find out they do not accept the certificate. The restaurants claim they never consented with restaurant.com to use them or they did and no longer accept the certificates...in any case it is a wasted trip and time on my part.

I have learned now to call the restaurant and ask before going. When the certificates do work, it's not bad hence the 2 stars.

melissar93
1/6/17

By the time you find a restaurant your willing to try, they will only let you use one (usually the $5 gift cert) with one meal with a MINIMUM purchase usually double of the gift certificate.

jeanned17
1/6/17

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY or USE Restaurant.com They don't care about your money or certificates values or etc.

Their APP sucks too.

janek49
1/5/17

I wish I would of read the reviews before I purchased through them. They won't refund you any of your money so your screwed. Don't purchase anything from this company!! Scam

jeffd87
1/3/17

I guess I should have known that if it sounds to good to be true than it probably isn't. But this company is bent on screwing customers because they will not refund a membership even if it is the same day.

michaeld255
12/30/16

Had received 3 25.00 gift cards when I purchased tickets to Disney World through tickets at work on line as Christmas Gifts, not knowing that 1) Could not redeem the gift cards anywhere but Restaurant.com and gave them as gifts to my family who ultimately gave them back to me as they were so difficult to use. You cannot use the cards towards food purchase but must print their coupons and spend a minimum amount of money at each restaurant about 50.00 and then add an additional 25.00 in food purchases for a total of 75.00 food bill before the restaurant will accept the gift card. What a scam most of the restaurants are little Mom and Pop places and no major chain dining places are listed. Most of these places are located in the seedier parts of the city so it kind of makes it dangerous to even go there. I opted to simply throw out the gift cards rather than benefit this rather shady company. BTW only one gift card is allowed to be sued at a time. So this really is a consumer nightmare. Also held for 30 minutes to get to customer service and no one even answered the phone so there was no resolve to this issue anywhere.

roderickl6
12/29/16

I paid 30 dollars for a gift to my sister and her husband, thinking they were getting a great gift, they used the tickets, 12 dollars spent for each coupon , the price of the movie was 7.50 each ticket, total loss 10 dollars for me. Then they tried to use a restaurant coupon and was denied because the restaurant wanted them to spend 50 dollars first,, but the coupon stated 2 movie tickets and 100 dollar gift certificate for a meal.. What a wonderful scam. I am going to forward this statement to the Teacher site that sent it to me, to make sure no more teachers get cheated or scammed like I did.
Thank you.
Roderick Lowe
Special Education Teacher

joanneg13
12/29/16

I thought it was a good deal. NO. For 30.00 I got 100.00 toward restaurant $, but the restaurants listed wanted you to buy a minimum of 50.00 food to use 25.00 toward the final purchase price. I wrote Restaurant.com three times asking for a refund. They wrote back a lot of crap of how to use the coupons.

roghtl
12/23/16

Bought 3 certificates. tried using the first one and the restaurant said they do not take the certificates. Owner of restaurant told me they contacted restaurant.com 5 times to stop selling the.

isaidak
12/19/16

I purchased concert tickets to see Pit Bull at the Hard Rock 2 months in advance for my Anniversary, when I went to get my tickets at will call my name was not there!
I was not allowed access, Resturant did not purchase the ticket with vender, Furious i had to wait to speak with someone until Monday, they didnt want to give me a refund only credit to another venue. warning stay away!

charlesl90
12/15/16

I too have been extremely disappointed by the redundancy in the restaurant choices and now the on-line crap that they're trying to sell.
The final straw is their "Gift Card" deal; which aren't really gift cards. They're just for more "Certificates" that you can use toward your total bill (up-to $25.00). One problem is that you don't know this "Fine Print" until after you've made the purchase.
Second, the cost is $40.00 for $100.00 worth of certificates.
I can buy individual $25.00 certificates, any time, for ONLY $4.00: THAT'S $16.00 FOR $100.00 WORTH OF CERTIFICATES !!!
Those Gift Cards are a rip-off, which is why they won't tell you ahead of time; and, why they won't give you a refund.
BUYER BEWARE.

roberts537
12/15/16

The restaurants are always the same. The little know hole in the walls that you are afraid to frequent. I have a couple of hundred dollars in this and can't ever use them. When I have been out of town I have been SO DISAPPOINTED by the dumps that I have frequnted. You can't get your money back. If you use them on discounts now for big mail orders you can get the same discounts everywhere. This company should be ASHAMED

alowishusa
12/10/16

needed to exchange gift certs for restaurant that closed down.... ive tried the web page over 20 times and ive called a dozen times. and never works, NEVER!! i mean NOTHING!!! i have EIGHT certificates that all are to permanently closed restaurants. ive tried to "EXCHANGE" these through the web site but it NEVER worked. i typed everything precisely as it should be and it tells me the code i typed for proof im not a robot is ALWAYS incorrect. i emailed and only received a generic "HOW TO EXCHANGE" reply. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!! therefore, generic responses do NOTHING. i tried to call and the phone says the customer service number is OUTSIDE MY CALLING AREA!!! wtf is THAT?!?!? i just want a HUMAN to TRY and understand my frustration. the app and or web page BLOWS!!! i need REAL help! from a HUMAN BEING!!!!! what an UNBELIEVABLE hassle this!!!!!

USELESS!!!! ZERO STARS! p.o.s.!!!!

please tell your friends to AVOID THIS CRAPPY so-called "SERVICE" spread the word, THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

erino20
12/9/16

Don't get sucked in by the "good deal". Yes you pay $4 for $25, but then you must buy $75 worth at the restaurant or website, and you can't use multiple codes.

danas73
12/8/16

I bought a package of FIVE $25 restaurants.com gift cards on restaurants.com. When the gift card came, the back of the card says that it can only be redeemed on theidealmeal.com. WTF is th idealmeal.com? I didn't buy a gift card for that site. When I went on theidealmeal.com site the prices for the restaurant certificates were HIGHER than the prices on restaurants.com! Not to mention, many of the restaurants have a $100 minimum purchase amount. This means I cannot use my $25 gift cards because they do not allow you to use multiple gift cards in one purchase.

THESE CARDS ARE USELESS.

I'm beyond disgusted that I wasted my time and got scammed by these charlatans. How is this scam site still in business?

61 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question