Review of Restaurant.com

Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004, USA
Tel: 855.832.8728

josha45
8/19/17

Restaurant.com is the definition of small print rip-off website. Not only did they value my "$25 gift card" as $10 on my website of choice, they also added a bunch of hidden specifications that I could use my credit for. I ended up wasting the gift card balance I had, since I would have to put down more than twice the balance I had to even make a purchase. Restaurant.com is one of the worst sites I have ever used and I can't wait until it goes out of business. I would have given it 0 stars if that was possible. Bye Felicia.

mostafar3
8/19/17

I had $100 certificate and I used $25 only with the condition they mentioned and suddenly all the rest of the money is gone and couldn't find or use it. Rip Off!!

allans49
8/16/17

Within a week of receiving my first $25.00 restaurant certificate, I received an email that the restaurant in question was no longer in the program.
My next purchase was a 12-month Mobile membership to the Entertainment Book which, as it turns out, expires in 90 days. I spoke to two different reps at Restaurant .com over two days to try and get the PROMO Code to downloand the mobile app. Then when I finally received it and tried to complete my membership, the site said that the PROMO Code had expired. I've spent two hours trying to resolve this one simple purchase ($10), and have had no sucess. I finally had to call my credit card company and stop payment on the charge. What a miserable way to waste two hours which I'll never get back! I strongly suggest that you avoid Restaurant.com at all cost. Worst site ever!!!

reneed47
8/12/17

The worst app and webite ever. This app and site have potential but some greedy principals brought it to a downward spiral. Greed and lack of vision and reinvesting money on good IT and structure is the only word to describe what happened here. Wake up young app builders and create a new more competitive version, alternate to groupon.

johnr512
8/10/17

I noticed Restaurants.com on one of my survey sites and decided to try them. Thinking that $50 meant $50 dollars I joined and immediately had problems with certificates. The 50% off was not noticed by me, since that message was in tiny print. They suckered me real good.

robertf212
8/10/17

Do NOT buy their discount coupons, they're a fraud!!! They get a restaurant to agree to allow them to help promote, then, without talking with the restaurants, sells 'discount coupons' that people expect to work. Then the restaurant won't honor the discount, and the customer gets angry with the restaurant, who are actually the injured party. Avoid restaurants.com like the plague!

chelseaw30
8/7/17

I have tried to use this site so many times, and it is absolutely horrible. I have $200 worth of coupons that I got for taking a tour, and I can't even use them because there is only ONE participating restaurant in my area. Such a waste.

brittanys77
8/5/17

We were given a deal where we could get 2 movie tickets and a $100 restaurant giftcard for $30. We read the fine print which stated you could choose from lots of restaurants and did not list any additional fees or strings attached. So we purchased it. Once you purchase it and try to redeem the code comes the load of crap. There were only 10 restaurants to choose from(mostly rinkydink locations, the nicest one being a bistro in a hotel) and only 2 in our actual city. Then you can not use the value on one visit. It has to be broken down into increments based on each restaurant and each place you had to spend double the certificate amount to be able to use it. So basically if we wanted to use the $25 certificate which was the largest it could be broken down into, we would have to spend $50 to get $25 dollars off. And you would have to get 4 certificates to get the value(or even more complicated break it down into $5 certificates for other restaurants) and you can only use 1 certificate per visit with only 1 visit allowed per month. Which means we would have to go 4 separate months and spend $25 to $30 each time on top of using the certificate. which means you did not get the $30 great deal . you actually have to spend a total of around $160 . And it lists none of this "extra" costs and strings and crap in the original fine print,it's after you have already wasted your money and cant get it back. Plus the website is complicated and crappy. I wouldn't ever purchase anything to do with restaurant.com ever again and would not ever recommend it to anyone ever. It's a huge lie and a total scam. Waste of time and money.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time.

williamb306
7/29/17

We got a $50 gift card for joining Bjs Wholesale, long story short, the app and website are both designed specifically to be impossible to operate.....after several attempts to use the card unsuccessfully we threw 3 of them away.

taram67
7/27/17

If I could give them a -10 I would!
It says no where when purchasing the certificates that you can only use 1/purchase. I purchased 100.00 worth of certificates for a restaurant while on vacation only to be told I can use 1 25.00 certificate/visit and even per month!
WTF am I going to do with the other 75.00 I have there.
It doesn't explain this until after the purchase has been made! GO TO HELL RESTAURANT.COM
I'm on vacation and nearly broke my bank buying the certificates then had to still pay 100.00 for my meal!

kellyc168
7/21/17

I bought 7 $50.00 restaurant.com cards and did not know tgat you do not get the $50.00 value. You have to buy a restaurant or businesses certificate and they have a minimum that you must spend to redeem restaurant.com. But they problem is that I cannot buy enough certificates to cover the purchase requirements. I wanted to order the $65.00 amount required from Midnight Perfumery, but they only accept 1 $25.00 certificate and I have to pay the other $40.00 out if pocket. How is this a good deal? I am out money all the way around.

yvesv3
7/15/17

Don't get fooled by the prices shown on their website or promotions as it is not worth it when you try to redeem what you purchased. Like most customer's complaints, redeeming the vouchers is a joke - that is if you can login to their website at all. Their website is unresponsive just attempting to login (either via a laptop or mobile phone/app) so if you can't login and view your vouchers, you can't redeem. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid - you have been warned...

disgruntledg1
7/9/17

Please trust me. I am just like you; college grad, looking for good deals for the girlfriend and myself. Ignoring websites like this because they're cheesy and people just complain. I bought the $100 gift card thing from Groupon, and thought it was an epic deal, too good to be true. I looked up one review of someone who was happy with it. And because of the pressure of the Groupon being limited-time-only, I bought it.

I didn't realize that you cannot combine "certificates", it is designed such that you will *always* have a balance at the end of your meal. To places you wouldn't usually go because they're struggling businesses. I'm sure I won't use any of the money on the card. I'll chalk this one up to a loss. You should avoid that.

keithc66
7/7/17

I've used so many of these certificates to save a lot of money. For instance, I was able to get a $25 off $50 certificate to a nearby deli for just $4! I ordered a ton of food for a fraction of the price. Such a great deal. Now, there's one place with the same $25 off $50 and they are terrible at redeeming the certificate--always making excuses--"dine-in only, can't be ordered online, etc." even though there are NO such limitations within the conditions. But you can always exchange those for other certificates using a PC (this option isn't available on mobile sites). Basically, you can find great deals and save money if the business owners honor their deals. There are always promotions through restaurant.com so always check. Usually you can get $10 certificates for just $2.

amberl74
7/1/17

One and only time I'll ever try Groupon. Bought a ultimate date night package that claimed to be vocher for 39 which was to include $100 for restaurant and two movie tickets. Movie tickets were great. But really the restaurant "gift card" was really a paid for coupon, as I soon realized the fine print of the "100" not only had.to be divided between chosen restaurants. So each you could only redeem at small amounts. So 15 to such and such restaurant. Not only these small increments, but also, you had to spend an ADDITION the matched amount or more. So basically a buy one get.one free type deal, which is great. But don't advertise such as a gift card. Waste of money

bryanw37
6/24/17

Too many restrictions and limitations on how coupons can be used. In the long run you have to order double the amount of the coupon you have. Coupons are assigned a zip code where you have to use them plus you can only use one per month. I ended up unable to find an eligible restaurant that would take the coupons and where I could spend the correct amount. Threw away $100 in coupons - too much trouble.

jeffreyg47
6/18/17

Restaurant.com is a rip-off and a joke. Got a free coupon from a car deal close to home. Went to use it the next day think it would be nice to get a meal and not come out of girlfriend pocket(me not working now). Got there and ate, only to find out when time to pay that the coupon wasn't honored because they have a (50$ min cost to use it). So the joke on everyone that uses this site not getting a deal just a big headache !!!!!

Tip for consumers: don't use

kalpeshr
6/16/17

I purchased several restaurant.com coupons, but have wasted so much of my time trying to make things work. The website and app are both terrible. Lot of basic features don't work correctly. For instance, if you have 2 gift cards of $5, you can't use it to purchase one coupon of $10. The website does not recognize this. Some restaurants have stopped accepting the coupons. Most of the restaurants part of this program don't like accepting the coupons, even though they offer them here. One of the restaurant mentioned that if we want to use this coupon, they would levy a gratuity of 15% even for take away orders, and we should not argue against this. I feel like I am trying to force the restaurant to give a discount. And had this experience from multiple restaurants. So, the entire process makes the customer suffer in the end. I have wasted my time and money behind this, so would recommend others to be away from this.

loril67
6/16/17

I purchased a Restaurant.com certificate for O'maddi's Deli and Cafe in Northfield, VT.

When I presented the restaurant.com certificate for O'maddi's Deli and Cafe in Northfield, VT to the cashier she informed me they no longer accept these!
She said the reason was because too many people have used and re-used these certificates.
She never offered to make it right.

mwami
6/9/17

Great in concept.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE in execution.

I received a promo to basically get a Restaurant.com certificate for free. Too bad I can't use it! The website is stuck in the early 90s and the app is garbage. I've been trying for weeks to access to Restaurant.com to retrieve my certificate but it will NOT let me. The log-in screen freezes.

Hilarious that the app has a banner ad for...THE APP YOU'RE ALREADY USING?

I would NEVER spend my own money on this.

milesl10
6/7/17

This has to be a joke...Perhaps a project by college students? My advice RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN....i TRIED TO REDEEN A $50 CERT...ONLY ONE RESTAURANT ON THE LIST...AND THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE....SPREAD THE WORD

marym516
6/7/17

Scam I received gift card for $25when I entered only gave $15 certificate when I tried to redeem resturant required minimum of $30dollars and could only use one per visit. Total scam. Do not waste your money

maricelr1
5/25/17

I hate restuarnt. Com you pay with your debit card and they don't refund your money back I plan never too use any of this bull$#*! cards they could use cause I'm not wasting my time running to the restaurants on their list that are not participants

kristenm51
5/24/17

Tried to redeem my $25.00 certificate. It only had places that had been closed for several months. Tried to usecode off their website for some places that I knew were inanother town and it would not allowme to redeem. A total waste of time and money.

rhondap24
5/20/17

Our restaurant did not sign up for this!!!! A customer came in with a $25 coupon. Restaurant.com charged $10 and the customer gets $25 off their meal. Restaurant gets $0. Someone with restaurant.com needs to contact me and remove my restaurant from their list of approved restaurants.

Helpful answer

Same thing happened to me. There is no live person to talk to. They will give you a credit to use on another voucher but you will probably run into the same problem.

By Yvette R. on 12/9/15
Helpful answer

Burn it! Restaurant.com is not going to work with you at all. They are scam artists

By Miguel G. on 11/1/15

Yes you need to pay almost 5 times as much as you pay. Dont do that

By Mehdi F. on 10/11/15
Helpful answer

Most likely because of people like me. I had never heard of this company, but, was offered their cards as part of a promotion. After being burned, I took the time to post my opinion. Others may not take the time to caution others...

By C H. on 12/1/15
Helpful answer

Another dismayed Restaurant.com participant. Join the hundreds if not thousands of consumers who fall prey to their ploy and have been subjected to what you are undergoing time and time again.

By John M. on 2/14/13
Helpful answer

Your question is not very clear but if your certificate is "unused" I assume that means it hasn't been used yet and it is available for you to use. Be sure to check for other possible restrictions and minimum purchases.

By Joel B. on 9/21/15
Helpful answer

No restaurants directly accept the gift card at the restaurant.

By Joe S. on 1/14/17
Helpful answer

You probably can't since it is virtually impossible to reach the company. I wish I had a better answer for you.

By D L. on 10/17/15
Helpful answer

And when you call restaurant.com Theresa K or some other staff member will politely tell you, in essence, you don't have any $135 value. They will find a reason but they will suggest you spend more only to loss that too. Be cautious.

By John M. on 1/2/15

Agree with Angie L.

By D L. on 7/29/15
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other customers.

Restaurant.com?