Review of Restaurant.com

Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004, USA
Tel: 855.832.8728

bryanw37
6/24/17

Too many restrictions and limitations on how coupons can be used. In the long run you have to order double the amount of the coupon you have. Coupons are assigned a zip code where you have to use them plus you can only use one per month. I ended up unable to find an eligible restaurant that would take the coupons and where I could spend the correct amount. Threw away $100 in coupons - too much trouble.

jeffreyg47
6/18/17

Restaurant.com is a rip-off and a joke. Got a free coupon from a car deal close to home. Went to use it the next day think it would be nice to get a meal and not come out of girlfriend pocket(me not working now). Got there and ate, only to find out when time to pay that the coupon wasn't honored because they have a (50$ min cost to use it). So the joke on everyone that uses this site not getting a deal just a big headache !!!!!

Tip for consumers: don't use

kalpeshr
6/16/17

I purchased several restaurant.com coupons, but have wasted so much of my time trying to make things work. The website and app are both terrible. Lot of basic features don't work correctly. For instance, if you have 2 gift cards of $5, you can't use it to purchase one coupon of $10. The website does not recognize this. Some restaurants have stopped accepting the coupons. Most of the restaurants part of this program don't like accepting the coupons, even though they offer them here. One of the restaurant mentioned that if we want to use this coupon, they would levy a gratuity of 15% even for take away orders, and we should not argue against this. I feel like I am trying to force the restaurant to give a discount. And had this experience from multiple restaurants. So, the entire process makes the customer suffer in the end. I have wasted my time and money behind this, so would recommend others to be away from this.

loril67
6/16/17

I purchased a Restaurant.com certificate for O'maddi's Deli and Cafe in Northfield, VT.

When I presented the restaurant.com certificate for O'maddi's Deli and Cafe in Northfield, VT to the cashier she informed me they no longer accept these!
She said the reason was because too many people have used and re-used these certificates.
She never offered to make it right.

mwami
6/9/17

Great in concept.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE in execution.

I received a promo to basically get a Restaurant.com certificate for free. Too bad I can't use it! The website is stuck in the early 90s and the app is garbage. I've been trying for weeks to access to Restaurant.com to retrieve my certificate but it will NOT let me. The log-in screen freezes.

Hilarious that the app has a banner ad for...THE APP YOU'RE ALREADY USING?

I would NEVER spend my own money on this.

milesl10
6/7/17

This has to be a joke...Perhaps a project by college students? My advice RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN....i TRIED TO REDEEN A $50 CERT...ONLY ONE RESTAURANT ON THE LIST...AND THAT WAS A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE....SPREAD THE WORD

marym516
6/7/17

Scam I received gift card for $25when I entered only gave $15 certificate when I tried to redeem resturant required minimum of $30dollars and could only use one per visit. Total scam. Do not waste your money

maricelr1
5/25/17

I hate restuarnt. Com you pay with your debit card and they don't refund your money back I plan never too use any of this bull$#*! cards they could use cause I'm not wasting my time running to the restaurants on their list that are not participants

kristenm51
5/24/17

Tried to redeem my $25.00 certificate. It only had places that had been closed for several months. Tried to usecode off their website for some places that I knew were inanother town and it would not allowme to redeem. A total waste of time and money.

rhondap24
5/20/17

Our restaurant did not sign up for this!!!! A customer came in with a $25 coupon. Restaurant.com charged $10 and the customer gets $25 off their meal. Restaurant gets $0. Someone with restaurant.com needs to contact me and remove my restaurant from their list of approved restaurants.

denisef41
5/19/17

This website is very misleading and, overall, a complete scam, I tried to get my money back when I realized all the conditions, but they refused to give me a refund and were extremely rude

johnw657
5/14/17

I've use Restaurant.com a couple times now and no issues. I pay $10 for a $25 certificates (sometimes restaruant.com runs specials for cheaper). Usually the only fine print is a $50 minimum, which I understand and have no issue meeting with my family. I redeem right off my phone and have always been welcomed. Nice for me to get a little discount and nice for the restaurant because I seek them out and I spend a bit more than the minimum.

marioh31
5/14/17

Misleading terms and no response when complaining and requesting a refund. Restaurant will stop accepting these certificates in the future

theresaa30
5/8/17

Restaurant.com called wanting to sign my business up, said they were like groupon but better. I told them I would think about it. I NEVER agreed to do business with them. Had a customer come in on a Sunday night with gift certificate. Customer was PISSED when it wasn't honored. Called Restaurant.com and they called that my bartender agreed to do business with them. First of all they need to have someone with the authority to agree to do business with them. Second, my employee said that she told them no! Now the customer is posting all the internet give us bad reviews for not take the gift certificate.

denised81
5/4/17

This is a rip off. Ironically, I got a $50 card for joinging BJ's so I thought the fee was worth it. I also think BJ's is a rip off. I expected to be able to pick a restaurant and use the entire $50.00. No!!! The only local restaurants either limit you to using only one $10 certificate per visit per month or limit you to a $25.00 certificate but require you to spend $50.00 This is no deal and only makes you spend money you normally wouldn't have spent. Groupon is a much better deall Also, most of the restaurants listed were in Philadelphia -- so you either have to pay to park and go over the bridge or pay to ride the train. Grrrrrrrrr

kellym206
4/29/17

Did not buy these!!! Scam! Wish I could rate a 0!!! I followed directions and now can't get discount. Horrible and will never buy again!!

reillev
4/29/17

Hey listen-- Restaurant.com KEEPS 100% OF THE REVENUE and most of the time features businesses with out their permission. Restaurant.com thinks these businesses should be happy they are sending people in (and keeping 100% revenue) but people who use these coupons are cheap and only want to spend what the "certificates" state it's for, in other words, if you buy a $25 gift certificate for $5, people don't want to go over the $25

When business owners called up to get their name taken off websites, they would say it would take 90 days and that is a crock of you know what. It takes seconds to remove them. Bottom line, don't be greedy, think about it.. $5 for a $25 (especially when you're not willing to spend past the $25) you get what you pay for..

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND! Just google the nightmares Businesses have.

marvinc37
4/27/17

I had credit for $25 on this site. I tried to buy a $10 certificate to a restaurant and when I put it in my shopping cart it says the minimum order amount is $20. I then replace the $10 certificate with a $25 certificate in my shopping cart to cover the $20 minimum and it tells me my minimum is now $50 bucks. No matter how much you put towards a gift certificate they're going to ask that your meal cost twice as much! How is that considered a deal? Total ripoff, wouldn't recommend and will spread this information to friends and family.

seanm143
4/25/17

Just horrible u have to spend fifty bucks to get 25 buck's of ur meal with the gift card so I purchased a couple decided that I didn't want them and they tell me no refunds they r a scam

devonm21
4/18/17

Tried again and again to redeem the $25 code as a gift from T-Mobile Tuesday. The credit says that it applied, and I select my restaurant, but there is no voucher anywhere to be found in my account. Also, I tried the code 4 times, and each time it says it 'applied' the credit. The broken site is a joke as well, I wouldn't trust them with my credit card number as all signs point to a scam site. A little disappointed T-Mobile didn't look into the company they partnered with.

claudiak25
4/18/17

I follow all of the instructions on the page and on the T-Mobile Tuesday given to me. I used my $25.00 to purchase 2 certificates and now I can't find them anywhere. It was a waste of time I hope T-Mobile gets their money back from this website.

danb187
4/18/17

I redeemed a promo code for $25 credit on restaurant.com. After I used the credit to purchase a gift certificate it said it added it to my account, but it didn't. Now I have no credit or certificate.

jordonb1
4/18/17

I had 2 $25 certificates to this site.. I got one coupon for $10 off of $25... then i tried to get another coupon and it asks for my credit card number.. Like i have a Zero balance on the site.. ITS BS. I dont know why i even tried... Waste of time!

alvaneishag
4/18/17

If I could give this a zero star I would. I tried to redeem a code that T-Mobile sent me and it would not work. Tried to call them and obviously couldn't get a hold of them. Just shut down the website. It's really a waste of time

richardb302
4/16/17

Rigazzi's Restaurant, for being voted the best Italian restaurant in St. Louis was a disappointment to me because they either hired incompetent staff, or a worker prone to prevarication or practical jokes. I had called to make a reservation for the following Sunday afternoon. The reservation was taken. I arrived to discover the place was closed on Sundays. -Rev. Dr. R. Behringer

Helpful answer

Burn it! Restaurant.com is not going to work with you at all. They are scam artists

By Miguel G. on 11/1/15
Helpful answer

Same thing happened to me. There is no live person to talk to. They will give you a credit to use on another voucher but you will probably run into the same problem.

By Yvette R. on 12/9/15

Yes you need to pay almost 5 times as much as you pay. Dont do that

By Mehdi F. on 10/11/15
Helpful answer

Most likely because of people like me. I had never heard of this company, but, was offered their cards as part of a promotion. After being burned, I took the time to post my opinion. Others may not take the time to caution others...

By C H. on 12/1/15
Helpful answer

Another dismayed Restaurant.com participant. Join the hundreds if not thousands of consumers who fall prey to their ploy and have been subjected to what you are undergoing time and time again.

By John M. on 2/14/13
Helpful answer

Your question is not very clear but if your certificate is "unused" I assume that means it hasn't been used yet and it is available for you to use. Be sure to check for other possible restrictions and minimum purchases.

By Joel B. on 9/21/15
Helpful answer

You probably can't since it is virtually impossible to reach the company. I wish I had a better answer for you.

By D L. on 10/17/15
Helpful answer

And when you call restaurant.com Theresa K or some other staff member will politely tell you, in essence, you don't have any $135 value. They will find a reason but they will suggest you spend more only to loss that too. Be cautious.

By John M. on 1/2/15

Agree with Angie L.

By D L. on 7/29/15
Helpful answer

You could try calling restaurant.com at (800) 979-8985, but good luck with that. If that is unsatisfactory, there is always Yelp.com and the BBB.

By Joe S. on 8/7/15
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other customers.

Restaurant.com?