Review of Restaurant.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rhondap24
5/20/17

Our restaurant did not sign up for this!!!! A customer came in with a $25 coupon. Restaurant.com charged $10 and the customer gets $25 off their meal. Restaurant gets $0. Someone with restaurant.com needs to contact me and remove my restaurant from their list of approved restaurants.

denisef41
5/19/17

This website is very misleading and, overall, a complete scam, I tried to get my money back when I realized all the conditions, but they refused to give me a refund and were extremely rude

johnw657
5/14/17

I've use Restaurant.com a couple times now and no issues. I pay $10 for a $25 certificates (sometimes restaruant.com runs specials for cheaper). Usually the only fine print is a $50 minimum, which I understand and have no issue meeting with my family. I redeem right off my phone and have always been welcomed. Nice for me to get a little discount and nice for the restaurant because I seek them out and I spend a bit more than the minimum.

marioh31
5/14/17

Misleading terms and no response when complaining and requesting a refund. Restaurant will stop accepting these certificates in the future

theresaa30
5/8/17

Restaurant.com called wanting to sign my business up, said they were like groupon but better. I told them I would think about it. I NEVER agreed to do business with them. Had a customer come in on a Sunday night with gift certificate. Customer was PISSED when it wasn't honored. Called Restaurant.com and they called that my bartender agreed to do business with them. First of all they need to have someone with the authority to agree to do business with them. Second, my employee said that she told them no! Now the customer is posting all the internet give us bad reviews for not take the gift certificate.

denised81
5/4/17

This is a rip off. Ironically, I got a $50 card for joinging BJ's so I thought the fee was worth it. I also think BJ's is a rip off. I expected to be able to pick a restaurant and use the entire $50.00. No!!! The only local restaurants either limit you to using only one $10 certificate per visit per month or limit you to a $25.00 certificate but require you to spend $50.00 This is no deal and only makes you spend money you normally wouldn't have spent. Groupon is a much better deall Also, most of the restaurants listed were in Philadelphia -- so you either have to pay to park and go over the bridge or pay to ride the train. Grrrrrrrrr

kellym206
4/29/17

Did not buy these!!! Scam! Wish I could rate a 0!!! I followed directions and now can't get discount. Horrible and will never buy again!!

reillev
4/29/17

Hey listen-- Restaurant.com KEEPS 100% OF THE REVENUE and most of the time features businesses with out their permission. Restaurant.com thinks these businesses should be happy they are sending people in (and keeping 100% revenue) but people who use these coupons are cheap and only want to spend what the "certificates" state it's for, in other words, if you buy a $25 gift certificate for $5, people don't want to go over the $25

When business owners called up to get their name taken off websites, they would say it would take 90 days and that is a crock of you know what. It takes seconds to remove them. Bottom line, don't be greedy, think about it.. $5 for a $25 (especially when you're not willing to spend past the $25) you get what you pay for..

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND! Just google the nightmares Businesses have.

marvinc37
4/27/17

I had credit for $25 on this site. I tried to buy a $10 certificate to a restaurant and when I put it in my shopping cart it says the minimum order amount is $20. I then replace the $10 certificate with a $25 certificate in my shopping cart to cover the $20 minimum and it tells me my minimum is now $50 bucks. No matter how much you put towards a gift certificate they're going to ask that your meal cost twice as much! How is that considered a deal? Total ripoff, wouldn't recommend and will spread this information to friends and family.

seanm143
4/25/17

Just horrible u have to spend fifty bucks to get 25 buck's of ur meal with the gift card so I purchased a couple decided that I didn't want them and they tell me no refunds they r a scam

devonm21
4/18/17

Tried again and again to redeem the $25 code as a gift from T-Mobile Tuesday. The credit says that it applied, and I select my restaurant, but there is no voucher anywhere to be found in my account. Also, I tried the code 4 times, and each time it says it 'applied' the credit. The broken site is a joke as well, I wouldn't trust them with my credit card number as all signs point to a scam site. A little disappointed T-Mobile didn't look into the company they partnered with.

claudiak25
4/18/17

I follow all of the instructions on the page and on the T-Mobile Tuesday given to me. I used my $25.00 to purchase 2 certificates and now I can't find them anywhere. It was a waste of time I hope T-Mobile gets their money back from this website.

danb187
4/18/17

I redeemed a promo code for $25 credit on restaurant.com. After I used the credit to purchase a gift certificate it said it added it to my account, but it didn't. Now I have no credit or certificate.

jordonb1
4/18/17

I had 2 $25 certificates to this site.. I got one coupon for $10 off of $25... then i tried to get another coupon and it asks for my credit card number.. Like i have a Zero balance on the site.. ITS BS. I dont know why i even tried... Waste of time!

alvaneishag
4/18/17

If I could give this a zero star I would. I tried to redeem a code that T-Mobile sent me and it would not work. Tried to call them and obviously couldn't get a hold of them. Just shut down the website. It's really a waste of time

richardb302
4/16/17

Rigazzi's Restaurant, for being voted the best Italian restaurant in St. Louis was a disappointment to me because they either hired incompetent staff, or a worker prone to prevarication or practical jokes. I had called to make a reservation for the following Sunday afternoon. The reservation was taken. I arrived to discover the place was closed on Sundays. -Rev. Dr. R. Behringer

donaldh72
4/3/17

False from start to finish, very bad CS, Their adds are very miss leading, and will not refund your money even if they are 100% wrong. Very limited choices.

rachelr68
3/31/17

I'm a business owner, and want buyers to be aware-these "certificates" you purchase, this website pockets 100% of the cash you spend, the restaurants do not see a penny, and then are suppose to accept double the value spent! So if you purchase a $50 certificate for 25, that restaurant takes the entire cut of $50, and the website collects on it! It's the biggest scam online that involves millions of small businesses, taking advantage of there earnings!
I am a business owner and have tried twice to remove my business from their site, but I keep getting customers with these certificates! We no longer accept them, and suggest customers go on the better business bureau and read the complaints themselves.
I can't imagine how many millions of dollars they collect off consumers for this scamming operation. It's horrible.

kevina82
3/28/17

www.specials.restaurant.com is falsely advertising 5, $50 egift cards for 50 dollars. They say they have a non refundable policy yet they falsely advertise the "amounts" of the minimum food item purchase in the process of getting your card information. I have not even used the vouchers and they are saying it is non refundable and also does not state non refundable in the confirmation email with the 5, 50 dollar gift card vouchers. This company does bad business by putting false advertisements up on it's websites and in the emails it sends you.

gentryh
3/25/17

Tried to purchase GC's via the site. Was "offered" an additional 40% that disappears when I try to check out.
Took my CC info and appeared to confirm sale. However, no email, and site says I have no GC to redeem. I don't see a charge on my Visa st this point; but if it shows up, that's going to be a problem.
No customer service on weekends, really?
Seems like either a scam or hassle. Either way, best to avoid

melissam179
3/25/17

Bought a groupon for ultimate date night for 39.00.
For "2 movie tickets and a $100 restaurant.com egift card"......important word here is "a" 100 gift card......but you actually get 4/25.00 gift cards that you cannot use at the same time.....AND the app is now telling me that i have none to redeem, and i actually have 100.00. The only thing that the customer service people say is "i am sorry for the inconvenience"...........WHAT EVER!!
This place is a joke.......

mistyh13
3/18/17

I gor a groupon for 40 dollars worth hundred dollars worth food for date night. When trying to use in my area or 30 mile radius Thete were only taco shops and 1 pizza resteraunt. We decide on the pizza resteraunt. We get thete it's a food cart, okay fine we orsee to.pizzas for 40. They tell us we can only use 10 a month. So we would need to.pay for the reSt Then we try to use at 3 diffrent mexican resteraunt in are area mostly shady taco stands and everyone was closed. The worst 40 dollars evr spent don't trust.

robb674
3/18/17

this seems like a fake thing. the restaurants listed in the "Restaurant.com" are either permanently closed or the one that are available are pretty crappy. Don't trust this. I had two restaurant in Phonix arizona area listed in the restaurant.com and bought the certificate but when went to pick up my order, found that both of them were permanently closed

miltonb18
3/8/17

Restaurant.com also has other deals for vacation, electronics etc. $50 for $500 travel expenses. Site seems real but the deals are too good to be true. Any experiences?

letk
3/6/17

We, Fuze Asian Grille, never signed up for restaurant.com's coupons or certificates or is not affiliated with it whatsoever. Still, customers are coming with its coupons or certificates and when I checked the website, I found out that restaurant.com is giving certificates to site visitors way less than its original price.
Again, We, Fuze Asian Grielle, never signed up for restaurant.com coupons or certificates or is not affiliated with restaurant.com whatsoever and we do not honor any of its certificates or coupons.

Restaurant.com should pay respect to other business.

Fuze Asian Grille

65 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jessicag53
Jessica G.
on 8/17/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other customers.

Restaurant.com?