US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alowishusa
12/10/16

needed to exchange gift certs for restaurant that closed down.... ive tried the web page over 20 times and ive called a dozen times. and never works, NEVER!! i mean NOTHING!!! i have EIGHT certificates that all are to permanently closed restaurants. ive tried to "EXCHANGE" these through the web site but it NEVER worked. i typed everything precisely as it should be and it tells me the code i typed for proof im not a robot is ALWAYS incorrect. i emailed and only received a generic "HOW TO EXCHANGE" reply. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!! therefore, generic responses do NOTHING. i tried to call and the phone says the customer service number is OUTSIDE MY CALLING AREA!!! wtf is THAT?!?!? i just want a HUMAN to TRY and understand my frustration. the app and or web page BLOWS!!! i need REAL help! from a HUMAN BEING!!!!! what an UNBELIEVABLE hassle this!!!!!

USELESS!!!! ZERO STARS! p.o.s.!!!!

please tell your friends to AVOID THIS CRAPPY so-called "SERVICE" spread the word, THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

erino20
12/9/16

Don't get sucked in by the "good deal". Yes you pay $4 for $25, but then you must buy $75 worth at the restaurant or website, and you can't use multiple codes.

danas73
12/8/16

I bought a package of FIVE $25 restaurants.com gift cards on restaurants.com. When the gift card came, the back of the card says that it can only be redeemed on theidealmeal.com. WTF is th idealmeal.com? I didn't buy a gift card for that site. When I went on theidealmeal.com site the prices for the restaurant certificates were HIGHER than the prices on restaurants.com! Not to mention, many of the restaurants have a $100 minimum purchase amount. This means I cannot use my $25 gift cards because they do not allow you to use multiple gift cards in one purchase.

THESE CARDS ARE USELESS.

I'm beyond disgusted that I wasted my time and got scammed by these charlatans. How is this scam site still in business?

latishas2
12/4/16

Through my game stop rewards I was able to receive a $25 online gift certificate for Santorini Greek Grill & Lounge. I decided to redeem the certificate and unfortunately we were informed that it was fake. We also asked two other restaurants (Pizza N Pizza, and Pak Restaurant) next door about their participation and they told us their gift certificate were fake as well. Restaurants.com should reimburse the restaurants that were not participating and go through and fix their list of restaurants that never agreed to partner with them.

ashleym174
12/2/16

If youre going to use restaurant.com, which I highly suggest you don't, make sure you read every single policy they have before they try to scam you out of money. I received a gift card as a reward from a company I am a member of. I tried to apply it to restaurant.com only to be told that the value is not enough and that I had to add credit to my account. However, once I added the credit to my account the two gift cards appeared separately with no way to combine the two values. Therefore I could not use either giftcard and was given no option to pay the difference with a credit card. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with customer service and speaking to two different people, I was left with no solution. I was simply told that my gift certificates have no cash value (duh!) and that I would not be able to use them for the purchase I wanted. I think the biggest issue with restaurant.com is that they have so many hidden policies that are not shown anywhere when trying to make a purchase. Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I can guarantee I will never be using this site again.

peneloper5
11/30/16

Restaurant.com makes the deal sound appealing! When you go to redeem them you will just go round and round on website! The gift certificate is more like a coupon! You have to spend $75 to use $25 or $10 gift certificate! So basically I have a $100 b.s gift certificate aka "glorified coupon!"

andeed
11/30/16

I have 2 gift certificates to Restaurant.com I have been trying to redeem them for almost a year now. When I try I get an error message stating, "Oops! This code is already saved to another account." I do not have another account and these codes clearly show up on my account.

I have tried calling ( permanent hold, no one answers), emailing (get a generic reply which is of no help at all), and contacting them through their website (no response).

Restaurant.com is totally useless for me.

carmillab
11/24/16

I think that Restaurant.com has very good deals. Of course, one should be discriminating and find restaurants that would suit their tastes. In my area, there are maybe 4 of many restaurants where I would wish to dine. That said, I have purchased several for my favorites.

When I travel, I always look at what Restaurant. com is offering in my new location.

adriennes6
11/13/16

I bought restaurant gift certificates from restaurant.com but merchant wouldn't accept it. Apparently restaurant.com just wrote up a "deal" without the merchant's permission! Merchant spent hours getting restaurant.com to take her restaurant off their list. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM RESTAURANT.COM. Shame on them. Fortunately my credit card company refunded my purchase upon dispute.

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVERY BUY FROM RESTAURANT.COM - IT'S A SCAM!

arieo1
11/13/16

We received a 'free' restaurant.com card by becoming a BJ's member. Although it sounds good at first glance, this a total waste of your time. The restaurant selection is small and the restrictions are not worth the hassle. An example: Minimum purchase of $50 at restaurant. Coupon worth $6... why bother. Just go out an enjoy a meal and drinks at whatever restaurant you want to go to.

helenl72
10/31/16

I exchanged my United Mileage for pieces of trash! We went to one restaurant and the owner said she never authorized to be on restaurant.com and won't accept my coupon. I exchanged the amount to another restaurant on the list. I got smart and called ahead before I went only to find out they don't take the coupon, too!! Then why is the restaurant still on the list?????? There's also no decent places to choose from. I should of just redeem magazines instead of useless certificates!

mariam320
10/25/16

Purchased a "special" to see Cirque Du Soleil show. The day of my show I was unable to open the file with my tickets. It was a weekend and there was no place to call for customer service. I Went down to the box office to show the Cirque people the confirmation from Restaurant.com to see if they could access the tickets. They couldn't either and said that they had ongoing problems with Restaurant.com. We had to purchase new tickets ($300). Called customer service that Monday morning and I gotten the run around ever since. They basically say "sorry" but we sent you the tickets and I say "the file was corrupt and I couldn't open it!" Awful, awful company. They won't be in business that much longer. Stay away!

williamg116
9/21/16

I had several gift card credits to use so I followed the proceedure to redeem them and buy some new certificates. When i finished I noticed that they never did apply my credits and instead charged my credit card the full amount. I contact them and all they did was send me the standard procedure for redetermining credits. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER.......No real way to contact them & speak to someone and get issues resolved. This was once a good deal but now it is dishonest and will fail. I'll get refunded through my credit card company as fraud ...... beware those that stalk in cyber space for suckers.

veek2
9/3/16

The website won't allow access when adding the codes for "captcha" so no way to get in touch. I would like to exchange 4 certificates, but where are they? They don't have them listed and want me to caontact "customer service" which i can't do.

philp35
9/1/16

They sold me a certificate to a restaurant that was out of business. Trying to exchange it for another certificate took me several hours and didn't work. Ultimately I asked my wife who is a computer expert t do it for me.
The site was so bad that she got directed to a place where she discovered she had bought another cert that we didn't want. I call the help desk number. After 20 minutes alex said "no refunds, tough luck". I finally got Bianca a supervisor who backed out the additional charge. It took me over 3 hours to get a trivial thing done. As soon as I use the exchanged cert I'm quitting these guys ASAP

saydif
8/29/16

I bought certificates for places we enjoy in our neighborhood. Unfortunately some places no longer take coupons (even though California law prohibits) the choices to exchange close to us are places we'd never go to. One place has rats! They need to be sure the restaurant they're selling is not a health hazard. Maybe they should check Yelp reviews for restaurants. $200+- of my money down the tubes.

camm34
8/29/16

I received the first coupon from Verizon - I was going to use it in Breck for Windy City Pizza - ugh - filthy place - we left before they waited on us - so I called rest.com to report the findings on that one. (there was not another rest listed in Breckenridge) They "upsold" me on a couple more coupon deals - there are two not good restaurants that we would never eat at here in Parker. When I try to find a place to go on their site - they take us 20 miles from our zip code - AND when most people go to eat it is usually on the weekend - and most of these places do not take the coupon on the weekend - we have not used them - we have had them for a few months and I probably will never use them and chuck it up to stupidity on my behalf -

carolines40
8/27/16

This is Hazlet Pizza Pizzeria in 3041 highway 35 Hazlet new jersey/ Customer came into my pizzeria ate $58.00 worth of food and gave me a $25.00 from Restaurant.com. Said he paid for it at restaurant . com.
I never authorized any such coupon to be offered and I fully intend to call the authorities about my company being put on a coupon site with any permission from me the owner.
I want this customer to get his 10.00 that he invested in this fradulent coupon back. .
Someone from the Restaurant.com site needs to speak with me . And I mean now.
Hazlet pizzeria Hazlet. n.j.

danap30
8/24/16

I went to Rising Sons in Madison on High Point Road, WI and was told by the owner that they do not want to honor the certificate that I purchased on restaurants.com. Eventually they took the certificate saying that because I already purchased they will take it this time. I believe that this certificate should not be offered if the owner does not want to honor it. I emailed restaurants.com and has never received response. I still see on the restaurants.com the same certificate for $10 to Rising Sons. It's scam to sell certificate that is not honored at the restaurant.

jesusa17
8/24/16

Never authorized certificates for my restaurant......

chrisw196
8/23/16

Its bad customer service when you call in no one listens all they do if read off a paper saying same thing over an over then the restaurant s that deal with them are just as bad no know how to use them in any restaurant not even the manager s so why is this service even offered just bad bad bad all around never buy any restaurant anything off line again because of this company

petero27
8/22/16

Absolute bull - all of it. You will never get the value. RIP OFF!! I recieved this as an Xmas gift and I feel bad my relative bought in to this nonsense.

pc77
8/21/16

I got a Restaurant.com card as a gift a year or so ago, only to find out that I can getgood deals on the coupon, but have to spend a minimum of $50 at most places, even Pizzeria's and cafe's, that I want to go to. I can't eat up $50 of food myself. Even with my wife, we can't eat $50 worth of food in a Mexican restaraunt. I'm in Florida, not New York, so prices are reasonable, but still...For instance, a $10 coupon for $4..but I have to spend a minimum of $50. Rediculous..................

fredh66
8/19/16

These folks have no problem harassing a small business owner with multiple, back to back phone calls trying to sell whatever they sell.Rude, Monstrous, Ridiculous.

brandic12
8/15/16

I bought a coupon for the Native Cafe in Pensacola Beach and tried to use it today just to find out they did not have permission to be selling them aso they are not redeemable! Never buy from this site!!!

55 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Restaurant.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question