US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alexj89
9/27/16

People say 'You get what you pay for.' so I did not expect much using POF. After all it is a free site and my experiences tell me that most free sites are a waste of time. However, I highly recommend POF. Not bad for a free dating site and I am spoiled but absolutely fantastic dating sites like Mingle2day so it is not easy to impress me.

lisad170
9/26/16

I just found out from my husband on sept 2nd that he has been talking with a girl on your pof site. They met 3 times in a parking lot. He got gonorrhea from her. Our marriage may not be strong enough to get past this but I wanted to let others know that there is a girl out there on your website spreading this. Her username starts or has Rebecca or becca in it. She is from Aurora, Co. and drives a older blazer or Ford Explorer. My husband deleted his acct and said they never swapped numbers. He could not remember her username unless he don't want to say. My husbands username is 1guy1978. I tryed reopening his acct or making another acct but no luck finding her to report it. I believe he was using a yahoo email. Just don't want this spreading!

michelles213
9/25/16

It's horrible. Don't know who you're really talking to or corresponding with. Lots of fake profiles.

martinh80
9/23/16

I bought a month subscription, it automatically enrolls you in monthly auto pay. After a month I got an email stating that $19.99 was taken from my account, no problem right? Right away cancelled my auto-pay and called and asked for a refund as soon as the phone lines opened. Sarah in billing stated that there are only two physical people to talk to, and they are both in billing, so basically no customer service. I told her my situation and how I called and wrote two emails as soon as I saw the POF monthly charge, her response? Sorry, NO REFUNDS AT ALL. I stated that it was my fault but I called and emailed hours after the charge posted. Too bad, no refunds. I then asked to talk to her supervisor or somebody else, as previously written, no one else to talk to. And that was it, no refund, no one to ask about it. Sarah stated that I can email them but I would get the same NO REFUND response. I totally understand if I had asked for a refund a week or two into the cycle, but I emailed and called as soon as the charge was posted. This was a first for me. Sloppy business practice

davidm517
9/22/16

Once you have paid for the upgraded account, the site will delete your account for no reason whatsoever & won't spend you a reason or refund

susanw133
9/21/16

I put my profile on pof with no picture. I got hits even went out on one date and met on terrific guy. The one that i went out on a date with wanted sex afterwards, told him to hit the road. The second guy was real nice, we hit it off and are friends. I started to talking to a guy close to me. We emailed, facebook, and viber for 4 days then out of the blue he wantef a 100 dollar itunes card. I told him no and to go somewhere i wont mention on site. This dating site has rude men and when they see me its either sex or they see me as a bank. Not worth your time. To many ugly men on this site.

davidm513
9/19/16

This revolting site is filled with the worst human rubbish I have ever seen in my life, 99.9% ugly, disgusting, no class, white trash skanks. In this current graceless age that is your typical North American Caucasian woman, basically the most undesirable skanks on the face of the earth. Good riddance!

jamesp252
9/14/16

Stay away from this site or at least do not upgrade your membership ! There is no customer service at all, either on the phone or via email, and they will not help you with any access problems if you cannot get into your account because of a password problem. I paid for an upgrade and then they "lost" my account and I received none of the benefits that I paid for !!!

lynnc76
9/11/16

It's a joke like every other dating site. Nothing real about it. PASS!

davef50
9/10/16

..it never posted. I made a full profile with complete info and requirements to see what it's like. It never got posted. I emailed, sent feedback and got nothing. That so called "support number"... it's a canned message system. I wanted to see if POF could have a better chance at being decent than others. Well I guess I found out. I realize that some places can be a rip off, scam or perhaps glitchy but POF seems to be an entity of just complete uncertainty and chance it's going to work if at all.

darrelll24
9/6/16

(*BE SURE TO LOOK MY ADDENDUM POF REVIEW UP*)

I've read some of the other reviews, other people are being too hard of the site itself. What should be clarified is, REGISTRY is free, there is also a quick message feature that's free. There is also a "Meet Me" feature, which requires an upgrade. There are multiple plans, but are all expensive.

Understand that I registered a week ago. I've sent quick messages to about twenty women, along with follow ups because they NEVER REPLY. I don't even know why they come to dating sites, if they're going to behave this way. Coming to dating sites indicates a bit of desperation.

To reject a man or woman, WITHOUT EVEN MEETING, is both weird and unfair. Those who do, are denying themselves and others of what could be a great relationship, and that isn't fair.

I'm not sure what other men are like, but, women are very immature and fussy.

Regardless, I take no issue with this site, the users are the problem. Just understand that it might take time, so, be patient.

peterz16
9/5/16

I like this site a lot but expected a bit more considering how popular it is. Happy to fork out the money as I have met up with people on dates but still waiting for Mr. Right to come along and sweep me off my feet! Started using wejustfit.com and really like that, dont understand why there arent more people talking about that one, it's even better than POF in my opinion.

callitad
9/4/16

It is a free site, you can contact users and chat with them, there are no restriction on giving e-mail or phone number, you can block users that you find abusive or otherwise unacceptable, there are plenty of users, much more than on Oasis, so I have found someone locally and we hit it straight away. I met several other man before for a first date or a couple of dates, but it wasn't what I was looking for (or him), so of course it is not a magic site, all depends on you. But beware of sites that take moneys and then you are bombarded by automated messages from fake profiles! Esp local singles.com, mature singles.com, over40 singles.com, widowed singles.com, etc...

raym793
9/1/16

I upgraded with PoF because it stated that I had 17 meet me's and that a lot of members found me attractive, which I also found attractive.
I put in my credit card details and became a member, Low and behold I found that the 17 meet me's vanished, and the members that were supposed to be mutually attracted to had never read my profile (it says so in the persons profile)
I logged out as usual, when I logged in later I was back as a free member again???????? is this a scam???????????? no replies have been received from my messages to POF about this matter, the money has been taken from my account.
It does all seem to be a big bit FISHY

michaelg254
8/31/16

Most of the women need to look in the mirror you get the ugly ones saying no one night stands..look in the mirror love you have no chance unless you put a paper bag over your head picky is not the word......

truthh4
8/30/16

It used to be a decent site, but since it was bought out by a certain match web site it appears to have been deliberately sabotaged. On their forum there's even a message at the top bragging about how the moderators have no clue how the site works because the admin keeps them in the dark. Profiles get randomly deleted with no notification, although they let you sign up with the same user name and email. This site should be called plenty of phish!

Tip for consumers: Don't. Just don't.

vivianr25
8/28/16

Not many replies and honestly I haven't met anyone yet. But it is free to use so I did not expect anything. I have been a member of so called 'prime dating sites' and I think most of them were actually better. But they are not 100% free to use! Expect to upgrade your profile before you can use the whole functionality. So it really depends on what you are looking for. I was happy using Mingle2day and was a gold member for three months with great results but I understand if some guys prefer to use all free dating sites and for that purpose POF seems to be just fine.

hannahm44
8/25/16

Been on here on and off for a few years this site is s waste of time guys on pof would say they are looking for Relationships and are just after one thing guys here thing they are something special avoid this site too many fake guys and liars don't trust this site and the people on it would never join pof ever again in my life don't bother

davem176
8/23/16

I like this site, its easily up there with match and wejustfit.com and with some tweaks it would equal those guys. Check it out.

annam175
8/23/16

Met many men on here. Jms4848 is one they claim to want a relationship and see them a few times only for them to get what they want and ghost you. Liars, non relationship wanting, man whores. Should have an area to post these dudes pics to other women as a warning.

andrewy11
8/23/16

I vied many profiles. sent a lot of messages and got 0 local replies. I received some messages from other states mostly from scamers or women looking for bill gates type sugar daddys.Don't waste your time or money.

joeh118
8/18/16

POF is so fake. The majority of the profiles are all fake. I sent 20 instant messages to different women and asked for a response if it it was a courtesy response of 'no thanks'. Not a single response. I then chose 10 of those 20 and sent a follow up note and asked if they are real profiles'...again, no response. POF shows that those FAKE profiles 'looked' at your profile, but that is pretty simple to do by POF to cross reference those FAKE profiles and then show that they looked at your profile. Then there is the issue of the 'meet me' app. That too is a way to lure you into signing up and paying for this FAKE site. I received 40 'meet me' requests right after I posted a picture of myself. I then searched POF for about 20 of those profiles and guess what? They were NOT anywhere to be found. The 'meet me' app is a clever way to seduce you into paying a fee. I even contacted a few of the less desireable women that show up on POF and those that were as homely as possible to see if they are real and guess what? They don't respond. I had to do this experiment to see just how much of a rip off this site is and I was not surprised to see how bad it really is. Stay away!

die421
8/17/16

If you don't hang out at the bars, casinos or clubs this might be another avenue to look into. Though its not perfect it is better than some of those paying sites. You can filter the ones you are looking for such as type of religion, marital status, age, area, no pictures, ect...
I would recommend this site, but like any website use it wisely.

crystalc46
8/17/16

Thanks to this FREE APP I found the love of my life was only on it on and off for about 2 weeks. From the moment we met at our blind date (my house) I knew he was the one we both smiled at eachother like if we've known eachother for a while I love this person from the bottom of my heart and I'm glad I finally found him he's the sweetest cutest most lovable boyfriend I've ever had

carll39
8/15/16

The female on POF all have 1 thing in common. They all have an attitude even if there are butt ugly. It seems all western women are like it these days

I guess if your getting 100 messages a day from desperate men then you are going to think you are something special. No chance you will meet a ltr on here. I think the women just use to it play games for DRAMA and attention

Every profile is the same. They all have the most amazing friends who mean the world to them. If that's the case date one of them?

And what's with photos of tattoos and pets in the photos why do I want to see that

Also the lists there have of things they hate make me laugh. Who actually likes bad hygiene text talk and ignorance . Although they hate ignorance but they'll ignore your message. They are too stupid to understand the irony there

Conclusion. Whales unattractive females both inside and out. Avoid like the plague

87 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question