Review of POF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

chrism338
3/28/17

I have been a user of this website for over 5 years. 5 years ago I met someone and stayed in a relationship with them for over 4 years however I left my account active stating I was in a relationship and now just looking for friends.

Having split recently with my ex girlfriend I decided to change my account status and started talking to people once again. However after a short while I was deleted, with no reason and no notification.

I have since singed up numerous times to the website as I felt this may have just been in error however this does not seem to be the case as the website continued to delete my account. I contact POF about this on numerous occasions with very minimal response. The only time their reply felt positive was when they said I should be able to sign up again as the issue has been fixed, however when I did, with 4 hours I was deleted again.

I signed up one last time after staying off the site for about a month, this time I had more success. I spent 6 days signed up before it randomly deleted me again. I find this system to be extremely rude to not only me but to the people who I was talking to as I can no longer continue the conversations with them.

I would like to also say that the support I have received from POF CSR in the recent weeks has been appalling and my queries have not been returned and my issues are unresolved.

I find it also very Ironic that the system deletes genuine people who are single and want to meet other people, however it does not investigate or deal with accounts of people who are currently in a relationship and are falsifying this information on their profiles by stating they are single and still looking.

As a user of the website for over 5 years, I am shocked and appalled that they deal with their users in this way and the reviews on various websites concur with my opinion as there are many other people who stress the same feelings as I do.

5 years ago this website seemed to care for it's users and used to be helpful in assisting people to find friendships and relationships with people who otherwise would possibly never meet. Now this website is sexist and has sheer disregard and disrespect for it's users.

I urge people that if they wish to find companionship, friendship, relationships or any other form of ship that they look elsewhere and not on this website because for Males, we are deleted without cause and are not respected as a user when speaking with their customer service team and Females who are signed up are harassed with sexual comments from some real and but primarily fake accounts.

Think carefully before you sign up to this website.

Tip for consumers: Do not use unless you are happy to be harassed and disrespected as a person.

patm129
3/22/17

Am not sure if POF is the best site for finding love cos ive heard about other good one's like tinder and wejustfit.com but for me its good I like it a lot I like the way it works and have had sum gd chats wi girls that id like to have a date with I hope I find sum1.

jonc83
3/22/17

Should be called Plenty of Attitude or Plenty of Drama
They say they want a genuine guy but they don't say unless you're smoking hot you won't get a reply. Lots of them call themselves Princess which is a laugh. Post photos in bikinis and then complain about the messages they get. Most can't be bothered to even fill the profile in just telling you to ask. Think most on here to find the impossible dream
Rest just want drama and attention. The attitude they have would be enough to scare any half decent guy away . Why would i want to message someine who sounds so unpleasant and demanding? I guess some must. Obv way too many men on here . Needs to level out men V women then see how far the rude attitude drama queen routine would get them

cindya40
3/16/17

This weirdo is a narcissist sociopath! He lies about everything from owning a home, having a job, to not a drug user when in reality hes a meth addict who has nothing! A convicted felon! Which involes the death of another human by the way! He is a stalker, a woman beater, ect. Yall need to check on people like this one! He stole from everyone I know to buy drugs. He is dangerous!!!

chrisj111
3/14/17

First off never seen more overweight women in my life on a dating site. Then let's not even talk about their attitudes. OMG I honestly think a lot are just men haters. I guess some of these women never heard the expression of catch more flies with honey than vinegar? The site isn't worth FREE let alone a paid membership. I would never renew for anything.

marks463
3/9/17

I took my mates advice and signed up to a few extra sites as used to only have a WeJustFit membership. I was getting quite a lot of interest and a few dates with that site but now ive added Tinder and POF and TBF I dont see a big difference yet. It's a B- from me ATM as I do like some things but hopefully the dates will come soon as ill be much busier on weekends! Finding someone nice to settle down with doesnt happen over night thats for sure lol

pricea6
3/7/17

I have interacted online with several members on POF. And, I have only met once in person someone we started chatting a month prior. So far, if compared with OkCupid, or Tinder. POF is a little bit better as well since you can actually type a message and submit it to the recipient

carment5
3/6/17

I've tried many of them eharmony, match, and POF with varying degrees of success. Thankfully there weren't any safety issues but some of the dates just didn't work out. That's just the way it goes. With POF, I actually met someone who I married almost 2 years ago. Again my expectation was quite low, but for being a free site I figured I had nothing to lose and also knowing how to be safe when meeting someone for the first time was something I was well versed in. Thankfully the guy I met who is my husband turned out to be an amazing person who I eventually fell in love with although it wasn't until a few dates in that I let him know my actual address. Its a mixed bag with dating sites but my best advice is to follow your gut, if its giving you concern then walk away.

dereke9
3/5/17

Been on and off of pof for a few yrs now. Had a couple of relationships, one night stands, and fwb situations. Bottom line, 90% of the women either have next to impossible standards or are very emotionally damaged. I'd say the 10% that are looking for something real won't respond to your message unless you fit a certain profile (money, model looks, fake bad boy image). If you use this app dont expect to find "the one"on there.

samc119
3/3/17

A bunch of fake profiles with girls that work for pof or generated by pof to lure you to their site. Only girls that respond are the desperate ones that dont look good plus they block you for reaching out to too many girls, so i guess im supposed to just look at them and hope for a message first. Dobt sign, waste of time!!!

thomasc159
2/28/17

I've messaged over 250+ girls and I've received 0 responses, also I'm an upgraded member you'd think that'd help right? Nope. POF is a scam for your money because they know it doesn't work. I would give it 0 stars but I can't, they've lost my business.

samuelc50
2/28/17

I had a few creeps on POF but you can also meet nice peopl. IMO one of the best dating sites and sure worth trying. The app needs improvement and can't compete with Tinder though. Conlusion: Good! IMO POF is of the top three sites/apps to use (tinder and mingle2day are also worth trying)

carys24
2/27/17

Dear POF.
I had a great evening with a beautiful lady that I met on your site. She held my hand and walked me through the movie. Lots of fun. There was a wonderful kiss good night. I'm hoping we'll have a second date. Thank you for your site that brought us together for this date.
Cary

staneyr
2/27/17

At first thought great. Then dug below the surface after being ignored and quickly came to the conclusion that full of 30-40 year old women who either because they've let work rule their life or because they're useless in relationships find themselves on here. Not just looking for a date it has to be a date with Mr Perfect or Mr White Knight

They are ridiculously picky and ignore messages. They'll turn down someone really good because they're not amazing and perfect. Yet what have they got to offer? Most never been in longer relationship than a year what does that say about how great they are?? Is it really that hard to say thanks for contacting me but no thanks. Are women that ignorant nowadays? Seems it

Don't feed their ego's.

richardk112
2/25/17

Do not pay for love if you do your paying for a prostitute. But they say its not , just you pay $85 + year fee and get gothing but bots & people they hire to make you sign up.

rl74
2/24/17

Such a waste of time. I spent hours to answer questions and upload pictures and then in middle of talking to people. They just delete your account. They don't send email or anything. I didn't do anything wrong at all. No inappropriate picture or message. AVOID IT!

tulsam3
2/23/17

Well again nothing but lying men on here looking for sex and then just never speaking to you again,online meat market and online brothel for sex users,predators,no hopers,losers,rapists,assaulters far ou, I'd rather date an ant lol.FULL OF JUNKIES AND METH hEADS..discusting..makes me want to spew lol.oh and not to mention deleting your profile, because someone gets a little butthurt by the truth man seriously deal with it ninepluslot.and I'm pretty sure that person by the username of nineplusalot got me deleted or banned off of pof that's pathetic yet you were the one who hurt me and abused me treating me like dirt.its really got me $#*!ed as why I'm the one deleted but yet you can leave abusers assaulter hen on here there allowed to have a profile and possibly do that same $#*! to other girls and who's knows else.beware of nineplusalot drug user,Sex user,and just plain user and nasty there are a few other usernames but unfortunatley I cannot remember there names.pof is $#*!ing $#*!, $#*! men,$#*!ty white trash old men good for nothing but waste your time and energy.ladies do not waste your tim on barrel Bottom slut men on here and that do not use protection that's gross,beware they don't care about you they only care about what's in it for them go out have respect for yourself and make sure you only take the top, take no less than $#*! that.full of $#*! talkers,liars,crack heads,sleeper rounders probably spreading there filthy diseases to the world.this site is by far the worst place I've ever met men,$#*! me a one night stand out on the ton treats ya better than the low life mentality of men in here it's now just common knowledge and next to nothing hehe.please keep your disease to yourselves as I don't want these thank you.also pof sucks jeeps deleting your profile without telling you without messaging you. $#*!ing wake up and the accounts gone.

mattm132
2/22/17

Realy bady they suck worst site ever you get block for saying hi very rude women there lots of scammers the whole site is a joke get rid of this site who,s with me

Tip for consumers: Don,t go there

simonh83
2/21/17

I totally agree with many of the comments on here about POF. I had a profile on there a couple of years ago, and pride myself on being polite and friendly to all. Then one day my profile had just disappeared for no reason !! About a week or so before that, some girl had accused me of not being single (just because I wasn't on there 24/7) and I politely told her that I WAS single. The only thing that I can think of is that she reported me for "not being single" and my profile was deleted !! Several e-mails to the Fuhrer (sorry, Frind) and the "customer service" e-mail address went unanswered, so I moved on. I have recently had another profile, but I see that men are NOT allowed to post shirtless pics anymore, whilst women can post pictures of themselves in their underwear or bikini. I had a message from Hitler (sorry, Frind) stating that my main picture MUST show my face, and they had "kindly" swapped my main pic for one of the others. I was also told that this would be my "only" warning. However, my original main pic DID show my face, so I decided to try an experiment, and clicked "Report user if main pic does not show their face" on a woman's profile which regularly appeared. This just showed her legs and her high heels. The profile stayed the same, so I reported it again, but STILL it was there !! The only thing that I can think of is that some bimbos that I hadn't replied to (as I wasn't interested in their arrogant, narcissistic profiles) had clicked on the "Report user if main pic does not show their face" link. Being a man, I had then received the "warning" (oooh, I'm trembling, Mr Nazi Frind) even though - as I mentioned earler - my main pic DID show my face. Anyway, as of today my profile has been deleted (again for no reason). It is probably another case of "disturbed" female users reporting me for pathetic, untrue reasons (due to my ignoring their messages) and POF being the man-hating, feminist-friendly, anti-male crap that it is did not even bother to check, but just deleted my profile !! OK, Herr Frind....stick your rubbish site where the Sun doesn't shine, because I won't be back !! Whilst I have chatted with some nice women on there, most are either full of themselves, mirror posers, psychos and absolute nutters. Heinrich Frind has also stopped men from contacting women with more than a fourteen year age gap. How typically arrogant of "The Creator" to dictate to male users who they can contact, let alone what they can say. Yes, there are lots of perverts out there (some of them are male) but why should ALL men have to pay the price for these? And why should women be elevated to the status of goddesses, so that they can simply report someone that they either don't like (or who has dared NOT to reply to their messages) and get that person's profile deleted? There is a link asking users what they think POF should do with the profile of the person that they are reporting, and part of this is to delete the profile (and I can guarantee that a male reporting a female will NEVER be listened to). It seems that Frind and his staff HATE men, and consider them all to be perverts/liars/rapists. With this in mind, men.....do you really want to give your time and/or money to a site that thinks that of you? Many (once standard) features on the site now are paid-for features (such as hiding your profile, etc). My question is this:- why would you give your money to these anti-male, Nazi thought-police? After all, they could just delete your profile when some sad pathetic loser decides to report you for nothing at all apart from not replying to her....and would you get a refund? I'm not sure on that one, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is a resounding "no". **AVOID THIS SITE LIKE THE PLAGUE**

(Finally....personally, I wouldn't even give POF one star, but there doesn't seem to be an option on here to give none).

frankt61
2/20/17

POF get three stars (or hearts lol) from me. Not good enough for me to give up my WeJustFit.com subscription but still worth checking out if you havent yet.

samb184
2/14/17

First off I am married. I honestly put my age, weight, marital status, physical stature on the web site. Over the past 10 years I have meet 4 women on POF and had wonderful sex with them. My first encounter has lasted 10 years and I will be seeing her again in a few weeks. All 4 of my encounters have been more than 1 night stands. I have meet each on e of them on several occasions. It is only the one that has lasted 10 years because she lives in the same city. The others live elsewhere, but that didn't stop us meeting on multiple occasions over several years. In all I would guess I have asked about 50 women out, 4 have responded. Not bad considering I think of myself as an average person in looks but well above average in physical activity.

cocos9
2/13/17

POF is a horrible place to find what you are looking for: they keep you in the dark, remove your profile for some reason, do not send the letters you write, and then they ask you for more money ...this guy Markus has been a scammer (the owner) for many years. Stay away as you will waste your time and energies...not a worthwhile site. I have switched to OKCUPID and have enjoyed the experience much more than the loser site POF. (Does it sound like I hate the place)?

samk103
2/12/17

I knew what was going on immediately, I was being cat fished by computer avatars , users that haven't been online for 2 years , at least they responded to my complaint and refunded the money , stay on match.com , it is what it is but its real .

pofv
2/12/17

They have seemingly clear terms of service as to what is prohibited, such as posting of nudity. I did not violate any of the terms of service set forth by them but apparently I violated some undocumented parameter - they simply deleted my account without warning or explanation and were not responsive to inquiries. As a result some hours spent there reviewing profiles and sending out messages was completely wasted. Don't waste your time.

jont55
2/9/17

Tried to make an account several times just to be locked out after an hour or two. They don't give any reason or warning as to why they lock your account and their technical support is pretty much non existent

567 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

100 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the POF staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question