Review of MyCokeRewards

williams589
6/22/17

Coke went from providing hundreds of products for points to a Las Vegas Gamble on which you can't even play the game you want. Just like all those who wrote reviews before me, totally agree what a joke. You turn in points for the chance of wining something versus turning in points and actually getting something (at a healthy exchange in their favor). Very disappointed having been using a rewards member since 2006. But I am done. Hope the money they think they will save costs them dearly.....

Tip for consumers: Drink something else

jamesm665
6/17/17

Coke points not worth saving. All they have now is "sweepstakes" which just gambles away your points. Bring back the purchase with points program or get rid of the points all together.

bryanm96
6/13/17

I agree with complaints seen on new Coke Rewards. It seems like Coke screwed up and would be better off admitting they didn't fund rewards program and needs to re-evaluate. Hard to see them poor endless funds into advertising and they treat captive customers like fools with the "better rewards program". I couldn't even get into old site in April-May-June before end of promotion on Safari or Internet Explorer and called into support line and guy who answered agreed but couldn't help me. Someone at Coke needs to survey the most active old program users and get their feedback (I would expect it would be overwhelming negative).

taneekaw
6/13/17

The old Coke Rewards program was so much better as you actually were able to use the points for rewards. Now, you can still enter points, but it's for sweepstakes entries and things like that. I and my family and friends have bought so many coke products because of the incentive of the program, but now the new program has killed that. Bring the old program back...please!!

jessyt7
6/11/17

It's better because I'm no longer a slave to their products. I don't have to wait for sales on their products so I get my codes at a decent price. I don't have to forgo buying other items I need because I needed to stock up on the week their items are on sale. My budget is easier to manage because I buy what I want when I want. Recycling is so much easier because I don't have to rinse out all those bottles, I just leave the cap on! That saves me time and money on water too. I also save A LOT of time not saving & sorting caps, cutting boxes & plastic and the tedious job of trying to read and enter all those damn codes. I save even more money not having to print out gift certificates. It's also nice that I don't feel compelled to rummage through recycling bins or pick bottles up off the ground anymore LOL! When I look at all the savings in time and money I feel it more than makes up for the gift 'cards' I earned. I've also found it easier and more rewarding to get rewards from Walmart, Target and my local grocer (Publix). While I still enjoy the occasional cola, I'm glad I only drink a fraction of what I used to and that I'm not supporting a company that blatantly lies to it's loyal customers and clearly demonstrates it has ZERO regard for that loyalty. When I consider all the benefits of not having to participate in the new program there'e only one conclusion I reach, for me it is indeed better!

angiey5
6/9/17

It used to be so fun to rack up some points with all the Coke's I have purchased which was a lot. The excitement of entering codes is over. I'm no longer buying as much Coke either. Why bother. You don't get any rewards. Very disappointed in the change.

michaelf221
6/8/17

Still have a bunch of coke reward codes? Yep, they are not completely worthless. Coke has made them obsolete.

debbiej5
6/5/17

Has the new rewards program actually started yet? I see lots of videos and a few lame instant wins, but other than that, I don't actually see a new program at all. I do see an advantage to being able to mobile scan codes, but what is the goal here? Bring back the old MCR. I was able to manage just fine with a strong light and magnifying glass.

kenb120
6/3/17

I am a former mycokerewards member and the former site at least allowed you the ability to save points for a free 12 pack. This new coke.com rewards site is worthless. There is absolutely no reason for you to save and enter points as there is no rewards. There is only the teaser of winning a sweepstakes which we ALL know that no one wins. It is easy to manipulate by the site sponsors or maybe one in a million wins a free vend of soda. That must really hurt corporate profits as they are now so tight that they don't even sqeak! It is plain to everyone that coke does not want to give away ANYTHING!. What is the point of a rewards program where there is no reward catalog with clear point values to aim for. The new rewards program did accomplish one thing though, I started to purchase Pepsi and store brand cola products which save me more than cokes reward program. Looks like coka cola stock will be going down again!

ryanr95
6/2/17

New Code Reward program is complete garbage. I have been a very long time Code product consumer but after this change I am seriously thinking about switching to Pepsi products. Bring back the old program. This new program stinks. There is absolutely NO value there

hhhhh
6/1/17

The new Coke rewards program IS GARBAGE!!

The only DECENT reward was $5 Walmart gift card but even then, it take TWO codes(which is dumb) and either you win or lose in the spot, I entered tons and tons of caps all night and got nothing.

All the rewards are instant win garbage and take two codes.

The old program was great, I had NO IDEA it was ending until today June 1st 2017 because I went to enter codes and couldn't, they could've put it on the damn packages and bottles that the program was ending, I cashed out my old credits for $20 in Walmart gift cards from the old program because if I didn't spend my points, they were going to go to charity? How the hell do you donate points to a charity? They are digital points! Anyway then I jumped on this new crappy program and wasted all my remaining codes.

Get bent to the person at Coca-Cola that screwed this up.

I'm done.

harlanf6
5/29/17

The new program is supposed to be "easier, more fun, and more convenient". What?
The new program has nothing to offer. Just discontinue the program as it's not worth the time to enter codes. The old program was very good while the new program is a joke.

kh920
5/25/17

Dasani water is bottled by the Coca Cola Company.
Besides, water is better for us to drink. Coke Rewards has turned into a pathetic program.

andrea1855
5/24/17

this new program sucks
I tried to win the $5 walmart gift card
but I bet it never pays out
I want coke to bring back the old program

tonyp90
5/15/17

The new rewards program is just garbage. I used to just always buy coke no matter what. Now I only buy it if it is a good bit cheaper than pepsi. So they save a little money on a very good rewards program and then have to cut their prices to keep market share. Awful idea!

michellew185
5/12/17

I was enjoying the old rewards program. Other being scammed for a $50 hotel voucher I never received. I was able to receive nice Christmas cards from Shutterfly. THIS PROGRAM SUCKS. Only thing I was able to enter my codes that was of any interest was the $5.00 Walmart Card. NEVER WIN!

jackyz1
5/12/17

5 or 6 choices for nonsense rewards?! Sweepstakes for $5 walmart gift card and you never win?! So this new program treat all coca cola customers like dummies

lesliet46
5/11/17

This is the worst reward program out there. Hard enough to enter the difficult to read codes...why would I bother now?? Keep your so called rewards!

sevgeid
5/9/17

I have 6 large garage bags of un used bottle tops and nothing to use them on .
This is the worse new mycoke reward I've ever seen , there's nothing of interest .
I think this is going to benefit mycoke reward the COKE Company ,then its Loyal customer, that put bottle tops in for prizes on the old mycoke program .
I'm super and very disappointed . Finally!!!!! I'll throw all the tops in the garage, before I get use by this Company ...........

donnah136
5/5/17

Not much to choose for rewards! Some of the ones they do have available are of no interest to me ~ Speed Way, Shutterfly (you end up spending too much for shipping), and AMC (not available in my area). I liked the old program better, much more to use your rewards on!

michaelg322
5/2/17

Obviously the new system sucks. I can't even donate a thousand caps to charity for more than 50 bucks. They don't need your business. Who is really going to drink Pepsi? They get it, so why even have a reward program. At least, that is how Coke sees it. They are just a soulless corporation, not a family-friendly pillar of your community.

Tip for consumers: Don't! they aren't listening...

maureenm52
4/30/17

The new rewards is a scam. If I could give zero stars I would. I am left with a bag full of useless codes. Whoever thought of this reward switch is losing Coke business. Have been drinking Coke all my life but am switching to Pepsi

siegk
4/26/17

It is awful. Wish they would of kept it the way it was............................................................

sandyd53
4/11/17

Worst reward program. I used my remaining points from the old program to use them up on the few remaining rewards they had left. One was for a Shutterfly 8x10 notebook. Come to find out that I can't claim it unless I purchase something! Total rip-off! Whoever thought this new program up is a real idiot!

bibb3
4/10/17

Had 7K
points and they voided them as there will soon be a new rewards thing. Thanks for having me enter all those codes for nothing scammers

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MyCokeRewards staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Facebook? Twitter? No thank you. How about 276 shares of KO??? How about a decades-long consumer who purchases overpriced 12-packs when they're not on sale? One who used to be called a loyal consumer with over 4000 points can now only redeem at "bronze" level, excuse me, bronze "status" because I don't live on social media? That's insulting and a shame. My status as a customer is determined if I tweet??? How stupid! Do I buy more Coke or Cheerwine? Or RC Cola? THAT decision, of putting a carton of Cokes or someone else's drink into my grocery cart is what SHOULD drive a consumer loyalty program. MCR is supposed to be, or started as, a loyalty program. Coca-Cola, you've ventured too far off the path and have lost your orientation.
I won't be voting as the board recommends next time - an upper management that tolerates (maybe even encourages?) the alienation of loyal consumers is not worthy of my support. Don't care for Pepsi but I own PEP too. Their shares over last 5 years have trounced KO. Maybe they treat their consumers better? Maybe I should find out...
on 7/18/15
on 4/25/16
on 4/19/16
on 1/22/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the MyCokeRewards staff and other customers.

MyCokeRewards?