Review of LinkedIn

hostmaster@linkedin.com
2017 Customer choice award

vuc5
10/14/17

Instead of updating my resume and sending it, now I use it to email resumes to companies.
Saving a lot of time.

spencers15
10/3/17

LinkedIn might have a lot of similarities to Facebook when it comes to the search engine, messaging, even the timeline, but if you're trying to get yourself out there - LinkedIn is a good place for it. You're likely going to find groups that cater to your specific area, people who have the same job as you that you can connect with, and so much more.

I've connected with many people on LinkedIn as I'm an Open Networker and have found it to be quite enjoyable. I've posted in groups, shared links, told people about myself and heard some stories of how other people operate, and more. I've even made a few friends on there.

Now with that said be careful of who you talk too. Lots of people I've noticed will send you a sales pitch, and will be focused on trying to make a commission off of you instead of getting to know more about you. Some people will even try to scam you with fake job ads - promising you lucrative salaries, all expenses paid for, but sadly those aren't going to happen. Not unless you got an official message from a reputable company saying that. Does the term "419 scammer" ring a bell? They're scattered throughout LinkedIn. Luckily people can detect them more and more, but they can still slip through the cracks.

Overall this gets 4/5. A good place to showcase your skills, talking a bit about yourself, and opens you up to a plethora of opportunities. Even the simplest of things like networking can be great since you're opening yourself up to new people and new ideas. The new layout of the site stunk quite a lot though, but most people seem to have adjusted to that.

luisa167
9/4/17

I love so much their website ! Amazing ! I would like to use their Advertising service. Thank you very much.

faraza1
9/2/17

hi friends my lots of love with grandbux.my payments my success and much more just join and earn real money.
my all proofs :)

Tip for consumers: just join really then earn real money

saram169
9/1/17

I recently got a charge on my cc by Linkedin for a job posting that I had removed. There is no way after searching that I can contact customer service and resolve this. I feel that my only recourse is to submit a negative review! Frustrating!

cservicec
8/31/17

In this modern era, Dell is the best company which, Produce Laptops with different and best features. People get very excited to buy Dell laptop to know about the new feature that will Dell add in their new product. After few days people are facing many problems with their Dell Laptop. In that situation,We have the finest Dell Tech Support to assist you professionally. Sometimes Users faces few issues while working on it, for that situation we provide the best solution for Dell. You can contact to our Dell Customer Service Number at anytime. We are happy to help you!!! No matter how big your issue is, or what kind of issue you're facing with your laptop.

susans331
8/21/17

I see this and use the site as a business platform, to both promote and find other professional services. I probably do not use the site well, and because I am so busy and receive a lot of word of mouth referrals I don't use Linked in to it's full potential. I could do with learning how to use it more effectively. But I like the way it links to so many professional companies and people.

ronaldl44
8/9/17

A company that understands the power of a network and organization from the software code to the site hierarchy and applications for companies of all sizes.

We use them: https://www.linkedin.com/in/solveforce

lesleem
8/1/17

Not so good as could be. Almost every single platform allows me to see what is going on there, except LinkedIn. Signing in is obligatory and that irritates me.

mored1
8/1/17

At first glance this platform is good for connection with other, preferrably those people who work in different spheres and it it helps find them.
From the other point of view, it's a little bit useless website.

alb1933
7/14/17

Since they updated with new look website my connections are now a fraction. New look is not appealing at all. lots of bugs

davisj8
7/13/17

Watch out for this guy. He likes to use Craigslist to spam listings. Beware of this guy. Nothing but a spammer.

alland27
7/10/17

Nice place to maintain and get work.I am glad that I made an account with LinkedIn. Employers can easily look in my profile which is important nowadays. No more need to submit CV and other data about me.

sreer6
6/29/17

Hello all, my name is Ramanath, i have joined Linkedin since 6 years and i love this. 1st website that professional where you can got jobs and got projects.

henryh84
6/23/17

I'm in love with this website! I found a really well-paid job with its help. Besides, I found many good people who become best friends after a while ;)

mosed10
6/13/17

Too many messages form users I never heard about. Must do something about their spam problem!! I will never pay this way!

miked254
6/13/17

There is no more correct answer on "Where can I find job?" than "On LinkedIn". My first job was found where, as much as the last one and I'm sure that I can find next at the same place.

lexib8
6/3/17

I definitely recommend using it even if you`re almost out of experience at the moment. The network really helps to get in touch with some people that can boost your knowledges drastically.

crystalb76
5/31/17

Best site For business owners, I am really happy to write about this website. It increases my business ROI with having so much connection of my client i found from this web site only.

melodyt8
5/24/17

I am not a frequent LinkedIn user and today I have discovered a new LinkedIn feature that further deters me away from this site. Perhaps I should say lack of a feature commonly known as customer service. There has been a critical security problem with my company page. I have waited about a day for a response from the available methods of contacting LinkedIn. The incident is extremely concerning but I do find comfort that LinkedIn is generally quite useless with limited traffic.

sdghinnvj
5/23/17

Very nice site, just found some new friends on my area and received several job offers.
Love it's App and it's quite easy to use.

nom83
5/23/17

LinkedIn falls in the same category as those small cutthroat "businesses" that offer a premium subscription to their product only to find out they hit you with a one time or recurring automatic billing that blindsides you. Only LinkedIn goes bigger than those smaller outfits to the tune of more than $500.00. $575.88 to be exact. If you do read the small print you may be able to catch the scam but that's my point, beware, watch out for what LinkedIn is capable of.

steveh220
5/17/17

I recently posted a job on Linkedin. It cost my small business $150 and only received 2 unqualified applicants. Frankly, Ive gotten better results on Craigslist for a fraction of the price. But, that's not really the issue. I stopped the Linkedin add after 3 weeks and then tried to delete my credit card account. The delete' link is extremely hard to find, and after I finally found it, it wouldnt let me delete my credit card info even after the job post was closed and completely paid. There is no support number to call, only an email support link. Their stupid site keeps giving me inaccurate help information to resolve the issue. It feels like Linkedin is holding my credit card information hostage!

After multiple emails to their LinkedIn Customer Support, the last message I received was, " I wish I had an immediate resolution for you. This particular issue will need to be escalated to our internal research team. I understand this may be frustrating but as soon as I get an update, I'll let you know. Seriously? Im sure this could have been taken care of a week ago with one phone call.

LinkedIn is owned by Microsoft. You may have heard, they make a lot of money. Too bad they cant afford a Linkedin customer service represtitive you can reach by phone! Oh, but they do have sales reps you can talk too immediately. UNACCEPTABLE! After I delete my credit card, I will delete my Linkedin account! Theyve waisted too much of my time on their incompetent website!

powersellersc
5/13/17

Steven Glaze Kansas City established construction manager and home improvement specialist. He started in the industry at an early age working for his fathers roofing company as an estimator right out of high school and through college.

steveng105
5/13/17

Steven Glaze Kansas city is prepared, detail-orientated, diligent and extremely responsive as a popular contractor and outdoors expert. His hallmark is services oriented sports, exquisite first-rate of production, an obvious shopping for experience, rapid of completion and shipping at low charges.

122 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

The recommender should be direct, comment on project you have worked on, and a brief summary of your work style

By Ron M. on 11/25/15
Helpful answer

LinkedIn sends moles to invade your computer and they avoid admitting that they disrespect users.

By Echosyn E. on 4/17/15
Helpful answer
All it can do at best, is eliminate the longest and most complex phase of recruiting, which is dealing with all the resumes that aren't going to make it. Recruiters and their machines will no longer have to chuck out resumes based on the qualities of the physical documents themselves, and from what I've heard, most resumes are dumped at this stage. They won't have to check for appropriate content at such length either, because they'll be dealing with data that's already in electronic format and which can be scanned electronically. It won't deal with bad job descriptions, or bad interviewers or bad interviewees, or candidates who aren't being honest, or are chasing jobs they aren't really suited for. As for having useful skills, the market seems to be awash with people who have useful skills; if there's only one job and a thousand people who are skilled enough to do it, 999 of them are going to be out of work regardless of how skilled they are. Interestingly, I recently attended a class about jobseeking in which every single example given related to finding IT work, especially IT management positions. Yet there are hardly any IT positions out there, and the class included one professional IT manager who was trying desperately to get out of the field for exactly that reason. Despite him saying openly that there was no work in this field, and despite others in the class showing no interest in the IT field anyway, the class continued to be shown how to apply for IT management jobs. As long as potential candidates aren't given good information and helped to find and use the best and most appropriate resources, the quality of the job market isn't going to improve. So it seems to me to be just a money-saving idea, I can't see how it will make a difference to anything other than the employers' pocketbooks. What do you think?

The word on the grapevine here is that not only are hiring officers increasingly using Linked In to check out prospective staff, but that in a couple or three years, they'll move entirely to using Linked In instead of accepting paper resumes. Presumably candidates will be asked to submit their Linked In profile URLs, no other options. It makes a lot of sense from an employer's point of view; I didn't know this before but have been told that many of them already use automatic scanning software to relieve them of the time-wasting job of reading resumes at all. The software scans for the current relevant buzz words, words taken from the job description, layout and fonts and text sizes and so on. Apparently the idea really caught on when the software proved able to catch people who were simply copying the job description in its entirety into their "skills and experience" sections. And it can identify stock phrases and rule them out, leaving only original content, if any. I understand that any excuse is already used to dismiss resumes - even a margin set to the incorrect width will earn that piece of paper a trip to the WPB. Doing this is still consuming resources, though, and it would be quicker to simply scan Linked In which is already in an electronic format. If it happens, or when, this is likely to be a huge coup for Linked In. Maybe it's time to start saving up for the IPO?

By Chris O. on 3/8/11
Helpful answer

Don't put any personal information up. There's no guarantee companies will reply to you.

By Jennifer P. on 12/2/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the LinkedIn staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LinkedIn