US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

justint42

For some people that I know, I know for sure that it isn't. (in 42 reviews)

richarde23

for business contacts and articles in your field... (in 3 reviews)

katief9

This website is really a great tool for every business especially for those job seekers. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

koryr1
7/16/16

Linkedin is the Perfect Place to disclose your expertise, your achievements.
Though there are many other sites in line but Linkedin is different...

davidd242
7/14/16

Yep, you heard it. I use LinkedIn for my lead generation process and it works fine, but daaaamn their plans are super expensive!!

hollys59
7/7/16

After moving a few times, it was great to connect with old coworkers and create some new connections. Always good to network, even virtually.

cormacm7
6/21/16

Hang on that,you can hunt the good jobs and meet the interesting guys.

callenl2
6/3/16

LinkedIn very good place form for professional business.

iliyay
6/3/16

The best one and very comfortable

elizabethw75
6/2/16

LinkedIn has connected me to old friends and let me network

dawns47
6/1/16

Great service provider, just LOVE IT Highly Recommended

dj-femmiej
5/31/16

Linkedin is a nice site for networking with other business professionals but when you need any kind of support the company is terrible they want people to buy their premium package but they offer no direct email or phone support you can't even chat with customer service online their help area is a mess your emails never get to the next level of support LINKEDIN has a nice platform overall but no customer support in 2016 is unheard of and they want $20 a month I would have given them a much better rating but the customer service there sucks.

charlesl81
5/30/16

I actually got my job through LinkedIn. Never knew it was something possible and I am afraid of internet scam

aliz36
5/24/16

its like part of social responsibility to have LinkedIn account...or maybe it was really focused on business networking with less force to move to over priced paid plan or job posts...and it become full of spam..its like (pay for premium account and you can make other users lives miserable though directly texting others viewing their info and much more....and whats annoying is how some people use it as Facebook wall posting anything and nothingness...i got LinkedIn cause need to have in business card...i dont open it much or even relay on it to look up for candidates or look for potential leads...i just accept add requests every once in a while

gingere2
5/1/16

On LinkedIn is a very great profile website to meet people in your field, build your profile resume, social networking, and other opportunities that you won't be disappointed.

catrionac1
4/29/16

I think this is the best business website in which you can easily meet professional peoples.-

vicentec5
4/26/16

una mica complicat, pràctic si, però complicat

dg59
4/18/16

Finally got tired of their messages and blocked them

jimk65
4/15/16

It's a funny site, geared towards the rich side

howellb18
4/1/16

He lets us integrate with the company and the world many companies have the same dream like-minded people in line! ! ! Thumbs up!

jackw93
3/28/16

I only give this two stars instead of one because it serves some people okay. This site is structured completely opposite to my needs and networking objectives. I dropped out of high school and self-started much of my work. I have a gradient between volunteer work and freelance nonprofit, specifically founding my own. I built a skill set in a holistic way, connecting with community and "the real world". This site does not serve innovators, self-starters or people who reject traditional systems.

It constantly spams me to "add my education", of which I specifically have none and on purpose.

The format is also tailored towards standard and almost stereotypical industry. It also blended together different jobs and activities I've done that don't connect with each other. This is the same problem I had with Facebook, it mixed all my friends up who ended up getting in arguments and being bitter once they realized how diverse my friends community is. The same goes for jobs. I'm NOT going to put some $#*! restaurant job next to the organization I founded and like hell I'm going to network with corporate people from that restaurant who actively made the workplace a living hell.

The site is set up against ethics in favor of a blind-eye networking approach. When I network, it's usually with people I actually care about and we have a sense of interconnected community, for a greater purpose. When people network on Linked In, it's to get to the next level of the suck-up game and climb over the people you're supposedly "colleagues" with to get to the top. I've had some great competition in my life, and LinkedIn brings out the most sickly worst competition. It really is a dog-eat-dog world there.

It's a corporate environment and misrepresents the little guy as if he's corporate. Many of the so-called charities that I would follow or connect with were organized antithetical to my beliefs and I would argue- against integrity. Corporatism is sickly and unhealthy, and when you get too deep into a system like that, you get influenced against seeing the company from a realistic viewpoint. This is why so many reasonable people end up excusing their company's sickly behavior in community.

This website also prevents you from reaching out to new people, therefore it would only reflect people I already knew and worked with- and I had much better connections with them in real life so this site was pointless.

Tip for consumers: This is only beneficial if you really work hard at being a leader of community-cultivation, i.e. connect with the best people and connect them to each other and work against the standard of the site. OR, if you like corporate environments and that's your thing, you might like it. And break the rule against connecting with new people! That's the most important part.

aliceb59
3/16/16

Ever since I got my job thankgs to it, just LOVE IT!

robertm313
3/13/16

linkedIn is the best social media I can have , the best way to look for jobs , connect to other professional my experience with it is been great . I love it shame they alow people to navigate anonymous, we should know who visit our profile !

danr66
3/5/16

#Epic global connections. Great job guys! #gaurdian88

marcyb4
2/29/16

This website has stolen money from a card account set up thru my tax accountant. They literally stole $1, 500.00 from my WWW.greendot.com account. What worse is that www.greendot.com is not doing anything to rectify the situation. I think they're in cahoots with each other to steal money form everyone that has money with this financial institution.

Senior Software Engineer

Ashish Kalve
Director Software Development at American Tower

jebb3
2/28/16

Lets face it, it is a dating site for professionals ))

jamesp207
2/22/16

Great Site

carolw70
2/22/16

I work in the medical field, and thanks to Allied Health Schools "SELLING THE DREAM", there's a high influx and over-saturation of x-ray techs, sonographers, Physical/Speech therapist Dental Assistants, phlebotomist, etc. in the field.

Because of this? there are parasites out there who are quitting their "sales" jobs, with no experience in the medical field or have no traveling experience - that have become recruiters.

They are weird. Some of them have heavy accents, or even worse, have never lived/vacationed anywhere other than their home town. These are the ones that don't have a clue about the real world in general. Let alone, the medical field.

Example: One guy called me last week who sounded like he had a salivary problem. I told i just came from a business vacation, and he asked, "Where did you go?" I said, New Jersey. He obviously hadn't been there and said: "Oh, yeah (slurp), uh, ummm.. okay, yeah, sounds like a nice place to relax. (slurp).. REALLY?

You don't go to New Jersey to RELAX... (ummm.. slurp)...

I checked out his profile? yep.. another L.A. Fitness reject - and he also looked drunk in his profile pic.

Then there have been quite a few, that truly don't read the whole resume, and hone in on the qualifications. I am traveling contractor, and live in the southern region of the state - but have been trained and worked in NYC. Thus, i receive calls from recruiters who don't read my permanent address on the resume, asking if they can call me.

Once they find out where i live? Many of them hang up. Or even worse, ask for my email address - which is on the resume - telling me they will send me the jobs they have posted, and I never hear from them again. No follow up, or anything.

I went on LInkedin and decided to peruse the names of these recruiters, and found out that many of them are rejects from D. Barton's Gym, Equinox, L.A. Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Bally's, Insurance companies, or fly-by-night "boiler room" stock market agencies.

What's even worse, i've had recruiters from HR depts. in Texas. A recruiter called from El Paso, TX. which is basically a big border town. The way she handled me as a potential candidate? Sad. The manager of the radiology department emailed asking if i was interested in their facility. I asked for more information, and if they were willing to pay relocation fee? He turned it over to his "H.R. Dept."

The H.R. "manager" called and left a message. Heavy accent, etc. She called again on a Saturday. I was on the treadmill at the time, and my boyfriend answers the phone. The H.R. "manager" told my boyfriend: "Tell her, if she's going to move here permanent - to call me, but if she wants a relocation bonus, don't bother to call me back" - and hung up.

I received an email from the radiology manager, asking if i had talked to H.R.? I told him that their people in that facility left a lot to be desired with their level of professionalism. And i wouldn't work there even if Jesus Christ was running the damn place.

5 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LinkedIn staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question