US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

colinm56
12/2/16

Service so far has been very good

charless156
11/30/16

Called them for what I thought was the Webroot support number. The "support tech" said he needed to sign on my computer, which Webroot always does. The difference being that Webroot has outstanding support and GuruAid couldn't write a dir command without a syntax error. He said he worked to Webroot, which was a lie. After screwing around on my computer for almost an hour it became obvious to me he had no idea how to restore Webroot on my new computer and, but for $80 he could a "technician" clean up all the errors on my 2 day old machine.
My guess is that if you think they did a good job you really didn't need them.

STAY AWAY! IT IS A SCAM!

thomasn43
11/25/16

Just got off the phone with an Email problem I refused to pay for repairs now I can not log in to my computer. My password has been changed and I have a system boot error .

leslieb86
11/24/16

very prompt in use

christineh82
11/20/16

I am very happy with your service

rebecal1
11/16/16

I consider the above named company to be an excellent assistance provider for help with my computer problems

robbinr5
10/16/16

I thought I was calling ESET. After letting them have remote access and paying $110, I am finding the next day that a lot of the clean up they said they had done, they did not. They were able to fix my problem with my security, however, I was told it would take 40 minutes and it took over 8 hrs. I actually had to call them back because the tech left me hanging on remote for a long time without doing anything. Once he started working on it again he was finished very quickly. Don't know if I got him in trouble and he skipped over things or what. I even missed a planned event with my Grandchildren because he had told me I needed to stay by the computer. Would not use them again. I could have done most of what he did.

alanw66
10/13/16

guruaid very happy with there service

dorist11
10/11/16

I have been very satisfied with Guru Aid, All personnel have always been very polite and helpful.

wilmetg
10/8/16

Thank you for all your help.

donnar48
10/7/16

I would give minus stars if I could.I thought I was contacting Dell support and this number popped up and they acted like Dell support when I explained my issue. computer.Before they could service my computer I needed to buy a service contract.I agreed to $179,00 for one year thinking this was Dell' Iwas billed $299.99. Bottom line they accessed my computer, removed Kaspersky and caused seriously infected my computer,. Requiring me to cancel my Discover card and Dell to take much time to remove all the spyware. A very upsetting situation. To say the least.

edwardv21
3/3/16

I spent $240 Australian dollars( $170US$) for a years subscription for Guru Aid technical support. My computer had a virus so I tried to contact them (Guru Aid) and they seem to have disappeared Guru Aids phone number 1800-156-016 keeps giving me the engaged signal. I am afraid to say that I have been scammed.big time ...Edward

carolinep14
2/22/16

Spent half an hour with one of their 'techs'..Stupid me gave him access to remotely solve problem with my AVG ZEN (which was a problem in and of itself. Don't know what this tech did but my desktop became unstable and virus ridden!..he said he'd sort it out if I paid £80 or if I couldn't afford that what could I afford?..I put the phone down. What confuses me is why AVG allow themselves to be associated with Malware snipers!..One can only wonder.

judyj16
2/18/16

bought a new computer and McAfee would not load rang guru aid thinking it was connected to McAfee -they said problem would not be fixed under computer warranty but they would fix it for a price.
They did fix it but I declined the further annual fee
3 week later my computer is unusable - files have been encrypted with virus which can only be removed if money is paid
Coincidence - I think not
BE WARE

davidw315
2/16/16

I have been a user of the Guruaid service for the past 2 years.They are a fantastic service that gives professional service to resolve all issues with my pc.I would recommend them to anyone as they give excellent value for money and peace of mind when issues arise.They carry out corrective action to resolution with full satisfaction of the client.

masona8
2/1/16

THEY TOOK FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

charlesd83
1/29/16

I can't praise GuRu Aid enough. I have never been less than pleased with the service, and the agents are so understanding of my lack of knowledge of the computer. Always thorough & don't leave 'til I'm satisfied. I give them 5 stars.

barbaral57
1/27/16

They restored the missing icons and cleaned the computer

johnm663
1/26/16

The folks I communicated with were direct and very helpful. While I hope I don't need their services again, I know that, if I do, my problems will be addressed and solved

josephw50
1/22/16

Quick, and accurate

dennisb87
1/22/16

I joined GURUAID 9 days ago and initially I was impressed and the problem I had at the time got resolved in reasonable time, unfortunately today after a second problem occurred I spent almost 7 and half hours in front of my screen. I cannot explain why but one of the service centre individuals made an incorrect acusation which totally made me very angry partivularly as I had been very patient all along. I have paid for a year contract which I certainly will use should the situation arise BUT as things are right now I will be reluctant to continue or even recommend if the gentleman or any colleague responds to me in the way he did today. The actual individual who was trying to sort my problem was most polite.

blakef7
1/19/16

Rude phishing scammers. I was looking to speed my computer up but that was not the case. The first person who I spoke to did not even seem to care and told me to stop "prank calling" and hung up. I called back and was repeatedly was put on hold for 20 minutes while he 'spoke' to his technician. The phone eventually got disconnected. I finally, got to talk to someone who I explained my situation to told me that it was no problem to fix. When I gave him my name he ended up going through his computer and told me files no files matched my name and repeatedly told me I would to repay the $200 plus bucks. I told him that I was not going to repay for some of fix I could eventually do myself ,he eventually said he would diagnose my computer and help me find my receipt on my email. He got remote access control, but I just logged off my computer as I could not be bothered with him contradicting and yelling at me all the time. Eventually, I had a local technician look at my computer and it turned out that he found corrupt files placed in my computer from the day GuruAid looked at it from somewhere overseas in India. Never use these rude, phishing, con artists.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT USE

carll32
1/18/16

I received outstanding support from GURUAID every time I have utilized their service. I would gladly recommend them to anyone.

peterw73
1/18/16

The service was thorough and very helpful.

sandraj32
1/17/16

very good service, the tech was able to fix my problem in a short time! he was excellent!!! However I did have to wait over four hours to receive service, the I got disconnected twice! this does not reflect at any way with tech! he did very well

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GuruAid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question