Review of GuruAid

customerservice@guruaid.com
2017 Customer choice award

marys86
8/11/18

I just renewed for 3 years for $399.99 and I am happy to do it. I can call these experts as much as I want ( they encourage me to call every 30 days) and they keep my computer in tip top shape. Their services are comprehensive and include my printer and scanner. I have subscribed to them for 7 years. Worth every penny. I even have Costco concierge service on my newest computer but I purchased Guru Aid anyway because their service is better and on point. I have read negative reviews about GuruAid but that has not been my experience with them at all.

mbm6
6/4/18

I tried to cancel my auto-renew contract with AVG and somehow got sent to this place.

I'm an affable and patient sort. Convo:

I'd like to cancel my service, please - [in a belligerent tone of voice] "Why are you quitting"? - [stunned] I don't want it any more - "Why not?" - I have new software and don't need a separate firewall. - "When did you start?" - I don't remember; many years ago - "What is the date?" - I don't remember - "Why don't you know the date?" - [ok; enough is enough; repeating an answer is the easiest way to stop questions that need no answers, so I switched to this technique and didn't say 'please', anymore] I want to cancel my service - "Why do you want to quit?" - I want to cancel my service - "Don't be rude or I won't help you" - [!!!!! REALLY?] I want to cancel my service.

And so it went. I finally did get my service cancelled and was furious at AVG's customer service and couldn't imagine why their customer service was so horrible - - until I found out the *sshole on the other end of my line was at a different outfit. AVG is stupid for engaging them. It's not doing their brand any good, at all.

Please note the numerous positive reviews below mine are obvious plants; and in broken English, to boot! There's not even enough creativity to vary them to make them believable. And the dates a month apart? They need to hire a service that writes real-sounding reviews! Or ask family members or people off the street to write reviews without having seen what's already posted. And then post them in a believable sequence. Need I say more?

I didn't trust for a minute that my service had been cancelled, so I hunted around and found the real AVG. Guess what? Had my service been cancelled? Had they even been contacted by guru? No; and of course not.

Do not do business with this outfit. Based on the "training" this jerk received, it is impossible, IMO, to get honest and competent information or help out of these people. And for petessake, don't give them money or your password or your precious time!!

[sign of the skull] [sign of the skull] [sign of the skull]
mb

donj74
4/3/18

They pretended to be Norton, and after $120 dollars I found differently. I believe these Indians are the biggest generators of hacks in the world. I think our government needs to concentrate on the Indians for hacking American computers, whether it is my pc, or some banks, or elections. Not all the credits for hackings should be given to the poor Russians.

terrym153
2/21/18

Pretend to be Mcafee support. Requested my mcafee account password so they could look up my account. The real mcafee people wouldn't do that. They asked me my name then verified my address, etc. and told me the information about my accounts.

thomast109
12/12/17

Amazing Customer service, friendly, helpful and informative! The rep was very nice and helpful! No complaints!

elsieh23
11/8/17

ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL. ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL.ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL.ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL.ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL.ANUJ IS VERY HELPFUL.

davidc538
6/5/17

I contacted a company found online and for £39.95 they totally screwed my computer, can't remember the name of the company, Guruaid in about 45 mins sorted out the mess and got me back up and running, only thing they did not restore my windows programmes which were deleted by the first company. I contacted windows direct and they re=installed all my programmes, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I TRUST THEM.

jamesh415
3/27/17

I think guruaid is very helpful and patient & I am very happy with the service of guruaid technical support. I couldn't do your job but thank you for your help

robertw323
3/5/17

I am really happy with the service of guruaid as u people help me for my problems, the technicians were very helpful & polite & i was happy with them

robertd276
3/2/17

I am really happy with the service of guruaid,the technicians were good & i am satisfied with them. the advisors are good & polite whenever they talk with me

alberte14
2/27/17

I am happy with service of guruaid technical support,the technicians were good who worked on my computer so its good

edwinp28
2/23/17

think the service of guruaid is excellent & i do not have any other problems with guruaid,the technicians are good

charlesd113
2/22/17

I think the guruaid is very helpful & a courteous service, the technician who worked on my computer they resolved the issue

larryb137
2/16/17

I am happy with the service of guruaid technical support,the technicians were great & resolved my issue

keithl51
2/13/17

I find the service of guruaid & the service is very quick,the technician who worked on my computer were polite & resolved my issue

phillips47
2/9/17

I think the service is easy to use ,i am happy with the service, the technician was very helpful to resolve my issue

davidh463
2/7/17

Guru Aid told me that all of my listed issues would be resolved and "not to worry". This was, of course before I paid for the service. After of their doing whatever they were doing I still had the same issue with Microsoft. I asked for a refund and they kept putting me off, and saying they were further trying to resolve the issue. I even spoke to the supervisor and he gave me a run around. I finally hung up, called my credit card service and disputed the charges. I was fully refunded!

rickyh21
2/7/17

I found Guruaid very patiently helping with my problems and I recommend to my friends as well. Its a good technical support.

paulh256
2/6/17

I think the service is good & it is quick & efficient, the technician was good & resolved the issue quickly so i am happy with the service

justins119
2/1/17

There is a good place to visit with Guru Aid. They act very concerned with my computer. They also fix all my issues, and guarantee fine results.

patriciar135
1/31/17

I was completely satisfied with the service of guruaid technical support. And the technical support team was great & i am happy with the service

robertm445
1/19/17

very helpful staff always willing to help very friendly. very knowledgable.
techs have always been patient with me and explained everything clearly.
I have no complaints with how I have been treated.

trevorc35
1/16/17

all the guruaid people are very good & give nice service,the technician with whom i spoke was very polite & the issue was resolved on time,i may probably in future with guruaid when my plan will expire, i am happy with the services.thank you

janetd49
1/10/17

the service was very personable technicians. It was an excellent service. every technician was very patient.they helped me to resolve the issue quickly and my time was saved.it didnt took too long ,thank u guruaid for the service

connyb
1/4/17

GuruAid has been very helpful to me. Quick and courteous service. Spent a long time on the phone with people who knew their business. They can be trusted.
Conny Brandt, Australia

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I signed up with Guruaid today. I declined the 3 year and 2 year deal so they offered a 1 year deal at an acceptable cost. My laptop is new and I didn't know how to set it up in order to get the best out of it. They did a great job, cleaned up, tuned up, set up Windows Defender and saved me buying unnecessary protection from another provider. I was very impressed with the service and very disappointed to read that some consider them a scam. I hope this is not the case.

By Anne N.

I have guru aid am I covered for antivirus

By peter d.

Questions? Get answers from the GuruAid staff and other customers.

17 Photos for GuruAid