US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

davide156
1/19/17

was satisfied with freeshipping.com for a couple of years but as more free shipping was offered by online sites value of membership at freeshipping.com declined. limit of $10 per rebate request was also a reason to drop. most disappointing was seeing more rebate requests rejected inspite of providing same type of order confirmation documentation that previously had been accepted.

narayanar
1/18/17

Hi, I have been a customer of Freeshipping.com for last 3 months and I have got a huge cash back for the Holiday season purchases. This is a genuine company which has got some bad publicity, and I think thats mainly due to people who don't read the terms and conditions properly and regret/complain later on. If you follow the terms they have mentioned the send you the cheque as promised. So its about you on how you want to get some free bonus on your regular purchases. As a Business model this also helps the consumer to get their share of the Trade promotion money spent by the manufacturers. Highly recommended.

joanned47
1/6/17

Some how I have been paying 12.97 a month for seventeen months to a company called" Free Shipping", on an account I never signed up for. It appears it was attached in small print when I purchased something from Kohl's.The person I talked to was very reasonable but I was very angry. I was chastised for not reading the small print when I purchase something on line and not reviewing my credit card. I mistakenly thought it was a monthly charge for books I signed up for. I was scammed and I can't believe I was so foolish. I am eighty years old and live on a fixed income. When I hear about older people being scammed I always said how could they be so foolish, now I know. they told me they would cancel my account and refund me $220.00. I guess I wont hold my breath. People need to ask stores that sell online, why they allow companies like Free Shippingon their sites.

tyesonc
1/6/17

These folks are crooks. They charged me membership fees I didn't even know we're coming. I consider that stealing. What goes around will come around.

terrys133
1/5/17

I noticed on my wifes credit card two months-worth of a FreeShipping subscription for December and January. We never signed up for this site. When my wife called to get some answers she was greeted by customer service and they agreed to send my wife an email notification verifying a full refund. We are waiting for the $12.97/month to show up on the credit card.

sebastianm36
12/29/16

Seems like I got done in too by freeshipping com .

What we all need to do is get a facebook and twitter started and post our receipts showing all the different stores that allow them to advertise and trap people on thier websites.
These businesses should not expose their customers to shady vendors and offers.
They are just as much to blame for this.

uni89
12/28/16

My wife noticed a debit on her card for two months-worth of a FreeShipping subscription. We never signed up for this site in the first place, nor would we want to since we get free shipping everywhere already (and FreeShipping's subscription isn't even free in the first place). When my wife called to get some answers, she was greeted by a rude and condescending employee who told her she signed up at a place she never goes to.

FreeShipping only refunded one of those two payments, so we're down $12.95 and had to cancel her card to avoid this happening again.

Thanks, FreeShipping.com. Real classy.

Tip for consumers: Steer clear. Why are businesses like this even allowed to exist?

shuangy1
12/26/16

They will cancel your account once your cash back rebates reach a good amount! I registered a new account this December. I started to buy gifts for my friends and family through Bloomingdales. I spent more than 10000 dollars by click freeshipping.coms link. They charged my credit card for membership fee.
Right after I saw my cash back transaction history, I was having trouble to log in my account. They emailed me saying that my account looks like for business use and I had multiple accounts at my address. They refused to pay any cash back to me. I guess that is the way they make money: lure you with cash back, saying you violated their term and use, close your account without paying any cash back to you. If I could experted what just happened to my 1000 dollars cash back, I d rather use ebates.
If you also feel unfair, please email me at shuang95@hotmail.com, because I plan to seek for legal assistance at this point. We need to stand up for our cask back rebates!

boes1
12/26/16

my friend's account got closed without any solid reason or prior notification after she accumulated over $1,000 cash back unpaid in the account.
she has decided to file class action lawsuit against the cheating website, if anyone has similar experience, please contact her at shuang95@hotmail.com, thank you!

billm175
12/26/16

I haven't received the promised rebate, but I have been charged a $12.99 membership fee. This is a scam!

jamesb465
12/23/16

Same as other ppl. Seems like they don't want you getting any cashback.
Also if you submit rebates for freeshipping that's a negative sign for you. If you are going to cost them anything and get them referral fee, use them!

susant114
12/23/16

I guess I learned a $12.95 lesson to read ALL terms & conditions before signing up for anything ever again. I'm very disappointed at the way this company operates.

dupedf
12/19/16

You will cancel your account once you have accumulated a good amount of cashback. They keep paying some customers with smaller amounts so that they can write their experiences and balance the bad reviews posted by members like us who have been duped. Once you sign-up you are on the hook and they will scam you.

karenl150
12/19/16

I usually get the entire year's cost back in the first quarter so anything I save in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter is all profit to me. I've been a member of freeshipping for years! I don't understand the people who think this is a scam. It isn't, if you understand what you signed up for AND you actually use the services offered. What's not to like about 10% and 20% cash back? It is almost always higher than I could get at ebates.

ericad27
12/15/16

Now Im afraid to stay with freeshipping for fear they will cancel my account when its check time......im about to spend almost 1000 dollars on xmas shopping and cant afford to lose all my rebates

valuedc5
12/14/16

I got robbed at gun point on November. And freeshipping cancelled my membership because the credit card I had used to pay the membership got declined.(because the card got stolen and I had to cancel it.) And I gave my new number and they charged the membership immediately for December. And they reactivate it for like a week. And now they say "I violated the term and not gonna pay the cash back.
Here is the email I received from them Today.

Hello,
It has come to our attention that you have violated the Terms and Conditions of Freeshipping.com. There is only one membership allowed per household. Our records show that you have signed up multiple times this year.
You will be unable to sign up for any further accounts. All pending rebates and cash back have been declined.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Thank you and have a great day!
Samantha

Now I am wondering if I have to contact BBB and whatever the office that handle these kind of business practice.

kk146
12/13/16

I cancelled my previous membership last year. Subscribed again this year and started paying monthly membership fee, no questions were asked during my enrollment and while payment also. Bought good $$$ worth of items thru freeshipping.com link, I should receive a very nice amount of cash back. When the time is coming to pay me the cash back, suddenly now they cancelled my membership. The reasons freeshipping.com is giving are baseless. The reasons/rules were not there in FAQ's or nowhere in freeshipping.com site. They are bagging most of all cash back money from Retailers by not paying back to subscribers. "Stay Away.. Don't fall into their trap"

zipz
12/9/16

Been a paid subscription member for more than 3 months , they charged my credit card every month for their membership subscription , when my cash back was adding up , with a good amount , they suddenly cancelled my account , explanation was I had previous account , yes I had previous paid account which I had cancelled due to email attached to it had an issue , I informed and cancelled it , and open another paid membership account with another email , this is monthly subscription membership account , they charge you ,send no cash back , take your money ,cash back , rip you off . please don't subscribe. they will send one cash back ,then trick you , when cash back adds up , they cancel account , steel your cash back and membership fee , PLEASE DONT SIGN UP !!!!!!

cristinah8
12/5/16

If you do a lot of online shopping from a very limited amount of stores then perhaps this would be a great thing for you, however, if you did not break out the microscope before signing up then It is understandable that many call this company a scam. True is the review that states silly people signing up without reading everuthing, at the same time, I looked & looked again for any mention of a recurring fee and did not see that anywhere on the website that I signed up on or I never would have agreed to such a membership. I do not ever ever ever allow any company for any reason to automatically charge me for anything on a monthly basis. So I feel like I was pretty careful to check for that. That does not mean it is not listed somewhere but the way this deal is presented and the way they marketed is very deceitful. The company may not be a scam but the way they recruit you and dip into your credit card every month (which I'm sure many are not even aware of) is wrong. If they were more forthcoming they would probably have more happy members that are willing to agree to the terms of their membership instead of everyone complaining and feeling like they are being rubbed

pamelajoc
12/1/16

I have been a member since 2009 and can't complain about one aspect of this company. Even though the membership fee has almost doubled since I first joined, it's been worth every penny because I save 2-3 times over that cost in a whole year. If you are not a frequent monthly shopper online, then I suggest this is not for you. It's quite comical to me to read the reviews claiming this is a scam. As I read some of them, what stood out the most to me is people are not READING all the details laid out. Don't blame the company for your choice to not READ and follow directions! Once you get the routine down, it's fantastic to see how much you save. And yes, the rebate checks do get mailed to you! I have kept record every year ( I have a whole system I follow to keep track of my savings) and know exactly how much I save. Kudos to you, FreeShipping because you have done nothing but improve over the years! And your helpful comments to those who are giving negative reviews, just shows how much class you have. I'll remain a faithful customer for years to come!

marthak24
MARTHA K.
12/1/16

I keep trying to find the unscribe button because I don't want to be charged and it just.... dissappear!!!!!

julies134
11/19/16

I signed up with freeshipping.com last year. They had an ad on Ebay's web site for $10.00 if you signed up. Be very careful because they make it look like you will get 10% back when you go through their site, but many, many stores are not signed up with them; even though they have links to use as if they are a part of freeshipping.com.

Tip for consumers: if you are using a discount coupon to make a purchase, you will loose the 10%. It also takes forever to get a response if a purchase didn't capture. If you are making purchases that you have to pay to send them back if needed; this will be beneficial. If not don't waste your money. If you do, don't say you weren't warned. Happy Sopping.

valeriew38
11/13/16

I have been a member for years. Not only do you get your shipping back, up to $10.00 each time, you also get cash back at some sites. Usually it's 10% but sometimes Walmart has been 20%. I've done the math and it's well worth it. There are a lot of business that you can shop and save shipping with They also do return shipping, up to $10.00 each and competitive shopping.

matthews93
10/25/16

Gotta wonder about people who enter credit card info into a form without reading any of the fine print, then don't read their statement for months. Sounds like they are not taking their finances too seriously. Between 10% cashback, intelligent use of shipping rebates for Ebay/Petco cat litter/Amazon marketplace purchases and pretty straight forward Price Protection this program is an excellent compliment to using an American Express card(which don't match prices but have excellent purchase protection).

No cashback on returns(duh) and some retailers won't give cashback if you use coupons that aren't listed at Freeshipping.com, though most don't mind.

Even when they don't offer cashback at a store they will usually always give you a shipping rebate, max $10(12 per 12 month period per retailer), even at marketplace sellers, such as those found at Amazon/Newegg/Sears/Rakuten/Walmart etc.

The only real catch is there are 12 month limits on total rebates for Shipping, Portal Cashback, and Price protection; if you hit them you won't know unless you are keeping track. I wouldn't suggest opening separate accounts with the same account address to bypass these limits, as you will forfeit all rebates owed when they close out your multiple accounts. You are probably ok having a separate account for a 2nd home, but it needs the same account address as the billing information on a qualifying transaction.

Tip for consumers: You can cancel it anytime you want and still get the rebates you qualified/applied for. They do seem to be a bit more generous with transactions which could go either way if you stay subscribed through the payment period, which also allows you to log in and see what is getting credited. They run 20% cashback promotions several times a year, though they count against the same $1000 limit on cashback per 12 month period

ignaciom27
10/19/16

I shopped at Cuisinart and this came immediately right after this came up. They did not disclose upfront this was a monthly service that would cost $13. Tricky way to make business. I noticed three months after that they had been charging my CC. STAY FAR FAR AWAY from these questionable business.

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question