US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

annap59

I clicked on the offer and filled out the information until I was asked for my credit card. (in 58 reviews)

kyles60

Pros: I called customer service and they credited my account and expedited the rebate. (in 21 reviews)

amyn37

The membership fee is $12.97 per month ($155.64 per year). (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

wafiei
7/20/16

this is the worst thing I've ever done. Waste of money.

johnw492
7/16/16

Don't fall for this place. It's just a scam to make you sign up and pay a monthly fee. AVOID at all costs!!!!

joannes55
7/14/16

The negative reviews about this very legitimate business just points out the state of intelligence of most of the population in the 21st century. If their hands aren't held and they're not slowly and carefully explained everything verbally, then they call it a scam. What? They have to read terms and conditions? There's not supposed to be reading. If they give their credit card information, it's not their fault if it's charged, even when the terms and conditions fully explain the TERMS AND CONDITIONS! These people are in serious trouble when they find themselves alone in the big wide world without anybody holding their hands and explaining everything to them due to their illiteracy. Do they really think they'll get away with not paying their mortgage because nobody told them what they were signing? Freeshipping.com is a completely legitimate business that doesn't deserve to be reviewed by people who choose to be uninformed.

dank70
7/7/16

I signed up for this not knowing that there would be a $13 monthly membership fee. There was no disclosure that there would be a monthly fee, asking for my credit card number for future purchases only! Do not register for freeshipping.com. THERE SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS SCAM COMPANY.

maryb310
7/2/16

I was reviewing my bank account and saw a $12.97 charge regularly for the last 6 months for something called FreeShipping. Since I had no clue what it was, or why I was paying it (shame on me!), I called. I have NO recollection of signing up for this service and immediately canceled. I'm checking next month to make sure it's canceled, but thankfully that wasn't a problem. I guess I deserve to pay for something if I'm not actively/regularly checking my account. Dummy me; smart scam.

6/25/16

I've been a paying member of FreeShipping.com for over 3 years. I will gladly display my check stubs & account history to clear up any questions about the legitimacy of their services & benefits. Here's what anyone who considers using their services, needs to know:
1. They offer a 7-day free trial & clearly state that you'll be charged after the initial 7-days.
2. Many of their participating retailers offer free shipping by clicking thru the FreeShipping.com site. However, many of them do not- This is where the "shipping rebate" comes in. You fill out a simple (10 second) form & forward them a copy of your email reciept. You can claim up to $10 per valid purchase (i.e, if your shipping charge is $15, you'll only get $10 rebated; if your shipping charge is $4.97, you'll get $4.97 rebated.) 6-8 weeks later, you get a check in the mail. (Note: Sometimes, multiple rebates will be combined into one check; Also note that the rebates are totally separate from the "cash back" which is distributed quarterly.)
3. The "cash back" benefit is literally, second to none. I am a member of 13 different cash-back sites which offer free memberships. I have only used 3 of those 13 in the last 2 years due to some particular retailers not being part of FreeShipping.com's cash-back network. If you shop online a lot & the stores you shop are listed on FreeShipping.com, the service pays for itself. The membership fee is $12.97 per month ($155.64 per year). I maxed out my cash back limit last year ($1000) and that's not counting my shipping rebates which totalled AT LEAST $200 (probably more.) I'd say that the $1044.36 that FreeShipping.com put back in my pocket (only counting the year 2015) disqualifies any "scam" theories that are referenced in any of the other reviews.

Tip for consumers: They also offer "bonus cash back" at different times where then cash back is increased to 20% for either one particular retailer, a group of retailers (usually 30 stores) or all of their retailers!

fritzlep
6/20/16

Went to get charges taken off because goddamn Valorebooks.com lured me into this website, and was only able to get back three out of the five unauthorized charges that were made onto my account. No, I never signed up for a free trial, it simply said I could get my shipping charges back from Valore and asked for my Valore order information but I never even utilized it. 'Tis shady af and I'm on a college budget so of course I'm angry they are even allowed to do this. Sure the customer service was great though so the two stars are for that chick on the phone only. P.S. Valorebooks.com just lost a customer, bye.

josuem7
6/14/16

best rebate service you people need to learn how to read instead of clicking everything that say free shipping

rebeccae28
6/12/16

I signed up for freeshipping.com for the Pro Flowers shipping rebate on 5/5/2016. On 6/5/2016, I recieved a monthly charge of $12.97. I called their customer service (1-800-869-5597) ready for battle after reading some of the other reviews. Surprisingly, the customer service rep, Katrina, was extremely helpful! She informed me that you are automatically signed up for a monthly subscription unless you cancel it during the trial period, which is apparently outlined during enrollment. She unsubscribed me and reimbursed the $12.97 since I had not used the service. The call took me less than 5 minutes.

All in all, the company is a bit shady by automatically signing people up for a service but they did rectify the problem.

meganw44
6/5/16

I had purchased a Mother's Day gift at the very beginning of May and the gift had a $15 shipping charge that they said could be returned via freeshipping.com but to get the rebate you would have to get a membership to freeshipping. I agreed to it until I got an email back from them after I sent in the order confirmation and my freeshipping claim number and it had said that it would take 3 to 6 weeks to get my refund??? What's the point of getting the rebate if you're gonna charge me $12 the next month??? Anyway, I called the customer service line and asked the status of my rebate because I hadn't seen it come into my account yet and the lady was super nice while she was telling me that it just got approved today....28 days after I sent it in. So I asked if I could cancel the membership so I wouldn't just get $3 back on that shipping charge. She immediately switched her attitude to rude and talked like she was annoyed with me. Didn't appreciate that but it doesn't make sense to pay that monthly $12 charge to just get $3 back. And when I tried to cancel my membership online, it said that it was unavailable twice.

carolh91
6/4/16

I purchased some flowers and elected to use this service to get a discount on the shipping of the flowers. I didn't realize that I had inadvertently signed up for a monthly subscription service, so was billed 12.97 for several months until I realized what was going on. I feel tricked into these charges. I never used the service after the first month. Watch out.

rhondab29
6/4/16

I absolutely love free shipping, if you're someone who always order online, it's a great money saver. I love seeing my checks come in. Most times I forget I have a check coming as it's a great surprise. Especially recommend at Christmas

elizabeths143
6/4/16

Don't give your cc out for somethings that's supposed to be a rebate

marym339
6/4/16

I ordered flowers from ProFlowers for Mother's Day and a pop up came offering free shipping. I filled out all the forms, even sent all said documentation IMMEDIATELY. Now 4 weeks later, I log onto the site to find out the status of my rebate, see that it's pending, but it's also time for them to charge my credit card for the monthly charge. Very convenient! Now that I've cancelled the membership (before they charge my card), I get a message saying that I won't receive my rebate. SMH A total waste of time!

sandraq1
5/29/16

Must admit, tho' I hate to, I must not have read carefully enough when I supposedly signed up for free shipping. However, after a few months of the same recurring charge, which I assumed incorrectly was an Amazon Prime charge, I called Free Shipping. The customer service rep readily agreed to rebate all my charges and cancel the account. Be aware - the promo is very subtle. I give it 3 stars only because the customer service was 5 star.

tonyh81
5/23/16

I was under the impression that I could save on my recent Kohls order. I was not aware that they would debit/charge $12.97/month for a $10 rebate!!! What a ripoff! I will be calling my bank for a charge back! We are in the midst of trying to buy a house, and do not need anyone basically stealing our hard earned money. This is ridiculous and a little excessive!

amandat68
5/22/16

There are several reviews that are bad regarding freeshipping.com. my experience with them has been wonderful. They never charged me for something without my knowledge (it states it in writing when you sign up and with your intro email they send). I think the people who have negative things to say about this company are just not able to read and follow directions. If you READ and do what it states them you will be happy. I've received payments for all my shipping items. I did cancel after my trial period, but plan to sign back up closer to holidays when I start ordering more online. Thank you to freeshipping.com for being a great company and helping to reimburse those expensive shipping charges!!

jenniferg118
5/17/16

Submitted a Shari's Berries rebate they offered as a special when ordering from Shari's Berries site. They never sent my rebate and only responded that when I cancelled my trial, they would not be charging me. How kind of them. This is a scam company, and I intend to continue harassing them until they hold up to their end of the advertised deal.

jonathans77
5/17/16

Got an e-mail saying I was qualified for a $10 rebate. To get the $10 rebate, they apparently charge you a $13 membership fee. They do a good job at hiding that info, though.

I called them to cancel and undo the charge, but they said they would not do it. I didn't even finish the rebate form (they said I had to send in some picture for the last step).

So all in all, they provided me NO service, and want my $13. Hahaha!

I will be issuing a charge back for this garbage service.

Tip for consumers: Just don't.

solomenr
5/7/16

LETS MAKE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR 50 MILLION AGAINST THIS COMNPANY!!!

vindaloop
5/2/16

Trying to order from shari's berries and this thing pops up saying you can get free shipping. You think oh that's nice shari's berries must have some kind of deal with them so you get free shipping. you fill it out and do not get free shipping on your order (from shari's berries who probably never heard of them) and complain to shari's berries who thankfully give you free shipping. you try to figure out who this site is unsuccessfully and find it now two months in a row on your credit card bill. Being charged $12.97 once and not getting free shipping is bad enough but apparently they intend to charge you something for nothing every month.

shielat
4/27/16

Its deceiving, you tend to sign coz of their rebates promo but will not tell you they will charge you 12$ right away.

Better not sign up on it at all...rip off.

urs49
4/24/16

Well those folks that say they disclose the $12+ fee are right. Those folks that say they were cheated or misled are right too (I think). There is no mention what so ever that it is a promo offer on the initial sign up screen. It is not until after you give them your name an email address that you find outa out the details. At which point they have it.

Clue in people whe folks ask for your credit card information, they are probably going to charge you sometime.

lethah1
4/17/16

Cannot figure how they got my credit card number....did not sign up...have had to cancel that compromised card...AVOID...FRADULENT PRACTICES!

johnl331
4/8/16

After reviewing my most recent credit card statement I notice a $12.95 charge to freeshipping.com.I then called the number listed and found out that I had been paying this fee since July 2015. i had only bought one item on ebay and had no idea I had signed up for this service at that time or that there was only according to the company representative ( who was very nice) only a 7day trial period. I never ever received any information from freeshipping.com about the company or any of the stores that participate in this program. I believe that i am only being refunded for this past months fee while I believe I should be refund for most of it as this company sends no promotional material to the consumer as to how to use this program. So for those reason I feel that both myself and more then likely 10's of thousands of consumers have unknowingly signed up for this service I will be making a call to the Maryland Attorney Generals Office in the morning. also to the best of my knowledge I never received a welcome email or any other materials from this company and just now when I canceled the membership did i know what my member id was.
i urge anyone who feels the have been defrauded by freeshipping .com to call the consumer protection division of their states Attorney Generals office.

Sincerely,
John L.

Tip for consumers: Buyer be ware always review your credit card and or bank statements each month for charges you believe or false.

46 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 days ago
Answer
amyn37
A: Hey J V~ I've only had this happen on a few occasions where the transactions were declined for different reasons... Once was because I had used a coupon code from another site so the order didn't qualify for FreeShipping.com's cash back (Using coupons from other sites is listed as a restriction and it does state that cash back won't be earned on orders that use a non-approved coupon code. I was aware of this but I tried anyway :) Other reasons may be due to an order being returned, reaching the maximum benefit limit ($1000 per year for cash back) or because the retailer rejected the transaction for some reason (in which case, speaking to a FreeShipping rep is the only way to find out). I don't know how long you've been using this site so I'm not sure how much you know about it- Have you checked out your personal "Savings Center" page to look at your individual transactions? This is accessed by logging in to the site and then clicking on "Savings Center" which is located on the top, right of the page (In the same banner as the FreeShipping.com logo which is on the left). On this page, you can find all your "cash back" transactions and their status' (generally, "Pending", "Paid" or "Declined"). If a transaction is "Declined", there's usually a red "!" icon that you can click to get an explanation (i.e. "Order returned", "Order cancelled", etc.) Not sure if any of this addresses the issue you've had but if it doesn't, I'd be happy to try to help if you could give me some more specific details~
3 days ago