Review of FreeShipping

Tel: 1-800-869-5597
customerservice@freeshipping.com

brucet35
8/15/17

I have used Freeshipping.com for years. If you shop a lot online this service will save you 100$ if not over a thousand $ a year like it saves me every year. You get a 10% or 20% rebate on the purchase price from over 1000 online stores. All the big names are there. Walmart, Lowes, Macy's, Sears, JC Penny, Best Buy and the list goes on and on. You save $10 on shipping 12 times a year from about 1000 stores. There are other benefits but, these 2 are the best. Problem with all these people that cry and whine is they do not even understand how the system works. An indication of how stupid so many people are in the USA are today. The subscription to the service is about 13$ a year. Amazing how so many reviews say they did not sign up. How did they get your information then? If you do not like there service it takes 2 clicks to unsubscribe. Wallow in your own ignorance or wise up and save a lot of money with Freeshipping.com. I have saved several thousand $ over the last few years. Wish I had discovered this long ago. Free shipping has been in business for 20 years. Smart and informed people love the site.

laurenc345
8/13/17

If you shop online, but are not a frequent shopper, this is not for you. This company is not upfront about it's charges. They need update their site, because it looks super sketchy and they need to post, up front, how much this service costs. Many sites depend on you not reading the Terms of Use to get you to sign up for something. While they may be an excellent service for someone who purchases a lot online, they would not be helpful the casual shopper and the monthly costs will outweigh the benefits. Their marketing practices do not reflect reputable business practices. Their reviews on this site would be a lot better if they employed transparency.

khaledm11
8/11/17

I purchased car parts from partsgeek.com and i got an offer for free shipping rebate so i signed up, there was no mention of membership fees, So after 7 days they charged my CC. I canceled and contacted them the same day they charged me and they just replied that they will make a courtesy refund. I think they need to make it clear before you signup that there will be charges and the rebate is not actually in the form of money but it's like coupons to use for future purchases.

joanw52
8/10/17

My daughter is a quadriplegic so shopping on line is easier for her. Somehow she got enrolled for this service without her knowledge. I just recently caught the charges to her debit card. I cancelled the service. Shame on a company that allows scammers to take advantage of their customers by enrolling them in a program when they place an order. $12.97 a month is a lot of money when you're raising 2 little boys on a limited income.

zheg
8/10/17

When I went online shopping through freeshipping.com, the transaction would not appear in my 'savings center', so that I can not get my money back. I emailed them with this issue, and they said I did not go through their web, and I can not proof anything!!! It happened 3 times a month!! I got 1.5 Dollars cash back a month by paying them$12.99. Just SCAM, be far far away from it!!!

monicas94
8/7/17

You end up spending WAY more than they give you back, I lost so much money to this site because I stupidly thought I could trust them.

serenaw12
8/4/17

They charged me $12.97 few days after ordering from Carol Wright without my permission. I treated it as a scam that it i was and closed my card at the bank. I think I will return my order from Carol wright and explain why.

vinnyb2
7/26/17

They will find every little reason, be it ridiculous, to take away all the cashbacks. Someone lived in this address had an account, so when I signed up for my own and accrued $300 in cashback, they suddenly took it away because of the same address. What - no one has ever lived in the same address after someone else? Bunch of scam artists!!! They took the cashbacks from the customers and the shares from the stores too. For every purchase made through their site, they'd get a share from that store.

jiepingd
7/25/17

They are trying so hard to hide the membership cost. You won't see the cost anywhere on their home page. They did mention the cost in the welcome email but made it so little in the bottom. I would never know that until I checked my bank and found out that thief. Stay away from this website!

michellem302
7/24/17

I have been a member for years! My family and I shop online a lot because you can save so much more money. First I can get reimbursed up to $10 in shipping costs. Now that they added cash back and especially 20% cash back sporadically through the year, you can get reimbursed up to $1,000 in cash back. We have been doing a lot of home renovating projects and we got our $1000 cash back. I recommend freeshipping to all of our friends who do online shopping. Its been a God send for our family.

lindag213
7/22/17

Carol Wright got me! I pressed the $10.00 off button and knew I had to cancel it soon.
Six days later I did. Free Shipping said you are "Unsubscribed" and nothing else. No email.... Nada
Now I'm being charged $12.97 a month on my Visa.
This is too much of a hassle!!! After getting the run-around, I was finally able to cancel it AGAIN on the phone. So Long....... $12.97..... Live and Learn!
I really thought "I knew them all" but this is a new one on me.

Shame on a company that's been around forever to associate themselves with such LOW LIFES! I'll never do any business with them again.
It's a Sad, Sad World.......

daphineh
7/22/17

I went to PetFlow for the first time. So in May I ordered a bag of dog food from PETFLOW. As with most online retailers they offered a $10 coupon on the first order. What I did not realize is in redeeming said coupon I was committing to a $12.95/mo recurring charge. WTFFFFFFF????? NO!!!!!!!! So that coupon cost me $25.90????? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Another battle ensues!!!! AND I WILL WIN!!!!
Watch your accounts!!! These sneaky bastards are coming at us from all directions!!!!!!

stevens217
7/20/17

I signed up, sent my reciept of my purchase, and then decided nah I don't care anymore and closed and cancelled with them and they refunded me anything they charged. A month later I get a check in the mail for $10.00, cashed it in and omg, I got ten dollars for LITERALLY FREE!

Tip for consumers: Expect your check after a month, yes it takes that long.

benl90
7/17/17

got my moneys worth it!
the $12.98 monthly subscription charge is a joke to what they offer. read read read do not judge the book by its cover read some pages!

janetg63
7/15/17

Ordered some items from Penny's. Needed the items expedite shipped. Never requested a subscription to their service. I could not put in the expedited shipping only the free shipping. I now have had my account debited three times for $12.95 for a subscription to their service. Have contacted them four times to stop it and they refuse. Next step is an attorney. Should have a zero.

ginad47
7/14/17

Somehow I signed up for this when placing an order to Kohls. It must have said "free shipping" and I thought it was Kohls offering the perk. For 3 months i was charged $12.97 from my bank account but thought it was something else. I finally called the number provided and was shocked to find out what had happened. I was able to cancel and was refunded $12.97. However after thinking about it, I felt I should have been refunded the entire amount so I contacted the Better Business Bureau. They contacted the company and I was refunded the entire amount. KOhls should be ashamed to let this deceptive type of thing occur. I will never order from them again.

marya713
7/4/17

Would give this junk a 0 if I could! I signed up by accident on this trash website and when I got my monthly bank statement, it said that 12.97 had been taken from my account. I was so confused because I never bought or used the trash services of this website that doesn't even make sense! So I called them after canceling my membership (WHICH I DIDNT KNOW I SIGNED UP FOR) THEY TRICK YOU AND LIE TO YOU!!! I asked for my money back because honestly who uses this stupid website, what would you even use it for?!?! AND THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T REFUND MY MONEY?!?! WHAT EVEN THEY STOLE MY MONEY AND WON'T GIVE IT BACK!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND. DO NOT SIGN UP! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE!

kristens51
6/27/17

When this popped up after an eBay purchase, of course I checked it out. When I read the FAQS I decided that it wasn't for me, as the cost is $12.99 a month. I don't pay that much per month for shipping. But for someone who does that much online shopping, it is a good deal. People...you NEED to read the info given to you before ya start signing up for stuff! To anyone who says they didn't know what they were signing up for, buyer beware. If you only see "free $10" that's your fault. Read. Everything.

michaelr342
6/20/17

Companies who link this with their website need to drop them. I did not subscribe to this website.......

lindao68
6/19/17

This company is screwing people shopping on line with Kohls. Never signed up and getting monthy charges. What a scam. Wake up Kohls...drop them.

deloist
6/16/17

I was out of town and did a lot of shopping on my phone, so when i get back home submitted my claims, got my rebates but not my cash back. When you call, they can't help you, cause they know nothing but tell you to, go to the help button and submit a claim. I don't think a real person is there for complaints, cause i never see action. At lease EBATES, they recognize you being on their site with a purchase. Come on FREE SHIPPING, you can do better then this. At lease give a call, let me know you value your customer

mayk25
6/11/17

I was ordering with my credit card on a Kohl's site and the free shipping pop-up appeared. I thought it was part of the Kohl's site. I entered my email, certainly not any credit card information and did not sign up for a membership. Ten days later a membership charge appeared on my credit card. I called and the person said she would give me a credit, even though I signed up. A confirming email said my membership was cancelled, not that I would be credited. I know this will be a battle with the credit card company. BEWARE

juliaw62
6/11/17

They don't tell you they're starting to charge you and you don't save nearly as much as they charge.

jimd147
6/7/17

I got my package before the due date. It was undamaged and ready to go. Thankyou very much! I would recommend this to my friends and people I so business with. I hope I do more business in the near future.

dm465
5/25/17

I signed up for freeshipping.com last summer and was heckled by my husband for doing so. It has turned out to be profitable as we did a lot of internet purchasing this year and have received $1000.00 cashback which is the annual benefit limit for what you can receive. My husband is now a believer . We tried to purchase major items through free shipping and could use ship to store if we needed it that day. For instance we purchased $500 dollars in sink faucets from Lowes and shipped to store so we could get them that day and received $50 cashback. This service allows for up to $10.00 in shipping charges as well and has price protection. We have used it all. At christmas we purchased a backpack via internet on free shipping then found it for $58 cheaper within 30 days and also received a check for that. The biggest issue with freeshipping is you have to be organized and make sure you go through the freeshipping website to purchase from retailers. You also have to submit receipts with shipping totals to freeshipping. I always scanned and emailed instead of mailing receipts as this was much quicker. You could also take a picture of receipt and email that way. As long as you know the rules it really works. At Christmas they offered 20 percent cashback with many retailers. In addition I could use my store coupons at check out so totally worth it. My only dilemma now is whether to continue my subscription to the service since I can't receive anymore cashback until July.

Helpful answer

Hi Kalia, I would be happy to help you with this. I will need some of your information so I would much rather handle this off of here. Can you email me directly at mprocaccini@FreeShipping.com or call me at 860.358.9198 x237. If you would rather call toll free you can call 1-800-515-9185. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep] on 8/31/15
Helpful answer

Hi, yes, even if you cancel within your trial your rebate will still be processed. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep] on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

Please tell us which number you tried to use. I called them more than once when I was a member, and all the numbers worked. They gave me one number to use specifically to cancel. I am out now and using a tablet but will give you all the numbers when I get home later today. You can also cancel very easily through the website. Just click "Help" and the option will show up. I will be back later with the numbers. This turned out to be a good, honest website and has gotten so many unjust bad reviews that I want to help when I can.

By Shirley S. on 6/24/15
Helpful answer

Melody, Congratulations on at least attempting to learn about this Company and its service before signing up - great advice for all consumer decisions. I would advise you to carefully read the comments on this site to get a flavor on the cost and benefits of FreeShipping.com to see if it is right for you. I think for most people, it is such a hassle, it is not worth it, and such a hassle to cancel, and if you don't, the billing of your credit card will continue forever until you do. That's what happened to me, so for me it wasn't worth it. Good luck on your decision.

By Gary W. on 6/9/15
Helpful answer

Contact us at customerservice@freeshipping.com and we will be happy to resolve your issue. Thank you KellyT

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep] on 12/5/14
Helpful answer

Hi Michelle, unfortunately I can't locate your account using the information here. Can you please reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com?

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep] on 4/26/16
Helpful answer

Hi Michael, I’m so sorry for any confusion regarding your account. Unfortunately, once you cancel you cannot log back in to your account. For any updates please call our toll free number at 1-855-226-7047 or email us directly at customercare@freeshipping.com. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep] on 7/23/15
Helpful answer

Go to the "Help" page and there is a button thats titled "Cancel Membership"

By Laurie W. on 1/1/17
Helpful answer

if you pile up considerable cashback they will cancel your account for no reason. Even if the reason is justified, they will still not pay you. So be careful.

By Duped F. on 12/15/16

By Jenn D. on 12/15/16
Questions? Get answers from the FreeShipping staff and other customers.

8 Photos for FreeShipping