Review of FreeShipping

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

edd976
4/19/17

Somehow they started billing me for charges and got information from a Kohl's order. Finally got it off my credit card and refund but still is pending for old charges that I didn't notice on my card. I still don't know what benefits you would ever get. Just got new credit card statement and they charged me again after getting confirmation they would close account. BIG SCAM.

luanns6
4/17/17

Personally I think your company is just a big rip off scam!!! You make people think their going to get free shipping on the item they just purchased, when really your just scamming people of a fee for your service!!! I will be going to my bank and having the charges reversed!!!

sushmat
4/12/17

who reads there terms and conditions in details no one does. When you see limit is exceeding u should send an email saying limit exceeded atlesat user gets an idea ok limit is done. This is just scam they charge you every month and when u try to do transaction they have limit...for what??? in that case they should charge just once in year...why every month when limits are for year?? makes no sense....

darrena10
4/9/17

Apparently I signed up for freeshipping.com when I placed an order online with Kohl's and was supposed to cancel it before getting charged. I guess it's my fault, but I'm disappointed that Kohl's would promote something like this. Or was it Kohl's? Hmm, when I shop at Kohl's I use my Kohl's charge card but this was charged to a different card. Either way, watch out what you might agree to when trying to get that free shipping. The representative from freeshipping.com was friendly and helpful. I had no problem canceling and receiving a credit.

maryannp14
4/8/17

As most of the people before me, I was also charged $12.97 without giving them authorization to do so. Customer service has said they will issue a refund and were most kind, BUT, and I mean a big BUT, the representative said I signed up with my email address which she quoted, AND THEN SHE QUOTED MY PASSWORD! How is it that she knew my password???

saram143
3/31/17

i shopped through them to buy my home windows. i placed multiples orders for windows as a had some coupon. they charged me for 2 months and then cancelled my account saying that i was using my account for business and did not pay a penny as cash back. they let you collect cash back in the account and when the amount becomes significant they cancel your account without paying a penny......

neild44
3/24/17

I created an account to get promotional free shipping for one order I placed through Kohl's back in August 2016 and just noticed they have been charging the credit card I used for the purchase for $13 a month since then. This is such a scam, I never authorized this and they sent one email with the original order stating there will be a fee per month at the very bottom of the email. They will just start charging whatever credit card you use for your purchase. DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT OR USE THEM FOR ANYTHING!

seanm139
3/18/17

Called to question charges on my credit card and asked to cancel membership. My experience was like most who have dealt with this company. See if I get the refund they promised.

phyllisk10
3/17/17

I've been with them for almost 20 years, through all kinds of changes and glitches. I've only had one issue and that was because, and they tell you, some restrictions may apply, I used a coupon with the 20 % back and JC pennys didnt allow that, but Macys did as well as others , and I've more than made up for my member ship cost. you must make sure you click through their site, and if you take awhile it times out, so to be safe I reclick through before checking out. they are easy to to work with. if your credit card was charged for a monthly fee its because you signed up for it some how. Its not a scam if you give it time, you will see. The only other complaint I have is I reached my limit of $500 in shipping refunds and they didnt tell me, as I continued to send in claims they wouldnt pay. (I use to have to mail them in, now you can email your receipt, so much easier) , but I know to check once in while what my total is. If i found a lower price, they have given me the difference, they pay to have my returns sent back with their easy prepaid labels that I can just print off. I think their customer service needs alittle work though. But I highly recommend them.

bhabanip
3/17/17

I had an account in freeshipping. One of my friend has also account ,
He was moving out of town for few days and changed the address to mine so that he can get the check.
freeshipping canceled my membership and all my cash back saying its a violation.
And i was not able to reopen my account.
Worst experience with freeshipping.

raymondc68
3/15/17

I, too, was scammed. I am the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit for the entire US. We need more people to get involved. No cost to anyone. Please call me at 805-886-4515 or email to raychandler@msn.com. Help me stop these nasty people.

danielo57
3/13/17

Signed up for this site to get free shipping on V-Day flowers. I was waiting on the refund for the shipping, so I held onto the account. Refund still hasn't arrived, but I got the membership charge. I was MAD and was ready to give an earfull about how I only held onto the account to get my shipping money. The rep was very kind and reversed the membership fee. NOTE- the membership fee is indeed mentioned when you sign up. I only held onto the account because I thought the refund wouldn't go through without it. 5 stars because good customer service, and fees were NOT "hidden".

johnp506
3/13/17

Got the $12.97 charge notice via text from my bank at 6:00 am one Saturday. Called freeshipping.com to ask what it was for and they said it was a monthly membership. I said cancel immediately. I also said I didn't remember seeing anything about a monthly fee on the website. She said she would issue a refund within 3 to 5 days. What a scam.

jenniferg165
3/6/17

I was checking my checking account, which I don't keep seriously close tabs on (yeah, I know). I skim through casually occasionally and haven't noticed anything dubious in the past. Today, I was checking and noticed a $12.97 fee from FreeChecking.com went through on the first, which only caught my eye because I had made an iTunes membership purchase and was looking for that to know specifically what day it would be debited each month. I have never even heard of freeshipping.com, but they have been charging my account every month for a while upon further research. I called the phone number associated with the transaction on my account and told them the situation - I have never heard of them, have no idea why they are charging me money monthly, and would like to end whatever membership they have associated with my debit card. They didn't even acknowledge the part where I said I NEVER signed up with them. They had my e-mail and said they'd send me a cancellation notice. I checked my e-mail and searched for anything from them in the past and there is NOTHING. There is no e-mail confirming a membership to begin with, no receipts, nothing, just my first ever e-mail from them telling me they are cancelling my account. I called my bank and will have to go in to get a new debit card, as they recommended, and file a dispute in hopes of getting the funds back. What a mess. I am at least thankful that because of them, I will now be checking my account transactions more diligently.

alyxf
2/28/17

Get ready for hidden fees! They automatically charge your credit card the membership fee. Called and cancelled as soon as I saw the charge on my cc statement. Sorry y'all, there really is no such thing as 'free'

jayj82
2/21/17

I had a $12.97 fee pop up on my bank statement for 2 months. I had inadvertently approved a site for freeshipping I assume but the fee that appeared a month later was NOT DISCLOSED....which sucked...but at least when I called the number 800 869-5597 very little wait time and ...the rep Nida ..game me full credit . So in a brief synopsis if your going to get screwed for NON-DISCLOSED charges at least they are fair and quick about the credit back . LOL....

patriciaa81
2/21/17

Ive noticed this on my bank statement wondering who they were. I've called their toll free number.. low and behold , number is a non working number.. I WANT my money back as I see it's a recurring withdrawal

katied42
2/16/17

I noticed random charges on my account and I have never purchased this plan. Apparently, it was hidden in a Kohls ad. I will never shop there again since this was so shifty and underhanded. I'm reporting this to the BBB.

alicianat
2/13/17

Sneaky folks! I purchased something from a catalog and this was an unwanted, unscheduled add on. When a check on my debit card/checking account bounced I called my bank and I discovered that 12.97 had been deducted from my acct for months. Never ordered this service! The telephone rep from FresShipping said they'd issue a refund and cancel my account. Will see if they follow through. I made sure I got a reference number from that conversation, however I am canceling that card since security has been compromised.

michaelg298
2/12/17

If this is the same company that also does MLB.com I did this a few yrs back and after I did somehow my debit card got hacked and charges I did not make got charged and the places it did was back east luckily my bank was on top of it and got new card that day and refunded charges I would not trust this company

tedm59
2/4/17

The comoany's service turned out to be useless to me and the charge to my card was larger than the rebate I was waiting on. I requested a refund for the service and they obliged. I'm glad I was able to get out of it.

victoriag39
2/3/17

Random $12.97 monthly charges appeared on my credit card. I definitely never signed up for this, nor did I ever receive a "welcome email." This will be reported to the BBB as I am clearly not the first to have this experience unless all such charges are refunded back to me. I most definitely never received any kind of benefit from this alleged "sign up."

jamalt5
2/3/17

From where you hot my card info I never bought anything from you but you charge me 12.97 each month I need explanation befor go fear farther

tatyanab4
2/1/17

I have never signed on their terms but every month they take my 12.97.Two monthes.I do not use online purchasing much. I use only 3 sites and non of them suggested me this company Free shipping.com .I have no idea where do they get my Card number.I wrote a letter to them to refund me my money back.I hope they will refund and cancel their membership about which I even do not have any idea.

juned8
2/1/17

I have been a member of Freeshipping.com for almost 7 years and I am amazed at how they can do it. Both my twin sister and I are considered experts in the field of couponing and rebating and used to have classes to teach Special Education teachers in our school system how to save money and obtain free or very discounted items for their classrooms. We both agree that Freeshipping.com is a bonanza. Each year we save from $500-$800 in shipping charges and cash back. If you purchase online at least 6-8 times a month like I do, then you are going to come out way ahead. If you rarely purchase online, then this program is not for you. You will see some negative reviews on this website, but they are from people who rarely shop online, so for them, paying for a membership is a waste. They should read the rules and benefits on the website before being tempted by the introductory offer.

There are over 1,000 vendors that have shipping rebates up to $10.00, and most of them offer 10% cash back in addition to any discounts offered online by that vendor. They are not a bunch of obscure vendors, but ones that you probably use all the time such as Macy's, Home Depot, Walgreens, Best Buy, Target, etc. It is easy to keep track of your earnings for both the shipping rebates and the cashback rewards. A few times during the year, freeshipping.com offers 20% cashback instead of the customary 10%. It is easy to track your earnings online and shipping rebate payments are received in a timely manner, while cashback rewards are scheduled quarterly, so you will know how much you will be receiving and when. My favorite part of the program (other than all the money I save and earn), is that submissions are so fast and easily done by sending your confirmation/email receipt to them by email. You can also do it the traditional way through snail mail. If you have a problem or there is a discrepancy, customer service works very hard to rectify and resolve any issues to your satisfaction.

I can not say enough wonderful things about this program. Again, if you are a fairly frequent online shopper and do not have a membership with Freeshipping.com, you are missing out big-time!

59 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question