US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alyxf
2/28/17

Get ready for hidden fees! They automatically charge your credit card the membership fee. Called and cancelled as soon as I saw the charge on my cc statement. Sorry y'all, there really is no such thing as 'free'

jayj82
2/21/17

I had a $12.97 fee pop up on my bank statement for 2 months. I had inadvertently approved a site for freeshipping I assume but the fee that appeared a month later was NOT DISCLOSED....which sucked...but at least when I called the number 800 869-5597 very little wait time and ...the rep Nida ..game me full credit . So in a brief synopsis if your going to get screwed for NON-DISCLOSED charges at least they are fair and quick about the credit back . LOL....

patriciaa81
2/21/17

Ive noticed this on my bank statement wondering who they were. I've called their toll free number.. low and behold , number is a non working number.. I WANT my money back as I see it's a recurring withdrawal

katied42
2/16/17

I noticed random charges on my account and I have never purchased this plan. Apparently, it was hidden in a Kohls ad. I will never shop there again since this was so shifty and underhanded. I'm reporting this to the BBB.

alicianat
2/13/17

Sneaky folks! I purchased something from a catalog and this was an unwanted, unscheduled add on. When a check on my debit card/checking account bounced I called my bank and I discovered that 12.97 had been deducted from my acct for months. Never ordered this service! The telephone rep from FresShipping said they'd issue a refund and cancel my account. Will see if they follow through. I made sure I got a reference number from that conversation, however I am canceling that card since security has been compromised.

michaelg298
2/12/17

If this is the same company that also does MLB.com I did this a few yrs back and after I did somehow my debit card got hacked and charges I did not make got charged and the places it did was back east luckily my bank was on top of it and got new card that day and refunded charges I would not trust this company

tedm59
2/4/17

The comoany's service turned out to be useless to me and the charge to my card was larger than the rebate I was waiting on. I requested a refund for the service and they obliged. I'm glad I was able to get out of it.

victoriag39
2/3/17

Random $12.97 monthly charges appeared on my credit card. I definitely never signed up for this, nor did I ever receive a "welcome email." This will be reported to the BBB as I am clearly not the first to have this experience unless all such charges are refunded back to me. I most definitely never received any kind of benefit from this alleged "sign up."

jamalt5
2/3/17

From where you hot my card info I never bought anything from you but you charge me 12.97 each month I need explanation befor go fear farther

tatyanab4
2/1/17

I have never signed on their terms but every month they take my 12.97.Two monthes.I do not use online purchasing much. I use only 3 sites and non of them suggested me this company Free shipping.com .I have no idea where do they get my Card number.I wrote a letter to them to refund me my money back.I hope they will refund and cancel their membership about which I even do not have any idea.

juned8
2/1/17

I have been a member of Freeshipping.com for almost 7 years and I am amazed at how they can do it. Both my twin sister and I are considered experts in the field of couponing and rebating and used to have classes to teach Special Education teachers in our school system how to save money and obtain free or very discounted items for their classrooms. We both agree that Freeshipping.com is a bonanza. Each year we save from $500-$800 in shipping charges and cash back. If you purchase online at least 6-8 times a month like I do, then you are going to come out way ahead. If you rarely purchase online, then this program is not for you. You will see some negative reviews on this website, but they are from people who rarely shop online, so for them, paying for a membership is a waste. They should read the rules and benefits on the website before being tempted by the introductory offer.

There are over 1,000 vendors that have shipping rebates up to $10.00, and most of them offer 10% cash back in addition to any discounts offered online by that vendor. They are not a bunch of obscure vendors, but ones that you probably use all the time such as Macy's, Home Depot, Walgreens, Best Buy, Target, etc. It is easy to keep track of your earnings for both the shipping rebates and the cashback rewards. A few times during the year, freeshipping.com offers 20% cashback instead of the customary 10%. It is easy to track your earnings online and shipping rebate payments are received in a timely manner, while cashback rewards are scheduled quarterly, so you will know how much you will be receiving and when. My favorite part of the program (other than all the money I save and earn), is that submissions are so fast and easily done by sending your confirmation/email receipt to them by email. You can also do it the traditional way through snail mail. If you have a problem or there is a discrepancy, customer service works very hard to rectify and resolve any issues to your satisfaction.

I can not say enough wonderful things about this program. Again, if you are a fairly frequent online shopper and do not have a membership with Freeshipping.com, you are missing out big-time!

aliced30
1/27/17

I was shocked to see so many complaints about freeshipping.com, so I want to set the record straight. I have been a member for over five years and have nothing but praise and good things to say about the company. When I first joined, I was a little skeptical, but after the first year I was amazed with the amount of money I saved.

First, let me be clear about one thing. If you do not shop online frequently, a membership is not for you. For those who do shop online a lot, you will be very satisfied and excited, especially when the amount of rebates and cashback you receive will far exceed the cost of what you pay yearly in membership fees.

Some people think it is not worth their while to join because they feel most online retailers already offer free shipping. This is not true. Last year alone, most of the companies I ordered from made me pay for shipping. The rebates I received for the year were close to $500.00, the maximum amount freeshipping.com reimburses their members. This is not to mention the several hundred dollars in cashback I received for my purchases and the rebates I received on a few returns.

You are probably thinking that I spend loads of money and am a big spender, but actually, I am not; I only buy things that I need. In fact, most of my purchases were for items that were drastically reduced. In many cases, the shipping was more than the cost of the item. For instance, a company recently sent me a $10.00 code to be used on their site for anything I wanted. I saw this $35.00 athletic sweatshirt that was reduced to $11.00. After applying my $10.00 coupon, the top cost me $1.00. However, the shipping charge was $7.95. After applying for my freeshipping.com rebate, my total cost for the $35.00 sweatshirt was $1.00. I am a great shopper, do lots of research, and always wind up with the best deals. Then receiving a rebate for my shipping costs is an even better deal. Shop on EBAY and you will see what I mean. Many sellers charge ridiculous shipping fees and sell their products at low prices so they won't have to pay EBAY large percentage fees on their selling prices. So, you can buy something very cheap and get back a maximum of $10.00 on your shipping when you go through freeshipping.com.

People should not complain about freeshipping.com. The problem is that they fail to read the trial membership rules or forget to cancel. Of course, your credit card will be charged every month if you do not call and tell them you no longer want the service. Also, you need to read their policy regarding the processing of your rebate claims and cashback. It does take about six weeks to receive your check, and I have found that all of mine are always mailed to me on time. I rate the company "excellent' when it comes to being reimbursed in a timely manner.

I hope I have succeeded in changing the way some of you think about freeshipping.com. You can always call their toll free phone number if you have any questions (1-800-869-5597). The reps are extremely personable and are there to help. On occasion, I call the corporate office and deal with Mike Procaccini, one of the nicest and most helpful employees. Mike is so knowledgeable and efficient. He really knows his stuff! I love freeshipping.com and hope to continue to be a loyal member for many years to come.

joeh134
1/25/17

I've been a member for the past year, and have yet to run into any legitimate issues that weren't due to something I did incorrectly. If you follow the instructions, you should do fine with this service. It does take some effort and patience, however.

lulul11
1/23/17

The process of getting money back is very slow, you have to patiently wait for months. The only thing is while waiting you still need to pay for the membership fee. However, I did get checks from them for over $500. I can't really complain about anything else. Try it if you shop a lot. :)

davide156
1/19/17

was satisfied with freeshipping.com for a couple of years but as more free shipping was offered by online sites value of membership at freeshipping.com declined. limit of $10 per rebate request was also a reason to drop. most disappointing was seeing more rebate requests rejected inspite of providing same type of order confirmation documentation that previously had been accepted.

narayanar
1/18/17

Hi, I have been a customer of Freeshipping.com for last 3 months and I have got a huge cash back for the Holiday season purchases. This is a genuine company which has got some bad publicity, and I think thats mainly due to people who don't read the terms and conditions properly and regret/complain later on. If you follow the terms they have mentioned the send you the cheque as promised. So its about you on how you want to get some free bonus on your regular purchases. As a Business model this also helps the consumer to get their share of the Trade promotion money spent by the manufacturers. Highly recommended.

joanned47
1/6/17

Some how I have been paying 12.97 a month for seventeen months to a company called" Free Shipping", on an account I never signed up for. It appears it was attached in small print when I purchased something from Kohl's.The person I talked to was very reasonable but I was very angry. I was chastised for not reading the small print when I purchase something on line and not reviewing my credit card. I mistakenly thought it was a monthly charge for books I signed up for. I was scammed and I can't believe I was so foolish. I am eighty years old and live on a fixed income. When I hear about older people being scammed I always said how could they be so foolish, now I know. they told me they would cancel my account and refund me $220.00. I guess I wont hold my breath. People need to ask stores that sell online, why they allow companies like Free Shippingon their sites.

tyesonc
1/6/17

These folks are crooks. They charged me membership fees I didn't even know we're coming. I consider that stealing. What goes around will come around.

terrys133
1/5/17

I noticed on my wifes credit card two months-worth of a FreeShipping subscription for December and January. We never signed up for this site. When my wife called to get some answers she was greeted by customer service and they agreed to send my wife an email notification verifying a full refund. We are waiting for the $12.97/month to show up on the credit card.

sebastianm36
12/29/16

Seems like I got done in too by freeshipping com .

What we all need to do is get a facebook and twitter started and post our receipts showing all the different stores that allow them to advertise and trap people on thier websites.
These businesses should not expose their customers to shady vendors and offers.
They are just as much to blame for this.

uni89
12/28/16

My wife noticed a debit on her card for two months-worth of a FreeShipping subscription. We never signed up for this site in the first place, nor would we want to since we get free shipping everywhere already (and FreeShipping's subscription isn't even free in the first place). When my wife called to get some answers, she was greeted by a rude and condescending employee who told her she signed up at a place she never goes to.

FreeShipping only refunded one of those two payments, so we're down $12.95 and had to cancel her card to avoid this happening again.

Thanks, FreeShipping.com. Real classy.

Tip for consumers: Steer clear. Why are businesses like this even allowed to exist?

shuangy1
12/26/16

They will cancel your account once your cash back rebates reach a good amount! I registered a new account this December. I started to buy gifts for my friends and family through Bloomingdales. I spent more than 10000 dollars by click freeshipping.coms link. They charged my credit card for membership fee.
Right after I saw my cash back transaction history, I was having trouble to log in my account. They emailed me saying that my account looks like for business use and I had multiple accounts at my address. They refused to pay any cash back to me. I guess that is the way they make money: lure you with cash back, saying you violated their term and use, close your account without paying any cash back to you. If I could experted what just happened to my 1000 dollars cash back, I d rather use ebates.
If you also feel unfair, please email me at shuang95@hotmail.com, because I plan to seek for legal assistance at this point. We need to stand up for our cask back rebates!

boes1
12/26/16

my friend's account got closed without any solid reason or prior notification after she accumulated over $1,000 cash back unpaid in the account.
she has decided to file class action lawsuit against the cheating website, if anyone has similar experience, please contact her at shuang95@hotmail.com, thank you!

billm175
12/26/16

I haven't received the promised rebate, but I have been charged a $12.99 membership fee. This is a scam!

jamesb465
12/23/16

Same as other ppl. Seems like they don't want you getting any cashback.
Also if you submit rebates for freeshipping that's a negative sign for you. If you are going to cost them anything and get them referral fee, use them!

58 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question