US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

pamelajoc
12/1/16

I have been a member since 2009 and can't complain about one aspect of this company. Even though the membership fee has almost doubled since I first joined, it's been worth every penny because I save 2-3 times over that cost in a whole year. If you are not a frequent monthly shopper online, then I suggest this is not for you. It's quite comical to me to read the reviews claiming this is a scam. As I read some of them, what stood out the most to me is people are not READING all the details laid out. Don't blame the company for your choice to not READ and follow directions! Once you get the routine down, it's fantastic to see how much you save. And yes, the rebate checks do get mailed to you! I have kept record every year ( I have a whole system I follow to keep track of my savings) and know exactly how much I save. Kudos to you, FreeShipping because you have done nothing but improve over the years! And your helpful comments to those who are giving negative reviews, just shows how much class you have. I'll remain a faithful customer for years to come!

marthak24
12/1/16

I keep trying to find the unscribe button because I don't want to be charged and it just.... dissappear!!!!!

julies134
11/19/16

I signed up with freeshipping.com last year. They had an ad on Ebay's web site for $10.00 if you signed up. Be very careful because they make it look like you will get 10% back when you go through their site, but many, many stores are not signed up with them; even though they have links to use as if they are a part of freeshipping.com.

Tip for consumers: if you are using a discount coupon to make a purchase, you will loose the 10%. It also takes forever to get a response if a purchase didn't capture. If you are making purchases that you have to pay to send them back if needed; this will be beneficial. If not don't waste your money. If you do, don't say you weren't warned. Happy Sopping.

valeriew38
11/13/16

I have been a member for years. Not only do you get your shipping back, up to $10.00 each time, you also get cash back at some sites. Usually it's 10% but sometimes Walmart has been 20%. I've done the math and it's well worth it. There are a lot of business that you can shop and save shipping with They also do return shipping, up to $10.00 each and competitive shopping.

matthews93
10/25/16

Gotta wonder about people who enter credit card info into a form without reading any of the fine print, then don't read their statement for months. Sounds like they are not taking their finances too seriously. Between 10% cashback, intelligent use of shipping rebates for Ebay/Petco cat litter/Amazon marketplace purchases and pretty straight forward Price Protection this program is an excellent compliment to using an American Express card(which don't match prices but have excellent purchase protection).

No cashback on returns(duh) and some retailers won't give cashback if you use coupons that aren't listed at Freeshipping.com, though most don't mind.

Even when they don't offer cashback at a store they will usually always give you a shipping rebate, max $10(12 per 12 month period per retailer), even at marketplace sellers, such as those found at Amazon/Newegg/Sears/Rakuten/Walmart etc.

The only real catch is there are 12 month limits on total rebates for Shipping, Portal Cashback, and Price protection; if you hit them you won't know unless you are keeping track. I wouldn't suggest opening separate accounts with the same account address to bypass these limits, as you will forfeit all rebates owed when they close out your multiple accounts. You are probably ok having a separate account for a 2nd home, but it needs the same account address as the billing information on a qualifying transaction.

Tip for consumers: You can cancel it anytime you want and still get the rebates you qualified/applied for. They do seem to be a bit more generous with transactions which could go either way if you stay subscribed through the payment period, which also allows you to log in and see what is getting credited. They run 20% cashback promotions several times a year, though they count against the same $1000 limit on cashback per 12 month period

ignaciom27
10/19/16

I shopped at Cuisinart and this came immediately right after this came up. They did not disclose upfront this was a monthly service that would cost $13. Tricky way to make business. I noticed three months after that they had been charging my CC. STAY FAR FAR AWAY from these questionable business.

philm51
10/16/16

These a**holes have been charging us &12.97 a month for a one time purchase at Kohls to save fricking 10% since last Christmas. WTF??????? How do they get away with this and now I can't get hardly 1/2 of it refunded. "you agreed to pay us when you clicked on free shipping from that vendor to save 10%"...wooohoooo . My next call is to Kohls, how do you agree to do business with companies like this?

reshmas1
9/29/16

Hi,

I ordered book from Valorebooks.com, it said I am eligible for free shipping and I got this bull$#*! freeshipping link. I had to fill up a form. Nothing was mentioned about any trial period or membership fees. I called customer service now. That lady was rude and not ready to give my refund. They deducted $12.97 from my account. Its a scam. I cancelled my membership to avoid future deduction and there is no way out there to delete the card details.
They are not even giving my money back.
They take money from you and claim to give the same money back as freeshipping? bull$#*!!!
I didn't even get the shipping charges back.
who will want to pay $12.97 for 3 dollars??
This website should be banned!!

sarahl173
9/15/16

I had signed up for freeshipping.com because a purchase of mine qualified for rebate. I didn't realize that I had to complete a rebate form to get the shipping refunded and the charge for the monthly membership appeared on my credit card statement. I contacted customer service and was on the phone for 6 minutes after a reasonable wait for rep to pick up. She was polite and helped me complete the rebate info to get my shipping rebate AND cancelled my membership with refund of the recent charge all within 6 minutes.
Impressive really.

davidd252
8/15/16

I have used FreeShipping for years. Get 10% always and sometimes 20% rebate on purchases from most larger retailers. Get shipping rebates up to 12 times a year up to 10$ for each order for each store. They have quickly addressed any problem but, for me problems are very rare. For me this saves 100$ of dollars per year. Sometimes over a 1000$

deborahg43
8/6/16

I have been a subscriber to this for over a year now. I have never ever felt as if it was a scam. The monthly fee is stated quite clearly before even signing up. If you follow the rules and submit the rebates as directed and shop using this site, it is quite beneficial. I have made well over the 12.97 a month fee for a profit of over 300.00 in a year, just shopping at where I normally shop, through their site. It is not hard, go shop, when you find what you want, then sign in to freeshipping.com and click on visit site...it is transferred. If you have a claim, then follow the instructions. I agree with another's post that people are just too fast on the trigger and want everything to be automatic, without even thinking about it. If you are looking for someone to just hold your hand and automatically give you something, then no, freeshipping is not for you. But if you are a smart shopper that can follow simple rules...you can make some big money back! It is up to the individual how much effort they want to put in to saving money.

katherined23
8/3/16

I am an very experienced buyer through Ebates / Coupon Cabin / Shop at Home / Fat Wallet.

Freeshipping.com is a sham! They make you jump through hoops and not one of over 20 purchases were automatically processed, "all" of the sites I listed above are "no hassle" once you set up and let them know where to send your check. I just cancelled with them today because the paperwork for each transaction is ridiculous and they charge you as well.

The others mentioned are very reliable and honest companies by the way, I check who has the best percentage and use them all, but I do buy quite a bit online. If you do not you may want to pick one. They all give percentages without you paying anything, no shipping re-imbursements however, but they are free to use and very reliable. So sorry I gave them an honest chance!

Below is my note to them:
COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE HASSLE TO DEAL WITH FILLING OUT A FORM EACH AND EVERY TIME! I USE EBATES / SHOP AT HOME / FAT WALLET.... ETC. FOR YEARS, NO ISSUES. WILL BE SURE TO LET THE WORLD SE ALL MY COPIED INFORMATION ON HOW MANY HOOPS YOU MAKE PEOPLE JUMP THROUGH... SUCH A MONTH OF MY WASTED TIME!!!

I BUY ALL THE TIME OFF THE INTERNET AND HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A SHAMBLES OF A COMPANY AND THE FIRST WOMAN I SPOKE TO ON THE PHONE HAD TO KEEP GOING BACK AND CHECKING ON YOU POLICY, REALLY??? YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW BY HEART YOUR OWN POLICY!!! HOW CAN YOU PUT PEOPLE LIKE THAT ON THE PHONE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS...

NO PURCHASE EVEN RECORDED, AND I AM TALKING MANY FROM AMAZON, HSN & EBAY.... YOU MEAN TO TELL ME NOTHING RECORDED... FOR SHIPPING OR REBATES... REALLY NOTHING OF ABOUT 20 PURCHASES AT LEAST, NOT ONE RECORDED?

WILL COPY ALL DOCUMENTATION AND SHARE ON YOU TUBE... LET THE WORLD SEE HOW YOU TRULY WORK, AND I DID READ THE REVIEWS... AND STILL GAVE YOU A TRY, MY MISTAKE!

wafiei
7/20/16

this is the worst thing I've ever done. Waste of money.

johnw492
7/16/16

Don't fall for this place. It's just a scam to make you sign up and pay a monthly fee. AVOID at all costs!!!!

joannes55
7/14/16

The negative reviews about this very legitimate business just points out the state of intelligence of most of the population in the 21st century. If their hands aren't held and they're not slowly and carefully explained everything verbally, then they call it a scam. What? They have to read terms and conditions? There's not supposed to be reading. If they give their credit card information, it's not their fault if it's charged, even when the terms and conditions fully explain the TERMS AND CONDITIONS! These people are in serious trouble when they find themselves alone in the big wide world without anybody holding their hands and explaining everything to them due to their illiteracy. Do they really think they'll get away with not paying their mortgage because nobody told them what they were signing? Freeshipping.com is a completely legitimate business that doesn't deserve to be reviewed by people who choose to be uninformed.

dank70
7/7/16

I signed up for this not knowing that there would be a $13 monthly membership fee. There was no disclosure that there would be a monthly fee, asking for my credit card number for future purchases only! Do not register for freeshipping.com. THERE SHOULD BE AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS SCAM COMPANY.

maryb310
7/2/16

I was reviewing my bank account and saw a $12.97 charge regularly for the last 6 months for something called FreeShipping. Since I had no clue what it was, or why I was paying it (shame on me!), I called. I have NO recollection of signing up for this service and immediately canceled. I'm checking next month to make sure it's canceled, but thankfully that wasn't a problem. I guess I deserve to pay for something if I'm not actively/regularly checking my account. Dummy me; smart scam.

amyn37
6/25/16

I've been a paying member of FreeShipping.com for over 3 years. I will gladly display my check stubs & account history to clear up any questions about the legitimacy of their services & benefits. Here's what anyone who considers using their services, needs to know:
1. They offer a 7-day free trial & clearly state that you'll be charged after the initial 7-days.
2. Many of their participating retailers offer free shipping by clicking thru the FreeShipping.com site. However, many of them do not- This is where the "shipping rebate" comes in. You fill out a simple (10 second) form & forward them a copy of your email reciept. You can claim up to $10 per valid purchase (i.e, if your shipping charge is $15, you'll only get $10 rebated; if your shipping charge is $4.97, you'll get $4.97 rebated.) 6-8 weeks later, you get a check in the mail. (Note: Sometimes, multiple rebates will be combined into one check; Also note that the rebates are totally separate from the "cash back" which is distributed quarterly.)
3. The "cash back" benefit is literally, second to none. I am a member of 13 different cash-back sites which offer free memberships. I have only used 3 of those 13 in the last 2 years due to some particular retailers not being part of FreeShipping.com's cash-back network. If you shop online a lot & the stores you shop are listed on FreeShipping.com, the service pays for itself. The membership fee is $12.97 per month ($155.64 per year). I maxed out my cash back limit last year ($1000) and that's not counting my shipping rebates which totalled AT LEAST $200 (probably more.) I'd say that the $1044.36 that FreeShipping.com put back in my pocket (only counting the year 2015) disqualifies any "scam" theories that are referenced in any of the other reviews.

Tip for consumers: They also offer "bonus cash back" at different times where then cash back is increased to 20% for either one particular retailer, a group of retailers (usually 30 stores) or all of their retailers!

fritzlep
6/20/16

Went to get charges taken off because goddamn Valorebooks.com lured me into this website, and was only able to get back three out of the five unauthorized charges that were made onto my account. No, I never signed up for a free trial, it simply said I could get my shipping charges back from Valore and asked for my Valore order information but I never even utilized it. 'Tis shady af and I'm on a college budget so of course I'm angry they are even allowed to do this. Sure the customer service was great though so the two stars are for that chick on the phone only. P.S. Valorebooks.com just lost a customer, bye.

josuem7
6/14/16

best rebate service you people need to learn how to read instead of clicking everything that say free shipping

rebeccae28
6/12/16

I signed up for freeshipping.com for the Pro Flowers shipping rebate on 5/5/2016. On 6/5/2016, I recieved a monthly charge of $12.97. I called their customer service (1-800-869-5597) ready for battle after reading some of the other reviews. Surprisingly, the customer service rep, Katrina, was extremely helpful! She informed me that you are automatically signed up for a monthly subscription unless you cancel it during the trial period, which is apparently outlined during enrollment. She unsubscribed me and reimbursed the $12.97 since I had not used the service. The call took me less than 5 minutes.

All in all, the company is a bit shady by automatically signing people up for a service but they did rectify the problem.

meganw44
6/5/16

I had purchased a Mother's Day gift at the very beginning of May and the gift had a $15 shipping charge that they said could be returned via freeshipping.com but to get the rebate you would have to get a membership to freeshipping. I agreed to it until I got an email back from them after I sent in the order confirmation and my freeshipping claim number and it had said that it would take 3 to 6 weeks to get my refund??? What's the point of getting the rebate if you're gonna charge me $12 the next month??? Anyway, I called the customer service line and asked the status of my rebate because I hadn't seen it come into my account yet and the lady was super nice while she was telling me that it just got approved today....28 days after I sent it in. So I asked if I could cancel the membership so I wouldn't just get $3 back on that shipping charge. She immediately switched her attitude to rude and talked like she was annoyed with me. Didn't appreciate that but it doesn't make sense to pay that monthly $12 charge to just get $3 back. And when I tried to cancel my membership online, it said that it was unavailable twice.

carolh91
6/4/16

I purchased some flowers and elected to use this service to get a discount on the shipping of the flowers. I didn't realize that I had inadvertently signed up for a monthly subscription service, so was billed 12.97 for several months until I realized what was going on. I feel tricked into these charges. I never used the service after the first month. Watch out.

rhondab29
6/4/16

I absolutely love free shipping, if you're someone who always order online, it's a great money saver. I love seeing my checks come in. Most times I forget I have a check coming as it's a great surprise. Especially recommend at Christmas

elizabeths143
6/4/16

Don't give your cc out for somethings that's supposed to be a rebate

51 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question