Review of EyeBuyDirect

Tel: 1-855-393-2891
eyecare@eyebuydirect.com

ruwans
6/26/17

I purchased the "Plateau" metal frames 3 weeks ago, and a screw has already fallen out, along with one of the nosepieces. I tried picking up a replacement screw from the drugstore, but the standard screws are the wrong diameter to fit this frame. When I submitted the problem to support I received the following response:
"Welcome to EyeBuyDirect and thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to inform you that we do not have available screw for your frame. We suggest to check your local eye store if they can provide for you."

So bottom line, the frames are cheap, will fall apart within a month, and they will not attempt to help you when they do. Be warned.

davidh530
6/25/17

Returned a pair of silver line with uneven bifocils. At first I was told I could not return them and then was contacted with e mail to return them and sent a mail in address. That was very nice and it took a month for them to be returned. The drilling on the lens was exactly the same as the pair I sent back, exactly 1/16 off on exactly the same lens. That seems impossible, so here is what happened, they returned the origional glasses thinking I would not notice. This is at least ten pairs of glasses we have purchased with no complaints. Just so you know that I know. Will keep them.

sheilac45
6/23/17

I've purchased 7 glasses from this website and have done multiple returns and replacements with no issues. The returns have been due to me either not liking the style of the frame and 2 of the super thin plastic frames cracking. While I was disappointed that the frames cracked, the customer service reps were awesome to deal with (all done through a couple of emails back and forth) and quick to replace. I chose more sturdy acetate frames and they have been fine.

The prescription has been pretty much spot on with all the lenses. And I have a fairly heavy duty prescription with progressives no lines for reading.

I know others have complained but I feel the lenses have been very good and cut precisely. The price of the glasses are 1/4 the price I paid for glasses through my eye doctor and the box retail eyewear store.

If you are going for top rated designer brands, you won't find them here. However, if you like multiple different styles to swap out - EyebuyDirect does a nice job.

saraha152
6/21/17

I'm not sure why Eye Buy Direct has gotten such bad reviews. I bought two pairs of glasses (Aurora and Fitzgerald) for under $90. It took less than two weeks to get to me - this includes prep time. I was seriously impressed by the prescription and quality of the glasses.

bb166
6/21/17

I received my order within 1.5 weeks of ordering. I suspect reviewers who had longer shipment times had more complex orders or specific requests for their lenses. The glasses were good quality, and came in beautiful packaging. I also recommend the glasses cases that they sell. Great price -- much better than buying in most stores. Will definitely be making another purchase next time I need new glasses.

christopherd69
6/18/17

I ordered a pair of glasses around April 23 and got them 4 weeks later. The prescription was totally wrong. They sent a replacement pair, the prescription was even more wrong. And again it took 4 weeks. 8 weeks later I realized, this company is likely making our glasses in China. 1. Nothing takes 4 weeks to make and ship on the Internet these days. Eyebuydirect sends these emails about how they are crafting carefully your glasses. The problem is when you order your replacement pair the standard crafting message appears (giveaway). 2. The packaging is extremely nice, e.g. factory extremely nice. no errors in packing at all (e.g. machine - not person) 3. Pretty sure the emails are a scam.

This is the building for EyeBuyDirect:

Does it look like the made 500,000 pairs of glasses from there? An empty store front? Pretty sure this company is not legit.

Update: I took my glasses to my Optometrist and they completely forgot to add part of the prescription to the glasses the ADD for OD/OS was not included in either set of glasses. I contacted them for a third replacement and they refused a third replacement without additional payments. I am sending glasses back and started a chargeback through my bank. EyeBuyDirect should be avoided at all costs.

krissyp1
6/11/17

I bought the MINUIT sunglasses; the whole process of getting them- went to where I got my prescription done and asked for a print out of my prescription (they legally have to give you one if you ask b/c it is your medical record, fyi!), then picked out a pair of glasses after using the virtual try on with my mac webcam, stuck it in my cart and put in my prescription which is super simple, hit order and received eyebuydirect's courteous email updates about the making and shipping process and what was happening with my pair of glasses, They came in the mail in 5 days, exactly as the website says in a lovely little box full equipped with in a scratch resistant bag and a little screw tool for the the side screws incase they fall off. The glasses themselves are great, lenses are awesome (clear, absolutely no imperfections, and no glare lenses). The price is such a bonus to the whole package. I have already recommended this website service to friends and family. 10/10!

Tip for consumers: Use the visual try on! It was super helpful

ashleyd107
6/8/17

I had order 2 pairs of glasses because they where having a BOGO promo for there "11th anniversary",
When I went to check out, my BF said he would buy them for me and to put it on his card... Well I did and then got a pop up saying it was declined because the name on the card wasn't the same on the order. So I ended up just putting it on card, It went though I got my confirmation email, But then my bf is showing me that they did charge his card. So I called customer service and they told me to wait 48 hours for a refund to his card. I called after the 48 hours and still no refund, then was told that I was given the wrong information and to call his bank. Called the bank, they said to call them. So I called back, they said ok they need proof of the charge so I send them pics to several different emails they gave me. They still said they haven't received anything. So I asked "well I still need a refund so how else can I get u the proof?" It sounded like they didn't really know what to say or do, so they said that someone would contact me about it. Never received a call. It's been a nonstop back-and-forth, around and around in circles with them. Still no refund! Horrible customer service!

veronicac47
6/8/17

I bought 2 pair in Feburary. Loved the idea of not paying hundreds of dollars on my expensive prescription. When they arrived I liked the crisp lenses. One pair had a complete wrong RX. The other pair... well I am on my 4th super glue excursion and it's not going to work. So 4 MONTHS of glasses and I going to have to buy glasses. Not such a deal after all.

jcc24
6/6/17

Got the glasss frames broke within week. They replaced them. New glasses came again frames broke within week. But of course they only give you a one time replacement. They have the absolute worst quality. The reading glasses I buy at the dollar store are better!

sakik
5/29/17

I shopped twice st EBD and I've been loving them so much. My first online eyeglasses order was from this. Since it was a really successful purcashe and I've got so many compliments on my glasses, I use this website to buy my prescribed glasses. Prescription is accurate and perfect fit for my eyes ( though you put the same prescription numbers, lenses sometimes don't fit). I think EBD manufacturers do great job on making lenses and their customer service is one of the best among online business.
Their shipping takes about 1-2 weeks depending on your lense types and they always give you detailed order status.
Since I found this website I got into collecting glasses as a fashion item thanks to their unique collections of frames and prices.
I recommend EBD for those who never ordered glasses online. Also their blue light cut lenses are so good that my eyes no longer get hurt or tired while I work on my computer.
I'll definitely order from here

mahoganiew1
5/25/17

Iv ordered to pairs of frames now , they came within a week and paided to install my own lenses , but there glasses or cheap cuz the frames broke less than a week later when i was at work , but when i contated them in person on the phone , they sent me another pair of my chocie high / low priced , free shipping and apologized, i appricate thrm for that but their frames are pretty cheap

ethana14
5/19/17

I thought this would be a perfect website to order from. They have beautiful frames with amazing photos and great prices. It seemed like an amazing deal. I ordered a pair that was $32 + a fancy $19 lens. $51 in total. I used a coupon to get a discount which gave me 15% off and free shipping. Seems great, right?

Well, I tried to check out, and it said "the communication with the payment gateway is experiencing a network delay," and it (seemed to) not put my order through, because the item was still in my cart. I tried it again and again, on different days and different computers, and nothing. Finally, my card was charged for the first one. But I received an email saying they hadn't received payment. I checked my recent orders and lo and behold, there were 2 identical orders (one was more because my coupon "expired" despite me never having submitted an order) that both said payment pending.

Emailing them for customer service is futile, because they never answer your questions. They just send you back pointless remarks. I sent them screenshots of the error message I was receiving, and telling them what was going on, and all they did was restore my coupon and remind me my payment wasn't received without even acknowledging my problem. I tried to call them the next day.

The customer service phone number seemed extremely unprofessional. The automated voice sounded like it had been recorded in a bathroom with bad acoustics, and the music is probably the first result on Google for "hold music." Then I was connected with a representative, and she had an Asian accent. Now, I wouldn't really notice this normally, but this company was already seeming very suspicious, and this just added to it, since there are a lot of companies who will scam you that work out of Asia. She kept insisting that the payment hadn't been received even though it charged to my card. Where did the money go? Who knows. I told her to just cancel the orders and I would try again. The money didn't return to my bank account even after cancelling the orders, so I had to call the credit card company and ask them to block the payment (since it hadn't been processed but was pending). The credit card company now has them on a list.

I want to buy the frames that I chose, but this website is so suspicious and had such bad service, there's no way I can. I recommend Zenni Optical. I've ordered from them before and the glasses were great quality; I'm ordering from there again this time.

Tip for consumers: Use Zenni Optical instead.

davidq16
5/16/17

It's been great I recommend it my roommate told me about whole considering glasses USA it was the way to go love how we advance in our country. Changes are good and got go with it eye buy direct*****

bonniem68
5/14/17

I was very pleased with Eyebuydirect. "Trying on" frame styles using a selfie on my iPad was such fun. I found a frame that I loved for an unbelievable price. It was easy to fill out information from my prescription & measure the distance between my pupils. Purchasing through PayPal was a snap and shipping was fast (free with my first-timer coupon!). I lost my pricey new prescription glasses that I had gotten through my Dr.'s optical department somewhere on return flights from Hawaii and I can't believe how lucky I am to have gotten quality replacements through Eyebuydirect for around $50!

as5094
5/7/17

A pair of glasses can be good qualit, finely-crafted acetate and not cost a kings ransom.for $400 I might be able to get one pair of progressives but for $350 at EBD, I can purchase three pair of glasses adapted to different purposes and all appealing. The chat and phone service was competent and helpful and honest. When I asked what the difference between photochromic and transitions lenses was I got it straight and accurate answer. Thank you!

tamn7
5/4/17

I bought a pair, cost $120.21. I have the special lens. Waited for 2 weeks, nothing came. Later I emailed the Customer Service, they said the glasses will be coming in 3 more days. I was frustrated because they have lied about the delivery speed. I also paid for delivery (USPS First Class). Kept that in mind, I waited for another 2 weeks. Guess what? NOTHING CAME IN THE FUKING MAIL. I emailed them again. Well, they said, "We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Look like there is a trouble with the delivery." Okay. So I waited again for ANOTHER FUKING 2 weeks. GUESS WHAT? NOTHING! Yup I sent them complaints. The lady just emailed back some pointless words such as we will hurry our technicians to make you another back up pair. I was like okay. Then I waited for ANOTHER FUKING 2 WEEKKKSS AND A FUKING HALF. WELL GUESS WHAT? NOTHING CAME! "Where is my back-up glasses?"-I emailed. Well, some pointless words again. This is when I suspect them to be professional theft. I check the reviews, there are so many people having the same problem. Delivery speed and that.

Okay okay. So after FUKING 2 months and 1 week later, my glasses came. Holy $#*!! Even my grandma runs faster than this. Check the glasses. Yep! Lens made from China. Frame made from China. I tried it on. It felt sturdy. Let's go with it.

(1 week later)

GUESS WHAT? THIS COMPANY HIRED TECHNICIANS WHO CAN'T PROPERLY PUT A SCREW IN. Okay, cheap frame from Walmart last longer than this. Screw just flew right off. Good thing I caught it thou. I spent my money and time for this piece of shjt that does not worth more than 40 dollars.

Just stay away please. Shjtty quality. If there is a rating for delivery. I would recommend this site if you like SUPERBLY SLOW delivery (would rate 1000000/10 for this slow speed).

Returned the pair. Shjt site honestly.

cs173
5/4/17

I was referred by a friend to this site for reasonably prices bi-focals. The site had a very decent try before you buy interface (upload a pic to try out lenses) and it also offered me the chance to put in more accurate pupil distances for both eyes. That said, when a technical issue prevented me from appropriately allocating a referral credit to my friend (who had simply sent me the URL) I thought that was a something I could just point our to customer service. Their service both in Live Chat and on the telephone was abysmal. There was only one way to do things, and since we had not done it that way- we were not going to help. So I cancelled my existing order, and they truly had no interest in helping me any further. I am so relieved to know that I did not purchase from them- as the site may be slick- but the people behind it are not. I would not recommend doing business with this company,

roberts597
5/2/17

I am happy to say I've bought my 3rd pair of glasses from EyeBuyDirect and they look and work great just like the other 2 pairs in the past! Quality at a great price! Don't waist your money going anywhere else!

carolc120
5/2/17

It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to exchange or return glasses despite what EBD's policy is. I'm out over $400 and have nothing to show gor it. I'm waiting for authorization to return and can't seem to get it.

Do not buy from this business!

carolanng
4/25/17

4/24/17
Purchased two pair of glasses from Eye Buy Direct .
First pair has been great, second pair no tso much. Arm snapped off after only wearing them once. They replaced them ..no charge (same glasses) and they broke again in same exact spot .
Will not be ordering another pair from this site.

anns131
4/19/17

My son had the frames just snap (cheap made). I emailed and was asked for a ton of information. They Ok'd a one time replacement pair. I sent all the info for a new pair. I was told they would process the order. After 3 weeks I asked what the status was for his glasses. I was told they never processed the order and blamed me for not providing a color (which I did). I tried to reorder and every frame I tried to order was out of stock. They then offered me what they had available at a higher price. I decided to go with this and was told it would be $87 for the lens. Crazy! A replacement pair for $105 plus shipping!!! I went with Walmart and found the exact pair for $38 and free shipping.

alm497
4/19/17

I paid for the 1.6 ultra thin lens. When I got it and compared it to my other lenses it is more like 1.5. The frames are cheap. Their sizes seem off, order smaller than you think. But it is easy to return glasses. Just email for label. Still, I think I'll just stick with Zenni for now on.

johnj370
4/11/17

Don't let other bad reviews scare you off. It is a decent business that gets the job done. EBD is an amazing place to buy glasses at an affordable price, of course, you will not get the same quality as a $400 pair but their still good glasses that can last. The customer service is great, I wanted to return my glasses within the 14 days and I got my refund in 3 business days, and I just bought another pair. The bad thing is that it takes about 2 weeks for your glasses to get to you, but hey I would rather pay $80 for a pair of glasses and wait 2 weeks than paying $400 for ONE pair. And if you think they wear off easily, just buy a couple of pairs and have backups. You can buy three pairs and you will still end up saving money.

vinced14
4/7/17

I've bought prescription glasses from this company several times over the last 5 years, never a disappointment. I've had to return a pair before, the return service was simple. You get what you pay for in terms of quality; if the frames are cheap compared to other frames from EBD, the build quality will be cheap. I'd recommend them, you're not rolling a dice, your order arrives promptly and in the allotted timeframe.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

So far I have not had a problem. I have ordered 5 pairs. All were nice and came within 8 days. I even took first pair to my dr to check the rx. Maybe Im just lucky or maybe when you deal in volume problems start to occur. I advise anyone ordering to choose the frames that are in the Rfkt line. Chose any lenses that are not the 6.95 and make sure to get your PD number from your dr. If its incorrect your glasses will be blurry.I do own cheaper pairs from here , but prefer this RFLT line. I did chat with customer service online once. I had no problems. Love how they keep you updated on your status. Also nice to know $2 donated ftom each pair you purchase to help someone else see. Great to always search on google for coupin codes or buy on a BOGO sale.

By MELANIE L. on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

I ordered two pair and wanted to have them filled at Costco. Costco labs said they were substandard quality and would not refill them. Paid $15 for one pair and $32 for the other.

By S Y. on 7/29/16
Helpful answer

Mine took unbelievably 7 days to New Zealand!So fast!

By sally B. on 6/12/16
Helpful answer

I suppose you already figured this out, but just in case, what you need to do is check the box that says "Two PD Numbers" first.

By Carlos d. on 2/21/17

Austin, TX

By JAMIE W. on 8/1/16
Helpful answer

As it's online only, you can't physically try on the frames. You CAN however upload a picture of your face and the site superimposes an image of the glasses on your face. It's not as good as physically trying them on, but it gives you an idea of what they'll look like.

By andrew f. on 2/15/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other customers.

6 Photos for EyeBuyDirect