US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

johnj331
12/7/16

I ordered two pairs of prescription glasses, total for both was around $100. One frame was decent quality, the other looked cheap and after just a couple of months proved to be cheap. It spontaneously cracked one day. EBD has a good customer service team and they are very friendly and helpful. They offered to do a replacement but I don't feel like ordering from them anymore, so went to Costco instead for quality designer frames + prescription lenses that cost around $120 total.

Tip for consumers: They will allow for a one-time free replacement on your glasses.

sarahh210
11/19/16

I was hesitant t o buy my reading glasses online, but after I got a 15% off and free shipping by signing up for their emails I decided to give it a try. My glasses came out to $18 and they shipped in about nine days. I love to track my packages and they had nice email updates that let you know what step your glasses were in. If I need another pair I'll totally use this site again.

davidb591
11/18/16

bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses and two pairs prescription sun glasses, after a few month the first two pairs the frames split, and were replaced, now the third frame of the sunglasses has split.
i just could not believe this has happened.

they told me they would not be able to place, yet thesee pairs have never ever beeen used

stay well away from these

laurae35
11/13/16

I ordered my first pair of glasses and they were shipped and delivered on time! I was sent an email with he status of the glasses and delivery every step of the way. They arrived in a cute case, as pictured and fit perfect! Very satisfied!

sydneyl18
10/28/16

I honestly love EBD. I now own 6 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses from them (all with my own money) and I get compliments every time I wear them. I have had NO problems with them- returns were easy when I did not like how the glasses looked, they immediately made me new ones when my local post office lost my order, and I am currently exchanging a couple I bought during the BOGO. My prescription has been spot on every time, and I could not be happier with the quality, processing time, and customer service.

They do say "Free replacement, free shipping, no questions asked," but customer service does indeed ask for a reason why you want to send them back. It doesn't matter whether the reason is that you don't like the style or if they don't fit, but you do need to give a reason. I think they do this just for their own purposes to keep track of the problems people have with various frames.

If you want to try it, you can use my code IFYNEJPPS5 for $10 off, no strings attached. I was not paid or asked to write this review, I just feel strongly enough to recommend them to everyone.

janetl44
10/17/16

Was skeptical about ordering glasses online. Struck out with first pair and exercised the one time replacement option which was a painless interaction via email with customer service rep. Ordered second pair and voila - perfect out of the box. Couldn't fit any better. Eyebuydirect is my go to for eyeglasses from here on out.

Tip for consumers: Check out the numbers on your current eyeglasses and use those dimensions to pick new ones.

lisab278
10/17/16

Great company as long as you do not have a problem....have a problem, try to get it resolved! good luck buddy...1 arm fell off my glasses...just like that....just DROPPED off. At the same time, my spare pair came in and they were huge....i am now on my 18th email to this company over a period of 24 hours.....NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION and i sincerely believe their customer service is enjoying this....i have had 5 different people respond to my emails....crazy...

danielf83
9/20/16

I was very, very, uncertain when I first ordered glasses from the company. After 50+ years of essentially getting robbed by the B&M places however, I decided to take a chance.

I have been nothing but pleases with the experience. I purchased several pair of glasses and will definitely do so in the future. My interactions w/ the personnel has been great as well. These folks seem to understand the customer service concept.

Thank you very much...dwf

yutingy
8/18/16

I don't understand the negative reivews. I just recieved mine today and the process from order to arrival was like 15 days.

I got the Indian Creek and Carla style after 25% and upgraded lenses was only.. the same lenses that VisionWorks charged like 400$ for LoL. I brought a 600$ (frame and lenses) from VisionWork 2015 of March.

Broke down in July from the ledge of the glasses like it just snapped off and I had to make do with krazy glue..but my hair kept getting stuck in the glue plus it always broke down a few days afterward so I used nail polish. Such hassle.

So I finally decided to try something online. Holy cow was there so many option, but eyebuydirect did offered the best value for computer lenses and those 1.6 thin index lenses. So I went with them.

After I order, I decided to snoop around the review sites for them and boy they were most 1 stars. LOL imagine the panic mode I was in.

But thankfully none of that happened. And my order was smooth and I got my perfect glasses for only about 42$ each!!

Compare to those 600$ these glasses actually stays on my nose and I don't need to constantly use my middle finger to up my glasses anymore lOl!

So yes I will be ordering from them to try the different styles and because of their prices.

Do not trust all those negative reviews, I work in the customer service part in a resturant. And yup..customers loves to "magicifly" their complaints to sound extra horrifying. LOL.

There was a mishap where I was charged 3 times from EyebuyDirect because on ordering I clicked "back" twice on ordering because I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway I contacted them and they cancelled all the charges.

Awesome customer service!

emilyh58
8/10/16

I recently ordered a pair of glasses from this company and they came quickly but the prescription was wrong. So I called the number that was provided because I wanted to return them. I thought this would be no big deal because I received an email from them that said no questions asked about returns. When a person picked up the phone I told them I would like to return them. And the person asked what was wrong with them. I was a little confused because I thought no questions would be asked. I told the person that the prescription was wrong and I would like to return them. The person then told me to check with my optometrist. Which didn't make a lot of sense. My optometrist gave me the prescription, why would it be wrong? I have trusted my optometrist for years. And the guy pretty much refused to give me the information on how to send them back until I checked with my optometrist. I said thank you very much and hung up. I tried to be polite about the whole thing but I just want my money back. This has really turned me away from buying glasses online. UPDATE: I went to my optometrist and they said that the left lens prescription was wrong. I double checked the info that I gave Eyebuydirect and I put everything in correctly. They were the one who screwed up.

jenniferb103
8/4/16

I first ordered a month ago, two pairs and I typed my prescription in wrong. They sent me two new pairs for free and they are amazing!! I love them! Since my experience was so good I then ordered prescription sun glasses which came a week later and im in love. Anywhere else here in calgary I would pay up to 500$ a pair. I spent a total of 180$ with eye buy direct for 2 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of prescription sunglasses!!! Its a dream come true!! Didnt break the bank and I didnt have to wait too long for them to arrive!! Ill be ordering from them from now on!

jackied48
7/26/16

My glasses screw fell out within 6 months because they were not made properly.
When I messaged a customer service representative, they placed me on hold and never got back to me.
The sunglasses I ordered were lopsided and don't fit well either.

I thought they were both great - but glasses should last longer than 6 months.

sallyb54
7/15/16

Was very nervous ordering frameless progressive glasses on line!I ordered the glasses July 8th and couldn,t believe it when they got delivered July 15th! to New Zealand!I love them!They cost me $300 compared to $1800 I paid here!The variety and styles at EyeBuy Direct is fantastic,will certainly recommend to others!Fantastic service,very impressed!

joycel39
7/5/16

I have bought 4 pairs of progressive lens previously & a pair of sunglasses. My new pair is totally useless. I am returning them to have normal bi-focal replacement which I really don't want but that is the only option available. The progressive lens they now provide have ONLY PD focus which means you cannot see laterally. That means you can only see straight forward. You have to turn your head left or right to see as the focus is ONLY STRAIGHT AHEAD. Beware anyone who has progressive lens....they won't be what you have been used to.

UPDATE: The standard bi-focal were even worse! Looking down was particularly dangerous. I stumbled many times in the house & tripped going UP the stairs. I then asked for a refund. They then asked me to TAKE A PICTURE OF MYSELF LOOKING FORWARD & TO THE SIDE so they could determine how I looked thru the glasses...WTF!!? I got back an email requesting the same info. I told them AGAIN I didn't want to go thru fooling around with getting 1 pair of glasses...just please credit my account; which they did. I give them 2 stars only because they FINALLY did credit my account.

monicae9
6/11/16

From order to delivery was a great experience. I was notified every step of the process and glasses were delivered one day earlier than notified. Will be ordering more glasses. Oh, the prices are really GREAT!!!

maggieb31
5/22/16

I loved my glasses, but unfortunately they lost a screw and came apart about a month later. i send an email and they replaced them with in twenty four hours of my email. They were quick and understanding, which is really important when you only wear glasses. Despite the mishap the glasses are great quality and loo great.

jenicam
5/21/16

I was never sure about this website, reading the reviews from here I was worried. But goodness I had such an amazing experience, they came fast & they look amazing! The only thing that didn't work for me, was the UPS tracking number, they sent me thru an email. But when I went to the eye buy direct website it worked! Thank you so much eyedirect! I looooveee my sunglasses!

kayw24
5/10/16

Even though I had doubts about ordering glasses online, I thought I would just buy a really cheap pair to test out the baseline quality. I read a lot of reviews after I placed my order and became apprehensive, even though I only spent a total of 37 dollars. However, my glasses arrived today, just eight days after I placed the order, and they appear to be sturdy, and the lenses seem to be correct. I ordered the Grace frames ($9) with the most-popular lenses ($18). I do have a rather simple prescription, just a -4.00 correction in one eye and -3.50 in the other with no astigmatism correction, and no progressive or bifocal lenses, so the speed in which they were delivered may be attributable in part to that, but even if I had to wait three weeks or so, the price is unbeatable. I wear contacts essentially all of the time, so for a simple pair to be worn around the house, I think these are just fine. Don't order a thirty-dollar pair, expecting a two-hundred-dollar pair, and you won't be disappointed. Definitely would buy again.

millier4
4/30/16

GREAT PRICES ON EYE LENSES

michellel125
4/29/16

I have to rave about this company. I first bought glasses online thru EBD a few years ago with no problems. Wonderful! Time came again for a new pair and with the prices so low I treated myself to sunglasses. The regular pair came with no issues, love them! The sunglasses, however, came and were not done correctly. I contacted them and without question the order was fixed and sent right away. Well, the replacement pair came and again, they were not right. Again, contacted the online help, thinking maybe they were going to charge me since this was the second time, but NO! they were wonderful. No problem with a replacement and helpful suggestions from the online Cynthia I talked to. Can't say enough good things about this company, they stand by their product for sure!

breezew
4/22/16

This company is devoted to customer satisfaction. They offer full refunds including shipping charges where the customer is not satisfied and bend over backwards to achieve satisfaction. They even permit customers to adjust the frames and still get a refund. Many of their frames, especially the sunglasses, look expensive. Most frames are quite deep, consistent with the current trend of "geek chic." I prefer shallower full rim frames more classical than trendy. This company deserves credit for its good faith and fair dealing. I think EyeBuyDirect.com is the best of the online optical businesses of its kind.

rods23
4/13/16

I have to admit my first pair of glasses from them were somewhat dodgy. The plastic case they came in was crushed, a lense was separated from the frame, and I thought well it was a good deal for a pair of backup glasses.

Over time I have ordered additional glasses and the most recent pair was ordered back in August 2015. I LOVED those glasses. A beautiful frame, very sturdy, and I even have people come up to me and want to know where I got them. I have a very tough prescription and it seemed spot on to me.

Recently, I messed up my glasses and had literally put a duplicate order in my cart when I thought it might be interesting to contact them and see what can be done. Eyebuydirect was very helpful, they worked with me on a more than fair set of replacement glasses and even offered to let me select a different frame if I wanted.

I was so moved by their support and their developed business sense that I had to seek out an opportunity to report their great support. My advice, if you want some cheap backup glasses, then be advised the frame will appear cheap. If you step up to their higher quality, then that is what you will receive.

Tip for consumers: Increase your budget and you will get a multiple back in product. My retail glasses have been in the $500 range. I bought a great pair from eyebuydirect for $130. I recommend them.

terryb93
4/11/16

I ordered a pair of reading glasses and 5 weeks later they came in the mail, completely wrong lenses. This was the second order first one was fine. Now they have no recollection of my order and no records of it at all. Want me to send a copy of my perscription and now want me to pay more because they screwed up. I called and asked to speak to an associate who would not listen to a word I said and tried giving me a speach that has been taught to them to say, I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for 5 more minutes then she came back and said she was sorry but the supervisor was busy. Very poor customer service and horrendous record keeping. I will never order a thing from them again. SAVE YOUR MONEY....

jamiew37
4/6/16

Customer service was great from Day 1. I had my eye on the $6 "Doc" frames in light purple and the $9 "Delaware" frames in floral. Lo and behold, Delaware floral frames sold out. I contacted customer service again via FB, and they responded within a couple hours to tell me if/when the frames would be back in stock. 2 days later, there they were with a few back in stock.

I ordered regular prescriptions in the Doc, and prescription gradient sunglasses with the Delaware, with anti-reflective, UV, anti-scratch in both. Total purchase after the discount and with standard shipping was $48. They sent emails every step of the way, let me know how long each step would take to complete, and what to expect next.

13 days later, my order arrived. Glasses were EXCELLENT--perfect fit, lightweight, exactly as pictured, and spot-on prescription. I get compliments on them all the time, and they are the "favorites" of many (I ordered from several online glasses stores for the first time.) No one can believe the Docs were only $6 frames, as they are in no way "cheap."

Tip for consumers: Check for sales and coupons!

yesical
4/5/16

It was my first time purchasing glasses online so I was a little concerned but they came out perfect. They fit just right too and i received them in Exactly 7 Days the only thing i don't recommend is to pay for the tracking number because they automatically Email you to tell you in what process your glasses are and i read that if you do pay for the tracking number you get a Fake tracking number so save your money and don't pay for it. I hope everyone else has a great experience if it is your first time purchasing glasses online.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question