US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

krystalp3

The customer service, both phone and instant chat is awesome. (in 17 reviews)

richardn26

I have purchased maybe 10-12 pairs of glasses from Eye-Buy-Direct and the service is excellent. (in 53 reviews)

christined41

When it does not fit, they send an other pair as simple as that (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jackied48
7/26/16

My glasses screw fell out within 6 months because they were not made properly.
When I messaged a customer service representative, they placed me on hold and never got back to me.
The sunglasses I ordered were lopsided and don't fit well either.

I thought they were both great - but glasses should last longer than 6 months.

sallyb54
7/15/16

Was very nervous ordering frameless progressive glasses on line!I ordered the glasses July 8th and couldn,t believe it when they got delivered July 15th! to New Zealand!I love them!They cost me $300 compared to $1800 I paid here!The variety and styles at EyeBuy Direct is fantastic,will certainly recommend to others!Fantastic service,very impressed!

joycel39
7/5/16

I have bought 4 pairs of progressive lens previously. My new pair is totally useless. I am returning them to have normal bi-focal replacement which I really don't want but that is the only option available. The progressive lens they now provide have ONLY PD focus which means you cannot see laterally. That means you can only see straight forward. You have to turn your head left or right to see as the focus is ONLY STRAIGHT AHEAD. Beware anyone who has progressive lens....they won't be what you have been used to.

monicae9
6/11/16

From order to delivery was a great experience. I was notified every step of the process and glasses were delivered one day earlier than notified. Will be ordering more glasses. Oh, the prices are really GREAT!!!

maggieb31
5/22/16

I loved my glasses, but unfortunately they lost a screw and came apart about a month later. i send an email and they replaced them with in twenty four hours of my email. They were quick and understanding, which is really important when you only wear glasses. Despite the mishap the glasses are great quality and loo great.

jenicam
5/21/16

I was never sure about this website, reading the reviews from here I was worried. But goodness I had such an amazing experience, they came fast & they look amazing! The only thing that didn't work for me, was the UPS tracking number, they sent me thru an email. But when I went to the eye buy direct website it worked! Thank you so much eyedirect! I looooveee my sunglasses!

kayw24
5/10/16

Even though I had doubts about ordering glasses online, I thought I would just buy a really cheap pair to test out the baseline quality. I read a lot of reviews after I placed my order and became apprehensive, even though I only spent a total of 37 dollars. However, my glasses arrived today, just eight days after I placed the order, and they appear to be sturdy, and the lenses seem to be correct. I ordered the Grace frames ($9) with the most-popular lenses ($18). I do have a rather simple prescription, just a -4.00 correction in one eye and -3.50 in the other with no astigmatism correction, and no progressive or bifocal lenses, so the speed in which they were delivered may be attributable in part to that, but even if I had to wait three weeks or so, the price is unbeatable. I wear contacts essentially all of the time, so for a simple pair to be worn around the house, I think these are just fine. Don't order a thirty-dollar pair, expecting a two-hundred-dollar pair, and you won't be disappointed. Definitely would buy again.

millier4
4/30/16

GREAT PRICES ON EYE LENSES

michellel125
4/29/16

I have to rave about this company. I first bought glasses online thru EBD a few years ago with no problems. Wonderful! Time came again for a new pair and with the prices so low I treated myself to sunglasses. The regular pair came with no issues, love them! The sunglasses, however, came and were not done correctly. I contacted them and without question the order was fixed and sent right away. Well, the replacement pair came and again, they were not right. Again, contacted the online help, thinking maybe they were going to charge me since this was the second time, but NO! they were wonderful. No problem with a replacement and helpful suggestions from the online Cynthia I talked to. Can't say enough good things about this company, they stand by their product for sure!

breezew
4/22/16

This company is devoted to customer satisfaction. They offer full refunds including shipping charges where the customer is not satisfied and bend over backwards to achieve satisfaction. They even permit customers to adjust the frames and still get a refund. Many of their frames, especially the sunglasses, look expensive. Most frames are quite deep, consistent with the current trend of "geek chic." I prefer shallower full rim frames more classical than trendy. This company deserves credit for its good faith and fair dealing. I think EyeBuyDirect.com is the best of the online optical businesses of its kind.

rods23
4/13/16

I have to admit my first pair of glasses from them were somewhat dodgy. The plastic case they came in was crushed, a lense was separated from the frame, and I thought well it was a good deal for a pair of backup glasses.

Over time I have ordered additional glasses and the most recent pair was ordered back in August 2015. I LOVED those glasses. A beautiful frame, very sturdy, and I even have people come up to me and want to know where I got them. I have a very tough prescription and it seemed spot on to me.

Recently, I messed up my glasses and had literally put a duplicate order in my cart when I thought it might be interesting to contact them and see what can be done. Eyebuydirect was very helpful, they worked with me on a more than fair set of replacement glasses and even offered to let me select a different frame if I wanted.

I was so moved by their support and their developed business sense that I had to seek out an opportunity to report their great support. My advice, if you want some cheap backup glasses, then be advised the frame will appear cheap. If you step up to their higher quality, then that is what you will receive.

Tip for consumers: Increase your budget and you will get a multiple back in product. My retail glasses have been in the $500 range. I bought a great pair from eyebuydirect for $130. I recommend them.

terryb93
4/11/16

I ordered a pair of reading glasses and 5 weeks later they came in the mail, completely wrong lenses. This was the second order first one was fine. Now they have no recollection of my order and no records of it at all. Want me to send a copy of my perscription and now want me to pay more because they screwed up. I called and asked to speak to an associate who would not listen to a word I said and tried giving me a speach that has been taught to them to say, I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for 5 more minutes then she came back and said she was sorry but the supervisor was busy. Very poor customer service and horrendous record keeping. I will never order a thing from them again. SAVE YOUR MONEY....

jamiew37
4/6/16

Customer service was great from Day 1. I had my eye on the $6 "Doc" frames in light purple and the $9 "Delaware" frames in floral. Lo and behold, Delaware floral frames sold out. I contacted customer service again via FB, and they responded within a couple hours to tell me if/when the frames would be back in stock. 2 days later, there they were with a few back in stock.

I ordered regular prescriptions in the Doc, and prescription gradient sunglasses with the Delaware, with anti-reflective, UV, anti-scratch in both. Total purchase after the discount and with standard shipping was $48. They sent emails every step of the way, let me know how long each step would take to complete, and what to expect next.

13 days later, my order arrived. Glasses were EXCELLENT--perfect fit, lightweight, exactly as pictured, and spot-on prescription. I get compliments on them all the time, and they are the "favorites" of many (I ordered from several online glasses stores for the first time.) No one can believe the Docs were only $6 frames, as they are in no way "cheap."

Tip for consumers: I would definitely order from EBD again, and have referred many to them. Here's a link for $10 off a purchase, if anyone's thinking about it!

Enter coupon code at checkout: IFAS6ZSFG5

yesical
4/5/16

It was my first time purchasing glasses online so I was a little concerned but they came out perfect. They fit just right too and i received them in Exactly 7 Days the only thing i don't recommend is to pay for the tracking number because they automatically Email you to tell you in what process your glasses are and i read that if you do pay for the tracking number you get a Fake tracking number so save your money and don't pay for it. I hope everyone else has a great experience if it is your first time purchasing glasses online.

marisac5
4/3/16

Highly recommend purchasing chic yet reasonably priced sunglasses or eyeglasses from Eyebuydirect. Creating your customized eye or sunglasses is made simple and easy. I purchased the "Adore" eyeglasses. I received them within a week and a half of placing my order and I absolutely love them! I could not be happier with my purchase. 5 stars!

anisn2
3/31/16

i have a lot of bills to pay and then the doctor told me to pay $300 to $150 for the prescription glasses, so i went to eBay and order from china like 3 pairs of glasses since it was so cheap but turned out they will either send me the frame too big or too small and some they looked cheap like its gonna break when u wear them, like literally you can hear the sound but finally a friend told me try this website, at first i was worried that since the the frames were really of a low cost but i gave it a shot and mine took like a week an half for me to receive it but finally got it and i was looking at the box of the design might probably cost like $15 or something and this is absolutely gorgeous, i was shook for a bit and trust me i don't like to write reviews but the glasses quality is just amazing that it made me write this review and i am going to buy more for my family from EyeBuyDirect.com, big thanks to them again the glasses are amazing.............

vanessam45
3/28/16

This was my first time buy glasses online. I was pretty iffy about it because when I first ordered I made a mistake and I called right away to fix it before they made the glasses. The lady reassured me it would be okay. Sure enough they came out perfect! I would recommend this website to anyone who knows they're prescription and wants awesome prices for glasses. Shipping is great as well they came within 2 weeks as promised.

williamt97
3/17/16

Do yourself a favor and don't do it. Customer service response is non existent. Efficiency not a snowballs chance in he##. Tracking numbers yes they will give you one about a week before it actually ships. So unless you plan to live to be a 110 and you have all the time in the world to sit and wait for something that may or may not arrive, by all means order from them, I cant review on the glasses because I don't have them, I have been waiting 7 days for a call from customer service, I think I'll die before that happens.
UPDATE 3/19/16
Glasses arrived and they were shipped from FRAMES DIRECT here in Brooklyn where I am living, Eyebuydirect refunded the entire cost of the glasses for my trouble. Great right? No not really..... wrong prescription in the left eye of the glasses FINE IF MY RIGHT EYE IS THE ONLY EYE THAT I HAVE but I have two, a right one and a left one. All of this is after I sent them a copy of my Dr's RX who BTW also made a pair of useable glasses for me. Eyebuydirect was SIMPLY an extra or backup pair of spec's but unfortunately not so SIMPLE for them.

boy239
3/10/16

ONE DAY AFTER I PLACED AN ORDER, I KEPT RECEIVING CALLS FROM A CALLER WITH AN "UNKNOWN" AND "PRIVATE" NUMBER. APPARENTLY IT WAS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY WOULD LEAVE A MESSAGE THAT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND COZ OF THE ACCENT. THE NAME "EYEBUYDIRECT" IS POORLY PRONOUNCED. WHEN I CALLED THEM ABOUT IT, THEY ADMITTED THAT THEIR CALLS WOULD REGISTER IN MY CALLER ID AS "UNKNOWN" OR "PRIVATE." I SAID , THAT'S WEIRD COZ THE MESSAGE LEFT IS ASKING ME TO CALL BACK, AND IT'S AN "UNKNOWN" NUMBER. THEY DID IT 3 TIMES IN ONE AFTERNOON EVEN AFTER I ALREADY CALLED THEM BACK ABOUT IT AFTER THEIR FIRST CALL. A SIGN OF THEIR LACK OF SYSTEM. WELL, SUCH INEFFICIENCY PLUS THE NUMEROUS NEGATIVE REVIEWS I READ (WHICH I SHOULD BOTHERED TO READ FIRST, STUPID ME!) NOW SCARES ME AND I AM THINKING OF CALLING THE VISA TO BLOCK MY ORDER.

RIC

andrewf61
3/8/16

I've used Eyebuydirect before in 2011 and they were prompt and delivered great quality glasses in good time.

So I ordered again a new 2 pairs of glasses in February 2016.

Again, the delivery time was prompt, about 2 weeks and I'm loving my new glasses.
The lenses are great and the frames as described and look/feel robust.

I've never had a problem with eyebuydirect and would recommend them without any doubts. Oh and they're REALLY cheap too. :)

stephaniet48
2/26/16

I ordered my first pair and it got delivered but I could not find it in my mail box. I called and within a day they started a new one for me and it came ASAP. I just got my second pair today and can not wait to get more. Will highly recommend eye buy direct to anyone. lovely glasses too

christined41
1/26/16

Ordrered many pairs for my husband and I.
When it does not fit, they send an other pair as simple as that

gabrielg32
1/14/16

Replaced my glasses for free because I didn't like my original ones. Even got to keep both of them, super convenient and very good service!

jessc21
12/2/15

I ordered my glasses on the 16th of November. They said they shipped it out on the 23rd of November (lie). The tracking number they gave me didn't work for a week. Which cause of the holiday I thought, no big deal. But when it did finally work it said they didn't send the tracking information out until the 27th. Not even the package, just the information. So when I asked them thru email they gave me the complete run around and didn't even answer my question as to why this was ok for them. Ridiculous. Now I'm scared to see what the product is even like after direct lies like that. Yep, they still aren't here.

paulac35
11/26/15

This is the very first time I have ordered eyeglasses online. The prices are so incredibly cheap compared to getting them in person and I was afraid the glasses would be very inferior; they are not. I got darkly-tinted (just like I wanted) prescription sunglasses with very thin lenses for $58! The frames are almost identical to my $500 glasses I bought at an optical shop two years ago. I could not believe when I put them on right out of the box and they needed no adjustments. They come in a clear, magnetic-closure box with an glass-cleaning cloth. I am very pleased with EyeBuyDirect and plan on using them when my mom needs new glasses also.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EyeBuyDirect.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/12/16
Answer
sallyb54
A: Mine took unbelievably 7 days to New Zealand!So fast!
1 week ago