Review of EyeBuyDirect

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

toful
3/20/17

Got 3 orders. All of them were wonderful.
Shipping is as promised. 1-2 weeks.
I accidentally put in the wrong prescriptions, got 1 replacement for free for 1 order.
That wasn't all, the glasses that I sent back will be donated to charity. Isn't that awesome?

mehrdadh
3/7/17

Horrible customer service. The prices are cheap but as always there's a price you pay with your time for buying from these kind of companies. Ordered my glasses and after 9 days I realized the order is on hold. The reason was their "LAB" thought the difference between my right and left PD was not normal (it's only 3mm)! and they decided to put my order on hold without notifying me!
long story short after 10 days they haven't even started my order yet and god knows how long it will take for the glasses to be here.

wendyr52
3/6/17

I ORDERED AND GLASSES WEREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO MY RX. I CALLED CUST SVC AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD MAIL ME A RMA WITH 2 BUSINESS DAYS. NOT ONLY DIDNT IT ARRIVE IN 2 BIZ DAYS IT DIDNT ARRIVE AT ALL. I CALLED CUST SVC AGAIN THEY SAID THEY WOULD MAIL IT OUT AGAIN BUT TONIGHT (MONDAY) i TALKED TO A REAL PERSON (IN THE PHILLIPINES) WHO SAID THAT THE POST OFFICE WON'T TAKE RMAs FROM THIS COMPANY. I POINTED OUT THAT IT DOESNT STATE THAT ON THEIR WEBSITE. THIS IS WHAT THEIR WEBSITE SAYS------Replacement Procedure

1.Obtain a Return Authorization Email by contacting our Customer Service
at 1-855-EYEBUY1 (1-855-393-2891), livechat or eyecare@eyebuydirect.com.
2. Send your glasses back to us and provide our Customer Service with the Delivery Confirmation Number.
3. Once we receive your Delivery Confirmation Number, you will either receive a refund within 48 hours or be sent a replacement.

SO I WILL BE SENDING THESE BACK PAYING MY OWN MONEY TO DO SO. THIS IS $#*!TY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DECEITFUL. I DONT LIKE AN AMERICAN COMPANY THE CEO'S LINKED IN PROFILE IS https://www.linkedin.com/in/royhessel/

jonathanc88
3/6/17

I have been buying my eyeglasses from Eyebuydirect for over four years. Just got two new pairs in from their BOGO deal....wrong prescription and it took over an hour on the phone. They say that they made a mistake on the prescription and unfortunately my frames are now out of stock I think they're sending me two pairs of glasses but couldn't understand the person that works for a different country please hire American citizens

lanah11
3/4/17

Here is my Saga. I ordered the glasses is five or six weeks ago; after 3 weeks a pair came with the wrong prescription, so I called back and they were very nice, apologized, and said they would expedite my glasses. I've now been waiting two weeks and the tracking information shows it's been in seven different post offices. To me expedite means UPS or FedEx, it doesn't mean the US Postal Service. Very disappointed. Would never order again. Have no idea when these glasses are going to get here or if they're going to be the right prescription when they do. At this point I shouldn't even be charged for them.

brandond46
3/2/17

Customer service was amazing, quality of the frames are amazing, overall just a good website to buy from!

bethj23
2/24/17

I ordered a pair of glasses in November that were not what I expected so I tried to exchange then within the 14 day window that was given. They said that they were out of stock so I had to wait. I waited until JANUARY to send them back when I finally got an email saying they were back in stock. I sent them back immediately and it has now been over 1 month with no contact from the company and I never got the glasses. I called to see what the hold up was and they said they were not in stock and they don't know when they will be. I asked for a refund and instead, they tried to sell me on more glasses. Seriously? NO. I asked for the refund and they tried to give me HALF of what I paid saying because of the promotion they couldn't give me the full amount. ummmmm I paid for those glasses and I should get what I paid back. It has been almost half a year waiting. GIVE ME MY MONEY. WORST COMPANY. AVOID THIS PLACE.

jamese105
2/22/17

I usually don't even write reviews but this company is THAT terrible. They said it would take a max of 14 business days, and it has currently been 17 business days and my glasses STILL have not been shipped. When I called customer service they were extremely unhelpful--telling me essentially what I already knew from reading my order status. I then emailed them to see how long it would take till I got my glasses, still no straight forward answer. I will never do business with this company again, and I recommend others seriously go to other online glasses stores. This company is the worst.

carolynj29
2/16/17

They said it would take MAXIMUM up to 10 business days, and in most cases getting in 4 business days. It has been 13 business days, and while they do pick up the phone, all they can tell me it is "my order is in process". I am not happy about going this long without being able to see!

lindam365
2/14/17

I love love LOVE these glasses!!!! Ive been trying so hard to find glasses that fit and found out they have an extra small ( nobody else has extra small) So I got them and they fit sooooo perfect!!! Thanks so much Eyebuydirect! As long as you continue to have extra small eyeglasses I will be a forever customer!!!

lisajom
2/2/17

They have promised to send my glasses but they are still not here. I've made numerous calls and written emails but no results. I do not suggest anyone use this company.

jayt75
2/2/17

I've spent over $600 on glasses from EyeBuyDirect in the past 3 years and I've steadily watched them go downhill. I used to recommend them to everybody I know that wears glasses, but I won't be doing that anymore.

Here are my frustrations:

They now charge for lenses in addition to the frame price, and sometimes they don't have standard 1.5 index lenses for a frame so you are required to spend $30-40 to add the lenses. Also, they insist on anti-reflective coating for their MIRRORED lenses... mirrored as in supposed to be reflective. Uh..?

Their coupon codes make you jump through a bunch of hoops before you can apply them, and coupons cannot be used for frames that are "on sale." Half their catalog is "on sale" ....

Some orders are received within a week of placing them. Other times, it has taken over a month. It's wildly inconsistent. Also, if your prescription looks weird to them, they will hold your order without notification - even though you have to confirm the prescription details before you place the order.

Their no-questions-asked return policy is BS because the 2 times (out of 24 pairs of glasses!) I've wanted to return something due to style or fitment issues, they've made me play 20 questions.

Zenni Optical's website is not as nice and their selection is smaller, but they have much better service and product quality. I will be getting my glasses from them in the future.

alyssag12
1/30/17

Was a lifesaver being a full time college student! I got 2 pairs of glasses for less than $80 that came right to my front porch in less than 2 weeks and I LOVE them both! Was expecting low quality materials but was very pleasantly surprised with durable frames, would recommend to anybody!

lorens25
1/27/17

Customer service is very good, but the quality of frames is very poor. I have bought 7 different pairs in the last 18 months and all but 2 pair have broken because of cheap manufacturing. The temples literally fell off of the frames or cracked in two by the temple screw holes. Also be aware that if you order the really thin lenses, they sometimes do not fill the prescription with the thin ones and you get a thicker lens instead.
The only reason I am giving 2 stars for a review is that the customer service is good, but very cheap products. I would not order from this company again!!!

anonymoush4
1/20/17

I have gotten 400+ dollar glasses from the opticians office and they fall off my face constantly and feel cheap. Ordering online is the way to go, especially considering lenses and frames are actually all made by the same parent company regardless of where you buy...but like any retailer they have different products. Some cheaper, and some more expensive. I ordered the eyezen lenses which are amazing. Beware, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SCRIPT. I have no idea what the other reviewer is saying about the wrong script, her review indicates she tried to order glasses with a contact prescription and that's never the same due to the distance from your eye. Trust me, as long as you have your ducks in a row, you should be all right.

kristinas45
1/20/17

Filled in the prescription perfectly, and when they came (my glasses), when I looked far, I saw blurry. I called them, told them my problem, they were very cooperative and polite, and sent me a new pair. But once again, when they came, there was no difference and they sent me the exact same pair. I called them again, and we just decided to get a refund. I was really upset because the frames were one of kind I can't find anywhere else online... I don't know why they kept getting my prescription wrong, when my contact lenses are the same prescription, yet I can see perfectly why them. Dissapointed.

jh513
1/19/17

I ordered a pair of glasses from these guys, and they waited a week to tell me the glasses had been discontinued. They offered some inferior alternatives that they had in stock... can you say "bait and switch"? I cancelled my order, but I found out later that they hadn't refunded the charge to my credit card and I had to call them and wait on hold to ask them to issue the refund. Even then the customer service rep was quite defensive and not at all apologetic about the two month delay in issuing the refund. If I hadn't checked my credit card statement they would have kept my money.

kenl63
1/19/17

I bought a pair of prescriptive glasses, and paid the for the highest indexed lens. The lens which came with my glasses were much thicker than the lens from my old pair with much lower index. EyeBuyDirect invented some fake excuse to refuse to make it right. Bad online business.

haileyc5
1/10/17

I live in Toronto, ON (Canada) and this is the breakdown of dates to when I got my glasses:

Nov 29, 2016Payment Pending
Nov 29, 2016Order Details Received
Nov 29, 2016On Hold
Nov 30, 2016Frame & Lens Allocation
Dec 5, 2016 Lens Cutting & Bevel edging
Dec 6, 2016 Lens & Frame Fitting
Dec 9, 2016 Quality Check
Dec 12, 2016 Glasses arrived

There was an error in one of the prescriptions and they sent me another pair for free!

sidneyl8
1/2/17

It took three weeks to get my original order. The glasses were progressive lens and I could only see for distance from the very top portion of the lenses.

I contacted the company by phone and they said they would send out a replacement.

Another three weeks and I check the order online. There has been a hold placed on it. I called the company again and I am told that they are waiting to receive a picture of me wearing the faulty pair. Of course they never bothered to mention this when I called the first time. I sent them the pic and am continuing to wait.

I wish I could vote 0 stars.

rosew51
12/25/16

I bought 2 pairs of glasses back in March 2016. Great price, cute glasses, and very good customer service.... now (December 24, 2016), the coating on the lenses of one pair is chipping off -- not in a small way. I've contacted them, and am waiting to hear back.

In my opinion, the true sign of a good company is not just how well they handle the things they do well, but also how well they handle problems that arise. Everyone has problems now and then. How one addresses them should be seen as an opportunity to excel, not a time to hide or deny.

shannonb65
12/21/16

I had the best experience with this company. Really great glasses and customer service. Thank you!

johnj331
12/7/16

I ordered two pairs of prescription glasses, total for both was around $100. One frame was decent quality, the other looked cheap and after just a couple of months proved to be cheap. It spontaneously cracked one day. EBD has a good customer service team and they are very friendly and helpful. They offered to do a replacement but I don't feel like ordering from them anymore, so went to Costco instead for quality designer frames + prescription lenses that cost around $120 total.

Tip for consumers: They will allow for a one-time free replacement on your glasses.

sarahh210
11/19/16

I was hesitant t o buy my reading glasses online, but after I got a 15% off and free shipping by signing up for their emails I decided to give it a try. My glasses came out to $18 and they shipped in about nine days. I love to track my packages and they had nice email updates that let you know what step your glasses were in. If I need another pair I'll totally use this site again.

davidb591
11/18/16

bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses and two pairs prescription sun glasses, after a few month the first two pairs the frames split, and were replaced, now the third frame of the sunglasses has split.
i just could not believe this has happened.

they told me they would not be able to place, yet thesee pairs have never ever beeen used

stay well away from these

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question