Review of EyeBuyDirect

Detailed Rating Summary

carolanng
4/25/17

4/24/17
Purchased two pair of glasses from Eye Buy Direct .
First pair has been great, second pair no tso much. Arm snapped off after only wearing them once. They replaced them ..no charge (same glasses) and they broke again in same exact spot .
Will not be ordering another pair from this site.

anns131
4/19/17

My son had the frames just snap (cheap made). I emailed and was asked for a ton of information. They Ok'd a one time replacement pair. I sent all the info for a new pair. I was told they would process the order. After 3 weeks I asked what the status was for his glasses. I was told they never processed the order and blamed me for not providing a color (which I did). I tried to reorder and every frame I tried to order was out of stock. They then offered me what they had available at a higher price. I decided to go with this and was told it would be $87 for the lens. Crazy! A replacement pair for $105 plus shipping!!! I went with Walmart and found the exact pair for $38 and free shipping.

alm497
4/19/17

I paid for the 6.1 ultra thin lens. When I got it and compared it to my other lenses it is more like 1.5. The frames are the cheapest junk I have ever seen. I'll just stick with Zenni for now on.

johnj370
4/11/17

Don't let other bad reviews scare you off. It is a decent business that gets the job done. EBD is an amazing place to buy glasses at an affordable price, of course, you will not get the same quality as a $400 pair but their still good glasses that can last. The customer service is great, I wanted to return my glasses within the 14 days and I got my refund in 3 business days, and I just bought another pair. The bad thing is that it takes about 2 weeks for your glasses to get to you, but hey I would rather pay $80 for a pair of glasses and wait 2 weeks than paying $400 for ONE pair. And if you think they wear off easily, just buy a couple of pairs and have backups. You can buy three pairs and you will still end up saving money.

vinced14
4/7/17

I've bought prescription glasses from this company several times over the last 5 years, never a disappointment. I've had to return a pair before, the return service was simple. You get what you pay for in terms of quality; if the frames are cheap compared to other frames from EBD, the build quality will be cheap. I'd recommend them, you're not rolling a dice, your order arrives promptly and in the allotted timeframe.

lindseyg27
4/5/17

Having only read reviews on this site AFTER placing my order, I feel pretty fortunate. I placed my order for 2 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses, all prescription. I really liked a lot of the frames, but I was a little nervous not being able to try them on. My last pair I bought almost fiver years ago were from Warby Parker, where you have do the home try-ons. Anyway, I placed my order on March 24 and crossed my fingers. I got updates along the way of what stages my glasses were in. I was a little nervous when some of the stages seemed to be skipped, such as the quality check. My glasses shipped on March 30, just 6 days after order. I received them in the mail yesterday, April 4. After trying them on I can say that they are cute, they fit and they got my prescription right. However, these are very cheaply made glasses. I am really afraid of breaking the arms in a way that can not be fixed. I tend to doze off on the couch at night with my glasses on. I will need to be careful to not do this or else I am fairly sure they will break. All in all, I got what I paid for. No problems at the moment, but none of the glasses I ordered seem to be sturdy.

prisj
3/30/17

I recently purchased a pair of glasses from EBD and ended up deciding that I wanted to cancel my order a day after ordering after reading all of the negative reviews. I'm happy I did. When I tried to cancel, I initially sent an email and I was then told "What we can offer you, instead of cancelling the order, we refund you the shipping fee amounting to $5.95. I have submitted a request to refund the charge amounting to $5.95. Please be advised that it will take within 3-5 banking days to credit the money back to your account." They didn't want to cancel my order and give me a refund!! I had to tell them MULTIPLE times that I was not interested in just getting my shipping for free. I wanted a full refund. After going back and forth with different people each time, I finally just called and spoke with someone who didn't give me such a hard time with canceling. STAY AWAY.

jamesw420
3/24/17

I have purchased several pair of glasses from this company (I'm a slow learner). Some of the frames are good but others break soon after delivery. My main pair has broken twice now and the company refuses to replace them. Waste of money. Stay away unless price is your only issue.

toful
3/20/17

Got 3 orders. All of them were wonderful.
Shipping is as promised. 1-2 weeks.
I accidentally put in the wrong prescriptions, got 1 replacement for free for 1 order.
That wasn't all, the glasses that I sent back will be donated to charity. Isn't that awesome?

mehrdadh
3/7/17

Horrible customer service. The prices are cheap but as always there's a price you pay with your time for buying from these kind of companies. Ordered my glasses and after 9 days I realized the order is on hold. The reason was their "LAB" thought the difference between my right and left PD was not normal (it's only 3mm)! and they decided to put my order on hold without notifying me!
long story short after 10 days they haven't even started my order yet and god knows how long it will take for the glasses to be here.

wendyr52
3/6/17

I ORDERED AND GLASSES WEREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO MY RX. I CALLED CUST SVC AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD MAIL ME A RMA WITH 2 BUSINESS DAYS. NOT ONLY DIDNT IT ARRIVE IN 2 BIZ DAYS IT DIDNT ARRIVE AT ALL. I CALLED CUST SVC AGAIN THEY SAID THEY WOULD MAIL IT OUT AGAIN BUT TONIGHT (MONDAY) i TALKED TO A REAL PERSON (IN THE PHILLIPINES) WHO SAID THAT THE POST OFFICE WON'T TAKE RMAs FROM THIS COMPANY. I POINTED OUT THAT IT DOESNT STATE THAT ON THEIR WEBSITE. THIS IS WHAT THEIR WEBSITE SAYS------Replacement Procedure

1.Obtain a Return Authorization Email by contacting our Customer Service
at 1-855-EYEBUY1 (1-855-393-2891), livechat or eyecare@eyebuydirect.com.
2. Send your glasses back to us and provide our Customer Service with the Delivery Confirmation Number.
3. Once we receive your Delivery Confirmation Number, you will either receive a refund within 48 hours or be sent a replacement.

SO I WILL BE SENDING THESE BACK PAYING MY OWN MONEY TO DO SO. THIS IS $#*!TY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DECEITFUL. I DONT LIKE AN AMERICAN COMPANY THE CEO'S LINKED IN PROFILE IS https://www.linkedin.com/in/royhessel/

jonathanc88
3/6/17

I have been buying my eyeglasses from Eyebuydirect for over four years. Just got two new pairs in from their BOGO deal....wrong prescription and it took over an hour on the phone. They say that they made a mistake on the prescription and unfortunately my frames are now out of stock I think they're sending me two pairs of glasses but couldn't understand the person that works for a different country please hire American citizens

lanah11
3/4/17

Here is my Saga. I ordered the glasses is five or six weeks ago; after 3 weeks a pair came with the wrong prescription, so I called back and they were very nice, apologized, and said they would expedite my glasses. I've now been waiting two weeks and the tracking information shows it's been in seven different post offices. To me expedite means UPS or FedEx, it doesn't mean the US Postal Service. Very disappointed. Would never order again. Have no idea when these glasses are going to get here or if they're going to be the right prescription when they do. At this point I shouldn't even be charged for them.

brandond46
3/2/17

Customer service was amazing, quality of the frames are amazing, overall just a good website to buy from!

bethj23
2/24/17

I ordered a pair of glasses in November that were not what I expected so I tried to exchange then within the 14 day window that was given. They said that they were out of stock so I had to wait. I waited until JANUARY to send them back when I finally got an email saying they were back in stock. I sent them back immediately and it has now been over 1 month with no contact from the company and I never got the glasses. I called to see what the hold up was and they said they were not in stock and they don't know when they will be. I asked for a refund and instead, they tried to sell me on more glasses. Seriously? NO. I asked for the refund and they tried to give me HALF of what I paid saying because of the promotion they couldn't give me the full amount. ummmmm I paid for those glasses and I should get what I paid back. It has been almost half a year waiting. GIVE ME MY MONEY. WORST COMPANY. AVOID THIS PLACE.

jamese105
2/22/17

I usually don't even write reviews but this company is THAT terrible. They said it would take a max of 14 business days, and it has currently been 17 business days and my glasses STILL have not been shipped. When I called customer service they were extremely unhelpful--telling me essentially what I already knew from reading my order status. I then emailed them to see how long it would take till I got my glasses, still no straight forward answer. I will never do business with this company again, and I recommend others seriously go to other online glasses stores. This company is the worst.

carolynj29
2/16/17

They said it would take MAXIMUM up to 10 business days, and in most cases getting in 4 business days. It has been 13 business days, and while they do pick up the phone, all they can tell me it is "my order is in process". I am not happy about going this long without being able to see!

lindam365
2/14/17

I love love LOVE these glasses!!!! Ive been trying so hard to find glasses that fit and found out they have an extra small ( nobody else has extra small) So I got them and they fit sooooo perfect!!! Thanks so much Eyebuydirect! As long as you continue to have extra small eyeglasses I will be a forever customer!!!

lisajom
2/2/17

They have promised to send my glasses but they are still not here. I've made numerous calls and written emails but no results. I do not suggest anyone use this company.

jayt75
2/2/17

I've spent over $600 on glasses from EyeBuyDirect in the past 3 years and I've steadily watched them go downhill. I used to recommend them to everybody I know that wears glasses, but I won't be doing that anymore.

Here are my frustrations:

They now charge for lenses in addition to the frame price, and sometimes they don't have standard 1.5 index lenses for a frame so you are required to spend $30-40 to add the lenses. Also, they insist on anti-reflective coating for their MIRRORED lenses... mirrored as in supposed to be reflective. Uh..?

Their coupon codes make you jump through a bunch of hoops before you can apply them, and coupons cannot be used for frames that are "on sale." Half their catalog is "on sale" ....

Some orders are received within a week of placing them. Other times, it has taken over a month. It's wildly inconsistent. Also, if your prescription looks weird to them, they will hold your order without notification - even though you have to confirm the prescription details before you place the order.

Their no-questions-asked return policy is BS because the 2 times (out of 24 pairs of glasses!) I've wanted to return something due to style or fitment issues, they've made me play 20 questions.

Zenni Optical's website is not as nice and their selection is smaller, but they have much better service and product quality. I will be getting my glasses from them in the future.

alyssag12
1/30/17

Was a lifesaver being a full time college student! I got 2 pairs of glasses for less than $80 that came right to my front porch in less than 2 weeks and I LOVE them both! Was expecting low quality materials but was very pleasantly surprised with durable frames, would recommend to anybody!

lorens25
1/27/17

Customer service is very good, but the quality of frames is very poor. I have bought 7 different pairs in the last 18 months and all but 2 pair have broken because of cheap manufacturing. The temples literally fell off of the frames or cracked in two by the temple screw holes. Also be aware that if you order the really thin lenses, they sometimes do not fill the prescription with the thin ones and you get a thicker lens instead.
The only reason I am giving 2 stars for a review is that the customer service is good, but very cheap products. I would not order from this company again!!!

anonymoush4
1/20/17

I have gotten 400+ dollar glasses from the opticians office and they fall off my face constantly and feel cheap. Ordering online is the way to go, especially considering lenses and frames are actually all made by the same parent company regardless of where you buy...but like any retailer they have different products. Some cheaper, and some more expensive. I ordered the eyezen lenses which are amazing. Beware, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SCRIPT. I have no idea what the other reviewer is saying about the wrong script, her review indicates she tried to order glasses with a contact prescription and that's never the same due to the distance from your eye. Trust me, as long as you have your ducks in a row, you should be all right.

kristinas45
1/20/17

Filled in the prescription perfectly, and when they came (my glasses), when I looked far, I saw blurry. I called them, told them my problem, they were very cooperative and polite, and sent me a new pair. But once again, when they came, there was no difference and they sent me the exact same pair. I called them again, and we just decided to get a refund. I was really upset because the frames were one of kind I can't find anywhere else online... I don't know why they kept getting my prescription wrong, when my contact lenses are the same prescription, yet I can see perfectly why them. Dissapointed.

jh513
1/19/17

I ordered a pair of glasses from these guys, and they waited a week to tell me the glasses had been discontinued. They offered some inferior alternatives that they had in stock... can you say "bait and switch"? I cancelled my order, but I found out later that they hadn't refunded the charge to my credit card and I had to call them and wait on hold to ask them to issue the refund. Even then the customer service rep was quite defensive and not at all apologetic about the two month delay in issuing the refund. If I hadn't checked my credit card statement they would have kept my money.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jang57
Jan G.
on 2/21/17
Answer
carlosd47
Carlos d.
A: I suppose you already figured this out, but just in case, what you need to do is check the box that says "Two PD Numbers" first.
5 days, 16 hours ago