Review of EyeBuyDirect

Tel: 1-855-393-2891
eyecare@eyebuydirect.com

richardd186
8/21/17

Glasses have been in my state for not one, not two but four day in my city and state still have not been delivered

beccah9
8/21/17

I've bought 4 pairs of glasses from eyebuydirect and they are all different styles and the eye pieces on all of them fell off ! Now I don't have any glasses to see with .

pierrelucd1
8/19/17

I am really disappointed about the product from this company and how they treat their customer. We pay, they make money and if it goes wrong, f the customer.

I've bought a pair in late october 2016. I always have been really gentle with these glasses. I usually wear them before going to bed to read few chapters. I let them near my bed. My first pair broke four months after getting them. The upper part on the left corner broke. There was no shock, no falling, it just broke between my hands. I was taking them off. That's it. No trauma.

I wrote them an email and after SEVERAL DAYS I've got a response from the company. They will send me another pair for the shipping fees. They can replace it only one time.
It seems fair. As soon as I get them, I try to not use them as much as I woule because I'm kind of scare of what could be happening.

I use them as always. I don't wear them on a daily basis. After another four months, they break again...

This time, I'm getting upset. Two pairs in less than a year. I write them again.

They answer me that they will not replace it but they can give me an incredible 15% off if I buy a new pair...
AMAZING. They send me two pairs over nine months. They broke both of them and they want me to pay again to get another one. I know their policy but it's clearly not normal that glasses can only last for four months. I know that I didn't pay 400 bucks but come on, it's unbelievable than product are not make to least more than two or three years....

cynthiam124
8/7/17

It took 1 week for my glasses to arrive and they were bent. After sending pics to CS, they said they would send me new ones. However, they WOULD NOT offer expedited shipping unless I paid an extra $23! Of course I declined. It's been ANOTHER 1 week already and my new pair STILL HASN'T SHIPPED. It's the same frame and prescription as the bent ones.

leonorab4
8/4/17

This company does not fill prescriptions correctly! I brought the glasses to my eye doctor who verified that prescription was incorrect. Doctor also said the lenses where most likely made of a cheaper quality. ( I spent the extra money to get the nicer thinner lenses.) Upon calling to return the wrong glasses- I was told I would receive a return form ( in 2 days). I did not receive one- I called them back and then received one in 10 minutes. Their outsource person in the Philippines was very confused about how the US mail system worked. I was told that my e-mail was a label and to print out my e-mail and bring it to the post office. (That's not the case the email is a return authorization with an address on it.) I wish I would have known all of this before I purchased from them- Never again!!!!

jesst25
8/3/17

I was worried at first, shopping for sunglasses online seemed risky. But I am glad I went for it! My glasses came on time, in perfect condition and even in a cute little box. They aren't the most expensive looking, but definitely don't look cheap. I am extremely pleased! The sizing charts on the website seemed to be accurate and the prescription is perfect. $60 for a pair of prescription sunglasses! I am thankful that I took the risk!

cristinab23
8/1/17

I needed glasses badly but I didn't want to spend so much money. I came across this site and I started looking at reviews but they were so mixed. I decided to chance it and try the site out anyway. I ordered a $22 frame, but after all the fee's and shipping it came out to close to $40. I read more into the reviews and I saw a lot of people complaining that they never received their glasses, and if they did, they were the wrong prescription, and they were super cheap.. So I began to get very discouraged especially since I have a somewhat complicated prescription.

BUT I was pleasantly surprised when I received my glasses 2 weeks later (not so bad) and they were the correct prescription! They fit great and seem durable (for now at least)

So I decided to review to hopefully help the next person out. Although this was just my experience.

kohltonl
7/31/17

I have nothing but good things to say. Fantastic quality products at reasonable prices. What more do you want?

eeb1
7/27/17

I was a big Zenni fan, having spent hundreds on many pair of prescription glasses over the years.
I stumbled upon Eyebuy Direct- and have NEVER looked back.
First of all the lenses are astoundingly clear compared to Zenni- identical prescription, of course.
EBD customer service is fantastic- they are polite, helpful, and allow returns so easily.
The EBD website is the BEST around. Zenni is ...not. And Zenni customer service is lacking sometimes.
Zenni has tons of frames but the vast majority just plain suck- no one would wear them. EBD has many more usable, interesting frames.
For around 15.00- 20.00 more per pair I'll stick with EBD- the best anywhere.

heatherd72
7/23/17

I ordered a pair of glasses less than two weeks ago and I have already received them in the mail. The frames are very comfortable and the lenses are perfect. The ordering process was very simple and I am VERY pleased with how affordable they are. I will most definitely recommend EyeBuyDirect to friends and I will be a returning customer!

bensont
7/22/17

I ordered a pair of sunglasses and it never arrive. Ironically, they sent me a email asking if the frame fits, I was like, I never got the chance to try.

ms438
7/20/17

I ordered a pair of sunglasses a month and a half ago and still have not received them. Supposedly they recently shipped 3 days ago but when I click on the USPS tracking number it says no information available. I have emailed and called numerous times and got no where. I requested a refund and was denied. They said my first order style was not available with my prescription and I immediately chose another design. They charged me an additional amount bringing my total to about $75. I would not recommend or buy from them again. Too much hassle and not worth it. I hope to receive my order soon at least.

brookec23
7/16/17

I've been buying glasses online for a decade. I've tried zenni and 39dollarglasses and was very disappointed with the quality , all of them looked cheap and didn't last a year. A friend recommended EBD, I nervously ordered a pair and became obsessed. First off, the quality is insane. If you get a $9 pair of frames from EBD, they will be just as nice as $100 pair from the optometrist. I've never spent over $45 for a pair of frames from them and all of my glasses and sunglasses are fantastic, 2 years in. I'm hard on glasses too. Today I thought I lost my prescription sunnies that I bought 2 months ago and can't live without. I get compliments literally every time I wear them. After thinking I lost them, I ordered another pair of sunnies, prescription , for under $30, today. They will arrive in ten or so days, which is the standard service time for EBD and I will undoubtedly get compliments , I've never had more comments about my eye glasses before, and I've been wearing glasses for 25 years. Also, the try on feature really works, if it looks flattering on my uploaded photo it will look great, if it doesn't, they won't. I don't think I'll shop anywhere else.

ameiliaj
7/14/17

I measured my PD wrong when ordering my glasses. After emailing customer service less than 30 minutes afterwards, they told me that pupillary distance wouldn't matter. My glasses came and I can't even wear them for more than an hour without getting a terrible migraine. Save yourself the hassle and shop somewhere where the workers actually know what they're talking about.

johnd809
7/12/17

Ordered a pair of glasses which came defective. After two weeks a replacement was processed and upon arrival it was defective as well. BTW their reviews on their website must be fake, beware.
I called them again to process a second replacement and they would not honor an expedite shipping. I have wasted over a month in the process and no one there was courteous enough to realize the least they could do was to send me the next order ASAP. NEVER AGAIN! Oh and their email costumer service is even worse, they reply with scripted responses without even reading your full email, shameful.

johnt415
7/11/17

Very impressed by service and quality. I shopped around for about two weeks to find the best price with all my requested options(progressive, transition,polarized) , and EyeBuyDirect had the prices of their competitors beat by $100.
Ordered the evening of July 4th, and glasses arrived July 11th. Will buy again from them, not only because of their pricing, but also the quality of the product they delivered.

oumaro4
7/10/17

I ordered 3 pairs of glass for myself, my mom and my brother to take with me on a trip outside the US. they promised me to get my orders in 1 week. I never received it and when I called they responded that "you will get it in 2 days" . Until this morning when I called again because my trip in for tomorrow, they said we were unable to process with your order. Really? I am very disappointment and will NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE to any one.

sarahm326
7/5/17

My fiance and I ordered two different pairs of glasses from here in one order. About a month later, his pair cracked around the lens while he was driving. Real cool, right? There was no stress on the glasses, it was totally random. I contacted EBD immediately and they were very accommodating. They asked for photos, and replaced them no problem. Then a month later, mine break as I'm loading clothes into the washing machine. Again, no stress on the frames, completely random. I contact EBD again, and they again ask for photos. I send the photos and they tell me to pick a new frame for $15 or less or pay more for more expensive ones. What? The pair I had, and liked are $22, so why would I need to choose different ones? I explain how they replaced the other frames without doing this. Then they go ahead and say they submitted a replacement pair, so I'll get my new glasses in 10 days. Then I look further down and they had sent in for another replacement of my fiance's glasses, not mine. I message them again saying they were trying to replace the wrong pair. They then message back, apologizing and say they changed it to the right one now but now I need to pay a $5.95 "shipping fee" and they emailed me a money request. Um, what? Why were we set to replace the other pair twice with no "shipping charge" but this pair is subject to this "shipping charge" I look at this money request and the note says "redo order charge". Needless to say, I'm not paying this "charge" whatever it is, when these frames supposedly have a 12 month gaurantee and they replaced the other pair with no fees. I guess I'll just be walking around flaunting my pair of EBD glasses (that I carefully stitched back together after my fiance melted some holes in them) telling everyone about this "fantastic" quality they get from ordering here because I kind of need to see, but I refuse to give this company any more of my money.

victoriak33
6/28/17

Quick, cheap, high quality. I have just received my new glasses! They r perfect! I love them. Exactly like on a pic and lenses r great! I totally recommend to order in that company!!!

ruwans
6/26/17

I purchased the "Plateau" metal frames 3 weeks ago, and a screw has already fallen out, along with one of the nosepieces. I tried picking up a replacement screw from the drugstore, but the standard screws are the wrong diameter to fit this frame. When I submitted the problem to support I received the following response:
"Welcome to EyeBuyDirect and thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to inform you that we do not have available screw for your frame. We suggest to check your local eye store if they can provide for you."

So bottom line, the frames are cheap, will fall apart within a month, and they will not attempt to help you when they do. Be warned.

davidh530
6/25/17

Returned a pair of silver line with uneven bifocils. At first I was told I could not return them and then was contacted with e mail to return them and sent a mail in address. That was very nice and it took a month for them to be returned. The drilling on the lens was exactly the same as the pair I sent back, exactly 1/16 off on exactly the same lens. That seems impossible, so here is what happened, they returned the origional glasses thinking I would not notice. This is at least ten pairs of glasses we have purchased with no complaints. Just so you know that I know. Will keep them.

sheilac45
6/23/17

I've purchased 7 glasses from this website and have done multiple returns and replacements with no issues. The returns have been due to me either not liking the style of the frame and 2 of the super thin plastic frames cracking. While I was disappointed that the frames cracked, the customer service reps were awesome to deal with (all done through a couple of emails back and forth) and quick to replace. I chose more sturdy acetate frames and they have been fine.

The prescription has been pretty much spot on with all the lenses. And I have a fairly heavy duty prescription with progressives no lines for reading.

I know others have complained but I feel the lenses have been very good and cut precisely. The price of the glasses are 1/4 the price I paid for glasses through my eye doctor and the box retail eyewear store.

If you are going for top rated designer brands, you won't find them here. However, if you like multiple different styles to swap out - EyebuyDirect does a nice job.

saraha152
6/21/17

I'm not sure why Eye Buy Direct has gotten such bad reviews. I bought two pairs of glasses (Aurora and Fitzgerald) for under $90. It took less than two weeks to get to me - this includes prep time. I was seriously impressed by the prescription and quality of the glasses.

bb166
6/21/17

I received my order within 1.5 weeks of ordering. I suspect reviewers who had longer shipment times had more complex orders or specific requests for their lenses. The glasses were good quality, and came in beautiful packaging. I also recommend the glasses cases that they sell. Great price -- much better than buying in most stores. Will definitely be making another purchase next time I need new glasses.

christopherd69
6/18/17

I ordered a pair of glasses around April 23 and got them 4 weeks later. The prescription was totally wrong. They sent a replacement pair, the prescription was even more wrong. And again it took 4 weeks. 8 weeks later I realized, this company is likely making our glasses in China. 1. Nothing takes 4 weeks to make and ship on the Internet these days. Eyebuydirect sends these emails about how they are crafting carefully your glasses. The problem is when you order your replacement pair the standard crafting message appears (giveaway). 2. The packaging is extremely nice, e.g. factory extremely nice. no errors in packing at all (e.g. machine - not person) 3. Pretty sure the emails are a scam.

This is the building for EyeBuyDirect:

Does it look like the made 500,000 pairs of glasses from there? An empty store front? Pretty sure this company is not legit.

Update: I took my glasses to my Optometrist and they completely forgot to add part of the prescription to the glasses the ADD for OD/OS was not included in either set of glasses. I contacted them for a third replacement and they refused a third replacement without additional payments. I am sending glasses back and started a chargeback through my bank. EyeBuyDirect should be avoided at all costs.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

So far I have not had a problem. I have ordered 5 pairs. All were nice and came within 8 days. I even took first pair to my dr to check the rx. Maybe Im just lucky or maybe when you deal in volume problems start to occur. I advise anyone ordering to choose the frames that are in the Rfkt line. Chose any lenses that are not the 6.95 and make sure to get your PD number from your dr. If its incorrect your glasses will be blurry.I do own cheaper pairs from here , but prefer this RFLT line. I did chat with customer service online once. I had no problems. Love how they keep you updated on your status. Also nice to know $2 donated ftom each pair you purchase to help someone else see. Great to always search on google for coupin codes or buy on a BOGO sale.

By MELANIE L. on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

I ordered two pair and wanted to have them filled at Costco. Costco labs said they were substandard quality and would not refill them. Paid $15 for one pair and $32 for the other.

By S Y. on 7/29/16
Helpful answer

Mine took unbelievably 7 days to New Zealand!So fast!

By sally B. on 6/12/16
Helpful answer

I suppose you already figured this out, but just in case, what you need to do is check the box that says "Two PD Numbers" first.

By Carlos d. on 2/21/17

Austin, TX

By JAMIE W. on 8/1/16
Helpful answer

As it's online only, you can't physically try on the frames. You CAN however upload a picture of your face and the site superimposes an image of the glasses on your face. It's not as good as physically trying them on, but it gives you an idea of what they'll look like.

By andrew f. on 2/15/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other customers.

7 Photos for EyeBuyDirect