US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

anonymoush4
1/20/17

I have gotten 400+ dollar glasses from the opticians office and they fall off my face constantly and feel cheap. Ordering online is the way to go, especially considering lenses and frames are actually all made by the same parent company regardless of where you buy...but like any retailer they have different products. Some cheaper, and some more expensive. I ordered the eyezen lenses which are amazing. Beware, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SCRIPT. I have no idea what the other reviewer is saying about the wrong script, her review indicates she tried to order glasses with a contact prescription and that's never the same due to the distance from your eye. Trust me, as long as you have your ducks in a row, you should be all right.

kristinas45
1/20/17

Filled in the prescription perfectly, and when they came (my glasses), when I looked far, I saw blurry. I called them, told them my problem, they were very cooperative and polite, and sent me a new pair. But once again, when they came, there was no difference and they sent me the exact same pair. I called them again, and we just decided to get a refund. I was really upset because the frames were one of kind I can't find anywhere else online... I don't know why they kept getting my prescription wrong, when my contact lenses are the same prescription, yet I can see perfectly why them. Dissapointed.

jh513
1/19/17

I ordered a pair of glasses from these guys, and they waited a week to tell me the glasses had been discontinued. They offered some inferior alternatives that they had in stock... can you say "bait and switch"? I cancelled my order, but I found out later that they hadn't refunded the charge to my credit card and I had to call them and wait on hold to ask them to issue the refund. Even then the customer service rep was quite defensive and not at all apologetic about the two month delay in issuing the refund. If I hadn't checked my credit card statement they would have kept my money.

kenl63
1/19/17

I bought a pair of prescriptive glasses, and paid the for the highest indexed lens. The lens which came with my glasses were much thicker than the lens from my old pair with much lower index. EyeBuyDirect invented some fake excuse to refuse to make it right. Bad online business.

haileyc5
1/10/17

I live in Toronto, ON (Canada) and this is the breakdown of dates to when I got my glasses:

Nov 29, 2016Payment Pending
Nov 29, 2016Order Details Received
Nov 29, 2016On Hold
Nov 30, 2016Frame & Lens Allocation
Dec 5, 2016 Lens Cutting & Bevel edging
Dec 6, 2016 Lens & Frame Fitting
Dec 9, 2016 Quality Check
Dec 12, 2016 Glasses arrived

There was an error in one of the prescriptions and they sent me another pair for free!

sidneyl8
1/2/17

It took three weeks to get my original order. The glasses were progressive lens and I could only see for distance from the very top portion of the lenses.

I contacted the company by phone and they said they would send out a replacement.

Another three weeks and I check the order online. There has been a hold placed on it. I called the company again and I am told that they are waiting to receive a picture of me wearing the faulty pair. Of course they never bothered to mention this when I called the first time. I sent them the pic and am continuing to wait.

I wish I could vote 0 stars.

rosew51
12/25/16

I bought 2 pairs of glasses back in March 2016. Great price, cute glasses, and very good customer service.... now (December 24, 2016), the coating on the lenses of one pair is chipping off -- not in a small way. I've contacted them, and am waiting to hear back.

In my opinion, the true sign of a good company is not just how well they handle the things they do well, but also how well they handle problems that arise. Everyone has problems now and then. How one addresses them should be seen as an opportunity to excel, not a time to hide or deny.

shannonb65
12/21/16

I had the best experience with this company. Really great glasses and customer service. Thank you!

johnj331
12/7/16

I ordered two pairs of prescription glasses, total for both was around $100. One frame was decent quality, the other looked cheap and after just a couple of months proved to be cheap. It spontaneously cracked one day. EBD has a good customer service team and they are very friendly and helpful. They offered to do a replacement but I don't feel like ordering from them anymore, so went to Costco instead for quality designer frames + prescription lenses that cost around $120 total.

Tip for consumers: They will allow for a one-time free replacement on your glasses.

sarahh210
11/19/16

I was hesitant t o buy my reading glasses online, but after I got a 15% off and free shipping by signing up for their emails I decided to give it a try. My glasses came out to $18 and they shipped in about nine days. I love to track my packages and they had nice email updates that let you know what step your glasses were in. If I need another pair I'll totally use this site again.

davidb591
11/18/16

bought 2 pairs of prescription glasses and two pairs prescription sun glasses, after a few month the first two pairs the frames split, and were replaced, now the third frame of the sunglasses has split.
i just could not believe this has happened.

they told me they would not be able to place, yet thesee pairs have never ever beeen used

stay well away from these

laurae35
11/13/16

I ordered my first pair of glasses and they were shipped and delivered on time! I was sent an email with he status of the glasses and delivery every step of the way. They arrived in a cute case, as pictured and fit perfect! Very satisfied!

sydneyl18
10/28/16

I honestly love EBD. I now own 6 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses from them (all with my own money) and I get compliments every time I wear them. I have had NO problems with them- returns were easy when I did not like how the glasses looked, they immediately made me new ones when my local post office lost my order, and I am currently exchanging a couple I bought during the BOGO. My prescription has been spot on every time, and I could not be happier with the quality, processing time, and customer service.

They do say "Free replacement, free shipping, no questions asked," but customer service does indeed ask for a reason why you want to send them back. It doesn't matter whether the reason is that you don't like the style or if they don't fit, but you do need to give a reason. I think they do this just for their own purposes to keep track of the problems people have with various frames.

If you want to try it, you can use my code IFYNEJPPS5 for $10 off, no strings attached. I was not paid or asked to write this review, I just feel strongly enough to recommend them to everyone.

janetl44
10/17/16

Was skeptical about ordering glasses online. Struck out with first pair and exercised the one time replacement option which was a painless interaction via email with customer service rep. Ordered second pair and voila - perfect out of the box. Couldn't fit any better. Eyebuydirect is my go to for eyeglasses from here on out.

Tip for consumers: Check out the numbers on your current eyeglasses and use those dimensions to pick new ones.

lisab278
10/17/16

Great company as long as you do not have a problem....have a problem, try to get it resolved! good luck buddy...1 arm fell off my glasses...just like that....just DROPPED off. At the same time, my spare pair came in and they were huge....i am now on my 18th email to this company over a period of 24 hours.....NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION and i sincerely believe their customer service is enjoying this....i have had 5 different people respond to my emails....crazy...

danielf83
9/20/16

I was very, very, uncertain when I first ordered glasses from the company. After 50+ years of essentially getting robbed by the B&M places however, I decided to take a chance.

I have been nothing but pleases with the experience. I purchased several pair of glasses and will definitely do so in the future. My interactions w/ the personnel has been great as well. These folks seem to understand the customer service concept.

Thank you very much...dwf

yutingy
8/18/16

I don't understand the negative reivews. I just recieved mine today and the process from order to arrival was like 15 days.

I got the Indian Creek and Carla style after 25% and upgraded lenses was only.. the same lenses that VisionWorks charged like 400$ for LoL. I brought a 600$ (frame and lenses) from VisionWork 2015 of March.

Broke down in July from the ledge of the glasses like it just snapped off and I had to make do with krazy glue..but my hair kept getting stuck in the glue plus it always broke down a few days afterward so I used nail polish. Such hassle.

So I finally decided to try something online. Holy cow was there so many option, but eyebuydirect did offered the best value for computer lenses and those 1.6 thin index lenses. So I went with them.

After I order, I decided to snoop around the review sites for them and boy they were most 1 stars. LOL imagine the panic mode I was in.

But thankfully none of that happened. And my order was smooth and I got my perfect glasses for only about 42$ each!!

Compare to those 600$ these glasses actually stays on my nose and I don't need to constantly use my middle finger to up my glasses anymore lOl!

So yes I will be ordering from them to try the different styles and because of their prices.

Do not trust all those negative reviews, I work in the customer service part in a resturant. And yup..customers loves to "magicifly" their complaints to sound extra horrifying. LOL.

There was a mishap where I was charged 3 times from EyebuyDirect because on ordering I clicked "back" twice on ordering because I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway I contacted them and they cancelled all the charges.

Awesome customer service!

emilyh58
8/10/16

I recently ordered a pair of glasses from this company and they came quickly but the prescription was wrong. So I called the number that was provided because I wanted to return them. I thought this would be no big deal because I received an email from them that said no questions asked about returns. When a person picked up the phone I told them I would like to return them. And the person asked what was wrong with them. I was a little confused because I thought no questions would be asked. I told the person that the prescription was wrong and I would like to return them. The person then told me to check with my optometrist. Which didn't make a lot of sense. My optometrist gave me the prescription, why would it be wrong? I have trusted my optometrist for years. And the guy pretty much refused to give me the information on how to send them back until I checked with my optometrist. I said thank you very much and hung up. I tried to be polite about the whole thing but I just want my money back. This has really turned me away from buying glasses online. UPDATE: I went to my optometrist and they said that the left lens prescription was wrong. I double checked the info that I gave Eyebuydirect and I put everything in correctly. They were the one who screwed up.

jenniferb103
8/4/16

I first ordered a month ago, two pairs and I typed my prescription in wrong. They sent me two new pairs for free and they are amazing!! I love them! Since my experience was so good I then ordered prescription sun glasses which came a week later and im in love. Anywhere else here in calgary I would pay up to 500$ a pair. I spent a total of 180$ with eye buy direct for 2 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of prescription sunglasses!!! Its a dream come true!! Didnt break the bank and I didnt have to wait too long for them to arrive!! Ill be ordering from them from now on!

jackied48
7/26/16

My glasses screw fell out within 6 months because they were not made properly.
When I messaged a customer service representative, they placed me on hold and never got back to me.
The sunglasses I ordered were lopsided and don't fit well either.

I thought they were both great - but glasses should last longer than 6 months.

sallyb54
7/15/16

Was very nervous ordering frameless progressive glasses on line!I ordered the glasses July 8th and couldn,t believe it when they got delivered July 15th! to New Zealand!I love them!They cost me $300 compared to $1800 I paid here!The variety and styles at EyeBuy Direct is fantastic,will certainly recommend to others!Fantastic service,very impressed!

joycel39
7/5/16

I have bought 4 pairs of progressive lens previously & a pair of sunglasses. My new pair is totally useless. I am returning them to have normal bi-focal replacement which I really don't want but that is the only option available. The progressive lens they now provide have ONLY PD focus which means you cannot see laterally. That means you can only see straight forward. You have to turn your head left or right to see as the focus is ONLY STRAIGHT AHEAD. Beware anyone who has progressive lens....they won't be what you have been used to.

UPDATE: The standard bi-focal were even worse! Looking down was particularly dangerous. I stumbled many times in the house & tripped going UP the stairs. I then asked for a refund. They then asked me to TAKE A PICTURE OF MYSELF LOOKING FORWARD & TO THE SIDE so they could determine how I looked thru the glasses...WTF!!? I got back an email requesting the same info. I told them AGAIN I didn't want to go thru fooling around with getting 1 pair of glasses...just please credit my account; which they did. I give them 2 stars only because they FINALLY did credit my account.

monicae9
6/11/16

From order to delivery was a great experience. I was notified every step of the process and glasses were delivered one day earlier than notified. Will be ordering more glasses. Oh, the prices are really GREAT!!!

maggieb31
5/22/16

I loved my glasses, but unfortunately they lost a screw and came apart about a month later. i send an email and they replaced them with in twenty four hours of my email. They were quick and understanding, which is really important when you only wear glasses. Despite the mishap the glasses are great quality and loo great.

jenicam
5/21/16

I was never sure about this website, reading the reviews from here I was worried. But goodness I had such an amazing experience, they came fast & they look amazing! The only thing that didn't work for me, was the UPS tracking number, they sent me thru an email. But when I went to the eye buy direct website it worked! Thank you so much eyedirect! I looooveee my sunglasses!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EyeBuyDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question