Review of Coinbase

Tel: 1465489583
support@coinbase.com

sandyw70
8/23/17

Customer service is a bad joke -- nad non existance. I've sent several emails over several weeks to have my bank account verified and not had anything more than an automated response back. Pathetic. Completely untrustworthy.

thomash178
8/14/17

I have been locked out of my account for almost 2 weeks. I have sent three emails to Coinbase to resolve the issue, but they never get back to me.

Unacceptable.

charlesg101
8/12/17

This is one of the worst companies have ever worked with you have no control over your money You have no one you can call or talk to at coinbase They say that they've canceled in order they don't return your money and then when you have your bank reverse the charge they freeze your account, Major headache to work with this company its complete run around if you do it be very careful There is no way for you to have any recourse .

brianh232
8/10/17

I purchased some digital currency using Coin Base. Since then I have been unable to sell as they will not link my account to my bank so the funds can be deposited. In other words, they have my money and will not help me access it. I have e-mailed customer service 5 times, no response. They do not have a phone number you can call, so they just take your money and that's it. Don't take my word for it, read all the other reviews. Avoid this place, they are a pure scam. I will be filing complaints with the state and federal regulatory agencies that oversee them today.

bobg105
7/27/17

I had been trading for about 6 months, about 5 transactions totaling over a thousand dollars USD.

I was buying hard to find parts for my 1971 BSA Thunderbolt Motorcycle and the seller is in England and used BTC to avoid the huge exchange rates.

Suddenly Coinbase decides to close my account and actually stated they thought I was funding Illegal Drug Trading and funding International Terrorism.

When I got hold of them on Twitter after no replied to my emails or phone calls they told me to send them all the invoices and emails to the purchases, the name, address, phone and email of the person I was trading with.

When I refused they froze my funds, $225.00 USD for almost 6 months.

Your better off using https://localbitcoins.com/ no big overhead costs.

miked271
7/26/17

And I had 2 part verification ...hackers got around it somehow and stole $200, sent it to 0xbbc2f10dd3a5c8f6695a8ccba98627614c926377 Nothing I can do. No number to call on coinbase, no recourse. No way crypto currencies gain acceptance given the hacking - scaming nature with no recourse. I'll stick to hard money for now on.

sams381
7/18/17

coinbase sms to login to you account does not work, there is no phone number, no one answers your emails, an no body answers your twitter questions. i think i was scamed.
do not use coinbase

dl155
7/13/17

This is not a review - it's a crime scene. 4 weeks post opening my account & buying $200 worth of bitcoin, they have taken my money yet delivered no bitcoin. They are inaccessible, incommunicado, and illegitimate. They have, in fact, taken the money & run. La Caveat Emptor.

jessek31
7/8/17

Yep, all the other reviews are correct. I went through all the verification stuff which went well. Time came to process my first transaction. I wanted to test the system because I didn't trust it based on the reviews. $30 in Litecoin. 10 minutes later there was no impact to my coinbase or my credit card account (this is claimed to be an INSTANT transaction on their site). I locked the credit card so they can't pull some shi*t on me. Do NOT use coinbase.

patrickf50
7/1/17

i transfer money to coinbase tried to deposit in my checking acct suppose to be there and its not sent emails no response they are a rip off im going to there corp office on monday with the police i will get them locked up and put out of bussiness they are a scam

richardw234
6/30/17

These guys make Bernie look honest, they lock your account to steal your wallet, they don't reply. They don't let you buy and sell at the optimum times, that's for their MatesI
I am about to go after their CEO Personally, and it makes me sad the SEC + FBi are turning a blind eye ? (Guessing they're in on it as its now 100 Billion market)

yukkasc
6/6/17

Their customer support leave much to be desired. Mostly suitable for US citizens. Although the website appeared to me as user friendly and multi functional I often experienced delays with transactions.

tomg127
6/4/17

If anyone is interested I've been ripped off and daleyed on pay outs and purchases. Send contact info to dropptechnology@gmail.com I'll be contacting a lawyer Monday morning.

jayr90
5/25/17

Coinbase HQ
1 Front St
San Francisco, CA 94107
United States

In case anyone needs to make an appearance ;)

randye21
5/25/17

trying to contact them now for several days and no response, funny thing is when i first signed up before I deposited money I emailed them and they responded with in the day now that I have 10s of thousands in account no response.
does anyone now where there base of operations are I would like to fly there and confront in Person...

joew116
5/23/17

Stay Away!!!!! Horrible customer support high fees slow everything retarded
TOS and pointless to use.

richardc241
5/4/17

No way to recover your Funds... if they block your account...following there prompts nothing,it comes back to a closed loop,,,smells like they are corrupt

BAD...Bad... Bad

davidk303
4/24/17

The emails to and from "support" are ridiculous. I simply lost a piece of paper with my 2FA key on it and also lost my authenticator connection on my phone app. There is nothing at all I can do to fix this unless Coinbase disables my 2FA. Everyone else has done it without compromising their security concerns, but Coinbase won't do anything about it at all. So effectively they are holding all my funds forever for no good reason. I know I am not the only person who ever lost their 2FA app and their key at the same time! Does anyone know what I can do to get my money from these people??

andrewd86
4/24/17

I give them a one star only because if I gave them what I think they really deserve, zero stars, it won't count in the rating! I've been wasting my time with CoinBase now for almost 3 weeks and I'm done! The website is not intuitive and represents 100% of the customer interaction. There are rules/policies in effect that I could not find on the website! I had to go to various forums for an explanation. What a waste of time and I don't know how accurate the descriptions on the form are! Lastly, there is no human interaction for customer service! There is no one to call!!!!
I am not dealing with the company that is such a disregard for the customers themselves and the customer experience overall.

williamv35
4/9/17

I started buying, selling, and transferring BitCoins via CoinBase in 2014, and was a very satisfied customer.

Unfortunately, their service has declined in 2017, to the point that I will no longer be doing business with them. They used to have chat support. That's gone. The only means they offer their customers to contact them, is via a form on their website,
which generates an automated response.

A month or so ago, I started having problems with the delivery times of my U.S. Dollars to my bank account whenever I sold BitCoin via CoinBase. In the past, when I sold BitCoin, my account online would indicate a date when the transaction would be complete, and it would be complete on that date. Not anymore! A couple days might go by, after the delivery date, and there wouldn't be so much as a pending transaction listed on my bank account's website, or at my bank, if I spoke to someone at the bank.

This month (April, 2017), I have been unable to log all the way into my CoinBase account. If I've cleared my cookies, I usually get a message from CoinBase, when I login, asking me to follow a link in an e-mail they just sent me, in order to verify the
device I'm using. This month, I receive the same message, but no such e-mail! (Yes, I checked my Spam and Trash folders.) I appear to be logged in; my user name appears in the upper, righthand corner of their page, but I can't access anything.

I've tried logging out and logging back in, and reclearing my cookies, but their site will no longer generate an e-mail to verify my device.

This is just too stressful! To make matters worse, I had set up automatic, monthly buys via CoinBase. I'm going to put the kebosh on that from my bank's end, and am never going to use CoinBase again!

teddya6
4/4/17

Its just too dangerous at this point. I haven't heard anything back from them and have literally lost a few thousand dollars because I can't trade and they haven't responded to any of my emails. Its been a week and they have my money in their account and I cant do anything about it. I'm not sure if its a scam or they just have a REALLY REALLY bad customer support. But a 5 days without any answers?? Thats odd.

dank85
4/1/17

I give coinbase 0 stars! Ignore the single star I was forced to give by the comment form validation. I am a professional developer and work with websites all the time. Their flaky website behavior, the fact that they hold your crypto hostage for long periods, and primarily the worst customer service I've ever experienced, all add up to a big FAT goose-egg. If I could give them negative points I would. My fear is that they are in some kind of major trouble and have let everything go to hell while they focus on whatever the eff it is! My advice is to get any funds out of their control as fast as you can, close your account and don't look back!

I forgot to mention, that I have a simple problem that could be easily corrected were I able to speak with any kind of customer service or support person. I've sent multiple emails, created cases that do not ever appear in my "my cases" area on the website and have called every phone number I can find... Absolutely 0 response. Worst website ever.

Tip for consumers: Stay as far away from this exchange as possible.

nm51
3/22/17

Charged me high fees to sell bitcoin, and sold at below the current market price, I am sure they pocketed the difference. My sell transaction was also delayed by 4 days.

daniels267
3/21/17

I was trading Bitcoin and Ethereum on Coinbase for several months, and I made some nice profits. However, when decided to convert my Bitcoin back into dollars and withdraw my funds to my bank, the sum was deducted from my Coinbase wallet but never deposited into my verified account. I have sent half a dozen emails to Coinbase 'support' over a period of weeks, but have been completely ignored. I frankly cannot believe such a blatant scam is allowed to continue operating.

johns1671
3/14/17

THEY STOLE MONEY FROM ME THEN CLOSSED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE i CALLED THEM ON IT IS THERE ANY RECORSE????????

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L. on 7/9/15
Helpful answer

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W. on 6/27/15
Helpful answer

you can transfer money to bitcoins and vice & verca. On the other hand, with other bitcoin gateways, there are many barriers to cash in and cash out. I think from a global point of view it is the major issue for bitcoin growth. If everyone could change its own local money very quickly into bitcoin & vice versa, there would be much more bitcoin economy thank now.

By bernard d. on 11/10/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

Coinbase?