Review of Coinbase

Tel: 1465489583
support@coinbase.com

yukkasc
6/6/17

Their customer support leave much to be desired. Mostly suitable for US citizens. Although the website appeared to me as user friendly and multi functional I often experienced delays with transactions.

tomg127
6/4/17

If anyone is interested I've been ripped off and daleyed on pay outs and purchases. Send contact info to dropptechnology@gmail.com I'll be contacting a lawyer Monday morning.

jayr90
5/25/17

Coinbase HQ
1 Front St
San Francisco, CA 94107
United States

In case anyone needs to make an appearance ;)

randye21
5/25/17

trying to contact them now for several days and no response, funny thing is when i first signed up before I deposited money I emailed them and they responded with in the day now that I have 10s of thousands in account no response.
does anyone now where there base of operations are I would like to fly there and confront in Person...

joew116
5/23/17

Stay Away!!!!! Horrible customer support high fees slow everything retarded
TOS and pointless to use.

richardc241
5/4/17

No way to recover your Funds... if they block your account...following there prompts nothing,it comes back to a closed loop,,,smells like they are corrupt

BAD...Bad... Bad

davidk303
4/24/17

The emails to and from "support" are ridiculous. I simply lost a piece of paper with my 2FA key on it and also lost my authenticator connection on my phone app. There is nothing at all I can do to fix this unless Coinbase disables my 2FA. Everyone else has done it without compromising their security concerns, but Coinbase won't do anything about it at all. So effectively they are holding all my funds forever for no good reason. I know I am not the only person who ever lost their 2FA app and their key at the same time! Does anyone know what I can do to get my money from these people??

andrewd86
4/24/17

I give them a one star only because if I gave them what I think they really deserve, zero stars, it won't count in the rating! I've been wasting my time with CoinBase now for almost 3 weeks and I'm done! The website is not intuitive and represents 100% of the customer interaction. There are rules/policies in effect that I could not find on the website! I had to go to various forums for an explanation. What a waste of time and I don't know how accurate the descriptions on the form are! Lastly, there is no human interaction for customer service! There is no one to call!!!!
I am not dealing with the company that is such a disregard for the customers themselves and the customer experience overall.

williamv35
4/9/17

I started buying, selling, and transferring BitCoins via CoinBase in 2014, and was a very satisfied customer.

Unfortunately, their service has declined in 2017, to the point that I will no longer be doing business with them. They used to have chat support. That's gone. The only means they offer their customers to contact them, is via a form on their website,
which generates an automated response.

A month or so ago, I started having problems with the delivery times of my U.S. Dollars to my bank account whenever I sold BitCoin via CoinBase. In the past, when I sold BitCoin, my account online would indicate a date when the transaction would be complete, and it would be complete on that date. Not anymore! A couple days might go by, after the delivery date, and there wouldn't be so much as a pending transaction listed on my bank account's website, or at my bank, if I spoke to someone at the bank.

This month (April, 2017), I have been unable to log all the way into my CoinBase account. If I've cleared my cookies, I usually get a message from CoinBase, when I login, asking me to follow a link in an e-mail they just sent me, in order to verify the
device I'm using. This month, I receive the same message, but no such e-mail! (Yes, I checked my Spam and Trash folders.) I appear to be logged in; my user name appears in the upper, righthand corner of their page, but I can't access anything.

I've tried logging out and logging back in, and reclearing my cookies, but their site will no longer generate an e-mail to verify my device.

This is just too stressful! To make matters worse, I had set up automatic, monthly buys via CoinBase. I'm going to put the kebosh on that from my bank's end, and am never going to use CoinBase again!

teddya6
4/4/17

Its just too dangerous at this point. I haven't heard anything back from them and have literally lost a few thousand dollars because I can't trade and they haven't responded to any of my emails. Its been a week and they have my money in their account and I cant do anything about it. I'm not sure if its a scam or they just have a REALLY REALLY bad customer support. But a 5 days without any answers?? Thats odd.

dank85
4/1/17

I give coinbase 0 stars! Ignore the single star I was forced to give by the comment form validation. I am a professional developer and work with websites all the time. Their flaky website behavior, the fact that they hold your crypto hostage for long periods, and primarily the worst customer service I've ever experienced, all add up to a big FAT goose-egg. If I could give them negative points I would. My fear is that they are in some kind of major trouble and have let everything go to hell while they focus on whatever the eff it is! My advice is to get any funds out of their control as fast as you can, close your account and don't look back!

I forgot to mention, that I have a simple problem that could be easily corrected were I able to speak with any kind of customer service or support person. I've sent multiple emails, created cases that do not ever appear in my "my cases" area on the website and have called every phone number I can find... Absolutely 0 response. Worst website ever.

Tip for consumers: Stay as far away from this exchange as possible.

nm51
3/22/17

Charged me high fees to sell bitcoin, and sold at below the current market price, I am sure they pocketed the difference. My sell transaction was also delayed by 4 days.

daniels267
3/21/17

I was trading Bitcoin and Ethereum on Coinbase for several months, and I made some nice profits. However, when decided to convert my Bitcoin back into dollars and withdraw my funds to my bank, the sum was deducted from my Coinbase wallet but never deposited into my verified account. I have sent half a dozen emails to Coinbase 'support' over a period of weeks, but have been completely ignored. I frankly cannot believe such a blatant scam is allowed to continue operating.

johns1671
3/14/17

THEY STOLE MONEY FROM ME THEN CLOSSED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE i CALLED THEM ON IT IS THERE ANY RECORSE????????

richarde67
2/27/17

Coinbase is not to be trusted. As with many other complaints I have seen. They have lost/stolen $190.00 from me, they have no Phone number posted anywhere to contact them, they will not answer to any complains you have from the website, or if they do eventually answer to a problem from the website after several weeks, they will just tell you there is nothing they can do.
I am opening a case with the Better Business Bureau, and any other authority I can contact.
DO NOT USE COINBASE... STAY AWAY!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM COINBASE.

johnd728
2/27/17

Horrible company and that goes along with their cudtomer service. I have messaged the CEO cia twitter and the bull$#*! support. My account was frozen on Febr 13th. After several e-mails all I get is nothing, and I mean nothing. Head all the warnings! Coinbase will take your money, not resolve the issue and continue taking other peoples money. I will be reporting them and now I'm super pissed and willing to do whatever I have to. Digital currency is supposed to be the future but Counbase is your typicak bull$#*! company. DONT BUY ANY COINS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER SIGHTS. ALSO, THE ONE GOOD REVIEW ON HERE IS A FAKE. How can one person be taken care of while the rest of us are robbed. SHADY SHADY!!!! THE CEO SENDS MESSAGES VIA TWITTER ABOUT BLAH BLAH BLAH. He is making OUR money. I would love to meet him in person. You are a piece of $#*! Coinbase.

ericm170
2/20/17

I followed all the prompts,protocol, jumped thru all the hoops. Linked bank account, tried to purchase, problems, and on and on they are either tototally incompetent or a complete scam. Stay away.

cv47
1/19/17

I must also agree that when you have a problem with them, they are not found, and their default action is to suspend your account.

UPDATE: Coinbase, after closing my account, reinstated me. My account is working and I did not lose funds. I wanted to update everybody to let them know that Coinbase did resolve my issue to my satisfaction, although it was painfully slow.

trevoro7
12/30/16

All the other complaints I've just read verified my fears.

donnad81
10/18/16

The first few transactions were OK. Their minimum deposits drove me nuts but at least I was getting my bitcoins when I order them. Now I have a much more critical issue. On the 12th of October I requested that Coinbase transfer money from my bank account to purchase some bitcoins. The money was withdrawn from my bank account on October 14th. Today is October 18 and I still have no money in my Coinbase account. The support sucks you cannot talk to anyone. When you email them they just refer you to their support on the website. I do not recommend these people to anyone. They may treat you right in the beginning but as you begin to trust them they will take your money. You are completely at their mercy. Not a good place to be with these shady characters.

williamm251
10/4/16

I opened my account with Bitcoin in the Spring of 2016. My acct 'opened' fine after their stated waiting period. Had questions on multi-cosigners, found answer on Youtube before they got to me 3-4 weeks later. "Aound" this time, my ISP, Verizon sold out to Frontier (MANY problems in FL). At this point CANNOT CONNECT TO COINBASE - (have tried 3 times, but won't "Recognize Device" EVEN AFTER THEY SEND A "TRY AGAIN". About a FULL MONTH between responses. Have OPEN TROUBLE TICKET, but response is "About Monthly". I am wondering if I will have to get a LAWYER "Touch" them.... or whether I have LOST MY MONEY.

I have lost ALL FAITH IN THEM, and discourage ANYONE from using BITCOIN.COM for ANY cryptocurrency dealings. It is now 10/4/16, and I have not had access since Late JULY 2016!

joyceu1
8/4/16

Coinbase is the number one wallet provider for cryptocurrency. Its fast, secure and dependable. The addition of ethereum makes their platform to win more customers to them. I will recommend it all. Hope that bitcoin can rise again soon.

rexfordc
7/6/16

I found out that they cancelled my transaction for no good reason, but they they say they'll refund my money in 2-4 days. Ridiculous, but it's better than nothing.
I have another transaction pending. If that comes through, I'll keep them. I have high hopes, though my expectations are low.

davidsonw
7/5/16

I found a series of fraudulent charges ACH from Coinbase to my bank account. Coinbase does not seem to have proper fraud controls in place to prevent the abuse of their platform which does not speak well of the company as a whole. A call to their fraud department results in an unprofessional voice mail instead of a fraud professional.They should do better.

gerardd15
7/1/16

These people have the worst customer service in human history.
On June 14th I sent an email to Coinbase support stating that my account has been locked.
June 16th, Josh from Coinbase responded and told me that it was because my payment for a previous purchase was pending and it should clear in a day or two and at that point, my account abilities would be restored. Thats the last I ever heard from him or anyone at Coinbase.
June 24th, I sent a follow up inquiry (no response)
June 27th, I sent a follow up inquiry (no response)
June 29th, I sent a follow up inquiry (no response)
June 30th, I sent a follow up inquiry (no response)
I have tried to call information to get their number, they are not listed. Ive contacted the Better Business Review and searched dozens of sites online to try to talk to a human. All they say is to send an email or go to their website. However, they are totally unresponsive. These people have the worst customer support of any business that I have ever seen! With no way to contact them and no way to get a response. It is very frustrating!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L. on 7/9/15
Helpful answer

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W. on 6/27/15
Helpful answer

you can transfer money to bitcoins and vice & verca. On the other hand, with other bitcoin gateways, there are many barriers to cash in and cash out. I think from a global point of view it is the major issue for bitcoin growth. If everyone could change its own local money very quickly into bitcoin & vice versa, there would be much more bitcoin economy thank now.

By bernard d. on 11/10/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

Coinbase?