Review of Coinbase

Tel: +1 (888) 908-7930
support@coinbase.com

toms727
11/17/18

They hold ur money for 14 days .... Whats the hell is up with that in the 21 century..
When an ACH deposit takes 2 business days

robertw856
10/13/18

Although they advertise that ACH transfers clear through in 4-5 days, Coinbase holds up clearing funds for up to 30 days with no explanation. The fact is that they make millions in interest by holding on to all of our assets. I will be using another exchange for sure.

kimberlyh232
9/18/18

I had troubles with coin base some days ago. I couldn't find my coins in my wallet, no appearance that it was sent out of the wallet as well. I sent a message to one of their customer care representative on whatsapp to get it solved. I was so scared.

amnerisp
7/15/18
• Updated review

I figured I was never going to get help from Customer Service, so my son suggested that I should try to enlarge the scanned id that Coinbase kept saying it was unreadable. I enlarged it so much that it was almost the size of my laptop screen and then cut off any white that was outside of the id itself so that it was fairly big in comparison to the actual id and hopefully readable. I tried uploading it again and bingo! it went through. After that the automatic process was fairly quick. In about 24 hours I was able to login.

It is honestly sad that no customer service person ever got back to me. Had someone tried to take the time to figure out what was the problem it would have made my life a lot easier. I figured if everything is alright you should have no problems but if something goes wrong, be prepared to figure it out because you will get no help.

“Terrible... they keep saying they will escalate my issue and nothing happens.”
• Previous review

I have been calling, emailing, etc. and after a month I still cannot log in my account because they cannot read my id? What? They had no problems with it when I signed up with them... Why do they need my id anyway?... I have the same phone number I just lost prior verification on last phone... Not even my bank asks for this... especially when I have my password. They keep "escalating" my problem when I told them I wanted to close my account, but I get no follow up. After calling after a week they told me it was sent to the WRONG department. Second escalation produced exact same results.. after three days no follow up. After calls and emails I'm finally telling them I will contact the state attorney's office.
Canned very nice email answers... no results... I'm really getting worried here. STAY AWAY!!

jessicas527
7/15/18

I am a regular customer of Btc trading i found some problems in my Coinbase wallet to transfer funds.As i was not getting any responce i got hold of support team who helped me to resolve my problems.Thank You.

williamh582
7/11/18

In my opinion you should never consider using Coinbase. I put money into my account, but I cannot do anything with it, as after many days of pleading with them they still have not let me gain access to see it. They just keep telling me, "That my issue has been properly escalated" I wish I was a lawyer to know whether this is legal or not. It definitely should not be.

carlosr140
7/6/18

With an amazing support (livechat support, ticket system, email support) cryptoexmart has proven to be the best website to buy or sell bitcoins worldwide.

johne406
7/1/18

I would rather put this at 3.5 - 4 stars but I think this site is way underrated and needs a bump. It has been a breeze to use, transfers from Nicehash are free, and the fees don't seem unreasonable to me. I would like to see more currencies offered. I'm sure my naivety is considerable in a lot ways, but for simple crypto banking, Coinbase can't be beat.

samirp3
7/1/18

I would advise all to contact binaryoptionrefundnow AT(tutanota)(dot)(com) they helped me recover my invested money I had with plus500 and Ivoryoption last week. 30k and 20k respectively for both companies I cant help but post their services online. They also helped my neighbour with the same issue we got into together. This binary option scam issue is really turning to wide spread disease, I advise to contact binaryoptionrefundnowAT(tutanota)(dot)(com) if you have fallen into the same binary option scheme by these brokers. So far they have recovered all the money from both my plus500 and Ivoryoption accounts, contact them to do the same.

nicolev48
6/17/18

Coinbase Support +1(855)750-0786 helped me to recover my funds which were stuck in my wallet.They were really nice and helpful
Recommended for all users.Thank You.

jennyl147
6/17/18

good support from Coinbase Helpline +1(855)750-0786.I was worried about my Bitcoins as i was unable to send my bitcoins for trading.Thanks to the support staff.

martone
6/15/18

That is why I recommend everyone to start using cryptoexmart, a US based service but better service worldwide

qqqa
6/14/18

This is a bad site for those who are new to cryptocurrency. The price for small amounts is very high and the fees are enormous. Stay away if you're new to the game.

Before signing up and actually transferring money to your account, it isn't possible to see what the USD-BTC rates are.

It is, however, cheaper to trade on the related site GDAX. But in Europe, this requires two identity documents (passport, id-card, driver's licence.) So, for those who don't have a driver's licence, it isn't possible to trade on GDAX.

francoisb10
4/24/18

7 days and counting and my money is still not available, no help from support, money was taken out of my bank account within minutes of opening account.

cryptot1
4/16/18

Overall, Coinbase is reliable but there is room for improvement.
For example, instant buying through cards don't go throw 9/10 times so you have to use bank transfer which can take 1-3 days and by then the Coin prices have changed. Another downside is that they didn't actually pay out the "refer a friend" bonus. The referred friend got his bonus though so at least it's something...
For people who are just getting started, Coinbase is a trusted exchange and despite the limited Coins offered at least you get a good start without getting ripped off.

larryk81
3/25/18

I purchased some bitcoins from coinbase last week but nothing is showing up in my wallet. I have emailed the issue but no responce and trying to contact live support but all lines are busy.

phills4
3/25/18

I called Coinbase Support +1(855)750-0786 to recover my bitcoins which were lost as i was scared of loosing my money they started working and really they helped me to get my btc back.
Recommended for all users.Thank You.

tommyl42
3/14/18

Real crooks! I can see everywhere there are many people who are ripped off! Stop this business! They are blocking my funds and I can't get my money back. I don't know what to do. I've send a lot of emails, try to call them. Now I'll ask the police.

yogeshk14
2/27/18

Giving 1star because these isnt an option to give a negative star
I have already lost approx USD 1100 trying to deal with them.
Stay away

mateog4
2/24/18

Coinbase is an exchange to buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin. Now by all means don't go spend your life savings on something you are not sure about. But if you want to get in on the crypto craze and buy $50 or $100 bucks of cryptocurrency this is an easy app and website to get started. They are regulated and your security is very important. I would use again. Easy app also

jeromyb
2/24/18

Coinbase Charged multiple charges on 02-15-2018, totaling almost $3000. They would have took more if it was available.
I spent 3 hours on hold to talk to a $#*! that assured me it was the credit card company that did it not them, and that my funds would be returned in a day or 2. Well that didn't happen. On the 21st Coinbase sent me $700 which isn't close to what they stole out of my account. I sent 4 emails with zero response.
Done with it, filed fraud with my bank and still waiting for my money.
I will never use this $#*! company again.
Hello Gemini

maecusl
2/21/18

Recommended for all customers to resolve your issues.Thank You.I had no problems making several transactions. It was smooth so far. I believe some people have no patience or are awkward on how to use it. Only thing is find live support, but I think they will in the future when they expand staff.

dmans
2/17/18

I lost my phone and it has been over a month and I haven't had access. Their support is worthless. I would give them no stars if I could and that would be more then they deserve. They ask if my account has been hacked? How would I know, I cant' log in. These folks suck to a new level of suck-a-tude.

chrisl282
2/5/18

Coinbase has been a scam for me.
My account was fine and then it got blocked just when I wanted to sell and close it!! Mmmm!
It has been 10 weeks and they will not help.
If enough of us complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) that might help some.

fucky99
1/30/18

72 hour withdrawal delays on every transaction. Even after DL upload and bank accounts verified. Just no excuse for it. Their transaction fee's are close to Mob rules. You will lose 10% of all Bitcoins bought through Coinbase through transaction fee's. They just charged me 4% fee on a Bitcoin purchase and they will charge more to send it. They have had for three months running, "sorry we are overloaded" so expect delays and no customer for service. Three months in a row. They are a scam

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L.

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W.

The thing is people generally only write a review if they got cheated. And thus from all the reviews (not just this site) you can tell that they screwed over a lot of people (including me). Let's say that 95% of people have a good experience with the site, what about the remaining 5%. If a company is not loyal to all its customers then that company should not exist, especially a company dealing with money. My advice is, stay away from them. Use localbitcoins to trade and bitgo to store, way better and more secure.

By Simple B.

They try to compete with prices of local traders causing them to lose money because of the volatility of bitcoin. To save themselves they go offline, delay transactions, etc and wait for the bitcoin price to turn in their favor before they send you your money. Classic bitcoin company scheme, stay way from them at all cost. Use localbitcoin, way better.

By Simple B.

Scam, they stole a couple of thousand from me. And i can't do anything because bitcoin transactions are anonymous.

By Simple B.

No, bitcoin is a currency not a stock. You can buy anytime anywhere.

By Simple B.

If you find out let me know. I have tried for weeks. They want you to verify a bank account which it won't let you do. I contacted the bank and they said the problem is on Coinbases side. Its a black hole. I bought with my credit card and asked for a refund to my account and I also reported Coinbase to the FBI and filed a report. I also contacted my congressmen asking them to help shut this scam down. China and South Korea are in the process of banning them or already have. Hopefully they can catch these crooks and jail them for life.

By Gary J.

By baba b.

Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

Coinbase?