Review of Coinbase

Tel: +1 (888) 908-7930
support@coinbase.com

stevec633
7/10/19

I have been emailing, and calling Coinbase support for days without help. I am unable to access my account . Coinbase has not given me access to my funds. They claim a customer support person will be in touch, when???? Do NOT use Coinbase.

rodneyk39
7/5/19

Yes Coinbase stole my money too....This is the worst case of out and out, open to the public to see, theft I have ever seen. I used Coinbase for about a year. Never had any problem, but then I never tried to take any money out. About 45 days ago I tried to take some of my coins out and my account was Immediately locked. I have not been allowed back in my account now for over 48 days.....I've talked to their support but that was a waste of time. Now they have my number blocked and all I get is a message to email support. My total loss will be over $4000....I hope anybody reading this will be warned....Don't use this company.....It is a major scam. Someday I'm sure the CEO Brian Armstrong will be prosecuted....He must be a really bad guy...So many peoples lives have been affected by his greed....STAY AWAY

Tip for consumers: DON't

juliah214
7/4/19

After I terrible experience buying bitcoins at coinbase, I was introduced to coinsfix. com where I could buy bitcoins very easily. I bought bitcoins very easily and they charged me just $5 for a $19,998 purchase.

rk208
6/29/19

Steer clear of coinbase.com... they took $300USD from my acct as "hold fees" even though my balance with them was only about $310USD... so Thievy "let me" pull out $4USD, so f-ed up, this company should be shut down.

curtisb97
6/25/19

Coinbase has lately been manipulating how we purchase currencies to THEIR advantage! When I make a deposit to my bank and then try to buy a crypto currency with it, Coinbase will only let me spend a certain amount from my checking account, while letting me spend an unlimited amount with my debit card....WHICH ARE THE SAME FUNDS FROM THE SAME ACCOUNT!! Coinbase makes 3 times as much money when we use our debit cards than from our checking accounts and I believe THIS is their reason for doing so. I've contacted them via phone and email MULTIPLE times but get nowhere. I simply get an email back from them saying "Case Closed" with no explanation, nor do they fix the problem! This is serious manipulation and I believe borders on outright FRAUD!

rickd256
6/24/19

Coinbase has stolen my deposit. I am preparing to take them to court. Please stay away from this company.

johnm2991
6/16/19

I have funds in coinbase and cannot get in to remove them. Their customer service personnel are "clueless".

edwardh205
6/14/19

Just received the coinbase debit card through the post. Only one problem, coinbase won't let me make deposits into my GBP wallet. So can't buy any cryptocurrency without making a fiat deposit first. I will reside this debit card to the history books before I even get to activate it, just as I predict the company behind it will.

Coinbase (CONbase) is unpredictable and a untrustworthy waste of time.

edwardh204
6/11/19

.............................................................................................................

stevef119
5/23/19

Horrible, my account is level 3 verified which is maxed out verification & they started declining all my cards, now I needed this transaction instantly & I got promoted to attach my bank & it will also be instant well turns out it wasn't it is 10 days for it to process so they falsely advertised, then they limit my account after I already purchased so they added even more days to my wait time but I needed this instantly now there is no point in me waiting 2 weeks to receive the Bitcoin. They refused to cancel the transaction & told me the only option was to wait, do not trust them with your money!

timothyy10
5/22/19

DO NOT USE Coinbase. I deposited my money in a Coinbase account. After I made the deposit, I was informed that I would not be able to access my money for fifteen days. They say this is to prevent fraud.

After the fifteen day waiting period I checked my account to find my money was gone. Coinbase offers no explanation for this no would they take any steps to correct the problem. The only reply I received was one informing me that the case was closed and that no further action would be taken.

When I tried again to get any answers the reply was the same.

This is the most blatantly crooked organization on the mainstream web if you ask me. How they can commit thievery and still call themselves legitimate is beyond me. Next time I'll take my chances on the dark web.

ashleys439
5/19/19

I had bought $200 of BTC and Coinbase said my bank declined for whatever reason. Ok fine, but I look at my bank and it did go through. So my 200 bucks is now on a freaking hold for 2 weeks. To top it off, they're saying I owe them the money now because they claim to have fronted me the money. My account has been disabled until I pay them another $200! They said within 3 days they will start selling off my cryptocurrency to make up for the payment they claim they never got. Although the proof is right there on my bank statement. I've contacted support but suspect they won't resolve this in a timely manner or ever actually.

Anyone ready for a class action? Email me hidesmash@secmail.pro

mochamadf2
5/19/19

Friendly is the base.. Nma moyuz lahir d cicalengka kab Bandung selamat berteman semoga sehat selalu

Tip for consumers: 00,10

happye6
4/29/19

Buyers BEWARE, horrible customer service, I made an initial buy of 100 eur no problem, approved my account and I was able to buy bitcoin, I decided to make a larger deposit of 1000 eur, and then ALL of the sudden I have to go through the verification process AGAIN, my verification is accepted the SECOND time, but this time I am not eligible to buy on my account, contact customer service multiple times and get an answer after 10 days,

"Coinbase reviewed your account and has determined that you are not eligible to use the Coinbase platform to purchase cryptocurrency or use our deposit services - as such you are not eligible to link a new payment method. We are not able to provide you with any additional information"

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!

manfordm10
4/11/19

Avoin Conbase at all costs unless you like to beg to use your own funds.

Read this:
"Could Coinbase be manipulating the Bitcoin prices by holding on to client funds and not depositing coins for 7 days (for buy orders using debit card) even after funds were deducted and divulging the information about client holdings to market makers?"

shawng97
3/15/19

They absolutely are dishonest!!! Mine said available instantly, which was total BS, it now says 3 week hold, my bank transferred right away, answered all of the bs security questions and id ,customer support sends out canned emails that do not answer a thing or solve the problem of accessing my money!! Totally Unacceptable,I believe they are just trying to make interest from our money that isn't available to us !!!!!!

matthewr206
2/9/19

Coinbase took my money and will not let me withdraw. I deposited several thousand dollars to Coinbase. They confirmed this deposit with an email and I can see the money when I am logged in. I was able to use this money to buy Bitcoin and pay their (very high) fees. However, when I wanted to withdraw my Bitcoin, they hit with me a long list of verification processes. Even after completing them, my Bitcoin is still frozen. Customer Service will not answer the phone for withdraw problems "at this time". So, my money is gone, Buyer Beware!

chrise189
1/16/19

Well this will be short, but to the point. Coinbase will put a hold on your money so that you can't move it out of coinbase for 20 days. They say this for your security but I believe that it is so they can make more money off of yours while they have it. A hold should be no longer than 10 days this is just unacceptable. And the customer service will do nothing for you. Research before you send your money to them.

lewism77
1/7/19

I was not able to withdraw my money from wallet to my bank account.Really I appreciate the help of support agent thoug it was a bit time taking but at the end very supportive and helpful. I should recommend Coinbase Support.

briang79
12/29/18

Coinbase is the worst bitcoin company. Please do you research and go with some other company. They have no real support and they don't care about their customers.

johnd2165
12/13/18

Well, after you've verified your identity, confirmed & verified your bank account, and buy some crypto, (they say it takes 3-5 business day for your bank to confirm the purchase), what will actually happen is your funds will go through no problem, and once you have crypto on coin base - THE HOLD IT FOR OVER 3 WEEKS - they say you can "send & recieve" in 3-5 business days; but what they really mean is you can TRADE ON COINBASE in 3-5 business days. You won't be able to actually access your funds AT ALL for 3 weeks or more. Too many hoops, bad customer support, dishonest transactions.

andyc189
12/8/18

A bit lazy in case of completing orders and cash out but very helpful. All my purchased have been completed. Good luck.

toms732
11/20/18

You can't get your money out, balances don't show, they have now added another layer of protection allegedly for their clients which only further prohibits you from accessing your money, what money i do have in the account, I can't trade. Time for some class action

toms727
11/17/18

They hold ur money for 14 days .... Whats the hell is up with that in the 21 century..
When an ACH deposit takes 2 business days

robertw856
10/13/18

Although they advertise that ACH transfers clear through in 4-5 days, Coinbase holds up clearing funds for up to 30 days with no explanation. The fact is that they make millions in interest by holding on to all of our assets. I will be using another exchange for sure.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L.

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W.

By Mochamad F.

The thing is people generally only write a review if they got cheated. And thus from all the reviews (not just this site) you can tell that they screwed over a lot of people (including me). Let's say that 95% of people have a good experience with the site, what about the remaining 5%. If a company is not loyal to all its customers then that company should not exist, especially a company dealing with money. My advice is, stay away from them. Use localbitcoins to trade and bitgo to store, way better and more secure.

By Simple B.

I think coinsfix ,com is a better platform to exchange bitcoins and other cryptocurrency

By Julia H.

They try to compete with prices of local traders causing them to lose money because of the volatility of bitcoin. To save themselves they go offline, delay transactions, etc and wait for the bitcoin price to turn in their favor before they send you your money. Classic bitcoin company scheme, stay way from them at all cost. Use localbitcoin, way better.

By Simple B.

Scam, they stole a couple of thousand from me. And i can't do anything because bitcoin transactions are anonymous.

By Simple B.

No, bitcoin is a currency not a stock. You can buy anytime anywhere.

By Simple B.

If you find out let me know. I have tried for weeks. They want you to verify a bank account which it won't let you do. I contacted the bank and they said the problem is on Coinbases side. Its a black hole. I bought with my credit card and asked for a refund to my account and I also reported Coinbase to the FBI and filed a report. I also contacted my congressmen asking them to help shut this scam down. China and South Korea are in the process of banning them or already have. Hopefully they can catch these crooks and jail them for life.

By Gary J.

By baba b.
Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Coinbase