Review of Coinbase

Tel: +1 (888) 908-7930
support@coinbase.com

matthewr206
2/9/19

Coinbase took my money and will not let me withdraw. I deposited several thousand dollars to Coinbase. They confirmed this deposit with an email and I can see the money when I am logged in. I was able to use this money to buy Bitcoin and pay their (very high) fees. However, when I wanted to withdraw my Bitcoin, they hit with me a long list of verification processes. Even after completing them, my Bitcoin is still frozen. Customer Service will not answer the phone for withdraw problems "at this time". So, my money is gone, Buyer Beware!

chrise189
1/16/19

Well this will be short, but to the point. Coinbase will put a hold on your money so that you can't move it out of coinbase for 20 days. They say this for your security but I believe that it is so they can make more money off of yours while they have it. A hold should be no longer than 10 days this is just unacceptable. And the customer service will do nothing for you. Research before you send your money to them.

lewism77
1/7/19

I was not able to withdraw my money from wallet to my bank account.Really I appreciate the help of support agent thoug it was a bit time taking but at the end very supportive and helpful. I should recommend Coinbase Support.

briang79
12/29/18

Coinbase is the worst bitcoin company. Please do you research and go with some other company. They have no real support and they don't care about their customers.

johnd2165
12/13/18

Well, after you've verified your identity, confirmed & verified your bank account, and buy some crypto, (they say it takes 3-5 business day for your bank to confirm the purchase), what will actually happen is your funds will go through no problem, and once you have crypto on coin base - THE HOLD IT FOR OVER 3 WEEKS - they say you can "send & recieve" in 3-5 business days; but what they really mean is you can TRADE ON COINBASE in 3-5 business days. You won't be able to actually access your funds AT ALL for 3 weeks or more. Too many hoops, bad customer support, dishonest transactions.

andyc189
12/8/18

A bit lazy in case of completing orders and cash out but very helpful. All my purchased have been completed. Good luck.

toms732
11/20/18

You can't get your money out, balances don't show, they have now added another layer of protection allegedly for their clients which only further prohibits you from accessing your money, what money i do have in the account, I can't trade. Time for some class action

toms727
11/17/18

They hold ur money for 14 days .... Whats the hell is up with that in the 21 century..
When an ACH deposit takes 2 business days

robertw856
10/13/18

Although they advertise that ACH transfers clear through in 4-5 days, Coinbase holds up clearing funds for up to 30 days with no explanation. The fact is that they make millions in interest by holding on to all of our assets. I will be using another exchange for sure.

amnerisp
7/15/18
• Updated review

I figured I was never going to get help from Customer Service, so my son suggested that I should try to enlarge the scanned id that Coinbase kept saying it was unreadable. I enlarged it so much that it was almost the size of my laptop screen and then cut off any white that was outside of the id itself so that it was fairly big in comparison to the actual id and hopefully readable. I tried uploading it again and bingo! it went through. After that the automatic process was fairly quick. In about 24 hours I was able to login.

It is honestly sad that no customer service person ever got back to me. Had someone tried to take the time to figure out what was the problem it would have made my life a lot easier. I figured if everything is alright you should have no problems but if something goes wrong, be prepared to figure it out because you will get no help.

“Terrible... they keep saying they will escalate my issue and nothing happens.”
• Previous review

I have been calling, emailing, etc. and after a month I still cannot log in my account because they cannot read my id? What? They had no problems with it when I signed up with them... Why do they need my id anyway?... I have the same phone number I just lost prior verification on last phone... Not even my bank asks for this... especially when I have my password. They keep "escalating" my problem when I told them I wanted to close my account, but I get no follow up. After calling after a week they told me it was sent to the WRONG department. Second escalation produced exact same results.. after three days no follow up. After calls and emails I'm finally telling them I will contact the state attorney's office.
Canned very nice email answers... no results... I'm really getting worried here. STAY AWAY!!

jessicas527
7/15/18

I am a regular customer of Btc trading i found some problems in my Coinbase wallet to transfer funds.As i was not getting any responce i got hold of support team who helped me to resolve my problems.Thank You.

williamh582
7/11/18

In my opinion you should never consider using Coinbase. I put money into my account, but I cannot do anything with it, as after many days of pleading with them they still have not let me gain access to see it. They just keep telling me, "That my issue has been properly escalated" I wish I was a lawyer to know whether this is legal or not. It definitely should not be.

carlosr140
7/6/18

With an amazing support (livechat support, ticket system, email support) cryptoexmart has proven to be the best website to buy or sell bitcoins worldwide.

johne406
7/1/18

I would rather put this at 3.5 - 4 stars but I think this site is way underrated and needs a bump. It has been a breeze to use, transfers from Nicehash are free, and the fees don't seem unreasonable to me. I would like to see more currencies offered. I'm sure my naivety is considerable in a lot ways, but for simple crypto banking, Coinbase can't be beat.

samirp3
7/1/18

I would advise all to contact binaryoptionrefundnow AT(tutanota)(dot)(com) they helped me recover my invested money I had with plus500 and Ivoryoption last week. 30k and 20k respectively for both companies I cant help but post their services online. They also helped my neighbour with the same issue we got into together. This binary option scam issue is really turning to wide spread disease, I advise to contact binaryoptionrefundnowAT(tutanota)(dot)(com) if you have fallen into the same binary option scheme by these brokers. So far they have recovered all the money from both my plus500 and Ivoryoption accounts, contact them to do the same.

nicolev48
6/17/18

Coinbase Support +1(855)750-0786 helped me to recover my funds which were stuck in my wallet.They were really nice and helpful
Recommended for all users.Thank You.

jennyl147
6/17/18

good support from Coinbase Helpline +1(855)750-0786.I was worried about my Bitcoins as i was unable to send my bitcoins for trading.Thanks to the support staff.

martone
6/15/18

That is why I recommend everyone to start using cryptoexmart, a US based service but better service worldwide

qqqa
6/14/18

This is a bad site for those who are new to cryptocurrency. The price for small amounts is very high and the fees are enormous. Stay away if you're new to the game.

Before signing up and actually transferring money to your account, it isn't possible to see what the USD-BTC rates are.

It is, however, cheaper to trade on the related site GDAX. But in Europe, this requires two identity documents (passport, id-card, driver's licence.) So, for those who don't have a driver's licence, it isn't possible to trade on GDAX.

francoisb10
4/24/18

7 days and counting and my money is still not available, no help from support, money was taken out of my bank account within minutes of opening account.

cryptot1
4/16/18

Overall, Coinbase is reliable but there is room for improvement.
For example, instant buying through cards don't go throw 9/10 times so you have to use bank transfer which can take 1-3 days and by then the Coin prices have changed. Another downside is that they didn't actually pay out the "refer a friend" bonus. The referred friend got his bonus though so at least it's something...
For people who are just getting started, Coinbase is a trusted exchange and despite the limited Coins offered at least you get a good start without getting ripped off.

larryk81
3/25/18

I purchased some bitcoins from coinbase last week but nothing is showing up in my wallet. I have emailed the issue but no responce and trying to contact live support but all lines are busy.

phills4
3/25/18

I called Coinbase Support +1(855)750-0786 to recover my bitcoins which were lost as i was scared of loosing my money they started working and really they helped me to get my btc back.
Recommended for all users.Thank You.

tommyl42
3/14/18

Real crooks! I can see everywhere there are many people who are ripped off! Stop this business! They are blocking my funds and I can't get my money back. I don't know what to do. I've send a lot of emails, try to call them. Now I'll ask the police.

yogeshk14
2/27/18

Giving 1star because these isnt an option to give a negative star
I have already lost approx USD 1100 trying to deal with them.
Stay away

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L.

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W.

The thing is people generally only write a review if they got cheated. And thus from all the reviews (not just this site) you can tell that they screwed over a lot of people (including me). Let's say that 95% of people have a good experience with the site, what about the remaining 5%. If a company is not loyal to all its customers then that company should not exist, especially a company dealing with money. My advice is, stay away from them. Use localbitcoins to trade and bitgo to store, way better and more secure.

By Simple B.

They try to compete with prices of local traders causing them to lose money because of the volatility of bitcoin. To save themselves they go offline, delay transactions, etc and wait for the bitcoin price to turn in their favor before they send you your money. Classic bitcoin company scheme, stay way from them at all cost. Use localbitcoin, way better.

By Simple B.

Scam, they stole a couple of thousand from me. And i can't do anything because bitcoin transactions are anonymous.

By Simple B.

No, bitcoin is a currency not a stock. You can buy anytime anywhere.

By Simple B.

If you find out let me know. I have tried for weeks. They want you to verify a bank account which it won't let you do. I contacted the bank and they said the problem is on Coinbases side. Its a black hole. I bought with my credit card and asked for a refund to my account and I also reported Coinbase to the FBI and filed a report. I also contacted my congressmen asking them to help shut this scam down. China and South Korea are in the process of banning them or already have. Hopefully they can catch these crooks and jail them for life.

By Gary J.

By baba b.

Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

Coinbase?