Review of Coinbase

Tel: 1465489583
support@coinbase.com

arloc
12/13/17

seriously bad experience with coinbase: id verification is the most frustrating you will ever have. have still not been accepted after nearly a week of trying.
The entire process is inefficient and mostly not working.
Support is ..... well, not there.
hat will happen with your funds if you have an issue and cannot get hold of anyone: these people are not accountable to anyone and cannot be trusted.
This is the sort of organization that give crypto currency a bad name.
use at your own risk

mra54
12/13/17

originally attempted to register with the cellphone app, putting in all necessary information. Each time - about 6 attempts spread out over almost 2 weeks - I would constantly have to go through the same steps until it either locked me in ID limbo or if that got through (only one time mind you), than I would than get stuck in payment verification limbo.

The last attempt was directly on their website (not through the app) to see if it would have better luck seeing as I am given the additional option to upload photos from a jpg. Same result...failed verification.

I noticed other potential users having the same problems based on many of the reviews. The other thing I noticed were the conveniently placed "outages" when prices were at their highs.

This $#*! is extremely phishy. This company is not the future for digital currency exchange...it has failed that "verification".

On a sidenote: if cryptocurrency is supposed to be decentralized, why are you forced to go through a mediary (exchanges) to buy and sell? That is still a form of centralization. Additionally, you can be locked out of access to your wallet or any transactions do to "outages".

vadimd10
12/11/17

Used to be very convenient. Recently needed to do a transfer. After spending time on verifying "new login", I enter the details... and am hit with a 3-day clearance interval because it's not a address I sent to before. Unless you verify with ID, that is - the site states. So I go to that page. Turns out that my country is not supported for ID verification. I try to message the support asking if there is any other way to verify. 3 days later I get a response that they **do not offer email support for residents of my country**. My country is not subject of sanctions by US or EU, this is their own choice. I didn't even know that you could offer paid services while outright denying support.

gilbertm40
12/11/17

Coinbase closed my account for no apparent reason after I purchase $7500 in bitcoin. The transactions were left pending and prompted me to close my account. In the process it shows there is nothing in my wallet and there are no current transactions! Guess what 4 days later the $7500 just cleared my bank account and shows nothing in my wallet!!! Of course no one answers email or phone! What a fraud!!

hatec1
12/2/17

Coinbase does an update this week and I lose all the money in my account. No one answers the phone....after an hour I give up. Emailed customer service and get a reply that it will take 2 weeks to get me. What a scam. Shut this site down

petea25
12/2/17

So I change my phone and try to sign into Coinbase only to find you have to jump through circus rings to get access to your account, because the sign-in re-verifies you after a month of not logging in; and if you don't have the phone number you used to enroll with you have to send a snapshot of your drivers license and a selfy, to say the least it's uncomfortable. Then when I finally get access to the account, 2 DAYS later, I go ahead and send some Bitcoin to an address; well, the address timed out and I had to endure a nerve wracking 2 days before it hit my wallet again. I would never do business with this company again.

markw335
11/29/17

I probably only have less than one quarter of a Bitcoin in my Coinbase wallet at the present moment...........back a few years ago, it was so user friendly and so easy to do things........like transfer Bitcoin and that sort of thing...........now it has morphed into a very user unfriendly whores nightmare.........security is now so damned tight.......that I cannot even get into my account any more..........I have just got so frustrated with them.........and frankly I want nothing to do with cryptocurrencies any more...........that's it............fool me once, shame on you Coinbase.......there has got to be better sites than Coinbase..........do not make the same mistake that I made..........look elsewhere for a cryptocurrency wallet............

donr87
11/8/17

I like their interface, and I was able to buy and sell bitcoin initially. But their verification gets messed up and your funds get stuck in limbo. Definitely don't put in more than you can afford to lose...not because the crypto's may lose value, but because you may not be able to get it back from Coinbase.

fucky93
10/7/17

I hate em. Retarded ass verification system. Aggervation ass $#*!. Coinbase sucks. I ain't got nothing else to say $#*! you and your hundred word minimum. I hate dumb ass $#*!. The market decided. End of review.

firasy1
10/4/17

Someone by using the help of this company commit a fraud on my credit card. They stole my money and this company refused to refund the money back. Be aware of them before you give them your bank account !

richardb358
9/29/17

My mother and grandmother each put in 1000 dollars back in 2014. My mother died last year and my grandmother is 97. I have been trying to get their money back for over a year! I have 28 pages of emails documented and all they do is offer excuses, ask for court orders, anything and everything to stall and or delay you from getting to your money!

I am now in the process of filing complaints with the FBI, California State Attorney General, Both California State Senators and the FinCin bureau and who ever else will take a complaint.

After all the back and forth, I firmly believe that Coinbase is a Bernie Madoff Scam and that the money simply does not exist. A Ponzi Scheme at best!

My Family invested $2000.00 back in 2014, supposed to be worth over $16,000 now and we will probably never see a dime! :(

brandonk37
9/29/17

CoinBase is a horrible company. I tried to send my payment to a vendor and the transaction timed out. CoinBase couldn't process the transaction fast enough and the vendor rejected the transaction. The money was supposed to return to my wallet but it did not.

I went to the FAQ and it states if the transaction times out CoinBase will contact the vendor and submit the payment. I was in contact with the vendor for 7 days with no message from CoinBase. I then e-mailed them 3 times over the next 7 days. Their site states they will be in contact within 48 hours. It took them 21 days to respond to my e-mails. By then I filed a complaint with the BBB.

CoinBase final got a hold of me and said my account was being terminated for a policy violation. Turns out they don't like people reporting them so they close your account. I was told I wouldn't receive a refund but I can keep my remaining .26 cents in my account.

Luckily the vendor felt bad for me and sent me my order for free. So not only did CoinBase keep my money but the vendor had to send me a free order out of good will.

I'd never use CoinBase EVER. They SCAMMED me out of $85.75. This company is a joke.

torib16
9/29/17

Coinbase is scam friends! never trade with coinbase! I have a better way. Buy or sell bitcoins online without verification and registration from https://liviacoins.com They offer great prices and very fast services!

ared2
9/27/17

The worst customer service in America. Can't withdraw funds, on hold for 40 minutes only to be hung up on. They claim they can't place outgoing calls. Smells like a racket big time

garyj59
9/14/17

They will let you put money in with your credit card but there is no way to get your money out once its in there. It has a number of banks that it says you can transfer your funds to but it won't let you verify them. Stay away from it. I have put my charge into dispute with my credit card company. Hopefully the government will shut this down before any others get ripped off.

rickyd14
9/14/17

I buy from liviacoins.com nearly every day and they provide a great service and the nice part is their service is available worldwide.

lenellc
9/13/17

This Company is literally making "tons of money" on every "customer" trade and they can't provide a decent customer experience or real customer service to assist "us customers" that are lining their pockets with real cash.

They seem to have one guy responding to customer request by email (after days of waiting) using canned responses - this is deplorable!!!

kevink140
9/13/17

Transactions pending after 5 days while bitcoin drops. Can't sell or cancel buy orders. Sucks. I won't be using again

nichm
9/10/17

The company allowed me to deposit 5k from my bank but after deposited, somehow couldn't "verify my identity" and held the money refusing to return it. No number to call no customer support and no help. Its been 61 days and still no help from coinbase. Ive reported them to the BBB, but I don't know if that will help. I saw they have 100s of complaints against them there.

robertb499
9/9/17

Can't sell my crypto due to a glitch. Can't get a human to respond to my problem. Been a month and my money is just there. Not accessible to me.

daphneeb
9/9/17

WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!
LOST CLOSE TO $1,000.00 WITH COINBASE.. !! DON'T EVER USE THEM. IF YOU KNOW HOW I CAN GET IT BACK PLEASE EMAIL ME AT DAPHNEEB77@AOL.COM DID TRANSACTION ON 08/21/2017 THANKS AND HELP ME

mjm12
9/7/17

If you are new to bitcoin or even if you are not, do you really want to do business with a company from which the theft of your bitcoin is this easy? Here is my true story:
A few weeks a go, my husband and I decided to make a $10,000 donation to a preschool in our town. His bitcoin investment was doing very well and we felt that we could afford the gift.
Because of the way the tax rules work regarding donations to a nonprofit, donors can avoid capital gains taxes by directly giving property rather than selling the property and then donating cash.
We contacted Rita, the director of the preschool, and let her know that we wanted to make a donation of $10,000 worth of bitcoin. She was delighted, of course. But, as she was unfamiliar with bitcoin, and using online accounts in general, she asked some colleagues about which exchange to use to transfer the money into her bank account.
She chose to open an account in her preschools name at Coinbase. The process of opening an account, verifying the account, and connecting to a bank account at Coinbase is a long, painful process over many days and there are lots of reasons to want to have contact with Coinbase during the process. Unfortunately, Coinbase support is almost non-existent.
However, I did not know this at the time. I assumed that a company as well known as Coinbase must have phone support. So I googled coinbase phone support and a number popped up. I gave this number to Rita.
It turns out that this number was a fraud. When Rita called it, a man identified himself as a Coinbase support rep and asked her to go to a special Coinbase support website where he had Rita enter her username, password, and the confirmation code texted to her phone. Coinbase, by default, requires confirmation of the computer that is being used before allowing a login. They do this by sending a device confirmation email to the email address on file for the account holder. That email must be opened on the same device as that on which the browser is accessing Coinbase. At the moment, we still dont know how the scammers managed to get around this requirement.
The result is that the bitcoin is gone from Ritas preschools account and we are left puzzled about how this was possible given Coinbase security.
The theft seems to be largely the fault of Coinbase for these reasons:
Coinbase support is schockingly bad. Even days after this theft of funds Coinbase has not responded to my emails. This lack of communication leaves their customers without the type of assurance that seems a natural part of handling other peoples money. And anxious customers are prey to scammers.
They offer no telephone support. They dont actually tell you this, by the way. They let you search their site vainly for a number until you decide to google it. If they simply announced on their site,Note: we do not offer phone support, this type of scam could be avoided.
The lack of phone support leaves them open to exactly this type of fraud. They must certainly be aware that this type of scam is a threat to all Coinbase customers but they simply ignore it.
Coinbase security was apparently designed to prevent transactions coming from untrusted devices yet the device confirmation apparently failed and Coinbase was breached.
New account holders are likely to be less sophisticated customers like Rita. Coinbase, therefore, has a responsibility to have excellent security and support for those customers. Better security and/or support would have prevented this scam from succeeding.
Im still waiting to hear something, anything really, from Coinbase. Ive found warnings online for exactly this type of scam and Im wondering why Coinbase has apparently not protected its customers from them. I am hesitantly accepting that our gift of bitcoin is gone, that our gift was stolen by scammers.
And Im left feeling extremely disappointed with Coinbase.

ec204
9/6/17

Dont make the same mistake I did, do not use these low lives, they are a scam just like mtgox was. Stay away and just buy your coins locally and keep them in your paper wallet.

danield140
9/6/17

CoinBase is a RIPOFF! There is no customer service. If you put your money into CoinBase you will lose it like I lost mine. They just steal your money.

brettd19
9/5/17

I am writing a reveiw regards to Coinbase and I feel it is certainly necessary! My main priority is to be as honest as possible to help others make a sensible decision going forward as I can see there are hundreds if not thousands of reviews that can make your mind go all over the place ! I decided not so long ago that I would like to get involved with bitcoin and ethereum and other crypto currencies and that I have a solid bit of money aside that I am willing to risk ! After educating my self like every newbie does about wallets etc and where to buy BTC and ETH and where to store it ! It certainly become aparant to me that knowwhere can be safe storing your crypto coins as hacking seems to be happening more than rainy days in london ! With a respectful amount of money now converted in to crypto , I am sure you can appreciate that worrying about being hacked was certainly crossing my mind constantly ! So now after being excited in getting involved with crypto my experience is turning in to a panic of being hacked or the exchange or hot wallet which is holding my coins being hacked ! So at the time I was holding my bitcoin in blockchain.info and also was reading how they were hacked ! I educated my self further and had seen how bitpay had been hacked which also was a place where my coins were stored ! This allowed to just think know where is safe ! I was reluctant to put anything in with coinbase as I could see endless amounts of reviews and to be honest 90% were bad reviews ! How ever I could see they are a legit company and with a hefty amount of backing so I couldn't work it out how ever you have to believe reviews right ? How ever they had never been hacked directly ! And I can see they offered (offer something which I needed ! A vault for my bitcoin ! I took a leap of faith and transfered all my crypto there eth and btc and put the btc in the multi sig vault as it clearly said this vault choice gives me full control which is what I wanted and is also hack proof and if coinbase goes bust I'm covered ! Also the fact that all digital currencies are insured ! So for me it made sense to have all my crypto there because god forbid something goes wrong I am covered unlike other places! Any with all the bad reviews I still wasn't convinced I made the right decision ! So after a little while passing with my eth in the wallet of coinbase and btc in the vault , lots of articles on google circling about coinbase and their complaints list is through the roof ! I honestly worried and though I am screwed and I won't get my money out ! So I though you know what let's try and withdraw all my eth and see what happens ! So I did ! And it worked immediately and landed in my other wallet straight away Releif ! Next ! I started reading about the multi sig and honestly that's when I thought I messed up as I could see the reviews were horrible and many amounts of people stating they can't get to their crypto when they wished to do so ! I submitted my withdraw from the multi signajd as stated before hand while creating the safe that any withdraw has to go through the process of 2 days before being released ! So I waited patiently and anxiously waiting for the 2 days to arrive ! When the 2 days was complete it then went to pending mode ! As stated in their website ! Still for some reason after seeing reviews again I panicked and thought I am screwed my money is gone ! After 20 mins by bitcoin balance is updated I then test withdraw the full amount and no problem at all! Yes like all these exchanges there is a feee for the transfer ! But tbh I couldn't care less ! Moral of the story ! Coinbase is bloody brilliant ! And can't recommend them enough and I'm actually shocked about these endless reviews because I actually put it to the test for myself and am so glad I did ! Coinbase is brilliant safe efficient and secure ! Any tips to people that have had a bad experience or to new investors using them for the first time is to not associate your account with any gambling and make sure you verify your account fully with documents just like you would with any regulated financial institute ! Apologies if any grammar is not on point ! I am typing this on my phone and I it's a long review and tbh I can't be bothered to go over my review again to check for mistakes :)

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You guys deal with the crooks. They exchange your hard currency to their bitcoins and you loose part of your money because these crooks play with exchange rates. After I sent them $86 to pay for my medicine I found only $72 left on my account there. So, I lost my medicine.

By Stan L.

I'd email again. With companies that do not give out their phone number, you need to repeat your request for answers via email. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

By Lila W.

If you find out let me know. I have tried for weeks. They want you to verify a bank account which it won't let you do. I contacted the bank and they said the problem is on Coinbases side. Its a black hole. I bought with my credit card and asked for a refund to my account and I also reported Coinbase to the FBI and filed a report. I also contacted my congressmen asking them to help shut this scam down. China and South Korea are in the process of banning them or already have. Hopefully they can catch these crooks and jail them for life.

By Gary J.

you can transfer money to bitcoins and vice & verca. On the other hand, with other bitcoin gateways, there are many barriers to cash in and cash out. I think from a global point of view it is the major issue for bitcoin growth. If everyone could change its own local money very quickly into bitcoin & vice versa, there would be much more bitcoin economy thank now.

By bernard d.

Questions? Get answers from the Coinbase staff and other customers.

Coinbase?