Review of Angie's List

Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Tel: 1522042066

lm120
8/13/17

I highly recommend David Gomez and his team for exterior home painting at Lake Monticello. They did an excellent job in a timely fashion. They were knowledgeable about the type of paint I would need for vinyl siding and David gave me his discount to purchase the paint. There was never anything inappropriate while they were working here. David's price was quite reasonable as well. I would trust them anytime to complete a job!!

danielles121
8/6/17

Just signed up as "green", no cost.
Cannot get any info, just their list of "deals".
Trying to get info on auto repair, Medical Lake or Airway Heights Washington.
No luck at all, they keep nagging me to join, even though I am a member.
Guess their "green" membership is a scam.
Since I can't even get a list with a name and address on it, maybe nobody repairs cars in Spokane County Washington, according to Angie's list.
Don't pay for a membership.
Angie's is just another scam.

ashleea2
7/31/17

No matter how bad or good your business is, If you pay to be on their website they will make sure you are #1 and that you will become the best of the best of the contractors out there. I told them I didn't want to pay for their services due to being outrageous expensive. They stated that we will go to the bottom of the list even if we are A rated. If you do have a bad review show up (it's either not your business or someone just posting lies just to put reviews) It will take 6 months or longer to remove the F rating and they will take the other person's side in the matter instead of the company that pays to be on the "list" and has the evidence of the wrong doing.

carlab49
7/24/17

Because I dont use email I was denied access to Angies list I found a phone number so I called for help. The recording said I must undate to gold. Angies list is not free. They are paid by the contractors therefore they are not there to help the consumer. Angies list is glorified advertising.

peteh53
7/18/17

Angies list is a sham. Not only do they steal your money but they provide you with none of the service they offered. My 6 year old niece got us more referrals than Angie's list. Which isn't difficult since Angie's got us zero, and yes we did all we were supposed to do on our end and we're top rated company on the list. Such a shame they are getting away with ripping so many people off.

travasj
7/12/17

It's sad to say there's so many fake reviews on Angies list! I'm a A rated company on Angie's List but there's fictitious ones on there and i told them they false. And they would not take them off! So sad duraplexhome com

patiencea2
6/25/17

A service that assists one to find a reputable service provider, that has HORRIBLE customer service practices. WOW, I learned my lesson.

juliek62
6/22/17

angie sucks suck suck suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toshah1
6/21/17

Their so called certified contractors are a joke. The sales and customer service is by far the worst.

eileenh27
6/6/17

I've submitted a review before, citing my frustration with the fact that AF won't let me unsubscribe. AL contacted me on June 6, 2017 and informed me that they would subscribe me. They continue to send me emails (ads) every day since then. Don't sign up - they will never stop sending you ads. Eileen H.

donaldy2
6/3/17

Had used a few venders for work and it's a hit and miss thing. Some where fine others were so bad I can't believe they were recommended and not screened out . About two years or more I called and cancelled my subscription and they verified they would . Didn't really look careful enough until today and noticed it was still active and they were still automatically renewing subscription . Called and they said they had no record of cancellation and said they would prorate this year and cancel. Not good customer service . Will not be using them and have not for over two years . Keep away from Angie's list.

jamesb544
5/26/17

I signed up for angie list last Monday, afterwards heard some disturbing news about angie list call Tuesday morning to cancel account, they were very rude about it. After being on the phone for 30 minutes still no closer to cancellation. Theu said it would be cancelled and 2 days later another lady called to finshing setting up account i told her it was supposed to be cancelled ,she told me i sent email to the right person to get resolved and as of today no one has contacting me to comfirm the account is close and no word on refunding my money

juliusr15
5/25/17

When Angie's list first started, its focus was on their membership, the consumer. It is now on the advertisers that pay them.
They constantly recommend useless products and services that are a total scam and defend them with spurious reasons if you bring it to their attention. Any business can buy a recommendation from Angie's regardless of their reputation, value of service or provision of a scam product. Note attachment:-

Although radiant barriers can be made from a variety of materials, there is no such thing as radiant barrier paint. No one has yet invented a paint that achieves an emissivity of 0.1 or below. (For more information on low-e paints, see Insulating Paint Merchants Dupe Gullible Homeowners.)

Read more: http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/radiant-barriers-solution-search-problem#ixzz4i7CeI6Mj
Follow us: @gbadvisor on Twitter | GreenBuildingAdvisor on Facebook

This is from an independent and professional source. Yet Angie's promotes this as a valid insulating factor saving up to 50% of heating costs. TOTAL FALSEHOOD & SCAM

joyp29
5/22/17

We use lead generation services and decided to give Angie's List a try. They provided us with a ton of information and guidance and promised that we would receive lots of leads. It took longer than acceptable to get everything set up, but when we finally got everything completed with them we expected to start receiving leads (especially since the type of work we do was supposedly sought after by Angie's List subscribers, but not many contractors were on the list for those services). After several months, we hadn't received 1 single lead. Not one!!! When we called Angie's List to cancel, they said if we had done our part we would have had leads coming through. Are you serious??? We did everything they asked and they blamed us!! Obviously they don't believe in their abilities to generate leads if they are going to blame the subscriber. Then they said the fee to cancel was $600! What a rip off! Buyer Beware!!

markc285
5/4/17

Scam. Charged me hundreds per month which I refused to pay. Soon as you register your business the daily calls pile in saying your the A company and will be listed on the top. Well if you do not pay you disappear completely. As bad as Home Advisor selling multiple contractors leads at $100.00 each lead each contractor even though no one asked head companies to find them contractors let alone knowing eye are selling them even after project is completed from someone the homeowners hired locally nothing to do with these online pop ups asking people to click which projects if any in the future they would consider. Bam ! That's all these thieves need to sell to anyone good or bad doesn't matter if they pay .

kevink122
4/24/17

I have a 4 time Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Drainage company and have advertised with them for 7 years. I have paid Angie's List Thousands of dollars for advertising. While I have received some benefit, I have numerous hours trying to get them to fix problems with our account. For example, we won the Super Service Award last year and the award was not displayed alongside our business name all year, though I tried on several occasions to resolve this, I was basically told that it was my fault for not accepting the award, which I did twice. This year, we paid another $2000 to advertise with them. We moved and updated our information months ago but when you click on the Angie's List link [that they provided] on our website, you still get the old information. I spent time talking to 2 Angie's List reps today and the issue is still unresolved. Guess I have to spend more time calling them back tomorrow trying to help them figure out why their software is not working right, why my potential clients are getting bad, outdated information from them and why more of my hard earned advertising dollars are going down the drain.

eliy6
4/14/17

to give you more business is all abut money not your good service do not sine wit Angie list you cant cancel after you sine

tracyk36
3/28/17

Call to remove my business from their website and I was informed I couldnt do that!

Where are my rights as business owner!!!!

Filling space because this website wants 100 characters Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

betts4
1/31/17

I hired a contractor from Angie's List called Trademark because of their many A ratings. I used both their electricians and their plumber. Both were complete and utter disasters, resulting in them leaving a gaping hole in my closet wall, a ceiling fan that swings like it is attached by string, non-usable plumbing and me staying home from work to wait on workers that never showed up. I ended up hiring other people to fix their messes. So, I posted a negative review detailing everything that had occurred.

When I later checked my review, I discovered that I could not find the company listed at all. I emailed AL customer service and was told that the company had been removed from the main part of the website because they had been caught sending in fake A ratings. Apparently, the company was still on AL somewhere, but not in a place that any consumer would ever find them. So, it would appear that the company was not listed at all, rather than showing the reviews regarding how horrendous they were. I told them company this, but apparently they just ignored my comments.

A few months later, I got an offer for a "Big Deal" from AL, and lo and behold it was for the company that they told me they had removed for posting fake reviews on themselves. I wrote AL again and asked why they let the scammers back on, and why they were helping the scammers advertise. I was told that they essentially gave the scammers a "time out", and let them back on their site.

I found out later that when a contractor runs a "Big Deal", that AL gets 1/2 of the money. So, AL does get paid to allow contractors on their site, even though theri commercials claim that "contractors cannot pay to be listed". AL is a scam too. After this experience, I really can't trust any review I see on their site.

davidp100
1/28/17

THIS OPEN LETTER IS WRITTEN FOR BOTH CONSUMERS AND PROVIDERS TO ANGIE LIST SUBSCRIBERS:

THE LIST PURPORTS TO PROVIDE LOCAL VERIFIED TRADESMEN TO CONSUMERS, AND TO HOST WEB SPACE AND VERIFY REVIEWS FOR THOSE TRADESMEN. THE LIST DOES NEITHER.

When I joined the list, I was told that it took 3 verified reviews before I could even be included in searches. Additionally, I was told that any consumer who searched for my specialty within 5 miles of me would have access to my profile. If the modern consumer will check, very few returned profiles have more than 1 review, and very few of those businesses are within 5 miles. This is the problem with the list i.e. that little of what they advertise or publicly proclaim is in fact the reality.
It was a great idea to begin with, but greed has bent the list into a money grubbing, preferential list. No longer does the list represent competent local talent, it represents only those who will tolerate the wishy washy policies of these idiots, and only for hard cash. And yet they still advertise the original goals. They are lying to you America, and are guilty of the basest fraud. This is very sad, as there exists any number of methods for the list to raise revenues other than by turning it into a billboard.
The hardest thing for me to catch on to was that every time you contacted them, a new answer was given to the current issue, and very few times was there ever a follow up, hence broken promises, and much ill feeling. This, in itself led to even harder feelings, as the list records every conversation, and gives each minimum wage operator broad latitude in entering items to your profile. Question them about anything, try to take them to task for any broken promise, and you will be entered as an aggressive troublemaker for the list. Pay attention, and you will note that each subsequent conversation with them will be more abrasive and uncooperative than the last. Poor me, I am the sort who believes in being rude to rude people, who believes in calling an idiot 'idiot'. Be rude to me, and it becomes my ambition to demonstrate real rudeness.
I would very much like to sue these clowns for everything they own, under the heading: 'Restraint of trade'. Tradesmen have invested much time in procuring these reviews that the list no longer deems important in placements. I am asking for feedback from any souls who might have something to add here.

evanr14
1/19/17

I have been a gold member of AL for years. I did an extensive and thoughtful review on a really great contractor we used for a $100K+ home remodel. Spend lots of time that review. Then uploaded 5 photos to show their work and 4 were turned upside down by AL and one was turned sideways. BUT that's not even the bad part. Going through AL forums I found dozens of people asking how to edit their reviews and all were given the same clear, concise and completely dysfunctional instructions. I tried 9 ways from Sunday to find where my mistake was. Finally I chatted and they referred me to a phone number who told me there was no way to edit your own reviews, and there never was, but they're working on it. So my great review show, with scramble photos, that the reviewer is incompetent. I don't care personally, but it ruins the credibility of my ratings about some really great folks. So I try to cancel my relationship with AL, but they do not provide that option though they will cancel charging my card. But they will still email me. I cannot get this AL dog waste of my shoe. Makes me mad enough to find a place to submit this long-winded complaint.

Tip for consumers: Don't do reviews. Stepping in dog waste if you need to update anything, including problematic content.

marlenas4
1/7/17

I awoke to a charge to PayPal that I never authorized. Who do these people think they are if not reverse end I'm off to the police and DA. No one has authorization to use my Pay pal account we have chooses Choice wisely & not a company that has no integrity This is total FRAUD

joniej
11/2/16

My 5 year old grandson could paint better than these guys. B rating on Angie's list. What a scam. Glad I signed up for the free offer. Had to fire this group and start from scratch.

francism41
8/24/16

Angie's list is USELESS. It's a smooth CON, and it caught me. One time. After that, I knew better. Low and behold, in my inbox I now have an email relating to a class action lawsuit involving Angie's List. "Moore versus Angie's List." Involving the mysterious fact that certain companies with glowing reviews, ALSO paid hefty advertising fees to... (wait for it, wait for it) (BONNNGGGGG.... went the big brass bell)...ANGIE'S LIST. Talk about ethically challenged. The "company denies wrongdoing." I'm sure the are denying it all the way to the bank.
In my case, I was furious with an East Texas handyman/builder, by the name of Drew Wagstaff from Hemphill, who had caused me endless grief. Like disappearing with half the roof off a house, open to the elements, rain forecast. Where WAS he? Drunk, locked up in gaol, for beating up his wife. I also discovered materials missing. Plus a minor fact of double invoicing to the tune of $1,500. I joined ANGIE's LIST specifically to warn other consumers against this rogue handyman. Paid my fee. Somehow, naively, I thought that nice smiling Angie (everybody's dream mother-in-law, right) (didn't we all have an old flame named Angie once?) would assist me in revealing to the East Texas world that this 'handyman' was a snake. That's what I assumed. Nope. They refused to print the negative review. I didn't cuss, I didn't use profanity, I didn't even sneak in my virulent anti-Hillary sentiments. I factually pointed out the facts. Nope. They wouldn't print it. I queried it. No response. I queried it adamantly. WHERE is my negative review of a Mister Drew Wagstaff from Hemphill, Texas? Eventually... I got what SEEMED to be a personal email, addressed to me personally by a person. (more on this below). The gist of the message was that Angie's List wished the experience of their users to be a pleasant and positive one. It appeared, that my NEGATIVE REVIEW, did not jibe with their avowed borderline religious dedication to said goal of 'pleasant' and 'positive'. Say, WHAT!? I joined Angie's List (and paid my money) to read up on GOOD reviews, and be warned by BAD reviews, and, in this case, to post a SCATHINGLY BAD review. Now you are telling me I can't post a BAD REVIEW?? WHAT, Angie sweetheart, did I just pay my G@#$%!!M Money for? Apart from helping you pay for your super slick Television advertising?
I persisted, with several emails, complaining in no uncertain terms. I'm a writer of sorts, with four books published (see Smashwords) including two novels. I am capable of digging in, and being tenacious.Soon I got more of these emails, from other seemingly human creatures, even the same names, but all oddly unaware of the fact that they had already written to me. It was then that the penny clicked. Or dropped, whatever pennies do. These were not emails from PEOPLE. These were MACHINE GENERATED emails. Rotating randomly from a fixed batch, with the hoped for result of fooling & placating all sorts of annoyed people. Other schmucks like me, that had actually PAID IN to that garbage. Angie's LIst is a smooth CON. They probably don't want to run negative reviews so they A) don't get into any legal hassles and B) can collect the advertising fees.
The fact that, according to the class action law suit, there is an amazing correlation between (doubtless, generous) advertisers and FIVE STAR REVIEWS, just further convinces me to take some minutes out of my schmuck life, and VENT on SITEJABBER in no uncertain terms what I think of ANGIE. (who is probably the trainee office cleaner, seconded in to give us all that warm, fuzzy feeling)
ANGIE'S LIST IS A CON. SMOOTH, but USELESS. ACCEPTING MONEY FROM ADVERTISERS WHO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO "REVIEW" IS HIGHLY UNETHICAL. COMBINED WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF REFUSING NEGATIVE REVIEWS, THAT MAKES IT JUST ANOTHER TACKY SWINDLE.
And so says I.

susanp119
7/25/16

I compared reviews on the site to reviews found on Google's site and other places after having inferior services provided by apparently highly rated businesses. Noticed they were rated much lower on other locations.
I would use it for small deals that cannot do much harm, but careful with big ticket items, the ratings do not seem to match with the quality of work.

Helpful answer

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Angie's List staff and other customers.

Angie's List?