Weather Underground reviews

Tel: 855-782-5268
help@wunderground.com

daven106
4/19/19

I've used WU for years. Recent changes making the site unstable/unreliable combined with their view that earth and sky are falling due to the politically-charged, climate change issue have made me question WU.

Recommend WU fix their site glitches and stop claiming all weather happens now due to "climate change"...just report the weather and move on.

mikeb889
4/18/19

I used to always respect the quality of Weather Underground, especially over Accuweather and Weather Channel, but recently it has been terrible. Even though I am a subscriber, it attached my local station to one not near me, 10 day forecasts load or not load, no reason, and I still will get ads, even though I pay to not get them. I think the parent company The Weather Channel should spend more time on the quality of their sites, and less on pushing the global warming agenda, at least until they get their websites right....

clemk5
4/17/19

Just take the Wunderground crappy radar and ditch it -- and put up the Intellicast Interactive Radar in it's place. Come to think of it -- might as well do the same with the Satellite and the 7 and 10-day forecast too. There, problem solved. Wasn't that easy!?

randyw136
4/17/19

Prior to the purchase by the Weather Channel, they were VERY dependable. Now they can't predict more than 30min into the future. Do NOT trust the forecast. any more. Sad but they are no longer setting the standard.

jefff212
4/17/19

They have been bought again and there is no support. I had my PWS working and then one day it wasn't. Can't get logged in to see whats up. When you go to the log in page there is a statement reading that they have upgraded there system and to reset your password if you can't log in. When you go though the reset process you never revive an email that was working fine before. You go to the support page and there is no phone number to call you have to send an email to which you never here from them.

donaldr151
4/14/19

I previously posted a review on my disappointment with the new WU UI about 3 weeks ago unitl now. Most of the UI features that were lost, like rapid fire, are back. Appreciate the work put into this updated release and my previous one star review now a four.

davidj634
4/13/19

I have had 3 Samsung phones and the widget from Weather Underground has never worked on any of those phones. I have reported the issue dozens of times to their support and they do nothing about it, if they respond at all. It's amazing how long this has been going on and how they have done nothing to address it.

peterm686
4/12/19

Like the other reviews I've been reading, the app (on Android) sucks! I have a good connection but alway I get the ".. try later." dialog. Worthless anymore!

fredp114
4/11/19

I normally don't write reviews but in the case of WU I feel I must. First I want to thank someone for posting the phone number of WU since I plan on calling now that my emails to them are never returned.They do reply automatically with the message that the team will review my issue shortly. Well,after weeks of not hearing from them I thing the "team" went out to lunch and never came back. I will update you on how I make out after I call.

I thought I was doing something wrong in my attempt to upload my weather camera data but after reading the comments I know it is not me. Thanks;.

toma313
4/11/19

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bring back intellicast.

bengusm
4/10/19

I've been using WU for at least 15 years when Masters owned it and it was great. Him and his team were always upgrading the web site. Now...it's just a shell of what it was and totally worthless. Most times the Ten Day stuff won't load,click on a weather station and it is NOT in real time and updated every few seconds. Then...they buy Intellicast and DESTROY that web site with a load of worthless generic maps and worthless radar. Looks like the Weather Channel bought this POC in 2012 and has made it worse than IBM did.

jimw360
4/10/19

They will not return my emails, been tiring for a month. They used to be very responsive. I have a paid subscription for two more years for add free service. Since last week in March, I logged out because I was getting adds. Went to log in again and it gives me user not found.

dirkv18
4/8/19

Once great weather station site now the absolute pits. Recent migration that the site underwent was coupled with endless issues, new interface is absolutely broken, barometric pressure gauge shows different readings at the analogue and digital level. Ability to display uploaded weather data by year deprecated. And they now have my weather station located in a city that doesn't exist in any atlas. Uploading data to two other weather sites at the moment, pretty sure that I won't be using these guys much longer.

timg378
4/8/19

You can tell that children are writing the code for Weather Underground. The site is a disaster. Impossible to navigate and stingy with its data. Visuals are anemic compared to the wonderful intellicast frames.

deanz6
4/7/19

Weather Underground has been decimated. Until Q1 2019, it was not only the best weather site, but perhaps one of the best websites overall. A beautiful UI, dense with information. Now, not only have the UI controls been changed to something hideous and bland, but the outstanding API is a shadow of its former self. I'm considering withdrawing my PWS data from it and posting it elsewhere since they're no longer worthy of it.

kirkd31
4/5/19

Wunderground was the go to site for years for precise forecasts as well as many other features. Since IBM took over it has become a $#*!hole. I do not understand the logic in IBM wrecking a fantastic site.

jamesr845
4/3/19

We have relied on this site for years for our personal weather station. The recent changes as part of the merger with Intellicast have all been for the worse. Rounding off data is NOT OK. Eliminating Custom View is NOT OK. Not responding to customers concerns is NOT OK. Classic case of someone running a decent business into the ground.

dh371
4/3/19

Intellicast was smart and useful tool for getting weather. I fly commercially and really miss it. Now that WUG has taken over, what a pitiful attempt to give weather. The weather channel should be embarrassed.

samf111
4/2/19

I stopped using wunderground a few years ago. Intellicast used to be a usable alternative until wunderground ruined it too. Hopefully they don't have plans to trash https://forecast.weather.gov too.

cethelenm
4/1/19

WU is constantly broken, nothing loads except the ads. Maps won't work, charts won't work graphs and forecasts stay blank. You're lucky if you enter your location and it doesn't display it as some random place on earth somewhere in Siberia or the Indian ocean.
The only information you can access is the same information you could get by looking at the thermometer on your porch at the moment.

It's like the site was redesigned by a middleschooler who quit doing it when only 10% done and left it like that.
It's an ad site with the current temperature. I can get that from any bank time and temp board without the ads and get the time besides.

fredk96
3/31/19

I have been submitting data from my Personal Weather Station to Weather Underground for years. However, I am now looking for an alternative to Weather Underground. Over the past year their site has been hit or miss. However, their recent update for Personal Weather Stations has completely destroyed my confidence that they can resolve the current problems. They managed to take the PWS interface that provided useful, near real-time data and turn it into a useless poorly designed interface with which to view PWS weather station data. The new interface needs to be screen refreshed to display the latest data. Also it only displays the weather station data in 1 degree increments which results in very crude data plots. Weather Underground has benefited from the data that thousands of PWS owners have supplied to them freely for years. This is how they pay us back. I don't know about other PWS owners, but I expend considerable effort to make sure my weather station online and providing accurate data to Weather Underground. The current downward spiral of this site indicates to me that they could care less about our data.

If I were IBM management, I would not want my companies name associated with this site. The new screen layout is distressingly poor. Portions of the display such as the associated Webcam no longer work. It must be refreshed to see up--to-date weather data versus the rapid fire interface they used to use. What 2nd grader programmed this mess!

raffr
3/30/19

My station has been sending data for several years, and it still is. However, 'they' have deleted my email address so I cannot login. I have sent them multiple emails over the past two weeks...NONE have been answered, nor has the problem been fixed.
I will wait a few more days then I am going to stop sending my station data to them. I am currently sending to AMBIENT WEATHER, they store my data and it is accessible.

I would think IBM would step up and say do fix this ... pretty bad publicity for their IBM
CLOUD platform....

I might add.. I am a paying customer, subscription ends in OCT 2019.... so I think they are in a breach of contract situation!

donaldr150
3/29/19

What the hell happened to this site. I have been sending my weather station date to WU for years. Then recently went to view my site and to my surprise the whole interface has taken a dramatic step backwards. No more real-time rapid fire updates just a static site..... back to the stone age. Its like the site has been restored from a very old back up because if your going to role out changes you certainly wouldn't remove existing, often used features. No longer useful in it's current form! Went from a 5 star to a zero rating

chrisl543
3/29/19

For years wunderground had been the place to go to send your personal weather station data to, if only for their excellent online display...but not any more.
The new PWS page is the worst thing I've ever seen - badly sized, badly laid out, poorly planned and generally crap. It doesn't update automatically; displays empty panels for no good reason and makes me feel that I don't want my data there any more. Even their q & a section (which was always a tough place to find) has now disappeared - and they don't reply to questions via email either.
All in all every sign that they've gone bad - so I'm off and I'd advise the rest of you who want their data displayed to do the same.

ginnag1
3/27/19

I can no longer access the 10 day forecast and the Contact Us page doesn't work, just blips out to a blank page. I used to rely on this site for my every day forecast, guess I will have to look elsewhere. Thank you for the months of 10 day forecasts that no longer are accessible.

24 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This was deliberate calculated sabotage for some reason

By H K.

Pointless giving feedback/complaints. I tried this and got an automated reply telling me how much better it was!!!

By Graeme C.

...they already know...Watson already came to the same conclusion. :D

By Tom K.

Your local Tv station meteorologist.

By JJ W.

Yes. We have many employees who come to work each day desperate to appear productive and relevant. We ask them to destroy functional lean websites with bloated nonsense. Meanwhile, our executives require more money so we like to devastate communicative websites with ad-infested infestations of pus-riddled idiocy. Thanks for asking!

By Colin K.

They hired a bunch of idiots to manage and design their new site. This included removing features and gutting the radar.

By Phil T.

Thank-you for your question. At Wundercast ®, we take your questions seriously. he If you have any suggestions for improvemeheheeeement, well, you just let us know, kay, ah haa haaaaaa, no, thank-you, we really really care what you think, bwaHAHAHHAAAAHAHAAAA, oh my goodness, I just wet myself, too much tea here in Atlanta.

By Colin K.

Questions? Get answers from the Weather Underground staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Weather Underground