Weather Underground reviews

Tel: 855-782-5268
help@wunderground.com

terryp204
7/15/19

Not sure what happened. I used to love this site for it's info and radars, now it's nothing but a bunch of useless garbage. Don't bother!

erikl69
7/6/19

Used to love this app and website. But over the past year it has gotten horrible. I now see TWC owns it, which totally make sense. I moved away from TWC cause it was slow, now they ruined UW. Time to find a new place!

jaynem48
6/26/19

havent been able to load 10 day foreacst for over a week..... cant pick up local weather, everything in F cant access settings to change to C... what was a great site now rubbish..

have to add this was on chrome.. changed to explorer and all works fine....

mikeh907
6/22/19

Use to be able to search around quickly and open to your location automatically.
Now I can't even save my settings in radar maps. Severe weather approaches and by the time you open your own page, the sun is shining and the weather has past!

ivanh58
6/21/19

This used to be a great weather site, with its detailed 10 day forecast graphs and the ability to select for a wide range of local weather stations. Sadly however that is in the past.

For a couple of years the performance of the pages (it now takes about 5-10 seconds to load the 10 day forecast) has been pretty terrible. The wide range of local stations have dwindled massively too.

Then about a week ago I found that it was impossible to set the site to show centigrade instead of fahrenheit, without setting up a profile and logging in. Ok, I did that... then the site had to be logged into almost every time I visited, instead of already being logged in.

Then what finally killed it for me was Trustarc. It's annoying enough to have to wait a couple of minutes for the thing to "update my settings" just the one time, but now it happen every few times I go to the site.

So although most of the information that made great is still there, the behaviour of the site has made it too painful to get to.

louisj37
6/20/19

Wunderground.com used to be a great weather site. Since it was acquired by Weather.com which in turn was acquired by IBM, its usability has steadily declined. The link to NOAA discussion for your area no longer works, the 10-day outlook has quit displaying reliably. I've written to wunderground feedback and received no reply. This is death from a thousand cuts.

davem82
6/20/19

Since being gobbled up by TWC, WU has become useless. Simply, the once top-notch UI is dying of neglect.

Complaints fall on deaf ears. TWC would rather we settle for their second-rate, spoon-fed pablum instead of detailed weather information. Radar is all but useless, the click/drag to zoom feature having nothing to do with an area you'd like to examine, the 10-day forecast's customizations sometimes working, sometimes not. As of this writing, the feature has completely crashed. A new feature in the past 24 is that temps now randomly display as F or C, showing in my current feed at 85C (meaning, it's apparently Armageddon this morning...and I expect Jim Cantore to show up any minute).

Complaints might elicit an auto-response, but it means nothing. No one's home.

If TWC thinks this will encourage me to use their pablum-fed, second-rate site, the suits, as usual, are wrong. At least permit Wunderground a dignified death and pull the site.

richards1331
6/19/19

Map isn't displaying, 10-day forecast returns nothing, hourly forecasts work only for the current day. You used to be able to click on a given day and get hourly forecast for that day, and now none of that works.

Too bad: this used to be a great site. I see from the comments below that I am not alone in missing the old site.

russelld73
6/18/19

So disappointed how the weather channel has ruined what was my go-to site for weather information. The site now is so ad-laden, slow and buggy that it is unusable and just keeps getting worse. Such a fall from the great site it was before being taken over.

jamesb1635
6/18/19

There was a time when I subscribed to Wunderground. Then - along comes The Weather Channel to gobble them up and it goes from "Great to Good" and then from "Good to Useless!"

Not only did I unsubscribe and now there is NO WAY to resubscribe, but the account was locked out with no way to use the remaining "subscription!"

Additionally, using the NEXRAD in any web browser -- it is now impossible to zoom in on an area of interested without it taking the zoom to the wrong place.

Wunderground is now officially useless. Adios! And...thank you Weather Channel for mucking up another of the best things in weather. First the channel itself and now the apps and web-pages. GREAT JOB! NOT!!!!

jima242
6/16/19

The radar maps are totally destroyed and useless... wtf? They used to be reliable and useable, now nothing seems to work.

bobm491
6/14/19

With Intelicast, radar images were current. Now they are 8-12 hours old. Unacceptable. Dropping WU and moving on.

sergvos
sergvo s.
6/12/19

wu is slow, it has an uncomfortable and poorly made interface, tons of creepy ads, full of bugs also (now for example, it refuses to show the hourly forecast - loads it at first, but after a second it drops out).
bad site in general - still far away from intellicast. two stars only for the fact that wu started to load faster - two months ago it could not load even the main forecast sometimes.
p.s. it's sad that such intellectual service as intellicast.com was killed. so many people around the world used it... hope that responsible persons will find the nessesity to fix their mistake and, to begin with, return the old intellicast not matter under what name

jc799
6/12/19

This once=best weather website has become one of the worst. Slow to load. Local stations no longer showing up on maps. Data unreliable. Only providing temp info from an international airport far away and in another climate zone. Sad!

richardw849
6/10/19

This "upgrade" is a disaster. Maps don't work, VERRRRRY slow. Much information is now missing. The Android is even worse.

bobs636
6/9/19

My 7 year old could have done a better job. From bad to worse, you cant get any better than that! . I for one don't share my data anymore who don't take it seriously.

jamesf757
6/2/19

Won't load - difficult to find detailed data - embedded maps are blank - stability issues - can't search by region. OMG. Years ago this was an amazing tool, now, this is literally the worst site I know of. Apparently the site is written and managed by High School students. Hmmmm...strike that...High School students would do far better.

scottb739
5/31/19

Hello, I'm a professional Meteorologist with a background at NOAA and the media, currently in research and consulting after a long career. I am positive that the Weather Channel sought to minimize the impact of Intellicast as a competitor by absorbing the content, then dumbing it down. The strategy was to drive more views to the Weather Channels own site. As with everything they have done, the people making decisions have never been in science, and have no idea that a professional culture numbering in the 100's of thousands use atmospheric data, satellite, radar and almanacs to run other ventures. Intellicast was a service that understood those people. The Weather channel is somewhere between Bill Nye and Al Roker trying to sit at the grownups table. Dear Weather Channel, you are the clowns at the party, and not the guest. FYI....

tedj45
5/29/19

I guess when you can't beat them, then buy them. WU was the best weather site available until TWC bought them and started destroying a great app. Thanks for nothing TWC....get your data from the gov't for free, build a GUI and then sell ads.

chriss1150
5/28/19

Years ago the site was uncluttered and was able to present large amounts of scientific data in a single screenful effectively and without being overwhelming. You could quickly access, find and visually scan data. Now it is a mess of jumbo display elements that require lots of scrolling. A single metric such as pollen index now requires about half a megapixel of display space on my monitor. The site has become sluggish and there are so many functional defects. Even simple things such as differentiating the units of temperature seem to be beyond the capability of the site's developers now. If they rolled back to about 2005 a huge proportion of their user base would be extremely grateful.

glennm287
5/27/19

Maps are terrible. I used to be able to pinpoint precipitation using intellicast, now the maps are very general and no where near as informative.

chrism970
5/26/19

Intellicast was perfect, and although it's all the same weather information, the way it's being delivered has been clunky with weatherunderground.

Would rate 1 star, but I'll throw in another and give them some credit.

I miss Intellicast.

chuckl68
5/22/19

Seriously, by the time this site loads you WILL be underground. Dead, killed by old age. I made the mistake of signing up because I got tired of San Francisco coming up as my "home" page. WTF....they supposedly can tell where your are nowadays right? As soon as I signed up and made my "home" location...BAM! IT COMPLETELY STOPPED WORKING! Then the page was filled with all kinds of ads and I couldn't even get to the radar loops, forecast. NADA. Man why did they kill Intellicast? it was the best. Oh. Wait! I forgot Jim "too tight t-shirt" Cantore and The (Hysterical/Panic/Panic/Panic Weather Channel took over. They suck. If I could give them a negative star I would.

rened35
5/20/19

INTELLICAST WAS PERFECT.
The thing they have now is utterly atrocious. It crashes regularly, it's ugly, stupid, , convoluted. I can't fathom why people insist on these glossy, ugly, dysfunctional new designs at the expense of things that have worked just fine. INTELLICAST IS NOT OBSOLETE! IT SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THOSE OF US, MANY MANY OF US, THAT FOUND IT TO BE A USEFUL PART OF OUR DAILY LIVES.

bradz12
5/18/19

Weather Underground used to be THE site for useful weather information. Now that The Weather Channel has taken it over it has become useless (as in, not functional at all). All TWC had to do is keep it the same and they would have been connected to the best radar for tracking severe weather on the internet. Win! Instead, they have attached it to their brand and sucked the life out of it. The Weather Underground radar, on multiple occasions, allowed me to track storms and prepare accordingly. On one occasion, because of the timely, accurate radar available on Weather Underground, we chose to close our office and leave the area ahead of a storm that was bearing down on us. The storm that follow included a tornado that destoyed businesses, homes and took lives, within 2 miles of where we were.

Keeping tabs using Weather Underground is not an option anymore. For at least the last year the website has been worthless. My hope is that somebody with the passion and know-how that the curators of the original Weather Underground group had, will create a replacement for the void that TWC has created by neglecting this once great resource.

24 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This was deliberate calculated sabotage for some reason

By H K.

It won't come back. IBM bought The Weather Company to get at the data so they could package and sell that to their corporate customers using their "Watson" cloud services. Individuals mean nothing. That they've managed to so thoroughly destroy what was once the premiere weather site says a lot about the incompetence behind their core "Watson" products. You might want to tell IBM that.

By Nunya B.

Pointless giving feedback/complaints. I tried this and got an automated reply telling me how much better it was!!!

By Graeme C.

They hired a bunch of idiots to manage and design their new site. This included removing features and gutting the radar.

By Phil T.

Yes. We have many employees who come to work each day desperate to appear productive and relevant. We ask them to destroy functional lean websites with bloated nonsense. Meanwhile, our executives require more money so we like to devastate communicative websites with ad-infested infestations of pus-riddled idiocy. Thanks for asking!

By Colin K.

Your local Tv station meteorologist.

By JJ W.

Thank-you for your question. At Wundercast ®, we take your questions seriously. he If you have any suggestions for improvemeheheeeement, well, you just let us know, kay, ah haa haaaaaa, no, thank-you, we really really care what you think, bwaHAHAHHAAAAHAHAAAA, oh my goodness, I just wet myself, too much tea here in Atlanta.

By Colin K.

Questions? Get answers from the Weather Underground staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Weather Underground