Weather Underground reviews

Tel: 855-782-5268
help@wunderground.com

beverlyd96
2/17/19

WHY DID INTELLICAST MERGE WITH WEATHER UNDERGROUND?. IT'S SO SLOW IT HURTS. INTELLICAST WAS MY GO TO DAILY WEATHER. I REALLY LIKED INTELLICAST BUT NOT NOW, ITS A PIECE OF JUNKY CRAP. I WILL USE WEATHERBUG FROM NOW ON. USED TO BE MY FAVORITE, NOT NO MORE. WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO AND MESS UP A GOD THING. HOPE IT FLOPS DEAD. TAKES 5 DAYS TO CATCH UP WITH THE RAIN ON THE RADAR POSTED 2 DAYS AGO. BRING BACK INTELLICAST.

lesterb44
2/11/19

That Intellicast got bought up by this bloated, improperly webcoded POS bothers me to no end.

The 10 day forecast never completely loads it's graphs, their weather news videos aren't compatible with my desktop's browser, even their weather Apps aren't working on my older KindleFire when other weather website would, I'm through with WU.

Bring. Back. Intellicast. I have now made Weather Channel my temporary weather home page.

sharrir2
2/10/19

Bring back Intellicast! When you open it to either "today", "hourly" or the "10 day" forecast, it ftakes forever to load all the information. Sooooo frustrating!!!

I went back to the weather channel!!!

thomash486
2/10/19

Wow, is this replacement for intellicast poor. I liked Intellicast''s radar loops. Wunderground''s maps and interactive radar don't compare. Their website is also slow, loaded with ads, and not intuitive. I am going to start using weather.com. unfortunately.

acese1
2/10/19

You will want to pull out your 44 Magnum and shoot your screen. Most aggravating weather website ever. No hourly at the touch of a button. What happened to Intellicast? Or at least the same platform. This stinks have moved to weather.com.

sharonh393
2/9/19

We're in the middle of the worst snow storms in history, and it won't save my closest station. Jumps to cities 30 and 90 miles away. I'm done. Bring back Intellicast!!

christophers407
2/9/19

About 4 years ago, Wundermaps would move quickly and had so many features such as tornadoes and STORM TRACKS. But today, it just has way too many ads, slow loading, lag, and not as many features as before. Although Wunderground is OK, it's still not the same as before. Overall, use something like AccuWeather or any other weather website.

randallg15
2/8/19

I have been using intellicast forever. They killed it. Doesn't automatically load my nearest station, satelite view is now worthless and small, animation slow to non-existent and all else is slow or difficult to navigate. They need to start over with the previous version and then maybe try to add some of the new features of which some are good but not necessarily important. Meanwhile I will use my local TV station apps to get weather.

petem111
2/6/19

did wunderground really work at being the worst or did someone pay you to be, bring back Intellicast. someone should be fired for this monstrosity

ronm309
2/5/19

This new format is REALLY bad. I find it no longer usable. Like others, will be looking for a different source for my weather info.

grantk39
2/4/19

Terrible terrible, alot of info blank, just bad. Will be finding some other source. This is not what most peolpe want , they want to be able to click and go....I am sure we all want the old format back..

genel56
2/3/19

Very frustrated user here, I want to rant but I know it won't do any good. I'm a long time user of Intellicast and now that's gone and I'm left with nothing but FRUSTRATION trying to use this new program wondercrap. It is without a doubt, the worse attempt at something new and great that I've ever seen and trust me, there's plenty of crap websites out there to frustrate all of us, I think this one takes close to first place. I've been in computers both hardware and software since 1962 (yep, I'm old) and in all that time I've seen some great stuff and some crappy stuff and this is crappy stuff.

I'm thinking that what's going on in the software design and creation field is that there are very few people that know how to design software, then code such software and then test said software. This is not unique to designs for the web as I find the same poor execution within all platforms for software including IOS apps, Android etc.

On top of all this - the lack of support and testing has come to roost now, it's at it's lowest I've ever seen it.

I have tried to move to Weather Underground but nothing seems to work. I'm in Bloomington, MN but cannot get rid of Bloomington, IN for some reason, it's like it's built into the stupid program and everytime I turn around I've got maybe upwards of 15 to 20 Bloomington, IN in my favorite list and CANNOT get rid of them and if I manage to reduct the number of them to one or two entries, all of a sudden 15 or 20 or so of them come back all along the top at the favorites bar. Also, how come you can't delete weather stations?

Anyway, my blood pressure is getting up there so I'll quit my rant. Sorry if I offended anyone - but how in heck can this attempt just be ditched and we can have Intellicast back?

At least until the development team (if there is one) can redo this crap attempt.

jh435
2/3/19

What a disaster! Totally unusable anymore. I miss Intellicast - great site. Great maps. Great interface. Now it's a dysfunctional unusable mess. Thanks for nothing WU. Deleting my link and not using your website at all!!!!

jdk8
2/2/19

This is terrible.Their interactive weather map is glitchy and never looks right.. Now I have to use my phone to check radar on storm radar or myradar.

kbg
2/2/19

As a professional pilot intellicast was my go to for quick info and radar. It understood airport ID's and radar summary enroute would give me a great overview of the weather and tops ahead. I was devastated when I logged in a few weeks ago. Why would they ruin such a great thing?

bryons16
1/31/19

Look up the history of the Weather Underground. No business in their right mind would want to be remotely associated with it. Besides, "underground?" Weather "underground"? Who cares!?

russellw77
1/31/19

With sadness, I've deleted my Intellicast links, as it appears those excellent sources of data are gone forever.

The Weather Channel's Weather Underground couldn't compete with Intellicast, so they bought it and plowed it under.

I will never view a Weather Underground web page ever again, or view even one second of The Weather Channel's broadcast, unless the Intellicast Interactive Radar map and East Pacific Animation pages are restored. I don't believe that will happen, so I guess this is a final goodbye.

From a business standpoint, how does it make sense to destroy the best product? What retention rates is Weather Underground seeing? Well under 20%, right?

Arrogant bastards!

tomb604
1/31/19

Intellicast was exceptional. I used it for many years, every feature you could possibly imagine, told many friends about it also. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Now, it has morphed into Weather Underground. :( WU is worthless. 10 day forecast hardly ever loads, their radar "maps" are useless and slow, no logical flow what so ever. There is a reason I never used WU before, I will never use it in the future. Time to find a REAL weather site. RIP Intellicast, you will be sorely missed!

ciarlic
1/30/19

Intellicast. May she Rest In Peace. Wonderful while she existed: Clear, succinct, intuitive interface & results. Plethora of features, not always used, but available & useful when needed. The ads: Meh. Usual junk with occasional worthwhile clickbait. But the website itself? You could bet your life on it. I did.

Wunderground.com: Worse than useless. Any advertiser I see on it: I'm BOYCOTT-ing!!!

Remember: Past performance does not predict future results. But HERE, it does. IBM bought Intellicast.com & turned it into Wunderground. Great. IBM, who inflicted this fiasco, are the same idiots who subcontracted & gave-away the rights of what became DOS & Windows to a bunch of kids (Bill Gates & friends, who became Microsoft) for essentially FREE (see: http://thisdayintechhistory.com/11/06/ibm-signs-a-deal-with-the-devil/ ), denying their own (IBM) shareholders TRILLIONS of dollars that would eventually go to Microsoft.

IBM has a LEGACY of foibles. How else could Intellicast.com get so screwed-up?

stephenc331
1/30/19

The Intellicast map and tools were superior. My guess is IBM wants to monetize the Intellicast tools.

No more 24 hour interactive future radar/satellite/temps etc...WU doesn't even have a future radar tool - there are so many other features that went away with Intellicast. Same Maps, New Look...I call BS on WU/TWC/IBM

Good Grief!!! An Epic, Epic Fail.

connief62
1/30/19

Whatever raw deal was made to tank Intellicast and substitute wunderground in it's place, was a real boner move. Nothing about this new site works logically or half as intelligible as what it replaced. You can't even click on the main map to zoom in on your area. When you do enter your zip code, you get redirected to this clucky 1990's era toy map that looks like it was made by Fisher-Price. The whole site operates like a high school project. WU can't go away fast enough.

brucem240
1/29/19

Really bad move !!!! Someone is not doing their job, or if they are, fire them !!!!!! Whay take something working very well, well liked and ruin it !!!!!!!!! Just say'n !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upsetu1
1/29/19

basically freaked the F out the other day with no access to Intellicast. SHAME ON YOU for trusting your I.T. team and letting them release this garbage without at least a in-tandem user tryout. UGH!!

I bet they blame all these bad reviews on "User Issues"

anyway until you get your heads out of your A**....we will all be at this other site...which used to be my goto before intellicast. it's run by NOAA and NWS. and no ads!!
WOOHOOO!!!

www.weather.gov
*very user friendly and customizable
*fast updates
*you can pan left and right
*you can zoom in and out!! duhhh

and that's just after 2mins of my trying it

hope this gives your users some comfort

bric17
1/29/19

WU sucks beyond a doubt! Its only a matter of time and they will be gone. Totally surprised Intellicast went this way.....

jimc505
1/29/19

WU could care less about what the General Public thinks or they would try to give the General Public what they had before.

Wake Up Weather Underground, you may think you are the best/only one around, BUT YOUR NOT.

24 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Pointless giving feedback/complaints. I tried this and got an automated reply telling me how much better it was!!!

By Graeme C.

Yes, right. Never.

By s v.

...they already know...Watson already came to the same conclusion. :D

By Tom K.

Your local Tv station meteorologist.

By JJ W.

Yes. We have many employees who come to work each day desperate to appear productive and relevant. We ask them to destroy functional lean websites with bloated nonsense. Meanwhile, our executives require more money so we like to devastate communicative websites with ad-infested infestations of pus-riddled idiocy. Thanks for asking!

By Colin K.

They hired a bunch of idiots to manage and design their new site. This included removing features and gutting the radar.

By Phil T.

Questions? Get answers from the Weather Underground staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Weather Underground