Review of WritersCafe.org

WritersCafe.org reviews

8 reviews with 1 star

gerond
6/9/18

Cant get a hold of the web admin to help close my account. I have a picture that keeps showing up on Google that I dont want to appear in the searches

jte1
5/8/17

I joined Writer'sCafe about a week ago and dumped about 20 stories and several books into their system. The other day I was browsing through my work and found they had blotted out the word 'bastard' from one of my titles. The fact that some yahoo in the backroom didn't like that word was the first red flag. The fact they didn't have the courtesy to contact me was the second red flag. I was stunned that they would do something like that. i didn't wait for the third red flag, I erased all my work, took my profile down and got the hell out of there.

hiddenw
4/29/17

Don't put too much trust into people whom you grow close to on the internet- they could hack into your profile and never return it to you. I didn't create another account because I felt that I was too "well-known" in the "WritersCafe" community. I don't want to come back because on WRITERSCAFE- it might as well be a WAR. Writers are not friendly with each other, trust me. You'll only get hurt.

billc90
9/22/15

Subpar writers who don't understand the craft enough to give helpful critiques. A lot of ego stroking that leads to more lousy and sloppy work from others. There are some legit writers on this site, but for some reason... they choose not to give their wisdom.

stevenp38
3/30/15

Thanks to tklittle (david demmers) area code 303''''' the sooner he and wc are dealt with mercilessly and permanently the better. Steve

amys31
10/30/12

I've never used the website because I disagree with the Terms of Service:

Content Submitted or Made Available For Inclusion on The Service

Aresta Enterprise does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for via the Service, you grant Aresta Enterprise a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify and publicly display such Content on the Service.

You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Aresta Enterprise, against any claim arising from any content that you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service.

So, basically, you still technically own the copyright, but you allow them the irrevocable right to use your work forever. It sounds scary to me. Unless someone buys the rights, I'm not giving them the right to use my work forever.

jamess53
2/7/12

Aside from being a very poorly run site full of flakey webmasters and moderators, this is a bad site to belong to for any aspiring writer. At one time, it may have been trying to be something great for new writers' exposure - like SoundCloud or Bandcamp for musicians. But it is clear now from the abundance of scam literary journal requests that this is nothing more than a slightly more sophisticated version of poetry.com. It's a shame how so many websites aimed to help new writers devolve into this pathetic scam for paid compilations. If you're new to the scam, it goes like this...

I want to publish you in a new, beautifully bound, literary journal. All you have to do is buy the book!

See what I did there? For all new writers looking for resources online, I wish I could be of more help. Writerscafe.org might help you feel better about yourself for a little while, and perhaps you'll make a friend or two, but ultimately if you want to take this seriously, this site will cause more harm to your reputation than good.

marcuss2
2/6/11

I have found writerscafe.org to be a very difficult site to access, because a lot of the time it is offline. Also, there seem to be very few members, and most of the work submitted by writers remains with no reviews or comments, even when they have been published on the site for a number of years. If you are a writer and would like to receive reviews for your work, then this site is not for you.

I have been having the same problem and have been posting for almost 4 years now and this is the first time it has been this bad.

By Dara H.

If someone reported you as a troll or placed a complaint about you, the moderators may have taken you off. I've had some problems with people who didn't like my review and blocked me from their profile. Thin-skinned.

By Robert W.

Well, because you're terrible at lying, falsifying "evidence" and a troll yourself. Grow up and learn not to react to internet harassment.

By Dave-Town d.

Why are you complaining? You're one of the trolls that is allowed. Just because you do in private mail doesn't mean it's a secret. Grow up, grow thicker skin and stop pretending to be something you are not.

By Dave-Town d.

Questions? Get answers from the WritersCafe.org staff and other customers.

WritersCafe.org?