Review of WowAfrican

Tel: 866-882-6767
service@wowafrican.com

ff38
4/30/19

ordered and paid for the 150% Density 360 Lace Wig Natural Wave Brazilian Virgin Hair TLW23 total price was $346.00. After waiting for about a month without receiving my purchase, I wrote to the service desk inquiring about the purchase. I did receive responses from supposedly representative but with the responses I became more furious because their replies did not make a lot of sense. They told me that they needed to call me to verify the purchase since it was a big order. this was my first red flag! Then I sent them another email and I received an reply stating that she is on vacation on a beach until a certain date and then she would reply. This was a red flag! Needless to say the replies that were sent back to me were totally unprofessional with misspelled word and very bad grammar. Needless to say, I never received my order

Tip for consumers: Be Careful!!

martinep4
3/10/19

I purchased a wig from Wowafrican about 5 years ago. That wig held up for about 3 years. I washed styled and colored it repeatedly. There was some shedding but nothing drastic. NOW....a month ago I purchased a silk based closure and 2 bundles from them. BIG MISTAKE!!! The hair shed soo badly!! There is hair everywhere in my house and I only had the sew in for 2 1/2 weeks. The closure basically went bald. There were huge embarrassing patches of baldness in it due to all of the shedding. They used to have quality products but not anymore. For a page with 100k followers they're a little light on the comments under their pictures and some pictures even have the comments turned off. That's a huge red flag.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Martine, I'm really sorry about the issue you encountered. May I have your order No. for further assistance?
mariep124
11/28/18

i want to return the wig because the front hair of the wig is too fine. They say i dye it and i didn't after sending the pictures requested by them. And i ask for the return address they give me a China address which cost a lot to send the wig back to them. And i know in my head i purchase from USA not China.
When i'm going to return it, while i'm in the post office, i'll make a video of the wig because i don't trust them be careful with this compagny

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Marie, so sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with the wig. For the wig, if you didn't use it, we can arrange to return for you. Once we receive the returning package, we will arrange to refund to you ASAP. Pls don't worry it. May I know your order No.? We will check it and reply you in a timely manner.
nncyl
9/14/18

I only put one star because I can't review with negative numbers. I purchased a "custom" wig from this company and received a matted mess. The wig I purchased was a wave pattern I received a too small wig that had a kinky curl pattern. I have tried for over a month to get a refund and got nothing. This company is a scam and I'm sure any positive reviews are fake. When I complained about the state
Of the wig she told me to wash it which I knew would not fix it. This company also had me send the wig back only for her to say she received no tracking and I'm unable to get my refund. I will be filing a complaint with any and everyone I can until this company is shut down!

wargeek
8/31/18

Goodness me these products rock.I ordered my products and just came in as described, best texture and quality at affordable prices and just like socoosohairwig.com, this platform rocks

shaniceg3
8/26/18

I needed a wig for my birthday and decided to buy a wig from Wow African after watching their reviews on YouTube. What upset me is some of these YouTube gurus get better wigs than they send to the actual paying customers.

The Wow African wigs are good quality up until you wash them. I think they put something in them to make them appear silky and soft. After washing my wig it started to show its ugliness! Lesson learnt I started buying wigs from different companies and washing them too and realised a lot of these chinese vendors are putting something in the hair to make them appear silky. I ended up trying that moramode UK and first thing I did was wash the wig and it was still soft and shiny but thought let me wait 3 weeks so it can show itself but no it held up very well. I am happy with her wigs and at least I know if I buy one it will last. As I've had this one for 6 months.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Shanice, so sorry for the whole inconvenience to you. May I know your order No.? We will check it in time and reply you by the email ASAP.
biancaf9
8/18/18

I bought the TWL03 wig, love it soooo much! The plucked hairline was amazing and the hair is beautiful!! Shipping is very fast! Buy it on Monday and get it on Thursday! Will be buying again!!

evangelineb2
7/30/18

I purchased a wig from this company and it was terrible , i sent them photos on the wig and they told me it needed to be conditioned so u did and it still was no better , they refuse to give me my money back or even half of my money back

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Evangeline, so sorry to hear that. We check the shipping record. The wig has been used around 5 months and you only deep conditioned it for 4 times. Bec our hair is 100% human hair. Usually, we suggest customer wash and deep condition it at least once a week. We would like to free repair the wig to you but you refuse it. If you are willing to repair the wig, pls feel free to contact us by email. We will arrange to free repair to you ASAP:)
kiarram
7/5/18

I ordered a full lace curly wig, it did come on time, but the carrier put it on top of my back porch table (and I live in a townhouse where there all evil people) so someone stole my hair. I called the delivery service, and they confirmed delivery, and when I spoke with Wow African they basically just didn't care. I asked for a replacement, I didn't even want the money back, but they wouldn't refund or send a replacement. I wasted $287 and some change with this rip off company, and will never order from them again.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Kiarra, so sorry to hear that. We confirmed with DHL service. They tried to find your package. But it fails. DHL service told us that you authorized the package left somewhere. Bec of this authorization, DHL refused to claim for the package. We are always investigating with DHL service and try our best to find the package, Could you pls check your house again? We will confirm with DHL again and reply you by email later.
esthera37
7/3/18

Im Very unhappy with this company. I ordered the hair on 25 may. I knew that i had to wait 15 days extra because of the color i choose. So first the seller mailed me that it Will be done on 20 of june. I thought that almost takes 30 days instead of 15, but i waited patiently. Then i heared nothing so i went asking when the hair wil be shipped. The seller told me to wait a week. I waited now 27 june still not ready. I have to wait another week now 2day (6 weeks later) the seller mailed me its done but instead of 22 inch (which i ordered the hair is processed in 21 inch of this is a probleem to me) after waiting so long and hear stuff like this i made the disccision to be done with wowafrican what a terrible factory is this.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Esther, so sorry for the inconvenience to you. Due to the material shortage, so sorry for that there is a delay with your order. Before shipping, we double check the hair length. the hair length is 21in to 22in. There are lots of hair are reached to 22in. But it doesn't meet our shipping requirements. So we contact you by email and confirm to refund the extra price difference to you. It is our fault that we didn't process the order with your requirements. Really sorry for the inconvenience and confusion to you. We will improve our customer service and quality in the future. Hope you understand that.
sashaj15
5/13/18

I ordered my wig in the beginning of April (it has now been a month and a half.) When I was ordering the wig it did say 30 days for customizing but at this point it's just been way too long. I emailed them and they said it would be ready on June 6. Thats nearly two complete months to make a wig? really? that doesn't even include shipping times. I wanted to wear the wig for a family event and its not going to be ready in time because this company is so slow

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Sasha, so sorry to hear that. Bec our factory didn't work on weekends, the 30 days is working days. Since the wig is made by hand. To make sure hair quality, it needs to take more time to process. Hope you understand that. Could you pls tell me your order No.? We will check the shipping date for you and reply you by email later:)
riceh6
4/18/18

I ordered 360 FRONTAL WIG 180% DENSITY CURLY BRAZILIAN VIRGIN HAIR [TLW06] and from the jump the ends of the hair lost its curls. The straight hair might be nice from this company, but to pay $273 for a curly hair wig and the curls started to get loose and straggly from the day 1. Also, I ordered 18inch hair and the bag said 16 inches. It took way too long to arrive, especially knowing that the entire wig wasn't hand made. Come on man! I will NEVER order hair from this company again.

akan39
3/6/18

Starting from the moment i ordered the hair i wanted , which i saw my girl Kennedy from youtube rockinnnn , i watched her video to slay my hair sense i am a beginner to false hair... anywho confirmation and processing seem to be very fast , within a blink of an eye. I received my hair about two days after ordering it. Packaging of the hair was decent looking and well intact. Inside the box came the hair inside a satin bag , wig caps , also a brochure on how to properly take care of your hair. What i LOVE about the wig is the total natural look it gives me sense i am new to this. Also the best part is the non shedding ive had installed for about a week and half. Everything was as expected..i even thought the 16 in would look short but it was perfect for me. Tear. I will be ordering again from Wowafrican, - aka naniunknown ( youtube )

lane231
1/14/18

I purchased a 10 inch bob in the color 1. WHen I receive the wig I loved it, I cut the lace plopped it on my head with a hat on and it was lovely, no shedding or tangles... I decided to stop being lazy and actually customize the wig. this is where the problems began. I went to bleach the knots & nothing happened. So I tried again and again for a total of 3 separate bleachings for 30 minutes each. I started researching the issue and found that the hair must've been dyed with FABRIC dye. So I had to use fabric remover to bleach my knots which worked wonderfully except the hair became a bit rough and now falls out aggressively when I run my fingers through it. I wish they wouldn't have used fabric dye and these issues could've been avoided.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Lan, for color 1, bec it is jet black color, darkest color, the knots couldn't be bleached. Even if you bleach knots, knots won't changed. We suggest you use concealer with knots. It will make it more natural looking. Or you could order natural color in the future, we could bleach 2in knots to you:)
xingrongl
1/2/18

Welcome to Easy Custom T-shirt, see the products here, super cool and also very comfortable to wear. Get this t-shirt now for 50% off! 100% cotton fabric, tons of colors and styles!

Are you tired of wearing the boring t-shirt all over again? Actually you do have choices, get a cheap t-shirt but with an amazing quality for exchange! Get it now and you will get a 50% off!

deer65
11/26/17

Still awaiting TWO custom wigs that I ordered at the beginning of September! Several emails back and forth, then I stupidly ordered another ,in their sale - which they said they had in stock (needed a wig desperately!) . They are now saying I cannot have it as I have had to open a claim through Paypal for the other wigs!
They are trying to blackmail me by saying unless I close the claim theyll be keeping my money!!!
PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPKE! Nothing but fraudsters!!

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Dee, so sorry to hear that. Could you pls tell me your order No.? We could check it first. If there is delay for your order, we could arrange to full refund for you. Pls don't worry it.
dainam3
11/23/17

This wig website is rubbish i paid £200 to not get anything. i have been waiting and emailing them no reply they completely ignored me. It has been a month now but i will get my money back from my bank because that is basically a online fraud website.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Daina. so sorry to hear that. As a company. we won't cheat our customers. Could you pls tell me your order No.? We could check it first.
tinau4
11/17/17

WOWAFRICAN WIGS ARE NOT AT ALL AS DESCRIBED AND GOOD LUCK TRYING TO RETURN THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE BACK TO THEM, YOULL END UP PAYING $25 TO $50 OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET TO SHIP TO CHINA ONLY FOR THEM TO CLAIM THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT, JUST SO THEY CAN SCAM YOU OUT OF HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. I WISH I SAW ALL THESE REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND STAY AWAY!!!! ITLL BE THE WORST MISTAKE EVER!!!!!! YOUVE BEE WARNED.

Response from sean w., WowAfrican Representative
Hi Tina. so sorry to hear that. For returning package, customer needs to pay returning fee by themselves. But usually, we suggest you choose normal service by post office. Shipping fee is around $20.
kevinas1
9/12/17

WowTerribleCompany is what it should be called . Ordered from this company 2 months ago and no hair; like I never witnessed or heard of something like that in my life . First time ordering & last time . Terrible customer service ! Just uh ! Lost interest in receiving the hair and wanted a refund . So filed dispute on PayPal. The end

zinahh
9/2/17

Its when things go wrong that you can judge the serious of a website.

I have ordered for the first time end of July and I will order again for sure. I bought two wigs that were in sale on the 22nd of July and the wigs were delivered on the 26th by Fedex (I live in france). I was scared to have to pay costums taxes but as they wrote the content as a 20$ item so I had no extra cost upon delivery which I was pleased about. The wigs are both very good quality and looks real but unfortunately one of them was not the one I have ordered.

I emailed the custumer service and in less than a half day I had a reply from a certain Oliver (so quick). He apologized, asked me to send me pictures of the wig and made a little investigation on their side to understand what happend. It appeared that they sent the right wig (references) but when they upload the picture of the wig on the website, they put the wrong picture by mistake (s*** happens). He proposed me to keep the wig with a discount of 20% on my next order or to send back the wig with a full refund which I chosed. As soon as they received the wig Oliver emailed telling me that they received the wig the same morning and informed me that the refund will be arranged the same day. He emailed me again couple of hours before later telling me that the payment was done and at the same time I received an email from paypal to inform me that Wowafrican had refunded me. All the way though I spoke to only one person, Oliver and he was absolutely understanding, helpful, nice and efficient.

I'm surprise to see the others comments because my experience with them was the completely the opposite and I can only recommend it. Really happy with the wig I kept and with the outcome of the situation.

suzys9
8/28/17

Placed an order on August 7th. It is August 29th and still no wig. I have had to endure some of the most unprofessional and unsatisfactory email correspondences. After finally being sent a Fed Ex confirmation # today after 3 emails said my order had already been processed, i was sent a photo of a wig that looks like I could have bought it for $19.99 at a Halloween shop. I spent over $200 and I was offered a wig grip as a consolation. I am in disbelief that this has occurred. I have reported this business and await a refund. Below is the wig I ordered at 16 inches and then the pathetic photo they are sending out at 12 inches. The density IS SUPPOSED TO be the same so there should not be such a drastic difference.

jesseyg2
8/4/17

I paid 200 plus for a wig that has missing tracks like ? Wtf? I got a wig from rpg last year that was half the price and lasted me over 6 months this is the worst company ever

dorad11
7/6/17

bought 3 pieces of curly hair with a closure . It is supposed to be a closure of 16inch, 1 bundle of 18 and two of 20 but they all have different lenght all together but in a misleading package showing the right length. Their customer service is very poor with no attention to details. The hair is very expensive yet very poor quality. I cannot stress enough. Do not order from them. I would give a negative star if I could .

shymirac
6/17/17

Ive bn waiting on my order since 5/19/19. I try tracking it online, that $#*! isn't helpful at all, always says pending or something. Try calling the 1800 number given no one ever answers and it just hangs up after so many rings. I will definitely spread the word about how fraud y'all are!

janelleb6
6/14/17

I placed two orders to take advantage of the easter 2017 sale using the hair suggestion of a you tube advice video by "the lovely bryana". I bought the NATURAL COLOR ITALIAN YAKI BRAZILIAN VIRGIN HAIR GLUELESS FULL LACE WIGS[GFL19] and the NATURAL COLOR DEEP WAVE BRAZILIAN VIRGIN HAIR FULL LACE WIGS[FLW15]. The first problem started with the Italian yaki wig- it had ear tabs that were completely visible and couldnt be hidden even if I wore the hair down. I took several pictures and notified "amanda" who replied tjat she didnt see a problem. I then took more pictures at her request and sent them showing the wig on my head with the visible ear tabs. She s claimed to not see a problem. I notified my bank and filed a transaction dispute based on the wig cap defect. My bank actually temporarily refunded my money. "Amanda" emailed, now willing to admit the problem but she is refusing to replace the wig. They wanted to repair it by adding more hair along the hair line. All I could think of was those old school martial arts movies with fighters who had the super thick hair lines on their wigs. But even worse, they decided they were going to hold my second wig for delivery until I agreed to send it back for them to "fix". The email from "Amanda" actually stated that they are holding the second order because I filed the case.The only good thing is that I have that in writing. They dont understand consumer rights at all. I talked to my bank again and they have asked me to submit another transaction dispute for the second wig they are witholding because they were paid and are refusing to deliver it. Besides having no communication skills, they are difficult to work with if there's an issue. Do not order from them if you dont want order drama. What ever happened to just plain ordering what you want and getting a usable product?

I've heard nothing but good things about this company called Alexy hair

By Rachel N.

Two months. They said it already takes a month to make it so when you add 25 days it's basicalky two months. Their shipping is actually pretty quick from China at 3-5 days

By Rachel N.
Questions? Get answers from the WowAfrican staff and other customers.

WowAfrican?