Review of WorldMarket

customercare@worldmarket.com
2018 Customer choice award

mattk163
4/23/19

I am in the middle of putting together a 6 piece patio sectional from World Market. As per the past 2 out of 3 previous experiences, this is just crap. The holes don't match up with each other (on 2 of the 3 pieces I have tried so far) and I'm ready to send it back or give to Salvation Army. I just walked into the house and told the "boss" to NEVER order furniture from them again. I had the same experience with dining chairs we bought and patio furniture I helped a friend put together. Keep in mind, I am extremely handy having put together a 10x14 shed kit, running electric, framing additions, installed a radiator in my car, etc. If I'm struggling with their foreign junk, you will too. Dirt cheap, though - you get what you pay

catherinep28
4/17/19

I'm beyond disappointed in this company. This is my first and last purchase. I ordered a kitchen table with a marble top. It was super heavy to get into my apartment. When I opened the box, the marble was cracked in three places. I called & they said they would send me a new one. I asked for assistance getting it out of my place since it's so heavy (I'm 5'3 on a good day). They said suuuure no problem. I didn't hear from anyone for 2wks. Meanwhile the new table was delivered & you can hardly move in my apartment with 4 huge boxes. I finally get a call from the shipping company & they said they can only come weekdays between 1-5. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of not having to work until 5pm. They referred me back to World Market, and the supervisor never responded to my call. If I could give a negative 0 rating I would. Awful awful awful!!

novaw6
4/16/19

Ordered a single mirror online for $160, and they charged me for 2. Not a big deal for some people, but I still have not gotten the other $160 returned to me. So far, customer service has created a case number, and I contacted my bank, but it's not resolved yet. I feel like I have to post this review because a few other people had the exact same problem--in fact, one person was tripled charged. I want to warn people that online ordering could result in something like this, and it's not acceptable. Companies should not be making major mistakes which could cause overdrafts to customer's accounts, and a serious headache in trying to get the bank to refund those fees. I'm adding a photo of the screen shot that shows the double charge in my account. I did not accidentally order 2 mirrors. My two star rating is because I love the selection of their products, and when I do receive the mirror I ordered, it will be the perfect add-on to one of my rooms.

staceym164
3/4/19

I ordered something on sale and they charged me the sale price and full price. I had two separate charges come out of my account. They end up charging me over $40 for two 2 packs of soup mix! What a rip off! I would give this company 0 Stars!

marvies
1/31/19

I ordered so many items on their after the holidays sale, 2 weeks after my order confirmation, I get emails almost everyday for an item that is being cancelled because it's not available! Why can't this store update their online stock so consumers don't waste their time ordering and why can't you process orders as soon as the customer orders so don't loose track of items that are not available instead of waiting of weeks! Previous orders also arrives broken or missing parts and it's so hard to carry packages back to ups stores because there's not a lot drop off centers! Worse of the worse!

lisav149
Lisa V.
12/21/18

ON-LINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE - Dec. 6th I purchased 3 stockings on-line. Dec. 11th I received an email stating the arrival of my merchandise by Dec. 15th. Nothing ever arrived! Dec. 18th I phoned customer service. The stockings were no where to be found. Two of the stockings were set to reship on that date. The other stocking was unavailable and I was asked to select another, less liked, stocking so at least I would get 3. I was asked to pay in advance for the stocking and overnight shipping, $35.71 for one stocking! I was told I would be credited for this and the original stocking that was not available. Dec. 20th I received the alternative stocking and not the 2 others that were supposed to be reshipped. I didn't receive a credit yet. I called again on the 20th. In fact, no credit had been given for that $35.71 purchase, only the credit for the original stocking purchase of $7.53 that was no longer available. The other 2 stockings were again, never shipped to me. Today is 12/21. I received an email now that all 3 stockings that I originally ordered on 12/6, in plenty of time to get them by Christmas Eve, are all on back order. I have 1 stocking that was a substitute, no refund, none of the stockings that I want, and I have spent hours of effort and time trying to resolve this matter! This is by far the worst on-line shopping experience that I have ever had with any store!!!

russellw75
12/19/18

Received e-mail stated my order would arrive between December 15-19, 4 days later received e-mail that my order would not arrive until December 29. These gifts were for family that live out of state and they would have left before the gifts arrived. Call was told that they were really backed up, not my problem. Never again.

susannej8
12/17/18

I received an email from World Market advertising a sale on an item I was interested in purchasing. When I went to their site to purchase the item, the sale price was not honored. After speaking to several people, including 2 supervisors, they could not find anything about the sale. I forwarded a copy of the email to them and was told since they didn't know anything about the sale I could purchase the item at full price and they would refund the amount over the sale price. I couldn't trust that they would in fact refund me so I didn't purchase the item from them. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it was something I wanted to give my daughter for Christmas. It was very frustrating so i found something elsewhere.

mattier10
12/8/18

Do not waste your money or your time at World Market.. The only reason I shopped here for their Black Friday sale was because I had a gift card. Ordered several things and two weeks after placing it they cancelled due to unavailability. I also didn't realize they cancelled it until I called customer service to check the status of it and the woman told me on the phone. They did not even try to notify me before hand. When on the phone they said they should be able to send me a new gift card in 10-15 business days!! Absolutely TERRIBLE!

am437
12/1/18

Ordered 2 benches on cyber Monday for an important event in 1.5 weeks, received an email at 6am Saturday that the order was cancelled due to unavailability.

When I called Benches were magically available at full price and was told I would have to reorder at full price and would be refunded the difference! And it would be considered a new order with another 5-10 business day processing+shipping wait!!!!

This was for the linen covered "Page" dining benches.

Aaaaaaaamazing!

karriet3
11/28/18

I have had the worst experience with World Market ever and I would never order ANYTHING from this incompetent company again...
I placed an order on Sunday 11/11 and updated my address to AZ from MI when I received an email confirmation they mixed part of my MI address and AZ address together. I called within an hour and thought it could be changed. The customer service rep told me she could not change it and I would have to contact my postal service or who ever was shipping it and change it with them or let it ship to the wrong address and come back to the store., Hung up!
Called back the next rep took my address told me he would put it on a supervisors deck and it would be taken care of. So I called Monday morning 11/12 and spoke to a Supervisor who stated it was not to late and it would be taken care of, matter of fact she called me back to ask me for my address again. Then Tuesday night I get a new email that it shipped, low and behold it's still the old address. I called spoke to ANOTHER supervisor and she stated there was not no guarantee that the address would have been changed and now I would have to let it ship to an address that doesn't even exist and wait for that to happen.
I was unable to talk to someone who could actually give me answers or tell me that my over $500 purchase was gonna be taken care and be able to reach me by Thanksgiving. I'm so disappointed and disgusted with the incompetence of how this was handled as will never give them my business. Buyer beware Cost Plus don't care about you and what you spend with them!
Update-
I've been going back and forth with this company who has continued to give me misinformation about my shipment, that when I ordered it was intended for Thanksgiving. It's so disheartening when you not only don't receive your product, your money back or a solution for all you inconvenience's.
I have still not received my order of the refund I was told a week ago from Mike in the Customer Service management team. It is the 28th and I called and left a message for Mike in Monday the 26th to find out about the refund of my money.

joew255
11/27/18

I placed an order for Black Friday including a gift my daughter really wanted that I couldn't find elsewhere and apparently their system couldn't verify credit cards and sent emails to customers to call in. Waited forever and customer service said they still didn't resolve problem call back later. Called back later and they said it would go through on MOnday not to worry and stuff wouldn't go out of stock. I had these weird emails from them though still so I called to just check and sure enough - the order (and I assume many other customers' orders) didn't go through, and my daughter's gift was now out of stock and they couldn't fill my order. Worst is they know this was a tech prob on their end but they won't offer customers anything for the time/hassle/loss of goods. Really bad customer service and really bad planning for biggest sale day of year.

christyl41
10/16/18

We ordered a bookshelf from world market and when it arrived, we had boxes 1 and 1 when it was supposed to be boxes 1 and 2. So they came to pick up one or the boxes before they'd ship box 2 to us. Then they reshipped box 2 except when it arrived it was box 1 again! Then it took another week to ship out box 2. It hasn't arrived yet, so we'll see if they get it right this time.

angelaj113
8/20/18

I ordered $1,577.11 in furniture today online. My single order was debited from my bank account three times. One charge was immediately credited by my bank because it was for a security hold. I called my bank & World Market customer service each twice - the last time a three way call with your customer service supervisor Vinita and my Bank of America. It was determined that there is one single order but also two processing debuts for the amount. It is not a security hold but indeed a processing debit. My bank told your representative, Vinita, that it can only be corrected through your company or your bank that processed the transaction.

This HAS to be resolved IMMEDIATELY & TODAY!!! I have other transactions pending on that account that will create multiple overdrafts for your mistake. On top of that, I am 400 miles from home with $50 in cash and my bank account overdrawn by your company's error. I AM DESPERATE TO GET THIS RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY! I love World Maeket and I understand mistakes happen but this is creating dire consequences for me. I spent 4 hours today on the phone. This has got to be fixed!!!

My cell is On the order

Order #11008434316

Well, Vinita never called back so we've been on the phone all night with your customer service representative Matthew who also initiated another three way call with my bank who told him the same thing - the only way the funds could be returned to my account would be for your company to notify your bank or credit card processing company. Matthew made every attempt to be helpful but is apparently powerless to fix this. If the charge isn't reversed by midnight tonight then I am stranded 400 miles from home with $39 cash and an overdrawn bank account created entirely by the fact that ordering from World Market created multiple charges on my account for a single furniture order. I am stunned, shocked, furious and stranded.

Order#: 11008434316
Date: August 17, 2018

Monday A.M. My bank balance is still short an extra $1,577.11. This is going on day 5. Nobody is answering or responding to our phone calls. I've got other bills that are coming out of this account and are either not going to get or I am going to have a mountain of bank fees because of this. We were on the phone with your company immediately on Friday when our bank alerted us of the multiple duplicate charges for this ONE order. We were on the phone with WM, our bank and also 3-way phone calls between all parties for several hours Friday and Saturday. My bank reversed one of the transactions because it was the fault of their security alert. They said second charge for $1,577.11 has to be corrected by world Market contacting your bank or credit card processing company because it was a debit card transaction created on your end.

My bank had been deficited an additional $1,577.11 for 4, going on 5 days now. This is a very large sum of money to me and this has created an enormous hardship to myself, my family, and my small business because my supply orders for my business are being bounced because these funds were designated for other bills.

Your representatives tell me they don't know how to fix it. Somebody in your accounting office needs to fix this IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

skyt5
8/18/18

I ordered 3 things from them. 2 of them arrived, and third was missing. They sent out a new package with the 3rd item, 10 days later I find out it was damaged and never made it. I was refunded, and will never use them again. Two mistakes on my first order means no more business.

calebc33
7/28/18

Just purchased a entertainment center from world market in Tulsa, OK. Began assembly at home and it was missing the top. Called customer service and said were out of luck and to call the local store. Girl and local store was rude and said wed have to wait to have the unit exchanged in a couple of days. How do you forget the top and most essential part of a tv stand???!!!

tatianae2
7/24/18

I Had amazing experience of shopping in new World Market store in Manchester, CT. I loved service and friendly environment .
I loved the great diversity in food and kitchen supplies, loved helpful sales people. I wish to have more such experience in different stores I go.
Loved everything there.

chadb111
7/20/18

Ordered $3k worth of items online. Every piece delivered so far has been damaged. One piece has to be delivered via delivery service. They are 3 hours behind the window they gave me to be home. World Market's response..."out of our control". It is in my control to never shop there again.

chucks95
6/12/18

I recently had an order for in store pickup that was cancelled soon after it was placed. Availability showed 2 items in stock at a local store (and still does at the time of this review - 2 days after my order was cancelled). When brought up with customer service, I was told it wasn't available at the store and sorry for the inconvenience. After suggesting they ship to the same store or a nearby store, I was told again that it was not at that store or a nearby store and sorry for the inconvenience. My expectations were that they had correct inventory at all of their stores, and if it there was a problem with that inventory, they would have offered an equal item at the same cost at the very least, if they were truly out of stock. After several exchanges with customer service, I have given up, and just decided not to do business with this company.

reginel
3/23/18

I purchased 4 forest green Lydia dining chairs. The chairs arrived without the legs. Who packs a box of chairs without the legs? Unbelievable. When I called the company regarding the issue, I was informed that parts and services will contact me between 3-5 business days. So, I will not receive the legs of the chairs for another two weeks. So dissatisfied and disappointed in the company. I will not be purchasing from World Market. They are unreliable and do not care about inconveniencing their customers.

theodoraj
3/7/18

Don't know why it's called World market when they don't send out of the US, dont advertise in Germany if we are unable to purchase items.

tomc208
1/27/18

Bought a sofa from them to replace the last sofa I bought from them, takes weeks to deliver (came 7 days AFTER the first date they gave me for delivery). Finally called me to arrange delivery from 1-5 on a Friday, I arrange to take the time off from work.

They were also supposed to call me a half hour before arriving (it's 25 minutes from my office to my home).

I get a call at 11:30 - THEY'RE THERE!!! I arrange for someone else to take delivery and head home. When I get home the delivery people are gone, and for a sofa THAT HAS 4 PARTS (sofa, right arm, left arm, and center support peg) I ONLY GET 2 PARTS (sofa, left arm). I call the delivery people back - it's not on the truck. I call World Market back, oh, we'll ship you replacement parts in 5 business days.

5 business days PLUS go by, haven't a heard a word from them. So I email - this is the response I get:

"We apologize for any delay regarding your replacement parts. We are still waiting to confirm whether or not they are available."

I told them to pick up their $#*!, get it out of my house, and refund my money.

stevenz22
12/21/17

I placed an order for sofa in Black Friday out of so many good deals. Was happily expecting the sofa while it took two weeks to find out that it was lost in the shipment. Ok, fine, I contact the customer service and they say they'll reship and it will be delivered within 3 business days. Not happy but still forgive them and waited for another week. ONE MONTH passed, and they suddenly sent an email saying that the order was CANCELLED! an email with few sentences, no respect especially when they say that they've reshipped and kept you waited for a month. LIAR

taylors60
12/19/17

I ordered 5 little gifts for Christmas, ordered it by their designated "get it by Christmas date" and I am now being told it probably won't get here by then. Placed the order many days ago, during when they said you would still get it by Christmas, and still have not received confirmation that it has been shipped out. Decided to call and wait 20 minutes on the phone, just for a guy to tell me "yeah it's supposed to be there by Christmas, but I don't have a ship date so it might be late" WHY WOULD YOU MAKE DESIGNATED DATES IF YOU AREN"T GOING TO SHIP THINGS UNTIL A WEEK LATER. Will NEVER shop at World Market EVER again.

kathleenm121
12/19/17

I placed an order online on December 10th, thinking this would be plenty of time to receive the order before Christmas (standard shipping was 3-8 business days). I realized on December 18th I had never received a shipping confirmation email, so I contacted customer service (via email, I was unable to get through to a human through calling). I received a response back the next day that my order was out of stock and so it was cancelled. But I was never notified of the cancellation, so now I am out of luck with giving this gift in time for Christmas.

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE FROM WORLD MARKET. Very poor customer service.

39 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

When you are on the site, it should tell you weather it's available for shipping or in-store pickup. If not, call the 800 number, they are very helpful

By Dave S.

Questions? Get answers from the WorldMarket staff and other customers.

5 Photos for WorldMarket