Wikipedia

Wikipedia has a consumer rating of 4.12 stars from 129 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Wikipedia also ranks 2nd among Open Source sites.

• Wikipedia has brought information just one click away.
  • Even though people add or edit the info, most of the time it is accurate.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Wikipedia?

“Wikipedia,...Best Encyclopedia”

ClarkKent K.
12/21/17

Wikipedia is the greatest and most useful encyclopedia that ever existed. It is damn near impossible to go an entire day without consulting Wikipedia. It has rich content that provides very comprehensive and informative details on nearly every subject, topic, individual, or event under the sun.

“Corrupt.”

paul c.
8/27/18

I learned the hard way never to use wikipedia as a citation during online scientific debate, as on two occasions the person I was debating simply went and edited the page I cited to say something different. The pages were on Classical Mechanics and Exothermic Reactions and the vandalism to the latter has never been undone, making the page factually inaccurate to this day. I suppose the place is fine for stuff like the history of Harry Potter, but for science? No - it is completely unreliable and not to be trusted.

information (64) people (25) articles (20) heart heart heart (3) time (33)
jonj121
December 27th, 2019
It contains lot of factually/technically incompetent, biased and erroneous information. On technical subjects it's usually incomplete of just plain wrong. On non-technical subjects it's so socially and politically biased that it's almost humorous, if it weren't so sad. I call it the world's greatest source of uninformed, incorrect and biased information.
kazukih
May 24th, 2019
Wikipedia is unique helpful website. The editing feature is great since many people have knowledge they can add in real time to correct, And For only $5, people can make a contribution to keep Wikipedia online. Even if we only contribute every few years, we show our respect for knowledge and for everyone else using the Internet, and Yeah some of the information is not entirely 100% accurate, just as many encyclopedias contain errors or become obsolete. Wikipedia was a great idea, and has been useful to millions.
icarop
August 10th, 2019
This site is good, have big informations. But sometimes it has false information in articles. Big help in college searchs
xavierb39
December 27th, 2018
Very reliable website that is easy to edit (for better or for worse). Rarely fictitious and often edited by people who know what they are doing.
petert237
October 31st, 2018
I like wikipedia because you find information about pretty much anything. If you are a curious person and bored you can just go to wikipedia, go to a random article and learn something new. It might not be very practical, but it might help you think of something more interesting to do. Obviously its not a place to do scientific research, but the sources on articles can often times be quite valuable and help you find a more detailed source of information. Wikipedia is a great place to read biographies about real people. It can also be used as an unbiased news site.
paulc635
August 27th, 2018

Tip for consumers: Never use for citations. Ever.

deedeek4
July 12th, 2018
Wikipedia is contending for the number one source of online information.Given that it can practically be edited by anyone, caution should be exercised when use is official or formal in purpose.
clarkkentk
2,345 helpful votes
December 21st, 2017
ambikas
March 19th, 2018
This Website has many mistakes in research and Isn't good because many users have trust in you and as a result, most of Wikipedia information contains false and misleading information you must correct this!
mohammadh51
May 1st, 2018
wikipedia is the best page, because I can find any topic of whatever, although many teachers do not consider it a reliable source.
blakeh37
Blake H.
March 25th, 2018
My edit was reverted by a moderator for "vandalism" even though I cited a source then when I brought this up with her I got a warning for no reason! I'm done with Wikipedia and their power trip moderators! Never again.

Also I hate Wikipedia's interface it's old and it's like a Windows 95 application, it's a complete pain to do edits. It's in serious need of modernization.
tiennak
April 25th, 2018
this is the most horrible site in the world you can literally go and edit stuff if I were the person who created Wikipedia I would take the site off completely. so tell the creator to remove it. I think some of the facts are true but then some of them are not, so take away the site completely, please.
severinv
Severin V.
October 21st, 2017
I have trusted this site for a long time. Every article is so accurate and informational. Very helpful for research, or just finding facts about things.
hassanu
November 11th, 2017
in my life used to use information that Wikipedia provide to us because it is helpful in my daily life i wish all people should understand why we need to get truly information about this website
rahjeeb
June 29th, 2017
Wikipedia is basically an online encyclopedia. It haves numerous articles of information on just about everything. Even though there are a few mistakes in some of the articles and sometimes the information isn't always accurate, I believe this website deserves a 5 star rating, because Wikipedia normally knows what they're talking about. Wikipedia is a great, well known place to find out what you need to know.
jesser2
March 1st, 2017
I just got yet another block for "block evasion" even though my IP wasn't under any block at the time. They will block people without any sort of warning. What happened was that some other IP address edited my talk page in a way that made me seem like it was me, but it wasn't.

If they got rid of the corrupt admins like Favonian and Materialscientist, they could be a much better site.
But right now they care way too much about punishment rather than spreading knowledge. It's depressing that Google will instantly send people to Wikipedia for most searches.
chrisp188
March 25th, 2017
I've relied on this site in middle school, high school, and college, and now I just use it for general information gathering. I hope it will always be around.
libbys7
April 27th, 2017
A well known encyclopedia that has all the info you may need within your studies or just to know more (shame wiki is not the good source to enter into the study papers).
ryann47
February 15th, 2017
Wikipedia is generally a reliable source for information, especially recent news and more obscure topics. Granted, some articles are tenuous and need more verification, and Wikipedia has a vandalism and slight problem, but in my experience the Wikipedia interfaces make it easy for anyone to just correct any wrongs as long as the information is correctly referenced. I would give it a B plus because, although it's convenient, it's not always correct, so double check every Wikipedia article if you think something is wrong.
caysm
April 2nd, 2017
Came here to say thanks to these guys for this awesome free service. It helped me a lot throughout my studies and also in just some casual situations - you can find any info here, just ANY!
johnj355
February 22nd, 2017
I love Wikipedia! Where else can you learn everything you wanted to know all in one place. I get lost here for hours!
helenm123
January 16th, 2017
Be careful of the information that you learn on this website, many articles contain contradictions and factual inaccuracies in them. The website is open to whomever wants to edit and write articles, therefore exercise critical thinking skills and take facts learned from the articles on this website with a grain of salt. Recommended with reservations and advice.
ericas30
August 20th, 2016
I try not to use it as a source for research, but pretty good website if you want to find some interesting facts.
rodrigod5
April 21st, 2016
Simply the best resource for information on any topic!
justint42
1,137 helpful votes
December 28th, 2015
What can I say about Wikipedia. This is the first stop for anything you don't know. Excellent

That's how they are. They call everything they don't like "vandalism." They called it vandalism when I wrote on my own user page about how I disagreed with decisions that were made. I guess this is an old post, but it still matters, and they haven't changed at Wikipedia in any way that I'm aware of.

By Ron S.