Review of WebsiteBox

Tel: 1-866-857-1657
SUPPORT@WEBSITEBOX.COM

olegg20
2/19/19

set up could be fairly easy if you can get your idx to work. people who work there just don't care enough and seems like just don't have time to talk with you. After 3 weeks, few different guys were telling me that they are working on resolving an issue, and then all of a sudden after I called few more times told me that they can't fix it. I requested a refund but 2 weeks went by and they have not refunded it.

pablob43
2/6/19

I'm a do it your self, so I tried to fix an issue I was having. I used the online help, but couldn't find the answer readily so I used the online Chat that you have to wait for an answer. Next morning my issue was solved. Thanks for the help

naras1
1/31/19

Once you pay , you are no value to them. I have been asking to fix an issue for over 6 months now, cos,I have paid my IDX set up fees with my MLS and I cannot change that now to a different IDX Aggregator. Website box's IDX is horrible and Lead capture is clumsy. I have been their customer for a while, and after so many attempts, i realised its just a waste of time with them . Customer service is a Joke...I specifically ask the name of the agent and he said Charles...Without hearing my issue he hangs up the phone...I call again and someone called Sami takes the phone and I tell him, Charles Hang up the phone without hearing the issue, Sami say's ...there is no one working as Charles...Thats their level of customer support...Do not waste your time.

pedrol48
1/8/19

"Stay away!"

BAD VERY BAD COSTUMER SERVICE

clintm41
1/7/19

Seemed ok at first - then my listing pictures disappeared - contacted customer service and they said they were looking into it - 2 months ago! Still no resolution.

patrickf129
1/4/19

A little bit of a learning curve for a website building newbie. But once you get the hang of it the process is very simple! And the help desk actually answers the phone and leaves email messages for any questions! Impressive! One satisfied customer! I will be back for more websites! Thank you!

dominiquer18
12/27/18

Awful customer service! Nobody could help me with a simple task of adding my domain to my site. After days of talking with multiple people I decided to cancel and get my refund. It's been 7 days now that I've been trying to cancel this account and still nothing. Run from this company! They offer a lousy product for a cheap price with no support. What's the worst is they won't even let you cancel if you're not satisfied!

joses225
12/25/18

They did a great job for our temporary event website. They are recommended and they did good fast work!

jaym316
12/17/18

I am a web developer and freelance designer. I was hired to help an agent get the site setup and working after she had lots of issues trying to get simple things setup and working.
Most of what they say they can do. They cant or it is done in a very limiting way. Very little modifications can be done other than placement of items on the page. The forms for collecting data are the worst I have seen and you cant make any changes to them.
I am recommending my client use something else. Stay as far away as you can.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it. Go to a more main stream service.

ruthh276
12/8/18

The apps they sold me dont work. The search engine is a mess, & it takes a week just to get a BS response. They have not been able to make my site work properly yet, & I am getting NO where Fast. Ugh! I guess you get what you pay for.

charlesh406
12/7/18

5 Stars! Easy to set up and get on line quickly. When i needed advise...they were quick to respond. Service was spot on. I would highly recommend!

robinc219
11/27/18

I was a little hesitant to try this at first because I am not tech savvy. After messaging with Sami he assured me I could do it and even get some one on one set up time with a colleague. The price is unbelievable so what the heck. I did it and I am glad I did. My site looks nice. I did very little editing and it took me about 1 hour to have it up and running. I still don't know all of its capabilities but it is more than my real estate brokerage offered. I think I will like the CRM and I went ahead and upgraded the app package for a year as well. I am looking forward to using it and making more money!

kimberlyk112
11/21/18

Our Realtors® Code of Ethics prohibits us from advertising another agents listings without the listing agents information clearly visible. My State licensing law also prohibits the same. After months of back and forth with Websitebox they still have not corrected this egregious error and I am forced to find another solution. Thanks Websitebox - NOT!

jimmyf51
11/5/18

Their advertisement is dishonest at best but their telephone customer service is the absolute of unethical, dishonest, and rude. Avoid this company at all cost.

stephenl217
9/24/18

I just signed up for this service. So far, it's been fairly easy to use to user friendly navigation. The one on one training was very good with a wealth of information on how to customize your site. I haven't use this product long enough to know if there are any IDX issues, Windows version support issues or any other issues. I will report back if I do encounter any issues. The non-support of SSL platform is a concern. I will call support and inquire about it.

sonial49
9/4/18

So affordable & easy! David was patient & provided me with a wealth of information.
I'm so excited to get started & updating you all!

anaf71
8/25/18

Online Business Reviews can be a review of the services or products being offered by a particular website, but it can also review the content of the site (say, a news website or a website with funny videos). Basically, you can review anything that has a website.

belindat21
8/24/18

I like WebsiteBox. At a one-time fee of $99, it's very affordable, which is especially nice for new agents. Plus, it's easy to set up. I was able to set it up in a weekend. Also, the customer support is alright, although they sometimes take a while to answer back.

However, WebsiteBox has a serious security loophole that's stopped me from using it. This platform doesn't support SSL. In other words, your site will be flagged as "This Site Is Not Secure", and anyone who enters in their name, street address, etc will put their personal at a serious risk. Hackers will have a field day. Some clients won't care, but as buyers become savvier, they'll start to avoid sites without an SSL certificate.

If you're a realtor, you're trying to get prospects' contact info. That's important when you want to keep in touch with sellers and buyers who may not be in the housing market for a good 6 months or so. But, you can't do that (at least not responsibly) with a site platform that's missing basic security requirements. You could get away with this in 2002, but not 2018. Not with all the recent data breaches, internet protection laws, and whatnot. Besides this being unsafe, it also looks unprofessional, especially now that most realtor websites have an SSL certificate. Google will also push your site way down the list, too. Not having an SSL certificate is really bad for SEO, too. Don't expect to rank on the top 3 search results pages.

Also, if you're a realtor who does Facebook advertising, this platform doesn't support that. It supports Google Analytics at least, so Google AdWords should work with it. Still, to ignore one of the largest ad platforms out there is really disappointing to me.

These issues, combined with the Windows 95/XP layout of the control panel, make WebsiteBox very lacking compared to more expensive sites. I like what they're trying to do. They want to bring affordable website solutions to the real estate industry. But, it feels less like an "affordable solution" and more like a "you get what you pay for" sort of thing.

Summary: It seems if you want a decent, secure, and up-to-date realtor website, you'll need to shell out at least $300.

EDIT: The more I read the reviews, the more I suspect that a lot of them are fake.

davids1765
8/23/18

Don't believe these people about their refunding your money. I
subscribed yesterday and found out today that they don't support my MLS.
I asked for a refund and to cancel my subscription. I was told to
send an email and they would cancel the subscription. I immediately sent
an email requesting cancellation and my refund. I received an email
saying that I can't cancel until they send me a cancellation form which I
never received. I called their offices and was put on hold for 20
minutes. The customer service representative said they would send me
the forms on their terms and at a time suitable to them and that I would
just have to wait. This is a ripofff.....Don't be fooled.

simonf54
8/21/18

I'm a do it yourselfer, so I tried to fix an issue I was having. I used the online help, but couldn't find the answer readily so I used the online Chat. Next morning my issue was solved. Thanks for the help Sami!

nitag3
Nita G.
8/15/18

I am almost seventy years old. I do not understand computers and all of this high tech paraphernalia. I needed a website for my real estate business because the way of doing business has changed so much. I finally gave in, but I am in way over my head.
They guys never make me feel stupid when I ask questions.

garyr248
8/6/18

Ok so it's only $99 and you get phone, email or live chat customer sevice to answer questions! How can you beat that!

laurieb128
7/27/18

I absolutely love this product. Easy, for a novice - easy for a semi-novice! Intuitive and the support was great! Thanks for making website development easy breezy.

susanw437
7/17/18

He answered all of my questions in a timely manner. He is also keeping me updated. So far things are going as expected. Thank you Sami!

stevenm372
7/8/18

I used Websitebox for three years and was happy but then my MLS IDX feed stopped updating. I spent over a month trying to get them to fix it but they kept saying it was a developer issue. It was not resolved so I moved to another web host. What good is a Realtor website without current MLS listings and the ability to search current listings? Stay away is my suggestion!

Yes, i used my own domain..

By Stella A.

Andrew I'm not sure that it would be useful as its presently set up as a real estate website plstform.Also they may have a stipulation in their end user agreement that only allows the platform to be used for real estate purposes. CALL TRAVIS HUMPHREYS AT 18668571657 and he can answer this for you Good Luck !

By george S.

Hi James, Peyman Aleagha from WebsiteBox here. We do offer a DO-IT-FOR-ME program for $499 (one time fee) which includes creation of your website as well as setup of your domain name, custom header and 5 hours of a la carte design services. We will basically help with the launch of your website. Its very affordable and its done in house by WebsiteBox support reps. We do not offer any SEO services at this time but the above service will take care of pretty much everything else you have mentioned above. As William has mentioned all you need to do is to contact Mark Sanchez our Customer Success Manager at 1-866-857-1657 and he will get you setup. Just mention the DO-IT-FOR-ME program and he will take care of the rest. Regards, Peyman Aleagha Founder & CEO WebsiteBox Corp.

By Peyman A., WebsiteBox Representative

Hi, Alan - We bought WebsiteBox's SEO Tool for an extra $99 and have had great luck using it ourselves, without hiring an SEO Consultant. With constant monitoring and fine-tuning, we are getting onto Page #1 of Google'sTop Ten search results REGULARLY, at least for certain key search terms. However, our business is NOT as competitive on the Web as it is for Residential Brokers, because we are Commercial Tenant / Buyer Representatives. That said, my company, ITRA MacLaurin Williams, is located in the Metro Denver / Boulder Market, and, among Commercial Brokers here, we are in a very competitive space on the Web. So please take what I'm writing here in the context that we are not competing with Residential Brokers, which I realize is much more difficult that what we have to face on the Web for our business. Nevertheless, I can say that we sure have gotten far more worth out of WebsiteBox's SEO Tool than $99. Without, no way would we be getting into Google's Top Ten search results on Page #1.

By William G.

Hi Jason, I would assume that you already have an account with us ok. All you need to do is update some settings on your domain name and that will then connect your domain into our system. The full tutorial will be on the link below: http://support.websitebox.com/domain-tutorials/how-to-link-or-route-an-existing-domain-name-to-websitebox If you have any further question, feel free to email us at support@websitebox.com.

By Peyman A., WebsiteBox Representative

Hi Bobbie, I would assume they have a similar operation like Trulia or Zillow, in a sense that they aggregate listing data from various sources and make them available on their site. Visitors can then search for listing and in exchange, their website captures the lead info and sells those to clients that are using their services. WebsiteBox on the other hand focuses on providing tools for website creation. We don't offer listing search on our actual website because we don't have the data available for ourselves. Rest assured that the leads you capture on your site is yours alone. But if you want a detailed explanation on how we handle client data, check out our Privacy Policy on the link below:http://www.websitebox.com/privacy-policy.php

By Peyman A., WebsiteBox Representative

Hi Carol, At the moment, we only have website and content geared towards Real Estate. You can certainly build a website with us, but you will need to put quite an effort to add your own content to repurpose the site for what you need.

By Peyman A., WebsiteBox Representative

Hi Sean, We have our website hosting with Amazon's S3 server. The issue on their end caused a lot of our systems to go offline back then and thus the reason why you can't access your site or account that time. Everything should be up and running by now, so you should be able to access your account. If you need anything else, feel free to send an email to us at support@websitebox.com

By Peyman A., WebsiteBox Representative

Yes, you change out pictures, graphics, the text etc.

By Cathi W.

Not sure Kenneth, you would have to call them. Type in www.websitebox.com and look at the top of the right of the page for their number to ask them.

By Cathi W.
Questions? Get answers from the WebsiteBox staff and other customers.

18 Photos for WebsiteBox