Review of WebMD

Tel: +1-866-788-3097
almakelly@webmd.com
2018 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

chardab
1/29/15

Love looking up answers through WebMD

maryannm10
1/25/15

trustworthy

khimel
12/18/14

I was searching for a treatment to the health issues i had and WebMD has this article that really explained the conditions i had and what treatment and proper care i should take and it was really amazing because it really helped me a lot.

It's really reliable.

ruthtm
11/7/14

I am not satisfied with the webmd.com site because they did not provide the quality pregnancy related information. My sister is pregnant so she do not know about the food at this pregnancy time so decided to ask the help from this site but they did not give useful information about the pregnancy.

bernardk10
10/2/14

Their quizzes often annoy me. Their answers are often wrong or at least debatable. They do not allow comments to refute their often misleading answers.

suckm
9/27/14

WebMD took $14 million from the Obama administration to push government run health care. They have no credibility. They are Marxist filth.

tylerf4
9/25/14

I really like this website. I am a permanent reader of this site and they have the best healthcare articles and tips. You can get ideas on your diets. You can use them any time, I think getting tips is really a great idea we can improve our selves. Thanks for sharing different information's.

leos38
9/20/14

This is wonderful websites which gives the general information .This company providing Online facilities for the purpose of buying and selling activities. Their products are with low price and high quality. If the purchased products are having any damage they are allow you to do exchange. If you want they will provide you some free samples also. First use this free samples and ordered to other product.

rachellk
4/6/14

Best site for health! The topics are fully detailed. You'l be able to get best information.

abbyw6
2/14/14

This site has a plethora of useful information regarding health and beauty. I love taking the online quizzes and reading the articles as they are short and concise.

stephg5
12/21/13

WebMD is probably one of the best sources for medical information on the web. However, I would say the National Institutes Of Health, or the National Library Of Medicine are the top two (google them). But for the average person who wants to seek information before they go to the Doctor, WebMD is not a bad source at all. Getting information is a great thing, but you do need to apply more knowledge than a simple online write up if your ailment is more serious than a basic cold - but as I said, WebMD is a useful resource indeed. Just use it wisely

tommyj5
12/20/13

This is a great idea in theory and I still always visit it but I don't think it's always great for when you're most vulnerable.

It's fine for looking at symptoms when you're curious about a disease, but most of my friends and I check it when it's about symptoms we have and so we end up worried because all of the symptoms lead to the worst possible outcome!

carltonp5
10/16/13

This site is great for informational purposes only. If you are truly sick, please do not compensate this information in replacement of a true medical doctor.

qdfsds
7/15/13

This was a great website, but it seems more confusing and not as intuitive as it once was.

wanyuw
5/29/13

They offer a lot of information, but just becareful what you read. Do not try and diagnose yourself over the internet.

lm21
4/20/13

I have looked up information on WebMD for years. I had ignored the advertising to this point, but am now aware that the website carries content by Similac. As a certified Lactation Consultant, it is unethical for me (or any staff in baby-friendly hospitals, or seeking baby-friendly status) to have anything to do with artificial formula companies and advertising! I will no longer refer to WebMD and will spread the word within the breastfeeding support community. Such a waste of information, shame on WebMD for caving in. It's like letting a tobacco company advertise on a heart health information site.

michaelr58
2/22/13

I used to love them but now that I know they are linked with Healthboards.com, I knocked them down a couple notches.

ericc28
12/5/12

This website is remarkably detailed, and contains far more information than one could possibly ever hope to get through. Of couse that doesn't mean that it is 100% accurate, but it certainly seems to be a notch above most other health websites out there. Highly recommended. Of course you should seek advice from your doctor too.

ritak1
10/29/11

They have a lot of really helpful information here.

anthonyf4
8/31/11

I almost always refer my patients to Web MD. It is simply the best out there as of right now. It will remain the best until a greater competitor emerges.

lorrainew3
8/23/11

I like this site a lot. I have found many good doctors in the past from this site. I have used this site as a reference for many different types of topics that may refer to many medical conditions for friends and family. They have a wide variety of topics related to different illnesses that someone may be experiencing. Web Md has been a helpful tool in finding doctors in the areas where someone resides. I found a primary care physician here that I love. I have been going to this doctor for awhile now. Web Md is loaded with fact based literature to help patients. They explain in detail what the illness you already have or might be getting. Then you can check the list to find help for a specialist in your area. I hope this site helps others as it has helped me. I love all the topics they have. I have learned so much from this site. So if you need medical advise or just want to learn what to look out for where your health is concerned. Check this site out.*****

samuelc4
8/11/11

great information on there I found reading about cholesterol

sandraj1
10/20/09

I'm not sure that they even know that this false information exists on their website. There is an article claiming that the Continuous Glucose Monitor is covered and aprroved by Medicare. This is a cruel hoax on type-one insulin dependent diabetics. My husband spent several days between elation and deflation, arguing with medical authorities. The article is only accessible after reaching the website, www.webmd.com, then retyping www.diabetes.webmd.com/continuous-glucose-monitoring. He found it from some link on the internet. Since Medicare is clear about not covering the CGM, the article should be altered to the truth or taken off of the internet altogether. I do believe that the website is an unreliable source of information.

mirandah
10/11/09

This site helped me figure out how to relieve some really bad cold and flu symptoms. It is a good way to take care of yourself w/o having to speak to a real professional. Good site. RELIABLE.

eddiel
6/18/09

There are a lot of ads on WebMD, but it still remains a reliable source for health information online. I don't google health information any longer because I don't trust most websites, but WebMD has real physicians reviewing content. Other good health websites are the Mayo Institute and Revolution Health.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD