Vodafone IE

Vodafone IE has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 14 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Vodafone IE most frequently mention customer service problems. Vodafone IE ranks 96th among Internet Service Provider sites.

How would you rate Vodafone IE?

“Bad”

Lacramioara B.
3/3/20

Many issues: 12 months plan, paid on time, used minimal, the most expensive per minute as not used too much I asked the unlocking code for the phone as promised, they endlessly postponed. The phone given was with factory problems, needed to be resoft Many phone calls to CS, they were not able to solve any issue Ineffective, don't waste your money I wonder how and why this business can even exist on the market

lacramioarab
March 3rd, 2020

Many issues:
I asked the unlocking code for the phone as promised, they endlessly postponed.
The phone given was with factory problems, needed to be resoft
Many phone calls to CS, they were not able to solve any issue
Ineffective, don't waste your money
I wonder how and why this business can even exist on the market

Tip for consumers:
Not worth

Products used:
Many issues:
12 months plan, paid on time, used minimal, the most expensive per minute
I asked the unlocking code for the phone as promised, they endlessly postponed.
The phone given was with factory problems, needed to be resoft
Many phone calls, they were not able to solve any issue
Ineffective, don't waste your money
I wonder how and why this business can even exist on the market

gerb10
September 16th, 2020

My contract started about 9 months ago I've called them nearly every week when you look for a supervisior to call you back never happens
Even installs are done third party which is dangerous because user you can never change username and password on giggabox say. I've sent ComReg a list of concerns please do not use vodafone. Technically staff just don't know if it's off script. There's no follow up.
It's just a mess.

johnp3350
December 7th, 2020

Vodafone Ireland is an unbelievably poorly run company. Customer service is extremely bad. We talk to them a lot (which by itself is bad) and 4 out of 5 support people would have no idea how to fix issues.
Purchasing a business phone is an unbelievable hassle
Chanigng plans is very troublesome
Buying new phones is a long a painful process
Accessing online apps and web portal is unreliable
Repairing mobile phones... forget it
I do not want to blame customer service representatives. All of the above are issues that should be addressed by Vodafone Ireland CEO and COO and I believe they are outright incompetent.

hadif
October 30th, 2020

Overcharged for the 5th consecutive month since I've signed up for broadband and home phone, I have been spending nearly 2 hours with their customer service and on every occasion they have said it will b fixed and this is the last time I have to deal with it, and untill now I'm still being over charged, they are gangsters of a company, I also been given a claim reference nb so I put a formal claim, guess what. I've tried 8t and it's not a correct ref number, awful staff and duty managers or what ever they call them self. They hire dump and clueless staff.
By they way I'm still not sorted yet.

angharadc
September 23rd, 2020

Ongoing nightmare with Vodafone as my phone/internet provider. As a starting point it's a massively over priced service for what you get. Have been charged €76 per month for a phone that regularly goes over my data bundle. I use my phone data a distinctly average amount. Totally miscommunication and a lack of congruence in what information is given from various Vodafone staff members online/phone and in-person over their upgrade policy. I was signed up for a second two year contract without staff member informing of this before getting me to sign a legally binding contract. Extremely poor customer service. When I queried the contract issue I was threatened with debt collectors and a fine of €1000 for ‘breaking the terms' of said contract. I would advise anyone to look elsewhere

shilpaj8
October 2nd, 2020

Very bad experience with the vidafone home move team. Applied for home move a month ago and no repsonse from them at all, says that a line is still active in my new address and when I contacted the old tenant they already cancelled there connection months ago, Again I tried to contact the homemove team through email and phone call through the customer care number 1907 and the direct number which they gave me without any effect and unfortunately I was forced to switch to another provider. But I got a very good service before when I moved my home an year ago.

fergusm2
June 17th, 2020

They ported my service before I got a new sim. Their website says your service will be down for 10 minutes. It was down for nearly two days. I spent nearly two hours on the phone trying to sort it. Very poor.

geaninaf
January 14th, 2021

My kid Christmas Present didn't arrive even now, 14th Jan'21. I RANG THEM every day starting 14th Dec'20 chasing them WHERE they've sent the product. They had no clue, I had to call the An Post centre and after 10 min on the phone, I found out the package was sent to a completely WRONG address! Up to today, nobody came back on me. I'm their customer for the last 10+ years at the highest monthly plan plus my company is their customer as an SME... but this is going to change! The worse of the worse. Customer service is crap ( and sorry for my language) they never offer me any discount or anything... they not even sending the orderer to the correct address ( and that had the eir code on also!) so how can I expect to get anything from them?!?!

davidb857
November 25th, 2020

We have had intermittent faults on our phone line for the past number of weeks. This has ranged from very bad buzzing on the line, to having no dialing tone at all. I have logged numerous faults… and despite being a ‘business customer' where we rely on this phone to run our business, it takes between 2 to 5 days for a technician to even call out to us. Today I phoned as we had no dialing tone for the past 5 days, and had logged a fault about it 3 days ago. I was told that someone had closed my fault without sending an engineer. Still no dialing tone. I asked could I speak to a manger… and was told there was no manager to talk to.

ellenm390
December 31st, 2020

Absolutely applauded by the so called customer service. My problem first started with my upgrade to add a tv bundle to my current plan. Never received most of the channels I was supposed to have gotten with the package and for the whole month of December I had no signal and had no channels for that full month which I have also received a bill for non existing channels. The customer service department played me like a fool telling me to turn on and off this and that non stop bullsh*t with them. I was sent around in circles to try to fix a problem that they had caused by stopping my tv channels. If I could leave a 0 star review by god ye would get it.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from Vodafone tv channels or wifi

anthonyl43
May 8th, 2016

I bought a sony phone from them and less than a year later it stopped working. Just stopped. It was not dropped or miss treated. They said it would cost £150 to repair? And I would have to wait 3 weeks while still paying for the service. They were unhelpful. They treated me like it was all to much trouble, they were only interested in new customers even walking away from me to serve them.
So I bought a new phone and less then 4 months later this has stopped working.
I now have to go through this again... Dont shop in Vodafone's store

tanjaa1
September 14th, 2015

I was their client a couple of years, never could check my online bill because their admin dashboard is not functioning.

alexeye6
January 21st, 2017

I bought mobile phone Samsung Galaxy II for full price (431.99 euro) in Carphone Warehouse and after more than year found that it is locked to Vodafone (when tried to switch). I contacted the shop and they said that phones that they are selling are locked to a mobile company and I should contact mobile company (!) - note: I bought mobile phone for full price without any plan from Carphone Warehouse and I should go to another company to unlock the mobile phone!

Is not it collusive arrangements between Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone?

Fortunately I had Vodafone account and I requested unlocking phone code for this mobile from Vodafone - I got same code few times - it did not work.

Result: my phone is still locked more than 2 years and I don't use it as switched to another mobile company.

Lessons taken:
1) I will do my best to never use any company in Ireland that sells locked phones (I would consider online company like amazon instead).
2) I will do my best to never use Vodafone.

P.S.: if you need more details - I am happy to provide.

adamw47
March 10th, 2015

I will make this story short.

Vodafone has mobile broadband, stick modem. They are saying 20 euro per 30 days or 7.5GB data. After 3 days, the top up was gone. We went to Vodafone shop, they told us, we topped up that stick modem in wrong way ( top up was bought in other Vodafone shop and the staff did it there online) but the distance between this two shops is about 100Km so basically no point to drive there and back, if they have same computer system.

We bought another top up, the connection is very slow, but the point is, second top up was gone in 6 days an they said, we have use the data limit, so we need to top up again. Btw I got good router RB751G-2HnD and ALL data is coming thru this router, so it counts the data used. If you want the internet connecction you need to connect thru this router, I have changed password on usb stick, so nobody can bypass router. The data counter said about 2.16GB used.

One more story with Vodafone. I have bought top up for my phone, Samsung Galaxy 4S for 20 euro. The guy in the shop said, if you will buy top up atleast for 20 euro, you will have internet connection for free for next 30 days. So I bought top up for 20 euro. I came home, connected my Alienware laptop to the phone wifi hotspot. The top up was gone in about 80 minutes, 20 euro lost. Next day I came to Vodafonee shop to complain. They told me there is a landline and I can call to some $#*!ty support centre and tell them the story about lost top up. I did and nothing happened. Basically that was my most expensive internet connection in my life which lasted 80 minutes for 20 euro.

Last few words. If you are in Ireland and you are thinking about mobile network, avoid $#*!ing Vodafone. They will rip you off every day, till rest of your life.

Vodafone customers support = $#*!
Vodafone network coverage = $#*!
Vodafone prices for calls = even more $#*!

I switched to another network and I am finally happy.

What success story?! Vodafone is a nightmare in all respects. An Irish disaster!

By John P.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Vodafone IE staff and other customers.

Welcome to the Vodafone Ireland Facebook page. We'd love to hear from you. Let us know how you feel about our products, services, anything in between or if you'd just like a chat. http://www.vodafone.ie

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vodafone IE?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.1
Have a question about Vodafone IE?