VodaFone.ie

VodaFone.ie has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. VodaFone.ie also ranks 72nd among Internet Service Provider sites. The most common issues with VodaFone.ie are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate VodaFone.ie?

“Bad”

Lacramioara B.
3/3/20

Many issues: 12 months plan, paid on time, used minimal, the most expensive per minute as not used too much I asked the unlocking code for the phone as promised, they endlessly postponed. The phone given was with factory problems, needed to be resoft Many phone calls to CS, they were not able to solve any issue Ineffective, don't waste your money I wonder how and why this business can even exist on the market

lacramioarab
March 3rd, 2020
Many issues:
I asked the unlocking code for the phone as promised, they endlessly postponed.
The phone given was with factory problems, needed to be resoft
Many phone calls to CS, they were not able to solve any issue
Ineffective, don't waste your money
I wonder how and why this business can even exist on the market

Tip for consumers: Not worth

tanjaa1
September 14th, 2015
I was their client a couple of years, never could check my online bill because their admin dashboard is not functioning.
anthonyl43
May 8th, 2016
I bought a sony phone from them and less than a year later it stopped working. Just stopped. It was not dropped or miss treated. They said it would cost £150 to repair? and I would have to wait 3 weeks while still paying for the service. They were unhelpful. They treated me like it was all to much trouble, they were only interested in new customers even walking away from me to serve them.
So I bought a new phone and less then 4 months later this has stopped working.
I now have to go through this again ... Dont shop in Vodafone's store
alexeye6
January 21st, 2017
I bought mobile phone Samsung Galaxy II for full price (431.99 euro) in Carphone Warehouse and after more than year found that it is locked to Vodafone (when tried to switch). I contacted the shop and they said that phones that they are selling are locked to a mobile company and I should contact mobile company (!) - note: I bought mobile phone for full price without any plan from Carphone Warehouse and I should go to another company to unlock the mobile phone!

Is not it collusive arrangements between Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone?

Fortunately I had Vodafone account and I requested unlocking phone code for this mobile from Vodafone - I got same code few times - it did not work.

Result: my phone is still locked more than 2 years and I don't use it as switched to another mobile company.

Lessons taken:
1) I will do my best to never use any company in Ireland that sells locked phones (I would consider online company like amazon instead).
2) I will do my best to never use Vodafone.

P.S.: if you need more details - I am happy to provide.
adamw47
March 10th, 2015
I will make this story short.

Vodafone has mobile broadband, stick modem. They are saying 20 euro per 30 days or 7.5GB data. After 3 days, the top up was gone. We went to Vodafone shop, they told us, we topped up that stick modem in wrong way ( top up was bought in other Vodafone shop and the staff did it there online ) but the distance between this two shops is about 100Km so basically no point to drive there and back, if they have same computer system.

We bought another top up, the connection is very slow, but the point is, second top up was gone in 6 days an they said, we have use the data limit, so we need to top up again. Btw I got good router RB751G-2HnD and ALL data is coming thru this router, so it counts the data used. If you want the internet connecction you need to connect thru this router, I have changed password on usb stick, so nobody can bypass router. The data counter said about 2.16GB used.

One more story with Vodafone. I have bought top up for my phone, Samsung Galaxy 4S for 20 euro. The guy in the shop said, if you will buy top up atleast for 20 euro, you will have internet connection for free for next 30 days. So I bought top up for 20 euro. I came home, connected my Alienware laptop to the phone wifi hotspot. The top up was gone in about 80 minutes, 20 euro lost. Next day I came to Vodafonee shop to complain. They told me there is a landline and I can call to some $#*!ty support centre and tell them the story about lost top up. I did and nothing happened. Basically that was my most expensive internet connection in my life which lasted 80 minutes for 20 euro.

Last few words. If you are in Ireland and you are thinking about mobile network, avoid $#*!ing Vodafone. They will rip you off every day, till rest of your life.

Vodafone customers support = $#*!
Vodafone network coverage = $#*!
Vodafone prices for calls = even more $#*!

I switched to another network and I am finally happy.

Questions? Get answers from the VodaFone.ie staff and other customers.

Welcome to the Vodafone Ireland Facebook page. We'd love to hear from you. Let us know how you feel about our products, services, anything in between or if you'd just like a chat. http://www.vodafone.ie

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VodaFone.ie?

Have a question about VodaFone.ie?