Review of Vitamin Shoppe

Sterling, VA 20166, US
affiliates@vitaminshoppe.com

maddyr8
8/10/18

Worst customer service I have EVER received. I cancelled my account 3 months ago by speaking with a representative on the phone. On the 3rd, $30 was taken out of my account with no email no order number, nothing. I called and was told I would get it refunded that day by a SUPERVISOR. I was lied to and after calling 3 more times, and every time they said it was already refunded. Turns out it wasn't, and they will not pay back the charge for overdrafting my bank account. DO NOT SHOP HERE OR GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. SCAM

jeralynnk
7/22/18

Ive always had a great experience at Vitamin Shoppe every time I go. Staff has been very helpful even on the days that they were super busy. Yesterday, I asked for Pyruvate at the Vitamin Shoppe in Boynton Beach, Florida and, even though its discontinued, they pointed me in the right direction for a deeply discounted Pyruvate that was 25% of the usual cost.

annad170
7/16/18

I am Anna and I was at vitamin-shoppe at the sawyer heights and there was a beautiful lady (Yamilet) that invites you to shop; she looks very healthy skin nails and hair also, she looks athletic and offers a great customer service.
I had a return and, she handles in a calm way regarding the busy moment she was facing.

Great experience

fredg101
5/29/18

The staff here friendly and helpful and I found a lot of great deals, many of the prices were better than amazon

wilsont21
5/24/18

The staff in the stores are helpful and the site is very easy to navigate. They had one of the best prices around on Liquid Vit 5000.IU and to make things even better if you bought one bottle the price for the 2nd was 50% lower. I could not buy one bottle elsewhere for 9.99 but I got two bottles for less than 15 bucks; that's unreal

desmondb13
4/29/18

The deals are clearly listed and easy to browse to. There's a variety of products to choose from, the product comparison tool could be better. One of my orders had a product that had to be shipped separately and took a while to come, but the item arrived without issue.

ronw82
3/18/18

I have been ordering dietary supplements from the Vitamin Shoppe for awhile now. One can use their website to order or just walk in to a store near you. Personally, everything I order is either shipped to me in a timely fashion or is available for pickup at the nearest store. Four stars because the website definitely could use a face lift as navigating through it maybe tricky.

mp152
3/6/18

I've never had an issue with VitaminShoppe in; quality, ordering, prices, customer loyalty discounts are all awesome, thank you!!!

elleb15
2/28/18

Very, very poor customer service at VitaminShoppe.com. Out-of-stock items listed as Ships within 24 hours, multiple unanswered emails though their own Feedback Forum, discourteous agents operating Live Chat Overall, incredibly poor communication and a dreadful shopping experience.
Avoid the lure of the occasional coupon and avoid VitaminShoppe.com. It is not worth the trouble.
I would recommend GNC or of course Amazon for nutritional supplement purchases.

dianal74
11/14/17

SLEAZY VITAMIN SHOPPE you have to put a debit or credit card in before you can use a gift card. I ordered in store then was told they didn't have it in stock. order was cancelled and they still tried to bill me. cheated me on points spent 169.00 said I only had 124 points. called 4 times already and still need to call back because problems still not resolved. most horrible place I have ever dealt with. looks like I will be shopping at GNC thanks to the vitamin shoppes poor service and incompetence. not that cheap to have such poor service. products are not that high quality either. wont be a vitamin shoppe customer ever again was a horrible experience to say the least.

benm131
9/8/17

Terrible service they dont tell you your productis coming from the new Jersey warehouse.I could've went to the store in my city to get it ,instead of waiting 3 days.I never would've ordered online if i knew this would be the case

celiad5
6/29/17

I always order my protein powder from the Vitamin Shoppe. You get discounts once you start ordering and it's there the next day. Very expedient. The products are always in good condition on arrival.

cindym143
5/19/17

I hate to keep asking the prices of everything. Not a well maintained store. Things are way up top or in sealed boxes on the floor. Associates drinking and eating meals at the front desk.

henryt42
4/8/17

Received my order a little faster than I expected. One item I wanted was not availalble and they replaced it with something that was a slightly higher value, so I can't complain. Will order again.

jackr39
3/13/17

I've been shopping for supplements and naturopathic cures for most of the past 30 years, and through that time I've gone to Vitacost and Vitaminshoppe.com with great regularity. When VItacost fell off the boat into the sea of "in house" manufacture, the only decent choice was Vitaminshoppe.com. It remains, to this day, as the only great option for vitamins and supplements. There really is no other choice for great products, good prices and excellent service. You can even pick your order up at a local store, which makes it doubly excellent!

brandys18
12/19/16

This is for the company in general. I ordered 2 items from their website both of which stated that they would ship out that day. The money was then held in my account, as expected, and I didn't think much else of it. A week or so went by and I still had not received an email of shipping, again didn't think much about it and just assumed I had missed the email and it would be here any time. Another week had gone by before I received an email saying that 1 of my items shipped where the money for that was officially taken out of my account. I emailed them asking about my other item and they stated that it was on backorder and would not be in stock for another 4-6 days. So I waited...the day after the money was placed on hold again in my account but I had not received a shipping email. Finally about a week later I received a shipping order and the money was taken out of my account officially. This is now 4 weeks AFTER I had put in my original order - I received no email stating that my order was on back order or that there would be a delay of any kind or that the money was not all taken out after the original order had been placed. So I emailed them expressing my anger about this whole situation and it was like they didn't even care...I exchanged about 10 emails stating everything I had above and in each email they skirted around the email without answering any of my questions. Each email had a very generalized message of "we are sorry for your recent problems." Finally after not receiving my order after another 5 days of waiting I asked for my money back, to which they replied they would not do and I was given absolutely no compensation for my extremely long wait (nearly 5 weeks all together from when I ordered 2 items and receiving them both). This company is absolutely the worst. I will never order from them again.

terryc65
6/3/16

The website indicated the product was "in stock". I placed the order. Several days later I received an email saying it was back ordered. I called customer service and was told the order was now processing and would ship the next day. Then I received another email saying it was back ordered again. I called customer service and cancelled the order for 2 reasons.
1. The information provided on the website was incorrect.
2. The information provided to me via phone by a customer service representative was incorrect.

I have too many options to deal with a company that repeatedly provided bogus information.

frankm123
4/27/16

April 23, 2016
Attn: Customer Relations.

On April 22 at The Vitamin Shoppe located at 2205 N. Federal Hwy, Ft. Lauderdale 33305 I purchased two items totaling $50.98. This morning, April 23rd upon a review of my checking account, I found two pending charges for the exact same price of $50.98. The Vitamin Shoppe must have accidentally charged my account twice. No big deal...let me give them a phone call and try to rectify it or ask if I need to bring in a copy of my bank statement. When I explained the dilemma to Ike the manager on shift, his response was "That's impossible, we can't double charge". In response, I suggested I bring in a copy of my bank statement showing the two pending transactions with two different transaction numbers from The Vitamin Shoppe. He told me there's no need for that because there's nothing he can do to help me. Not once during our conversation did he ask for my name and information to at least look up my transaction. He suggested I call my bank and attempt to resolve it with them, at which I then stated " this is why I shop with Amazon.com because they would have looked up the transaction, verified the situation and resolved it...making my shopping experience a smooth, happy experience. Ike then became upset, argumentative and interruptive. I expressed my dissatisfaction with his behavior towards me as a customer and this will all go into my review of my shopping experience at their store, plus I'm going to use his behavior when I call The Vitamin Shoppe corporate office. Ike hung up the phone on me. Hmmm....The Vitamin Shoppe charges me twice (accidentally) and owes me $50.98 and then I receive abusive attitude from the manager on duty and he hangs up on me. How interesting is that? If I had a problem with a transaction with Amazon.com, they'd have been apologetic and extremely cooperative with me, thus making me feel as if I am a valued customer. Upon contacting The Vitamin Shoppe customer service, I spoke with a representative named Elley and explained my experience thus far. I was calm, but obviously a very dissatisfied customer. She apologized for my experience and told me I would receive a call from corporate on Monday as they are not in the office during the weekend.
I do expect to be refunded the mistaken transaction funds, but I sincerely hope the manager Ike receives some sort of disciplinary action and training in customer relations.
An apology would be a good start.
I will be holding off from submitting my review pending the outcome of our investigation....

April 27, 2016....
It is now 5 days after my purchase at The Vitamin Shoppe and 4 days since I initiated my complaint with customer service at The Vitamin Shoppe. I did not receive a call from corporate Vitamin Shoppe in regards to my financial issue nor the abusive treatment from Ike the local manager.
I instead initiated a call regarding both issues and was told my funds will be refunded. In regards to Ike and his abusive customer relations skills....well, I haven't been contacted by anyone from The Vitamin Shoppe which is indicative of a much bigger problem at The Vitamin Shoppe.
The Vitamin Shoppe clearly does not care about their customers. This is why their employees are completely unskilled in customer relations. Hence, this is why I do the majority of my shopping (spending my hard earned money) at Amazon.com....a company which clearly has a complete training department on customer relations. Amazon has the exact same products for $9 less with 2 day delivery which will be subscribed to for a very pleasurable monthly delivery.
Thank You Ike. Thank you Vitamin Shoppe for a very long drawn out disastrous $50 shopping experience.

Yours truly...
An educated consumer.

marilynw19
3/20/16

They say 100% guaranteed just not after 30 days. Your stuck with the 600 tablets if you cant decide if the pills are helping you or not. Not to mention $55. or more. Dont bother with customer service they are all robotic and have the same reply. Almost like a script. My complaint e mail was answered by customer service/amateur magician/ sky diver/health enthusiast, vitamin shoppee representative. That was how the email was signed. The truth.
I will never shop there again.

brucem8
3/7/16

I have been using Vitamin Shoppe products for years and I find this company to be very reputable. They offer a large variety of vitamins, herbs and supplements.Their service and
delivery system are unbeatable ! The company also offers value rewards for your purchases
which you can redeem at the end of the year. The Vitamin Shoppe packages their products
with pride and the delivery is astonishingly fast ! There is free shipping for orders over $25
and they have many sale items.

susanp81
11/5/15

Always receive what I order in a very timely manner. Often have online specials

pj80
10/13/15

I had a horrible experience at your Vitamin Shoppe Store #0774 in Delray Beach, FL on 10/13/2015. This Vitamin Shoppe is near my business, so I stopped in one day after lunch. I generally shop at the Vitamin Shoppe closest to my home. When I walked in I was totally ignored by the employee at the register, "Michael" - Associate #038358. I walked around the entire store looking for the item I came in to buy, all the while being ignored by Michael. Michael was behind the register doing, 'whatever'. There were no other customers in the store. I could not find the item. Michael never asked what I was looking for or if he could help me. In disbelief that he didn't asked me if I needed assistance by now, I approached Michael and asked him where the item was. He muttered "over there". He still did not look at me or acknowledge my presence besides his curt response. He seemed annoyed and bothered that he actually had a customer that needed his assistance. His head was down the whole time. I asked him, "where?". He finally motioned (with his head) to the side of the register. I picked up the items, paid and left. Michael is a classic example of the worst customer service has to offer. He was rude, unprofessional and a disgrace to the Vitamin Shoppe name. I refuse to patronize an establishment that shows little respect to me as a consumer. You must know that there are many other places one can shop in South Florida for vitamins, and as a result of this experience with your Vitamin Shoppe, I will be taking my business elsewhere and will encourage everyone else on social media to do the same. By the way, I am (was) a Healthy Awards member, but not any more. I will NOT be shopping again at Vitamin Shoppe.

henryl33
4/20/15

I first entered the store and was greeted to turn out later as a snotty, rude girl employee. I asked her some questions, which were returned with short, brief answers. I had done some research on this product, and she was not even correct with a answer to my questions. I suggest you hire employees who are knowledable about your products and that are more friendlier. I wont be back again to this Geneva store ever again.

millieb3
8/17/14

For many years I have been ordering from this website and have always been happy. Never had a problem and recommend this site for vitamins of all kinds.

The only problem is that they don't have everything I need, which I can't really "fault" them for it, just saying that they could offer more items.

elizabethf22
5/20/14

The vitamin shoppe's website is easy to navigate and I love the shop by health concern section. I found everything I needed under stress management and got free shipping as my order was over $25. Everything I purchased was on sale and the prices were very competitive.

Questions? Get answers from the Vitamin Shoppe staff and other customers.

Vitamin Shoppe?