Virgin Media Ireland reviews

Tel: 0035312458000
customer.support@virginmedia.ie

colins108
7/10/19

Terrible customer service. Rude, passive aggressive staff. Cancelled and even that was an ordeal with an incredibly rude rep.

peterk300
10/27/18

Asked if they would enable VPN on their data side so I could use my work VPN , first person gave me a premium number which I said was wrong and they reassures me they would help me low and behold no they can't and fobbed me off to a different number and I was charged 2.x a minute to be told that, then the other number said I had to get in contact with my i.t. department which I said no it was on the provider side vpn was being blocked and read the script for me again, then I asked for someone technical whomever read the same script to me saying I should get in contact with my i.t. department, I am the head of the i.t. department you fools, I then got in my car drove to a three store and changed networks and wow VPN worked so very surprising, avoid these idots at all costs, scripted rude monkies.

majicg
9/14/18

Charging people 97e for bundle of TV containing worst channels in history all +1. While new customers gets charged only 50e a month. After 5 years with them i was offered just the broadband for 59e a month while new customer gets everything for 50e. WOW !!! And trust me they will overcharge you for everything. Going to Sky now, hope Virgin will go bankrupt in Ireland

yanisp16
5/30/18

With Virgin in this country we are ripped off! With they HUGE HIGH prices! Better i stay without internet than to go with them. UPC was a lot better and human - with acceptable prices.

johnw1121
5/17/18

This is the worst company we have ever been with,there customer service
is so bad ,they not care about there customers.we had no internet for over 4
months and we were still being charged.There call center in India is
beyond a joke,we must have made 100's of calls and each time we
were fobbed off,must have had over 12 engineers come and say the same
thing its the cabling outside and Virgin now this but we were still charged.
it was great that it had come to the end of the contract so we left
as a good will gesture they gave is a measly £15.a joke,stay away from this
company

mattr183
4/28/18

Appalling service, you guys are scamming the country- how can you call yourselves a business? if i could rate 0 star i would. we were told that if we paid an extra 2 euro a month the internet would improve and it got worse insead! we have gone through 4 boxes and each time they claim the problem will stop but it doesn't. when we called them, they're employee was incredibly rude and was making excuses while trying to charge us an extra 50 euro for a mechanic to come out to fix a problem that is THEIR FAULT. virgin should be paying for my netflix and playstation subscriptions because i have sat down and 60% of the time there isn't even an internet connection present. projects can't be done as internet services virtually don't exist from about 6 till 11 at night. a cabbage would give off a better signal than you're services. disgraceful company, highly unprofessional and if you're thinking of going anywhere don't pick virgin media! just got a sky box today and are somehow saving money while getting better channels and a higher quality service.

kahramanb
4/10/18

i had UPC for 10 years with no problem, i have 2 business account with broadband and phone, first i received a bill with someones name with my business name, it took me 3 months to solve this problem, when i signed with Virgin in march we start to have connection problems at around 9 a.m. 13.00 and around 18.00 hours everyday we had same problem, we call them many times and they were keep transfer me second person and cut of (this happened 5 times) .Then spetember 2017 there was no service in both shops , i took video of listening music when we ring virgin media till mid of october, no respond to emails , so i stop direct debit for payment , then somebody called me for payment in November which still internet wasn't working.i have 3 video records holding 20 min each times trying to talk with customer service. so i told the girl cancel my both account she said i still have to pay for contract till end, i told them that they broke the contract, so she told me that she can see no service and she refund me 2 months september and october , then we had same connection problems on december again.

alexeye6
2/5/18
• Updated review

After two price increases in 2016, +5 euro in Jan 2018. I would expect the support of loyal customers, while here it is vice versa.

“Aggressive price politics”
4/10/16
• Previous review

"-":
1) Very aggressive price politics
2) Increasing price for previous/old packages (120Mb, e.g.) + making them unavailable for new customers (120Mb, 100Mb, 60Mb are not available now)
3) No packages with lower speed while 99% of users don't need the only 2 broadband pricey packages (240Mb & 360Mb)
E.g. user with standard WIfi or/and 100Mb Ethernet is unlikely able to use more than 100Mb (even technically).
I presume that a lot of users don't really notice/need more than 60Mb (exceptions - who downloads huge files)

[update on Nov-2016]
4) second notification about price increase this year: +5e in Jan'2016, and +2.5e in Nov,2016 => old title confirmed again => -1 star (3->2)

"+":
is really fast for those (maybe 1-5%) who really needs 240Mb and 360Mb

donr85
10/25/17

I was quite sceptical about media providers, having had very bad experiences with two major competitors. Virgin was my last resort, and they seemed almost helpful when I contacted them by phone.The 'Self' installation involved a few further calls, but each time I was speaking to someone in minutes, as opposed to circa 40 minutes. My last interaction has just finished, and it was a visit by their engineer Glen Geraghty. I understand that Glen is still under supervision, as his minder Mark called to see how he was getting on. Well, if Glen is representative of the people Virgin are recruiting, then there will only be one provider in a few years. He was so totally committed, explaining everything as he went along, and refusing to leave until he was fully satisfied that we were perfectly happy with everything. If Carlsberg did Media ............. Indeed!!!

mochog
8/21/17
• Updated review

Last time virgin media was horrible
now after calling and complaining on the phone the internet is actually good
Its kind of annoying that you have to complain to get a good service

“What happend this service?”
8/21/17
• Previous review

at night virgin media becomes horrible
at day its basically as bad
FIX THIS
what you should do is hire more workers or fire your previous workers who are doing the job badly because they are probably sleeping on the job
our internet speed is slow and for a famous guy I know who haves the same broadband he isn't even able to create content
he does this as a living
think about the people

shanaa11
7/1/17

Nightmare first day experience! Pre installation team hooked up fibre cables without consent while I was not in (How is that even right? suppose you cancel/ change your mind?) before installation date and wired the WRONG side of the house - tv wires clearly visible on other side of house if they had cared to do a proper examination of the property - rookie error!

On day of installation, was told cabling would have to be pinned around the house - said no as it would make the front of the property look ugly and that I would rather the cabling be repositioned before the install. Engineer called Manager and was told that cabling guys would come and sort it out that morning and I should go ahead with install (now 8:30am). Waited all day - didn't come and now I have an electrical trip hazard outside the house until MONDAY. Waited in all day, lost earnings, stressed and upset. Calling different depts. all day. Apart from Lorna at the end, customer service beyond justification.

Totally regret leaving and miss SKY :( mistake to leave - wish I would have just paid the extra fiver a month and saved myself the stress of giving Virgin a chance. Thinking of cancelling and asking SKY to take me back.

To Customer Relations Manager, Sean. D. (Sheffield): I hope not making that extra call to the install team was worth the negative reviews, poor ratings I've left on various review sites and your social media, the £45 credit I got and my likely cancellation and return to SKY. FYI: This is exactly the reason your customer service rating is SO poor. Get real Virgin.

jacksono5
5/29/17

Virgin Media Ireland took over UPC Ireland.
Service provided by UPC was reliable, stable.
Also Virgin Media increased the price, what a joke.

bennym24
2/28/17

12 years with UPC, 2 years with Virgin media( due to virgin's takeover of UPC ) and I have had so many problems in those 2 years compared to 1 with UPC. Virgin media are atrocious. Far to expensive for a very poor service. Spent almost 5 months trying to resolve a technical issue with them and in the end Virgin media just couldn't care less.
There was no desire on there part to resolve this issue and as far as a replacement box,no way was that going to happen. Apparently, ( and I quote ) " yes, some of our boxes have a few issues but just unplug everything and wait 2 minutes and it should be fine.

Every few days.....REALLY!!!
So I changed to Sky, what a difference!
Great customer service, everything working perfect and 864 a year cheaper for the same package. What a deal!

mc563
2/14/17

I closed my account in November 2016 as I was moving supplier. I noticed today that since that date, three direct debits have been taken from my account by Virgin. When I called them, I was told that the account had not been closed and they will not refund my money. Absolute disgrace.

danilom2
2/10/17

I have a contract with Virgin Media ireland for 2 years, I called several times to ask them why every time they increased the price.
I got the contract for 45 euro a month and now I have to pay 62.48 euro a month.
I told them i sight the contract for 45 and then 55 but all the time the increase the price without my approval.
the virgin media answer was we can raise prices without customer confirmation. I will report this issue to consumer law and to the local garda station.

shaneo7
2/6/17

I was going to sign up for Virgin mobile and decided to look up reviews of the service as I was mainly concerned with coverage. I'm glad I found these comments as it completely changed my mind.

niamhf3
1/12/17

They literally took 100 euro out of my account one day and just completely denied it. they insisted it wasnt them, kept hanging up on me, and when i finally sent them my bank details showing them the transaction and they just ignored me and kept hanging up, no one knew anything, no one could help me. I then cancelled my account and was told I would still have to pay another 50 euro bill which I paid. then a month later another 50 was taken from my account and they denied I had ever cancelled the account. ABSOLUTE COWBOYS.

mariuszt
12/18/16

I Hate Virgin Media,rude staff.I cancel my contract.Shame on you.

sabuj1
11/4/16

I will not recommend Virgin Media to anyone. I purchased a bundle of 30 euro per month broad band and 400 minutes international calls. I was told all I have to pay 30 euro for 4 months after that 60 euro per month for 12 months. I only Purchased this bundle. Very first bill was 60.30 euro second month 167. Euro. when i called them they said i used international calls for the first month. Now, still it shows 297.10. stay away from this company and their service.If u ever use strictly take extra caution.

mey187
10/27/16

1 star was the lowest I could give if there was a minus id give it absolute rubbish provider
They cut you off without warning even if you owe them 1.00 no warning just cut off.
No email contact nothing just cut you off then they want a 5.oo reconnect fee (gangsters)
Richard Brandson is a complete toss pot why UPC sold out to these corporate scum is beyond me.
UPC was a better run company their service was a million times better.
Virgin I am done with yous

billyk20
10/17/16

Warning STAY AWAY !!!!! Signed up for my daughter.. Was told unlimited data, calls and texts to any network on contract for 25 per month.. Constantly being overcharged for data.. Bills range from 97 to 150 euro per month.. Even though they advertise Unlimited date it up to a max of 30 GB per month.. Have checked the data usage on the phone and the max she used in any month was 14 GB .. The same month I got a bill saying she used 42 GB and a bill for 150 euro.. Customer service just keep fobbing me off .. It's all a con Stay away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marthal34
8/19/16

Where do i start, first customer service is very poor, it seems operators are answering from scripts same answers for different question.
and on top of that i could hardly understand them then asked how is the weather in ireland.
Then mis sold a price for 80 bit my bill was 98 then following mnth was 100 and thats on digital because i downgraded from horizon then charged 2 xtra multi viewing 3months in a row which i dont have i had a stressfull time with this co.
How i wish we can get our upc back.
I can go on on with this company
Arrived home only to find they disconnected me because of 50 balance with out a warning which upset my 5 yr old boys
1 wk now no telly and they hv refused to realise my line for me to connect to another company as iam still on contract but i refuse to pay their 200 euro fee
THIS VIRGIN MEDIA IS A RIPE OFF ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES AND FANCY HOLIDAYS

rosiem15
8/18/16

I've been a UPC customer for years, I even took part of the Horizon trials and loved them but since Virgin Media took over it's been a nightmare. They constantly overcharge us then suspend our service and tell us if we pay in full they'll reconnect us and refund us in our next bill. Every month we're penalised for their mistakes and their customer service is atrocious. Every phone all is a argument that goes in circles with no end. They constantly neglect to tell you vital information that is also not on their website like you can only cancel a contract by email (took numerous calls and weeks to find that out) and they WILL charge and demand payment for their negligence and mistakes. They care about one thing and one thing only, getting their hands on your money.

claireb59
8/12/16

Back in December I decided to move to Virgin Mobile for my teenager dayghter and myself. Called Virgin and had a long process through an asian call centre (painful already). Managed to get it sorted and I received the SIM 3 weeks later. Went on the website to activate the SIM as told (very hard functionality to find) and was told that I needed to call to activate that it could not be done through the site. Tried to call them 3 times ... "your call is important to us ... you are number 24 on the list .. blah blah blah" I had this experience 3 times at 3 different time of the day and eventually gave up wrongly assuming that it won't be a problem.
since I haven't activated the SIM.

The offer was for 3 months free and I have broadband, TV and Phone with them so I did not notice at first but on the 4th month they charged me for the mobile that I never activated or used.

I canceled the service and the direct debit and wanted my money back. The mobile agent assured me he'll pass on my complain to the refund team and I never heard back until yesterday when they called me to "settle" the due amount!!!! I refused and explained the issue and asked for a commercial gesture of some sort. They refused!!

Now I have been a customer of theirs for more than 2 years and was planing on staying with them ... this is all going to change my boardband, TV, phone services are going to another provider next month.

Regardless of the legal terms and conditions that I did not know about (obviously) I can't believe that virgin customer service manager believes the best way to gain customer is to make it really hard for them to sign up then to cahrge them for something they haven't managed to do!!!

Disgraceful

It is very sad as I admire Richard Branson and all he's done but his company is not living up to the standards and lost themselves along the way ...

stay away they will realise one day that customer experience is key to profitable business!!!

unhappyc65
7/20/16

When VirginMedia took over UPC I didn't mind in the first place. But the speed of the internet was so slow and always keeps disconnecting.We complained few times and never happened. 2 weeks ago I had a shock to discover that they took 80 from my account although I was paying 37. I called and I asked why that happened and asked for my account to get cancelled. They said I was in a promotion package so now I am back to pay the initial price. After 30 minutes on the phone with different staff, supervisor etc I didn't agree on a new package and asked them to cancel. I called today to ask if it was cancelled and I find out I have to send an email and it will take another 30 days to cancel it.
So I just stop the direct debit, I mentioned this will be the last month I am paying. Some of the staff is rude, some of them don't know what to answer.
I don't recommend Virgin Media!
UPC's staff had manners and were very polite and helpful.

We've been with Virgin Media and UPC beforehand since 2008. The modem or the box has to be rebooted probably once a month. We're seriously looking at other options. We don't have fast internet because our cables limit the speed, regardless of what the provider is providing. Worth checking that too.

By Kaye E.

Questions? Get answers from the Virgin Media Ireland staff and other customers.

Virgin Media Ireland?