Virgin Media Ireland reviews

Tel: 0035312458000
customer.support@virginmedia.ie

josephm1112
1/18/20
32 bad reviews says it all...the biggest tv and braodband provider in ireland and you cant even get the biggest fight of the year on it...you ring up and its the same thing they say 8 months ago its coming soon!!!!but this time one of the reps said he has a loop hole after i went are your really not showing the fight...so he told me to sign up to ufc fight pass and buy the subscription and doing so you get a 30 day trail and one fight card for free....a load of pony he told me just to get me off the phone id say...sort it out virgin 32 bad reviews dont lie
owenc54
11/12/19
Right were do I start customer service right, ring them up to cancel my account they first claimed I was one day over my 14 day cooling of period when I new I was not so there started the hard sale warning me that my tv and internet was going of and kept refairing back to what I had talked about previously in the early stage of contract could not have said it more clearly I want to cancel it took me all of 1 hour to cancel with theses people god never again 70e for freeview CHANNELS please do not go near these. Hard sale you I would have hated to been an older person and not understood what was been said to me very misleading there customer service and dont no what cancel means. And I all so during the conversation ask to speak to supervisors or managers I was put on hold then came back to me stating all management was in a "meeting" then because he just would not cancel me let me go on my way for second time I ask to speak to management then I got one were his first words was sorry it was a human error I replied wot he went on to say I was sat here listening to the hole thing going and you are with in your 14 day cooling of period. Yes I got right the manager was there all along and told the guy to say he was in a meeting lie after lie then he said look you were not charged anything. Ok but think out loud how many human errors have you done if I was outside by one day of my cooling of period I would have had to paid for a years subscription to break free of contract. Very dangerous water virgin media. I sure your not allowed to do hard sales nor give faults information about management and certainly not about the contract I was on my 14th day today and i did make the comment so someone don't know how to count to 14 well for that reason you have lost a customer and would advise people to be careful of there terms and conditions because they will turn them to there advantage when it suits.
mars14
10/3/19
Disgraceful! 3 weeks I have no services and they are not even putting any effort to help me out! On top of all that they are charging me full price for services which are not working.....
colins108
7/10/19
Terrible customer service. Rude, passive aggressive staff. Cancelled and even that was an ordeal with an incredibly rude rep.
peterk300
10/27/18
Asked if they would enable VPN on their data side so I could use my work VPN , first person gave me a premium number which I said was wrong and they reassures me they would help me low and behold no they can't and fobbed me off to a different number and I was charged 2.x a minute to be told that, then the other number said I had to get in contact with my i.t. department which I said no it was on the provider side vpn was being blocked and read the script for me again, then I asked for someone technical whomever read the same script to me saying I should get in contact with my i.t. department, I am the head of the i.t. department you fools, I then got in my car drove to a three store and changed networks and wow VPN worked so very surprising, avoid these idots at all costs, scripted rude monkies.
majicg
9/14/18
Charging people 97e for bundle of TV containing worst channels in history all +1. While new customers gets charged only 50e a month. After 5 years with them i was offered just the broadband for 59e a month while new customer gets everything for 50e. WOW !!! And trust me they will overcharge you for everything. Going to Sky now, hope Virgin will go bankrupt in Ireland
yanisp16
5/30/18
With Virgin in this country we are ripped off! With they HUGE HIGH prices! Better i stay without internet than to go with them. UPC was a lot better and human - with acceptable prices.
johnw1121
5/17/18
This is the worst company we have ever been with,there customer service
is so bad ,they not care about there customers.we had no internet for over 4
months and we were still being charged.There call center in India is
beyond a joke,we must have made 100's of calls and each time we
were fobbed off,must have had over 12 engineers come and say the same
thing its the cabling outside and Virgin now this but we were still charged.
it was great that it had come to the end of the contract so we left
as a good will gesture they gave is a measly £15.a joke,stay away from this
company
mattr183
4/28/18
Appalling service, you guys are scamming the country- how can you call yourselves a business? if i could rate 0 star i would. we were told that if we paid an extra 2 euro a month the internet would improve and it got worse insead! we have gone through 4 boxes and each time they claim the problem will stop but it doesn't. when we called them, they're employee was incredibly rude and was making excuses while trying to charge us an extra 50 euro for a mechanic to come out to fix a problem that is THEIR FAULT. virgin should be paying for my netflix and playstation subscriptions because i have sat down and 60% of the time there isn't even an internet connection present. projects can't be done as internet services virtually don't exist from about 6 till 11 at night. a cabbage would give off a better signal than you're services. disgraceful company, highly unprofessional and if you're thinking of going anywhere don't pick virgin media! just got a sky box today and are somehow saving money while getting better channels and a higher quality service.
kahramanb
4/10/18
i had UPC for 10 years with no problem, i have 2 business account with broadband and phone, first i received a bill with someones name with my business name, it took me 3 months to solve this problem, when i signed with Virgin in march we start to have connection problems at around 9 a.m. 13.00 and around 18.00 hours everyday we had same problem, we call them many times and they were keep transfer me second person and cut of (this happened 5 times) .Then spetember 2017 there was no service in both shops , i took video of listening music when we ring virgin media till mid of october, no respond to emails , so i stop direct debit for payment , then somebody called me for payment in November which still internet wasn't working.i have 3 video records holding 20 min each times trying to talk with customer service. so i told the girl cancel my both account she said i still have to pay for contract till end, i told them that they broke the contract, so she told me that she can see no service and she refund me 2 months september and october , then we had same connection problems on december again.
alexeye6
2/5/18
• Updated review
After two price increases in 2016, +5 euro in Jan 2018. I would expect the support of loyal customers, while here it is vice versa.
“Aggressive price politics”
4/10/16
• Previous review
"-":
1) Very aggressive price politics
2) Increasing price for previous/old packages (120Mb, e.g.) + making them unavailable for new customers (120Mb, 100Mb, 60Mb are not available now)
3) No packages with lower speed while 99% of users don't need the only 2 broadband pricey packages (240Mb & 360Mb)
E.g. user with standard WIfi or/and 100Mb Ethernet is unlikely able to use more than 100Mb (even technically).
I presume that a lot of users don't really notice/need more than 60Mb (exceptions - who downloads huge files)

[update on Nov-2016]
4) second notification about price increase this year: +5e in Jan'2016, and +2.5e in Nov,2016 => old title confirmed again => -1 star (3->2)

"+":
is really fast for those (maybe 1-5%) who really needs 240Mb and 360Mb
donr85
10/25/17
I was quite sceptical about media providers, having had very bad experiences with two major competitors. Virgin was my last resort, and they seemed almost helpful when I contacted them by phone.The 'Self' installation involved a few further calls, but each time I was speaking to someone in minutes, as opposed to circa 40 minutes. My last interaction has just finished, and it was a visit by their engineer Glen Geraghty. I understand that Glen is still under supervision, as his minder Mark called to see how he was getting on. Well, if Glen is representative of the people Virgin are recruiting, then there will only be one provider in a few years. He was so totally committed, explaining everything as he went along, and refusing to leave until he was fully satisfied that we were perfectly happy with everything. If Carlsberg did Media ............. Indeed!!!
mochog
8/21/17
• Updated review
Last time virgin media was horrible
now after calling and complaining on the phone the internet is actually good
Its kind of annoying that you have to complain to get a good service
“What happend this service?”
8/21/17
• Previous review
at night virgin media becomes horrible
at day its basically as bad
FIX THIS
what you should do is hire more workers or fire your previous workers who are doing the job badly because they are probably sleeping on the job
our internet speed is slow and for a famous guy I know who haves the same broadband he isn't even able to create content
he does this as a living
think about the people
shanaa11
7/1/17
Nightmare first day experience! Pre installation team hooked up fibre cables without consent while I was not in (How is that even right? suppose you cancel/ change your mind?) before installation date and wired the WRONG side of the house - tv wires clearly visible on other side of house if they had cared to do a proper examination of the property - rookie error!

On day of installation, was told cabling would have to be pinned around the house - said no as it would make the front of the property look ugly and that I would rather the cabling be repositioned before the install. Engineer called Manager and was told that cabling guys would come and sort it out that morning and I should go ahead with install (now 8:30am). Waited all day - didn't come and now I have an electrical trip hazard outside the house until MONDAY. Waited in all day, lost earnings, stressed and upset. Calling different depts. all day. Apart from Lorna at the end, customer service beyond justification.

Totally regret leaving and miss SKY :( mistake to leave - wish I would have just paid the extra fiver a month and saved myself the stress of giving Virgin a chance. Thinking of cancelling and asking SKY to take me back.

To Customer Relations Manager, Sean. D. (Sheffield): I hope not making that extra call to the install team was worth the negative reviews, poor ratings I've left on various review sites and your social media, the £45 credit I got and my likely cancellation and return to SKY. FYI: This is exactly the reason your customer service rating is SO poor. Get real Virgin.
jacksono5
5/29/17
Virgin Media Ireland took over UPC Ireland.
Service provided by UPC was reliable, stable.
Also Virgin Media increased the price, what a joke.
bennym24
2/28/17
12 years with UPC, 2 years with Virgin media( due to virgin's takeover of UPC ) and I have had so many problems in those 2 years compared to 1 with UPC. Virgin media are atrocious. Far to expensive for a very poor service. Spent almost 5 months trying to resolve a technical issue with them and in the end Virgin media just couldn't care less.
There was no desire on there part to resolve this issue and as far as a replacement box,no way was that going to happen. Apparently, ( and I quote ) " yes, some of our boxes have a few issues but just unplug everything and wait 2 minutes and it should be fine.

Every few days.....REALLY!!!
So I changed to Sky, what a difference!
Great customer service, everything working perfect and 864 a year cheaper for the same package. What a deal!
mc563
2/14/17
I closed my account in November 2016 as I was moving supplier. I noticed today that since that date, three direct debits have been taken from my account by Virgin. When I called them, I was told that the account had not been closed and they will not refund my money. Absolute disgrace.
danilom2
2/10/17
I have a contract with Virgin Media ireland for 2 years, I called several times to ask them why every time they increased the price.
I got the contract for 45 euro a month and now I have to pay 62.48 euro a month.
I told them i sight the contract for 45 and then 55 but all the time the increase the price without my approval.
the virgin media answer was we can raise prices without customer confirmation. I will report this issue to consumer law and to the local garda station.
shaneo7
2/6/17
I was going to sign up for Virgin mobile and decided to look up reviews of the service as I was mainly concerned with coverage. I'm glad I found these comments as it completely changed my mind.
niamhf3
1/12/17
They literally took 100 euro out of my account one day and just completely denied it. they insisted it wasnt them, kept hanging up on me, and when i finally sent them my bank details showing them the transaction and they just ignored me and kept hanging up, no one knew anything, no one could help me. I then cancelled my account and was told I would still have to pay another 50 euro bill which I paid. then a month later another 50 was taken from my account and they denied I had ever cancelled the account. ABSOLUTE COWBOYS.
mariuszt
12/18/16
I Hate Virgin Media,rude staff.I cancel my contract.Shame on you.
sabuj1
11/4/16
I will not recommend Virgin Media to anyone. I purchased a bundle of 30 euro per month broad band and 400 minutes international calls. I was told all I have to pay 30 euro for 4 months after that 60 euro per month for 12 months. I only Purchased this bundle. Very first bill was 60.30 euro second month 167. Euro. when i called them they said i used international calls for the first month. Now, still it shows 297.10. stay away from this company and their service.If u ever use strictly take extra caution.
mey187
10/27/16
1 star was the lowest I could give if there was a minus id give it absolute rubbish provider
They cut you off without warning even if you owe them 1.00 no warning just cut off.
No email contact nothing just cut you off then they want a 5.oo reconnect fee (gangsters)
Richard Brandson is a complete toss pot why UPC sold out to these corporate scum is beyond me.
UPC was a better run company their service was a million times better.
Virgin I am done with yous
billyk20
10/17/16
Warning STAY AWAY !!!!! Signed up for my daughter.. Was told unlimited data, calls and texts to any network on contract for 25 per month.. Constantly being overcharged for data.. Bills range from 97 to 150 euro per month.. Even though they advertise Unlimited date it up to a max of 30 GB per month.. Have checked the data usage on the phone and the max she used in any month was 14 GB .. The same month I got a bill saying she used 42 GB and a bill for 150 euro.. Customer service just keep fobbing me off .. It's all a con Stay away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marthal34
8/19/16
Where do i start, first customer service is very poor, it seems operators are answering from scripts same answers for different question.
and on top of that i could hardly understand them then asked how is the weather in ireland.
Then mis sold a price for 80 bit my bill was 98 then following mnth was 100 and thats on digital because i downgraded from horizon then charged 2 xtra multi viewing 3months in a row which i dont have i had a stressfull time with this co.
How i wish we can get our upc back.
I can go on on with this company
Arrived home only to find they disconnected me because of 50 balance with out a warning which upset my 5 yr old boys
1 wk now no telly and they hv refused to realise my line for me to connect to another company as iam still on contract but i refuse to pay their 200 euro fee
THIS VIRGIN MEDIA IS A RIPE OFF ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES AND FANCY HOLIDAYS

We've been with Virgin Media and UPC beforehand since 2008. The modem or the box has to be rebooted probably once a month. We're seriously looking at other options. We don't have fast internet because our cables limit the speed, regardless of what the provider is providing. Worth checking that too.

By Kaye E.

Questions? Get answers from the Virgin Media Ireland staff and other customers.

Virgin Media Ireland?