Review of UrthBox

Tel: +1 888-959-8277
info@urthbox.com

thet190
11/21/18

Most unethical company ever!!- It takes almost 2 months to get your order- A negative review was made on several review boards and when Urthbox found out, they sent a cease and desist letter to remove the comments. The two names from Urthbox were totally made up and the people didn't actually exist.- Urthbox bought stock from a company *Try the World) who went bankrupt. They bought it at a discount, and then sent it to their companies. The small family-owned producers were never paid for their stock and it affected their whole company. Some of the items that Urthbox sent out in their "monthly box" was expired.- Urthbox sent an email stating they had nothing to do with Try The Workd )the bankrupt company, yet they both have the same mailing address.DO NOT BUY FROM URTHBOX! THEY ARE UNSCRUPULOUS, UNETHICAL, AND LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!

daniellel126
10/3/18

This company is absolutely not worth your money. They do not ship your product until 1.5-2 months after you make the purchase.

I never received any tracking information for my package and had to constantly call/email customer service. It is hard to get through to customer service so you're forced to write an email. They refuse to call you and speak to you on the phone. This company is an absolute joke and I wish I could take back my purchase.

I purchased this as a gift for my father and was extremely disappointed that it took 2 months to arrive. My father forgot he was even getting a present.

This then auto-renewed on my credit card, which I had no idea was happening as that is not listed ANYWHERE on their website when you purchase this as a gift. I am beyond frustrated and will never purchase from them again.

cassandrar29
6/25/18

My son got me three months of urthbox for Christmas. After several attempts to register my son emailed the company and was told they were overwhelmed with orders and to just be patient.
We were finally able to register in February, but then did not received the first shipment until well into April. The shipment was lackluster to say the least. The snack selection was mediocre and most of the items tasted and looked like they had spent some time in a warehouse that was not climate controlled. I had to throw some of the chewier items away because I didn't want to risk breaking a tooth.
Unfortunately for me, there was a holiday special that provided an extra free box of snacks, but they didn't tack on an extra month. Instead they sent me two of the same mediocre heat tainted boxes with the exact same products in them. The following month brought different products, but of the same poor quality and just not very exciting or interesting. I could have gotten any of the products in a fresher state from any one of a hundred stores in my city.
Also, if you order this thinking the snacks are healthy you will be in for a rude awakening.Not especially healthy or even that tasty. My son tried to do something nice and different for me, but I feel bad that he wasted his money on such a poor experience and made sure he saw and sampled what I received.

ravishas
3/5/18

Extremely bad experience!
1) I started the subscription early August (August 8th) and the first box was received on 25th Sept --> after 1.5 months. That is way too long a waiting period
2) They automatically renew your subscription without any e-mail or any notification. This makes you feel that they are desperate for customers and will go to any means to extract money from them. Now a days, almost all subscription based companies send you an e-mail a couple of days before the renewal period to notify you or the least they do is drop you a note when they have renewed
3) The only positive thing was that they agreed to return my money when I disputed. However, they could not even see that through. After multiple attempts to send across a check to me (how difficult can that be, right?) , they failed (sent it to wrong address the first time and did not correctly process it the second time). Now they have told me that they can't do anything about it and I need to put it up for dispute with my financial institution... Pathetic!

Opt for other services out there. This is not worth it.

kirtiw
10/4/17

If I could put no stars I would.

1-I am now working with my credit card company to get the refund UrthBox claimed they would give me, I will be reporting their fraud to the Canadian Better business Bureau as well as the FDA in the United States. I have been waiting 2 months for my refund. No product. No refund.

2-Boxes arrive 1.5 months late. I assumed the boxes that arrived between the 16-22nd of each month were the box for that month and not the previous. This causes confusion when a person wants to cancel an automatic renewal. My "June" box arrived on July 22nd, my "July" box arrived on August 16th.

3-An automatic renewal for a 3 month subscription showed up on my credit card before I had received my second box of the first subscription. This happened because they send out the boxes late. I was not expecting the automatic renewal to happen so fast!

4- I called to stop the subscription renewal and was told that they were following their own automatic renewal policy of renewing if I hadn't canceled 30 days before the last box on August 1st for the September box. By then I had just received the second box and the third box hadn't even been shipped yet! Yet somehow they were able to charge me for boxes 4-6. Fine. My mistake for not noticing that the boxes arriving were a month and a half late.

5-I agreed to buy the first of the three boxes on the automatic renewal because this was their policy but I HAD TO READ THEM WORD FOR WORD THEIR OWN POLICY TWICE from their website before they would agree to refund me for the two months (boxes 5 and 6).

6-I received an email stating that I would see the refund on my credit card in the next 5 business days. No payment was received.

7-I contacted them again to let them know that I had not yet received the payment. Again they said that I would receive the payment with in 72hrs. The payment never came.

maryl321
10/2/17

I love ordering gift boxes for friends and family and have had very good experiences with Brotein Box and Allure Beauty Box to name a few. However, I ordered a Bestowed (now called UrthBox) 3-month gift box as a gift for a friend. Ordered in July and the first box was due to come in August. Had no idea if or when the gift was received because they do not send tracking. Upon contacting them (virtually impossible to reach by phone - they suggest emailing them and it takes 24-48 hours to respond!) they informed me I would need to contact them every month to get tracking. August box was finally received the end of the month. In September, I reached out to again request the tracking info. When they finally sent it - it was tracking info for August! I emailed several times last week and have heard NOTHING. In the meantime, as of October 1 they have conveniently charged me for ANOTHER 3 month subscription! Really?!?!?! I don't even know if my friend has received the SECOND box, much less when he will receive the THIRD one - and they are charging me for ANOTHER 3 months? Tried to call this morning, but can't get a live person. If you leave a message, you are told they will call you back within 24-48 hours. I've now left messages and sent multiple emails and am waiting to hear back. Also calling my bank to report the charges and have them removed. Don't waste your money on this one! A reputable company would have customer service available to respond in a timely fashion.

aliciap41
7/24/17

It's been a week almost two and still no box. This site is a waste of time and the customer service is terrible.

stuarts39
6/8/17

Received a gift certificate for the site and used.

Low and behold - just was charged for another six months and company will not cancel until another six months of delivery occurs. Company rep says it is their policy.

Feel deceived and disappointed as I do not want product being shipped.

Questions? Get answers from the UrthBox staff and other customers.

UrthBox?