UKOfficialServices.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0121 247 4304
info@ukofficialservices.co.uk

darrenu6
10/7/19

Wish I'd read the reviews on here and Trustpilot before purchasing. Order a copy Decree Absolut from them thinking it was an official government site. Had to reorder from the courts at the cost of £10 as opposed to the £95 these scammers charge, they then don't deliver. Can't even track the order through their site. Thankfully ordered through Paypal and raised a dispute.

hywelr
7/10/19

Made the mistake of going to these people as a google search brought them up and they looked legitimate for a copy of birth certificate for my son. Granted the government don't make it easy to find out how to get a replacement certificate but when you do find it then you find that 1) it is less than 60% of the cost of going through these fraudsters and 2) much quicker. Having found that my local registry could issue them cheaper to me I contacted UK Official Services to cancel my order only to be told that it was "in the system" and couldn't be refunded. I checked their website to track the order which said that nothing had happened to date so queried the legality of their refusing to refund the contributions. To add insult to injury the local registry office delivered my copy of the certificate today and I only ordered it yesterday. Not only are UK Official Services a rip off they are also clearly inept.

tamirz1
7/7/19

I never thought it could be possible to order a replacement birth certificate online. But I tried this website, and it was successful. The certificate delivered on the promised date. Thanks guys.

philj78
6/25/19

Ordered apostilled birth certificate for visa application 3 months ago. Still not arrived. Of course the apostille will no longer be valid should it ever arrive.

Last week I ordered birth certificate through the UK Govt's official channel (www.gro.gov.uk) and sent to be apostilled through official legalisation service (https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised). within under a week had the apostilled version in my hand, on the other side of the world.

Do NOT use this sham of a company. They are, quite simply, thieves.

torig23
5/14/19

I ordered a marriage certificate in mid-April from this website and did not immediately receive an email confirmation, which got me worried. I then searched for the company online and became concerned that I had been the victim of a scam. I decided to wait it out and see what happened.

I eventually received an email confirmation later that day and I was able to use the the order number to check on the progress over the next few weeks. The first week in May it updated to say it had been dispatched and I received the certificates recorded delivery a few days later. Overall I was happy with the service.

My advice if you need replacement certificates:
- If you've got full details, order the replacement certificate directly from the local register office where it was originally issued (cheapest option, usually available online or by phone)
- If you have most but not full details (e.g. don't know where the marriage took place but know who and when), pay the extra £3 for the GRO search (gro.gov.uk)
- If you are missing more significant details (in my case, I knew the marriage year but not the date or location), cough up more for a service like UK Official Records, and be patient in waiting for them to arrive (mine actually arrived before a GRO order placed at the same time)

valf16
4/13/19

I ordered a replacement birth certificate and gave my bank details to pay.
No certificate has arrived, nearly a month later.
What is so worrying is that having paid the initial fee, I have now been charged 3 times.
The first time, I emailed to complain.
There was no reply. I advise anyone who needs this service to go to the government site.
In no account give your details to this company.

jayl249
3/26/19

I am embarrassed to have been taken in by these people. You will be charged a "Search fee" even if they cannot locate the document you have requested. I only found this out after waiting a month. No receipt was sent to my email. There was no indication of what the hold up was, I had to call. So now I've canceled. I am primarily angry at myself, but also angry that this business has been allowed to operate for so many years.

lolac15
1/23/19

Found this site through google as they obviously pay to be one of the top results. It wasn't until after I placed my order that I scrolled through other options and realised this was a scam site listed by thr government as one that is overpriced and may not deliver on time or at all. They should be taken to court as they are not delivering the service which was promised when taking money from people. Also don't be fooled by the positive reviews- they are quite clearly fake.

rw306
1/8/19

Birth certificate was needed in a hurry and I (stupidly) didn't check I'd got the official site... however, the certificate arrived as promised.

wayw2
11/15/18

Service was timely but they have issued me a document that i can't use. They issued a birth certificate still containing the errors which were made on the day of registration. The birth certificate has since been amended with correct spellings but they took the old version and gave me that. I paid £100 for an expedited birth certificate with apostille that I cannot use and they tell me that their job is done. Why would they not request the most up to date corrected version? - an amateur outfit - I would steer well clear.

brianm700
11/14/18

Complete daylight robbery, do not but buy, they say on website dispatched after 8 working days but as told by the complete utter rude person in Emma Wilson that what it says can be dispatched after 8 working days but that means can be anytime after the 8 days and certainly not on the 8th day, they are not governed by anybody at all and just dupe people, I will be writing to my mp and the home office about this as it clearly is disgrace how they are allowed to operate.

susanl413
10/15/18

Been awaiting an adoption certificate from these guys for a few weeks to get delivered to Australia. Called and got through to Emma on second try who said it was dispatched 2 weeks ago but we'd chosen mail option for surface mail which could take up to 12 weeks. Our mistake. She emailed the certificate straight away to me. Delighted with this service. Would totally recommend but make sure you are aware of postage times outwith the company's control.

shauneenm
8/29/18

As the others reviews have stated steer clear from these scanners. I have paid for an express service. They said it was posted on one date, I check royal mail tracking and it was posted days later. Second passport appointment I have now cancelled. I thought this was an official site but do not be fooled by the name. I tried to cancel minutes after my order was placed as they are a rip off but they would only refund 1/2. Do not waste your time or money using this site. The other reviews are accurate as to the experience I have received. Disgraceful that they are still allowed to operate. I will be reporting this company. Do not use them!!

elainep66
7/29/18

Ordered document and multiple payments were taken. Have not received document, 10 weeks and counting, and have not received any refunds. Numerous emails sent, to which they state that a representative from customer services will reply within 48 hours....still waiting. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS COMPANY. Total SCAM

emmas156
7/24/18

Never delivered the certificate, refuse to give me a refund. This was through ukofficialrecords website, which is one of about five or six similar websites that the same guy owns/runs. Any complaints are met with copy/pasted emails with my name written in (in a different font). If you don't order the overpriced recorded delivery option you will not get what you ordered. This is a massive scam, you should use the official GRO website which is also cheaper. Don't fall for this.

wenp3
7/13/18

Never received anything from them, paid so much for such a little request. Found another company for the same job, they did in 2 days.
Don't use them!

nathanr83
5/29/18

I ordered a copy of my full birth certificate, it said it would take 8 business days. After I ordered, I googled them and saw a lot of bad reviews, and got worried, but I shouldn't have been. I used their online order tracking to monitor my order, after around 6 business days it was "in the print que", then 2 days later (on a saturday) it had been posted, and arrived on Monday. Very happy, it's cheaper to do it yourself on the UK gov website, but there's not a great difference in price, and they do deliver. Happy customer.

ladonnav2
11/21/17

Never received my birth certificate. Scam.Horrible business practices. Going to seek legal action. Paid top dollar for birth certificate . Fraud. Severely disappointed in there business practices. Tried everything to resolve no help. Rude,scam,wrong,very bad business. Will not here the last of me . Hate to make on line accountable so hard to do.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

markl284
11/16/17

Ordered a copy of a birth certificate and paid £17.00 extra for what I was lead to believe next day service (3 weeks later 2 phone calls and still nothing), My 87-year-old mother who could ill afford to waste money but was desperate for a copy of her birth certificate so believing their company was a legitimate service we used them. How wrong could I have been should have used HM instead absolutely disgusting service avoid the people at all cost. they take your money and do not deliver!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE AVOID AT ALL COSTS Use the official HM website cheaper and more efficient

penniec3
10/19/17

I used this site because I BELIEVED it was a government services,I needed an urgent birth certificate. It was late being delivered, I paid over and above what I needed to. When I said I would collect it I was fobbed off with it needed to go to LONDON for an apostillate. RUBBISH. Because of them we nearly had to cancel our flight, it arrived on the last day, even though I paid for urgent turnaround - over £150. MISLEADING .

carlosr77
8/6/17

Needed an urgent divorce certificate for my future finance and UK Official Services were great with there impeccable timing when speaking with the manager and fast service. Will always to choose business with them agian

dianak30
2/28/17

Hello I called you to give you the email *****@seznam.cz regarding the birth certificates that you sent me into the Czech Republic give me details and account, and how much should I pay for postage thank kanalosova my number is *******844

jaie1
9/21/15

What a con. They pretend to be an official governement service which you can clearyl see they are not from their URL. I was inquiring about a copy of my birth certificate as I am currently overseas. Oh yeah all very helpful at first but they took far too long and their charge is three times over what you can get a copy of your birth certificate for directly from the GRO. Stay away these people are bad news and not genuine at all

jonnys6
6/7/14

UK Official services do state that they are not the GRO (Section 9) but offer a service of 'Official' UK Documents. It should be obvious that they are not a government organization. from their URL (NOT .gov or .org but .co.uk!) .
When I ordered notarised/apostilled documents from them (2 years ago) they delivered ON TIME and ALL my documents were fine and as agreed.
This is a useful service to those who do not have a UK postage address or those who want to reduce postage costs by having all their documents delivered to them wherever they reside in the world. Useful for digital nomads, travellers etc who need these documents.
Anyone complaining that they 'deliberately mislead' must be very uneducated or computer illiterate, in which case they'd be better off WITH UKOS since they handle all the admin / postage for them, which can be a headache and expensive.
The additional cost I think is moderately overpriced but the amount of headache and hassle it saves you is a godsend if you are not in the UK or do not have a UK Address.
The name UKOfficialServices is a good one, I think, because foreign officials like the words 'Official' and 'Services'. Don't ask me why, they just do. After all it they do provide Official Documents as a 'Service' and are based in the UK. This is legitimate practice and all my documents are legitimate and I got what I pad for AS AGREED and they delivered, even though it is moderately overpriced, it SAVES HASSLE!

pamelah9
11/3/13

ukofficialservices.co.uk has ripped me off royally. I requested a copy of a divorce decree for my sister so that she can get her passport. I ordered the decree on line in September 2013 they said it takes about 20 days. I called my sister to see is she had received it and she had not. I contacted their office in late October and was told they could not find the divorce records. I gave them all the information including my sister's husband correct last name and his name prior to adoption, they searched under his name prior to adoption instead of his adopted name and said they cannot do another search. This was their mistake and now I am out 99 pounds and if I had not contacted them I would never have known anything as they do not have the common decency to let you know their findings. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Questions? Get answers from the UKOfficialServices.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for UKOfficialServices.co.uk