Review of Udemy

Tel: +1-916-445-1254
2018 Customer choice award

maxl44
4/9/19

There is plenty of courses, and options, sometimes you can found good stuff
and easy. But one think dont like is that as they are not certified.

Still good.

larsh27
12/19/18

I have enrolled in Udemy's "User Experience Design Fundamentals" course. I thought that Joe Natoli did a good job of teaching how to design web sites and mobile apps that users love and will return to again. I have some experience in this field, so for me the course appeared a bit superficial. I wish the course had a bit more depth and advanced content.

aseemm2
11/22/18

Very good website, lots of courses to choose from, some are even free so you can find something even without spending money which is really good when looking for new job.

tiwarip
9/29/18

Material was reall good especially java script examples are very useful. Videos are recorded but all are limited time and creates interest to learn more.

keithe58
7/12/18

I have completed over a dozen courses from economics to software development. They have all been very good; some have been exceptional. I have about 20 more waiting for me.

tomasg30
6/24/18

Udemy provides an assortment of courses at a reasonable price. So far, the classes that I have used have been good quality and helpful. However, I have also purchased some courses that I eventually failed to complete because they really didn't match my needs compared to the description

sallya43
5/11/18

I took a couple of courses from Udemy and liked them--it's much like Amazon in that people are allowed to load their courses up and Udemy doesn't censor them or vouch for them. Just as you might get a bad self-published book on Amazon, you may get bad courses on Udemy.

The good thing is that if you get a bad course you are able to get your money back. 100% back. No questions asked. So there's no risk in signing up for courses.

I liked the model so much--I'm all for letting people sell what they want and letting the market dictate how long they stay in business--that I made some courses and put them on Udemy.

Both buying and selling on Udemy have been great experiences for me. I've learned a ton and I've made a decent amount of money. I'm totally pleased and have told all my friends and family that they should be buying and selling on Udemy. It's a great marketplace and the staff are wonderful. Really first class.

I'm a literary agent and my job is to make my authors money. I can tell you this: Udemy pays course creators more than publishers pay authors. It's a wonderful deal.

sharonz6
2/10/18

You do get what you pay for. However, I love the selection of courses and I would not be able to afford all that I purchased here anywhere else. I took a great intro yoga course and on my way to learn Excel and improve my Microsoft Office skills. We will see how my hip hop class is. Some complain about the course quality, but really when you pay $10 - $15 they aren't going to be stellar or the best around. But for budget courses, I think you get what you should expect. Happy Learning all.

mikec330
7/28/17

Udemy makes it easy for you to find the education you want, at a price you can afford. As a software programmer it is important for me to stay up to date on new updates to the languages I use, and Udemy has a large catalog of courses to help me. I've even picked up some new languages because the courses of fun and easy to use. Udemy itself is smartly constructed to give you access to your courses and course material easily. I highly recomment Udemy.

courtneyn8
6/30/17

Udemy has a good iOS ap which allows me to use it anywhere, even at the gym. Some courses are great and totally worth the time. Others not so: unlike Coursera, anyone can become a Udemy instructor and sometimes courses are not so good as you expect. I took a drawing course from them, and some parts of it weren't that good because the instructor didn't take the time to explain some essentials. Yet, I think anyone can find something to their liking at Udemy, and their prices are irresistible.

joyeetab
5/2/17

Recently, I started to do SEO on my own website.But I need to learn it from an online course as because I don't have time to take a course from an institution. So I choose a course from peter kent.
I think this is the best SEO course from Udemy and recently they are having an offer.I want to share a coupon discount which will get you 190$ discount which means $200 dollar course just in $10 here is the coupon code: TENDOLLAR
use this and get 190$ discount

loryt
4/15/17

First courses I got here were related to design. They turned out to be helful without doubts and use many tricks when designing anything (for my personal purposes only). The next course I'd love to take is excel and word. They are the simple progs used daily, but there are so many secrets to be learned and remembered.

Besides< as I can see there are discounts on the website right now. Great!

goodd2
2/4/17

i am personally a huge fan of udemy course, it's highly recommended for you guys who want to learn anything because udemy offers variety of courses there. i love it.

nicholek1
12/27/16

I only had awesome experience with Udemy. They have frequent sales and a good selection of material!

pnr2
3/23/16

naymag
1/2/16

If I'm not mistaken, I ended up at Udemy via Social Stack, and to SS via Boing Boing (?). I've bought some courses that were good and some of them so complete that I haven't had the time to finish them. It's great that you can check them out at your pace. The courses offer interaction between the students and the instructors. The store is easy to navigate and secure. No problems at all, but I've also taken free courses that were a waste of time. I'd go for the best rated ones, unless you have plenty of free time ;)

Tip for consumers: Subscribe to Boing Boing / Social Stack / Udemy newsletters for promo coupons.

danielj56
12/21/15

Udemy is working really good for me. I bought Unity3D and few other IT oriented courses and am really happy with them. Sadly, Udemy android app isn't all that great because of their video player. As for normal website - it's cool-looking and works pretty good.

Tip for consumers: You should always read reviews of a course before buying it. Also, Udemy asks for a review after you've watched few lessons so remember to do it and help others!

nicolap7
10/8/15

As a training company, we have been treated atrociously by Udemy. Having uploaded a single pilot course, we have been seemingly underpaid and the course has been sold way below the agreed fee (without consultation from Udemy). We have contacted Udemy to try and resolve the issue but have not even received acknowledgement of the issue. For trainers thinking of using Udemy - think very carefully before committing to anything. The link below gives another reason as to why you should at least express caution when doing so http://osherove.com/blog/2014/5/7/why-i-stopped-selling-courses-on-udemy.html . I really regret having ventured into any kind of venture with them.

colins34
10/7/14

Udemy is as good a site as most instructors are likely to find. Although the ease of use and course offerings is JUST shy of our number one pick.

barneyl
7/16/14

I have used udemy for awhile now and they have a good variety of courses on photoshop and I used it for some camera tutorials. Because of the variability of the quality of the instructor, it is hit or miss. Some are excellent and professional and others appears as if a kid from college is looking to make an extra buck. Worth a shot but I wouldn't soley rely on udemy for all of your tutorial needs.

michaels182
4/19/14

This site is the place you want to go to learn about almost any subject. Udemy's vast course selection covers areas from Art, Technology, Health and Fitness and much more Udemy has what you need. Udemy is not completely free some courses you do have to pay for but there are still plenty of free courses to choose from. Also the payed courses are still relatively cheap and is a good trade off in regards to how much you can learn. Each course also has a discussion panel in which people taking the same course can communicate. With this kind of variety Udemy is really a good resource for people in all trades.

jamesl77
2/3/14

I have great experience with this site so far. The materials are accurate and up to date. Great thought!

49 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would not recommend taking the beginner computer coarses if you have absolutly no computer experience. Even the essential skills for word is difficult without prior knowledge. They are too fast and go too in-depth for beginner stage. Not good...

By Robert R.

Questions? Get answers from the Udemy staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Udemy