Review of TutorHunt

Tel: 0203 151 0012
support@tutorhunt.com

milliej4
9/4/18

I had a very bad experience with TutorHunt.

A student purchased my contact details and we spent three hours discussing the pricing and duration (due to the huge workload and urgency, which I had to cancel my other appointments on the day), then we finally made a decision.

Student did not show up, been waiting for an hour at the agreed time and location. Wanted to demand a small deposit before the meeting but this violates the TutorHunt's terms and condition, so I didn't do it. The student left a very untrue and negative feedback on my profile, which was permitted by TutorHunt. Saying I misled him into buying my contact and tried to scam him for more. This is ridiculous, not only did I make no profit from the student. I even had to cancel my other appointments for him. I lost time and money, as well as my reputation for something that was completely untrue.

Unfortunately, TutorHunt did not look into the case even though I have filed three reports regarding to this matter.

Don't use TutorHunt! Protect yourself and go work for a legit tutorial centre.

bobsterd
3/14/18

no replies yet for over a month and if I understand well you expect me to pay for details when(if) some of the tutors decides to reply? what am I paying for? inter-mediation of a incredible long and painful process?

rajendranm2
1/22/18

Hi ,

I 've purchased the contact details of a tutor through tutorhunt . After the successful payment I was not given contact details . I am still following up with tutorhunt . Not happy with the response ( nothing ) I received so far ..

simons109
12/10/17

They made the job very easy to find a tutor for my son, I wish I had found this site before. I would recommend it.

sallyf35
12/7/17

Site was easy to use. Plenty of tutors ranging a broad range of prices. Found the best tutor on this site. Definitely would recommend

zarinag1
12/5/17

I have got two great tutors from tutor hunt and having a number of tutors to choose from was absolutely great - I was frantic trying to look for tutors but tutor hunt made it so simple & comforting to know that security checks had been done - thank you

carll48
11/30/17

Tutor Hunt is great, we've used it for over 3 years now and have found 4 great tutors during this time. You need to communicate with the tutors yourself initially but it's worth the effect as you continue to deal directly with the tutor once you employ them. Really decent service and would recommend.

maryp233
11/30/17

Service was perfect for us and we were able to find a great tutor for our daughter. I would highly recommend this service for anyone.

daisya11
9/11/17

The web site seemed to be well thought out and managed. April was an excellent tutor, and we would recommend her.

neilf33
9/3/17

We were in need of an alevel chemistry teacher for my daughter. Tutorhunt put us in touch with Laura who was just excellent, and really helped her through her first year. Thank You!

lillyj8
9/3/17

We found Tutor Hunt to be the most effective site for finding a tutor by far. Their collection of tutors is huge. I have recommended the site to many other parents.

davem234
9/1/17

Tutor Hunt was a great resource for tutors when we searched around 9 months ago to improve my sons maths. His GCSEs went well and we're very happy with the results he acheived. TutorHunt supplied us a great tutor.

jimc233
8/29/17

I think Tutor Hunt offered us a great service for me and my daughter who was looking for a GCSE English tutor. Her exams all went very well so thank you.

joec224
8/29/17

Tutor Hunt worked out well for us, they have a very large collection of tutors and their system is effective and easy to use.

debbiej48
8/28/17

The site was simple to use and would defintely start the process again if I ever am in need of a tutor in the future again.

janeh93
8/28/17

I was seeking a music tutor in my local area. The whole site is easy to us and well thought out. It was easy to serach and contact tutors in my area. Thank You!

sarahl240
8/27/17

Neil for such a fabulous tutor, highly patient and a deep knowledge of the Maths A level Syllabus.
There seemed like there were many other great tutors there too.

louisej33
8/25/17

Becky is a great teacher. Our daughter Elisa had made such amazing progress since having lessons with Becky.

I can't recommend Becky enough!

jenp47
8/25/17

Excellent we found a tutor who was extremely qualified and suitable for our son. Thank you for the great service

darreng37
8/22/17

Students just wont buy contact details even though they are desperate for a tutor, makes the process worse for everyone.

saml139
7/13/17

I'm tutor on tutor hunt. From my experience with them, I can say that many students who contacted me via TH mailing system did not continue with buying my contact details.
That is, Students don't buy tutors details due to the high buying fees. It would be beneficial for all parties if the fees go down.

leannej6
6/29/17

Didn't seem to care care when a student cancelled last minute....I wasn't impressed with the way they handled it, took down my profile now!

patr4143
5/1/17

I have found 2 tutors on Tutorhunt and have been happy with both. I find it best to make a detailed enquiry with potential tutor and if they are what I am looking for I purchase details. In this way I can find out if they have specific exam board experience for instance. All tutors have replied promptly to me over the past 3 years so I am happy to continue using them. It seems people here are buying details without checking availability.

jamesn126
3/29/17

I've found Tutorhunt to be brilliant.
I dont really understand other peoples issues...You're reviewing the tutor here, not the service of Tutorhunt getting you the tutor.

Tutorhunt is used to FIND a tutor, they dont specifically supply them. Its upto you to look through their utors, pick one with a good review (And first lesson free to counteract the cost of buying their details) and then off you go.

If you had a bad tutor, then its the tutors fault, not tutorhunt.

Pro tip, pick only qualified teachers to get a better chance of a good tutor. They have reviews with their profiles also :)
I had an amazing experience

anns125
3/8/17

I would recommend this site to anyone looking for a tutor, they had lots listed and its very easy to use.

Questions? Get answers from the TutorHunt staff and other customers.

TutorHunt?