Review of TrustedPros.ca

Tel: 1-855-890-PROS (7767)
support@trustedpros.ca

thomasc191
9/2/19
• Updated review

I HAVE SPOKEN TO A FEW VERY GOOD LAWYERS ABOUT THIS SITE AND IT'S IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST TO HAVE THIS SITE LOOKED INTO BY THE POLICE & EVERY CONTRACTOR WHO'S BEEN ON THIS SITE WE NEED TO FIGHT BACK AND TAKE THIS OWNER TO COURT ..... JUST CAUSE ITS ON PAPER SAYING WE CAN'T DOES'ST MEAN THERE'S LAWS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN BROKEN. ........ I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A VERY BIG CHARTER OF RIGHTS VIOLATION HERE AS EVEN AFTER PROVING A POSITIVE REVIEW IT'S NOT PUT ON MY PROFILE AS IT'S FLAGGED SUSPICIOUS AND INVOICES WERE SENT TO PROVE IT. BUT A BAD REVIEW I PROVE WAS PUT ON BY A MINOR AND WAS THE MOST DEFAMATORY REVIEW IVE EVER SEEN , THE SITE DENIED NE TO HAVE IT REMOVED......WHICH HELPED END MY COMPANY

CLASS ACTION SUIT ANYONE ?????????????

“Business Owners Be Aware”
10/7/17

in the last week
This is of my personal opinion and with no malicious intentions. I'm expressing my personal interactions and experiences with the site and feelings with the Review Policy.

I don't like this site at all.. No matter how much proof you have regarding a malicious untrue review it was not easy to have Trusted Pros honor their own policy. I find that even after you have proven it and the review is removed the site lowers your trust score. . Even better if you ask for a faulty, Illegal review to be removed trusted pros tells the public the reason (civil litigation) then they say even worse comments about you suing and hiding the review. .. oh so let something that will 100% cause a loss of possible new customers but lose and active one like I did when they read it a few days after starting

VERY FOCUSED ON A CUSTOMER POSTING WHATEVER THEN THE ACTUAL TRUTH AND LOWER THE TRUST OF THE ACTUAL PERSON BEING HONEST.....
BE CAREFU WHEN USING THIS SITE. IT MIGHT COST YOU YOUR BUSINESS

Tip for consumers: Be wise don't put your business anyplace where your trust level goes down if you request a Defamation comment review to be removed

“Bad SITE FOR HONEST BUSINESS”
10/1/17
• Previous review

If you prove that a review is not truthful or is not even a customer the staff argue and leave the review which will damage your reputation. .. I'm sueing trusted pros

ganeshant
5/30/19

They received $21,000.00 and left the job with no job complete. They seem to do this to many other customers out there. They are a scam. I am waiting for TrustedPros's response since April after sending all pictures of work done and documents signed. I am holding TrustedPros responsible as they recommend

to78
5/14/19

Our company had a bad review from a client that was not paying for their services. Long story short, they were not paying for their extras that they had asked for. We need a site that reviews homeowners or clients, as over the years we have come across several that should be reviewed to let contractors steer clear of them.
This review is being written because for a review to be removed, you must negotiate with a home owner that has possibly already had their work done and has made new plans or has already spent the money you are owed.
Good luck with that.
So even if the review is inaccurate, you are stuck with it, and for that reason all these sites are useless.

samp179
4/20/19

Prompt and reliable service, needed a window air conditioner installed. Paul came to do the installation, very polite and professional, did the job and I am satisfied with the service.

dillonr11
4/11/19

If your looking for a construction, reno or landscape contractor do some research and hire some one local who has been around for a while. Dont just trust the random companies who pay there job pimps. This company posts $#*!ty score ratings for contractors and then black mails you every month to pay an outrageous amount of money with no guarantee of actually getting you clients! There is no need for an ontario company to make a profit off local contracts. Find better ways to advertise and if your looking for a good contractor do some research your self. See their work, check there references and most of all make sure you like them and will enjoy them working on your house!

veronicam151
4/10/19

They never posted my negative review. They argued I didn't have anything in writing. How could I? The contractor left with my money mid job.
I did have texts but that was not good for them.
Find a contractor somewhere else.

igorp41
3/18/19

They removed the negative review I left for Phenom Construction Inc. Stay away from the listing of pros they host, it does not reflect the actual companies' rates.

laural362
12/22/18

When I tried to get my account deleted I found this company very difficult to deal with. Try and phone them ... just try. No one ever answers the phone and it just goes to an answering machine.
They would not help me remove my account since I could not remember my password. I offered to present them with my business records, drivers licence, passport, all showing my name and address tried to the account. They refused to remove my account. "Idiots!"

clivem23
12/14/18

We had a Hack Knowing it now that did our shower tile work, and this Hack from SG Design and renovation i am assuming pays membership fees to trusted pros. The workman ship is something not even reputable contractors have ever seen. So SCOTT GORRIE KEEP FOOLING THE MASSES YOU KNOW HOW TO DO TILE WORK, ONE THING FOR SURE SILICONING TILES TO A SHOWER FLOOR ARE NOT SUCH AGOOD IDEA. BLOODY HACK... PAYING MEMBERSHIP FEES TO TRUSTED PROS I GUESS THEY PROTECT THESE CONTRACTORS.... UNREAL....I QOULD LEAVE ZERO STARS IF I COULD... THE PICTURE IS OF SHOWER TILES SILICONED DOWN!!! THIS PIC TRUSTED PROS DID NOT POST WHICH TELLS ME THEY PROTECT THESE HACK CONTRACTORS THE PIC OF THE FINNISHED SHOWER WAS A REPUTABLE COMPANY THAT COMPLETED IT TO A HIGH STANDARD

andyl141
11/21/18
• Updated review

Anyone filing a class action lawsuit, let me know. I would love to be part of it. This company has now crossed the line from simply unethical activity to pure illegal / criminal activities.

“TrustedPros.ca - Director Mr. Max Sheppard - is an unethical and criminal minded company”
11/6/18
• Previous review

TrustedPros.ca headed by Mr. Max Sheppard is an unethical and criminal minded company. Their rating, listing and review processes are tantamount to recklessness, defamation and borders on unethical and criminal bullying. Stay away from this company.

whyn4
11/2/18

This is a highly unethical company - bordering in criminality. They way they even interact with their client at times feel like some juvenile teenagers are probably running this place, who has no understanding about law or ethics yet. A class action is the only solution against this company to shut it down.

paulw522
10/22/18

This company is the biggest internet scam out there. They use a complex and bias rating system that makes it impossible to get more than 3 stars unless you pay them for the 4 or 5 star reviews. They ignore any legitimate concerns and complaints from contractors. After complaining to them about their services and the fact that positive reviews written by my customers were not being posted to their site they requested ore money and updated information. In three years they have forwarded a total of 1 lead. Today they sent the 2nd lead that was actually a phishing scam requesting we log into an unsecured site. To log in we were asked to provide banking and email passwords.

dawnm261
9/27/18

I've requested our account to be deleted and it's been declined. Saying we're public knowledge now, Trusted pros has not gained us any business. They've recently wanted us to update our information and will deduct points if we don't. It's a scam to keep their site busy - either you do as your told or your livelihood/business is haunted and misinformed to the public because we don't do as we're told. No thank you, the way I've been disrespected I have no desire to give this company anything.

franks379
9/1/18

Been part of bbb for over 20 yrs and this company lacks all respect ethics in any form. They allow false reviews to be posted at free will. This is not a company to bass good quality work or businesses. Use the bbb .

jesseg77
6/15/18

Class action lawsuit. Trusted pros allows customers to slander and write malicious reviews about Businesses while not allowing the businesses to reply or defend themselves.

gonzalop10
5/3/18

I wish i have never met them. my house renovation went from 20.000 to 85.000 !!! the contractors on this sites are completely new they can easily lie about their years in bussines . worst experience worst!!!

darrens76
4/5/18

This company does Not care about checking the validity of bad reviews they will print whatever the clients says. I had a negative review and had all the proof the client was NOT telling the truth sent them all the details. They did nothing I had to get the client to remove his negative comment. They are very quick to print negative comments but it takes forever to get your positive reviews posted. This would be a great site if the the company screened the reviews of clients and asked for proof not just allowing people to review and say whatever they want. I lost 2 jobs because of all this and they do not care!

debb2251
2/10/18

I originally signed up for a free account with this website when the site was Handy Canadian and under the statistics, my account said I had over 40 leads, but it wasn't clickable and under their general information it said that replying to messages and leads required a premium account. So when I signed up for the premium account, those 40 leads were no where to be found.

I also discovered that service categories were missing. As a painting contractor the only category available was for residential interiors. There were no painting categories for new construction or commercial.

Since 2014, I received three emails but could not reply as they are also behind a paywall. Two were actually prior clients and I recognized the names. The third was a b2b solicitation. Just like other advertisers I assume that with a premium account you will get full contact.

I sent emails to info@trustedpros.ca asking where the leads were and to report the missing categories.

After the first month I didn't update the credit card and I received an email stating the account was moved back to free.

I was not impressed with the lack of communication other than threats of sending my account to collection, and I also filled out the form with the same information I am providing here and again, no response.

I paid for one month premium and technically got one month premium but the leads claimed where not there and the missing categories where a significant bug when leads are based on the services you provide. There are also other bugs on the website. A leads search should not be bringing up plumbing and roofing.

I am actually disappointed in myself that I didn't research the website more as I would never have been in the situation I find myself in, where TrustedPros has put a supplier complaint against my listing for non-payment. There is a reply button next to the complaint, but I can't actually respond.

I have never experienced anything like this from a website that has been around for so many years. Its seems though that Mr. Max Sheppard prefers to hide behind a terms of use agreement and use bully tactics to get a contractor to pay up rather that provide the service his company claims.

Screen shots have been provided as a record.

Tip for consumers: Research Trusted Pros and Mr. Max Sheppard before you signup as a contractor.

simarc
2/8/18

Im very pleased to give Trustedpros 5 star rating. I think it's a great site to find contractors. Earlier, this year I posted a job regarding my unfinished basement. I've received a lot of excellent responses and got new ideas from contractors regarding the best use of the space.
I was able to screen the contractors from the reviews and pictures of their work posted on the site which turned out really helpful. I think this company is a great platform connecting contractors with homeowners. Will be recommending to friends and family.

carolp132
2/6/18

I reviewed a business that did an amazing job, but they ask you to confirm and week later I need to share my personal information. What is it in for me to do so much work for one little review. I wish I could give them -5 !!

christianp42
12/11/17

I have been a member of Trusted Pros since 2013, and it has proven to be an invaluable tool to help promote and develop my business.
The exposure received by far exceeds any other means of promotion that I have tried, to the point where Trusted Pros has become my sole method of advertising.
The business I derive from it, along with client referrals have enabled me to expand and develop my business by 100%.

I am now in the fortunate position of being able to be very selective of the contracts I take on. This allows me to do the best work possible and to offer excellent service to my customers. Happy customers are eager to leave great reviews on my page, which in turn, garners me more business.
The review system is reliable and verified and gives homeowners the tools they need to make the right choice when selecting a contractor.

Trusted Pros has demonstrated to me on a few occasions that they are a dedicated and objective team, which takes to heart the interest of both contractor and homeowner.
Being associated with a company which operates with such integrity, transparency and faireness provides me with a sense of pride.

As a member of Trusted Pros, I couldn't be happier and I highly recommend them to contractors and homeowners alike.

Christian Peters
PETERS DEVELOPMENT

craigw77
12/7/17

The site allows the trade to come to you. You are able to look at their reviews and see their ratings to help you make a decision.

This does not mean that you do not need to do your due diligence, but it provides a great starting point.

I posted a project and had a significant number of replies. To be honest, a number of them did not pan out. Some are not as professional as their profile would indicate, but that is why you follow up by asking for references and going out to take a look at past work.

I personally will continue to use Trusted Pros as the basis for my search when I need construction services.

samuels81
11/30/17

I hired 3 different contractors through TrustedPros and have had success with all of them. One project was over $30,000. I had to call in to customer support at one point, regarding my password, and the young lady that answered was very friendly and helpful. I am more than happy to recommend this business to other homeowners like myself.

stuartm69
10/16/17

We have used Trusted Pros (prev. Handy Canadian) for many years now and have always found their service spot on.
Unlike other websites, their review verification is great and we personally believe, thorough.
Our company has grown since we starting using this site and we would have no hesitation in recommending.

michaela484
10/12/17

I had a customer claim I was at fault for problems with her railing system on her deck, court determined she was negligent, did not remove the snow. Even though I have asked the review be removed several times they will not unless I sue the customer for slander. These guys do need research on posters before they allow people to slander.

Update Finally the review was removed after the court order was submitted, but it still does not rectify the fact trusted pros allows slander to be posted without doing any sort of reasonable research or requesting documentation but expects the accused to jump through hoops and send court documents to have slander removed. Stay away from these guys unless you want frivolous claims to ruin your reputation.

As soon as someone gives a bad review, it is typical for the owner or the staff of the company doubles down and gives a bunch of good reviews to increase the overall rating. This is very well know. The negative ratings given on this site are more authentic than the positive ones.

By andy L.

Questions? Get answers from the TrustedPros.ca staff and other customers.

TrustedPros.ca?