TrustedPros.ca

TrustedPros.ca has a consumer rating of 2.35 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TrustedPros.ca most frequently mention quote requests, class action and personal information problems. TrustedPros.ca ranks 59th among Contractors sites.

No positive highlights yet

• This site is a one man show and has no employees, just occasional contractors who do fly by night IT work and writing.
  • TrustedPros.ca headed by Mr. Max Sheppard is an unethical and criminal minded company.
How would you rate TrustedPros.ca?

“Handyman Rex review”

David A.
6/12/20

They are very experienced and do very excellent work. Would not hesitate to recommend Handyman Rex for any type of home renovation. We have had him complete many projects in our home. The two most recent jobs they have done in photos attached.

“DON'T TRUST "TRUSTED PROS"”

L C.
11/15/20

I was trying to get a contractor and used Trusted Pros reviews for the selection. Selected five contractors with the highest review scores and contacted them. Two didn't return my call, one promised to quote but never did, one quoted a ridiculous high price and one didn't show for up for the meeting. Are these contractors post fake reviews giving themselves high scores? It's a scam and would never ever use Trusted Pros again.

contractors (19) max sheppard (3)
lc336
November 15th, 2020
rebeccab548
January 13th, 2020
My review was flagged as the company ALTA HOMES AND GARAGES stated they have no record of me as a customer. I sent in my invoice and driver's licence, but since my name is not on the invoice (but same address) they refuse to post my review. In turn they are protecting a garbage company who got my review removed under false pretences. They do no stand behind their own words which ensures the reviews are "are authentic, genuine and un-biased".
craigw77
December 7th, 2017
The site allows the trade to come to you. You are able to look at their reviews and see their ratings to help you make a decision.

This does not mean that you do not need to do your due diligence, but it provides a great starting point.

I posted a project and had a significant number of replies. To be honest, a number of them did not pan out. Some are not as professional as their profile would indicate, but that is why you follow up by asking for references and going out to take a look at past work.

I personally will continue to use Trusted Pros as the basis for my search when I need construction services.
davida2106
June 12th, 2020
toddf127
February 9th, 2020
I was listed with trusted pros and realized that they're a scam company who only take care of contractors who pay for the premiums. It took forever to get removed from they're profile and now they have my company listed as "No Longer In Business". They are trying to sabotage my company and put me out of business. I'm currently dealing with the BBB and will shortly get a lawyer.
robf113
April 1st, 2020
I had a basement bathroom put in my bungalow completed by Westmount Craftsmen. They were very timely and professional, the end result was exactly what I wanted. I will use them for any future projects and would highly recommend them to anybody.
5/5
stuartm69
October 16th, 2017
We have used Trusted Pros (prev. Handy Canadian) for many years now and have always found their service spot on.
Unlike other websites, their review verification is great and we personally believe, thorough.
Our company has grown since we starting using this site and we would have no hesitation in recommending.
stevea1128
October 21st, 2020
They ask good reviews for more validation and post bad reviews without any screening. Then they call you and ask for money to up your rating. Absolutely not. If you research the owner you'll find he's had his share of issues in his business ventures. Not very trusted if you ask me.
stevens931
January 28th, 2020
This site is no more than a revamped Better Business Bureau site which scams clients for fees in order to have shotty reviews removed.
francoised8
April 30th, 2020
What a terrible company and to think that people actually rely on them for accurate and honest info. I am really glad I came here and read these other reviews because now I see that I am not the only person who has had problems with them. Despite receiving the Court documents from me indicating that I brought legal action against the contractor, TrustedPros removed my review because the contractor, who is a compulsive liar and convicted criminal, lied and stated that I stole $4,000.00 worth of tools and that he is suing me. The statement provided by the contractor was not supported by any documentation (because there is none) but still TrustedPros accepted what he said and then posted this on their web site. If you are a homeowner looking for a contractor, use another website that is honest.
davida2354
October 11th, 2020
They don't actually provide any ratings, companies have to pay to get higher ratings. The more money you pay, the higher your rating.
marm28
January 13th, 2020
I submitted my review for quick contractors and how they were not on time and didn't complete the job. Rude and disrespectful people. I provided trustpros with all the evidence and they deleted my review because without contractors they won't be able to run their business. So contractors no matter what they do or treat people, Trustpro reviews don't care about it. They just want to advertise their site as professionals and that is a lie. They have psychos working for companies and they hide honest reviews from public so they can profit from companies that hired them. Trustpro is all junkies working and don't trust their people who give positive reviews. Most reviews are deleted for their advantage.
helena140
November 1st, 2019
We needed to replace the roof on our double triplex in 2005. We live in the Plateau. The company North American Roofing was recommended to us by a neighbour who had used them for his own triplex on Hutchison Street. My siblings and l were very pleased with the workmanship, quality of materials and the overall professionalism of the employees and staff of North American Roofing. This year we had our roof inspected and it's in great shape after 14 years. Other neighbours also used this company on our street after how pleased we were. I would recommend them to anyone who needs roof renovations or a new roof.
shawnp103
September 19th, 2019
If you have fallen victim to this misleading and fraudulent persons websites, please email me and connect. Contact me by replying to this review and this site...

I have many others in the same boat, your not the only one. I need to hear your story and add you to the list, yes a class action and fraud investigation on Max Sheppard is underway and am glad to see the multiple 1 star "real" reviews and the truths coming out... Finally. This has been on going for over 5 years now to date...

I have everything from his nicely sized home title search in Waterdown Ontario (paid for by your membership fees and pockets most likely), partners (Computershare Trust Company of Canada), fake office above the Eaton Centre secretary and lenders information with current addresses to shady phone conversations by him and his lawyer which I was personally shocked to hear how they conducted them self myself. The list goes on... Just like Gerald "Maxwell" himself says, its "Public Information".

Max is a con, pure and simple. Proof is in the pudding and that has long been established. That's an old topic. Its not defamation by no means, but the truth based on what I like to call "customer experience" after falling victim to his website and terms. Like many others out there, including you. We all have a right to opinion and say.

Looking forward to connecting with you and helping out, Shawn
simarc
February 8th, 2018
Im very pleased to give Trustedpros 5 star rating. I think it's a great site to find contractors. Earlier, this year I posted a job regarding my unfinished basement. I've received a lot of excellent responses and got new ideas from contractors regarding the best use of the space.
I was able to screen the contractors from the reviews and pictures of their work posted on the site which turned out really helpful. I think this company is a great platform connecting contractors with homeowners. Will be recommending to friends and family.
dawnm261
September 27th, 2018
I've requested our account to be deleted and it's been declined. Saying we're public knowledge now, Trusted pros has not gained us any business. They've recently wanted us to update our information and will deduct points if we don't. It's a scam to keep their site busy - either you do as your told or your livelihood/business is haunted and misinformed to the public because we don't do as we're told. No thank you, the way I've been disrespected I have no desire to give this company anything.
tos1
October 30th, 2019
Don't sign up unless you want to spend a lot of money for nothing. When you enter all your information you then get a trusted rating of 3.5 out of 5 and only when you pay money your ratings will go up. It's a scam.
ganeshant
May 30th, 2019
They received $21,000.00 and left the job with no job complete. They seem to do this to many other customers out there. They are a scam. I am waiting for TrustedPros's response since April after sending all pictures of work done and documents signed. I am holding TrustedPros responsible as they recommend
samp179
April 20th, 2019
Prompt and reliable service, needed a window air conditioner installed. Paul came to do the installation, very polite and professional, did the job and I am satisfied with the service.
shanes59
May 25th, 2017
Stay away. Do not leave your personal information here as it will be leaked and exposed. Only way to have it removed is for ransom extortion money. I was asked for 20k in order to remove a profIle of a company that did not even exist anymore but left hung out to dry. Negligence and ignorance at its finest.

This is a family run ghost operation. Not what you think. *

*Information redacted by admin
veronicam151
April 10th, 2019
They never posted my negative review. They argued I didn't have anything in writing. How could I? The contractor left with my money mid job.
I did have texts but that was not good for them.
Find a contractor somewhere else.
dillonr11
April 11th, 2019
If your looking for a construction, reno or landscape contractor do some research and hire some one local who has been around for a while. Dont just trust the random companies who pay there job pimps. This company posts $#*!ty score ratings for contractors and then black mails you every month to pay an outrageous amount of money with no guarantee of actually getting you clients! There is no need for an ontario company to make a profit off local contracts. Find better ways to advertise and if your looking for a good contractor do some research your self. See their work, check there references and most of all make sure you like them and will enjoy them working on your house!
laural362
December 22nd, 2018
When I tried to get my account deleted I found this company very difficult to deal with. Try and phone them... just try. No one ever answers the phone and it just goes to an answering machine.
They would not help me remove my account since I could not remember my password. I offered to present them with my business records, drivers licence, passport, all showing my name and address tried to the account. They refused to remove my account. "Idiots!"
debb2251
February 10th, 2018
I originally signed up for a free account with this website when the site was Handy Canadian and under the statistics, my account said I had over 40 leads, but it wasn't clickable and under their general information it said that replying to messages and leads required a premium account. So when I signed up for the premium account, those 40 leads were no where to be found.

I also discovered that service categories were missing. As a painting contractor the only category available was for residential interiors. There were no painting categories for new construction or commercial.

Since 2014, I received three emails but could not reply as they are also behind a paywall. Two were actually prior clients and I recognized the names. The third was a b2b solicitation. Just like other advertisers I assume that with a premium account you will get full contact.

I sent emails to *******@trustedpros.ca asking where the leads were and to report the missing categories.

After the first month I didn't update the credit card and I received an email stating the account was moved back to free.

I was not impressed with the lack of communication other than threats of sending my account to collection, and I also filled out the form with the same information I am providing here and again, no response.

I paid for one month premium and technically got one month premium but the leads claimed where not there and the missing categories where a significant bug when leads are based on the services you provide. There are also other bugs on the website. A leads search should not be bringing up plumbing and roofing.

I am actually disappointed in myself that I didn't research the website more as I would never have been in the situation I find myself in, where TrustedPros has put a supplier complaint against my listing for non-payment. There is a reply button next to the complaint, but I can't actually respond.

I have never experienced anything like this from a website that has been around for so many years. Its seems though that Mr. Max Sheppard prefers to hide behind a terms of use agreement and use bully tactics to get a contractor to pay up rather that provide the service his company claims.

Screen shots have been provided as a record.

Tip for consumers:
Research Trusted Pros and Mr. Max Sheppard before you signup as a contractor.

mikeh358
October 5th, 2017
M2R Enterprises has been with TrusterPros since 2005. We have never had a bad experience. With the leads they provide our business has grown significantly in every year of our association with them. We encourage all our clients to write reviews for us and submit them to this site where they are vetted to ensure they are genuine. We feel confident saying that TrustedPros is doing a great job ensuring reputable contractors are promoted to homeowners.

As soon as someone gives a bad review, it is typical for the owner or the staff of the company doubles down and gives a bunch of good reviews to increase the overall rating. This is very well know. The negative ratings given on this site are more authentic than the positive ones.

By andy L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TrustedPros.ca staff and other customers.

Canada's most trusted source for real, unbiased reviews of home professionals. Compare local renovation contractors, plumbers, electricians, roofers and more to find the right company for your home improvement projects.

maxs55
Max S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedPros.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.4
Have a question about TrustedPros.ca?