TrustedPros

TrustedPros has a consumer rating of 2.24 stars from 63 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TrustedPros most frequently mention class action and personal information problems. TrustedPros ranks 63rd among Contractors sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 11.1%

No positive highlights yet

• This site is a one man show and has no employees, just occasional contractors who do fly by night IT work and writing.
  • TrustedPros.ca headed by Mr. Max Sheppard is an unethical and criminal minded company.
How would you rate TrustedPros?

“Handyman Rex review”

David A.
6/12/20

They are very experienced and do very excellent work. Would not hesitate to recommend Handyman Rex for any type of home renovation. We have had him complete many projects in our home. The two most recent jobs they have done in photos attached.

“DON'T TRUST "TRUSTED PROS"”

L C.
11/15/20

I was trying to get a contractor and used Trusted Pros reviews for the selection. Selected five contractors with the highest review scores and contacted them. Two didn't return my call, one promised to quote but never did, one quoted a ridiculous high price and one didn't show for up for the meeting. Are these contractors post fake reviews giving themselves high scores? It's a scam and would never ever use Trusted Pros again.

contractors (19) max sheppard (3)
lc336
November 15th, 2020

rebeccab548
January 13th, 2020

My review was flagged as the company ALTA HOMES AND GARAGES stated they have no record of me as a customer. I sent in my invoice and driver's licence, but since my name is not on the invoice (but same address) they refuse to post my review. In turn they are protecting a garbage company who got my review removed under false pretences. They do no stand behind their own words which ensures the reviews are "are authentic, genuine and un-biased".

toddf127
February 9th, 2020

I was listed with trusted pros and realized that they're a scam company who only take care of contractors who pay for the premiums. It took forever to get removed from they're profile and now they have my company listed as "No Longer In Business". They are trying to sabotage my company and put me out of business. I'm currently dealing with the BBB and will shortly get a lawyer.

davida2106
June 12th, 2020

stevea1128
October 21st, 2020

They ask good reviews for more validation and post bad reviews without any screening. Then they call you and ask for money to up your rating. Absolutely not. If you research the owner you'll find he's had his share of issues in his business ventures. Not very trusted if you ask me.

dawng371
May 21st, 2021

Trusted Pros has listed our company on their website and we did not sign up or give permission to do this. A negative review of our company on their site is from a customer that we never had. When we contacted them about this and removing our information from the website, we were told tough luck, your information is public. Strange

Tip for consumers:
That companies are able to sign up your information without your permission. They also asked us to pay for access to the account. Basically extortion

stevens931
January 28th, 2020

This site is no more than a revamped Better Business Bureau site which scams clients for fees in order to have shotty reviews removed.

francoised8
April 30th, 2020

What a terrible company and to think that people actually rely on them for accurate and honest info. I am really glad I came here and read these other reviews because now I see that I am not the only person who has had problems with them. Despite receiving the Court documents from me indicating that I brought legal action against the contractor, TrustedPros removed my review because the contractor, who is a compulsive liar and convicted criminal, lied and stated that I stole $4,000.00 worth of tools and that he is suing me. The statement provided by the contractor was not supported by any documentation (because there is none) but still TrustedPros accepted what he said and then posted this on their web site. If you are a homeowner looking for a contractor, use another website that is honest.

robf113
April 1st, 2020

I had a basement bathroom put in my bungalow completed by Westmount Craftsmen. They were very timely and professional, the end result was exactly what I wanted. I will use them for any future projects and would highly recommend them to anybody.
5/5

hanies1
August 16th, 2021

Rude rude rude unprofessional stay away don't like helping unprofessional is the best wording for these scammers

davidv1219
August 12th, 2021

Do not believe all reviews on TrustedPros, they are all fake ones. They will delete any negative reviews you write to a company there.

davida2354
October 11th, 2020

They don't actually provide any ratings, companies have to pay to get higher ratings. The more money you pay, the higher your rating.

moeg10
February 5th, 2021

They don't help they don't respond they are cheaters never like to help they ignore so much please stay away

craigw77
December 7th, 2017

The site allows the trade to come to you. You are able to look at their reviews and see their ratings to help you make a decision.

This does not mean that you do not need to do your due diligence, but it provides a great starting point.

I posted a project and had a significant number of replies. To be honest, a number of them did not pan out. Some are not as professional as their profile would indicate, but that is why you follow up by asking for references and going out to take a look at past work.

I personally will continue to use Trusted Pros as the basis for my search when I need construction services.

marm28
January 13th, 2020

I submitted my review for quick contractors and how they were not on time and didn't complete the job. Rude and disrespectful people. I provided trustpros with all the evidence and they deleted my review because without contractors they won't be able to run their business. So contractors no matter what they do or treat people, Trustpro reviews don't care about it. They just want to advertise their site as professionals and that is a lie. They have psychos working for companies and they hide honest reviews from public so they can profit from companies that hired them. Trustpro is all junkies working and don't trust their people who give positive reviews. Most reviews are deleted for their advantage.

candan
May 24th, 2021

THE SITE IS THE WORST THAT MAY EXIST IN CONSTRUCTION OR CONTRACTORS 'PROPOSAL, THEY ARE RECOMMENDED BY THEM ONLY A FEW COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT GOOD. AND IF THESE COMPANIES DO NOT ANSWER THEN THEY OPEN FOR OTHERS AND THESE ARE MANY AND NON-PROFESSIONAL.

shawnp103
September 19th, 2019

If you have fallen victim to this misleading and fraudulent persons websites, please email me and connect. Contact me by replying to this review and this site...

I have many others in the same boat, your not the only one. I need to hear your story and add you to the list, yes a class action and fraud investigation on Max Sheppard is underway and am glad to see the multiple 1 star "real" reviews and the truths coming out... Finally. This has been on going for over 5 years now to date...

I have everything from his nicely sized home title search in Waterdown Ontario (paid for by your membership fees and pockets most likely), partners (Computershare Trust Company of Canada), fake office above the Eaton Centre secretary and lenders information with current addresses to shady phone conversations by him and his lawyer which I was personally shocked to hear how they conducted them self myself. The list goes on... Just like Gerald "Maxwell" himself says, its "Public Information".

Max is a con, pure and simple. Proof is in the pudding and that has long been established. That's an old topic. Its not defamation by no means, but the truth based on what I like to call "customer experience" after falling victim to his website and terms. Like many others out there, including you. We all have a right to opinion and say.

Looking forward to connecting with you and helping out, Shawn

dawnm261
September 27th, 2018

I've requested our account to be deleted and it's been declined. Saying we're public knowledge now, Trusted pros has not gained us any business. They've recently wanted us to update our information and will deduct points if we don't. It's a scam to keep their site busy - either you do as your told or your livelihood/business is haunted and misinformed to the public because we don't do as we're told. No thank you, the way I've been disrespected I have no desire to give this company anything.

tos1
October 30th, 2019

Don't sign up unless you want to spend a lot of money for nothing. When you enter all your information you then get a trusted rating of 3.5 out of 5 and only when you pay money your ratings will go up. It's a scam.

ganeshant
May 30th, 2019

They received $21,000.00 and left the job with no job complete. They seem to do this to many other customers out there. They are a scam. I am waiting for TrustedPros's response since April after sending all pictures of work done and documents signed. I am holding TrustedPros responsible as they recommend

stuartm69
October 16th, 2017

We have used Trusted Pros (prev. Handy Canadian) for many years now and have always found their service spot on.
Unlike other websites, their review verification is great and we personally believe, thorough.
Our company has grown since we starting using this site and we would have no hesitation in recommending.

shanes59
May 25th, 2017

Stay away. Do not leave your personal information here as it will be leaked and exposed. Only way to have it removed is for ransom extortion money. I was asked for 20k in order to remove a profIle of a company that did not even exist anymore but left hung out to dry. Negligence and ignorance at its finest.

This is a family run ghost operation. Not what you think. *

*Information redacted by admin

veronicam151
April 10th, 2019

They never posted my negative review. They argued I didn't have anything in writing. How could I? The contractor left with my money mid job.
I did have texts but that was not good for them.
Find a contractor somewhere else.

dillonr11
April 11th, 2019

If your looking for a construction, reno or landscape contractor do some research and hire some one local who has been around for a while. Dont just trust the random companies who pay there job pimps. This company posts $#*!ty score ratings for contractors and then black mails you every month to pay an outrageous amount of money with no guarantee of actually getting you clients! There is no need for an ontario company to make a profit off local contracts. Find better ways to advertise and if your looking for a good contractor do some research your self. See their work, check there references and most of all make sure you like them and will enjoy them working on your house!

laural362
December 22nd, 2018

When I tried to get my account deleted I found this company very difficult to deal with. Try and phone them... just try. No one ever answers the phone and it just goes to an answering machine.
They would not help me remove my account since I could not remember my password. I offered to present them with my business records, drivers licence, passport, all showing my name and address tried to the account. They refused to remove my account. "Idiots!"

As soon as someone gives a bad review, it is typical for the owner or the staff of the company doubles down and gives a bunch of good reviews to increase the overall rating. This is very well know. The negative ratings given on this site are more authentic than the positive ones.

By andy L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TrustedPros staff and other customers.

Canada's most trusted source for real, unbiased reviews of home professionals. Compare local renovation contractors, plumbers, electricians, roofers and more to find the right company for your home improvement projects.

maxs55
Max S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedPros?

Have a question about TrustedPros?