Review of The Ritzy Rover

Tel: +1-704-888-6024
info@theritzyrover.com

conniet18
5/18/16

In mid March I placed an order for 2 items. It took forever (over a month to deliver). One item was too large for my dog and I wanted nothing more than to exchange the item for one size smaller. They emailed me that the vendor I ordered from does not take returns or exchanges. That is not stated on their website. We went round and round through emails. They finally said they would make an EXCEPTION and do the exchange, but I would have to pay extra shipping charges. I agreed to pay that. I sent the original piece back several weeks ago, and paid the extra shipping for the new piece through PayPal. Well, it is May 18th, and I am still waiting for this delivery. Just today, I received an email saying it was finally shipped. I am tracking this shipment and it is being processed through Hong Kong! Really. If I had know what a headache buying two items for my dog from this business I never would have. Customer service is rude and almost non-existent. When I spend almost $100 for two little tiny pieces of dog clothing, I expect better service than this!! Waiting over 2 months is ridiculous. NEVER again.

rjaa
8/17/12

I ordered from this site because they had the best prices on brand name dog apparel. They canceled one of my orders a few days later after stating it was in stock at the time I ordered. I don't understand why they don't take proper inventory? The other item shipped and arrived in good condition. Not going to order anymore because even if you call they will tell you it's in stock just like the website and it's not!

ericg
12/20/10

In November 2010, I ordered a relatively esoteric item from theritzyrover.com: a "cherry" Chewy Vuitton dog chew toy. Louis Vuitton sued Chewy Vuitton for a couple of its dog toy "parodies," and I wanted actual examples as classroom props. On the same day, I ordered two other Chewy Vuitton toys through Amazon vendors and, as expected, the Amazon vendors performed fabulously--the first arrived in just a few days, the second within 2 weeks. However, I couldn't find the cherry dog toy on Amazon, which forced me to transact with an unknown Internet vendor.

I placed my order through the theritzyrover.com website. They had an on-site coupon that reduced the price some, but their shipping charges were above average. After I placed my order, I immediately got both a confirmation email and a receipt by email.

Then, I waited. After more than a month, I sent an email to info@theritzyrover.com asking for a status update. I got no response. After yet another week, I sent a second status email, this time threatening to initiate a chargeback. Finally, I got a response from them, promising to ship the item the next day. However, they did not offer an apology, explanation or credit for their delay.

Within a few days after their response email, the item did finally arrive. However, the packaging was laughable. They carelessly stuck the dog toy into a USPS express mail package and tossed it in the mail. The toy itself wasn't in any packaging, and the entire envelope had clearly been crushed along the way (although the item itself was in OK shape).

From my perspective, I shouldn't have to chase a credible website down for a status report or threaten a chargeback to get the item shipped, and the item should be shipped in adequate packaging (especially if they are charging above-market shipping rates). As a result, theritzyrover.com is not the kind of website I'd choose to do business with again.

Questions? Get answers from the The Ritzy Rover staff and other customers.

The Ritzy Rover?