The College Wizard reviews

Contact Us

1 star

robertg755
12/11/18

Last night I was accepted Early Decision to Cornell, my dream school. For two years Harvey has always inspired me. I got 1520 on my first and only SAT because of Harvey. He helped me with my college application and my extracurricular work at the Columbia Neuroscience Lab and starting my own magazine. Harvey won't stop until you get into your school. He wants the best for you. Only thing he asks for is your hard work, if you're not going to put your heart into it, don't expect my results. My first PSAT was 1290 as a Sophomore and I achieved a 1520 with Harvey guiding me. I am a member of the Cornell Class of 2023. Thanks Harvey!!!!

From A Grateful Student,
Rob G

Tip for consumers: Worth every ounce of sweat if you want to get into your college of choice.

kenj127
11/3/18

Now that my daughter is safely admitted to her dream school (Brown), as I reflect back on our journey through the college admissions process, I really have to thank Harvey for telling us things that nobody else did. It took my daughter longer than other tutoring companies had suggested for her to hit her ultimate score (1560) and Harvey was right on about this, as well as the fact that the 5 SAT tries she took did not prevent her from getting accepted when nobody else from her school was. Clearly, the SAT is the most important component of admissions, despite what we were told on college tours. I highly recommend that you work with Harvey if you need a true and honest expert to help you navigate what can certainly be a very stressful process.

donnas548
11/2/18

It's hard to imagine any other SAT service as good as Harvey. His expertise, professionalism, enthusiasm and deep knowledge of both the SAT test and the college admissions process brought Taylor's SAT up 370 points to 1540 and also was instrumental in her submitting such a strong application that she was accepted to both U. Penn and Tufts, as well as 12 other schools.

karens766
9/30/18

After a disastrous experience with Huntington Learning Centers, Harvey was an absolute godsend for us. Instead of offering basically useless review, Harvey taught our daughter how to master the SAT itself. And the results were spectacular: a gain of 280 points from 1230 to 1510 in three months.

elainec135
8/31/18

We are so proud of our daughter, Betsy, who, with Harvey's remarkable assistance, not only raised her SAT score from 1250 to 1520, but also put together a stellar application package that led to her acceptance to Swarthmore.

roseh106
7/30/18

With so many options for SAT and ACT prep, it can be nerve wracking for parents trying to choose the best option for their child. Based on our experience, Harvey The College Wizard is a premium priced service that delivers above and beyond what you pay. We were immediately impressed by Harvey's extensive knowledge of the testing process, as well as his obvious passion for teaching. We didn't have particularly high expectations at the beginning, which is why we were so pleasantly surprised when our daughter went up 320 points after only about 8 lessons. Harvey's system is definitely unique, and based on what we have observed first hand, worth every penny.

christians117
6/20/18

Thanks to Harvey, I have achieved my lifelong goal of being admitted to Yale. Its hard to express how much I appreciate the amazing tricks he taught me that boosted my SAT score to a 1560 and my ACT to 36 (in a matter of months) as well as his guidance in setting up a non-profit that I am sure positioned me for acceptance.

caroly33
5/27/18

I think it is common knowledge how insanely competitive getting accepted to an Ivy is these days. You really need someone like Harvey to help navigate the process. We were actually a little bit skeptical initially, because Harveys package price seemed to inexpensive for everything he is offering. But he is an exceptionally bright, compassionate and dedicated person. He first helped Liam go up from 1290 to 1520 on his SAT. Then Harvey helped him set up a unique charity. And finally, he spent a lot of time making sure all of Liams college application essays were as good as they could be. I recommend Harvey to any family with Ivy League dreams.

gabrielt17
4/11/18

After nearly 4 years of being Harvey's student, I can personally affirm that his absolute devotion to his work is unparalleled. He has accompanied me from a mere high school freshman all the way to a Stanford freshman. Harvey has assisted me not only dramatically increase my SAT score by 270 points, but also with revising college essays that directly helped me be admitted to the university of my dreams. Dreams do come true, especially with Harvey's help.

genej14
4/4/18

Sydney scored a 1350 on her final SAT (2nd attempt which was a 1250... PLUS...4 attempts on ACT).

It was Harvey that suggested the SAT may be more suited to Sydney's learning style. We listened and he was right. I don't think Sydney would have scored any higher than 1150 - 1190 without his help.

But... here's the really important part that not everybody talks about.

When it came to Sydney applying to universities, Harvey was VERY helpful and his true brilliance never showed more than in his editing. He helped Sydney to flush out ideas and helped her to edit and proof her essays.

It truly was the difference that made the difference and she got accepted to the University of Texas (Austin) when MANY people with higher test scores, GPAs, and class rank... got rejection letters.

Just having that weekly appointment kept our daughter committed to be prepared. In reality, it's "possible" to do it on your own... but "highly improbable" that a person will actually do what's necessary to get the most of themselves without some coaching and countability along the way.

The greatest athletes in the world have coaches for a reason... because it works!

So was it worth the investment... without a doubt... YES!

Harvey cares about his students and does what he can to help guide and nurture them to do "their" absolute best.

Thank you Harvey! You have helped to completely change the trajectory of our daughter's life with your skill, caring and guidance.

Gratefully,

Gene

rogerg55
3/27/18

My son Robert took the SAT for the first time in March of 2018 and he scored a 1520. Yes Robert scored a 1520 on his first SAT exam. Without a doubt Harvey's system works. Harvey work's endless hours, responsive, supportive, and he truly wants the best for his students, preparing them to master the SAT. If your child follow's his insightful rules and studies hard, he or she will do amazing. My son is a Junior and we saved a lot of money working with Harvey and Robert will now be able to enjoy his summer. I give my highest recommendation to "THE COLLEGE WIZARD", Sincerely Roger Greenberg.

justint76
2/1/18

Harvey, I honestly dont think I would have gotten accepted early decision to Brown, my dream school, without your help. You not only taught me the tricks to get my SAT score up to 1560, but you also helped me start my own business which I really think made me stand out to the admissions officers. Thank you so very much!

sheilar48
12/8/17

With a score increase from 1130 to 1380, we definitely got our moneys worth working with Harvey. But I really feel that more important than the score increase is the boost to my daughters confidence. I was really impressed with how compassionate and careful Harvey was with my daughter, who is a bit shy, and how much he patiently worked with her. I have to credit Harvey with a marvelous increase in her confidence, not just related to SAT, but overall.

rahuln3
11/8/17

Thank you so much, Mr. Harvey, for helping me realize my dream of a perfect SAT score. I could never have done it without your help!

petet27
9/27/17

Really mindblowing results! When Harvey explained that my sons low 1150 SAT score (my son is a straight-A student) might just be the result of bad SAT habits and approach to the test, I was hopeful but skeptical that we could get a significant improvement. Now Im looking at my sons 1480 August SAT results, and I have to admit, Harvey is indeed a wizard!

georgeb221
8/24/17

Harvey has devised brilliant strategies that transformed my daughters SAT score from 1230 to 1510. Harvey gave Bella a phenomenal boost to her confidence. We cant recommend him highly enough.

taylorg33
7/23/17

Harvey, I really cant thank you enough, for not only guiding me to achieve an almost perfect 1570 on my SAT, but also for helping me get accepted to five Ivies Brown, Dartmouth, UPenn, Cornell and Columbia.

rogers212
7/12/17

In my humble opinion, Harvey provides the highest quality, most comprehensive tutoring/counseling service available, at an extremely fair price. My assessment is based on having utilized a number of other services for my two older children, and having spent far more money with much less pleasing results. But with my youngest daughter, we were lucky enough to discover Harvey over the internet and so contracted his services. We were immediately impressed with Harveys skill as a teacher, as well as his broad knowledge about everything related to the admissions process. Always available to answer questions during the two years he worked with us, Harvey was instrumental in keeping our whole family calm and focused. His guidance relative to writing college essays was invaluable. In terms of results, with Harveys help Sonya achieved a near perfect 1570 on her SAT and getting accepted to Princeton was the cherry on the top.

nimshar
6/19/17

Mr. Harvey is truly a wizard and a very kind and passionate teacher. Besides helping my daughter raise her SAT from 1180 to 1520, Mr. Harvey built my daughter's confidence a lot and helped her do much better with her time management.

rajp32
5/19/17

I must admit that when I first read Mr. Harveys website about the perfect SAT score, I was a bit skeptical. But eight months after our initial contact, I am more than a true believer. My daughter Nitya, with Harveys help, has achieved a perfect 1600 SAT. Congratulations to them both!

catherineb73
4/18/17

Not only did Harvey help me go from a 1320 to a 1580 SAT, his assistance with setting up my own company and review of my essays I am sure were invaluable in getting me accepted to Brown.

timd67
3/17/17

I rarely write reviews, but in Harveys case, I felt compelled to share my truly extraordinary experience with other parents looking for SAT/ACT tutoring. I suspect others might share the trepidation I felt when considering hiring a tutor I found on the internet. The fact that Harvey spent so much time discussing Alexandras situation by telephone, followed up by a free trial of his one-on-one Skype tutoring certainly helped to put my mind at ease. But listening to Harveys interactions with Alexandra during the sessions, it was obvious not only how remarkable are his teaching skills, but more important for me his compassion for Alexandra and his passion for working to ensure that she hit her goals. In the end, Alexandra gained over 400 points in SAT as well as 8 points in ACT, far beyond our expectations.

mattl69
2/17/17

Nicole has always been an excellent student but a poor test taker. We were worried that so many of the standard test prep companies like Testmasters and Kaplan would not be able to address her specific issues, because we felt that Nicole really just needed someone to guide her in how to take the test. Thats exactly what Harvey did. Nicole got really motivated and excited right from her first meeting with him. She was inspired to practice diligently. After four months of working with Harvey, Nicole saw her score go from 1250 to 1480.

tristanp4
1/19/17

Got accepted early decision to Johns Hopkins and I really dont think I could have done it without Harveys ACT coaching as well as all the help with essays and applications. Anyone who really wants to get into a very competitive school should certainly try to get signed up with Harvey.

nicka60
12/20/16

I have dreamed of going to Yale ever since I was little, and Harvey, thanks to you, my dream has just come true. I could barely believe it reading my acceptance letter. So thanks for being an incredible teacher, for your amazing set of rules that guided me to a 1580 SAT, your great advice on essay topics and the unique business you helped me to start. I cant thank you enough.

My program is designed as a comprehensive system to give a student the best possible chance of being accepted to top tier colleges. Currently, the fee is $7800, but I have been forced to raise my fee periodically due to strong demand, and I may be raising it again soon.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

While most clients do pay the full $2400 up front, I can also split the payment into $1200 upfront and #1200 after 30 days, or three payments of $800 upfront, $800 after 30 days and the final $800 after 60 days.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

I carefully choose the students that I work with. Unfortunately, I am forced to turn away about 3-4 students for every student I accept. But that ensures that the roughly 15 students per week I do work with have easy access to me. And since I generally make myself available to my students from 4PM-11PM (eastern time) on Sunday through Friday as well as 9AM-2PM (eastern time) on Saturday, there is a great deal of flexibility.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

Currently, I am the only one tutoring students in my program.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

There is no limit on the number of lessons for $2400. Lessons continue until the desired score is achieved. Each lesson lasts up to one hour.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

The tutoring is done live, one-on-one, via Skype.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

The first lesson gives me enough time to pinpoint many of the the most common reasons for sub-par scores: vocabulary weakness, wrong approach to the test (e.g., answering SAT or ACT reading questions in the same way a student might answer these questions on a school test), mastery of basic math concepts, attention to detail, etc. Before the first lesson, I have every student complete a full SAT or ACT, which allows me to target weaknesses even more specifically based on the wrong answers on that first practice test.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

Given the simplicity of my unique system, it is certainly possible for a student to raise his score 300 points or more in just a few weeks. And some of my students have done just that. However, most students would probably need more than just a couple of months of practice to see that kind of gain. But my unlimited lesson program helps give your son the most opportunities possible to hit the score he needs prior to his applying to Harvard. Every student is different, so please call me at 888-873-4399 so we can discuss in detail.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

It's possible; please call me at 888-873-4399 to discuss availability.

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative

To schedule a mini session, please either email me at harvey@thecollegewizard.net or call me at 888-873-4399. Thanks!

By Harvey W., The College Wizard Representative
Questions? Get answers from the The College Wizard staff and other customers.

2 Photos for The College Wizard