Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 58 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Khan Academy most frequently mention high school. Khan Academy ranks 7th among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 35.3%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Very helpful”

ethna B.
11/30/20

I've been using Khan academy since grade 9 and it has always been easier to understand and more helpful than any of my teachers where. I really appreciate its free and if I had the money to donate or subscribe I would. All you need is your personal initiative to do well and some focus. These videos helped a lot!

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

alexh440
April 22nd, 2020
dylane32
April 17th, 2020
Every time i do work i come back the next day and it says its late or missing. This site is so bad and im failing classes because of it.
jackd554
November 30th, 2020
Will draw the answers to all of your questions with his crayons, but very few of them will be of any use.
sarahl917
October 24th, 2020
I think Khan Academy should be banned from school and we should only use it if we want to. I have been forced to use Khan Academy for school and it is the worst math tool I have ever used. I would never in a million years recommend this to anyone. I have not learned one thing from this website. If you are reading this to see if you should use Khan please don't you will regret it the moment you start.
alext555
October 7th, 2020
Khan Academy is ok but the directions arent really explaining that much to me and I keep getting the answers wrong because of the bad directions. Sal khan Needs to fix this site and subjects
sarahj674
August 6th, 2020
Don't do khan academy because you have to pay when you want to sign up. But it is free to schools and that's the only thing that's good. And if you want to get untill 100% you have to do itagain. And if you get questions wrong, then you have to do it over again that stresses me out.
mikhaelaa
December 4th, 2020
Its so BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS LIKE SO LONG ALTHO IT IS INFORMATIVE to informative like for real
ryanh574
May 9th, 2020
If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)
ethnab
November 30th, 2020
ke97
July 10th, 2020
It says answers CHECKED BY GOOGLE are wrong, it's boring as heck, and the fact that it takes 10k "energy points" to unlock a new style for a pet is absurd!
marziyak
January 10th, 2020
Khan is said to teach math, they do give math problems and videos yet they don't explain it that well, and its not "fun" or in other words, we kids don't really want to play on it due to it being just math and nothing else, no fun! I would not recommend this for people who like fun in education but I would for those who just want to study study study and have there mind just set on the one task: master this skill. 3/5,1 point for encouragement and the other point for explaining.
ibrahimc34
December 25th, 2020
It provides lessons and videos of every topic in math. Its fun to learn when you can get points to upgrade your avatar. This is a good site that makes learning fun.
shiorik
February 27th, 2020
I use their courses for every thing I wish to learn, every time before I start learning a new concept either in math or on the web, I check a course here. It helps you guide your mind on the right track. Of course, it cannot replace a university all by its own and for that you need to actually attend courses and be supervised by a teacher/lecturer. But for me, starting something new is the hardest part and Khan academy help me in that regard.
hunterr56
October 28th, 2020
Khan academy is the best learning website I've ever seen. I've been using it since 4th grade and it's lessons really help. Now I use it as a supplement to the zoom classes/edgenuity (Tip, NEVER use edgenuity) hybrid I do now. Sal Khan explains concepts in a clear way, and the questions are relevant to the videos. Their JavaScript lessons introduced me into computer science, and their World History lessons helped me win the geography bee at my school last year. The badges you get from lessons give students a sense of progress and something to work for. Khan academy works great for online distance learning, a supplement to regular lessons, and works well if you want to learn something. Plus it's 100% free.
ginov95
May 25th, 2020
Wtf is this $#*! wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfvwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf
helenm123
January 20th, 2017
I like the HTML and CSS tutorials available on this site. I am an aspiring librarian, so learning computer programming is important to the future of my profession. Surprisingly, it wasn't geared to much towards young children so much that adults would feel strange or get bored learning it. A pleasant surprise. Recommended.
khanhaterm
April 28th, 2019
Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!
jonathanh479
June 29th, 2020
FREE. Much better than many other websites. And you don't have to pay anything. Easy to learn and use.
barbrak3
July 19th, 2017
Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip: NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate). Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with@Reba F.
ezr248
January 17th, 2017
Bored? Educate yourself :) The service offers a large range of educational materials. I use it from time to time and its just fun
jimg1047
November 17th, 2020
When my parents made me do this i went in with some knowledge and came out with less. It is so confusing and all you do is watch videos and be bored. I WOULD NOT USE THIS! IT SUCKS!
nonen27
April 29th, 2020
It's not that bad but not that good. I mean I've seen worse learning sites that rip you off while Khan Academy is free. Sometimes I think that Sal is loquacious about things such as Math and History, but it has a free Pre-SAT test there for you to practice.
jimmyb136
August 22nd, 2019
Khan Academy is great! You can learn so much. I learnt how to do trigonometry, then trigonometry with radians, how to solve some one-dimensional motion physics word problems, cryptography, and yet I'm still learning! It's a great way to study for tests and just having fun while learning!
medb2
May 21st, 2019
Without going to university I start learning on Khan academy YouTube channel for free. The quality of their content make knowledge accessible to every one thank you
micheall25
September 7th, 2017
Khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. Just shut down please. This is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? Its you not me.

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.7
Have a question about Khan Academy?