Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.79 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Khan Academy also ranks 3rd among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Free and easy to use. Good for studying.”

Ryan H.
5/9/20

If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

alexh440
April 22nd, 2020
dylane32
April 17th, 2020
Every time i do work i come back the next day and it says its late or missing. This site is so bad and im failing classes because of it.
sarahj674
August 6th, 2020
Don't do khan academy because you have to pay when you want to sign up. But it is free to schools and that's the only thing that's good. And if you want to get untill 100% you have to do itagain. And if you get questions wrong, then you have to do it over again that stresses me out.
ke97
July 10th, 2020
It says answers CHECKED BY GOOGLE are wrong, it's boring as heck, and the fact that it takes 10k "energy points" to unlock a new style for a pet is absurd!
khanhaterm
April 28th, 2019
Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!
shiorik
February 27th, 2020
I use their courses for every thing I wish to learn, every time before I start learning a new concept either in math or on the web, I check a course here. It helps you guide your mind on the right track. Of course, it cannot replace a university all by its own and for that you need to actually attend courses and be supervised by a teacher/lecturer. But for me, starting something new is the hardest part and Khan academy help me in that regard.
jonathanh479
June 29th, 2020
FREE. Much better than many other websites. And you don't have to pay anything. Easy to learn and use.
ginov95
May 25th, 2020
Wtf is this $#*! wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfvwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf
ryanh574
May 9th, 2020
helenm123
January 20th, 2017
I like the HTML and CSS tutorials available on this site. I am an aspiring librarian, so learning computer programming is important to the future of my profession. Surprisingly, it wasn't geared to much towards young children so much that adults would feel strange or get bored learning it. A pleasant surprise. Recommended.
jimmyb136
August 22nd, 2019
Khan Academy is great! You can learn so much. I learnt how to do trigonometry, then trigonometry with radians, how to solve some one-dimensional motion physics word problems, cryptography, and yet I'm still learning! It's a great way to study for tests and just having fun while learning!
marziyak
January 10th, 2020
Khan is said to teach math, they do give math problems and videos yet they don't explain it that well, and its not "fun" or in other words, we kids don't really want to play on it due to it being just math and nothing else, no fun! I would not recommend this for people who like fun in education but I would for those who just want to study study study and have there mind just set on the one task: master this skill. 3/5,1 point for encouragement and the other point for explaining.
ezr248
January 17th, 2017
Bored? Educate yourself :) The service offers a large range of educational materials. I use it from time to time and its just fun
medb2
May 21st, 2019
Without going to university I start learning on Khan academy YouTube channel for free. The quality of their content make knowledge accessible to every one thank you
nonen27
April 29th, 2020
It's not that bad but not that good. I mean I've seen worse learning sites that rip you off while Khan Academy is free. Sometimes I think that Sal is loquacious about things such as Math and History, but it has a free Pre-SAT test there for you to practice.
micheall25
September 7th, 2017
Khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. Just shut down please. This is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? Its you not me.
rebaf3
May 1st, 2017
NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS THAT KEEP ME FROM LEARNING. THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR REDONE AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SUE THEM. IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I HATE SCHOOL IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE KHAN ACADEMY IS $#*!ED AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE A WEBSITE. IT DOESNT HELP ANYBODY LEARN. THE VIDOES AND HINTS MAKE YOU LOOSE POINTS AND THEY ARENT EVEN HELPFUL. SOMEBODY PLEASE SUE KHAN ACADEMY BECAUSE IT HAS NO PURPOSE AND IS DRIVING MY ENTIRE SCHOOL CRAZY!
ehsnd
July 23rd, 2014
The new regime at Khan Academy have been very successful at sucking all the fun out of learning math.
bridgetl1
September 20th, 2014
I used to love khanacademy, I thought it finally made math fun. But after a while, it got kind of old, and it wasn't as much fun. The graphics and site quality is really good. But some of the problem wording is really confusing, and some of it just isn't that engaging. I'm guessing a majority of people will disagree with me, but I just didnt think that it stayed interesting after you saw it for a while.
rh615
November 28th, 2015
Maybe it works for people who are trying to learn PART of a topic, but for people who are working seriously, this website SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
I missed a unit of trigonometry and my teacher told me Khan academy should help me get caught up. He was planning to help with me with parts of it, but expects me to learn the majority of it on Khan.
I got on. Looked through the trigonometry lessons. Looked through the precalc lessons. Searched the videos. Scrolled through dozens of options.
THERE WAS NOTHING.
According to my textbook AND teacher, this was the most important unit in trigonometry, and Khan had NOTHING on it.
The website is awful. Stay away.
barbrak3
July 19th, 2017
Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip: NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate). Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with@Reba F.
williamb1075
April 18th, 2019
I am a 47 year old who decided to finally get my high school diploma after 30 years. I unintentionally ran across Khan Academy in an attempt to 'brush-up' on math.

I noticed that Sal Khan has this 'relaxed' way of speaking while explaining how to do math that causes you to also relax as you learn. That made learning very easy. It kept my interest and actually made it sort of fun.

After 30 years having no dealings with academic studies whatsoever, I studied with Khan Academy for a few months and received an overall 82% on my TASC Test (which I discovered has been a replacement for the traditional G. E. D. Of my generation). For math specifically, I received a 78%.

They have a fantastic thing going on there and I would recommend it to any and everyone! Highly effective.
michaela64
May 21st, 2013
They aren't to bad but every time I look for what I need help with they don't have what I am looking for.
basakburcus
October 3rd, 2019
It is great that the videos of the educational subjects are told with a superior approach and language. The choice of images and presentation is successful in terms of analysis of the subject. Offers in-depth examples.
loric102
October 13th, 2017
Great tutorial website with lots of informative videos on numerous math concepts. We enjoy Beestar better as it has more practice questions and helps the kids more with the exams. However both website work really well and it helps our kids refresh their memory when they forget some math concepts.

It is not a solution designed for exams. Exam preparation is a whole different world. You need to consider that at Khan academy the information is not arranged in a way to fulfill all the criteria in SAT. It is helpful to illustrate some baffling points, especially in math, but one must not limit one's self to the content of Khan Academy.

By Shiori K.

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

It does not help whatsoever. My son's grades in fact went down after his school enlisted him to participate in this program.

By Elon M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?