Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 62 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Khan Academy most frequently mention high school. Khan Academy ranks 9th among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 43.8%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Very helpful”

ethna B.
11/30/20

I've been using Khan academy since grade 9 and it has always been easier to understand and more helpful than any of my teachers where. I really appreciate its free and if I had the money to donate or subscribe I would. All you need is your personal initiative to do well and some focus. These videos helped a lot!

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

alexh440
April 22nd, 2020

ryanh574
May 9th, 2020

If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)

ethnab
November 30th, 2020

dylane32
April 17th, 2020

Every time i do work i come back the next day and it says its late or missing. This site is so bad and im failing classes because of it.

shiorik
February 27th, 2020

I use their courses for every thing I wish to learn, every time before I start learning a new concept either in math or on the web, I check a course here. It helps you guide your mind on the right track. Of course, it cannot replace a university all by its own and for that you need to actually attend courses and be supervised by a teacher/lecturer. But for me, starting something new is the hardest part and Khan academy help me in that regard.

ibrahimc34
December 25th, 2020

It provides lessons and videos of every topic in math. Its fun to learn when you can get points to upgrade your avatar. This is a good site that makes learning fun.

sarahl917
October 24th, 2020

I think Khan Academy should be banned from school and we should only use it if we want to. I have been forced to use Khan Academy for school and it is the worst math tool I have ever used. I would never in a million years recommend this to anyone. I have not learned one thing from this website. If you are reading this to see if you should use Khan please don't you will regret it the moment you start.

ke97
July 10th, 2020

It says answers CHECKED BY GOOGLE are wrong, it's boring as heck, and the fact that it takes 10k "energy points" to unlock a new style for a pet is absurd!

jackd554
November 30th, 2020

Will draw the answers to all of your questions with his crayons, but very few of them will be of any use.

marziyak
January 10th, 2020

Khan is said to teach math, they do give math problems and videos yet they don't explain it that well, and its not "fun" or in other words, we kids don't really want to play on it due to it being just math and nothing else, no fun! I would not recommend this for people who like fun in education but I would for those who just want to study study study and have there mind just set on the one task: master this skill. 3/5,1 point for encouragement and the other point for explaining.

savannahd39
March 25th, 2021

Its a very good site. I can believe you said its bad just because its boring! Its still educational! And also, you clearly just don't like learning. If you don't understand something, watch a video! You don't need to always get 100%, and in your stats, your first score will be your forever score on it. And why did you say Khan Academy costs money? Please don't listen to that scammer, it doesn't cost money! In fact, Sal Khan, the creator of Khan Academy, is literally famous for creating a FREE online school.

Tip for consumers:
watch videos if you don't understand how to do something. And people, stop giving websites bad ratings due to ONE problem.

Products used:
My own experience obviously.

alext555
October 7th, 2020

Khan Academy is ok but the directions arent really explaining that much to me and I keep getting the answers wrong because of the bad directions. Sal khan Needs to fix this site and subjects

hunterr56
October 28th, 2020

Khan academy is the best learning website I've ever seen. I've been using it since 4th grade and it's lessons really help. Now I use it as a supplement to the zoom classes/edgenuity (Tip, NEVER use edgenuity) hybrid I do now. Sal Khan explains concepts in a clear way, and the questions are relevant to the videos. Their JavaScript lessons introduced me into computer science, and their World History lessons helped me win the geography bee at my school last year. The badges you get from lessons give students a sense of progress and something to work for. Khan academy works great for online distance learning, a supplement to regular lessons, and works well if you want to learn something. Plus it's 100% free.

ginov95
May 25th, 2020

Wtf is this $#*! wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfvwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

apriab
March 2nd, 2021

This learning game is very good to my 4 brothers and sisters, i have been them long enough to know this, i thought it was very good, so I got it my self! It was AMAZING, you click on what grade you are in ( im in 4th) then if you are having trouble with a lesson at school, you can go to that, it has all of the lessons a preschooler, kindergardener, 1 grader 2 grader ect. Should need. And it goes up to college! So my point of view, people that do not have the app, get it! It will be right for you!

jonathanh479
June 29th, 2020

FREE. Much better than many other websites. And you don't have to pay anything. Easy to learn and use.

brandonw492
May 6th, 2021

Not learning anything from this. The creator needs to learn how to talk. It's always "Sal meant this" or "Sal meant that" maybe instead of doing one problem for 10 minutes in a video, how about you just tell me the formula so I can do just not that one problem.

jimg1047
November 17th, 2020

When my parents made me do this i went in with some knowledge and came out with less. It is so confusing and all you do is watch videos and be bored. I WOULD NOT USE THIS! IT SUCKS!

sarahj674
August 6th, 2020

Don't do khan academy because you have to pay when you want to sign up. But it is free to schools and that's the only thing that's good. And if you want to get untill 100% you have to do itagain. And if you get questions wrong, then you have to do it over again that stresses me out.

mikhaelaa
December 4th, 2020

Its so BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS LIKE SO LONG ALTHO IT IS INFORMATIVE to informative like for real

helenm123
January 20th, 2017

I like the HTML and CSS tutorials available on this site. I am an aspiring librarian, so learning computer programming is important to the future of my profession. Surprisingly, it wasn't geared to much towards young children so much that adults would feel strange or get bored learning it. A pleasant surprise. Recommended.

peggyb385
April 9th, 2021

Free classes on wide variety of subjects. I use Khan academy a lot. They also have some good lessons for kids.

jimmyb136
August 22nd, 2019

Khan Academy is great! You can learn so much. I learnt how to do trigonometry, then trigonometry with radians, how to solve some one-dimensional motion physics word problems, cryptography, and yet I'm still learning! It's a great way to study for tests and just having fun while learning!

medb2
May 21st, 2019

Without going to university I start learning on Khan academy YouTube channel for free. The quality of their content make knowledge accessible to every one thank you

ezr248
January 17th, 2017

Bored? Educate yourself :) The service offers a large range of educational materials. I use it from time to time and its just fun

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?