Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 4.12 stars from 41 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Khan Academy also ranks 2nd among Math sites.

How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Helpful though sometimes repetitive”

Celil U.
2/28/20

I follow a couple of managerial and business, SME types, courses here. It contains valuable information; nothing so major or "secret" but it is always good to know that the things you do are confirmed by other people or experts throughout the world. I love the confidence and confirmation that comes after watching each course. II would go for a 4-star, but Khan Academy is giving away a lot for very small help and attention in return. I love it so a 5-star it is.

“"Has it's moments"”

KhanHater M.
4/28/19

Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal!!!!!! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!!!!!!!

celilu
February 28th, 2020
shiorik
February 27th, 2020
I use their courses for every thing I wish to learn, every time before I start learning a new concept either in math or on the web, I check a course here. It helps you guide your mind on the right track. Of course, it cannot replace a university all by its own and for that you need to actually attend courses and be supervised by a teacher/lecturer. But for me, starting something new is the hardest part and Khan academy help me in that regard.
khanhaterm
April 28th, 2019
helenm123
January 20th, 2017
I like the HTML and CSS tutorials available on this site. I am an aspiring librarian, so learning computer programming is important to the future of my profession.Surprisingly, it wasn't geared to much towards young children so much that adults would feel strange or get bored learning it. A pleasant surprise. Recommended.
barbrak3
July 19th, 2017
Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip:NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate).Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with @Reba F.
ezr248
January 17th, 2017
Bored? Educate yourself :) The service offers a large range of educational materials. I use it from time to time and its just fun
jimmyb136
August 22nd, 2019
Khan Academy is great! you can learn so much. I learnt how to do trigonometry, then trigonometry with radians, how to solve some one-dimensional motion physics word problems, cryptography, and yet I'm still learning! It's a great way to study for tests and just having fun while learning!
medb2
May 21st, 2019
without going to university I start learning on Khan academy YouTube channel for free . the quality of their content make knowledge accessible to every one thank you
williamb1075
April 18th, 2019
I am a 47 year old who decided to finally get my high school diploma after 30 years. I unintentionally ran across Khan Academy in an attempt to 'brush-up' on math.

I noticed that Sal Khan has this 'relaxed' way of speaking while explaining how to do math that causes you to also relax as you learn. That made learning very easy. It kept my interest and actually made it sort of fun.

After 30 years having no dealings with academic studies whatsoever, I studied with Khan Academy for a few months and received an overall 82% on my TASC Test (which I discovered has been a replacement for the traditional G.E.D. of my generation). For math specifically, I received a 78%.

They have a fantastic thing going on there and I would recommend it to any and everyone! Highly effective.
basakburcus
October 3rd, 2019
It is great that the videos of the educational subjects are told with a superior approach and language. The choice of images and presentation is successful in terms of analysis of the subject. Offers in-depth examples.
stellah22
April 19th, 2018
Excellent free place to learn. I especially like the detailed videos; they look professional. I would like it if they had a Q&A or email function that let me talk to the instructors on the videos in real time.
corettaw4
November 24th, 2018
Excellent learning tool, great variety of topics to choose from, website looks great and is very easy to find what I'm looking for. Teachers are very professional and eager to teach.
loric102
October 13th, 2017
Great tutorial website with lots of informative videos on numerous math concepts. We enjoy Beestar better as it has more practice questions and helps the kids more with the exams. However both website work really well and it helps our kids refresh their memory when they forget some math concepts.
jonathanh64
April 22nd, 2016
They honestly are the reason I have been able to get through some of my harder classes.
Great style, fairly clear and much better organized than if I just went to their YouTube page.
linna6
November 14th, 2017
Having a bad teacher in organic chemistry, this site have been crucial for my studies and really have saved me!
kathys49
February 26th, 2015
Based on our experience, Khan Academy works well together with Beestar. My son started with Beestar's math program two years ago. He receives weekly math exercise for free. The questions are very attractive. Many of them come from real life to help students better understand math concepts. When sometimes he got confused about a concept, he would watch the video lesson on Khan Academy for in depth explanation.
Beestar is a user-friendly site. As a parent, I can monitor his progress online any time I want. As I have seen, his math performance is getting much better in the past two years. Now he's the top student at school. He likes to meet other competitive students from nationwide on Beestar. They even started an online math discusstion group. I feel happy for him and hope to see more miracles on him.
takhimh
April 29th, 2014
This website is so awesome. I see videos about math and science everyday and best of its free
kayalynk
July 20th, 2014
The people running Khan Academy all deserve medals. The website is easy to use, the team is quick to respond to questions, and the content of the lessons are excellent. A great supplementary tool for kids in High School, or a way to stay learning as an adult. There are classes for everyone, and the ease of use makes it super accessible.
larsl4
January 21st, 2013
Thanks to Khan Academy, I've been able to access educational material in an easy and entertaining way.

I highly recommend it!
miac
October 18th, 2012
If you ever have spare time and want to learn a thing or two about something maybe you never even thought you might be interested in, this is definitely the sight for you. The sight was established for those who could not somehow get an education (mostly due to financial issues). It is a great website and the best part is, it's FREE!
panchapagesanr
July 5th, 2013
I have been tutoring students for the last 3 years and review my lessons on this website.
It is very detailed and informative
micheall25
September 7th, 2017
khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. just shut down please. this is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? its you not me.
martys17
December 26th, 2013
Simply, quit reading these reviews and get to the site. For what Khan Academy provides, there is none better. Now...GO!!!
chrisj34
March 8th, 2013
If you want to learn or review a college course, I suggest you to take a look at this website.
ianm11
July 1st, 2011
Excellent online educational source. This site has over 2 400 videos covering topics from arithmetic to physics, finance and history. It is beneficial to people of all ages. It could be used for high-school students or even adults that want to improve their skills, or for those oldies that want to refresh their memory. This site is highly recommended.

It is not a solution designed for exams. Exam preparation is a whole different world. You need to consider that at Khan academy the information is not arranged in a way to fulfill all the criteria in SAT. It is helpful to illustrate some baffling points, especially in math, but one must not limit one's self to the content of Khan Academy.

By Shiori K.

There is an old adage in education , that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

It does not help whatsoever. My son's grades in fact went down after his school enlisted him to participate in this program.

By Elon M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.1
Have a question about Khan Academy?