Review of Khan Academy

Tel: 1465491773
privacy@khanacademy.org

basakburcus
10/3/19

It is great that the videos of the educational subjects are told with a superior approach and language. The choice of images and presentation is successful in terms of analysis of the subject. Offers in-depth examples.

jimmyb136
8/22/19

Khan Academy is great! you can learn so much. I learnt how to do trigonometry, then trigonometry with radians, how to solve some one-dimensional motion physics word problems, cryptography, and yet I'm still learning! It's a great way to study for tests and just having fun while learning!

medb2
5/21/19

without going to university I start learning on Khan academy YouTube channel for free . the quality of their content make knowledge accessible to every one thank you

khanhaterm
4/28/19

Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal!!!!!! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!!!!!!!

williamb1075
4/18/19

I am a 47 year old who decided to finally get my high school diploma after 30 years. I unintentionally ran across Khan Academy in an attempt to 'brush-up' on math.

I noticed that Sal Khan has this 'relaxed' way of speaking while explaining how to do math that causes you to also relax as you learn. That made learning very easy. It kept my interest and actually made it sort of fun.

After 30 years having no dealings with academic studies whatsoever, I studied with Khan Academy for a few months and received an overall 82% on my TASC Test (which I discovered has been a replacement for the traditional G.E.D. of my generation). For math specifically, I received a 78%.

They have a fantastic thing going on there and I would recommend it to any and everyone! Highly effective.

corettaw4
11/24/18

Excellent learning tool, great variety of topics to choose from, website looks great and is very easy to find what I'm looking for. Teachers are very professional and eager to teach.

stellah22
4/19/18

Excellent free place to learn. I especially like the detailed videos; they look professional. I would like it if they had a Q&A or email function that let me talk to the instructors on the videos in real time.

linna6
11/14/17

Having a bad teacher in organic chemistry, this site have been crucial for my studies and really have saved me!

loric102
10/13/17

Great tutorial website with lots of informative videos on numerous math concepts. We enjoy Beestar better as it has more practice questions and helps the kids more with the exams. However both website work really well and it helps our kids refresh their memory when they forget some math concepts.

micheall25
9/7/17

khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. just shut down please. this is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? its you not me.

alanc106
9/1/17

For those of you who think this is bad, you should try Aleks. Khan Academy is way better than Aleks and actually helps you with videos made by ACTUAL PROFESSIONALS unlike Aleks. Hate Aleks? I suggest you give this a try.

barbrak3
7/19/17

Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip:NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate).Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with @Reba F.

rebaf3
5/1/17

NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS THAT KEEP ME FROM LEARNING. THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR REDONE AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SUE THEM. IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I HATE SCHOOL IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE KHAN ACADEMY IS RETARDED AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE A WEBSITE. IT DOESNT HELP ANYBODY LEARN. THE VIDOES AND HINTS MAKE YOU LOOSE POINTS AND THEY ARENT EVEN HELPFUL. SOMEBODY PLEASE SUE KHAN ACADEMY BECAUSE IT HAS NO PURPOSE AND IS DRIVING MY ENTIRE SCHOOL CRAZY!!!!!

helenm123
1/20/17

I like the HTML and CSS tutorials available on this site. I am an aspiring librarian, so learning computer programming is important to the future of my profession.Surprisingly, it wasn't geared to much towards young children so much that adults would feel strange or get bored learning it. A pleasant surprise. Recommended.

ezr248
1/17/17

Bored? Educate yourself :) The service offers a large range of educational materials. I use it from time to time and its just fun

jonathanh64
4/22/16

They honestly are the reason I have been able to get through some of my harder classes.
Great style, fairly clear and much better organized than if I just went to their YouTube page.

stacyr35
12/14/15

Khan Academy is a really good studying tool. The instructor explains things in user- friendly terms and gives helpful tips to remember things. What's amazing too is they have practice test that gives answers and explanations. Even if you get a question wrong you can see why it's wrong and in return correct your mistakes. So not only are you learning in the tutorial you are also learning is the practice test. Khan academy have the tools to really make you grasp the concept of something. This whole organization has been a study partner and tutor for me. Now that's how teach math!

rh615
11/28/15

Maybe it works for people who are trying to learn PART of a topic, but for people who are working seriously, this website SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
I missed a unit of trigonometry and my teacher told me Khan academy should help me get caught up. He was planning to help with me with parts of it, but expects me to learn the majority of it on Khan.
I got on. Looked through the trigonometry lessons. Looked through the precalc lessons. Searched the videos. Scrolled through dozens of options.
THERE WAS NOTHING.
According to my textbook AND teacher, this was the most important unit in trigonometry, and Khan had NOTHING on it.
The website is awful. Stay away.

heatherb64
6/18/15

They need to let you have a second try and if you get it right than count that a a check!!!!!!!! It is SOOOOOO annoying!!!

kathys49
2/26/15

Based on our experience, Khan Academy works well together with Beestar. My son started with Beestar's math program two years ago. He receives weekly math exercise for free. The questions are very attractive. Many of them come from real life to help students better understand math concepts. When sometimes he got confused about a concept, he would watch the video lesson on Khan Academy for in depth explanation.
Beestar is a user-friendly site. As a parent, I can monitor his progress online any time I want. As I have seen, his math performance is getting much better in the past two years. Now he's the top student at school. He likes to meet other competitive students from nationwide on Beestar. They even started an online math discusstion group. I feel happy for him and hope to see more miracles on him.

bridgetl1
9/20/14

I used to love khanacademy, I thought it finally made math fun. But after a while, it got kind of old, and it wasn't as much fun. The graphics and site quality is really good. But some of the problem wording is really confusing, and some of it just isn't that engaging. I'm guessing a majority of people will disagree with me, but I just didnt think that it stayed interesting after you saw it for a while.

ehsnd
7/23/14

The new regime at Khan Academy have been very successful at sucking all the fun out of learning math.

kayalynk
7/20/14

The people running Khan Academy all deserve medals. The website is easy to use, the team is quick to respond to questions, and the content of the lessons are excellent. A great supplementary tool for kids in High School, or a way to stay learning as an adult. There are classes for everyone, and the ease of use makes it super accessible.

takhimh
4/29/14

This website is so awesome. I see videos about math and science everyday and best of its free

martys17
12/26/13

Simply, quit reading these reviews and get to the site. For what Khan Academy provides, there is none better. Now...GO!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There is an old adage in education , that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

Questions? Get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Khan Academy?