Review of TheBodyShop

Tel: 1-800-263-9746
weborder@thebodyshop.com

tl100
10/2/18

They greet/help some customers, but not others. Once, I asked a lady a question about an item, and she answered in the most condescending way possible, like I was lower than trash. I'm always well-dressed, polite, and appreciative, so it's even more unacceptable how I'm always ignored and treated as subhuman.

Then I saw a white girl who looked very average, and was dressed very average - nothing fashionable or expensive-looking. She rudely asked the same employee to look for something in the back for her, and the employee lovingly obliged - anything to help a "superior" white customer.

I was in the store for a long time, obviously looking to buy. I sniffed scents, applied products, and handled merchandise. The two employees there definitely saw me the whole time, just totally failed to say anything to me. But as soon as white customers came in, they rushed to help them and assist them like angels.

I bought something, and the employee was very rude and cold - like the last thing she wanted to do was interact with me. She told me something about the credit card machine in the most demeaning manner.

I'm never shopping in Body Shop stores again.

Their website has a lot of products and constant sales - but is difficult to navigate. They do not have free return shipping through the mail.

Their products are pretty bad, in general, and I've tried quite a few of them. Their Shea Butter in the plastic tub is one of the worst body lotions ever - doesn't moisturize at all. I've tried 2 of the body polish cleansers - both useless, doesn't clean well or feel good. Their classic hemp hand cream makes hands very soft - but the scent just doesn't seem as amazing, in a dark and edgy way, as it used to.

Poor products, bad customer service - just don't go/shop there.

paulinap11
8/27/18

I placed an order and it took 3 weeks to arrive. Their products are okay. Some products could use help.

sarahm571
8/12/18

Been shopping there for years. Love the products. Could be organic but if not then it still is reasonably made and environmentally friendly.

tamarac19
2/13/18

Some products can be on the high end for pricing; however they have sales regularly. If you wait for sales 40-70% off sometimes with free shipping you can get some fantastic deals.
I have never waited more than a week for items to be delivered, including boxing day sale which was their busy time. Never been disappointed in quality of products I received.
Favorite is the body butters, love the soft, subtle scent of coconut body butter and the Strawberry Body Butter. Fragrance lasts all day but not overbearing and skin is noticeably softer to touch. Husband loves the hemp lotion as he works outside all winter and it really heals and protects his skin from winter chapping and cracks.

vanessaa28
11/21/16

On 11/19 there was an online promotion on their body butters list $12 with 40% off with free shipping. At check out it clearly stated that I qualified for free shipping + 40%off. When I entered the discount code for some reason it did go through, I figured I would just call customer service and they would put my purchase through however that was not the case. When speaking to the manager at customer service she basically called me a liar. She said the price couldn't have been stated as such and refused to honour the promotion. Although I love TBS butters they will not be getting my business anymore for the way I was treated.

makenziem
5/16/16

My husband purchased The Body Shop's Vitamin E skin care kit for me for Christmas. I haven't stopped using their products since. The toner and the night cream are my new holy grain moisterizer and cleanser. Since then I've ordered from their website many times. One time I ordered the full size Vineyard Peach body butter (along with the Green Candied Apple body butter). Everyone online raved about the amazing peach scent so of course I had to get it! When it arrived I smelled it and it smelled more like sage than peaches. I went to my closest Body Shop store and asked if I could exchange it. All they had to do was look up my order on the computer and said yep we'd be happy to make the exchange. I grabbed the Morninga Body Butter and was out of there in 5 minutes! Great customer service, so helpful and easy to work with. Not to mention the scents are to die for and their skincare products are fantastic!

hannahs28
Hush S.
9/5/15

You know the idea of cruelty free means the WHOLE company is no just a branch and the body shop's mother company is L'OREAL and they still love using Peter rabbit and thumper as test subjects.

sandraz1
10/8/14

Place my order a month ago
Still not shipped
no gonna buy anything from there ever again

lesleye
4/11/11

Just bought some lovely body butter from here. Keep an eye out for the sales that they regularly have. You can quite often get free delivery on items too. Delivery is always quick and the items are well packed.
Plus you can rest in the knowledge that no animals were harmed making these products :)

Questions? Get answers from the TheBodyShop staff and other customers.

TheBodyShop?