Swipebids

Swipebids has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 135 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Swipebids also ranks 99th among Auction sites. The most common issues with Swipebids are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I used some of my bids to win and purchase some more bid packs...

• By the time I got done entering my credit card information I realized they took me for $150!
  • So now I am in with 300 bids at 0.50 cents each Ok?
How would you rate Swipebids?

“I've had nothing but good experiences with SwipeBids”

Sandy C.
7/1/10

I've had nothing but good experiences with SwipeBids. I'd tried BidCactus before but it was getting to be too complicated. SwipeBids is much easier to use. It's true you have to pay $150 up front which seems like a lot, but for the experience it was worth it for me. Once I had won a bunch of bid packs I was able to deal with the bigger auctions fairly well. Obviously you have to pay attention to the bidding process but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. I know I've saved more money overall then I've paid for my bids, so I'm happy.

“Unsatisfied”

Akiba S.
8/17/17

I lost my money also went on the site. Did not know that I would get swindled out of $150 back on 8/01/2010. I did not win no bids and of course they would not refund my money, because according to them I did not qualify for it. I would give them no stars but it would not let me.

credit card (43) 300 bids (13) customer service (17) 30 days (9) 30 day money (6) refund (47) account (23) email address (8) zip code (5) site operator (5) auction sites (7) refund request form (6)
sandyc1
July 1st, 2010
akibas
August 17th, 2017
michaelk8
August 6th, 2010
You have to admit. SwipeBids is an awesome concept... for SwipeBids's owners that is, not necessarily you and me doing the bidding. People here are writing that it is a scam. It's not a scam and why would it be. Think about it. It costs $. 50 a bid and each bid raises the price $. 01. For an item auctioning off at a current price of $20, SwipeBids has already made... let's see... let's do the math... 100 bids for each dollar, 20 dollars, 20 times 100, equals 2000 bids... hmmm, at $. 50 a bid, hmmm, that looks like a $1000 in the pocket of SwipeBids from you and me. $1000 dollars! If the bid is up to $200, that's $10,000 people! No need to scam, their making money hand over fist. I want to start a site just like it! Only if I new how.

Anyways, awesome concept. Bravo SwipteBids. People bid up the prices themselves. Especially if they already have a lot invested in their bidding. No bots. It's hard to stop if your already out $100 and their is always someone else, with the same dilema, bidding against you.
jackc8
July 30th, 2010
Okay, I was just a click away from signing up for this website and on second thought I did some search and came across this blog... Seriously I was about to fall for this scam. Thanks to you all I backed out. Sorry you all have to go thru this type of scam, and my concern is why not file a complain about this site to FBI. Also News9 is equally responsible if that little news headline they are playing on swipebids.com is true. They shud be sued for every penny... lets all join to file a lawsuit against this website and also news9..
eddyk8
January 12th, 2014
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW SO CALLED REAL SHOPPERS ON AUCTION SITES AND SHOPPING ADS SHOWN ON TV SHOWING REAL CUSTMERS SAYING HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MADE JUST BY SHOPPING?$$ HOW CAN THAT BE? SOUNDS LIKE FREE MONEY---? IM SURE ITS NOT THAT EASY!$ I KNOW THERES LOTS SCAMS. IV BEEN A VICTIM FROM SCAMS AT TIMES- SO HOW CAN THEY CLAIM THIS LEGALY? I STAY AWAY FROM AUCTION WEB SITES. ANY BODY KNOW HOW THEY SAY THEY GOT BACK SO MUCH MONEY JUST BY SHOPPING?
kenj3
July 7th, 2010
I have to admit I "got took" when I first checked this site out and was charged $150.00 on my credit card... I asked for a refund and was given the run around which really ticked me off... My credit card company gave me an even bigger run around which REALLY ticked me off. I decided I was going to get my money back one way or the other so the first thing I did was call *******870 and cancelled the recurring monthly charge for more bids (it's been almost 11/2 months and there haven't been any other charges from them). Then I took some time to watch how things worked... I found if you bid between 1 and 4 am and 2 to 5 pm, and if you start small, and if you wait (let everybody else burn their bids because when the auction first starts everybody and their mothers are bidding on the same prize) don't waste bids you stand a much better chance at winning... With the 300 bids I received when I "signed up" I started small, my first win was one of the MP3 players which I won using 14 bids and I paid $1.87 and then $9.50 for shipping... Not too bad $25 value for $11.73... I then set my sights on a portable dvd player valued at $109.00... Used a little over 60 bids and paid $6.37 + $9.50 shipping... Next I went after an Apple iPod, didn't win this one because I didn't click quite quick enough... So I decided to try and go for one of the big ones... A Mac Book valued at $999... I used some of my bids to win and purchase some more bid packs... I only went for the 40 bid and 75 bid, bid packs (mostly the 75 bid packs, better value) which both start at a dollar... I paid and average of about $1.05 for each (again the time of day greatly increases the odds of winning at a lower overall cost to you) and bought $65.00 worth... I now had almost 4700 bids and at 5 bids a crack for one of these computers I figured I had to try and play it smart... First only bid on one item at a time... Click on the pic of the prize you want and it will take you to the item's description page... Here you can use the Autobidder feature (you have to be careful or you will use all of your bids up at once)... I waited until the computer was up to $73.00 and the bids were starting to really slow down (the timer was getting to 1 or 2 seconds) and their were only 2 or 3 people still bidding... I put 500 bids (cost me 2500 bids at 5 bids a pop) on Autobidder (nice thing about autobidder is when you have bids on it and somebody elses bid timer has to count down from the 10 to 12 second mark it bids for you at the 1 or 2 second mark and only adds 4 seconds back onto the timer instead of the normal 10 or 12 seconds) and let it go... After using a little over 300 of my bids (it costs 5 bids a pop but the auction price only goes up a penny) I had my Mac computer for a little under $80.00 + $9.50 shipping... Now to wait and see if any of it showed up... They sent an email to me giving me what looked like a USPS confirmation number so I went to USPS and it wasn't a good number... Right away went online to swipebids and asked them what was going on and was told that they use UPS Mail Innovations and that UPS had my package and it would go to one of these centers where it would be put into the USPS system... Sure enough two days later I had my MP3 player and my portable dvd player in my hands... The following Monday I received my Mac... All were brand new and sealed in the original boxes... Well I had gotten my money back and then some... Did take my winnings and run... NOT A CHANCE... Since then I have completed all 20 levels of my Reward Challenge (got a 27 inch quad core iMac $2400 value +10,000 bids) + two daily contests (a Mac computer for each) + HP Pro Book + 32 inch Panasonic HDTV (and it only cost $9.50 for shipping) + 2 Wii family Bundles + a Canon Rebel with 1000 bids + 2 Sony PSPs + a home entertainment system with 1000 bids + 7 hourly contests for a $100.00 Walmart gift card for each... So, to all of you that think swipebids is a ripoff... You just didn't play things right... To prove it I got a friend of mine to try swipebids using my strategies and he won his first computer faster than I did... To date I have won a little under $9000. 00 in prizes and gift cards (Still haven't won my iPod) Next is an Apple iPad... It will be tougher because they are so popular and in demand...
williamm14
September 21st, 2010
This is an absolute scam. When yo register there i no information that you credit card will be charged $139.00. Try to cancel and you must send it in on their form. Suggest that you challenge the credit card and file a formal complaint with both the FTC and your state consumer division.

They are purportedly a British based company. I tried asking them for their corporate name and they refused to give it to me or even what state they were registered in.

William R. Martin
Venice, FL 34293
judyj
August 22nd, 2010
If there were a lower rating, I'd give it. You can't win. If you do supposedly 'win', they charge so much shipping you wind up losing. They charge $150 up front, then sometimes trick people into making monthly payments on top of that. If you like these auctions sites, try Quibids--at least they're upfront and fair, with no hidden charges, and you have a decent chance of winning.
bradw2
June 28th, 2010
This is an auction type scam that can't be legal for long if it is. Bidding on more bids? What's even worse is that the one hundred and fifty dollar sign-up fee is not all. They conveniently don't tell you that you have subscribed to an 11.95 a month fee unless pressured quite a while. It's the biggest nothing I've ever purchased and I didn't even get that tattoo of Stupido on my forehead.
waic
August 18th, 2010
Swipebids.com! It's real scam, like a Monster. Easily you can spend 1000 bucks easily without merchandise.

Ex. When you participate this auction, they took out member fee $159 from your VISA automatically. And If they $ 1000 LCD TV put on auction, they robbed maybe $ 500 easy until auction finished from you and other customers individually, win or not. Because you should buy bid money minimum $150.00.
Never start this dangerous game, it's really crook. Never! Never!
davidr17
August 14th, 2010
I basically concur with everything that's been said. I registered only to find that I was charged $150.00. Then I try some bidding and sink a little deeper. Then I try the AutoBidder which really did number on my number of bids I had saved up. Between me not knowing what I was doing and the fact that you can not change any of your credit card info on file prompted me to cancel the card and take my lumps ($). Not recommended.
renek
September 5th, 2010
My husband put his 2 month old Blackberry Curve in the washing machine by accident. Was looking for a new one (less than $250) if possible and thought swipebids.com might be the answer. Man, I am glad I read your reviews and that you make it possible for me to read up on them before they take MY money too. Thanks for the help and best of luck to you guys who need to get your money back.
dt12
March 18th, 2012
I lost my money. Swipebids.com is a scam!
garyc2
July 1st, 2010
Complete Scam. Anyone seeing a positive News report on their TV should now contact that same news organization and report the big scam that is going on to encourage them to rebroadcast what is really happening to unsuspecting people. Maybe enough people doing this will make it public faster that these people are complete crooks. And, hopefully some Federal organization will throw their asses in jail and ban the site immediately.
ronw1
June 12th, 2010
I bought the bait. How slammed I felt after entering my credit card information for what I thought was if I purchased my $30 laptop, or for shipping costs. Then to see an e-mail "Receipt" for $150. This $150 is for my "free" bids = 300 bids for 50 cents each. A refund after a 90 day review. They sure take your money quickly! I saw a decent review by a TV news program. What a scam. Oh yeah, if you bid just as the time runs out, more time is added on! So no one really wins. Would someone put them behind bars?
joshh2
July 5th, 2010
I was genuinely interested in this site and was OK with giving it my personal information. After letting my guard down for a minute to "sign up", suddenly I got an email about a new $150 charge for a "one year membership"! I was furious! The online support was no help and only after much searching I found a phone number *******870. After an hour of arguing I was told that my "refund" would be sent in 5-10 days! Even if it is a legit auction site, no company should ever start off a relationship like this. STAY AWAY!
randyj
November 4th, 2010
A MAJOR rip off! They took my $159.00 from my account and when i discovered that i contacted the company for my $159.00. Swipebids had me download the proper paperwork for the refund, i filled it out and sent it in! It stated that i wait 2 weeks before contacting them! I did and the customer service person said they are shutting down and can't pay me my $159.00! Don't walk run from any of these online auction sites! RJ
marcias
May 13th, 2010
This site disguises the fact that they will charge your credit card without your knowing. They charged me 1,150. I canceled my card before the charge went through, but what a hassle! Luckily, I read the many scathing & angry reviews right after I had stupidly signed up to participate in auctions--which, by the way, you can't win.
michaelp12
June 6th, 2010
This site looks like most of the other so called penny auction sites. They promise cheap prices on huge ticket items, however if you even watch the ongoing auctions, you can see that items about to end continuously get rebid on by supposed buyers. Generally speaking these will just be bots the website uses to make sure you don't win any of the auctions for less than what they are worth :p.
lindad5
June 17th, 2010
Swipe is accurate of what they do they say it cost 1 cent then rip you off for $150.00. I think a class action Lawsuit should be done anyone interested in starting one let me know. Any Lawyers willing to help with this?. Never did I read I would be charged $150.00 just like everyone else. I will never be done this way again... **Please do not let them rip anyone else off**
betsyt
June 21st, 2010
IMPORTANT: If you are scammed by SwipeBids, do not take the time to fill out their Money-Back Guarantee form. This is a ploy to prove to the bank that you understood what you were engaging in. Simply, call up your bank, state your credit card was stolen, and that you noticed it with the SwipeBids charge. Your bank will remove this charge, you will get your money back, and it will help shut down sites like SwipeBids due to high chargeback ratios.
davidb26
September 29th, 2010
These guys are criminals. Do not give them any of your data. Do not explore the site as they will steal information from you. I have experienced unauthorized charges and these have continued despite hours with their so-called "support" staff. AVOID!
jorges
August 27th, 2010
Thank you all for the reviews. I was just about ready to sign up with swipebids.com but when right up front they asked me for my credit card number and got a little suspicious and decided to google "swipebids reviews". Ended up on this site and found that all the comments are very consistent and very "$#@!" so you guys saved me a lot of headaches and muchos pesos. Thanks again.
davidh16
August 9th, 2010
This website is very misleading and is totally designed to to just suck money out of bidders and to deliver nothing., by the time you figure out what they are up to you have lost many, many, many dollars and when you complain about it to them they refund your sign up charge and refuse to refund any other charges. This site should be stopped immediately. If you have been ripped off by this company please report it and lets stop this!
rodneym
May 19th, 2010
I never even got to actual bidding scam and they ripped me off! I was stupidly signing up for this before reading up, and when it came to the credit card info part it kept telling me that it was not accepting my card, to re enter my information or try a different card. I tried a few times to still have it not work next thing you know i check my debit account and i have 5 $150 charges on one account and 1 $150 charge on another! These ripoff artists have nabbed $900 USD. I contacted their "on line support" which only feeds back to you programmed answers, however they did give me a contact number and tell me that the money would be refunded in 5-10 days. I froze my accounts and contacted the phone number only for them to say that the charges had not gone through, they gave me an email to send my dispute to and proof of my account postings. Guess we will see how much I've lost in the next 10 days.

-- Pissed Off Marine

Swipe auctions (previously swipebids) is indeed a scam. you can find out more informations about this scam and get advice from other victims at these websites: http://industrypace.com/frontpage/2010/10/5/alleged-scam-swipebids-swipeauctions-tied-to-acai-peddler-je.html http://strangelyperfect.tv/8740/the-three-rules-of-trust-using-swipeauctionsbids-as-an-example/ http://www.webcops.net/just_think_media_spam_scams_8001.html http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2010/05/swipebids-jesse-willms/ http://strangelyperfect.tv/7955/facebook-msnbc-jesse-willms-swipe-auctions-and-doctored-photos/ http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2713089 http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/09/22/beware-the-31-47-ipad/ http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item3561 http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4138888/the-face-that-launched-a-global-ad-scam http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ctvnews/20100320/edm_w5investigation_100320/20100320/?hub=edmontonhome http://www.scamraiders.com/forum/topics/swipebids-are-scam-artists http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.swipeauctions.com and many more! been scammed by swipe auctions? file complaints with the ftc at: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ftc_wizard.aspx?lang=en also with the attorney general of your state. company to report: 1524948 alberta ltd d/b/a swipeauctions.com just think media / terra marketing group suite 204,85 cranford way sherwood park, alberta, canada t8h 0h9 ceo: jesse willms phone: 866-521-8873 (866) 336-6735 also report companies promoting swipeauctions scam: intermark media (copeac) clickbooth, epic media (azoogle) and neverblue ads.

Do the BBB in alberta canada... i just got the items i won for fighting with swipebids for 5 months... that will get you results... it did me

By mischelle b.