Review of Swipebids

Tel: +61-300-363992
swipebids.com@contactprivacy.com

akibas
8/17/17

I lost my money also went on the site. Did not know that I would get swindled out of $150 back on 8/01/2010. I did not win no bids and of course they would not refund my money, because according to them I did not qualify for it. I would give them no stars but it would not let me.

eddyk8
1/12/14

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW SO CALLED REAL SHOPPERS ON AUCTION SITES AND SHOPPING ADS SHOWN ON TV SHOWING REAL CUSTMERS SAYING HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MADE JUST BY SHOPPING??$$ HOW CAN THAT BE? SOUNDS LIKE FREE MONEY---?? IM SURE ITS NOT THAT EASY!!$ I KNOW THERES LOTS SCAMS. IV BEEN A VICTIM FROM SCAMS AT TIMES- SO HOW CAN THEY CLAIM THIS LEGALY ? I STAY AWAY FROM AUCTION WEB SITES. ANY BODY KNOW HOW THEY SAY THEY GOT BACK SO MUCH MONEY JUST BY SHOPPING??

dt12
3/18/12

I lost my money. Swipebids.com is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

candym1
1/21/11

Looks like a scam to me.

trishh
12/3/10

this is a 100% rip off, they say that if you don't win something on your initial buy in of 250.00 dollars you get more bids..but... be careful because if you buy a bid package of let's say 40 bids they consider that winning. ALSO, by error another 250 dollar bid package was purchased (clicked too many times) when I called them they wouldn't even consider giving it back.. now out 450.00 and no products! STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY! RIPE OFF FOR SURE

karls
11/26/10

my experience in attempting a 3rd time for my refund from swipebids

Peter#SA2252: Thank you for visiting SwipeAuctions.com Livechat Line. Our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service while assisting you with any questions or concerns you may have. May we start with your name please?

you: karl

Peter#SA2252: I would be happy to assist you with your concern, so in order to pull up the details of your account; can you please provide me with your full name, e-mail address and zip code?

you: karl schatz karlschatz@comcast.net 19341

Peter#SA2252: SwipeAuctions is winding down operations due to merchant shutting down our processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, SwipeAuctions is unable to issue any refunds for membership fees (see the SwipeAuctions Terms & Conditions). During SwipeAuctions wind down period, all products corresponding to already paid winning auctions will be shipped in accordance with the Terms & Conditions.

you: where is my refund from weeks ago?

Peter#SA2252: We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced in obtaining your refund. Unfortunately, we have not been able to process the refund through our Merchant account since they have denied all refunds. We do however want to work together with you to obtain your refund. Kindly e-mail our support team at support@swipeauctions.com. Please provide them with your name, email address, address, postal/zip code, and as much of your information as possible to assist them to locate your account. The Support Team will then provide you with a Release of Funds Authorization Form. This is the form you will need to provide to your Bank or CC Company to obtain a refund. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for response from our support team who will respond during the working hours of Monday Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST.

you: you are full of $#*!..I will just file a fraud issue with my bank

you: I have already filled out all the forms I am going to

you: so $#*! off

Peter#SA2252: Please refrain from using abusing language. If you continue to do so, this chat session will be discontinued.

you: awww...so you steal my money and I am supposed to be happy?

Peter#SA2252: It has always been our intention to refund our valuable customers as per our Money Back Guarantee, but with the merchant account shutting down and not allowing us to refund, we are unable to assist you any further with a refund. As previously stated, we are willing to work together with you to obtain a refund, so kindly e-mail the required information to support@swipeauctions.com so they can further assist you in obtaining your refund.

you: work wiht me?....you lie like a rug

Peter#SA2252: I sincerely apologize, but I have no further details to provide to you at this time. As a livechat agent, I have not been fully informed of all the details behind the shutdown. Therefore; I am simply unable to assist you with any further information.

you: so my money assisted middle east terrorists since nothing was ever won or sold?

you: it was all a scam?

you: maddoff incoporated?

Peter#SA2252: SwipeAuctions is most certainly not a scam.

you: hhhahahahahaha...yeah..ok..so where is my money?

Peter#SA2252: Please e-mail our support team at support@swipeauctions.com. Please provide them with your name, email address, address, postal/zip code, and as much of your information as possible to assist them to locate your account. The Support Team will then provide you with a Release of Funds Authorization Form. This is the form you will need to provide to your Bank or CC Company to obtain a refund.

you: no..not at all....I already filled out a form and requested a refund....if what you say is true,..I would have been contacted regarding that...not have to contact you to find out this bs...you are crooks....plain and simple...just admit it...wire fraud..can't wait to read about yopu in jail

Peter#SA2252: I apologize, but the refund form for our Money Back Guarantee is not the issue with obtaining your refund. We have been denied access to the funds to issue the refund through our merchant account. Therefore; that is why we recommend that you e-mail support@swipeauctions.com to request a Release of Authorization Notice form. This form is required by most Banks/CC Companies to assist you in obtaining your refund.

you: I will send this conversation to my bank...because what I sent you already would have been enough to send me the needed info..you stole from me...plain and simple

you: you already have all my information regarding my requst

you: I was born at night...it just wasn't last night

edithb1
11/6/10

I am sorry to say but I was one of the sucker who also fell for swipebids.com. I wasn't aware of the $150 charge for membership until I saw it on my bank account. I contacted them through live chat and told me what i need to do for a refund. I used up all my 300 bids plus i didn't win any bids plus i wasn't satisfied with the service. I contacted them again and told me i qualified for the refund and so I printed out the refund request form filled it out, attached all paper work required made copies of everything sent them, mailed it out certified. I called their customer service number and talked to them and told them that i had mailed out the form via certified and that they had received the letters. The customer rep told me that i did qualify and that i was getting my refund through check in two weeks because they were having technical dificulties and they couldn't refund my money back to my account. Two weeks passed, then a month passed, I called them back and asked them about my refund check and those S.O.B told me i didn't qualify for the refund and therefore were not giving me back my money. I was super upset that I told the lady off with every bad word i could think of and what i thought of their website. DO NOT GET SUCKERED LIKE I DID. I am so ready for a legal suite.

sharis1
11/5/10

The swipebids website is now defunk. I tried to get my $150 dollars back and never got anything. When it was actually put on Channel 2 news in Orlando I thought it would be a good website...but Channel 2 news has caused a lot of people to loose a lot of money. Shame on you Channel 2 for this.

junep
11/4/10

Yes I was skillfully conned out of $180 for a one year subscription. I tried to get my money back and had to give up trying, so I decided to cut my losses and just play to win instead. After less than 6 weeks into my one year subscription they started to make it impossible for me to access into my account so I could continue playing even though my subscription is agreed for a year and I have bids to play with??? So now I have spent $181 simply to be robbed. I am disabled with no job prospects too so I sincerely hope the crooked owner gets whats coming to him in this life. And why hasn't some authority done something about this site already. How can a US/UK based company get away with this pile of....THE PROPRIETER IS: FREDDY GOMES and a UK contact address is : Circle Media Bids Ltd, 72 High Street, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2LA .....other contact info worth trying is: http://graymobi.com/C/651714294/54188 and 1-866-389-3870 (phone No. I think -Mon - Sat 8am to 9pm and Sun 10am to 6pm)

randyj
11/4/10

A MAJOR rip off!!!! They took my $159.00 from my account and when i discovered that i contacted the company for my $159.00. Swipebids had me download the proper paperwork for the refund, i filled it out and sent it in! It stated that i wait 2 weeks before contacting them! I did and the customer service person said they are shutting down and can't pay me my $159.00!!!!!!!!!! Don't walk run from any of these online auction sites!!!!! RJ

martinl3
11/2/10

THIS WEBSITE IS NOTHING BUT A RIPOFF DO NOT REGISTER CUZ IT SOON YOU REGISTER AND GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $150. AND THEY DON'T TELL YOU UNTIL AFTER. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PEOPLE AND THEY DON'T REFUND YOUR MONEY YOU WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING. I HAVE TRY MANY TIMES AND THEY JUST SAY THEY DON'T REFUND THE MONEY I JUST CONTACT THE STATES ATTORNEY IN COLORADO THIS IS WHERE ALL THE MAIL GOES TO.

demissies
11/1/10

this site is a collection of robbers, they put in terms and conditions that they are refunding your money if you are not satisfied. I adked for refund and was told to fill refund form, but after a month they are telling me that they are not paying any refund. they changed the condition. Why the government is not taking care of this kinds of robbers. look what they say
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Rosy#SA7719'

Rosy#SA7719: Thank you for visiting SwipeAuctions.com Livechat Line. How may I assist you today?

you: Terms of use was sayng that if you are not satisfaid you will get refund of your payment for membership, but now you guys say that you are not giving any refund is that right?

Rosy#SA7719: Swipeauctions is winding down operations due to merchant shutting down our processing and is no longer accepting new customers. In addition, Swipeauctions will not issue refunds for membership fees (see the Swipeauctions' Terms & Conditions). During Swipeauctions' wind down period, all products corresponding to already paid winning auctions will be shipped in accordance with the Terms & Conditions.

you: I saw terms and conditions which was saying you will get refund, untill now when you guys decided not to. It is not good to attract people with one condition a nd change it when you want to. It happens that you ar chitting

Rosy#SA7719: I sincerely apologize, but I have no further details to provide to you at this time. As a livechat agent, I have not been fully informed of all the details behind the shutdown. Therefore; I am simply unable to assist you with any further information.

markm11
10/11/10

SwipeBids did the same to me. I registered and then saw they took $150.00 from my PayPal account. I went back and saw the charge of $150.00 off to the left of the form I was filling out. It was not on the form at all. I went through there "Grantee" procedure to get my money back and at first they said I won something so I can't get my money back. I did not win anything. Then they said that was their mistake and I should expect my money in about 4 weeks. Well I did not see my money and contacted them again. Now they say I have to get my money from my credit card company. On and on this went, finally PayPal being the best to me investigated this situation and refunded me my money, but they never did get their money from SwipeBids. SwipeBids will NOT refund your money no matter what!!!! So consider whatever you give them it is theirs now and you will not get it back no matter what guarantee they have and how precisely you follow the instructions. Mark

leot1
10/11/10

I wish I had seen this post earlier.
Plane and simple do not use this site it is a fruad.. They will tell you to send a form for refund and then say it take 7 days to process, call at 7 then they say 14 call at 14 then they say 21 call at 21 then they say 28.. You get where im going with this.. FRAUD WARNING DO NOT USE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY IST THAT SIMPLE THE AUCTIONS ARE A FAKE.. BUYER BEWARE

leep1
10/8/10

DO NOT ENTER YOUR PAYMENT INFO UNTIL YOU HAVE READ REVIEWS ABOUT THIS SITE. I had no experience with auction sites. Our nightly news featured a story of how they worked and if you were nimble and understood them you could really win something nice. After seeing this on my respectable local news I searched auctions and swipebids popped up. Typically I never enter payment info but it looked harmless. They mentioned their 159.00 fee but I didn't expect my card would be instantly charged. As this was happening our credit card company was calling. There's a red flag! The card company had lots of experience with swipebids. They instructed me to send in swipe's guaranteed refund form via registered mail and if swipe didn't come through our credit card company would help us. Thus I brought up a chat window, requested the form and followed all instructions to the tee. I politely insisted the swipe rep tell me it was not required that I do any bidding to get my refund. I printed the chat and saved it and mailed in the form via registered mail. You have to then wait two weeks and contact swipe again. Another chat session. I inquired to my refund status and the rep told me it was done but may not show up on my card for six days. I requested she tell me the last four digits of the card that swipe credited. It was the right one. Again I printed the chat. True to their word, in six days I saw the refund on my card. I've heard stories of others who didn't get it. I'm not sure if they called their card or sent in the refund form via registered. I suspect that makes a difference. I'm out about 7.50 for the registered letter and pricelessly smarter for the experience. This was our first and now last rip off of this type.

nicolem3
10/5/10

This site is a site of criminals. Before I understand what has happened they have charged my credit card $150.00. I called my credit card company immediatly, not to transfer any money to them.Swipebids listen to my conversation and tried to interupt the conversation. I have Comcast and Swipebids were able to overhear and spy my conversation. Please don't get into the trap of loosing your money. Can you imagine how much money they make on the peoples sufferings?The prison is eager to have these thiefs locked up.We all need to report to the police as soon as possible!

kristyl
10/3/10

I am disgusted. I almost entered my credit card number and then decided to google it first and came across this site. I could not believe the stories I read on here and am thankful I did not enter my credit card number. However, for all the people that were not as lucky as I was to not get scammed, I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau on all of your behalfs. If you happen to read this and you got scammed by swipebids, I encourage you to file with the better business bureau, just as I did, and maybe we can stop these low lifes from scamming anyone else and I enough people file, maybe they can caught and have to pay for what they have done by having to refund money and some jail time.

wandas
9/30/10

This site is a total scam. Before you realized what has happened they have charged your credit card $159.00. I have done everything they told me to do to get my money back to no avail. Please don't get suckered into loosing your money. They have given me nothing but a headache! Big looser in North Carolina

ricky4
9/29/10

There is absolutely "nothing" penny about the whole process. BECAUSE IT COST YOU to just bid on the auctions. You can spend dozens of hours and hundreds of $$$ without ever winning anything!
I will list out the following facts
1) $150 minimum join in, non refundable. Comes with 300 "bids" which will last you may be 5 minutes on a popular item like the Macbook ( without winning it of course )
2) Must buy more "bids" to bid for future items. Or spend your "bids" bidding for
more bids in hope of buying them at a lower rate. Bottom line, each bid carries a cost of $0.025-$0.005
3) Each $0.01 increase in the price displayed on the item being bid on represents 1-50 "bids" spent by some bidder.
4) Example, the Macbook might display a winning bid price of $350. BUT, that is the equivalent of approx. 300,000 individual "bids" all the bidders spend collectively.
5) Assume the winner spent just 20% of that by coming in late and monitoring the auction carefully and diligently without using the automatic bid, he/she would have to spend approx. 3-4 hours of time and anywhere between $600-1,200 (for accumulating 60,000 "bids") before forking up the $350 "winning bid" real money
6) You do the math.

Still think it is a deal?

Additional fact, the last listed top bidder spent over 30 million "bids" on various auctions to win the 2010 Honda Civic listed. Thats like somebody spending over at least $30,000 in buying "bids" and spending them in bidding for various items with an unknown % of successful winning bids plus the price of the winning bids spent for the winning items.
The MSRP for the same car is approx. $16,000

davidb26
9/29/10

These guys are criminals. Do not give them any of your data. Do not explore the site as they will steal information from you. I have experienced unauthorized charges and these have continued despite hours with their so-called "support" staff. AVOID!

pattyw1
9/27/10

I was ripped off $150.00 by this site. Thought I was signing up to place bids on various items and before I knew it, I was charged $150.00 membership on my credit card. Do not use this site!! Please

rippedbyswipebidss
9/25/10

I am a student and lost 150$ falling prey to its gimmicks. I hope the CEO goes to hell asap.

arvindm
9/22/10

hell with this company only ripping innocent people

williamm14
9/21/10

This is an absolute scam. When yo register there i no information that you credit card will be charged $139.00. Try to cancel and you must send it in on their form. Suggest that you challenge the credit card and file a formal complaint with both the FTC and your state consumer division.

They are purportedly a British based company. I tried asking them for their corporate name and they refused to give it to me or even what state they were registered in.

William R. Martin
Venice, FL 34293

andyb4
9/21/10

This women says she got her money back from Swipeauctions so it is possible I suppose: http://swipeauctionsscam.blogspot.com/

I've not tried what she said but I want my money back real bad :(

Swipe Auctions (previously Swipebids) is indeed a scam. You can find out more informations about this scam and get advice from other victims at these websites: http://industrypace.com/frontpage/2010/10/5/alleged-scam-swipebids-swipeauctions-tied-to-acai-peddler-je.html http://strangelyperfect.tv/8740/the-three-rules-of-trust-using-swipeauctionsbids-as-an-example/ http://www.webcops.net/just_think_media_spam_scams_8001.html http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2010/05/swipebids-jesse-willms/ http://strangelyperfect.tv/7955/facebook-msnbc-jesse-willms-swipe-auctions-and-doctored-photos/ http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2713089 http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/09/22/beware-the-31-47-ipad/ http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item3561 http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4138888/The-face-that-launched-a-global-ad-scam http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100320/EDM_w5investigation_100320/20100320/?hub=EdmontonHome http://www.scamraiders.com/forum/topics/swipebids-are-scam-artists http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.swipeauctions.com and many more!! Been scammed by Swipe Auctions? File complaints with the FTC at: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en Also with the Attorney General of your state. Company to report: 1524948 Alberta Ltd d/b/a SwipeAuctions.com Just Think Media / Terra Marketing Group Suite 204, 85 Cranford Way Sherwood Park, Alberta, CANADA T8H 0H9 CEO: Jesse Willms Phone: 866-521-8873 (866) 336-6735 Also report companies promoting SwipeAuctions scam: Intermark Media (Copeac) Clickbooth, Epic Media (Azoogle) and Neverblue Ads.

Here is the address for swipebids, 1 in Canada and two in the US. Contact the BBB and file a complaint. 1021018 Alberta Ltd 201, 85 Cranford Way Sherwood Park, AB T8H 0H9 SWIPEBIDS.COM 20 SW 27th Street Pompano Beach, FL 33069 Swipebids.com 906 West 400 South Orem, UT 84058

By Ken W.
Questions? Get answers from the Swipebids staff and other customers.

Swipebids?