StateVitalRecords

StateVitalRecords has a consumer rating of 1.43 stars from 28 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. StateVitalRecords also ranks 25th among Government Records sites. The most common issues with StateVitalRecords are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 13 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.9%

No positive highlights yet

• Doubt I'll ever see the birth certificate I ordered.
How would you rate StateVitalRecords?

“Valuable service for working families”

Justin R.
7/17/19

I am very happy with the new online support system for ordering vital records. The system contributes so much for families with two working parents like ours. It remains necessary to sign and email back a couple of formsand this is MUCH easier than going into the local hall of records or public health office.

“Unfortunately agree think it's a scam”

LAURA F.
5/18/20

Unfortunately I ordered and paid all the extra bells and whistles to get a quick copy of my son's birth certificate so that he can enlist in the USMC. Did not realize until was taken to an online notary (again additional payment) that was no on an official Texas site. A month later and I have just received ANOTHER request for notarized documentation. The phone # provided by the support person responding to another poor review is a non working number. I've lost a month of time and over $100. Very angry.

birth certificate (16)
lauraf404
May 18th, 2020
Hello,
I'm really sorry for the delay! If you contact us at support@statevitalrecords.org, we'll be able to provide you with more information on your order. Most likely, we never received the notarized document, or there is a problem with it that needs to be addressed. We've likely sent you some emails, so you can also reply to those for clarification. Also, our phone support will open back up as soon as the lockdowns are lifted in our area. I'm sorry again, and I look forward to resolving the issue with your order!
kesim1
July 16th, 2020
So I simply don't understand why this company will still except orders if they are unable to fulfill them this order was placed on 4/20 and needed for a job opportunity. Here we are July 16th and nothing I have since ordered and received from another company and when I requested to cancel it's too late my order is being processed, yeah well the status has been saying that since 4/20. And although the websites states delays due to COVID-19, it did not say 60-120 as it does now. I believe there is a delay however this is unacceptable and ridiculous not to mention money and time wasted.
kellya700
July 28th, 2020
Do NOT order from them! I ordered a replacement birth certificate for my child and NEVER received it! I submitted all the proper documentation and I paid $29. It's impossible to reach anyone! Next stop BBB to report these thieves. Save yourself the headache.
ahmeds161
May 27th, 2020
bought a birth certificate From them on April 27. I sent him an email to provide an update on April 28 and never received a response back. So I called my bank cancel my credit card and stop payment. And now they are emailing me wanting to payment. I purchased this as an expedited delivery because I needed the Birth certificate as quickly as possible. Till this day I have not gotten a certificate, so you're trying to tell me that it takes a month for expedited for certificate. I definitely think this is a scam.
Hello Ahmed,
I apologize for the delay with your order. Our lockdowns started in the middle of March, which is when we updated several locations of our website that orders would be delayed. Since your order was late April, it will certainly be effected due to the lockdowns related to COVID-19. We mention this on our home page, on a dedicated COVID-19 page, in the order form and in your status page. We are not a scam, and are doing everything we can to work through this process as best as we can given these extraordinarily difficult times. Offices that closed are beginning to open up, so I expect you would be receiving the record you requested soon. Please check your status page, as we are beginning to show estimated delivery dates again for most orders. Please note: if the jurisdiction that holds your record is still closed, the record will still be delayed; however, this will be stated within your status page. Feel free to reach us at support@statevitalrecords.com if you would like more information
johnf2316
June 10th, 2020
I ordered a birth certificate. The online process to verfiy identity doesn't work although I followed the instructions perfectly. I have emailed to see if they could process my order faster and all I get it an automated response from their "support" email. They haven't responded on how to refund my money and I am contacting my bank to notify them of the fraudulent charge.
jessen47
June 25th, 2020
The company website is misleading and initially appears to be affiliated with the state of Florida. I requested two birth certificates and was charged $73 for the documents and shipping. I cancelled the order and was told my money would be refunded within a few weeks but they were keeping $14 as a service fee. What service did they provide other than ripping off a customer? Use government websites for birth certificates and other documents. They are less expensive, provide better service and deliver valid documents.
colleenu14
January 21st, 2020
Paid my money to get my birth certificate,
And paid money to verify who I am total of $75 altogether or so. Thought this was a legit website because they have you verify who you are sending documents of who you are. They gave me a delivery date I didn't get any tracking number when it was set and I still have not received my birth certificate. There is no way to email them there is no way to call them. Please don't waste your money or time. And I hope to God they didn't steal my identity.
Jasey R. – StateVitalRecords Rep
Hi Colleen, I'm sorry for the lack of communication! We do have phone and email support, but it's possible we have the wrong email address on file for you. We've probably tried to reach you to provide you with your delivery information or there could be a problem with your order that needs to be addressed before the certificate can be shipped. Can you please contact us at support@statevitalrecords.org or call 888-733-7882. We're happy to help figure out what's going on to get you the record you requested.
angelau102
July 14th, 2020
Do not use this company!!!! It's a scam. I fell for this back in April I ordered my birth certificate. They took my money $180.+ and never sent it to me. When I try to call no-one anwsers then try to email and they send a generic answer blaming covid-19 and they keep giving me my same number to check what I do all the time and it won't say anything. I have contacted the BBB and my lawyer. Again PLEASE don't fall for this!!!
se99
June 17th, 2020
Ordered and paid for birth certificate in February (before CO-VID). It is now mid June and I still have not received. I have contacted them several times with no response.
alg184
May 26th, 2020
Although I am a Notary, I wasn't able to upload a copy of the supporting documentation or obtain the online services of a Notary. After more than one email request, I was emailed a link. Still unable to upload the requested supporting documentation. Since I am unable to locate a mailing address on the website, I have emailed and requested a mailing address. Hopefully I can mail the requested documentation, and receive the requested documents.
Hello Al,
You have not been scammed and we are replying to emails, although some are a little delayed due to the ongoing disruption related to COVID-19. We're doing everything we can to get through emails as quickly as possible; however, if you would just make sure the email you are sending to is support@statevitalrecords.com and we'll get back to you asap.
natalyc10
May 27th, 2020
They never sent me my records and stole my money please don't use them use the department of health page directly they are chaeper and you are certain to be safe and receive ur records now there is no way to contact this scammers and they dont give you a straight answer on email. IT'S A SCAM PEOPLE DON'T USE IT!!!
nadial31
May 11th, 2020
I am filing a police report against them. I don't feel safe knowing that they have my information. This is a scam please be aware.
Hi Nadia,
I'm sorry for the confusion here. I understand there are a lot of scam sites out there; however, I can assure you we are not one of them - as you will see when you receive the record you requested (if you haven't already). Please know that the information you provide is only used for the purpose of ordering the requested record, and is not ever used for any other purpose. More information on this is all outlined in our privacy policy.
Please feel free to reach out to us at support@statevitalrecords.org anytime if you have any questions or concerns. We're happy to help.
josephw688
July 17th, 2020
Ordered a birth certificate, nothing came. Called the number their phone support has robot voice saying their office is closed.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE THEY ARE THIEVES!
kimberlyw815
May 20th, 2020
Not really sure if they can be trusted, I haven't received any information regarding my order or my certificate ! I'm skeptical since they have my information
Hi Kimberly,
If your order was placed with us (State Vital Records) I can assure you, you can trust us. If you reach out to us at support@statevitalrecords.com we'll gladly provide you with more details on the status of your request. Alternatively, you can visit our homepage>My Order. There you can plug in your information and it will also tell you the status of your request. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!
karene342
October 31st, 2019
Still waiting after 6 months and they keep backing up the delivery date. Doubt I'll ever see the birth certificate I ordered.
nicoled262
October 10th, 2019
Ordered a birth certificate for my daughter in April. The "expected delivery window" kept getting pushed back and no one could ever tell me when I would actually receive what I had paid for. Finally went into the county vital statistics office to pay a third what I paid to this company and walked out the same day with the birth certificate. The representative there had never heard of this company. I requested that my order be cancelled and asked for a full refund-- I have yet to hear back but I did report the company and transaction as fraudulent to my credit card company.
gs132
May 18th, 2018
Ordered birth certificate on March 19 with an expected delivery within 25-40 days. Toward end of time, received notice it would take another 15 days. It is now day 18, no birth certificate. Asked to either get a refund or expedite order for free. No response. Tried to look them up in BBB, they don't show up (should have checked there first). DO NOT USE!!!!
perryt23
July 13th, 2018
I ordered a death certificate at a steep cost and 6 weeks later cannot get response from the business. It is unfortunate that we must have feeling of being taken advantage of and no recourse is available.
janm172
April 10th, 2018
Do NOT use this service. You WILL NOT get the records you need in a timely matter, and when you ask for updates/assistance, you get back form emails. I spent over $200 ordering birth certificates for my kids, and now, almost 6 weeks later, have NOTHING.
jcd11
August 8th, 2018
Don't order from these folks. Horrible in everyway except looking legitimate so they can get your funds. Don't be fooled.
justinr195
July 17th, 2019
zahrae3
January 30th, 2019
Still waiting for my daughter birth certificate. I wish I read the reviews before i placed the order. I am disputing the charges with my credit card company.
whitneyt34
June 17th, 2019
They take your money and all of your personal info (signature, driver's license, children's names and birthday, etc.) Then, they send an email saying there was a processing problem and the order was canceled.
tessm32
July 22nd, 2019
I wish I looked into them before using them. I thought they were a legit government agency. They kept saying they didn't receive the application with my signature and couldn't process. Coincidently, I started getting robocalls right after I sent over my application with signature saying it was the social security administration and my number was being frozen. After getting another message my signature wasn't recieved, I told them to cancel my order and they said they are keeping a $14 processing fee. Scam!!! Don't use. Go directly to your country clerk website.
ml191
December 16th, 2017
This service is a ripoff. You can get records for a lot lower price directly through your state vital records office. This is a third party that charges a steep fee, and then doesn't deliver in a timely manner withing delivery window. They are unresponsive to attempts to contact them. I want a refund.

Faster and cheaper to do directly through your states.gov online vital records request.

To who those canceled who stoped payment did they send an email they reported this as a theft. What did you do about that ?

By Ahmed S.