SSENSE

SSENSE has a consumer rating of 3.65 stars from 854 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SSENSE also ranks 9th among Designer Clothes sites. The most common issues with SSENSE are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 24.5%

• Shipping was so quick and fast, said 2 two days but actually 1 day.
  • It offers versions collections, styles, Brands and excellent customer services.

• If you were worrying about their customer service, you should know they have slow shipping and slow responses back.
  • Ordered an item on a Monday for express delivery (2 days as stated on the website)...
How would you rate SSENSE?

“GREAT GREAT GREAT”

Minh T.
6/30/20

Despite the horrible negative comments I have read for 3 days, I still decided to give ssense a shot since only they have the shoes I want to buy with such a steal price. Anxiety starts hitting me after I started the order. The next day came, when I tracked the other, it was already there, at the front of my door. Excellent packaging, excellent quality and super fast, the best online order I have ever experienced before. Recommend you guys give them a chance.

“Never again I will delete my account”

Catherine A.
8/13/20

I shipped back items and I waited 2 weeks to get a refund it's a shame Their refund takes 2 to 1 month They are always late and fund excuses On top of it I received 2 VERSACE ITEM DEFECTIVE BRACELETS and now I have to ship them back and wait for a refund AGAIN for 2 weeks! They never answer emails or phone This service s zero I'm not happy at all Ok then you buy a necklace in June 390$ in July it's in sale 320 $ then in august 210$ Waow next time I will wait I'm disgusted it's so cheap at the end

customer service (151) 2 days (30) 3 days (17) order (303) credit card (28) 2 weeks (12) shopping experience (15) 4 days (14) 1 day (9) return policy (8) 3 weeks (11) 24 hours (6)
samr350
July 9th, 2020
Do not order from SSENSE if you plan on making a return. I have bought many things from this site never having an issue until there was an item that didn't fit me. They claimed that my package got lost and was never received by the warehouse even though I provide via my tracking number it did. After over a month of fighting with them for my refund they finally did. I've read some other reviews that talked about the same issue. Order but be cautious when it comes to returning an expensive item they will claim it's lost.
ritac185
March 29th, 2020
I received a package that is missing one item. The package is in good condition. It is very likely that SSENSE just forget to put it in it! This is not my fault, but I need to wait 2-4 weeks investigation? And the charge will be processed once you received the package! I've using SSENSE since my college time and this is the worst experience ever.
henrika5
June 18th, 2020
I have been hunting for a pack pack large enough to fit my laptop and Saint Laurent has a product sold under the product name "Giant City Backpack" which is 47 cm high (18,5 inches). As of now it only comes in canvas on the ysl website. Interestingly enough SSENSE is selling a product labelled "Giant City" in leather. After a week of back and forth emailing with SSENSE they confirm that the product is in fact the normal size and not the "Giant" I receive this email:

"Thank you for your feedback.
We will consider to update the product description if that was confusing you. We thank you for pointing out the issue.
With that being said, you may use the measurements provided in the previous email to help with your decision making.
I hope these measurement information helps, if you need further help, please let me know."

In my opinion this is not only a very strange response, everyone can make mistakes, but with this they now also confirm that they are stating false product information on purpose. I can only imagine the problems that can occur if you actually shop with them. Seeing the other reviews online this is a trend from them.
tr131
January 23rd, 2020
I order daughter sneakers for Christmas they never came I got confirmation they were lost from shipper a few days later but I still haven't received my refund a month later they said the process takes 3 weeks I've called several times with the same bs response so now I have to contact my bank for a refund will never shop this site again
catherinea227
August 13th, 2020
I shipped back items and I waited 2 weeks to get a refund it's a shame
Their refund takes 2 to 1 month
They are always late and fund excuses
They never answer emails or phone
This service s zero I'm not happy at all

Waow next time I will wait I'm disgusted it's so cheap at the end
martynass1
April 8th, 2020
Order arrived after a very long time, moldy, with greenish spots all over. Safety hazard! Customer service is terrible, declined to help me, even threatened me to close dispute and involve their safety department. I have already contacted my lawyer.
minht25
June 30th, 2020
oleksandral
May 9th, 2020
I received my order without delay, but the packaging was in very bad condition. It looked like my shoes have travelled around the globe. I am satisfied with the quality, nevertheless, so I give you 4 starts. Pay attention when you're packing the orders!
staceyw130
May 9th, 2020
Avoid at all cost! I shipped back 2 gucci belts in one box and the return was only processed for one belt. I emailed ssense multiple times and nothing was done on their end. They claim that they never received the second belt even though they were shipped back in the same package. When the belts came, there were no gucci boxes, just put into dust bags with lots of wrapping paper inside the shipping bag. I suspect when the belts were returned, the warehouse worker saw one dust bag/belt and didn't bother to look underneath the pile of wrapping papers to See that there is a second belt/dust bag inside the box. After almost a month of meaningless correspondence with their customer rep, I had to file a credit card dispute with my credit card company. Seems to be there is a lack of controls in place at their warehouse. There were so many yelp reviews from customers complaining about the same issues (fake items, lost returns, bad quality, pre owned sold as new). I personally work in the areas of risks and controls and I can definitely tell, from the massive amount of issues reported on yelp plus my own experience, that ssense warehouse controls are broken and cost so many missing items. Ssense then blames these control deficiencies onto the customers when it is suppose to be their own responsibilities. Avoid at all cost no matter how enticing their price may be.
ducd4
March 10th, 2020
Ordered a belt on SSENSE and the item came with visible scuff marks. Not the first time this has happened. Very disappointed.
fionac65
Fiona C.
January 10th, 2020
Do not call them if you want to solve a shipment issue. They are super inefficient and they question your ability to make decision. I called them 4 times and spent 40 mins but the issue still was not solve. Thanks to their refunding system I now have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my refund. I deleted the app. Never buying from them again.
angelon19
November 21st, 2019
I had my car broken into and got a pair of Giuseppe Zanottis stolen. So I decided to buy a new pair on ssense, because the pair I had is no longer available on Giuseppes website. They sent me a fake pair! I didn't say anything to them about them being fake because I just wanted to return them with no issues. I was extremely disappointed because I've heard good things. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from them, seems to be one big scam.
ly19
February 12th, 2020
Purchased three items and returned two because they didn't fit. Received refund for one item the day they received the package. Emailed three times about missing refund for second item (provided all relevant information: sku, RA and order number), but received generic responses as if they didn't even look into it. Last communication was on Saturday, called Wednesday to follow up and told me delayed response was due to warehouse being closed on weekends. Told me they would look into it and won't get back to me for another two days. Pretty annoyed at this point as it's been two weeks and still no answer. Tried to look up information to see if this has happened to anyone else and apparently it has.
nataliaa34
August 7th, 2020
Wasn't sure if should purchase after seen reviews, but still bought Valentino jacket I really wanted, arrived in 3 days in to UK via DHL. Thank you.
evgenyv2
January 7th, 2020
Dec. 9 I placed an order with them hoping to receive it by the holidays. In a week, when I realized the status of the parcel still hadn't changed and it was still in Canada, I reached out to them asking that they check it ASAP. Apparently they did nothing but replied that such things happen occasionally, so no worries. Still, when I tracked the parcel again and discovered it was still in the middle of nowhere, I asked my money back on my account with no further delays. What did they do you think? Only then they decided to start working on my request and the status of my parcel magically changed in a day - it flew off to Europe. They didn't even say sorry or something - just keep ignoring me as if I've not been texting them every single day in my vain attempts to get compensated for such a delay caused by a simple lack of actions from their side. It's absolutely nonsense and I've never experienced such rude customer care from any of European online retainers! Stay away from them.
megang143
May 3rd, 2019
It's my first time buying stuff from Ssense and I received a defective product. It has a rustic logo with black satin on it, and what they told me was that "it was designed like that". Of course I will be returning the wallet that I bought. Just want to alert people for whatever the bag or wallet they buy from them. What was good to me was that the shipping was really fast ad secure with DHL, they asked for your signature to finalize the whole shipping. To be short, please be very careful for the product!
grahamb122
April 14th, 2020
Got my item and was exactly what I ordered and I am extremely happy!
Thanks ssense! I would 100% order from there again.
brooklynr52
July 11th, 2020
First time trying Ssense... Brought 3 authentic Off-White belts no defects and arrived in 3 days. Great packaging. Will purchase more!
ag187
July 6th, 2020
Ssense has stellar customer service and a great selection. Their representatives are always fun to talk with. They have recently streamlined the returns process which makes everything that much easier.

The only problem you'll run into is having to pay duties fees, like I say in the headline, this isn't their fault. But their good about it, take a photo of your duties payment receipt and they will let you apply that amount to your next purchase (site credit). Also due to the customs check, byour package may be delayed a few days.

Would highly suggest, ssense is my to go to for clothing, shoes, etc. Their sales are always the best. Drain my wallet daddy
helenad35
May 20th, 2020
I could not be happier with my purchase. The shipping only took a total of 5 days. The customer service answered my email in under five minutes when I had a question. Product that came was packaged perfectly to ensure the product was shipped safe. The product itself was exactly what I ordered. Will order from this website in the future.
darrenf16
January 29th, 2018
Verified purchase
Im always weary about purchasing designer product online and usually buy at Holts, Saks or Nordstrom. Ssense sale was really good.

I ordered Saint Laurent boots. I sent multiple emails requesting info on sizing and didnt get a response until the half-size up was sold out. Then my order was delayed for almost two weeks. When I finally got the package, I needed that half-size up.

Hire seasonal staff to support during sale season. Customers can only be so patient with delays.
alexandram40
Alexandra M. – SSENSE Rep
Hello Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfying. We are glad to see that our agents could find a solution for you. As for the call situation, we had a large volume of calls during the sales and are sorry that you experienced this kind of delays.

You can now contact us via e-mail, our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week more efficiently.

Best regards,
SSENSE Customer Care
rinas18
January 22nd, 2020
Was excited when I first got my package. I wore it as soon as I got it. After a couple wears, I was called out on wether it was real or fake. After investigation, I came to realize I was rocking fake balenciaga from ssense. Super disappointing, I haven't even bothered to try and get a refund cause I know they will say the item is already worn.
tab1
August 13th, 2020
Don't trust the description on Ssense website. They change manufacturer description, that is how I got men's size shoes instead of women's. The communication is super slow, I had to wait for every answer 2 to 5 days and do not expect the return be easy. It will take time and money as they do not return shipping costs. It took over a week of emails just to get a return label from them. 3 weeks after i sent shoes back and had no refund i contacted them again. In their usual slow manner they replied "your return has been received and now is processing in our system". Several days later they sent me picture of the damaged box and refuse to refund despite all the pictures of the shoes and the box in an untouched condition that I emailed them before they accepted the return! (Yes, they make you send them pictures to prove the item is not damaged).
Overall experience feels like a scam. Not even sure if they will send this rejected shoes back to me.
km781
July 20th, 2020
In December 2019 I ordered a pair of shoes and glasses Which I've never received, I did get a tracking number and months later it says not delivered. I called SSENCE and they didn't give me any information Just told me to wait for it, i waited another week or so nothing with the tracking changed. I then disputed with pay pal i won the dispute and got a refund after a month or so later in which i still haven't received items( thank god i used Pay Pal). So now i decide to try them one more time cause i actually love looking at stuff on their site and they cancelled my ordered and said I couldn't shop with then due to shipping issues as if it was my fault or i did something wrong.
athinas4
April 25th, 2020
I purchased several items from ssense over the time and i have nothing bad to say. I am extremely satisfied.

Hi Mary, as Esra mentioned, shipping usually takes 2-3 business days. Feel free to call our Customer Care if you have any other questions - we're here to help! #: 1-877-637-6002

See more answers (2)

Hi Liz - Yes, all our merchandise is 100% authentic, and is backed by our Authenticity Guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to connect with us; we're here to help. - Best, SSENSE Customer Care | customercare@ssense.com,@SSENSE, & https://www.facebook.com/SSENSEofficial

See more answers (2)

The site is a legitimate scam. If your order is over $800.00 you will pay for customs. I found out 5 days after I returned the item. I talked to SSense customer service and they said I should have read the fine print at check out.

By O W.

I'm so sad. And they are so rude for not even answering your question! What a sh*t company is this?!

By M N.

By O W.

Absolutely real, ssense is a trusted retailer and vetted by the industry.

By A G.

All of our merchandise is backed by our Authenticity Guarantee. Depending on the designer, merchandise may come with a proof of authenticity. Moreover, to ensure quality, all products are carefully inspected before shipment. You may shop confidently knowing that we are an established and trusted online retailer of luxury brands. Our goal is to provide you with the finest quality of products and services. I hope this information encourages you to continue shopping with SSENSE.

By Katrina L.

Hey John - Thanks for reaching out! Here is a direct link to this item. https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/saint-laurent/black-leather-wyatt-harness-boots/1799693

By Katrina L.

Hi Kit - Thanks for reaching out! Have you been in contact with our customer care team?

By Katrina L.

Hi Oluwatobby - Thank you for reaching out! Have you been in contact with our customer care team?

By SSENSE C., Customer Care Representative

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SSENSE staff and other customers.

The two storey SSENSE boutique is located on the waterfront of Montreal? ۪s historic district at 90 St. Paul West. Boutique Hours: Monday 10 AM - 6 PM Tuesday 10 AM - 6 PM Wednesday 10 AM - 6 PM Thursday 10 AM - 9 PM Friday 10 AM - 9 PM Saturd...

ssensec1
SSENSE C.
Customer Care Representative
We're a global online retailer of luxury, streetwear, and independent designers.

Need to get in touch? Email us at: customercare@ssense.com
Connect with us on Twitter:@ssense

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SSENSE?

Have a question about SSENSE?