SSENSE

SSENSE has a consumer rating of 3.67 stars from 846 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SSENSE also ranks 8th among Designer Clothes sites. The most common issues with SSENSE are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 27.1%

• shipping was so quick and fast, said 2 two days but actually 1 day.
  • Canada post is probably quick within canada, but outside Canada it s really ..

• If you were worrying about their customer service, you should know they have slow shipping and slow responses back.
  • Ordered an item on a Monday for express delivery (2 days as stated on the website)...
How would you rate SSENSE?

“GREAT GREAT GREAT”

Minh T.
6/30/20

Despite the horrible negative comments I have read for 3 days, I still decided to give ssense a shot since only they have the shoes I want to buy with such a steal price. Anxiety starts hitting me after I started the order. The next day came, when I tracked the other, it was already there, at the front of my door. Excellent packaging, excellent quality and super fast, the best online order I have ever experienced before. Recommend you guys give them a chance.

“Item came with visible defects”

Duc D.
3/10/20

Ordered a belt on SSENSE and the item came with visible scuff marks. Not the first time this has happened. Very disappointed.

customer service (149) 2 days (30) order (300) 3 days (16) credit card (28) 2 weeks (11) shopping experience (15) 4 days (14) 1 day (9) return policy (8) 3 weeks (10) great customer service (14)
samr350
July 9th, 2020
Do not order from SSENSE if you plan on making a return. I have bought many things from this site never having an issue until there was an item that didn't fit me. They claimed that my package got lost and was never received by the warehouse even though I provide via my tracking number it did. After over a month of fighting with them for my refund they finally did. I've read some other reviews that talked about the same issue. Order but be cautious when it comes to returning an expensive item they will claim it's lost.
ritac185
March 29th, 2020
I received a package that is missing one item. The package is in good condition. It is very likely that SSENSE just forget to put it in it!! This is not my fault, but I need to wait 2-4 weeks investigation? And the charge will be processed once you received the package!!! I've using SSENSE since my college time and this is the worst experience ever.
minht25
June 30th, 2020
henrika5
June 18th, 2020
I have been hunting for a pack pack large enough to fit my laptop and Saint Laurent has a product sold under the product name "Giant City Backpack" which is 47 cm high (18,5 inches). As of now it only comes in canvas on the ysl website. Interestingly enough SSENSE is selling a product labelled "Giant City" in leather. After a week of back and forth emailing with SSENSE they confirm that the product is in fact the normal size and not the "Giant" I receive this email:

"Thank you for your feedback.
We will consider to update the product description if that was confusing you. We thank you for pointing out the issue.
With that being said, you may use the measurements provided in the previous email to help with your decision making.
I hope these measurement information helps, if you need further help, please let me know."

In my opinion this is not only a very strange response, everyone can make mistakes, but with this they now also confirm that they are stating false product information on purpose. I can only imagine the problems that can occur if you actually shop with them. Seeing the other reviews online this is a trend from them.
tr131
January 23rd, 2020
I order daughter sneakers for Christmas they never came I got confirmation they were lost from shipper a few days later but I still haven't received my refund a month later they said the process takes 3 weeks I've called several times with the same bs response so now I have to contact my bank for a refund will never shop this site again
grahamb122
April 14th, 2020
Got my item and was exactly what I ordered and I am extremely happy!
Thanks ssense!!! I would 100% order from there again.
martynass1
April 8th, 2020
Order arrived after a very long time, moldy, with greenish spots all over. Safety hazard!! Customer service is terrible, declined to help me, even threatened me to close dispute and involve their safety department. I have already contacted my lawyer.
staceyw130
May 9th, 2020
Avoid at all cost! I shipped back 2 gucci belts in one box and the return was only processed for one belt. I emailed ssense multiple times and nothing was done on their end. They claim that they never received the second belt even though they were shipped back in the same package. When the belts came, there were no gucci boxes, just put into dust bags with lots of wrapping paper inside the shipping bag. I suspect when the belts were returned, the warehouse worker saw one dust bag/belt and didn't bother to look underneath the pile of wrapping papers to See that there is a second belt/dust bag inside the box. After almost a month of meaningless correspondence with their customer rep, I had to file a credit card dispute with my credit card company. Seems to be there is a lack of controls in place at their warehouse. There were so many yelp reviews from customers complaining about the same issues (fake items, lost returns, bad quality, pre owned sold as new). I personally work in the areas of risks and controls and I can definitely tell, from the massive amount of issues reported on yelp plus my own experience, that ssense warehouse controls are broken and cost so many missing items. Ssense then blames these control deficiencies onto the customers when it is suppose to be their own responsibilities. Avoid at all cost no matter how enticing their price may be.
brooklynr52
July 11th, 2020
First time trying Ssense...Brought 3 authentic Off-White belts no defects and arrived in 3 days. Great packaging. Will purchase more!
fionac65
Fiona C.
January 10th, 2020
Do not call them if you want to solve a shipment issue. They are super inefficient and they question your ability to make decision. I called them 4 times and spent 40 mins but the issue still was not solve. Thanks to their refunding system I now have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my refund. I deleted the app. Never buying from them again.
angelon19
November 21st, 2019
I had my car broken into and got a pair of Giuseppe Zanottis stolen. So I decided to buy a new pair on ssense, because the pair I had is no longer available on Giuseppes website. They sent me a fake pair! I didn't say anything to them about them being fake because I just wanted to return them with no issues. I was extremely disappointed because I've heard good things. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from them, seems to be one big scam.
ag187
July 6th, 2020
Ssense has stellar customer service and a great selection. Their representatives are always fun to talk with. They have recently streamlined the returns process which makes everything that much easier.

The only problem you'll run into is having to pay duties fees, like I say in the headline, this isn't their fault. But their good about it, take a photo of your duties payment receipt and they will let you apply that amount to your next purchase (site credit). Also due to the customs check,byour package may be delayed a few days.

Would highly suggest, ssense is my to go to for clothing, shoes, etc. Their sales are always the best. Drain my wallet daddy
ly19
February 12th, 2020
Purchased three items and returned two because they didn't fit. Received refund for one item the day they received the package. Emailed three times about missing refund for second item (provided all relevant information: sku, RA and order number), but received generic responses as if they didn't even look into it. Last communication was on Saturday, called Wednesday to follow up and told me delayed response was due to warehouse being closed on weekends. Told me they would look into it and won't get back to me for another two days. Pretty annoyed at this point as it's been two weeks and still no answer. Tried to look up information to see if this has happened to anyone else and apparently it has.
evgenyv2
January 7th, 2020
Dec. 9 I placed an order with them hoping to receive it by the holidays. In a week, when I realized the status of the parcel still hadn't changed and it was still in Canada, I reached out to them asking that they check it ASAP. Apparently they did nothing but replied that such things happen occasionally, so no worries. Still, when I tracked the parcel again and discovered it was still in the middle of nowhere, I asked my money back on my account with no further delays. What did they do you think? Only then they decided to start working on my request and the status of my parcel magically changed in a day - it flew off to Europe. They didn't even say sorry or something - just keep ignoring me as if I've not been texting them every single day in my vain attempts to get compensated for such a delay caused by a simple lack of actions from their side. It's absolutely nonsense and I've never experienced such rude customer care from any of European online retainers!! Stay away from them.
rinas18
January 22nd, 2020
Was excited when I first got my package. I wore it as soon as I got it. After a couple wears, I was called out on wether it was real or fake. After investigation, I came to realize I was rocking fake balenciaga from ssense. Super disappointing, I haven't even bothered to try and get a refund cause I know they will say the item is already worn.
helenad35
May 20th, 2020
I could not be happier with my purchase. The shipping only took a total of 5 days. The customer service answered my email in under five minutes when I had a question. Product that came was packaged perfectly to ensure the product was shipped safe. The product itself was exactly what I ordered. Will order from this website in the future.
adhama5
May 28th, 2020
placed an order on May 15th that costs more than 3000$ that was supposed to be delivered in 3 days , today is May 29th and I haven't received the package yet, tracking information hasn't been updated from 10 days ago which states that the package is still held in transit in Montreal, contacted the customer service several times to ask them to contact the courier to see what happened to the package they didn't take me seriously and after the 6th time contacting them they said we will file a claim that takes from 2-4 weeks to get completed, now i can't get the package or my money back until they resolve the issue with the courier, furthermore they threatened me that if i disputed the charge with my bank they will cancel the claim on their end, worst experience I ever had. they gave me a lot of stress dealing with the customer service and they are so rude . I admit they have a good collection of clothes , but believe me its not worth going through hard time like what i am experiencing right now. here is the info regarding my order:

Order: *******62874
Order Date: May 15, 2020
Total: $3783.48 USD
Tracking: ET010876931CA
Claim ticket # 6136934
adrianal36
March 3rd, 2020
Please be careful from buying from this site. This website is a joke with their quality control and will send you dirty items.

So gross! Don't bother dealing with them, it's been a headache. They can't even get their $#*! right.
athinas4
April 25th, 2020
I purchased several items from ssense over the time and i have nothing bad to say. I am extremely satisfied.
clarkh32
January 14th, 2020
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE!!! I ordered some 11 by BBS boots from them and they shipped me regular Salomon boots switched out into a BBS box. They ripped me off and their customer service is trash that never responds to emails. They ripped me off for $400. I will never buy from this place ever again. Other places have fixed their screw ups within a day this type of behavior from a big retailer is unacceptable. Take your business elsewhere. Photos show what I recieved vs. What was on their site.

Updates:
1.This place then barely responded to anything.
2. Had me send their fake/wrong shoes back to them.
3. Dragged their feet in responding until the date when the ability to make a claim through paypal was about to expire.
4. THEN responded that since I filed through paypal they couldn't do anything.

Now they have their fake shoes to send to someone else and my money. Literally nothing short of thieves. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
kenzis1
January 10th, 2020
If your item is the wrong size, and you wish to return your item it can cost up to £50!!! Insane!! Plus, the fact that "Final Sale" Items can't be exchanged is appalling, if it doesn't fit, YOU RETURN IT!!
catherinea162
January 21st, 2020
Do not trust this web site they don't refund the returns !!! It's a battle to get your refund I DO NOT recommend this web site !!!
vanl37
July 2nd, 2020
So I ordered a bag on their site 3 weeks ago and eventhough it cost more than 2000$ , it only came with a dustbag. Yes a dustbag , no cards no box . Box I can understand but no cards are just stupid. Feel like they sent me a display bag. So I decided to return the bag. Took 2 weeks to be delivered which I can forgive because of Canada Post delay but now it has been more than 5 business days and no update on the return eventhough it had been delivered to them according to the tracking. I reached out to their chat supports, emails and phone calls. All I got was promises it will be processed but still nothing. What is going on with the company now? Sadly this experience will stop me from shopping with them in the near future and trust me I used to be their loyal customer because I want to support Canadian company. Now I feel like Farfetch and Mytheresa have much better service than Ssense.
katier207
June 24th, 2020
During COVID I ordered Nike bikeshorts from Ssense. Upon receipt I tried on the shorts and they gave me a rash so I sent them back to return. The tags were cut off but the item wasn't worn for more than a couple of minutes. Upon receiving the item they told me that they will issue me a refund, but deduct $18 as a mysterious restocking fee, which is basically half of the price of the shorts. When I asked why such a fee I got a very rude threatening email from a customer service representative telling me that this is all they would do and threaten to decline refunding me all together.

I will never buy from SSense ever again.
jessicas892
December 14th, 2019
These reviews are scary! Everything SSENSE sells is authentic and it's obvious! Why would big brands they SELL promote them if that wasn't the case? What?

Hi Mary, as Esra mentioned, shipping usually takes 2-3 business days. Feel free to call our Customer Care if you have any other questions - we're here to help! #: 1-877-637-6002

See more answers (2)

Hi Liz - Yes, all our merchandise is 100% authentic, and is backed by our Authenticity Guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to connect with us; we're here to help. - Best, SSENSE Customer Care | customercare@ssense.com, @SSENSE, & https://www.facebook.com/SSENSEofficial

See more answers (2)

The site is a legitimate scam. If your order is over $800.00 you will pay for customs. I found out 5 days after I returned the item. I talked to SSense customer service and they said I should have read the fine print at check out.

By O W.

i'm so sad. and they are so rude for not even answering your question! what a sh*t company is this?!

By M N.

By O W.

Absolutely real, ssense is a trusted retailer and vetted by the industry.

By A G.

All of our merchandise is backed by our Authenticity Guarantee. Depending on the designer, merchandise may come with a proof of authenticity. Moreover, to ensure quality, all products are carefully inspected before shipment. You may shop confidently knowing that we are an established and trusted online retailer of luxury brands. Our goal is to provide you with the finest quality of products and services. I hope this information encourages you to continue shopping with SSENSE.

By Katrina L.

Hey John - Thanks for reaching out! Here is a direct link to this item. https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/saint-laurent/black-leather-wyatt-harness-boots/1799693

By Katrina L.

Hi Kit - Thanks for reaching out! Have you been in contact with our customer care team?

By Katrina L.

Hi Oluwatobby - Thank you for reaching out! Have you been in contact with our customer care team?

By SSENSE C., Customer Care Representative

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SSENSE staff and other customers.

The two storey SSENSE boutique is located on the waterfront of Montreal?۪s historic district at 90 St. Paul West. Boutique Hours: Monday 10 AM - 6 PM Tuesday 10 AM - 6 PM Wednesday 10 AM - 6 PM Thursday 10 AM - 9 PM Friday 10 AM - 9 PM Saturd...

ssensec1
SSENSE C.
Owner / Executive
We're a global online retailer of luxury, streetwear, and independent designers.

Need to get in touch? Email us at: customercare@ssense.com
Connect with us on Twitter: @ssense

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SSENSE?

Have a question about SSENSE?