Sports Direct

Sports Direct has a consumer rating of 2.47 stars from 17 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Sports Direct ranks 88th among Sporting Goods Other sites.

How would you rate Sports Direct?

“So satisfied with their clothes for girls”

Amanda R.
9/13/17

It took me about a month to find convenient and nice sport clothes. A brand clothes is not always the best solution for me. But this website had what I wanted. Sexy and comfortable leggings with bright prints, and bra to do yoga with ease. Now I think more of practice at my yoga class than about the clothes I wear, because I simply do not feel it on my body. Super. P.s. Prices are so good to buy at least two pairs of bra or even more to change them every time.

“Horrible experience. Don't risk losing your money with these scammers.”

Matt L.
11/3/21

Avoid at all costs. They sent my order to the wrong address. When I eventually got hold of customer service they weren't interested. Not our problem they said. They've kept my £150 and are refusing to help. The customer service agent "Elizabeth" was incredibly unprofessional and rude. The reason their prices are slightly cheaper is because they rip people off left, right, and centre (see other reviews). Do not use this company unless you want to kiss your money goodbye with nothing to show for it. Absolute disgrace of a company.

mattl408
November 3rd, 2021

Avoid at all costs.
Absolute disgrace of a company.

Tip for consumers:
Think twice before throwing your money away.

Products used:
None, as nothing arrived and they wouldn't give me a refund.

chrisw1843
November 12th, 2021

Ordered item. Paid for next day delivery. Item never arrived. Nobody to speak to at sports direct. Delivery company has automated service which is no help at all. Went in the store and was just fobbed off it's not us that deal with online stuff. 2 weeks later item still not arrived. No refund because nobody replies to emails it's all automated. No phone numbers to ring. It's terrible service. Had go get bank to do a charge back in the end as couldn't speak with anybody to deal with it... absolutely terrible service

bryann62
July 22nd, 2019

Purchased a few T shirts from Sports Direct online site last few years as couldn't buy them instore they were, delivered on time no problems.

alexanderb122
July 24th, 2018

Have used sportsdirect for a long time and never had any problems, the combo-deals are great for saving a lot of money.

amandar131
September 13th, 2017

Tip for consumers:
Carefully specify the sizes.

pauld132
November 10th, 2015

Ordered a hoodie online. Their courier company 'Yodel' initially refused to accept they had collected my parcel. I contacted sportsdirect who told me that they would look into and get someone to contact me the next day. Nobody got back to me. I then established that my parcel was in Ireland, I live in Cornwall. Again I contacted sportsdirect for help. They told me no refund until parcel returned by courier or I would have to wait for delivery.

annoyedp4
November 23rd, 2021

I will never shop at Sports Direct they do not refund even when there goods are not fit for purpose. I bought a bra does not fit will not refund my money. Disgraceful!

dinkiew
January 9th, 2018

Been in Sports Direct again bought 2 Umbrellas Boots for my husband and 2 lovely
Frozen coats for the grandchildren yes me again Dinkie Waller Barnham

stuartm124
June 29th, 2019

Absolutely disgusting customer service! Bought a pair of trainers yesterday and they dont fit, advisor said they would stretch but on getting home they are just too small, dont do my size and dont have anything else i want, asked for a refund and was told no and its not my problem by stuart the manager in milton keynes

marijam
July 1st, 2015

First time my mother's friends, my mom and me bougth trainees in real London Spirtsdirect.com shop, then i bought adidas trainees from internet shop sportsdirect.co.uk, the delivery price is reasonable and delivery term was not bad. I bought one size bigger, but they still not less comfortable. :)

michalm28
September 6th, 2019

The order was absolutely horrible. Incorrect sizes, missing items.

I send back shoes I ordered, and wanted to replace them to the right size. Pay 360 SEK (32 euros) in shipping.

What they write is that they repay the money, and say it is out of stock. If I look at their website (today), they can be ordered in the size I wanted from the beginning.

So here I am with the money back, paid 360 SEK to send the wrong, without shoes and without apology.

Had been cheaper and easier to go to a regular store and buy right from the start. Then what happens to things that were missing is a mystery, since customer service does not respond. So I expect these goods or money I will never see again.

I will NEVER use their services again!

mrd3
May 11th, 2018

Just don't purchase anything expensive as you will only be given a credit note or exchange. Their unfair policies do not issue refunds. Bit of a joke really, it's basically money grabbing.

aliestarr
July 6th, 2017

Bought some sandals in an amazing sale, almost a third off. I liked them so much I went online to buy another 2 pairs. Delivery was a little bit off compared to tracking but still awesome.

yves121
August 30th, 2016

I had wanted a set of matching luggage for a while, so took the opportunity to order a sale priced set from Sports Direct - the 5 piece blue canvas Dunlop set. Since there was a standard delivery charge, I also ordered 2 pairs of trainers, some jeans and luggage straps - all were sale priced. Quality of everything was very good, and only downer was that the jeans were sized very small, but I took them to my local Sports Direct store with my order form, and they were happy to exchange the jeans for a mens t-shirt I wanted for a gift. This is a huge company, and staff are all nice and helpful, and prices were excellent.

gillp6
August 22nd, 2019

I ordered size 16.
They sent me size 18 loosely wrapped in a bag marked size 16.
Fair enough, mistake made, I didn't take their advice and return via recorded delivery at great expense, but I did pay £3 ordinary postage, (which I then had to fight tooth and nail to get reimbursement).
The replacement pair arrived, and low and behold, they were again size 18, loosely wrapped in a plastic bag marked size 16.
Needless to say I complained, they sent me a return label to return them again for exchange. I made a special visit to the couriers drop off shop.
The replacement arrived, This is the Third Pair, again size 18 loosely wrapped in a plastic bag marked size 16.
All throughout this process there has been little concern, or apology on their behalf. As I said, I had to keep demanding they refund me the £3 that I spent to get the first pair back to them. They eventually did refund me £3 "as a gesture of GOODWILL!". The cheek of it! They OWED me that money!
I wanted the item to go on holiday, but alas, it is now too late.
I am resolved to keep the incorrectly sized leggings, and wear them for gardening or something, because I have no confidence, that if I return them again, I will ever receive the leggings that I ordered.
Anyhow, they have not offered me a return label again, and they have not apologised either.
Do yourself a favour, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

peterk141
July 14th, 2017

Order online, bad size sent or dirty.
You have to pay to send it back.
My last shopping Sports Direct.

leftyh
March 11th, 2016

Don't bother
Broke 2 coffee mugs in 2
Different shippings,,,
Can't be done by such a huge shipper llike DHL
It had to happen at the point of where it Originated.

Questions? Get answers from the Sports Direct staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sports Direct?

Have a question about Sports Direct?