SmartBuyGlasses UK

SmartBuyGlasses UK has a consumer rating of 1.78 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about SmartBuyGlasses UK most frequently mention customer service and contact lenses problems. SmartBuyGlasses UK ranks 87th among Sunglasses sites.

• Well 3 weeks after placing my order on boxing day I received my glasses.

• with customer service that is appalling with conflicting information.
  • This carried on for a further 2 weeks and I again agreed to wait as I was not in a rush for them.
How would you rate SmartBuyGlasses UK?

“Kind customer service, glasses perfect quality”

Georgia R.
2/12/21

Wanted to buy new glasses but didn't want to pay loads for specsavers. These are perfect quality in recycled case and spare lenses. I can't believe it was €8 total! I had problems with my account and getting an invoice so I emailed customer service and they were extremely helpful. Got my package the next day. Can't recommend enough!

“Awful company! Refuse to refund me even though I returned the glasses”

Kylee K.
8/21/20

Awful company! I sent TWO separate parcels to them for returns (goods totaling over £400) and they are saying that they havent received either of them, even though I posted them on two separate days and the courier have GPS tracking of the address that they were delivered to. Now Smart Buy Glasses are refusing to refund me, and it has been 3 weeks since they received my parcel.

customer service (8) order (19) 2 weeks (4) 3 weeks (4) hong kong (4) contact lenses (4)
kyleek9
August 21st, 2020

jamess3209
May 21st, 2020

Avoid this company. I have asked for a refund four times after they claimed that the product I ordered (and they charged my card with) but with no success.

georgiar93
February 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

Tip for consumers:
Check your account is fully ready before ordering

Glasses

jonm465
June 29th, 2020

They advertise glasses they don't have. Substitute, horrid glasses sent instead with the wrong lenses prescription for which I've sent proof. They haven't refunded the custom taxes as their website says it will do immediately & then they don't reply to the messages. AVOID THIS COMPANY, I INTEND TO TAKE MY CASE & ISSUES FURTHER.

jonl45
February 17th, 2016

Supplied Guarantee Card indicates different specification lenses being installed in the frames... Seems manufacturers could not find glass with exact specification but installed one with nearest available! If such major mistakes happen, what about "medical precision in detail", when dealing with such precious thing as human eyesight?... Meddling with subscription is like giving patient wrong medication!
Thank you for communication! My apologies then! Good service and item as described! Just wander how "Made In Italy" stuff of seemingly good quality and with such nice representation packaging comes from Hong Kong?... Give You 4 stars instead of 1 following SMARTBUYGLASSES reply and explaining the matter. Original explanation:
Your provided prescription is

R +5.00/nonexNone

L +6.00/+1.00x165

The information on lens card and your provided one for the Right eye is the same, for the Left eye, actually our optician used to use negative format of Cylinder. So our optician transcribed your left eye prescription to negative format of Cylinder which is

Adding SPH and CYL to get the SPH

(165-90=75)
Cheers!

dc73
September 28th, 2014

Purchased a pair of gucci sunglases. Really pleased, no complaints.

ianp188
February 1st, 2021

BEWARE! BEWARE!

Con artists who suck you in with cheap frame/lens deals, then say they can't do the prescription in the standard lenses (... they have a very low prescription threshold!)
Then they say you must upgrade to lenses which far outweigh the price of the frames and the original order total.

By the time you find this out you have already paid AND they are reluctant to return your money.
INSIST ON YOUR REFUND like I did.

It's just an elaborate ruse to suck you in, then sting you.
I would give them 0 stars if I could.

AVOID THIS HORRIBLE, DISHONEST FIRM!

Avoid

Nothing received

michaelw1101
January 22nd, 2019

This company has the most irritating website I've ever come across. Before even starting to order glasses there is no visible prompt to enter one's prescription. It's full of wonderful frames, deals, etc but even here if you save a shortlist under favourites it's impossible to remove frames you decide are not for you after further scrutiny. If this is the level of the website who on earth would trust to buying glasses from this company?

jasonb661
February 17th, 2019

I want to start by saying that this is a genuine review. I am based in New Zealand and bought from the NZ site.
I was a bit worried after reading the reviews. But nonetheless I purchased a pair of Ray-Bans at the cheapest price online - well except the ones that are clearly fakes. I got free express shipping. They didn't have my ones in stock but they sourced some within 5 days-less than the time-frame they suggested. One day after postage, I got an alert saying that shipping is delayed. Oh No I thought. Here it comes. But no, the product turned up the next day, just 8 days since purchase for a product not in stock at the warehouse. And after inspecting them, they are definitely genuine- I have had this model before.

I am one of the few on here that CAN recommend SmartBuyGlasses.

esthera26
October 6th, 2017

I wanted to provide an alternative review to the negative ones. I am very pleased with my designer prescription glasses which arrived within the week of purchasing online. I can't fault the delivery or glasses quality. I have tried the same frames in the UK and these are the genuine article. If you want quick delivery, check for the aeroplane symbol on the product to know that they are in stock. Perfect glasses, one very happy customer!

charlotteg309
June 10th, 2020

I didn't think I'd ever be that person' who reviews/comments/messages in order to reach the attention of those in seniority but here I am. I have had an ongoing issue with a refund since the 24th April and I strongly believe that this company are wrongfully withholding my money and it has been a tiresome, frustrating and upsetting situation that has gone on long enough. I strongly urge you NOT to buy anything from this company as I believe them to be fraudulent and during these difficult and unsettling times, they have done nothing but escalate my financial worries.

wakk
October 22nd, 2019

They refuse to provide invoices/receipts until the product ordered has been shipped, which takes a month... Terrible service, had battled with customer services for several days before someone actually knowledgeable provided me with a semi decent answer; the company has experienced lots of fraud so now have a painful process for their products. The products are not bad but the entire process makes it not worth it. Would recommend visiting any optical store over this company.

dannyw50
July 23rd, 2017

After I found some prescription sunglasses I wanted at Boots I thought I would have a look online before I brought them and found them on smartbuyglasses for £100 less. Only after I placed the order I read reviews and I have to say I was a bit worried as there were a lot of bad ones and I ever thought about cancelling the order but I thought I would risk it for the sake of £90.
They turned up today after only 10 days and I couldn't be happier with them I would recommend this company to anyone, unfortunately people tend to only leave reviews when they are unhappy! And I read 2 or 3 saying the glasses were fake copies which is ridicules and simply not true!

valeries208
October 31st, 2019

I ordered a pair of frames on the 5th of the month. Company then took until the 25th to say they couldn't provide them. When I got my credit card statement, the money had been taken straight away and had not been refunded. When I got in touch with them and asked for a refund, they said I should look on the website for another pair. Purports to be. co.uk but obvious, from the "chat" facility that it isn't. The chat "assistant" was really rude too. They resemble the type of people who cold call in a scam. Pity there aren't minus stars for these fraudsters. Do not but at any cost.

Tip for consumers:
Do not buy from these people. They take money for goods that they do not provide and then sit on your money until you contact your credit card company.

Products used:
Never received but money taken.

noelb30
January 21st, 2016

I bought a pair of Tom Ford optical frames after seeing them at Vision Express in London for £289 and found them on Smartbuyglasses uk for £100.

I was so very happy and just to make sure as I could not believe the price went on to reading reviews. Most of them were positive but a few negative ones made me worry.

Well 3 weeks after placing my order on boxing day I received my glasses. Yes they are original, not fakes. Customer service was brilliant and so reassuring and helpful to all my hostile and paranoid questions.

A few things to consider:

The company is based in Hong Kong. Shipping took only 3 days! So location of the company does not affect fastness of shipping.

The one thing that will delay your order is if they aren't in stock, this was my case. It delayed the order by 2 weeks in total.

With a £200 saving on such an excellent product 2 weeks waiting was absolutely worth it.

I would recommend this service to everyone, just bare in mind that it might take a few weeks to get your order which is a tad slower to what we are accustomed in the UK. The savings you will make are worth the wait. So don't be silly like me and get paranoid for nothing ;)

paws1
May 29th, 2018

I received a fake glasses (fake Polaroid brand). Two years ago I bought the original pair in official store. Now I wanted to buy the same pair of glasses (same model, color, etc.) but in this online store SmartBuyGlasses (low atrial price). Unfortunately, I received a cheap fake eyeglasses - poor quality, other markings signs (inaccurate print), different box, no Polaroid brand certificate! - I have my previous original glasses and I can see the difference! I'd like to return but there is no contact with them - support doesn't work, it doesn't respond.

preciousu
June 12th, 2019

This company is a joke. I made a purchase of a glasses in April can you believe, l have not got the item for over 2 months. Please l would advice that you don't buy anything from this company. They are the bigger scam.

xoancarl
February 21st, 2018

Smart Buy Glasses? More like Dumb Buy Glasses! Their lenses come from China and are ordered from Italy so take about a month. I placed two orders from this site and my second order never turned up. I returned a form to confirm that I hadn't received them and even though I'd paid for my order they inexplicably sent me a PayPal money request asking me for an additional £68! They then told me to ignore this and said that my replacement order was being processed only to send me another email a couple of hours later asking me to pay $30 for my order (yes, dollars even though I live in the UK!). I naturally cancelled my order but their service is so appalling and unintelligible that I'm probably going to have to go down the PayPal/Credit Card claim route. Absolute muppets!

ivanp77
March 8th, 2018
• Updated review

Smartbuyglasses replied to my first review promising to contact me (like they have before). But, guess what, no contact whatsoever. They stated they have tried to contact me but I have not received any emails nor have I any missed calls. I have contacted their helpdesk since and once again they promised to call me but didn't.

Apalling dishonest service
March 5th, 2018
• Previous review

Ordered my prescription sunglasses on 25th January 2018 also paid for the order at the same time. Was told there would be a one week delay in getting them from the suppliers. Agreed to wait. This carried on for a further 2 weeks and I again agreed to wait as I was not in a rush for them. Finally on February 20th I received an email saying they were currently processing my prescription and it could be another 5-7 working days and they would ship them via courier. Received another email on 26th February stating they were being prepared for dispatch. On 2nd March I contacted them asking when I would get delivery. They told me they were unable to process my prescription and they cancelled the order without notifying me. It took them over six weeks to determine they would be unable to process my prescription. They have not mentioned anything about a refund. This is really appalling service. Would not recommend them to anyone.
Smartbuyglasses have replied to my initial review with a promise to contact me. Needless to say this has not happened. Not only that, they have still not given me a refund. In their reply they stated that I requested them to cancel the order. I did no such thing. I told them I was not satisfied with their answer and asked to speak to a manager. I was told that there was no one available at the time at that a manager would contact me later. Once again this did not happen. I then logged on to their site to see if there was any information only to find my order had been cancelled without any notification at all.

Do trust them

peterf71
March 15th, 2016

Worst customer service ever
Ever!

They advertise items they don't have in stock, when I called (not them) after one week from paying, they said "sorry we can't get it, it is not in stock" even talked with a supervisor "Samantha" and she even canceled a discount that I already had on another order.
Save your money and time and don't deal with this scam website.

rachelc114
April 4th, 2017

Frustrating communication and a waste of time. Purchased 6 weeks ago and having received no updates after 4 weeks I emailed to check. Was told they hadn't received from the supplier yet. Another 2 weeks and they still haven't received. Would not recommend.

viviennec8
April 27th, 2018

Unfortunately I didn't read any reviews before ordering. I didn't receive a confirmation email after placing my order therefore I'm unable to confirm that the order I placed was not for multi focal lenses. I was sent standard lenses which took over 3 weeks to arrive. I was advised that had I ordered multi focal lenses they would have been considerably more expensive (so much so It would have been cheaper ordering from my local optician)! They then asked if I wanted to keep the standard lenses, send them back and reorder multi focal lenses. Given the delay meant I had didn't have any lenses I was left with no option but to hold onto the standard lenses and order multi focal lenses from my optician, an expenses I wasn't expecting. To add insult to injury they apologised and said they hoped I would purchase again! Not likely SmartBuyGlasses... I'm not that stupid!

chrisp417
August 31st, 2018

Purchased from there ebay store and received counterfeit carrera glasses, ebay reviewed there dealings and promptly closed them down, stay away from this mob.

mikea151
July 16th, 2019

I live in France. I have asked for a refund.
I originally found your USA www, they sent me to UK www, I also enquired about France on your help line, a Philipines lady in your call center sent me to www.fr, I got adverts for other 0pticians not you!
So I bought a pair on your UK www although more expensive because my bank account is here in FRance so I pay for the exchange rate.
What a way to run a railway?
Finally I received a message to say I would receive a receipt in a few hours, NOTHING AND WHEN I EMAILED YOU ABOUT IT, ALSO NOTHING. I even sent my PayPal invoice you issued.
The only reply you sent was to say you are closing my ticket?
Are you in China or Hong Kong, never did find out?

Well done

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses UK staff and other customers.

? Buy designer glasses and sunglasses online? Cheap sunglasses, eyeglasses and contact lenses? Great deals? Free shipping? 100 day returns? 2 year warranty? Frames from? 25

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartBuyGlasses UK?

Have a question about SmartBuyGlasses UK?