Review of SkinMedica

Irvine, CA 92612, US
Tel: +1-866-867-0110

karenj251
1/20/19

If there is one person on this planet who love nice body care products, then its me. But wondering around stores doesn't work form me. Only if I can get quality products in the comfort of my room, then my song will be SkinMedica

pennyw45
8/4/18

I love the Skin Medica Facial Cleanser and Environmental Defense Sunscreen SPF 30. The sunscreen has green tea and caffeine for antioxidant protection and is a full spectrum physical sunblock.

donnad269
7/13/18

I purchased the Skinmedica Lytera and Retinol Complex after a facial. I did not open them for several months until I used up my other products. When I used them, they seemed discolored, so I contacted the office. I was told they were too old. There is no expiration date on either of the products, and I have other products that are fine after several years. Very disappointed!

michellee69
11/28/17

I thought I liked the product but after 4 days of using the TNS serum I started having a severe lurn like reaction. My neck and face are still swollen, bright red and painful after 2 weeks sine I stoped using this product. I paid 250 for this misery!

christinel91
10/10/17

SkinMedica have very good products. Over 90% active ingredients in their products. Can see results in 2 weeks

staceyg31
7/16/17

Bought Lytera 2.0 and the Essential Serum. My skin reacted horribly......itchy, severe redness. I bought both from Overstock and just now found out Overstock is not authorized sell any of Skin Medica products. Check out Skin Medica's website. Now I'm uncertain as to what chemicals are actually inside the products that overstock.com.

In the past I have used Skin Medica's skin care line and it was wonderful. However, I purchased the first time from a dermatologist. This time, I thought I'd try buying it through Overstock......never again. Scary!!!

dalitc
5/18/17

Face red and irritated, taking a break from this to see if it's the ha5! Slowly taking out each item in my routine I think it's the ha5, I feel a slight burn after application

barbarah160
4/28/17

had a bad reaction to this product looking to see how many other people did as well. My face was very red and looked like a bad sunburn. I would caution anyone with sensitive skin!!!

maryt165
2/5/17

I just bought my first products of Skin Medica last week. I bought the toner, the cream for redness, the HA5, and the jar of moisturizer. I started using these on Tuesday night and by Thursday night my face was red and swollen!! Today it's even worse, my eyes are slanted cause of the swelling!! I stopped using everything on Friday. I just took Benadryl and praying I can get in tomorrow to see my Dermatologist. I'm so disappointed...I'm 64 years old and have very little wrinkles FYI

donnah96
8/15/16

I had a severe allergic reaction to Skinmedica TNS Essential Serum. Skinmedica should take more responsibility and put a disclaimer on this product that people with sensitive skin could have a reaction, as well as, educating health care providers to ask their clients question regarding their skin type before just randomly handing this product out to clients simply because it increases sales. My skin is still healing weeks after using this product and I have the pics that show it. I am still watching to see if there is going be a permanent negative impact on my skin. This product isn't for everyone.

stevenu6
Steven U.
6/23/16

I'm on my 3rd jar of the TNS Eye Repair cream. It's very moisturizing and creamy so I only use it at night and when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup in the daytime. A little goes a long way and I love the jar, you can get every little bit out of it so none is wasted.

mariaj63
Maria J.
4/26/16

I'm thrilled to have HA5, this very lightweight gel-like serum, to add to my SkinMedica regimen. The HA5 just gives the most perfect lightweight yet plumping skin smoothing look to my skin (no silicone feeling at all BTW). It's just so good for my skin. Perfect addition for anyone's regimen. It feels like nothing is on my skin. I add HA5 right after washing my face AM & PM. It's simply amazing how smooth my skin becomes. Happy my skin is looking so good! Love this product. PS: It's a no breakout type of product. It's mild and like a water-weight gel which sinks in very fast. I love a new product that improves my skin so fast :)

barbaran52
Barbara N.
3/1/16

Been using TNS eye repair for years. Prior to using I had dark circles under my eyes. Since I started using this product the circles are much lighter. It absorbs quickly and feel silky smooth to the touch.

frankb129
Frank B.
10/30/15

I've shared TNS Essential Serum on my snapchat and with all of my girlfriends. My facialist introduced me to it saying I would be kissing her face after I used it because my skin would be so beautiful. Yup, she was right. 6 months later I use it every night and morning especially when my face is "going through something" due to stress or lack of sleep. I'm 30 years old. My other facialist thought I was 24!! She said if I keep using this and getting a facial once a month I'll be good to go for a while. It's a must have - always.

heleno16
4/3/15

I decided to try the GRASS regimen by SkinMedica a few months ago and now I am hooked. The TNS Essentail Serum has growth factors (representing the "G") and my skin has never looked more radiant. I also love the Vitamin C + E antioxidant for free radical defense.

helenj24
3/27/15

I wanted a hydroquinone free skin lightener and one of my friend's recommended the Lytera product from Skin Medica. I have been using it for 3 months and have had amazing results. My sun spots have faded dramatically and my skin looks great.

lisav21
1/29/15

I've been using botox and juvederm for years and now am on the Skin Medica system and my skin has never looked better. They have a great loyalty program: Brilliant Distinctions and I get points on everything I buy to redeem for any of their products.

barbaraq5
8/21/14

I trust Allergan products and love the Skin Medica line. I've tried so many serums that made me instantly break out so when I tried TNS I was thrilled that it didn't clog my pores. Now I am using the eye repair cream as well and am very pleased with my skin's appearance.

mariak28
7/17/14

I've been using the .5 retinol complex by Skin Medica and am seeing some incredible results. My skin is firmer and brighter and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I can see why they call it a revolution.

sarahw59
4/19/14

I love my Brilliant Distinctions account - they are always giving me coupons to put toward my botox and juvederm treatments! Every time I get botox I receive a $20 coupon towards my next visit. It is a great rewards program and makes my cosmetic treatments a little more affordable - every little bit counts!

luciag
12/28/11

Horrible customer service. I have pruchased a few of the creams and i liked them all except for the one for Redness which was recommended for my rosacea and it cost 75 dollars. My rosacea is so much worst, it really flared up and my face burned. When i sent the cream to skin Medica in NY more than hald full, they refuse to replace it with one of the creams i do like or to give me some type of rimbursement or anything whats so ever. now i'm out the money for the cream along with the shipping and packaging to send the cream to the company. JUST AWFUL!!!!!!! They should be so happy i'm not seeking compensation for how much worse my rosacea got from using their cream!

sarahh
7/10/08

Skin Medica is affordable and effective for many different skin types - I love the Skin Medica Facial Cleanser and Environmental Defense Sunscreen SPF 30. They are really quality products that are not outrageously expensive so they are great for everyday use. The cleanser is perfect for removing make up well, but it did not dry out my skin at all.

The sunscreen has green tea and caffeine for antioxidant protection and is a full spectrum physical sunblock, so it protects from UVA and UVB rays (which my dermotologist says is essential for preventing sun damage). And it does it without those icky chemical sunscreens!

15 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Skin Medica seems to be really heavy on the scientific data to back up their products. They tend to use ingredients that have been proven to be effective. Check out the "About" section on their website. Plus, you have to purchase their products through a dermatologist or aesthetician.

By Jenn M.

Skinmedica uses ingredients like AHA, glycolic acid, retinol, etc. All of those incredients can help with scarring, reducing pores, and discoloration.

By Selena Z.

I usually test products only on the problem area first and then if all goes well I'll use it all over. That way, if something is super drying, you don't wind up with a full flaky face.

By Hailey E.

Questions? Get answers from the SkinMedica staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SkinMedica