ShopTo.net

ShopTo.net has a consumer rating of 1.27 stars from 26 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ShopTo.net most frequently mention customer service problems. ShopTo.net ranks 333rd among Gaming sites.

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service (via Messenger) is rude and uses swear words.
  • Bought Arkham Knight 7 Days ago with 1-3 days delivery -
How would you rate ShopTo.net?

“I have ordered a couple of games off them in the past”

Peter K.
11/17/13

I have ordered a couple of games off them in the past. They very much pretty delivery before release date (UK experience, not sure about internationally).

“Very rude customer service + scammy website”

luke s.
9/4/20

I tried to pre-order a switch game. I got charged £85 and there is no order in my account history. Contacted their customer service and their only answer was to take the piss off me. See screenshot attached. Avoid at all costs. Edit: Money was refunded, I was lucky as others seem to have lost their money for good.

customer service (8) 3 days (5)
lukes192
September 4th, 2020
johnt1505
April 14th, 2020
Manager spoke to me like dirt they have a live chat on Facebook yet they don't help you they just say go open a ticket so I don't see the point of them having a Facebook help messenger. Will never shop with them again especially spending hundreds with them. Don't bother wasting your time on them they are unprofessional and dishonest.
akiraz
April 30th, 2020
Watch out for these people, I ordered a video game and it never arrived. They used a different address in the shipment and still insist that the order was delivered correctly. Even though they have proof of their mistake, they are opposed to returning the money to me. Be very careful with them, they are very unprofessional and have no control over what they do.

Charlie and Aron are incompetent.
thomasl538
February 1st, 2020
The company hast created an account based on my E-mail adress by themselves and charged my Paypal account multiple times.
The customer service (via Messenger) is rude and uses swear words. A company E-mail does not exist. Information by phone is charged extra and very expensive. They are violaating the data privacy act by refusing to give information about the personal data they are using from you.
They claim the Paypal was hacked, while Paypal tells otherwise.
A lawsuit has been filed.
williama814
July 1st, 2020
From a page of Nintendo Switch games, I spotted the title I wanted as a gift for my daughter. Unfortunately for me, I realised after purchase this was a Wii U version so no use to me. Refund? Swap for the right version? You must be joking. Totally intransigent and take the line that the policy they have chosen to adopt somehow "prevents" them from refunding or changing. Consumer law on digital downloads means that they don't "have to" be helpful, but they deliberately confuse this being unable to help. Their site states "We make it our mission to offer the best service possible." Complete rubbish.
kevinp601
July 2nd, 2020
Order placed with 24 hour tracked delivery. I had no update emails and so tried to call, message saying they have turned their phone lines off due to covid. They have chat though, but only if you're a Facebook user.

I used the ticketing service and asked for an update and got a sarcastic response from someone calling themselves Aron, saying, your order should be shipped, we can only fit so much on the van... He then closed my case.

I raised another to ask for an actual answer and he again picked it up, and sent another sarcastic response and cancelled my order.

CEO emailed, complaint with card services as they shouldn't be trusted with customer payments. Another complaint with their regulator relating to distance selling breaches. I have also logged a formal complain about Aron, not that it will do anything as the company is a scam
peterk44
November 17th, 2013
markh1804
April 24th, 2020
I was dumbstruck at how unprofessional and callous this company are. I was suckered by one of their instant downloads adverts, it was cheaper than Nintendo direct ( I should have known, I know!) ultimately the game rocked up 3 days later with a code that I never used, the purchase was for a birthday party so no good to me three days after the event. I explained the situation and was given abuse by the customer service team, It was blatant mis-selling but I was told to sling my hook. Trust pilot review request arrived the same day, it's funny that my negative review didn't appear on the site? I hopped on here hoping I could save one person from being robbed by these guys. Ignore trustpilot reviews they clearly are receiving payments from the companies involved so how can they be unbiased reviews.
tinaw7
October 7th, 2011
Not a bad selection of games and the delivery times are second to none - When they say buy today - Play tomorrow they really mean it. The site is really crap in my opinion and unless your PC has all the latest specs (like the one at hone NOT the one I have at work) then you will be fine, otherwise the site is frustraitingly slow, which is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.
jazzb5
April 15th, 2020
I have reported a fraud to them as someone made a payment to purchase some item from their website. I have been told there is nothing they can do about it. I am jobless due to covid 19 and was solely surviving on my savings but this is what their behaviour is towards frauds.

I have not been provided any assistance.
mattp288
March 21st, 2020
I ordered a download code for Xbox one and it arrived straight away. Prefect I thought. Tried to enter the code but it didn't work, assumed I had entered a digit wrong so tried again and still not working. Tried one more time but yeah still the same. Tried then on the xbox website to see if this changed anything but no. Raised a support ticket on their site but received no communication from this and it has been 24 hours. I tried to phone them but there contact center is down due to corona virus. I tweeted them and got told there is no timescales for an issue like this and they need to send my code to their IT team and they do not work weekends. It would seem logical for the twitter support person to just send me a new code instead of making me wait 3 days to play my game. Very poor customer service. Will not be buying again and will advise everyone else I know to not order from you.
leighg49
November 13th, 2020
Great if you don't run into a problem... Absolutely shocking if you have a problem, poorest customer service I've ever had to face... Facebook page just deletes your comments unless they are good comments... Avoid this company
dillonj15
April 3rd, 2020
I pre ordered Resident Evil 3 Remake which released on the 3rd of April 2020. The game arrived 3 days late. During this time when i Spoke to a member of staff for help, they were extremely rude and kept responding to me with a 'thumbs up' and said Its in Royal Mails hands now, we cannot do anything. No sympathy, No sorry or professionalism whatsoever even though they delivered the game late and were very rude in customer service. Also, their landlines and phone numbers for help and support were unavailable for multiple days. Worst experience i have ever had pre-ordering a game. Also, a friend of mine experienced verbal abuse from a member of staff on Shopto.net and was scammed. He did not receive the item and did not get a refund. Instead he got the wrong item 3 weeks later. Do not order from this garbage site as its a very uncomfortable and unprofessional, rude experience.
jimbobj1
November 20th, 2019
Shopto are scamming customers by claiming to offer finance with no credit check, when in reality there is a credit check but only after they take money from you. Their own finance company told me they are using deliberate false advertising. When confronted about this staff will become abusive and close your account so that they can steal your money. They also routinely lie about their delivery services and special offers. They get bad reviews removed from trustpilot in order to deceive people. Read the reviews from their own employees on glassdoor. This company is a disgrace.
craigc275
November 27th, 2019
They advertised an item at a price, i called them to purchase the item, they said they will call me back, that did not happen and in the mean time they changed the price by £50!

I called them back but they will not honour the price that i called the about int he first place, no management would talk to me and the customer service was aggressive... AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I am currently seeking legal advice about false advertising :(
unhappyc427
December 19th, 2019
I bought a ps4 controller from ebay, it didnt arrive, they sent me tracking number and said it did arrive. I tried talking to them, saying that our postman of 10 years said he didnt deliver it... they just replied with the same email 3 times... AVOID THESE PEOPLE or risk losing your money
markh1384
December 5th, 2019
I orderd a nintendo switch + labo bundle for sons christmas pressent and only got the switch deliverd, when i contacted them i was told nintendo didnt send them enough and i wasnt going to get it. I just looked on there site and there are the labo in stock so that was a lie from them. I feel robed and theres nothing i can do about it and am going to have to pay extra now to get the labo elsewhere.
Ill never use these again and wouldnt recomend to anyone.
timc441
September 23rd, 2019
Took full payment for a pre-order months before release then emailed me a day before release to say they were cancelling my pre-order as they had failed to charge my card for a second time! Customer service number doesn't work and very slow to respond on emails. Not the company they used to be.
ianm125
July 12th, 2017
ShopTo may list low prices, but you'll be lucky to receive anything from them. Bought an online 'INSTANT' code, but never received it. Raised an online ticket to try and sort it as nobody answers their premium rate phone number. They said they would look into it, but then my account got blocked and never heard from them. I've had to contact my bank and involve the fraud team as money was taken and they still have my card details on file.
FIRST CLASS SCAMMERS
hannahb202
August 2nd, 2019
Don't use they are scammers. Send you wrong items then expect you to be out of pocket sending postage
eh116
July 27th, 2017
I used to use this stie years ago for a lot of games purchases. Always worked well, had competitive prices and sometimes pre-orders would even arrive the day before. Went back after a few years and they were a mess. Dispatched one wrong item (Xbox One charger when I had ordered a PS4 one!) and also lost the other part of my order. Their initial ticket was totally ignored so I had to raise another under a different category to finally get a response. Total rubbish now and their site doesn't work properly either. Avoid at all costs - not worth the few £'s of savings.
emmat97
September 12th, 2019
I talked to shopto about an issue and when they refused to help, I had to open a case with paypal. Shopto emailed me after that asking me to close the case and resolve things with them. They said in the email that I could re-open the case if I couldn't resolve it with them. YOU CANNOT RE-OPEN CASES. What an unbelievable scam. I was eventually able to work it out but if I hadn't been able to they would have been able to say 'too bad, we have your money' and I wouldn't have been able to do anything. Not to mention they took 3 days to respond the first time, and 5 the second, despite claiming to try get back to people within 24 hours.
katys39
October 14th, 2018
Dont buy cycling helmets from shoptonet. They are fakes and might not be safe or safetry tested...

KASK helmets are sold on their site with the company name back to front. I dont believe their helmets are the genuine article.
scottj61
March 1st, 2017
I've used ShopTo.net for years to purchase a variety of games. I hadn't used them for a while to make a purchase, but at the time of my purchase they had Horizon: Zero Dawn (Exclusive Launch Edition!) for the cheapest price, so I thought i'd give it a go. And this is where my problems began.

First of all, I couldn't access my account. So I had to call their number, which costs 5p a minute to call, and then I had to wait close to ten minutes for a customer support representative to pick up.

I explained that I couldn't access my account, and then the support rep brought to my attention that I had an older account prior to the one I had. I told him that I wanted to keep the account I was trying to access (as I had reward points, etc), and the other could be deleted. I got access to my account, I thought that would be the end of it. Wrong.

Log in to my account, to find that I can't change my delivery address. Decided to contact them through support tickets and told them my problem. Their response was to close my account for being a duplicate less than an hour later.

Dig through my memory and finally access the older account to find that I can't do anything without confirming my e-mail address, which was not possible due to the e-mail address being deleted years before. So I decided to say 'sod it' and not wanting to pay more money to wait on the phone I looked at their eBay listing for the game, which was a little more expensive but still among the cheapest. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

ShopTo have listed Horizon on eBay as being the 'Exclusive Launch Edition'. Bare in mind that this exclusive edition comes with DLC codes for items, as stated on their website. So I purchased it. It arrived quickly. With no DLC codes.

I have essentially paid over the odds for a Standard Edition that they are promoting as their Exclusive Launch Edition. And they will not rectify the situation. Their excuse is that they do not promote the codes on eBay as it is for their website only, but at the same time, they do not explicitly state that no codes will be received either. So people would be of the belief that their 'Exclusive Launch Edition' would come with those codes.

But no. Standard Edition for me and every other poor sucker who thought they were getting something more. I wouldn't care as much if there was even a different cover. But no. It is a complete and utter Standard Edition being paraded as something else.

Complete and utter farce dealing with ShopTo culminating in this final kick to the teeth. You can be damn sure I won't be back.

SDN: SDN765169
disgruntledb1
July 6th, 2015
FAILED TO DELIVER ITEM. Bought Arkham Knight 7 Days ago with 1-3 days delivery - Still waiting

So I purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on the 25/06/15 using the 1-3 day delivery option. Waited 7 days for the item to arrive before I decided to check if there was an issue with delivery. The Order page of the website only shows the status as: Completed. I have tried to track the order but it won't allow that to happen. I've called my local Royal mail sorting office they don't have the item. I try to raise it with Shopto their policy is that they have to wait 15 days before an item is "Lost". I have raised a ticket using their internal system 9 hours to ask for a full refund so I can purchase it at Tesco and get it delivered to a store next to me the NEXT day at no additional cost, sadly no one has been in touch all I have received is a "ticket" confirming I have contacted them. It's been a very poor experience indeed, I've used ShopTo in the past without issue however I've been using Tesco much more. Not sure why I went back to ShopTo, sure as hell won't be going back again. It's the same price at both retailers just one has a much better service. What I wouldn't pay for good service. 0 out of 5 stars.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ShopTo.net staff and other customers.

Buy and Pre-order video games, home entertainment, TVs, laptops, tablets, cycling and sports technology. Free UK Delivery. Finance available

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShopTo.net?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about ShopTo.net?