Review of ShopGoodwill

Tel: 714-640-8370
info@shopgoodwill.com

chrisc933
4/16/19

The handling fees are unnecessary. The employes are not recieving an increase in pay, It is just a way to up the price very greedy. Have repeatedly recieved items as not described or completely wrong items. I cant complain about prices if other people want to pay more thats the name of the game, but when I bid on an item that a company got for free then I recieve a reserve has not been met notification that really is upsetting. This is only because knowing that the goodwill trashes literally tons of merchandise. If the item was donated any amount should be good enough because anything would help the cause more then nothing. Very disgraceful and really just look down on the company now. How can you promote that you are some sort of charity trying to help workers when you would rather throw items away then accept a price that you dont feel is enough. I wish another company would pick up the cause and carry on with the mission because this is no longer goodwill but rather greedywill.

cindyb473
4/9/19

I purchased a purse and they sent the wrong one. Response took forever, finally they sent a shipping label. I'm this time we had to close the card the purse was purchased on. Waited again for them to respond about how I was getting my refund. They said they would send a check but I would need to fill out a W-9 tax form. Are they crazy? Why should I give them my social security number for a $22 refund in their mistake.

laurag362
3/27/19

The shipping cost is more than the items ordered. The items were ripped, stained, wrong size and much more. I ordered 7 pair of jeans. I paid them on the day I ordered them. Four of them were sent and paid just fine. (Aside from rips, stains,etc.). However, the last three were ordered and I gave them my credit card # with the orders I called and complained and now my account is past due. What a mess they be are. They are supposed to help people but they can't even help this disabled person get what was ordered and paid for.

kerryl84
3/23/19

The old adage buyer beware is a good rule of thumb for this site. There are many items that are worth the price that is asked. However, the buyer should check the prices online before buying anything from this site. I ran into an item today, a gaming mouse. The start price on the auction was $14.99 plus $9.00 shipping and handling. When I searched this same product online, I found new ones selling for $9.99 with a lot less shipping.
The shipping that they charge has always been exorbitant to begin with.
There is always the chance that the item you get will not work, or be unsatisfactory. Remember that they usually make no promises as to the exact true functionality of the items.
Anyway, remember, buyer beware...

victorj53
3/22/19

I bought a broken dreamcast. Sent it back and it cost almost as much as I paid for a broken piece of crap. Then after shipped out i was finally ofgered a return slip. So now I am out of $21 it costed me to ship back garbage. Then it was closed out and no one answered me back about shipping refund. Do not buy online from them. Parts are broke and their customer service sucks. They have no professionalism and no real order.

jenines3
3/21/19

While I have had a few shipping problems over all it has been a great experience. The shipping is much cheaper than Ebay and I have saved a ton of money on things that I need. Example, my daughter is attending university in Canada. I got her a brand new pair of $130 LL Bean snow boots for $23 plus $10 shipping. Even with free shipping from LL Bean I still saved $100. The only difficult customer service issue I have had is I bought $36 worth of fiestaware. I forgot to look at the shipping and it was PUO. Well they wanted to charge me $45 for shipping and I told them no. It is still on my open list so I am not sure what they are going to do. The person I was messaging was kind of rude but that really is the only issue I have had.

harolda42
3/20/19

The Seattle store has the highest shipping charges of all the stores I have seen. It's not unusual to see an item (example) weigh 10 pounds, and the packaged weight is 20 pounds or more. The item would not be extra large or bulky, they just add the pounds on to get the extra shipping money. I quit buying from them.

mikeh871
3/15/19

When the bids are more than what you can pay on Ebay buy it now it is quite obvious that the goodwill employees are jacking up the prices with fraudulent bids. I have never seen such blatant fraud in all my years shopping online. It's bad enough the best items are not available in the stores anymore but do they have to rip off the online shoppers?? Really they ought to be ashamed to take in donations and then gouge customers. Very Sad!!

missyg17
3/9/19

A couple of times I won and then bid on so many items I could not afford shipping on and realized that I had other things to do than pay high shipping cost. I also didn't know anything about the site and then came back found out they closed all my accounts lol. I was on goodwill for 1 year and just this year I caught myself having to send tons of messages to plead that they reopen my account and I apologized for not paying. I failed to realize that you got to think about others that bid and could have won it. So they reopened my account and I am very careful at what I bid on now. but lord ham mercy the cost of that fur coat DONNYBROOK was crazy it was $100 and had stains on it. I paid $20 for the Victoria secret shoes that had stains on it. You can honestly find nice stuff but be careful on shipping cost. I find myself looking at the 1 cent ship auctions now.

sarahb637
3/6/19

You are forced to place the min bid amount. I won an auction for 5.99 and the shipping alone is 20.60. I should never have bid. I shop at goodwill to get a deal, not pay more than in the stores for new things. I cannot afford this.

gws3
3/5/19

I sent a message to one of the stores asking where Goodwill gets all of their very pricey jewelry. I could not see so many rich people donating jewelry that cost thousands and thousands of dollars on a regular basis. I was told that they buy that expensive jewelry to auction off. I've attached a screen shot of the conversation) I'm sorry but if Goodwill is a nonprofit and they are supposed to be helping the less fortunate, they shouldn't have the money to be buying expensive jewelry.
And yes, the shipping is an absolute rip-off as are the handling fees. Not long ago I saw an Indian Head Penny, just one penny and the shipping on it was $11 plus a handling fee. I messaged them and told them they could put the penny in an envelope for the price of a stamp and mail it!! ( I didn't want to buy the penny, I just was curious how much they would charge to ship a penny).
FED EX is a RIP off! However when I have complained about shipping, just about every single store has replied that I can arrange for my own shipper, so theres that. The $0.01 shipping is a joke because every store jacks up the starting bid so high on the items so that they can cover the cost of shipping.

cringism
2/27/19

Crooks get free items and overcharge everyone one prices and Then on shipping n handling. The employees run up the bids and / or cancel your accpunt for no reason. Returns are a joke. N they will sell shut stain underwears for a profit.

rachels356
2/24/19

They need to revamp their system entirely. Take a look at mercari and ebay already. This is also why all of their stores simply stock junk.

fbooku
2/13/19

Greedy greedy goodwill. You were once in the game for others that were in an unfortunate situation. Now you are in it for yourself. I really do not see how you make $100000's on high end merch on you auction website shopgoodwilll.com and still paying your employees Nothing. You retail shops also look like a riot has come through them.

ryanr264
2/13/19

I recently bought a PlayStation 4 from Shopgoodwill.com that was described as functional, bid almost $150 for the device and received it and it has a malfunction with the product that renders it completely broken. Tried to return the device to the provider and was notified I was out of luck. Customer service is nonexistent.

alj199
2/12/19

Shopgoodwill has been one of my favorite on line sites to shop. Not so much Now. They ship via FedEx. If your purchases arrive to your address it will be a true miracle. Shopgoodwill shipping labels are auto Print. Long address information will not be transferred onto label. Third misdelivery in last two weeks. I will now return to trusted shopping sites such as EBay or Amazon.
Al Jordan
Tequesta Florida

alexandraj30
2/12/19

Title says it all. Not only are you charged a handling price, but shipping is three to four times what it should be! For example, I purchased a very small item weighing 5oz (could be shipped USPS Priority for under $3) but I was charged $13. If you're going to buy from this site, I strongly encourage you to check the shipping charges before bidding.

mikie2
2/12/19

I understand that they are selling DONATED items to be sold for profit. Used products, some in very good condistion are being sold for almost as much as new, then you add the shipping AND handling, now it is not worth it.

You are just better off going to the store!

christ367
2/5/19

Not only are things normally overpriced but the shipping is over the top expensive. I've never seen so much greed from a "charity" I wish the FDA would look in to these criminals.

blakes76
1/30/19

For absolutely no reason, my account has been suspended. I've literally spent several THOUSAND DOLLARS purchasing from shopgoodwill and yet they just suspend my account and never contacted me back even though I've left several phone messages and emails.

cindyworkw
1/29/19

Beware of overcharging in shipping. Items will weigh only 7 ounces but you are charged for 11 pounds in shipping and then are unable to combine items in one shipping charge because everything weights 11 pounds. Yes 11 pounds which puts your combined weight over the 20 pounds limit. What a rip off!! Check your shipping charges before bidding! I won't bid on those items anymore. I can get them brand new on eBay separately and still be cheaper than goodwill charges.

janep146
1/25/19

Not happy with this site! They post items listed as sterling silver, only to receive and see it is 925 silver. They post items that are in no condition to be sold. Example...I purchased a set of silver plate flatware. When it arrived, the first thing I noticed, it was ruined. Previous owner probably put it in the dishwasher all the time. Dishwashers end up stripping the silver plate off. I had to throw the set out!! On top of the way they list items, there handling fees are out of control!!!! I can't for the life of me understand why they charge $4.00 handling fees for things that are not fragile and some even fit in an envelope! They sell garbage but list it as good condition. They charge outrageous prices. I won't be shopping here anymore!

joanp52
1/20/19

There I am with two seconds to go on a necklace I was bidding on for $132.. With two second left, someone swoops in with a 289.99 bid! If the bidding is supposed to go up by small increments, how is this even possible? There was no reserve listed on the item. I suspect foul play. Obviously certain insiders, probably commercial dealers are given preferential treatment. This happened with Goodwill Industries of South Florida.

sharond114
1/18/19

Have bought many items but am starting to get very weary of being charged "handling prices" plus "shipping prices". I buy jewelry and am charged $3 and $4 for "handling" plus an over-inflated cost to ship (sometimes $11). They over-inflate the weight to charge more - jewelry does not weigh pounds which I have seen. One would think you would receive expedited shipping at these prices but they allow themselves 7 days to ship and usually take all 7. I ship the same items for $2.66 USPS first class. This is truly is robbery. Not sure why they can be called a CHARITY with this sort of UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR!

karenh616
1/16/19

Shopgoodwill routinely cites any existing appraisal to set a reserve, even though appraisals are 200% to 300% more than what you can buy the same thing at Costco.

Shopgoodwill flogs very poor diamonds coyly presented for sale without any meaningful description. If you can live with a low-quality diamond, you can get a pair of 3mm, I1 clarity diamond stud earrings on eBay for something in the neighbourhood of $100. Don't get screwed on Shopgoodwill.

If buyer got to leave their personal experiences with this company, they wouldn't exist in a year. They aren't going to risk that. Only honest sellers want their information posted for everyone to see. So don't expect it from Goodwill.

By Chris N.

If you aren't using paypal or a credit card, there isn't much recourse. With paypal, the seller has to prove you received the item. If they can't, you will get your money back.

By Chris N.

By T R.

Questions? Get answers from the ShopGoodwill staff and other customers.

15 Photos for ShopGoodwill