Review of ShopGoodwill

Tel: 714-640-8370
info@shopgoodwill.com

stephaniek186
7/3/19

They always are on top messages. And allow pick sooner then the 24 advise request. Has no problem backing up products and if need to giving a refund without hassle.

ladytsunadel
6/25/19

Is terrible omg who would make a auction for poor people this so unbelievable and disgusting why would they do this

bibbyg
6/24/19

I consistently see bidding wars on similar items that are 50-80% less on Ebay with Buy it now or best offers! Obviously they have some kind of bots doing their bidding. What a bunch of crooks! Not to mention the ridiculous shipping charges! They should be investigated and stripped of their non-profit status. They are nothing less than a racket!!!

amandab541
6/22/19

Over the last few years I've purchased a number of jewelry lots from shop Goodwill.com. In the last six months, some of the goodwill locations have loaded their by the pound lots with heavy, metal non-jewelry items which they do not include in their photographs. In a recent shipment, there was a tractor part, tons of empty boxes, old heavy plastic toys, a rusty nail, a nasty cigarette but, and 12 Styrofoam Nerf gun bullets. When I contacted the Goodwill location twice, they were unresponsive. Very unhappy

spokanew
6/21/19

The Department of Commerce is one of several places to file a complaint by phone or online, they require many complaints about item listings and shipping overcharges before they take any action. They will also connect with the police and FBI for further investigation.
You may also contact your State Attorney Generals office or file an on-line complaint. The Better Business Beaurou is another option, all 3 is the best. E-commerce is a big part of the scam of misrepresented items and ridiculous shipping and handling charges which I have a big problem with for supposedly donated items. I believe that the site can be shut down and a class action lawsuit will be filed with US government on your side. This cannot be done by one person or nothing will happen, as many people were cheated if combined as one then they will be stopped. I also spoke with FedEx about the shipping charges and was connected to 2 people in India, and another in the U.S, I was hung up on by all 3 with blatant disregard regarding a problem they are involved with. How many people are involved? My guess is a lot. They also use shills for any given item that they think should be sold at a higher price.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE of the deceptive tactics they use most often you'll find a better price elsewhere, there are no good deals on shopgoodwills auctions anywhere.

bobbol
6/21/19

I see people doing nothing but complaining. Personally I have had a great experience bidding and even won lots of great items I was looking for. Don't listen to the negativity as most people are just bitter they can't buy cheap and resell expensive!

lindaj311
6/18/19

I thought this would be a wonderful place to buy. I should have read the reviews first. I waited a very very long time and paid an exorbitant shipping and handling fee for TWO Starbucks mugs. When the box arrived today, there was only ONE mug in it. I am so upset and they have not even responded to my emails for assistance. WOW! Expensive lesson learned...never again. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

terrancew11
6/12/19

The name goodwill was a staple at one time where you could get something great at a low price so sad that now there like every other company over charge no returns on the crap stuff so so sad

jeffw343
6/7/19

I hadn't realized this until recently (some people on reddit mentioned this and it made so much sense)-- but there's an awful lot of evidence/patterns pointing to this site using bots of some sort to outbid actual users. I theorize they do it in order to get more money and start "bid wars". Believe me, this isn't far fetched-- its actually quite common nowadays.

Like clockwork, I will get outbid on most items, no matter how obscure and undesirable, in a matter of a couple hours. Its always placed within 10 minutes of 60, 90, and 120 minutes after my initial bid. Seems fishy right? Plus I've seen these same items pop back up a month later if I leave them alone, as if the supposed "high bidder" never paid.

I've noticed this happen to other users too, on undesirable crap that's not worth the money or effort whatsoever to bid on. About the only way to successfully get items on there is to bid at the last second, especially if there's no other bidders. If there is no other bidders, that's your sign to leave the item alone until the last minute.

I've used this site for 8+ years and watched it go downhill. It seemed much better back before it was revamped, albeit shipping was still flippantly overpriced on occasion back then.

Take it as you will, I'd just steer clear of this once-good auction site, that's now been lost to pathetic corporate greed and overzealous resellers.

bobr109
5/22/19

Purchased an Omega men's watch listed as 14k gold with a loose crown. The watch arrived and is gold filled and the crown has part of the broken stem still attached. So now I'm stuck with fixing the stem and replacing the crystal and whatever else arises just to hopefully get my money out of the watch. Goodwill of Sacramento Valley says they changed the listing once the error was noted...then how is the listing still the same when I open my account and review the listing? This is not an exception anymore, but more often the rule as Goodwill sells items they can deceive buyers on through their auction site and then refuse to give refunds.

lizw237
5/20/19

I really liked buying items from this site until they "disabled" my account without notice or reason!! I had payment due on 2 items that had 3 hours left to pay. I signed on to my account to pay on the 2 items that were due and I wasn't even able to sign on because they disabled my account BEFORE it was past due!! I purchased over $400 in items and they disabled my account before all of them were even shipped!!!! I'm just hoping they were all delivered and I got all my items now that I can't even sign on to my account to check. Clearly I had intent to pay as evidence by my purchase history. Their business is shady and I deserve an explanation if they are going to disable MY account. I even tried to make a new account and a day later they disabled that one as well!! Like I said, some really shady business going on. I got some really good deals on some really great items (maybe that's why they disabled it!!) and would have continued shopping on their site but now they just put an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I strongly recommend that they improve their customer service side of things. These are DONATED ITEMS supposedly sold to go to a good cause. If they are going to sell such a high influx of items then they need to improve on many aspects of their business. Not very impressed at all with how things are run on that website. There needs to be better regulation. Beware of the disappointment that you may experience. Shady shady business!!!!

alexn133
5/3/19

I won a bid for a laptop from an auction. They held up my order for a week and overcharged for shipping. I emailed them and got no responding to my messages. If an item broke, they would not refund it.

kipj7
5/1/19

Really sad that my business is banned from bidding because I had a business acct and personal acct. All auctions are paid, but was accused of "duplicate" accounts. They could clearly see that my business is legit. Those in charge refuse to work things out even though all auctions are paid and I volunteered to close personal account. They are just losing money. Good luck with that, Goodwill.

valerieu8
4/30/19

Why has Shopgoodwill not been closed down for bait and switch, sending broken unusable items. Why are they allowed to steal, cheat and lie along with charging 10 times the rate for postage. I can't think of any store that would sell something broken and them tell no refund? Why do they get away with it because they are non profit. Does anyone else think they should be reported to the Attorney General for illegal business practices? They sell and ship in every state. I think there may be a case of mail fraud.

andyp177
4/24/19

Like everyone has said, the shipping is absolutely insane. Be prepared to spend $10 per pound of whatever you buy, with arbitrary handling fees. I used to order a lot, but can't handle the customer service. Sometimes you get your item, sometimes it just never shows up. Occasionally I've gotten the wrong item or something that was wildly misrepresented. And don't think you can return anything - even if you got sent the wrong thing you're stuck with it. I've followed procedure and send a message to customer service, and all they did was ban my account. I made another account, and as soon as I had to email customer service about something it was ALSO immediately banned. So it definitely wasn't a coincidence! I guess I'll never get any of the stuff I paid for! Screw you and your pathetic excuse for a charity.

rs352
4/22/19

All the money that goodwill makes and they can't hire competent people to run the shopgoodwill site???

chrisc933
4/16/19

The handling fees are unnecessary. The employes are not recieving an increase in pay, It is just a way to up the price very greedy. Have repeatedly recieved items as not described or completely wrong items. I cant complain about prices if other people want to pay more thats the name of the game, but when I bid on an item that a company got for free then I recieve a reserve has not been met notification that really is upsetting. This is only because knowing that the goodwill trashes literally tons of merchandise. If the item was donated any amount should be good enough because anything would help the cause more then nothing. Very disgraceful and really just look down on the company now. How can you promote that you are some sort of charity trying to help workers when you would rather throw items away then accept a price that you dont feel is enough. I wish another company would pick up the cause and carry on with the mission because this is no longer goodwill but rather greedywill.

cindyb473
4/9/19

I purchased a purse and they sent the wrong one. Response took forever, finally they sent a shipping label. I'm this time we had to close the card the purse was purchased on. Waited again for them to respond about how I was getting my refund. They said they would send a check but I would need to fill out a W-9 tax form. Are they crazy? Why should I give them my social security number for a $22 refund in their mistake.

laurag362
3/27/19

The shipping cost is more than the items ordered. The items were ripped, stained, wrong size and much more. I ordered 7 pair of jeans. I paid them on the day I ordered them. Four of them were sent and paid just fine. (Aside from rips, stains,etc.). However, the last three were ordered and I gave them my credit card # with the orders I called and complained and now my account is past due. What a mess they be are. They are supposed to help people but they can't even help this disabled person get what was ordered and paid for.

kerryl84
3/23/19

The old adage buyer beware is a good rule of thumb for this site. There are many items that are worth the price that is asked. However, the buyer should check the prices online before buying anything from this site. I ran into an item today, a gaming mouse. The start price on the auction was $14.99 plus $9.00 shipping and handling. When I searched this same product online, I found new ones selling for $9.99 with a lot less shipping.
The shipping that they charge has always been exorbitant to begin with.
There is always the chance that the item you get will not work, or be unsatisfactory. Remember that they usually make no promises as to the exact true functionality of the items.
Anyway, remember, buyer beware...

victorj53
3/22/19

I bought a broken dreamcast. Sent it back and it cost almost as much as I paid for a broken piece of crap. Then after shipped out i was finally ofgered a return slip. So now I am out of $21 it costed me to ship back garbage. Then it was closed out and no one answered me back about shipping refund. Do not buy online from them. Parts are broke and their customer service sucks. They have no professionalism and no real order.

jenines3
3/21/19

While I have had a few shipping problems over all it has been a great experience. The shipping is much cheaper than Ebay and I have saved a ton of money on things that I need. Example, my daughter is attending university in Canada. I got her a brand new pair of $130 LL Bean snow boots for $23 plus $10 shipping. Even with free shipping from LL Bean I still saved $100. The only difficult customer service issue I have had is I bought $36 worth of fiestaware. I forgot to look at the shipping and it was PUO. Well they wanted to charge me $45 for shipping and I told them no. It is still on my open list so I am not sure what they are going to do. The person I was messaging was kind of rude but that really is the only issue I have had.

harolda42
3/20/19

The Seattle store has the highest shipping charges of all the stores I have seen. It's not unusual to see an item (example) weigh 10 pounds, and the packaged weight is 20 pounds or more. The item would not be extra large or bulky, they just add the pounds on to get the extra shipping money. I quit buying from them.

mikeh871
3/15/19

When the bids are more than what you can pay on Ebay buy it now it is quite obvious that the goodwill employees are jacking up the prices with fraudulent bids. I have never seen such blatant fraud in all my years shopping online. It's bad enough the best items are not available in the stores anymore but do they have to rip off the online shoppers?? Really they ought to be ashamed to take in donations and then gouge customers. Very Sad!!

missyg17
3/9/19

A couple of times I won and then bid on so many items I could not afford shipping on and realized that I had other things to do than pay high shipping cost. I also didn't know anything about the site and then came back found out they closed all my accounts lol. I was on goodwill for 1 year and just this year I caught myself having to send tons of messages to plead that they reopen my account and I apologized for not paying. I failed to realize that you got to think about others that bid and could have won it. So they reopened my account and I am very careful at what I bid on now. but lord ham mercy the cost of that fur coat DONNYBROOK was crazy it was $100 and had stains on it. I paid $20 for the Victoria secret shoes that had stains on it. You can honestly find nice stuff but be careful on shipping cost. I find myself looking at the 1 cent ship auctions now.

If buyer got to leave their personal experiences with this company, they wouldn't exist in a year. They aren't going to risk that. Only honest sellers want their information posted for everyone to see. So don't expect it from Goodwill.

By Chris N.

If you aren't using paypal or a credit card, there isn't much recourse. With paypal, the seller has to prove you received the item. If they can't, you will get your money back.

By Chris N.

You need to shop at the EBay goodwill store and use paypal that way you can get most if not all your money back do not shop at shopgoodwill only headache

By terrance w.

It did not get lost they did not get the price they wanted for the said item so it's lost they will wait for a while and realist it under a different item number and raise the shipping price and bid price with the auto bods so they can get a higher price for the item

By terrance w.

No it's not FedEx it goodwill marking up the shipping price they will make a few dollars off every shipping label if something will ship for 14 dollars FedEx will charge 18 to 20 dollars for it and keep the extra and print out a label with the amount that FedEx charges FedEx will not cheat some one to big of a company to do that they have pride and do not want to go to court over shipping cost that are deemed to high

By terrance w.

No unless you know what you are doing most if not all are donated that means they do not work only for parts they will tell you untested because of power supply they are goodwill they have all the power supply needed for any laptop

By terrance w.

Goodwill make extra money off the FedEx labels most if not all shipping cost you see on shopgoodwill are higher then what FedEx charges goodwill will make a few dollars off every label in turns adds up to a lot of extra income for a non profit organizations they are like any other company they have CEO that are looking to make any extra money they can so for now goodwill the name means nothing now not like it was many years ago so you are better off shipping the goodwill EBay store there you can get your money back is some thing is not right

By terrance w.

Contact BBB for help and report any suspicions.

By T R.

Contact BBB for help and report any suspicions.

By T R.

Every state has a shopgoodwill so when a item in bought in that state the shopgoodwill gets the money some is set aside for non profit but not much all the non profit organizations get there money from government agencies so what goodwill sells is pure profit so when you round up at a store it goes in to the CEO of any goodwill agency

By terrance w.
Questions? Get answers from the ShopGoodwill staff and other customers.

15 Photos for ShopGoodwill